NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn Automagfreek

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:57 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:OOC: Since when is the SC an IC thing? :blink:

OOC: Since forever.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:44 pm

Reminding myself that I still plan to mark all of this up.

Noting with regret that Automagfreek has taken a strong stance against Christianity domestically and internationally; (1) Christian priests in Automagfreek were mutilated by swords or dragged by vehicles through urban areas, (2) Automagfreek invaded Free Missouri for practicing Christianity and threatened to “unleash a tsunami of decimation down upon them”, (3) Automagfreek involved itself with the Nordic Civil War to commit genocide against a Christian uprising,

Shocked by Automagfreek’s brutal torture of Father David Marcellus, a Freekish Christian leader, and Queen Cecilia of British Londinium in the “Halls of the Dead”, Automagfreek’s infamous torture chamber; Reports suggest Queen Cecilia’s skull was displayed on a stake in front of the Freekish Great Hall and her body ground into dog food,

Recognizing that Automagfreek has taken a strong standing against smaller nations asserting influence by founding “The Brimstone Pact” to destroy alliances of smaller nations; The Brimsone Pact even demanded all alliances must register with it. Automagfreek sent one clear message to smaller nations, “join us, or die”,

Mindful that for similar reasoning, Automagfreek threatened to rain “suffering and death” upon members of “The United League of Nations” (ULN), an alliance of seventy-seven smaller nations dedicated to mutual defence, providing disaster relief and combating terrorism; Automagfreek did target commercial and civilian maritime traffic in ULN member nations,

Disgusted by Automagfreek’s “Flesh for Fuel” program that used dead enemy soldiers to fuel Automagfreek military vehicles,

Convinced that with Automagfreek’s recent declaration to capture and enslave horsefolk to harvest resources, the World Assembly can no longer disregard Automagfreek’s flagrant violations of fundamental rights,

Hereby Condemns Automagfreek.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:46 am

Automagfreek wrote:It was decided that the Security Council itself would be targeted this time, to further illustrate the Empire's hatred of the outlanders and once again discourage them from meddling in Automagfreek's affairs. Several diplomatic packages were sent to the offices of those who had give support for the drafting of the resolution, each filled with a highly engineered strain of weaponized anthrax. The Unibotian delegate would be sent something much more...deliberate. Upon opening the package and reading the contents of the enclosed letter, which itself was a very lengthy verbal assault on the WA, the victim would be exposed to the most lethal biological weapon that the Empire had ever encountered; Motaaza.

OOC: Good thing that the WA Building's Acme Weapons Neutralisers will render these harmless, eh?
^_^
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:56 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Automagfreek wrote:It was decided that the Security Council itself would be targeted this time, to further illustrate the Empire's hatred of the outlanders and once again discourage them from meddling in Automagfreek's affairs. Several diplomatic packages were sent to the offices of those who had give support for the drafting of the resolution, each filled with a highly engineered strain of weaponized anthrax. The Unibotian delegate would be sent something much more...deliberate. Upon opening the package and reading the contents of the enclosed letter, which itself was a very lengthy verbal assault on the WA, the victim would be exposed to the most lethal biological weapon that the Empire had ever encountered; Motaaza.

OOC: Good thing that the WA Building's Acme Weapons Neutralisers will render these harmless, eh?
^_^

OOC: It's well documented that the SCHQ doesn't have neutralizers since raiders and defenders don't trust each other to not use neutralization to their advantage. ^_^

Likewise, I believe the nullifier only pertains to the Strangers' Bar, not the entire GAHQ, anyway.
Last edited by Unibot II on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:48 am

Unibot II wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:
^_^

OOC: It's well documented that the SCHQ doesn't have neutralizers since raiders and defenders don't trust each other to not use neutralization to their advantage. ^_^

Likewise, I believe the nullifier only pertains to the Strangers' Bar, not the entire GAHQ, anyway.

OOC: No, it's definitely the whole GAHQ: Kenny questioned the point when I mentioned it in a debate over there, but then he himself found at least one post in which WA Building Management mentioned the fact.

So, then, do you think that if [for example] some n00bish national government sends in a single suicidal agent with a suitcase nuke they should be able to destroy the entire SCHQ and everybody inside it?!?
Last edited by Bears Armed on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:55 am

Bears Armed wrote:So, then, do you think that if [for example] some n00bish national government sends in a single suicidal agent with a suitcase nuke they should be able to destroy the entire SCHQ and everybody inside it?!?

OOC: Um, that's already happened. Image
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Flash Delerium
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Flash Delerium » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:58 am

Bears Armed wrote:So, then, do you think that if [for example] some n00bish national government sends in a single suicidal agent with a suitcase nuke they should be able to destroy the entire SCHQ and everybody inside it?!?

Kenny is a big n00b. :p

EDIT: NINJA'D

The SCHQ does have defense.. but it's more of a realistic defense than the nullifier. We've seen gnome security walking around the place and if any ambassador needs to discombobulate another person, they can pull the levers around the place and active the Formicator.. which unleashes the wrath of invisible ants. The reason for this lesser defence is obviously because we don't have the same funding... I wonder why. :P

NSwiki wrote:After a Kennyite ambassador held ambassadors hostage in the main chamber, it became clear there was a need for an anti-weapons system. The builders didn't initially install one because the defenders refused to occupy the same room with raiders without their weapons, and the raiders thought such a system give the advantage to defenders and screamed "omgMODBIAS!!!11!!1!" Also, the Kennyites thought a defenseless Security Council would be hilariously ironic, and so bribed WABM to allocate WAHQ resources accordingly. Unibot has since introduced a "Formicator" to deal with security threats.
From WA-SCHQ.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:50 pm

Getting there. Still have a tiny bit left to do at the end.
To be honest, I'm not extremely impressed by the candidate's RPing. Automagfreek seems like another kitten killer. Yeah, I invented my own term there. What else am I to call those who try very hard in their RPs to appear as evil as possible simply through repulsive acts of violence and violations of civil rights which generally lack true creative brilliance?
I'll probably vote against this once I'm done patching it up and once you've pushed it to vote. Unless you can change my opinion.

Noting with regret that Automagfreek has taken a violent stance against Christianity and has ordered Christian priests to be mutilated with swords or dragged by vehicles through urban areas,

Further noting that Automagfreek invaded Free Missouri because of the widespread practice of Christianity within the nation and became involved in the Nordic Civil War to commit genocide against a Christian uprising,

The quote sounded really campy. No offense to Automagfreek.

Shocked by Automagfreek’s brutal torture of Father David Marcellus, a Freekish Christian leader, and of Queen Cecilia of British Londinium in the nation’s infamous torture chamber, “The Halls of the Dead;” Reports suggest that Queen Cecilia’s skull was displayed on a stake in front of the Freekish Great Hall and her body ground into dog food,

Recognizing that Automagfreek has opposed the advancement of small nations by founding “The Brimstone Pact,” which destroyed alliances between smaller nations and demanded that any alliance between smaller nations be registered,

I’m not quite getting this Brimstone Pact thing. It destroys alliances, yet demands that they be approved by Automagfreek? Is that what happened?
Last phrase there was tacky. I think people get the picture; you don’t have to spell it out for them like that.
Last edited by A mean old man on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:58 pm

A mean old man wrote:To be honest, I'm not extremely impressed by the candidate's RPing. Automagfreek seems like another kitten killer. Yeah, I invented my own term there. What else am I to call those who try very hard in their RPs to appear as evil as possible simply through repulsive acts of violence and violations of civil rights which generally lack true creative brilliance?

For one thing, Automagfreek is the classic example of evil in II, anyone trying to do repulsive acts of violence is basically copying Automagfreek. Secondly, there is a definite psychology underneath all of this violence; religious tension and notions of violent supremacy.

I believe I phrased the Brimstone Pact incorrectly; it asks for registration, if the alliance wasn't approved it was motioned to be destroyed.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:10 pm

Unibot II wrote:For one thing, Automagfreek is the classic example of evil in II, anyone trying to do repulsive acts of violence is basically copying Automagfreek. Secondly, there is a definite psychology underneath all of this violence; religious tension and notions of violent supremacy.

( OOC: It should also be noted that AMF invented many of the evil trends that are practiced in II. I'd be lying if I said that he is one of my larger influences ICly and OoCly, for example... <_< )
Last edited by Milograd on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:12 pm

Unibot II wrote:For one thing, Automagfreek is the classic example of evil in II, anyone trying to do repulsive acts of violence is basically copying Automagfreek. Secondly, there is a definite psychology underneath all of this violence; religious tension and notions of violent supremacy.

I suppose he should have been condemned before all the other kitten killers (specifically Great Nepal, Kalasparata, Swarmlandia, and Blackhelm Confederacy) were condemned, then. Maybe I'll vote for "the original." I'm too damned critical, but I'm always a bit bothered when a condemnation revolves around torture, slave labor, etc. It's boring. If Automagfreek roleplayed any evil political master plans (was this Brimstone Pact deceptive? That could be fun), those should be given a bit more appreciation by the text than when he turned some queen into dog food.

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:15 pm

A mean old man wrote:

I suppose he should have been condemned before all the other kitten killers (specifically Great Nepal, Kalasparata, Swarmlandia, and Blackhelm Confederacy) were condemned, then. Maybe I'll vote for "the original." I'm too damned critical, but I'm always a bit bothered when a condemnation revolves around torture, slave labor, etc. It's boring. If Automagfreek roleplayed any evil political master plans (was this Brimstone Pact deceptive? That could be fun), those should be given a bit more appreciation by the text than when he turned some queen into dog food.

Automagfreek doesn't know it is evil, if that's what you mean. I mean it thinks it's doing a great service to the God of War and all others are simply weak.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:20 pm

Unibot II wrote:Automagfreek doesn't know it is evil, if that's what you mean. I mean it thinks it's doing a great service to the God of War and all others are simply weak.

I don't think you understood what I'm trying to say. When I vote on a condemnation or commendation that revolves around roleplaying, I don't just think about the events it talks about. I think about the writing of the roleplaying and the thought that went into it.

I'm wondering right now if there's anything that goes beyond the norm here. Is there anything other than just blood, guts, and oppression? Is there trickery? Manipulation? If Automagfreek has been around for so long, there must be.

I'm probably being too harsh. I'm just getting kind of weary of every RPing condemnation looking the same. I'd like something more interesting than just "This nation killed a shitload of people in really nasty ways and attacked other nations without any reasonable cause." I want to see something devious and calculated.

Milograd
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:30 pm

( OOC: The Brimstone Pact essentially attempted to establish a hegemony of sorts through the manipulating of various states and the destruction of notable power blocs... )
Last edited by Milograd on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:39 pm

Milograd wrote:( OOC: The Brimstone Pact essentially attempted to establish a hegemony of sorts through the manipulating of various states and the destruction of notable power blocs... )

That sounds much more interesting than the hateful acts of violence I read about in the condemnation. When I finish editing this last bit I'll read that Pact's thread and tack on a version of that Brimstone Pact clause that I think is more appealing to those such as myself who have grown tired of simple shock value.

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:55 pm

A mean old man wrote:I'm probably being too harsh. I'm just getting kind of weary of every RPing condemnation looking the same. I'd like something more interesting than just "This nation killed a shitload of people in really nasty ways and attacked other nations without any reasonable cause." I want to see something devious and calculated.

I look more for corroboration. I think it's perfectly acceptable for a condemnation to be focused on violence and human rights violations; most condemnations in Real Life are. What separates a bad condemnation nominee and a good one is the corroboration of the events. Really it doesn't get anymore canon than Automagfreek. :/

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:04 pm

Unibot II wrote:I look more for corroboration. I think it's perfectly acceptable for a condemnation to be focused on violence and human rights violations; most condemnations in Real Life are. What separates a bad condemnation nominee and a good one is the corroboration of the events. Really it doesn't get anymore canon than Automagfreek. :/

Didn't know NS was Real Life™.

Not sure why I'm feeling so picky all of a sudden. It could be my general boredom with NS as a whole lately. Yes, Automagfreek is a good candidate. I just think we all need something ... refreshing.

Milograd
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:11 pm

A mean old man wrote:
Unibot II wrote:I look more for corroboration. I think it's perfectly acceptable for a condemnation to be focused on violence and human rights violations; most condemnations in Real Life are. What separates a bad condemnation nominee and a good one is the corroboration of the events. Really it doesn't get anymore canon than Automagfreek. :/

Didn't know NS was Real Life™.

Not sure why I'm feeling so picky all of a sudden. It could be my general boredom with NS as a whole lately. Yes, Automagfreek is a good candidate. I just think we all need something ... refreshing.

( OOC: If you're looking for something to do you could always...have a debate with Antariel. I know you love doing that, obviously. )
Retired

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:17 pm

Milograd wrote:( OOC: If you're looking for something to do you could always...have a debate with Antariel. I know you love doing that, obviously. )

Carta. You and your sense of humor. ;)

Dneprdaniya
Attaché

Founded: May 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Dneprdaniya » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:25 pm

As leader of the Gholgothic Nations, Automagfreek must be aware that the nations of Jagada, Ralkovia and Milograd have made genocidal claims on both Respublika Dneprdaniya and the Nomadic Peoples of Vbingvan. We bring the genocidal intent of these subject nations of Automagfreek to the attention of the world community.
ВОЛКОВ БОЯТьСЯ; B ЛЕС НЕ КОДИТь

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:33 pm

Mindful of the fact that, for similar reasoning, Automagfreek targeted commercial and civilian maritime traffic in and threatened to rain “suffering and death” upon member nations of “The United League of Nations” (ULN), an alliance of seventy-seven smaller nations dedicated to mutual defence, providing disaster relief, and combating terrorism,

Disgusted by Automagfreek’s “Flesh for Fuel” program that used dead enemy soldiers to fuel Automagfreek military vehicles,

Convinced that, with Automagfreek’s recent decision to capture and enslave horsefolk for collecting resources, the World Assembly can no longer disregard Automagfreek’s flagrant violations of fundamental rights,

Hereby Condemns Automagfreek.

Maybe I'll work on a better "Brimstone Pact" clause later.
Last edited by A mean old man on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:33 am

Awesome AMOM, would you accept Co-Authorship?

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:55 pm

Unibot II wrote:Awesome AMOM, would you accept Co-Authorship?

When was the last time we worked as a team on one resolution?

I accept, though allow me to create a new clause on the Brimstone Pact before you submit this. I feel it is a co-author's obligation to improve not just the proposal's wording but its content. Otherwise I might as well be tagged as "editor."

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:06 pm

A mean old man wrote:
When was the last time we worked as a team on one resolution?

I accept, though allow me to create a new clause on the Brimstone Pact before you submit this. I feel it is a co-author's obligation to improve not just the proposal's wording but its content. Otherwise I might as well be tagged as "editor."

Agreed. I look forward to your input. :)

Fischistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fischistan » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:30 pm

OOC: Can someone explain to me how saying 'international incidents' is not a rule four violation? And also, if the role-play you mentioned was banned from the site, it must have been an offsite roleplay, right? I thought those don't exist IC'ly in NS?
Xavier D'Montagne
Fischistani Ambassador to the WA
Unibot II wrote:It's Carta. He CANNOT Fail. Only successes in reverse.
The Matthew Islands wrote:Knowledge is knowing the Tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Anthony Delasanta wrote:its was not genocide it was ethnic cleansing...
Socorra wrote:A religion-free abortion thread is like a meat-free hamburger.
Help is on its Way: UDL
Never forget 11 September.
Never look off the edge of cliff on a segway.

11 September 1973, of course.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives