NATION

PASSWORD

Meh. Read it or don't. I'm not involved anymore.

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Our New World Oceania
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Meh. Read it or don't. I'm not involved anymore.

Postby Our New World Oceania » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:34 pm

I'm not involved in this anymore, but feel free to use these ideas for any invasions of your own.

Anyone want to invade a region? Are you hopeless of becoming a delegate? Well, there's another path to take. Become an invader! If you're interested, or just want to see what all this is about, read on. Here is a brief backstory-

When my nation was young, (And I suppose it still is, sort of,) I read all the stickies, and FAQs, and everything I could to find information about Nationstates. When I heard about invading a region, I thought, "Hey! I'll do that!" I had no idea how weak I was alone.

I found a country I didn't like. Kindjal. But why Kindjal? They're respected, they have good power, they're known, they win loads of trophies for the census reports... And that was why. I didn't like them because they were, and still are, better than me. I wanted to invade and take over Groland.

After spending some time in Groland, and on Nationstates, I began to like and respect Kindjal, but I still wanted Groland. I soon realized it would be impossible. There was no reason for anyone to endorse me, and even if they did, the WA Delegate for Groland does not have administrative power. Now, I have no desire to take control of Groland.

But now, of course, you want to know what all this is really about.

Invading takes cooperation. Good cooperation. And here is my proposal, to those looking for a new career for your nation.
A region of invaders. Taking down those we dislike one at a time. Having some more fun with this aspect of Nationstates. Perhaps this has been done before, for there's nothing new under the sky. In fact, I know that here is. Have you heard of The Black Riders? They're a region dedicated to invading, but they have no organization, no cooperation, and they Delegate decides who to invade, with no one else having a say. However, this region is organized, and is meant specifically for those who either wish they could have power, or want something new to do on Nationstates.

Organization is a very important aspect of this. Nothing will work if a few people charge into a region expecting to be endorsed. There must be-

1. Someone who will be elected as WA Delegate.
2. People who will elect that person.
3. Someone who will find information on the region before any attacks (Such as passwords, number of endorsements the current delegate has, administration, and overall difficulty of invading the region).
4. Great minds to plan.
5. A good leader to lead and manage.

In addition to people, these things are also needed-

1. A plan.
2. A target.
3. A chance.

A big problem is that everyone wants the endorsements, and everyone wants the power. There's a way to even all of this out. If you want to join, everyone MUST cooperate. One person is chosen to lead the invasion on the target region. This person will be endorsed by everyone else. One person will stay behind in the home region.

When the invasion on the region is finished, everyone reports back to the home region, and the person who stayed behind becomes the new WA Delegate of the home region.

But what happens to the invaded region? Well, these are our choices of what to do-

A. Destroy the region
B. Vandalize the region
C. Take over the region

Each of these outcomes applies to a different reason. If you have some kind of unyielding hatred upon the region, then destroying it might be a good outcome. However, if you have always wanted control over that region, taking it over might be a better choice. Or perhaps you just have a bone to pick with a nation in the region, then vandalizing it and leaving might just be a better idea.

All plans are drawn out and decided upon on an offsite thread, whose link will be sent to you once you join. Here are the questions that we will ask and answer for planning-

1. What region are we invading?
2. Is it possible to invade this region? (Regions where the Delegate does not have power cannot be invaded)
3. What information do we need to gather?
4. What outcome will come of the region?
5. Who will lead the attack and be endorsed?
6. Who will stay behind?

Once these questions are answered, action must be taken! And so here is what we do-
* Note
A. Destroy the region
B. Vandalize the region
C. Take over the region

1. Move into the region
2. Endorse the person leading the attack
3a. Eject and ban everyone in the region.
4a. Change the password of the region to random numbers and letters.
5a. Put a puppet in the region.
6a. Attack leader leaves nation. Puppet becomes delegate. The puppet must be managed so that it is not deleted for inactivity.
3b. Change the region name and flag to something rediculous or stupid.
4b. Eject and ban some important and respected nations.
5b. Leave a mark on their message boards ("We wuz here!" "Invaders!").
6b. All leave their region.
3c. Eject and ban all threatening attack leader.
4c. Some leave region, some stay.
5c. Attempt to attract more to region.

I would assume that I have explained everything quite well. If you have any questions however, feel free to post them here. I hope to see you in the region. The name of it is-

home region of invading corps

Remember, there's no chance at an invasion without cooperation. I'll see you in the corps.
Last edited by Our New World Oceania on Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:41 pm

There's no chance of defense without cooperation either, so this motif isn't simply limited to whiny, power-hungry schemers.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Our New World Oceania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Our New World Oceania » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:42 pm

Of course! Will you be joining?
Last edited by Our New World Oceania on Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:45 pm

Our New World Oceania wrote:Of course! Will you be joining?

Unibot is a defender... HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT!!! :blink:
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:45 pm

I thought this was an ad for The Empire of Apathy

Membership in The Empire of Apathy is strictly limited to nations outside the WA. All raids, invasions and defenses the Empire may take part in MUST be conducted by non-WA nations, or you may not fly the TEAFlag, either figuratively or literally.

Officially at War with Warzone Airspace. Move your non-WA puppet there as soon as possible, and endorse nobody.

Trust me - their apathy is killing my region right now. It's worse than the typical WA invasions...I'm at total lost at how to respond.
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:48 pm

Warzone Codger wrote:I thought this was an ad for The Empire of Apathy

Membership in The Empire of Apathy is strictly limited to nations outside the WA. All raids, invasions and defenses the Empire may take part in MUST be conducted by non-WA nations, or you may not fly the TEAFlag, either figuratively or literally.

Officially at War with Warzone Airspace. Move your non-WA puppet there as soon as possible, and endorse nobody.

Trust me - their apathy is killing my region right now. It's worse than the typical WA invasions...I'm at total lost at how to respond.

:rofl:
HILARIOUS!!!

Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece

Our New World Oceania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Our New World Oceania » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:48 pm

Indeed, there are many regions dedicated to invading, and this is just another one of them.

However, now that your region is dissapearing, perhaps you could join us.

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Our New World Oceania wrote:Indeed, there are many regions dedicated to invading, and this is just another one of them.

I would love to join, but I would need to know about all raids in advance.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:54 pm

Our New World Oceania wrote:All plans are drawn out and decided upon on the regional message board.

Fyi, any defender worth their salt will just read your RMB, and thwart all your plans. You need somewhere private to plan.

Our New World Oceania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Our New World Oceania » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:57 pm

Sedgistan wrote:
Our New World Oceania wrote:All plans are drawn out and decided upon on the regional message board.

Fyi, any defender worth their salt will just read your RMB, and thwart all your plans. You need somewhere private to plan.

Thank you for this advice. Is there anyway that a private thread could be made, where others are not authorized to see it?

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:59 pm

You'd need an offsite forum for that. Most people use zetaboards, invisionfree, or proboards - they're all free providers of forums. Instant Messaging (IRC, MSN etc.) are also useful.

Our New World Oceania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Our New World Oceania » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:00 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Our New World Oceania wrote:Indeed, there are many regions dedicated to invading, and this is just another one of them.

I would love to join, but I would need to know about all raids in advance.

Everyone is informed of all the information before any invasion, including their own position, by telegram.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:00 pm

Our New World Oceania wrote:
Mahaj wrote:I would love to join, but I would need to know about all raids in advance.

Everyone is informed of all the information before any invasion, including their own position, by telegram.

I could also help create your forum, if needed.
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:01 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Our New World Oceania wrote:

I could also help create your forum, if needed.

Oh Mahaj

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:04 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Mahaj wrote:I could also help create your forum, if needed.

Oh Mahaj

I am srs.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:06 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:

Oh Mahaj

I am srs.

I'll make it.

Atleast I'm not fenda :P

Or we can both make it and it will be the best forum eva!

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:07 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Mahaj wrote:I am srs.

I'll make it.

Seems Tim wants to quote this.

Join The UDL! XD
Last edited by Mahaj on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:11 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:
I'll make it.

I'm afraid I do not understand. I am a true blood raider, I have always been.

:P
Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:12 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Mahaj wrote:I'm afraid I do not understand. I am a true blood raider, I have always been.

Maybe its a trick, y'know!

Our New World Oceania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Our New World Oceania » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:13 pm

I have made the forum. It will be telegrammed to you once you join the region.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:13 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:

Maybe its a trick, y'know!

No. It's not :roll:

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:14 pm

Our New World Oceania wrote:I have made the forum. It will be telegrammed to you once you join the region.

Or you can put it in the WFE. Just sayin

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:15 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Mahaj wrote:Maybe its a trick, y'know!

No. It's not :roll:

Hush you. :p

SunRawr
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:15 pm

OP, please check your telegrams before posting anything else.

Our New World Oceania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Our New World Oceania » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:17 pm

I'm afraid I may not be able to trust you Mahaj. You could join, but I'll be keeping an EXTREMELY close eye on you.
Last edited by Our New World Oceania on Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay