NATION

PASSWORD

The Non-Democratic Alliance (Still Open)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

The Non-Democratic Alliance (Still Open)

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Mon May 18, 2009 3:15 pm

Treznor 08-08-2003 07:46

We three nations, the Holy Empire of Iraqstan, the Dominion of the Dread Lady Nathicana D'Aquisto dal Lupo and the Empire of Treznor, join together in a new alliance. We stand as the founding members and ruling council of the Non-Democratic Alliance. We denounce the hostile aggression of warmongering dictatorships and the hypocrisy inherent in tyrannical democracies. We band together for mutual protection against other warmongers and those democratic states who would badmouth our choice of government.

We invite all like-minded nations to apply for membership in our alliance. We offer free trade among members, protection and the strength of integrity that unlike others, we will not pay mere lip service to the laws of our association. We will deal harshly with any member who acts aggressively or attempts to provoke war rather than pursue peaceful diplomatic solutions.

We declare the following Manifesto for the Non-Democratic Alliance:

- All members must be a Dictatorship, or other acceptable form of Non-Democratic government. Any member who changes toward a democratic system of governing is subject to immediate review for expulsion.

- All member nations must maintain non-aggressive international relations. No member may provoke or engage in war as an aggressor. Applicants for membership must demonstrate a history of nonaggression or a recent change in policy.

- Membership requires sponsorship by an existing member and approval by majority council vote. The council reserves the right to accept or deny any application for membership without explanation or justification.

- There are no stipulations as to the location of member nations on or offworld. It doesn't matter where you live so long as you conform to NDA policies.

- All members are required to seek diplomatic solutions to international conflicts through talks, mediation, negotiation, and embargoes before resorting to military solutions. War is to be considered the final alternative rather than the first. Any nation that goes to war is subject to review by the ruling council.

- All members are required to support one another through financial, humanitarian, or military means. Types and levels of support are dependant on ability and circumstance, and are negotiable.

- All members must agree to a policy of free and open trade among fellow members.

- Members are required to contribute funds, equipment and forces towards a centralized intelligence ministry and common defense force. These resources will be utilised by and answerable only to the ruling council and the alliance as a whole.

- All members may petition the council with regard to changes, actions or review. The council will then meet to discuss and vote on these petitions. All council members are considered equal regardless of population, age or relative strength, and are granted one vote per petition.

- Changes to the council require a unanimous vote by the existing council, excluding any member under review for punishment if appropriate.

- Changes to alliance policy require a 2/3rds majority vote by the council.

- Petitions enacted by the alliance require a simple majority vote by the council.

- All points, provisions and penalties outlined herein are subject to amendment should it be deemed necessary by the council.

- The application process requires sponsorship by a current member of good standing. The sponsor will present the applicant to the council for a review of history and policies.

We, the ruling council of the NDA, extend peaceful greetings to the world.

Emperor Devon I
Empire of Treznor

[edit] This was edited to include the Manifesto, originally drafted by Nathicana D'Aquisto.

[edit] Again edited to clarify the application process. Please note we'll be reviewing role-playing as well as actual events in an applicant's history.

Iraqstan 08-08-2003 07:55
I the Führer of Iraqstan do fully and wholly support this organisation and offer the full support and strength of the holy empire in it's attempt to maintain a sense of stability and order in a troubled world.

As do we extend a greetings to the international community.

http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/la3/lanay/carlos2.jpg
Führer Carlos Quil'Raya
Inherited ruler of Iraqstan
We have Muhammed Saeed Al-Sahaf for an information minister yay!

Thelas 08-08-2003 08:32

(Ya! I do not have to ask the affiliation opf this alliance to the Dominion YA!)

Dread Lady Nathicana 08-08-2003 09:48
Having seen the need for such an alliance, and seeing no established one that fit our particular needs, we of the Dominion (not to be confused with the organisation who insists on confusing others with their name changes), publicly state our support for, and founders status in the Non-Democratic Alliance.

We do not see this as conflicting with other other previous arrangements in the least, but rather accenting and expanding on a theme. We have long been a voice for both peace, and the sovereign right of a nation to govern itself without suffering the repression outside forces. We hope that through this newfound alliance we will be able to continue along those lines, in a more effective manner.

Along with our fellow founders, we stand firm in the defense of our chosen style of rule, the guidelines laid out in this declaration, and our belief that this will be a mutually beneficial arrangement for those involved. We look forward to working closely with our honorable allies, the Holy Empire of Iraqstan, and the Empire of Treznor. We extend the hand of friendship to those who wish to join is similar pursuits, with the understanding, as previously stated, that we will not tolerate frivolity towards nor disregard to the tenants laid forth.

We echo the greetings of our esteemed peers to the international arena.

--Nathicana D'Aquisto dal Lupo, Dread Lady of the Dominion

Current list of Member Nations:

The Holy Empire of Iraqstan
The Empire of Treznor
The Dominion of the Dread Lady Nathicana
The Imperial Hordes of Burninatonia (Current status: Protectorate)
The Free Republic of Kelanthia
The Dominion of Tsaraine
The Empire of Gehenna Tartarus
The Confederated Union of United Indiastan (Current status: Dissolved)
The Teutonic Empire of Lavenrunz (Current status: Un-Extant)
The Invincible People's Federation of Marshall Island (GMC Military Arms)
The Federated Technocratic Oligarchy of The Most Glorious Hack
The Benevolent Dictatorship of Iuthia (Current status: Un-Extant)
The Serene^Union of Kaenei
The Technocratic Kingdom of Britmattia
The Coordinated panNorm Hives of S-14
The Conglomeration of Northrop-Grumman

Burninatonia 08-08-2003 10:46
This is a nice, quaint little alliance you three have started up here. Very... cute. By the looks of things, though, what you all really need are some big guns, someone to safeguard your asses so some imperialist jackass doesn't stomp all over you and cast you aside like a snotty tissue.

In short... you need my help, and I'm willing to give it. The prospect of free trade and mutual defense is just too enticing, and while I normally charge a pretty hefty fee for my military services... I suppose I can make exceptions to help you more feeble dictatorships out.

Consider this my application. I hope you'll take me into consideration, 'cuz once you do that, there ain't any way you can possibly think of turning me down.

http://invisionfree.invalid.com:54/85/115/upload/p1076.jpg
Lucius Lancaster
Lord and Commander of the Burninatonian Hordes

Treznor 08-08-2003 17:25

The application process involves sponsorship by a current member of good standing while the council reviews applicant history and role-playing. Please be patient while we engage in essential research.

Tisonica 08-08-2003 17:33

Moreover however the name makes it sound like GDODAD, would you mind explaining what the name itself is supposed to mean?

Caterpillars 08-08-2003 17:35
Due to the recent change to a Democratic nation, I cannot join this alliance. However, I'm still interested in separate agreements with the Dominion and Emperor Treznor. I understand their concerns and feel that the main principals of non-agression and opening a dialogue are well-founded and should be pursued by all nations.

President Raui
Republic of Caterpillars
Protectors of the Castle in the Clouds

Treznor 08-08-2003 17:45

To Raui of the Caterpillars:

We appreciate your position, and wish to assure you that this alliance in no way reflects our attitudes toward you. NDA members have full autonomy to pursue international relations where they will, so long as they maintain peaceful goals. Thus, our trade and friendship agreements are not at risk. We look forward to continued peace and prosperity between our nations.

Emperor Devon I
Empire of Treznor
Council Member of the NDA

Caterpillars 08-08-2003 18:01

My Observers seem to be a little behind on the goings on since an alliance between yourself and Nathicana is most unusual at this juncture given your past relationship. However, I'm used to being out-of-the-loop, if you will, and am happy that this has transpired.
Your next shipment of explosives should be arriving tomorrow. I await your decision on the storage units.

Sincerely,
President Raui
::End Message::

::Private Message::
TO: Nathicana

Dear Nathicana,
I'm slightly surprised at your recent alliance with Treznor. Although I cannot doubt the standards set and understanding that Devon is much more clever than even I anticipated at first. Perhaps someday I will learn what caused the stars to align just right and create this alliance. It seems the past always has a way of catching up to you, doesn't it? My schedule has been freed up for the next week or so and I would love to take you up on the trade meeting for your fish.

Sincerely,
President Raui
::End Message::

Dread Lady Nathicana 08-08-2003 18:53
I find this kind of confusing seeing as how the democratic party itself is fairly conservative.

Moreover however the name makes it sound like GDODAD, would you mind explaining what the name itself is supposed to mean?

We are nothing like that warmongering body you refer to, and I for one, take no small measure of offense at your insinuations. While our basic tenants were laid forth in the initial missive, be advised that a more comprehensive manifesto is in the works, and shall be published soon for your perusal, and hopefully, education.

ooc: as for the ooc or off topic comments, we choose not to address them in this thread. please cease the spamming. if you are in need of ooc information or idle banter, please make use of the tg system.

Dread Lady Nathicana 08-08-2003 19:36

Your surprise is noted, however, let me reassure you that whatever past differences Devon and I may have had have been resolved. We have been pursuing more amicable diplomatic ties for some time now, as in truth, our core beliefs, methods of operation, and indeed, our economic strengths balance each other well. It was pointless to carry on with a misunderstanding of years past - no more, no less.

As for the trade, of course! Always happy to explore new avenues. I shall be in touch with your offices soon, and hope that our schedules will allow a visit as we'd discussed.

Sincerely,

--Nathicana D'Aquisto dal Lupo

Dread Lady Nathicana 09-08-2003 16:57

Well my dear, I think this is shaping up rather well so far. Truly, a few short months ago I'd have never pictured such an arrangement.

I've been working on a few documents as we'd previously discussed, and I was hoping that you and I might be able to sit down and go over the finer points together when you have time. Do let me know what location works best for you, and I'll make the proper arrangements.

--Nath
<<end message>>

Treznor 09-08-2003 17:26

That sounds excellent! If you like, you're invited to visit my palace here in Devonton. Then I can give you a more pleasant tour of the city, rather than the hasty affair that preceded your last visit. Certainly we can't leave Carlos out of this, so I'll make arrangements to have him visit as well. Leave the arrangements to me.

Devon

Kelanthia 09-08-2003 17:45

Before submitting an application, Kelanthia would like to know whether a region change is necessary for membership. We are enticed by the benefits available to NDA members and feel that with our extensive arms manufacturing industry, we have much in the way of trade to offer other members. However, we are very happy in our current region and will cancel our application if moving is indeed necessary.

-- The Honorable William Sedworth, Minister of State, Kelanthia

<<Official Kelanthian Ministry of State Communique>>

Jangle Jangle Ridge 09-08-2003 17:51

Dread Lady Nathicana 09-08-2003 18:31

We are currently working on a manifesto that will lay out all the pertinent details and hopefully clear up some of these questions.

No, we do not require any such region change, as we are all quite happy where we are, and assume that unless otherwise requested, so are our potential allies.

I am honored by your request, and will take it upon myself personally to sponsor your nation for potential membership. If I might draw upon your patience for a time, as the needed background checks are taken care of, I will present your application to my associates. I hope that we will be able to have you an answer in a timely manner.

Founding member of the NDA

Dread Lady Nathicana 09-08-2003 18:46

I think I'd rather enjoy that, Dev. And if it's all the same, I think I'll take my own shuttle there, if you don't mind? That last ride over was such a blur, after all.

And of course, Carlos. It would seem our concerns with him that night didn't have any lasting damage on our relationships. I hope we can keep it that way. Do let me know when you've finalized. I'll keep my schedule open.

--Nath

<<end message>>

Kelanthia 09-08-2003 18:48

FROM: WILLIAM SEDWORTH, MINISTER OF STATE and STEPHEN KAUFMANN, MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS

Good Lady, we are thrilled to be sponsored by such a prolific personage as your goodself. I trust that you will find the background checks in good order, and hope to hear confirmation of NDA membership in short order.

I will pass on the good news to President Gordon Grath straightaway, and look forward further correspondence whenever it may be possible. When drawing on our patience, consider yourself on an unlimited account.

-- The Honorable William Sedworth, Minister of State, Kelanthia
-- The Honorable Stephen Kaufmann, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kelanthia

<<Official Joint Kelanthian Ministry of State and Ministry of Foreign Affairs Communique>>

Dread Lady Nathicana 10-08-2003 06:09

We are pleased to accept your application into the NDA. May I be the first to welcome you aboard. The council believes that you will be an excellent addition to the alliance and looks forward to working with you on making this a profitable, and mutually beneficial venture.

The official manifesto is still in the works. Have no worries - it merely clarifies that which as already been stated in a clear, concise manner. I thank you for the 'unlimited account' and hope that in the future, I shan't have need of drawing on it too often.

Sincerely,

--Nathicana

imported_Angelus 10-08-2003 12:14
{We are considering a proposal to join the NDA.}
{We wonder if We would be accepted?}
:
~&gt;Route closed
###END TRANSMISSION###

---
http://www.silentrequiem.net/littleblu.jpg
Automata Omicron Blu
Speaker of the Dominion

http://www.silentrequiem.net/triumvi...rium_insig.gif
Membership: Triumvirate of Yut, Ur Trade Pact, Zion Pact, SEACTO, DeusExHumanaConsortium

Dread Lady Nathicana 10-08-2003 13:31
{Blu my dear - I had no idea we'd attracted your attention!}
{I must say this is a most pleasant suprise. Please, allow me time to }
{discuss it with my fellow council members.}
{I'm certain that some sort of arrangement can be made, regardless of}
{current activites - ie: war with Melkor. I'm certain that may cause a stir.}
{We are after all, expected to espouse peace, as per our guidelines,}
{and upcoming manifesto. I would be most honored to sponsor you to}
{the others. I can't help but think that a second alliance between us could}
{only be for the good.}
:
~&gt;Route closed
###END TRANSMISSION###

Iraqstan 13-08-2003 00:12

http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/la3/lanay/muhammed.jpg
Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf
Iraqstani Information Minister

Dread Lady Nathicana 15-08-2003 10:57

Well Dev, it would seem that the Angelan point is moot. I realize we'd decided that they, as well as Menelmacar didn't fit the bill, but as you may well know, depending on your info, they've withdrawn not just from politics, but physically as well. It would seem I'm spared from having to address the issue, and honestly ... I'm rather glad I wasn't forced to sit down and tell them no.

We've some treaties to hash out once you're back and settled, not to mention the whole Carlos issue. Not pretty that, but I believe I have things well in hand for the moment. Look forward to seeing you back. I hope the procedures have gone well - and that your imagination didn't carry you off too far in your quest to 'catch up'.

And yes, boy ... you're not the only one with good intel resources.

--Nath

<<end message>>

She sat back with a smug grin, after sending off the note.

Lets see what he makes of that when he gets it. Ah Dev, I've gotten soft. I should have at least had her put some sort of tracking device in.

Chuckling to herself, she went back to the other matters of the day, typing away on her laptop as she sat in the quiet hospital room, watching Carlos sleep.

Endless Crimes 18-08-2003 11:00
- All members must be a Dictatorship, or other acceptable form of Non-Democratic government. Any member who changes toward a democratic system of governing is subject to immediate review for expulsion.
- All member nations must maintain non-aggressive international relations. No member may provoke or engage in war as an aggressor. Applicants for membership must demonstrate a history of nonaggression or a recent change in policy.
- Membership requires sponsorship by an existing member and approval by majority council vote. The council reserves the right to accept or deny any application for membership without explanation or justification.
- There are no stipulations as to the location of member nations on or offworld. It doesn't matter where you live so long as you conform to NDA policies.
- All members are required to seek diplomatic solutions to international conflicts through talks, mediation, negotiation, and embargoes before resorting to military solutions. War is to be considered the final alternative rather than the first. Any nation that goes to war is subject to review by the ruling council.
- All members are required to support one another through financial, humanitarian, or military means. Types and levels of support are dependant on ability and circumstance, and are negotiable.
- All members must agree to a policy of free and open trade among fellow members.
- Members are required to contribute funds, equipment and forces towards a centralized intelligence ministry and common defense force. These resources will be utilised by and answerable only to the ruling council and the alliance as a whole.
- All members may petition the council with regard to changes, actions or review. The council will then meet to discuss and vote on these petitions. All council members are considered equal regardless of population, age or relative strength, and are granted one vote per petition.
- Changes to the council require a unanimous vote by the existing council, excluding any member under review for punishment if appropriate.
- Changes to alliance policy require a 2/3rds majority vote by the council.
- Petitions enacted by the alliance require a simple majority vote by the council.
- All points, provisions and penalties outlined herein are subject to amendment should it be deemed necessary by the council.

So, as a final conclusion, i, Frank Hülstendorfer, general president of Endless Crimes, request to join this honourable alliance.
Last edited by Dread Lady Nathicana on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Re: Non-Democratic Alliance (From Jolt)

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Mon May 18, 2009 3:23 pm

Treznor 20-08-2003 11:23

The Empire of Treznor
The Imperial Hordes of Burninatonia
The Empire of Endless Crimes

OOC: Before anyone spams the thread about letting in a Republic, read the description for Kelanthia first. All complaints will be ignored and asked to be deleted.

Tsaraine 21-08-2003 21:44

Having once again emerged into the light of world political affairs, Tsaraine wishes to apply for membership in the Non-Democratic Alliance.

As a nation which has scorned Democracy as demagoguery and mob rule since Kail I wrote the Principles of Sound Governance at the founding of the Commonwealth four hundred years ago, we are certainly not among those anarchic fools who delude themselves that they can survive their own governance.

The Commonwealth may have recently become the Dominion (the pure Dominion of Tsalin I, and not - never! - the corrupt, ineffectual thing which necessitated the rise of the Commonwealth), but Kail I's Principles of Sound Governance still guide us. In accordance with the Principles, we are not an agressive state, and have only ever struck in retaliation (one of the many Whittier conflicts of past years, and the Canales invasion, also of past years) and in defence of Earth itself (Tsaraine was instrumental in defeating an alien invasion, again, before the Obsidian Event which rendered the nation's surface uninhabitable).

We hope that Dread Lady Nathicana, with whom we have had agreeable dialogues with in the past, will support us in this application.

The Principles of Kail I, and the Art of War of Sun Tzu, both decry warfare as the worst of solutions, and you may be assured that Tsaraine would never countenance a war without first attempting a diplomatic solution (and I trust that if I should declare war without first attempting negotiation, my own guards would move to stop me doing so, terminally if necessary).

Though we would be new to such a close alliance, we would be willing to offer assistance and trade to allies who do likewise, though Tsaraine has been for generations a closed society, unsuited for outside trade. Defence of the alliance by Dominion military troops would be suitable, and indeed advisable, as Divisions Six and Seven (Ground and Air Commands respectively) require experience in live combat which training cannot provide.

Your policies and administration seem admirable, and I would be happy to bring Tsaraine into the Non-Democratic Alliance.

http://shade.jonpearse.net/Rene.jpg
~ Domina Rene Seingult
Division Five Commandant

22-08-2003 16:37
Message to: Non-Democratic Alliance
Message fr: Domina Rene Seingult

Having once again emerged into the light of world political affairs, Tsaraine wishes to apply for membership in the Non-Democratic Alliance.

&lt;clippped&gt;

Your policies and administration seem admirable, and I would be happy to bring Tsaraine into the Non-Democratic Alliance.

~ Domina Rene Seingult
Division Five Commandant

Saluti! It is my honor and priviledge to welcome you and the nation of Tsaraine into the NDA. Having worked on a thorough background check, I must say, I was impressed with what I saw. I'm pleased that the potential I saw in you through our first contacts seems well placed.

Let me assure you, in accordance with our manifesto, any viable means of support to the alliance is encouraged. The fact that you wish to contribute with an emphasis on military force sounds to be an excellent choice for all involved. I am certain that once we're able to work out the logistics of it all, we can come to an equitable agreement as to details.

I look forward to working with you via the alliance, and as we have spoken, on a more individual basis as well.

Tsaraine 22-08-2003 16:49

I am honoured to be accepted as part of this Alliance; surely there are grand things ahead for us all. I would be further honoured to speak with you, as you have suggested.

~ Domina Rene Seingult, Division Five Commandant

imported_Angelus 26-08-2003 11:10
{After much careful consideration, We have come to the decision to request}
{formal entry into the NDA}
{It has, however, come to Our attention that certain members of the voting}
{Council have "reservations" concerning Our entry. We wish to give those}
{who question an opportunity to speak openly with Us before making a final}
{decision.}
:
~&gt;Route closed
###END TRANSMISSION###

---
http://www.silentrequiem.net/angelus...littleblu2.jpg
Automata Omicron Blu
Speaker of the Dominion

---
http://www.silentrequiem.net/littlexan.jpg
Automata X1
First-of-Thirteen

http://www.silentrequiem.net/triumvi...rium_insig.gif
Membership: Triumvirate of Yut, Ur Trade Pact, Deus Ex Humana Consortium

Kekkosmaa 29-08-2003 11:02

Greetings, Non-Democratic Alliance..

Ah, finally an alliance of dictators who do not think that the only way to be a real dictatorship is to be evil and annex democratic nations!

Kekkosmaa has lately been a bit too unstable to do basically anything, but now that the Whaling War seems to be calming down and Russian Forces is pulling it's troops back from our borders, we are ready to come back.

We are interested in joining this alliance, since, like I said, alliances of peaceful dictators are far too few. Dictators are powerful, but they are mostly warmongering. I was once a member of GOD, but I believe GOD and the Dominion have now merged.

I agree the rules, and you can bet that I have never been the aggressor in a war or anything like that. I will be waiting for your reply.

[OOC: Btw, what is considered to be too democratic? :P Since I am slowly turning my nation to a benevolent dictatorship, I think citizens should be heard, though Mr. President does all the decisions all by himself :P They aren't heard yet, of course. Not so benevolent yet :P]

Dread Lady Nathicana 29-08-2003 23:35
The Dominion of the Dread Lady Nathicana notes with interest the nations presently applying for membership. While the NDA is gratified in the interest we have generated thus far, we would like to point out that we're being very picky about who we sponsor, let alone accept for membership. We would therefore like to clarify a few points.

If you wish to join the NDA, we suggest that, as with other alliances requiring sponsorship, you cozy up to one of the current members. Only a member can sponsor an applicant; merely stating your intention to join is not truly sufficient.

Before asking a member to sponsor you, you should re-read the Manifesto and check to see how many points you meet or can follow. For example: those nations currently involved in conflicts should check how they came to be involved. Those nations who do not exhaust every avenue of diplomacy before the firing begins should consider themselves disqualified. Rest assured, the Council will research this.

Those nations engaged in provocative behaviour, making claims that might perhaps incite others to attack them, need not apply. (ooc: We may make exceptions for exemplary role-playing, but don't count on it.)

We hope that these tips help make the application process smoother and easier to understand.

Kekkosmaa 30-08-2003 04:26
Kekkosmaa surely meets all those points.. We have been involved in three conflicts, one with White Ireland, who killed 5 million Kekkish colonists [it was godmode, but ah well]. We asked for compensations, they sent planes to bomb us. Not much of a chance really. After all we did not even attack, they paid us.

The second one was "the Whaling War", where Belem attacked Kvenland for shooting whalers.. Again we tried diplomacy, but Belem simply sent forces to attack Kvenland. Since Kvenland is an ally, and killing few whalers not enough of a reason to attack, we decided to defend Kvenland. But again, we didn't actuially do anything, since Wazzu handled the attack.

The third one.. Well, Russian Forces said that we harbor terrorists and have given our land to nations invading Russia, and decided to attack. But he eventually pulled his forces back. 8And returned them, but that was so bad RP that it was ignored. As a matter of fact, I think the whole RF will be ignored soon :P]

But well, I ask somebody to sponsor Kekkosmaa later. It may be a bit tricky, since Kekkosmaa is not widely known, but I'll try.

- President Kekkonen.

Treznor 30-08-2003 06:18

Mr. Kekkonen,

I can appreciate your position. My Empire was recently drawn into an offshoot of the Melkor conflict through allies. Fortunately, a diplomatic solution succeeded before any firing started.

However, in reviewing your history we found a great deal to be desired in terms of your diplomacy. We're going to need to see more positive efforts before someone sponsors you. I would recommend you spend some time working at your diplomatic skills and approaching a member directly for sponsorship. You might consider attempting national relations before seeking to apply. Perhaps getting to know you on a more personal level would increase your chances for success. At present, the Council feels it would gain nothing by your inclusion to the membership.

This is not a social club. We are not gathering to take tea and club some democracies over the head; nor are we eager to commit our joint forces to defend new members. We are being very choosy about who we include because we are keeping aware of the consequences our members may have for our alliance. We have rejected the applications of older, more powerful nations than yourself because of the negative impact we felt they would bring. We will welcome diplomatic relations to any and all peaceful nations, but we will continue to be discriminating in our membership.

I do apologise if you feel slighted by this rejection. It is not meant to be a personal slight, but an explanation of our policy. I am not obligated to provide it, but I thought it might help. I believe you have the potential to be an asset to our alliance, but I must have more to bring to the Council. Remember that diplomacy is very much about keeping a civil tongue in your head.

Devon

Dread Lady Nathicana 02-09-2003 16:00
Beg pardon at the lack of response on our part. My esteemed collegues are rather busy with other matters that demand their attention within their respective nations (see mundane responsibilities taking them off NS for the week), and as such, I've been unable to consult with them on certain subjects.

I do not believe that monarchies have been considered to be appropriate for the NDA, but for the record, I wish to confer with my associates before making that 'law'.

As always, we appreciate the interest, and will get back with you when a proper answer has been decided on.

Dread Lady Nathicana 08-09-2003 15:08

Any non-democratic nation of merit with a good record and who fits the manifesto will be seriously considered, should they wish to apply.

As I see Wendlyn is soon to be speaking with one of my fellow Councilmembers, I'll defer to his handling of that particular situation.

--Nathicana

Treznor 10-09-2003 21:22

As many of you may already be aware, Treznor scientists have recently discovered that Holy Grail of science, cold fusion. The details are deceptively simple but provide a wealth of self-sustained power that can be applied to an infinite variety of needs. This is a critical find, and it is important that we utilise it wisely.

I have decided that the effort needed to keep this new discovery under wraps is prohibitive, and the potential gains to release it are extraordinary. Naturally, as allies I wanted to make sure that you each had the opportunity to take advantage of our research first.

I will, shortly, be offering the specs to this technology to the rest of the world. First, I will be sharing it with each of you. However, to avoid a negative public image, it will need to come in the form of a trade of some sort. It need not be a critically sensitive one; we can negotiate what form this trade will take individually. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss what you will offer me in exchange for this technology, if you desire it.

Devon Treznor
Emperor

Treznor 10-09-2003 21:56

We note with concern your past association with GDODAD, an organisation infamous for its aggressive behaviour. However, we also see that you have recently broken ties with them. Depending on the nature of this rumoured new alliance you are forming your inclusion to our ranks may be possible, provided you agree to the provisions of our Manifesto. We will discuss this in Council and inform you of our decision.

Devon Treznor
Emperor

Tsaraine 10-09-2003 23:05

Having considered the consequences of such a trade, the Dominion has decided to accept the Empire of Treznor's offer of a trade. In return for this fusion technology, we offer Tsarainese technicians to tutor the Empire's own technicians in the construction, operation and repair of Tsarainese nanoforges for the production of spun diamond and other molecular-scale materials.
We offer this technology also to our friends in the Dominion of Dread Lady Nathicana, that they may assist us in the construction of the international pipeline.

~Domina Rene Seingult
Division Five Commandant

(OOC: Before anyone jumps up and down screaming "nanowank!", be informed that Tsarainese nanoforges do not use self-replicating von neumann nanobots. It's molecular assembly; I forget the precise details of the technology, but it uses lasers.

Treznor 30-09-2003 01:47
The Empire of Treznor is pleased to sponsor the membership of Reploid States (not to be confused with Reploid Productions). RS is not one of the more active members in the forums, but is highly regarded in Wysteria where we both reside. We anticipate a profitable future for our alliance with Reploid States as a member.

Devon Treznor
Emperor

Treznor 30-09-2003 01:51
Due to the military actions taken by my Empire, I now submit myself to the Ruling Council for review. Even as a founding member, I am not above the law. I invite all members of the Alliance to conduct their own investigations and post their results to the Council. I will then accept any judgment the Council sees fit to produce.

Devon Treznor
Emperor

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Mon May 18, 2009 3:28 pm

The SLAGLands 30-09-2003 14:33
After reviewing the actions of Emperor Treznor, I have found no cause to expel him from the NDA or even reprimand him. The military activities seemed necessary and just; thus, I see no reason to find the good emperor at fault.

Lucius Lancaster

(OOC: I'm back!)

Dread Lady Nathicana 30-09-2003 14:57
Terrorism is not to be rewarded, nor dealt with in any way other than the manner in which my esteemed ally has dealt with Iaceo. The Dominion puts its full support behind these actions and finds no fault whatsoever with them, or the judgement of the Emperor.

Let those who would strike at one of our own know what fate lays in store for them in the end. A good riddance, I say.

"If you wrong us, do we not revenge?"

Justice has been served.

Iraqstan 02-10-2003 05:07
After intensive research, investigations and discussion both myself and the military advisors I bought in to discuss the tactical steps taken I am inclined to agree with my esteemed counter-parts in agreement that The Empire of Treznor has done naught to breach the agreements and charter of the NDA.

http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/la3/lanay/boogey.jpg
Führer Carlos Quil'Raya

Dread Lady Nathicana 03-10-2003 14:21

It is due to your recent association with the Empire of Treznor that we cannot allow you membership.

Your government has shown a clear lack of decisive action in its dealings with internal problems, and in doing so, has allowed them to spill over into nations you seek to ally with. The stability and security of your leadership is in question, as is your ability to keep your own house clean. We have no wish to be dragged into your private troubles, nor become any more embroiled than we already have in your affairs.

The Iaceo incident was unforgivable, and I for one hold you in no small part responsible for the recent turmoil, and indeed, the attack on Emperor Treznor. You failed to maintain order within your own nation. You stood by while others took care of business for you. You showed no decisiveness on your part in your recent dealings with the terrorists. In short, I feel an ally of mine was manipulated and used most shamefully to to clean up a mess you were ill-equipped to yourself.

Though peaceful we may be, have no doubt, as Treznor has shown, that we are both capable and willing to do what is needed should we be provoked. That being said, we refuse to allow into our midst those who would inevitably draw us into uneccessary conflict and private discord.

After such consideration, and a vote by the ruling council, your application is hereby denied. Though I cannot speak for the others, I would advise you to be most prudent in your dealings with my nation at least, in the future. I know that we will be watching carefully to see what develops in the coming days.

The Vortex Corporation 03-10-2003 14:31
First of all, let us start by congratulating on the charter that we have just read. We find it to be very comprehensive and clear, without going into too much details. Very nice indeed. Now, we would like to ask if our form of Rule is considered democratic, or not. See, as a Corporation, we do not have elections. Leaders (CEO's, councilmembers etc.) are simply promoted by senior members of the organization. So, in the sence that our old leaders appoint the new ones, we would not be a democracy.

But, there are two points that trouble this point of view somewhat:

1. A company needs to keep customers and employees happy. We live in an age where the customer is king, and where any client can switch to an alternative supplier in days. Therefore, we always try to chose the ones that would have been chosen in an election (would we have any), to lead us.

2. Not a single person is put into a leading position without extensive debate among senior managers. But, if you have ever heared of Likert's linking pin model, you will know that each senior manager is interrelated with another team or group lower in the hierarchy by shared members. That team is then related to two more teams, and so on. So basicly, if every manager listens both to his peers and the people in his "lower" team, the eventual choice of manager will still represent what everybody would want.

Also, we have frequent surveys and interviews on a large scale to discover the feelings of employees, next to using quality control circles, balanced score cards, integrated self sustaining teams and other empowering processes.

So we wonder if we would be considered democratic or not by your organization.

The Vortex Corporation High Council
Imperial Alliance
Corporate Coalition
Templar Alliance
SATO
WTE
SFN

”We bring new worlds to Life”

Tappee 04-10-2003 11:43

The Government of Tappee finds the decision that has been mad most regredable. However, given the current circumstance we can also understand why this decision has been made. Tappee would like all member of the Non Democratic Alliance to know that our government is doing all in it power to deal with the Iaceo threat, and will continue to work with the NDA on this mater to insure all our intrest have been addressed. Tappee would like to formally thank the NDA for taking the time to consider our Application.

President Allenson

Iraqstan 13-10-2003 00:32

As per normal I will accept any ruling found and encourage other members to conduct their own reviews and investigations. Thank you.

http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/la3/lanay/boogey.jpg
Führer Carlos Quil'Raya

Treznor 13-10-2003 04:14
In accordance to Non-Democratic Alliance charters and system of workings, I do now announce my submission to review by the ruling council regards to the this conflict and This Conflict.
We find the entire event provocative on all sides, but we note the Holy Empire of Iraqstan attempted diplomatic solutions before engaging their military. We will submit a detailed brief to the Ruling Council, but the summary is that the Empire of Treznor finds no cause for censure at this time.

Devon Treznor
Emperor

Treznor 13-10-2003 17:56
Please go to the primary NDA forum to discuss member contributions to the Alliance. We've been lax in tracking this data, and with the rise of terrorist actions and other hostile aggressions, we need to make sure we know what we have when we assign forces to our defence.

If you don't know the address of the NDA forum, feel free to telegram myself, Iraqstan or the Dread Lady Nathicana.

Treznor 28-10-2003 03:52

Treznor settles in behind his desk with a sigh, pleased to be home. The surroundings feel familiar, comfortable. Only a brief, nagging doubt plagues him and he quirks an eyebrow at the ceiling, concentrating briefly. Apparently satisfied by the result or lack thereof, he turns to his datascreen and calls up the huge backlog waiting for him.

He immediately notes a file red flagged for his attention, a top alert. He decrypts it and reads quickly.

His jaw drops. Son of a...

He types at breakneck speed, issuing orders and making arrangements. In this, at least, there's no gray area.
Quote:

It comes to my attention the strife currently troubling our ally and friend in Iraqstan. Although our esteemed colleague has not chosen to invoke treaty stipulations guaranteeing aide, I am doing so now. On my authority I am tasking the combined forces of the NDA military to Iraqstan to deliver any and all assistance to the government of that nation. Their mission is to restore peace to that troubled land and its vassals, and will follow whatever directive is given them by that government.

In addition, the Empire of Treznor will mobilise its military and prepare substantial aide packages to assist with preserving the peaceful rule of the Holy Empire of Iraqstan. Per NDA treaty stipulations, we call on all member nations to make their own preparations as negotiated with the Alliance.

We will not turn our back on our Ally in their time of need, as we will not spurn any Ally.

Devon Treznor
Emperor

Dread Lady Nathicana 28-10-2003 16:02

"Else - I want Marik, Torino, and Ministers Pellegrino, Calfa, del Vecchio, and Ravanelli in here pronto. Relay a message to Talethian apprising him of this situation," she snaps, waving the printouts as her secretary peeks in the door, already speaking rapidly into her headset, making the calls.

Still muttering curses, she continued to pace her official office til the group arrived, some looking surprised, others ... Well, at least they're doing their jobs. I'd be disappointed otherwise.

"We've trouble in Iraqstan. Yes, again," she says as Calfa opens his mouth to say something, shutting it with a click as she turns on him, blue eyes flashing. "It is not a question of whether we move, it is a question of how. Now, our forces within the NDA are of course at the disposal of the alliance, and will be, for the sake of simplicity, under the direction of Carlos for the length of their mission."

"What I want is backup, and troops ready to go in to supplement at a moment's notice. What will it take to get a good sized fleet with transports, troops, equipment and all underway, including air support?"

Torino cleared his throat and began his report, detailing reasonable numbers, time frames, and the like.

Each minister or person present who had something to add, according to their area of interest, did so. Calfa with the monetary cost of the operation, and the current state of funds avaiable, Ravenelli with the PR spin that would be needed, del Vecchio and Pellegrino with their own reports of what they did and didn't know on the current situation, each obviously competing for the leading edge. (Numbers, etc to be forthcoming after I do a bit of research. I do not wish this to be unreasonable.)

Nathicana listens in silence, her expression still stormy. "One and a half weeks, tops, is it? Then make it so. We can obviously afford the cost, and this will be a good exercise for our troops. I forsee more conflicts in the future, my friends, make no mistake. We are about to venture into areas and tech levels that make certain factions out there nervous to say the least. I say we use this situation to the best advantage we can. We've enjoyed a relative peace for a good long while now. Lets hope it hasn't softened us too much."

Looking at each of them in turn, she spoke softly, firmly. "A show of unity is required here, my friends. I'm well aware, as are we all, of activities here in the Dominion - they haven't been so long ago as to fade from memory. Let me remind you, one and all, that the unity needs to exist on more than just an alliance level. I will not have such goings on in Iraqstan echoed here."

She smiled in a disarmingly pleasant manner. "Know you are where you are by my grace alone. Know also that I have taken a page from a dear friend of mine, and from old lessons I'd somehow forgotten. Should anything ... untowards happen to me here, not a one of you, nor the other ministers and heads of office, will survive it. I want it clear that your continued well being is intimately tied to my own. I have absolutely no problem throwing this entire nation to the dogs should I be deposed - when dead, what use have I for it? All my work will have been in vain, as has been illustrated with my predecessors. And unlike them, I've gathered a rather intimidating group of supporters and allies who seem to prefer me in power as well."

"Though I trust you all implicity," she says with a wry grin, "I thought it best we all go into this on the same page. I used a similar opportunity myself to take power, while attention was directed elsewhere. I will not have this happen here. Now," she continued, smiling confidently. "Are there any questions?"

The looks she received were varied. Ravanelli looked shocked. Calfa, had a calculating expression, though his eyes burned angrily. Both Pellegrino and del Vecchio smiled back, though the corner of Marissa's eye twitched slightly, and Antonio's jaw was tight. Torino nodded, ever the soldati. And Marik? As unreadable as ever, though she thought she caught a glimmer of ... something in his eyes. Hurt? Betrayal? Gods, I may need to do damage control there.

"I believe we're all quite clear," said Evangelista Ravenelli in a cold, clear voice, surprising Nathicana. "If you will excuse us, we have our jobs to carry out."

"Excellent. I'll leave you to it," Nathicana replies, eyes fixed on Ravanelli's, unblinking. She watches the small group filter out of her office, tapping one finger against her lips thoughtfully.

I hope I didn't misjudge the timing on this ... there's simply too much at stake. Too many things still in the works.
Quote:

Approximate time of arrival is 1.5 weeks. More details to come as the numbers are solidified, but we will be sending a portion of our naval fleet, carrying a decent number of troops, transports, equipment, supplies, and air support.

I fully support the idea of offering negotiators, and am certain that we have those within our ranks who would serve well in that capacity.

The Dominion puts its full support behind the rightful government of the Quil'Raya regime.

--Nathicana D'Aquisto dal Lupo

Dread Lady Nathicana 23-11-2003 12:54
A subtle reminder - those who haven't notified the council as to contributions as stated in the charter, please do so. Telegram one of us if you need directions to the board, or with said contributions if you prefer.

Thank you!

--Nathicana

Automagfreek 24-11-2003 01:51

Automagfreek is a high ranking nation within the Global Dominion Of Dictators Against Democracy, or GDODAD as it is better known. Now, we (AMF) cannot promise anything, but I can assure you that other GDODAD nations share my setiments when I say that GDODAD may be interested in establishing ties with the NDA. We (AMF) believe that alot of our goals are similar in nature, and although many would have you believe that GDODAD is an alliance made up of warmongering buffoons, I can assure you it is quite the opposite.

Feel free to reply at your earliest convenience.

http://invisionfree.invalid.com/forums/WMNK_...e=post&id=3438
Rayne Xolantra
Potentate Striker of Automagfreek
G.D.O.D.A.D

Burninatonia 24-11-2003 02:03

The prospect of a future relationship between GDODAD and--if no one else--the Imperial Hordes of Burninatonia intrigues me. Tell me, Striker Xolantra... what have you to offer us?

Lucius Lancaster

[edit]Forgot you ignored space nations... disregard this post as you wish.[/edit]

Automagfreek 24-11-2003 02:07
• GDODAD enforced protection of trade routes

Again, this is a tentative list. Now, is there something NDA would ask in return?

http://invisionfree.invalid.com/forums/WMNK_...e=post&id=3439
Rayne Xolantra
G.D.O.D.A.D

Dread Lady Nathicana 24-11-2003 02:33

While our esteemed ally, Lord Lancaster is of course free to deal with whom he wishes, as is his sovereign right, the NDA as a whole will agree to nothing until we've had a chance to discuss at length among ourselves the pros and cons of such an offer.

I would also like to see, if you have any handy, proof of the changes you mentioned in your initial missive, being most interested to see why we should view the alliance differently than we may or may not have previously. GDODAD has had, one might say, a rather 'colorful' past, after all, and as per our charter, I'm certain you noted, we promote a policy of diplomacy rather than this 'warmongering' you referred to.

Regards,

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Mon May 18, 2009 3:36 pm

Automagfreek 24-11-2003 02:40
As stated before, I can promise you that GDODAD is NOT the same alliance that we all despised. GDODAD is very much different although alot of the same nations are involved. Also, due to the obnoxiously large number of anti-GDODAD alliances and the propaganda they spew, GDODAD is having some difficulty getting the the alliance off the ground....as we have yet to even finalize our charter. However, nations such as Automagfreek are helping bring stability, credibility and sensibility to the GDODAD.

Feel free to discuss this with the rest of the NDA, we shall anxiously be awaiting NDA's response.

http://invisionfree.invalid.com/forums/WMNK_...e=post&id=3439
Rayne Xolantra
G.D.O.D.A.D

Treznor 24-11-2003 03:17
As stated before, I can promise you that GDODAD is NOT the same alliance that we all despised.
At this time, we feel there is insufficient evidence to back your claims that the new GDODAD is any different from the old. We have made no official response to the reformation of that organisation, and we will continue to do so for now.

Having said this, I will point out that we are willing to be proven wrong. We will watch and wait for now. Should GDODAD demonstrate themselves capable of diplomacy and civilised behaviour without resorting to rampant militancy, we will meet again to reconsider our position.

http://www.pwfc.org/images/gallery/smtorso3.jpg
Emperor Devon I
Empire of Treznor

Copiosa Scotia 13-12-2003 00:03

- James Weston, Attorney General and Secretary of Irony

United Indiastan 13-12-2003 00:27

"The President of United Indiastan, Esana Hiren, has expressed intrest in aligning ourselves with the Non-Democratic Alliance. He has instructed me to tender our application as soon as possible. It is my opinion that while we could lay as much flattery at your feet as you desired, we will not. We meet all of your application requirements, and are willing to meet the requirements of membership. Our history has not been one of great diplomacy, but it has neither been one of great militancy. We are not currently affiliated with any major organization, and our new government has made efforts to curb the rising democracy movement within our county. Support our application or reject it, that is all we ask. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Minister for Foreign Affairs, Usarkar Kalim"

Endless Crimes 13-12-2003 09:08

He pondered it. He didn´t know Indiastan as a stable nation, but then, why not? It couldn´t be that bad.

And in the end...

But no. Better to wait, to see what the others think about it.

---

He was quite lucky the AMF issue was already... well, old. No need to sound aggressive.

In the end, it was an acceptable day, and he intended to continue it peacefully.

May peace rule the world... after the purgatory consumes the sinners.

The Vortex Corporation 13-12-2003 10:58
The Vortex Corporation hereby announces its interest in joining the NDA. After informal communication with several NDA members, we have decided to start the search for a sponsor, that is willing to 'defend our case', as they say. Our motives for wanting to join your organization are simple, though important in our eyes. First of all, the NDA contains a group of nations with which contact has been only sporadic in the past. Therefore, we think establishing formal relations with them, could open up new markets. New markets, not only in an economic sense of speaking, but also regarding politics, culture and perhaps even migration.

Secondly, the NDA has proved itself to be both stable and just in the past. Not being involved in the wars of the more..hotheaded..alliances in the world, we have perceived the NDA stance in international matters as one that deserves respect. Truly, we would be honoured to one day be part of the NDA, and will strive to make that happen.

Signed,

Council

NB: Attached to the application form is a description of the Vortex Corporation, including one concerning the structure of society and politics. Click here to read it

Dread Lady Nathicana 08-01-2004 00:34

Second, there are a couple of issues on the NDA boards that you might be interested in, concerning a centralized location, and recent trade breakthroughs.

With hopes that all are well, and prospering ...

--Nathicana

imported_Sentient Peoples 12-01-2004 21:20

14-01-2004 00:13

Though the nation of Cratership itself cannot join, as it currently exists in a form that might, by some crazed, halfwit auditor, be called a 'democracy' [It does believe in the "One [insert gender here], one vote" system, though the man with the vote is, and always has been, Walter T. Oppenheimer], we would like to establish connections and a possibly allyshipdomthing with many of the nations contained within this alliance.

Austar Union 14-01-2004 00:36

Treznor 14-01-2004 01:04
We are picky about our membership, and would not let any random nation in; history demonstrates that the frequency of crackpot dictatorships and "democracies" in the world require us to place some barriers to entry.

However, we're always pleased to establish good relations with any nation of good intent, regardless of their preferred government. We therefore welcome the interest of Cratership and invite them to talks. We're sure a mutually beneficial trade arrangement can be worked out.

We have no comment to the rude and juvenile statement from Austar Union, except perhaps to point out that in spite of our apparent contradictions, our Alliance remains one of the more prosperous and most of all stable organisations in the world. Otherwise, unless you have something constructive to add, we see no reason for you to plague us with your commentary.

Tsaraine 11-02-2004 22:40
Message Fr: Dominion of Tsaraine
Message Re: Tsaraine's Joint Forces Contributions

Looking at the world these past few weeks, I note that the drums of war are calling yet again, and that our little alliance appears to be in the thick of it.

As such, the possibility that the Joint Forces may need to be utilised has increased dramatically, and for the survival of the Alliance itself, it appears neccessary to offer further forces for service to the Alliance as a whole.

Thus, I am now sending to the Joint Forces an additional ten Legions of Lucifer artillery, five Legions of Haunt attack vehicles, and three Legions of MilTaser artillery; a total of two thousand Lucifers, one thousand five hundred Haunts, and six hundred stationary MilTaser emplacements, as well as the related support troops.

As always, I hope that these contributions shall not need to be used; but if a time comes when they are neccessary, none shall be able to say that Tsaraine has stinted in it's duties.

~ Domina Rene Seingult
Division Five Commandant
Abnatr A'abnatratj E Anlabjatj

Lavenrunz 17-02-2004 04:41

17-02-2004 06:47
The Empire of Lavenrunz formally applies for entry into the Non-Democratic Alliance.

Dread Lady Nathicana 01-03-2004 09:59
The NDA is pleased to accept as its newest member, The Teutonic Empire of Lavenrunz. We of the ruling council are proud to have such a nation joining our ranks. I myself am confident that we look towards a bright future with the inclusion of this noble nation, under the leadership and guidance of such persons as the honorable Empress Aurora von Sachshausen and Chancellor Joachim von Mirbach and their many wise counselors.

--Nathicana D'Aquisto
NDA Ruling Council

imported_Angelus 04-03-2004 03:16
I/We desire to reopen communication with the NDA in the hopes of one day joining your austere ranks. While I/We believe that My/Our past application was justifiably denied, I/We believe that My/Our situation has changed.*
For reference.
I/We thank you for your consideration.*
[End]

The Most Glorious Hack 12-05-2004 07:38

By the authority of the greater Federation, including the personal endorcements by the office of the Supreme Commander of GMC Military arms, and the office of the President of The Most Glorious Hack, I am here to officially announce our interest, and intention, to join the Non-Democratic Alliance.

We feel that between the two principle Federation members we meet all requirements for this august organization. We realise that people may have objections to GMC's economic policies, or the Hack's elections, but we can assure all detractors that, once properly viewed, neither of these disqualify us in the slightest.

We eagerly await your responce, and would like to extend our thanks to Iraqstan for its sponsorship of the Federation.

- Elisa Day, Office of Foreign Relations
The Semi-Autonomous Technocratic Oligarchy of the Most Glorious Hack

Dread Lady Nathicana 12-05-2004 20:20

My sincere apologies for our delay - I am afraid it has been rather unavoidable. Be assured that your request has been noted, and will be discussed with other similar business during our upcoming meeting amongst the Council.

Many things have changed, we realize. And though it will require a careful review, we have not forgotten.

--Nathicana D'Aquisto

-----------------------------------------------

To Elisa Day, Hack Foreign Relations:

We are quite honored to receive your applications, and will be reviewing them at the upcoming meeting of the Council. Be assured that should any additional information or clarification be required, we will be in contact with you.

We ask your patience in these matters as we do like to be thorough, even in spite of an already shining record on your parts.

--Nathicana D'Aquisto

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Mon May 18, 2009 4:09 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana 29-05-2004 22:58
We are pleased to announce the inclusion of GMC and the Hack to the Non-Democratic Alliance. We look forward to a long and mutually beneficial friendship with these honorable nations, and are proud to now include them in our ranks.

------------------------------------------------------

Current list of Member Nations:

The Empire of Treznor
The Imperial Hordes of Burninatonia (Status: Protectorate)
The Dominion of Tsaraine
The Empire of Gehenna Tartarus
The Confederated Union of United Indiastan
The Teutonic Empire of Lavenrunz
The Invincible People's Federation of Marshall Island (GMC Military Arms)
The Semi-Autonomous Technocratic Oligarchy of The Most Glorious Hack

Tsaraine 09-06-2004 17:57
Message To: Non-Democratic Alliance Council
Message Fr: Arkhora Rene Seingult I
Message Re: Certain problems...

As it appears that the Confederated Imperial Union of United Indiastan has violated the NDA Manifesto (Articles Two and Five), it is my unpleasant duty to take action under the Manifesto (Article Nine), and call for a review of the Indiastani situation.

The Non-Democratic Alliance is, as laid out by the Manifesto, a non-agressive Alliance, and it appears that it may not be the best alliance for the Confederated Imperial Union.

~ Arkhora Rene Seingult I
Abnatr A'abnatratj e Anlabjatj

Knootoss 10-06-2004 09:41
________________________________________#tag#

Treznor 10-06-2004 16:50
As it appears that the Confederated Imperial Union of United Indiastan has violated the NDA Manifesto (Articles Two and Five), it is my unpleasant duty to take action under the Manifesto (Article Nine), and call for a review of the Indiastani situation.

The Non-Democratic Alliance is, as laid out by the Manifesto, a non-agressive Alliance, and it appears that it may not be the best alliance for the Confederated Imperial Union.

Seeing asEmpress Amea has removed Chancellor Desai from office and stood down the mobilisation of Indiastan forces, I am satisfied that the accused has taken appropriate steps to come back into line with Alliance policy. This very public action should send the right message to the international community that we are serious about maintaining peaceful relations in the world.

I await the word of the rest of the Council with pleasure.

Devon Treznor
Emperor

Dread Lady Nathicana 11-06-2004 11:01
I am willing to accept this move as well, however, we will be watching developments in United Indiastan closely to assure that this is not simply a diplomatic move to soothe our rather valid concerns.

We of course understand that the occasional enthusiastic member of a government does not always represent the aims and intents of the government as a whole, and if indeed this is the case, as it seems, will not hold them responsible for the rash actions of only one.

--Nathicana D'Aquisto

Hogsweat 13-06-2004 05:59
Mao Zedong
Chairman of The Nationalized Soviet Empirep
Speaker for the Imperial Palace

Treznor 13-06-2004 08:23
To: Mao Zedong
Return transmission band: Open
IDENT: Devon Treznor - Treznor

Chairman Mao,

We're flattered that you're so enthusiastic about our alliance, but we must remind you of the dangers of taking idle chatter as serious intent. Having said that, it would be our pleasure to open diplomatic relations with your nation and see if a sponsorship for enrollment might be appropriate. We'll have to see.

http://www.pwfc.org/images/gallery/smtorso3.jpg
Devon Treznor
Emperor
<<end transmission>>

Iraqstan 20-06-2004 03:16
As my esteemed associates on the council have commented I too find the steps taken by Indiastan to be satisfactory and agree with Nathicana that enthusiasm is sometimes makes all around the person guilty of one's own errors.

How ever steps will be taken to monitor Indiastan and ensure that their actions are indeed honest.

~Carlos Quil'Raya

Lavenrunz 20-06-2004 23:32
to the Non-Democratic Alliance

Following failure of attempts at diplomacy in North Star with the Holy Empire of Iesus Christi due to that nation's obstinacy and fanaticism, I have declared my nation to be in a state of war with them. Therefore I request that my allies diplomatically support this move and acknowledge that all possible was done to avoid unecessary bloodshed.

Treznor 21-06-2004 04:55
To: Empress Aurora von Sachshausen

We've been following the situation in North Star and feel that we'll vote to support your decision. However, for the sake of propriety we request an independent audit of your diplomatic and military escalation with Iesus Christi. The quicker we can review the records, the quicker we'll be able to place the resources of our Alliance behind you.

Devon Treznor
Emperor
<<end transmission>>

OOC: In other words, I know generally what happened, so link me for posterity please.

Dread Lady Nathicana 22-06-2004 00:34

Dread Lady Nathicana 24-06-2004 00:50
To: The Empire of Treznor
Having sworn the pledge in front of your gracious self (OOCly substance, but still O.o) we request to join the Non Democratic Alliance.
Mao Zedong
Chairman of The Nationalized Soviet Empirep
Speaker for the Imperial Palace
I can say without any hesitation that there is no way I would support the entrance of Hogsweat into the NDA. Non-Democratic or no, their idea of proper rule does not represent the image I believe most of us wish our alliance to have. While this is of course within their rights, it is likewise within ours to choose whom we do and do not include within our ranks.

If this petition is taken seriously enough by one of my fellow councilmembers, I will as agreed to take another look, however - I do not at this time see myself changing my mind on the issue.

http://home.mchsi.com/~ketri/wsb/links/Nath7.jpg
--Nathicana D'Aquisto, Dread Lady of the Dominion

Treznor 24-06-2004 01:20
In response to the results of the investigation performed by the Dominion of the Dread Lady Nathicana, the Empire of Treznor formally withdraws the offer of diplomatic relations. Having attracted so much negative attention by so callous an act without any regard for international response, it becomes obvious that Hogsweat is more interested in hiding in the shadow of a strong alliance than making a positive contribution.

We will entertain no further consideration of membership by Hogsweat in the NDA.

Devon Treznor
Emperor

The Most Glorious Hack 24-06-2004 05:34

- Calvin "Coolidge" Drzka, Ambassador to the NDA

Iuthia 22-08-2004 16:59
Subject: Membership Aplication
Dear respected members of the NDA High Council,

Until recently we had not heard of the Non-Democratic Alliance and were unaware that there was such a suitable alliance of nations who share the same common goals of peace and stability as we ourselves have been following for some time now.

Upon hearing of this alliance through idle chatter on our diplomatic networks we have come to the conclusion that such an alliance would be ideal for the nation of Iuthia to secure itself further from pointless aggression, which seems to be the fashion of the time, as well as to secure good relations with other like minded nations who allow see the advantages of a single ruler.

Having read the now read the Manifesto for the Non-Democratic Alliance we have come to the decision that we can agree to all requirements of your alliance and offer our support for the ideals we share; ideals of peace, stability and security.

However, due to our rather limited contact with most, if not all, of the nations within your alliance itself we feel we should apply directly, explaining our case to yourselves in the hope that one of your nations is prepared to sponser our nation for membership of the NDA.

In return we offer additional support for your members as well as assurances that Iuthia will continue to use diplomacy to the fullest extent in each incident that occurs to avoid the need for military action. We have been a rock within our region for many generations now and have not been directly involved in any wars asside from assisting our allies in the defence of their home nations.

On the whole we would say we are a stable nation in regards to internal politics, international politics and our enconomy, we hope that this becomes clear in any subsequent research on our nations recent history.

Thanks for any time you give us to concider our request,

Foreign Minister Mick Lakely, Iuthian Diplomatic Corps

Undersigned,

Lord General James deGritz, leader of the Iuthian people.
----------------------------------------------------------

OOC: Here are some additional links to help research on my nations history and the such:

OOC Guide to Iuthia - The information here covers the nation itself, most of the information can be concidered IC through various methods of intelligence.

Iuthian Embassy Listings - Just covers Iuthia's extensive embassy network.

Iuthian Trade - Covers the various exports and imports of Iuthia (I don't believe in storefronts)

The Sign Up Thread for the TFU Peace Conference - Diplomacy started in the vain effort to stop TFU from being hated by the majority of NS, as you can see in the below link, it probably wasn't worth it but I feel it shows willing.

TFU Peace Conference - Trust me, you don't really want to read this, seeing as the nation it's concerning has trouble not shouting his mouth off, as do a fair number of the nations involved... however it does cover the fact that I'm trying with people who normally don't try making peace.

I'll be honest, recently I have been more invovled in character based threads and my diplomacy has been limited to a couple posts in other threads, so the threads I can link you to are limited, just ask if you want more in the way of background, if you really want I can pull out individual posts from threads I've been involved in... but they wouldn't make as much sense without the rest of the thread.

Current alliances: UnAPS

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Mon May 18, 2009 4:17 pm

Khenala 23-08-2004 03:05
-<Subject: Opening of Formal Relations and Establishment of Free Trade>-

Honored members of the NDA High Council:

In an ongoing effort to expand our relations with the peoples of the world (or, as it goes, the Galaxy), I come before you today to humbly request you consider the opening of formal diplomatic relations with the Imperial Commonwealth of Khenala.

While formal diplomatic relations currently exist with both the Dominion of Dread Lady Nathicana and the Empire of Treznor through our status as signatories to the Charter of the Triumvirate of Yut (and the extension of free trade to those nations as is required by the Charter), at this time we do not hold formal relations with all members of the NDA. As the NDA is represented quite well by both the Dread Lady and Emperor Treznor, we wish to extend this relationship to the rest of the NDA.

What I propose is an exchange of ambassadors, the opening of embassies both here in Khenala and abroad, and the passage of free trade agreements between our respective nations. Khenala has thriving industries in airfoil production, alcohol and liquor exports, and electronics, and due to our location on the Ring of Powerfulness in Saturnspace and our thriving Gambling industry we are a prime tourist destination. It is our sincere hope that with the opening of free trade, something that until today has only been offered to Triumvirate nations, will exchange the best of my nation for the best of yours.

I await your response with the best of hopes that my offer today will forge a great and fruitful relationship between our respective peoples.

Regards,

Prime Minister Andrew Seal
Imperial Commonwealth of Khenala

-<End Transmission>-

Treznor 23-08-2004 03:39

Naturally, the Alliance cannot force members to talk or trade with nations outside our ranks. However, I will say as an individual that I have found relations with the Commonwealth of Khenala to be more than satisfactory. We do not hesitate to endorse Minster Seal's offer to all members of the NDA. You will find his Commonwealth to be honest and forthright, with benefits for all parties.

Devon Treznor
Emperor

Tsaraine 23-08-2004 05:25
Message Fr: Arkhreifane Ksravi Ekina, Greater Ascendancy of Tsaraine
Message Re: Re: Opening of Formal Relations and Establishment of Free Trade

Regrettably, Tsaraine possesses little data upon the Imperial Commonwealth as yet, although our allies in the Triumvirate of Yut speak highly of you. As such, I cannot authorise a free trade agreement at this time - however, you will find that Tsaraine is largely self-sufficient, and in absolute necessities we are almost absolutely self-sufficient. There is, however, a trade in amenities that the Imperial Commonwealth may be allowed access to, should a review indicate well in your favour.

Idelogically, we are, although less idealistic and more authoritarian than the "typical" Triumvirate member, not entirely at odds with the Triumvirate charter; the only point of it we would be unable to meet is Point Three, Section II, Amendment One, concerning the movement of citizens in foreign states.

Unfortunately, we possess little knowledge as to how closely the Imperial Commonwealth matches that stereotype - more data is always appreciated.

I can, however, authorise an exchange of embassies between our nations, although I must inform you that Tsaraine does not recognise embassies as foreign territory per se, and claims the right to investigate, given fair notice, what it considers to be possibly harmful practices within an embassy in the Greater Ascendancy; I am sure, however, that with the practice of mutual respect by both parties, such would never become an issue.

As we say in the Ascendancy,

Esar ksand, tzaan dtegh.*

~ Arkhreifane Ksravi Ekina
Akhreifane of the Exterior

Kaenei 13-09-2004 10:20

It is with due respect that I, Kristilanna Lgealis, Overseer Aenegelis and speaking on behalf and with the unconditional blessing of the Aengelistorium Dominica hereby request to be considered for formal membership of the Non-Democratic Alliance. Having carefully selected and ratified our small circle of allies, we have come to respect the principles of the NDA towards goverments employing an aspect of control that does not require the mass approval of the populance, and as such have interest in becoming a member.

The Serene^Union have no qualms with the founding charter principles, and will submit to required inspections if they are required. I shall leave this in your knowledgable hands, and await any decision.

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Terrorfex%...istilanna2.jpg
• Kristilanna Lgealis
[color=#FF0000]• Aengelistorium Dominica, Protectoresse of Kaeneian assets on Europa.

• The Most Serene^Union of Kaenei.[/color]

Arenumberg 22-09-2004 11:29
Dear respected members of the NDA High Council,

Until very recently we had not heard of the Non-Democratic Alliance and were unaware that there was such a alliance of respected nations who share the same common goals of peace and stability as we ourselves, and many others in the same situation, have been striving for for some time now.

Upon hearing of this alliance through idle chatter on our diplomatic networks we have come to the conclusion that such an alliance would be ideal for the nation of Arenumberg to secure itself further from pointless aggression, which seems to be the fashion of the time, as well as to secure good relations with other like minded nations who allow see the advantages of a single ruler.

Having read the now read the Manifesto for the Non-Democratic Alliance we have come to the decision that we can agree to all requirements of your alliance and offer our support for the ideals we share; ideals of peace, stability and security.

However, due to our rather limited contact with most, if not all, of the nations within your alliance itself we feel we should apply directly, explaining our case to yourselves in the hope that one of your nations is prepared to sponser our nation for membership of the NDA.

In return we offer additional support for your members as well as assurances that Arenumberg will continue to use diplomacy to the fullest extent in each incident that occurs to avoid the need for military action. Whilst wars are in the end unavoidable, we do not rush into them as if they are a game.

On the whole we would say we are a stable nation in regards to internal politics, international politics and our enconomy, we hope that this becomes clear in any subsequent research on our nations recent history.

Thanks for any time you give us to concider our request,

Ministry of the Peoples Foreign Relations.

Undersigned,

High Commissar Allana Carvas, leader of the Arenumbergian people.

OOC: Thanks for the template Iuthia, been sat here thinking of how to right it, and yours seemed so good :).

Dread Lady Nathicana 22-09-2004 12:42
ooc: A brief note concerning applications - I apologize, but one of the ruling council has been absent for almost a week now, due I believe to computer problems. Until we get word, I'm going to have to put a temp hold on these here, given that all three need to speak on it. This isn't a brush-off, or saying 'please don't apply' - it's just a 'please have patience with us while we try to get the Terrible Trio together. Thanks!

--Nathi's Player

Arenumberg 22-09-2004 12:57

Dread Lady Nathicana 12-11-2004 23:00
The Dominion announces its official sponsorship for the nation of Iuthia to join our illustrious alliance. We have been impressed both with their leadership and nation, but their record of reason and diplomacy over the years. We believe they will be a proud addition to the NDA, and look forward to working more closely with them once the council has finished their review.

--Evangelista Ravanelli, Dominion Minister of Public Relations

The Most Glorious Hack 13-11-2004 00:25
The Oligarchy has, as promised, conducted an extensive review in its own below the table manner. It has found nothing that would cause us concern, especially now that they have severed all ties with UNAPS. As such, the Oligarchy is fully in favor of Iuthia joining the ranks of the NDA.

Tsaraine 13-11-2004 01:49

~ Diplomat-Commandant Kital ralVhari

OOC: Besides, if Iuthia joins I won't have to change the flag! Apologies from the crappiness of this post.

Gehenna Tartarus 13-11-2004 07:19

Ambassador Heather Walsh

Dread Lady Nathicana 14-11-2004 13:07
We are pleased to see our allies support Iuthia's application. We appreciate their patience with us as we have conducted our inquiries, and respect the sacrifices they have made to achieve this end. After careful deliberation, it has been decided to welcome Iuthia into the NDA with open arms. We believe they are an excellent addition to our alliance, and that we all will benefit from this new tie.

--Nathicana D'Aquisto

Iuthia 14-11-2004 16:17

Thanks,

Lord General deGritz, Leader of the Iuthian People

S-14 30-11-2004 23:01

Following discussions with Imperatrice Nathicana d'Aquisto of the Dominion and further analysis of the NDA Charter, we believe that aligning ourselves with your organization would be mutually beneficial. We have access to large amounts of resources that can aid your efforts; you have relatively friendly access to political interests in this system that can aid ours. Our military interests and objectives are complimentary; our fleets can aid in your nascent space assets while your support can ensure the continued survival of the panNorm.

Thus, we believe that it would be optimal if we were allowed to join your organization.

http://www.weirdozone.0catch.com/pro.../s14/blue1.jpg
AdminCoordinator 67521 of the Blue Mother of Us All
Speaking on behalf of the Mothers of Us All
Coordinated panNorm Hives

#ComRelay CLOSED#

Treznor 01-12-2004 00:22

"The Ants? The ones Nath introduced us to at her coronation?"

"The very same, Sir."

"The ones living on Venus."

"Physical location was never a consideration before, Sir. Venus is closer than Io, after all."

"That wasn't my point. I'm just surprised. I don't get caught off-guard like this very often. I didn't imagine we had enough in common with them to warrant this sort of attention."

"They're more alien than anyone we know, Sir. Who could have predicted it?"

"Well, Nath vouches for them. I'm willing to meet and get to know them better. Set it up, and see who else wants to come along."

"Yes, Sir."

Treznor sits back in his chair and contemplates the news quietly as Ben Vitner leaves the office.

The Space Ants, eh? This could be good. This could be very good.

Tsaraine 01-12-2004 01:44

"Quite suprising," Ksravi Ekina commented, looking over the missive. "Quite suprising indeed. Esari, eseni, your thoughts?"

"They are pleasant enough conversationalists." that was the representative of the Ea present, clad in the gestalt's red and gold. "Our causes could be furthered by their membership."

"From what I hear, their fleets are quite impressive," Tanyi ralKeyra added, "And they make a point of telling us that their fleets can aid us. Comparing their numbers to ours, I would have to say that it could only be beneficial."

"Anyone else?"

Of the Arkhreifi, only the opinions of ralKeyra, the Ea, the Arkhora, and Ksravi herself really mattered in this case, but solidarity must be mantained.

"No objections here," Kaligh ralInya rumbled. Everyone else shrugged in agreement.

"Very well, then. Arkhora?"

"Certainly I have no objections," Rene replied. "They can only be a boon, after all. Now, this Martian situation..."

Dread Lady Nathicana 01-12-2004 03:54

We belive that they will be a wonderful addition to our fine organization, and are pleased that they feel so as well. We encourage all who would like to get to know our potential allies better to join us on a visit to Venus as soon as we can arrange it. That being said, we are fairly certain you won't be disappointed if you do. As always, the opinions of our various members are important to us, and any input you may have on this subject is more than welcome.

--Nathicana D'Aquisto, Dread Lady and first Imperatrice of the Dominion

Dread Lady Nathicana 02-12-2004 11:45
After many meetings among the Council and a review of relations and history, we are pleased to welcome The Most Serene^Union of Kaenei into the NDA as our latest member. Please join us in extending our regards to our new ally, in whom we have confidence that they will represent our alliance well. If you would like introductions, those of us who have already had a longstanding relationship with Kaenei would be happy to assist with introductions. A lot on Unity Island will be set aside for their use, should they wish to take advantage of the opportunity.

Welcome aboard, Kaenei. We look forward to a mutually profitable and pleasant new tie.

--Nathicana D’Aquisto

Iuthia 05-12-2004 12:27

While Iuthia has had limited contact with this alien nation, we have found our time with them in such events to be pleasant and productive. This, combined with the little information we have on their previous record gives us no reason to object to their application and will look forward to see them in the organised video conference and hearing their case.

The fact that the Dread Lady has offered her sponsorship for the PanNorm gives us cause for comfort in their application as it shows the Dominion already trusts this nation enough to support their alliance application, and we know that the Dread Ladies standards are high.

We look forward to their successful application.

At this moment in time I would also like to congradulate the Serene^Union of Kaenei on their successful application in becoming a member of our proud alliance. We too are confident that they will represent our alliance well and we would like to welcome them with open arms.

Welcome aboard, Kaenei.

Lord General deGritz, Leader of the Iuthian People

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Mon May 18, 2009 4:20 pm

Gehenna Tartarus 05-12-2004 12:41
The Empire has had no previous contact with the PanNorm, however this does not mean that we have no wish to change this situation, and can give no better way of doing so than having them join as a member of the NDA. And the views of Lady Nathicana and various members of the alliance only moves to strengthen our acceptance for them to become a part of the NDA.

I would also like to welcome The Serene Union of Kaenei into the NDA. A nation that we have also had no contact with, but one we have heard the strongest praise for.

Empress Gehenna of Tartarus

Lavenrunz 06-12-2004 00:26

- Empress Aurora von Sachshausen

The Most Glorious Hack 06-12-2004 10:16
Since the Hack has had no direct contact with the ants, or even and tertiary contact, I did the next best thing and requested a report from the Caloris Basin, specifically Ruth. She observed representatives of S-14 at the carnivale, and did some preliminary checking.

What this boils down to is that the Hack has no objections, but we don't have enough information to actively support their inclusion.

West Tennesee 06-12-2004 10:32

Hey i'm interested :sniper:

Treznor 06-12-2004 11:42

Quote:
We're pleased by your interest. We're a close-knit alliance of non-democratic nations banded together for mutual support and economic strength. If you've read our Manifesto, do you believe you qualify? If so, what reasons can you present to us to convince us you're worthy of sponsorship?

Devon Treznor
Emperor

Britmattia 17-12-2004 09:54

Subset//Diplomatic Missive//KeylineCENTGOV_sendto_NDA_HQ//Uplink Opened

After long running, extensive trade and communication with N.D.A memberstates, in addition to careful analysis of general N.D.A policy, both as an alliance and the individual nations, His Majesty's Government, finding that these are compatible with it's goals and own policies, hereby applies for admission to the Non-Democratic Alliance.
The Kingdom offers in exchange it's military strength, not inconsiderable markets and resources, as well as it's unswerving loyalty to our hopeful future allies.
We believe that you are the most ideologically honest of the great alliances and that your admirable restraint in nearly all goings on means a closer association with your notably efficient alliance would be our great benefit.

On behalf of his Majesty,

Arlois, Grand Chancellor and Duke of Birmingham

Sealed and Signed in the name of Owen I, Ard Ri under Eru of Britmattia and Territories

Midlonia 02-01-2005 15:41
To the esteemed council of the Non-Democratic Alliance,

It is with…hope that I write this letter to you, hope for the future of my people, and hope for a sponsorship from one of your benevolent members.

The manifesto of the Non-democratic Alliance fits our own doctrine perfectly, and I have thus come to the conclusion that membership should be paramount to my own nations cultural and economic development, as well as matters of national security.

I do, of course, recognize the small problem of the lack of any correspondence between our nations, so I make the appeal for membership directly.

In return for your sponsorship, and hopeful membership to your alliance we promise to use diplomacy to the utmost, and avoid war until there is no other viable option.

Signed:
Thaddeus Freeman, first Lord Protector of the Greater Republic of Midlonia

Treznor 02-01-2005 16:18

TSMIT Broadcaster
Encryption: None
Broadcast type: Diplomatic
To: Owen I, Ard Ri of Britmattia

We find there are no nations coming forward to sponsor you for membership. After some investigation, we see that you may meet the requirements presented within our Mandate, save for the sponsorship clause.

Upon careful reflection, we recommend you establish relations with one of our members in an effort to obtain sponsorship from them. We recognise that this can be a slow, tedious process, but without it we are unwilling to consider any nation for membership.

Devon Treznor
Emperor
<end transmission>

TSMIT Broadcaster
Encryption: None
Broadcast type: Diplomatic
To: Thaddeus Freeman, first Lord Protector of the Greater Republic of Midlonia

We find the phrasing of your letter intriguing. We were not previously aware that our alliance was considered a charity for less-fortunate nations seeking succor.

We are also aware that there have been no relations, either positive or negative, between yourself and any of our member states. Upon investigation, we find that your nation has been rife with violence and militaristic posturing. However, we also recognise that you have recently instituted reform, and are seeking to maintain the stance you've espoused so eloquently to us.

Upon careful reflection, we recommend you establish relations with one of our members in an effort to obtain sponsorship from them. We recognise that this can be a slow, tedious process, but without it we are unwilling to consider any nation for membership.

Devon Treznor
Emperor
<end transmission>
GMC Military Arms 08-01-2005 07:50

Rachel Knight, Speaker for External Affairs.

[Bah, uninspired I know.]

Lavenrunz 08-01-2005 08:12

Britmattia seems a most excellent nation to invite into the Non Democratic Alliance. It might be a nice idea if the applicant nations had a ceremony of welcome which was held in their nation, where we would meet their officials and see a bit of their country!

Midlonia...didn't Midlonia used to have a King?

Aurora von Sachshausen
Empress of Lavenrunz
end transmission

Treznor 09-01-2005 22:51

It is with pleasure that on behalf of the Ruling Council, we announce the acceptance of Britmattia within the ranks of the Non-Democratic Alliance. After careful review of their policies, history and political climate, we find that they meet our requirements perfectly. We invite them to build an embassy for themselves on Unity Island and familiarise themselves with our intelligence and defense procedures. We look forward to a bright future with our growing ranks of noteworthy allies.

Devon Treznor
Emperor

Kelanthia 10-01-2005 21:38

TO: Ard Ri Owen I of Britmattia
RE: Acceptance Into The Non-Democratic Alliance

Most Illustrious Owen:

It is with great pleasure that I extend a hand of both friendship and congratulations to the newest member of the Non-Democratic Alliance. The Free Republic of Kelanthia looks forward to interaction and long-lasting friendship with our newest ally, and invites you to contact us with any need, great or small. Once again, welcome to the NDA.

Sincerely,

Gordon Grath, President of the Free Republic of Kelanthia

<<Diplomatic Communique // End>>

[OOC: sincere apologies to all those whom I have missed in the past months... I lost track of this thread, and only recently dug it up. Please accept my regrets and a severely belated welcome to the NDA.]

Dread Lady Nathicana 13-01-2005 15:21

--Fabian Mancuso, Dominion Representative, Unity Island

ooc: belated here as well - ack. Too often get caught up on the IRC thing. Kelanthia - sorry to have missed you when you were there. No worries - we know how life gets. Glad to have you when you're able. *smiles*)

Dread Lady Nathicana 16-01-2005 23:35

Nathicana finishes writing, settling back into the large chair behind her desk, her brow furrowed. Once she has reviewed her work, again, and again, making slight adjustments here and there, she makes copies of the letter, personally signing each one. They are sent out by certified mail, addressed to the heads of each member nation in the NDA - with the exception of Iraqstan, where it is addressed to the Quil'raya Household.

At the bottom of that particular letter, an additional note is penned.

'My friend, I am sorry that matters have come to a head in this way, but your actions have finally forced my hand. Please know I bear you no ill will, but your policies have become problematic for our alliance as a whole. I wanted to give you the same information I am giving each of our members, in hopes that you will have time to consider and prepare a response. I respect you too much to do otherwise.'

Quote:

As you may well be aware, the internal policies of Iraqstan have drawn unfavorable international attention. We have in recent memory, denied entrance into the NDA to other nations for much less than what Iraqstan has involved themselves in. We are obligated by ideology and treaty to uphold their sovereign right of rule, however their flagrant publicity of what appears to the world as 'barbaric practices' has begun to impact us as their allies.

Is this the face of the NDA we wish to present? Shall we continue to operate with hypocrisy in our choosing of new members, denying them entrance for extremes we quietly accept in those already claiming membership? Do we continue to allow one of our own to quite literally thumb their noses at the world, daring them to come do something about what the outsiders term 'atrocities' and 'crimes against humanity' while they use the NDA as a shield? How do such actions affect our credibility, and are we willing to accept those consequences?

We are not here to condemn their actions, or to pass judgement on them - that is an internal matter for the Iraqstanis to decide, and we will support them in their efforts, for better or for worse. What we do need to address is how their publicity is reflecting on us, and what options we have available to us. To this end, I am asking for your input and opinion, before I present this to the council at large. Should additional information be needed, we stand ready to provide it, in as unbiased a format as is possible. I realize that Iraqstan's seat on the council makes this more difficult as well. Be assured that measures are in place to avoid undue bias.

Such an action has never before been necessary within our alliance, and I do not enter into such a decision lightly. This is a matter that has laid heavily on my mind for some time now. Iraqstan has been one of our longest standing allies, and it pains me to see events reach the point where I must consider options. We have steadfastly continued to support and stand by our allies, as we always will, and hope that we will continue to recieve the same honor and consideration in turn.

In particular, I draw attention to the fact that while we have not had this particular problem to address, we have in place a process for review, given the first and fifth sections of the Manifesto. The next point is that of non-aggression. While it has remained a primarily internal affair, the rammifications have been further reaching than that, drawing the attention of outside groups who have taken an active interest in the actions of Iraqstan. Whether or not you view their actions as aggressive as laid out in the Manifesto, is a matter of opinion - one of many I am hoping to hear from you. The next point is section nine, wherein any and all members may petition the council with regard to changes, actions or review.

Please take the time to consider the matter at hand, and respond back as soon as is reasonably possible with your thoughts or concerns. I deeply value your opinions, and wish to continue to do what is best for the alliance as a whole, whichever direction these choices take us. I thank you for your time, and for your continued support. May this matter be handled with thought and care, and come to a mutually satisfying conclusion.

--Nathicana D'Aquisto, Dread Lady and First Imperatrice of the Dominion

Britmattia 17-01-2005 01:39

Esteemed Dread Lady, Other N.D.A members,
His Majesty's Government feels that the Imperatrice's summation of the issues pertaining to Iraqstan's actions, and of the difficulties ensuing from them, is both accurate and timely.
Indeed, it is necessary. It is the position of His Majesty's Government that emphasis must be given to Iraqstan's disregard of both the non-aggression portion of our Charter, and to that portion requiring an attempt at diplomacy before embarking on a course that will lead to war.
For that is unarguably what Iraqstan is doing with it's campaign of genocide, the idealistic portion of Yut can only restrain their citizenry so much before a groundswell of opinion would demand that old buzzphrase, "regime change."
And we cannot win a war against Yut, nor should we be fighting one to protect an ally so willing to court such a shattering event.
Hence, for both our own good, and the long-term good of Iraqstan's dynasty, we must find a way to moderate Iraqstan, to comply vaguely with the rest of the Alliance's standards and, most importantly, to normalise relations with Yut.
It is our regret to be forced to take such a firm stance this early in our tenure as an N.D.A member, but if we allow the Iraqstanis to continue on this path it will lead to global respect for our neutrality and strength evaporating in disgust at our hypocrisy at the least, and a disastrous war we do not want to fight at worst.
How a restraint of Iraqstan is to be undertaken we leave to more senior members of council, but we do stand firm in our call for action, and if action is what eventuates His Majesty will back it to the hilt.

Arlois, Duke of Birmingham
Grand Chancellor

Signed and Sealed in the name of Owen I, Ard Ri of Britmattia and Territories.

Tsaraine 17-01-2005 02:40
The Tsarainese response arrived in the diplomatic pouch of the Greater Ascendancy's embassy in Devras, and was delivered by the Ambassador himself into the hands of the Imperatrice; a simple letter, written in a strong, careful hand - clearly one unfamiliar with the alphabet and taking care to get it right.
Quote:

I am indeed aware of the situation in Iraqstan - the same reports which reached the foreign press reached Tsaraine, after all, although I have done my best to keep it from reaching the people of the Ascendancy. They do not need this problem on their minds.

I do not need this problem on my mind.

It is difficult for me to understand this wholesale slaughter of an ethnic group for no good reason, difficult to tolerate it. Difficult to sit by and let the blood flow past. And there are others in my government who think more strongly on it than I.

But at the same time, Iraqstan is our ally, and even before our entry into the NDA, Tsaraine has supported what allies it has to the best of it's ability. It is something that I have prided myself on, in the past.

Still, there is a line which must be drawn. There are some lengths to which one should not go, even for an ally. There are some acts, some wanton cruelties - and I am no stranger to cruelty, when it is necessary - which I can no longer tolerate. It is not perhaps the fact of it, but the scale of it, the method of it. One should kill because one has good reason to kill, not simply to be killing.

Thus I do not think that I can in good conscience support Iraqstan, should military action be required. I would support ... some manner of change within Iraqstan, but I do not know if that can be done without destroying the Iraqstani culture as a whole - the old order is well entrenched - and I would not be a party to that.

So I am afraid that, in the end, I do not know what to do; I cannot easily advise you in this matter. Clearly something must be done, but I know not what.

~ Rene Seingult
Arkhora
http://shade.jonpearse.net/RSsig.gif

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Mon May 18, 2009 4:25 pm

Kaenei 17-01-2005 18:01

Having received the communique in which the overall actions of the nation of Iraqstan are called into question, and having thoroughly examined the document in coardination with the Aengelistoria Dominica I, Riordan Likonesse Supreme-Overseer for the Office of Foreign Affairs do hereby speak for the Council and their decision is voiced by myself.

We do not traditionally bring ourselves to interaction where matters do not concern our immediate sovereignity or safety as such. We have over many centuries upon a podium of the purest and most brilliant crystal carved not from glass but honesty and integrity placed our concerns for all others to inform but never to request. Whilst your concerns to the opinions of the Council seem well motivated and furthmore sound of mind we cannot and will not bring the official consensus of the Serene^Union upon Iraqstan such as it would be to officially condemn such controversial action.

Furthmore, having specifically in heart and mind always believed your previous statements and concerns regarding any number of relevent issues were well intentioned and honourable, we decide against denouncing the motions to have repurcussion make itself apparent to that nation in question. Instead the Aengelistoria Dominica hereby informs of the Serene^Union's intent to abstain from passing official comment or action. We will neither support nor decry the mobilisation of any action to counteract the actions of Iraqstan.

Such actions shall be taken with our observation, and without our support.

Such deeds shall be written without our hand, yet with no malice nor derision.

• Riordan Likonesse.

• Aengelistorium Dominica, Supreme-Overseer of the Office for Foreign Affairs.
• The Serene^Union of Kaenei.

The Most Glorious Hack 18-01-2005 00:07
Josef was a little surprized at the letter waiting for him on the kitchen table. Actual physical mail wasn't something he usually received, aside from the occational bulk mailing, catalogue, or package. He grabbed a beer from the refridgerator and made his way to the den. Might as well savor it, even if it was business. He sat down and opened up the letter, idly petting Violet with one hand as he read.

After finishing, he frowned. He'd been rather busy with internal affairs lately, as wasn't really up to date on the goings on in Iraqstan. Indeed, he'd been downright neglecting intelligence for that particular country. Largely because it tended to be horribly depressing. The official reports were as grim as could be expected, but he wanted a little more information before making any judgements. He sighed a little as he took a drink of his beer; being the leader of a nation was more stressful than he ever would have imagined. He was beginning to see why Victor had chain smoked.

He wandered into his office and saw his son playing a video game. It was an old game called 'Warning Forever'. A pretty simple little shoot-em-up game: player vs. mothership. He watched until Jaimyn ran out of time and cleared his throat a little, "Sorry, kiddo. Need the compy for work." His son nodded and shut down the game, "Okay, dad." Josef locked the door after Jaimyn left and logged into the Hack's network.

Just like Chiba City had it's dark and dangerous places (the Warrens), the Hack's network also had dark and dangerous zones, and it was one of those zones that Josef directly navigated to. He didn't care for these places, but if he was going to find the information that he wanted, that was where he had to go.

The Techno Jihad was a shadowy group that had been operating in the Hack for years. Why they did the things they did was unknown to anybody save their leader, the Neuromancer, but they also ran a data haven, which was where Josef was headed. Josef logged in annonymously and started to read the information contained there, specifically information from the Knights Errant. Eventually, he set to sending Nathicana a reply.
Quote:

I was rather surprized to receive your letter, but have given it quite a bit of thought, and done a fair amount of personal research as well. To call this a thorny situation would be a massive understatement.

The Hack places a premium on national sovereignty, and indeed, we have taken it to its further workable level within our country, granting a wide selection of personal sovereignty as well. However, we still believe that there is right and there is wrong.

Current events in Iraqstan are undeniably wrong. His use of nuclear weapons against his own people, and his willingness to engage in wholesale slaughter are utterly contemptable. The Federation as a whole is strongly commited to personal freedoms, and while I cannot speak for the Greater Federation, I can -- and will -- speak for the Hack.

These sorts of crimes reflected very badly on the NDA as a whole, and I have noticed that imports from, and exports to, several nations have dropped off rather dramatically, coinciding with the most recent events in Iraqstan. Cause and effect are tricky concepts at this time, but it isn't a dangerous leap to assume that the Hack is being on the receiving end of public distaste with all things associated with Iraqstan. It is the right of these nations to spend their money as they see fit, of course, but I cannot allow my nation, my economy, and my people to suffer.

When the actions of another nation have detrimental effects on my nation, it ceases to be an internal Iraqstani matter and becomes a Hack concern. Were the world to turn a blind eye to Carlos' excesses, then I would seek no official recourse. The acts are horrible, and I may surriptitously support change, I would make no, and seek no governmental action. However, as stated, when nations start boycotting my nation for his actions, I can no longer sit by and watch.

It is a difficult position to be in, as I'm sure you can understand, but this is a position that he has placed us in. We cannot be blamed for acting in our own best interests, even if those actions are detrimental to his best interests. I feel that it is fully within the law and spirit of the Manifesto to, at the very least, consider action against Iraqstan.

I realise that as a protectorate, my voice carries little official weight, so I send this with that in mind. I hope you will consider my words as you plot your course.

- Dr. Josef Specter, Nominal Head of the Oligarchy
He sighed and read over the letter a few times before printing out two copies and signing them. One was sent, priority, to Nathicana. The other was sent to the Supreme Commander, so he would be aware of what his protectorate was up to.

Treznor 18-01-2005 10:26

Treznor stares at the letter in his hand with an expression that suggests he expects it to bite him. In a way, he supposes it already has.

All right, Red. You've opened the door. Let's see where it leads.

He takes out a blank sheet of paper, almost an anachronism these days, and begins to compose his response.
Quote:

Unofficially, you know my opinion. Now I suppose it's time to make it official.

Ultimately, the goal of this alliance was to provide an umbrella of protection for its members, to prevent aggressive, well-meaning crusaders from coming in to correct the evils inherent in our chosen form of government. We wrote our Mandate to cover the ways we thought could prove our system works; ultimately, we failed to consider this one.

Technically, Carlos is exercising his right to govern his nation as he sees fit. We don't have any legal means to stop him. What we do have, per the sections you cite, is a means to review the impact his actions are having on the Alliance as a whole. We know it's bad; we've known it for a long time. We've been attempting damage control for many years, and we've made our concerns known to Carlos privately. The fact is that he's convinced of the correctness of his actions, and has responded with ever increasing hostility toward suggestions that he at least tone down the atrocities.

I'm glad you're taking the tact you are now. If we don't have the majority of the alliance behind us, they'll jump ship like crazy. And no matter what, we cannot force Carlos into an internal policy he doesn't approve of. All we can do is judge whether or not we want to be associated with him while he pursues his course. I don't want to kick him out; he's been a loyal friend since forever and this feels like stabbing him in the back. But I know you're right. He's gone over the edge, and we can't continue to save him from himself. Sooner or later this is going to end badly, and we can't allow him to drag us down with him. As much as it pains me to do so, I support your action here.

Devon
With a heavy sigh he puts down the pen and reviews his words. He fights with the temptation to tear it up and bury his head in the sand, but after a few minutes of wrestling with himself he puts the letter into an envelope and addresses it back to Nathicana.

For what we are about to do, may the gods have mercy on us all.

Gehenna Tartarus 18-01-2005 15:05

Gehenna sat at her desk, going through a pile of documents that had been presented to her by Emma, who sat on the chair opposite. Also in the room, ready to make any notes was Alex, barely noticeable by the two women. Not that Gehenna was aware of much other than the letter that she was reading from Imperatrice Nathicana.

“This is certainly something that we could do without.” She raised her eyes to her Foreign Minister, as she reached the end. “I know that Iraqstan has every right to deal with internal situations any way they see fit, but their recent behaviour does leave a lot to be desired.” She shook her head slowly. “Trouble is so much easier dealt with behind closed doors and with little fanfare.”

Emma nodded her head in agreement, as the Empress continued. “Granted we do not know the full facts, but Iraqstan is putting the NDA in a very difficult position. If we are seen to be condoning their actions, this could affect the way that we, as an alliance, are viewed by the international community.” She turned to Alex. “Take a letter, to Imperatrice Nathicana…”
Quote:

Subject: Iraqstan

Following serious consideration of your letter and the matters raised within, it is with regret that I have to take this unprecedented step in expressing my concerns over the recent behaviour of Iraqstan, which has brought not only that nation but possibly the NDA into disrepute.

Therefore, there seems that we have very few options, as detailed by yourself in your communiqué. I do not enjoy passing judgement on another nation’s actions, as I have always considered it a sovereign’s right to control their nation as they see fit, yet at the same time, we all signed the same agreement when we joined the alliance, and if a nation – no matter which one it is – breeches one or more of the terms of agreement, then drastic action must be taken.

If there was a way that Iraqstan could remain in the NDA through a radical change then the Empire would push for this solution, unfortunately such changes to not take place overnight, and the longer Iraqstan remains in the international spotlight, the more damage is done to the NDA. I therefore feel that we have little choice. In order to save the reputation of the NDA, Iraqstan must be removed from the alliance; with a provision of a review of reinstatement should the nation alter its international standing.

Iraqstan 19-01-2005 16:27
Originally Posted by Letter
Nathicana,

My honourable ally I feel a need to respond to the letter sent to me in a manner decidedly defensive. You call enforcement of Iraqstani laws a barbaric practice without realising the entire situtation. We have denied nations entrance for other ghastly actions of oppression yet even you yourself are not a stranger to oppressive stances from time to time.

I am acting mearly inthe best intrests of my nation, my own national security comes before the image of an alliance whose image will always be tainted by the types of people we grant entrance too. Iraqstan to date is quite possibly the most ruthless of nations but we are not the only nation whom have dealt heavily with dissent within it's own borders.

The internal affairs of Iraqstan should have no bearing on the way the NDA think, since nothing has been called in for the NDA to stand. I have left the NDA out of these events for the simple reason many would balk at being asked to defend what they most likely see an ujust occupation of land. I have stood alone on this course for longer than possible. The only help the NDA has given is a conference with a nation when hostilities flaired between them and Iraqstan.

That was not requested but it was accepted none the less. Nobody has offered any help in tracking down and punishing the nation responsible for sending the group of soldiers currently training and organising the rebel forces. Nothing has been said to show support for Iraqstan in this growing situation. Instead I assume silence means I am being supported instead I find silence means I am being betrayed by the people I should be able to trust.

Instead of coming to me first to get the details of why my soldiers opened fire on protestors or why we initiated an attack on the northern um lizaan people you have gone above the key source and laid your own assumptions down and stated articles in the manifesto as you proof. If this is how my actions will be treated then perhaps when the time comes, I will not submit to a jury but instead resign. For knowing the way things would go, my choices in enforcing policies of national security will undoubtedly lead me to being removed from the alliance.

I am willing to stand alone if support for me has died within the NDA, no sense in lingering where hostility is building, that much I have learnt in my dealings with the northern um lizaan people. I'm afraid I cannot find much more to add to this so I will leave it as this matter was approached within the boundaries of the manifesto of the NDA and I was left no choice but to attack northen um lizaa and my soldiers were required to defend themselves from violent protestors just the other day.

Unless you have evidence supporting other claims then please, submit them and I will argue my case to the best of my ability.

With regards,
Carlos Quil'raya
Fuhrer of the National Socialist Union of Iraqstan.
Closing the letter he sends it and sits back, breathing softly and steeplig his fingers. "It most likely made no sense, but my feelings are expressed on this." He whispers as he returns to authorising payments for the recent string of Iraqstani bounty hunters employed to track down dissidents within the motherland.

Lavenrunz 20-01-2005 05:32

Dear Nathicana

You may have heard about a disturbance that took place during the opening of the Volksraad, but don't worry, everything is under control, as I'm sure your ambassador has told you.

The problem is this: Iraqstan may be a messed up country but it is an ally, and in fact has acted as one towards Lavenrunz in particular. However, they are prickly proud (and who among us isn't?) about their sovereignty, and I don't think we can take that lightly.

Why don't we consider helping them with their problems in exchange for them considering less violent and cruel means, and following some direction from us? We maybe need to try to consider their feelings as well. Let us be honest, who among us hasn't done something tough in order to stay in power?

Yours with greatest affection

Aurora

Iuthia 21-01-2005 17:44

While others had a more definate responce regarding the Iraqstan issue, Iuthia's stance on the more extreme member of NDA more or less abstained on the matter. Lord General deGritz's reply was sent back through certified mail to the Dread Lady herself if only for image.
Quote:

After reviewing all your concerns regarding Iraqstan and looking up some of the past incident which we had previously been ignoring, I feel that I agree with many of the issues you have raised; Iraqstan's treatment of minority and their actions could very well be reflecting poorly on the Non-Democratic Alliance, especially after we have turned down nations for similar issues in the past.

Clearly the nations we ally with reflect on us as an alliance, generally giving others an impression of the kind of nations we associate ourselves with. That said however, from what we've seen of Iraqstan, these issue are ulimately concerning their own nation and they have been a good ally to NDA members in the past... I feel that while these incidents reflect poorly on the NDA in certain ways, we could simply require that Iraqstan work harder to keep their internal matters from becoming global events with better media management.

In anycase, I feel that given Iuthia's relatively short period of time in the NDA we don't really feel we've been members for long enough to have a full knowledge of Iraqstan's relations with most members to make a complete judgement, however we do hope that this can be resolved with a slight warning.

Eitherway, Iuthia's relations with non-NDA nations has not changed and I imagine this will not change for the time being so long as Iraqstan keeps this to their nation only.

Thanks for asking never the less,

- Lord General deGritz, leader of the Iuthian people.

Kelanthia 21-01-2005 23:55
Gordon Grath leaned back in his Jacuzzi, soaking up the warmth and contemplating weighty issues while mentally composing a letter. With a soft sigh, he gazed into the bubbly depths, wishing that he could grasp his troubles in his hands and plunge them into the hot water, drowning them away. He had received an important missive from Nathicana several days ago, and knew that he really should send a reply, but arriving at the decision he had made had taken quite a bit of cajoling on the part of both his advisors and his conscience.

“Goddamn him,” muttered Grath under his breath. He hated the very idea of expelling someone from an alliance – it felt all too much like betrayal, and, despite the despotic tendencies he knew he exhibited, betrayal was a sin he had never committed. As far as Grath was concerned, betrayal of an ally is one of the most egregious transgressions one could engage in; not only did it completely and totally alienate the one who was backstabbed, but one’s other allies often became suspicious of one’s motives.

At the same time, though, Carlos’s actions could not be ignored. By sullying the reputation of the NDA, Carlos was casting an unwanted pall over the rest of the members with little apparent regard for the potential consequences. Granted, Kelanthia was hardly a major international economic power, and the entire distasteful Um Lizaan situation had had a negligible effect on Kelanthian trade and foreign relations. However, who was to say that it would stop with Um Lizaa? Carlos had shown himself willing to nuke his own people and gruesomely slaughter thousands of civilians, so what happens when he turns his unpredictable temper on someone more able to fight back?

It was this ever-looming threat that forced Grath’s hand; he didn’t want to publicly stand against a country that had never directly done him harm, but when Iraqstani actions began to carry the threat of dragging the entire alliance into unwanted war, it was time to step up and put an end to Carlos’s thoughtless disregard for anything other than the satisfaction of his own personal whims. Many of the NDA’s enemies were far more advanced than Kelanthia – being dragged into undesired hostilities could be disastrous for the entire country, and Grath wasn’t about to let that happen.

Lifting himself out of the Jacuzzi, Grath wrapped himself in a towel and made his way into his study. After slipping on some casual clothes, he seated himself at his desk, extracted a sheet of official Kelanthian government letterhead, and began writing.
Quote:

Allow me to express my apologies for replying late – in making a decision of this magnitude, I indulged myself with several days for contemplation before choosing a course of action.

After much thought and consideration, I have chosen to provide my support for the removal of Iraqstan from the Non-Democratic Alliance. I will be perfectly frank with you on the issue: I cannot condone the staining influence that Mr. Quil’Raya has had on our reputation. His actions are not those of a sane man, and with the potential consequences of his reckless abandon so large, I cannot call myself a responsible leader if I allow him to jeopardize any Kelanthian interests as his current actions do. My support, however, is not without reservation.

I pride myself on never having betrayed an ally before, and I must admit that this decision endangers my heretofore unblemished record. I am repulsed by many of Carlos’s tactics and I consider it highly irresponsible of him to carry on his Um Lizaan campaign without so much as a pretense of any kind of restraint, but nevertheless, he is an ally, and I feel that it is extremely important to explore all possible avenues of reconciliation before expelling Iraqstan from the NDA. Unfortunately, aside from the removal of Iraqstani troops from Um Lizaa, I cannot offer any possible solutions, and I rather doubt that full removal will be acceptable to Carlos.

Thus, I would hope that there is some sort of disciplinary measure that can be taken before full expulsion becomes our only choice, but if it comes down to that, you will have my support.

Sincerely,

Gordon Grath, President of the Free Republic of Kelanthia

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Mon May 18, 2009 4:28 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana 29-04-2005 21:07

I wish to thank you again for your input and consideration concerning the current situation with one of our own, namely Iraqstan. Matters have progressed in recent time, and to date, no real progress has been made, such as we would wish to see.

In the interest of the good of the alliance, we therefore call for an official review at Unity Island, in no less than three days time to discuss possible solutions. Any member nations who wish to participate in this review or simply send an observer are more than welcome.

We realize this is a first in the history of the NDA, and hope that the same consideration we have shown one another throughout will continue during these discussions. Our purpose is not to condemn, but to come to an agreement as to what the proper course is, and to offer our ally Iraqstan the opportunity to enlighten us as to their actions of the past while. Until all sides have been heard, it would be irresponsible to choose a final course.

I close with the hopes that we can come to a beneficial and mutually satisfying accord concerning this troubling situation.

With respect,

--Nathicana D'Aquisto

Right then. This will take place after Trez's little expedition to Iraqstan, where at present, I'm not entirely sure what will happen exactly. Idea is to give him and the others time to come up with a viable solution there, while we officially prep to take some action. Sorry for the absence - rl has been rough of late.

Treznor 30-04-2005 22:51

TSMIT Broadcaster
Encryption: NDA standard
Broadcast type: diplomatic
To: all NDA nations
IDENT: Mark Tennenbaum - Treznor

It is with great regret that we confirm the review called by our esteemed council member regarding the case of Iraqstan and the impact of their national policies on ourselves as an alliance. As Iraqstan is also a member of the council, by provision of treaty their status on the council is suspended during the proceedings of the review. We trust that a favourable solution will be found, and quickly.

Mark Tennenbaum
Treznor Minister of Foreign Affairs
<end transmission>

Britmattia 01-05-2005 00:11

CentGov Spire, Royesse, The Kingdom.

Owen drummed his fingers on the age-darkened oak of his desk, staring at the Imperiatrice's missive, the Treznorian addendum attached.
Slowly, without really seeming to be aware of it, he drew a gleaming knife from his boot, opened a drawer on his desk, pulled out a packet of jerky, slit it neatly open, popped a piece into his mouth and started to chew thoughtfully.
After a while he tapped a button on his desk console and spoke quietly.
"Tell His Grace Edinburgh I'd like to see him at his earliest convenience. Thank you."
He stood up, turning to look out the full length window behind him, the massive height of the Spire laying out Royesse like a child's model below him.
Staring out the window Owen continued chewing thoughtfully.
Eventually a knock sounded on the heavy door of his office.
Without looking round, he swallowed his jerky and gave a crisp "Enter."
"Owen, you wanted to see me?"
Still not looking round, hands clasped behind his back, Owen spoke again.
"There's a message on my desk, take a look."
Silence reigned while the tall and wiry duke, pointed red beard twitching occassionally, perused it's contents. Then,
"Carlos is going to go fucking spare. No way will that paranoid bastard take this any way but poorly."
Owen, still staring out at his capital, nodded.
"That was my read as well. I intend to have Tamurile observe whatever censure process is undertaken, I don't trust Carlos not to try and nuke Unity or something equally lunatic, so no one higher up the chain will be involved hands on."
The King looked briefly pained at this somewhat cavalier risking of one of his people, and an adopted Warwick at that, but went on.
"I also intend to quietly offer Star Navy units to those members of the NDA who dont have stellar warships of their own. I don't trust the Iraqstanis a damned inch and they're up there with blood in their collective eye, with weapons targetted who know's bloody where. I want to offer our allies as much security as we can."
Andrew pursed his lips.
"You don't think that you're over-reacting? Worrying too much about the capabilities of the Iraqstanis?"
"I'm King, Andrew, it's my job to worry. And I also want you to put the forces onto Condition Orange."
The Duke sighed.
"You think it's that bad?"
"No...but pessimism is safer than optimism."

Bridge of H.M.S Rider on a Pale Horse, somewhere in the South Atlantic.

Captain Felix Snicket looked at the letters glowing on the com-screen and bit his lip. The slight dwerry had always wanted to be a submarine commander, he'd lived near the Russell yards as a child and the black shapes had always struck a pleasantly spine-tingling jolt through him.
So in due course he'd joined the Navy and after years of quiet service he'd at last taken command of the Pale Horse a month ago. And now this.
His X.O looked at him, worry on the man's long face.
"Orange alert? That's.."
Felix swallowed and nodded, grabbing his com and keying it to address the whole SSBN.
"This is the Captain. We're at Condition Orange. This is not a drill. Repeat, Condition Orange."
He clicked the com off, thoughts inward. Schoolboy Latin surfaced as he looked at the plate bolted onto his console, the bronze graven with the motto of the SSBN service.

"Summum Nec Metuam Diem Nec Optem."

"Let me neither fear nor wish for the last day."

Kaenei 01-05-2005 01:24

The Aengelistoria Dominica, having discussed the subject at hand and at length and deliberated over a response both appropriate and justifiable make now their decision aware; authorised as I am to convey said conclusion for your consideration, as Supreme-Overseer of the Office for Foreign Affairs.

It is neither our place nor within our true mandate to pass judgement on the decisions of the Non-Democratic Alliance Council, merely to react and in turn choose the wisest course of action in relation to events unfolding. Consequently however we cannot find fault with the motivations of both the afore mentioned Council and other member nations in agreement; Iraqstan’s actions are unsettling to those forced to simply watch and any effort to quell this is understandable.

However, we also believe strongly in the above-all sacrosanct right to sovereignty, which indeed is amongst the founding principals of the Non-Democratic Alliance. We also do not believe the Aengelistoria Dominica is in possession of all relevant information pertaining to the Iraqstan situation, and in that belief cannot condone or approve any condition until we are satisfied that pertinent details are in our possession in their entirety.

In closing, the Aengelistoria Dominica has decided that it shall make no final ruling on the ejection of the nation of Iraqstan from the Non-Democratic Alliance, but will instead await the upcoming conference on Unity Island which the Serene^Union shall attend; making its representative Governor-General Byzainti herself and conveying the seriousness in which Kaenei views this event.

I declare this valid, on the First Sunrise of the Fifth Period, in the year of Earth Ascension Five Hundred Seventeen, in my capacity as Supreme-Overseer of the Office for Foreign Affairs.

Riordan Likonesse, Supreme-Overseer of the Office for Foreign Affairs, acting on behalf of the Aengelistoria Dominica.

Gehenna Tartarus 01-05-2005 07:02

Re: The Iraqstan Situation

Following extensive discussions with Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Gehenna on this subject, it is with regret that we look upon our ally Iraqstan as a serious threat to the stability and unity of the NDA. The inclusion of a disruptive and genocidal nation within our ranks reflects badly on all that the NDA stands for, and puts us all in disrepute.

Had the Iraqstani government, or more importantly Fuhrer Carlos Quil’raya, made steps to curb their recent behaviour, we would not have felt the need to be so blunt in our response. And despite our feelings on Sovereign Rights, once a nation’s actions begin to affect others, then the onus changes, and it is no longer just their concern but the NDA’s as a whole.

With this in mind, and repeating our previous recommendation, we believe that if Fuhrer Quil’raya can give no justifiable reason for his actions, Iraqstan should be removed from the NDA immediately; with the opportunity to renew their ties with the NDA once it is proven that changes have been implemented.

The longer this situation remains unresolved the more damage is done to the NDA’s International standing.

Yours faithfully

~Emma Sarie

The Most Glorious Hack 05-05-2005 23:26

TO: NDA Members
FR: Calvin Drzka
RE: Current "Situation"
TX:

As we mentioned the last time this was brought up, the Oligarchy feels that there are needs that must be addressed here. While we fully support the concept (and, indeed, practice) of national sovereignty, we also realise that there comes a time when one nation's actions have drastic and tangible negative affects on one's allies.

It is in the spirit of these concerns that I will be attending this meeting. While the Oligarchy doesn't much care what Iraqstan does to its subjects, it most certainly does care about those actions having detrimental economic affects in our own nation.

End Message

Tsaraine 18-05-2005 03:59
Message Fr: Arkhora Rene Seingult I, Deep Tsarai, the Greater Ascendancy of Tsaraine
Message Re: Review

Esenqi Esarqi Kuirau,

I must admit approval at the announcement of review upon the National Socialist Empire of Iraqstan. I know that for both of you this is difficult, as the Führer is a close personal friend, and I commend you upon taking this step regardless.

This is naturally a very important milestone in the history of the Non-Democratic Alliance, and so it is with regret that I say I cannot attend personally; matters of state forbid my travelling upon such short notice.

In my absence, I trust that the Greater Ascendancy's Ambassador to the Non-Democratic Alliance, Suko Arvany, will represent Tsaraine admirably.

Sincerely,

http://shade.jonpearse.net/RSeingult.gif

Iraqstan 23-05-2005 12:43

So this is what it has come too. A call for a review for actions that have largely been beyond my control to administer. My actions reflect badly on the NDA? Perhaps the selective condeming of attrocities made by my esteemed comrades in the NDA should be the main concern of poor public images.

We condem me for retalliating against military targets which I ordere attacks on with regret because I know civillian infrastructure surrounds the cowardly terrorists of the north.

I am condemed for protecting my motherland from terrorist genocide? Why do you not condem the terrorists for destroying badly needed food supplies to the besieged women and children of southern um lizaa who face extermination by the rebels of the north?

Are we to condem me for fighting when diplomacy has failed? Do you forget the terrorists in the past used nuclear weapons against innocent Iraqstanis? you are quick to condem me for my actions taken indefense of my people, yet ignore the actions of terrorists bent on destroying my country.

National Sovreigncy aside, you have not called for any evidence of diplomacy, instead you accuse me of firing before talking.

I will come to this review I will submit my evidence, I will remember the betrayels done to me by people I consider my allies. When the dust finnaly settles I think we will all know which sides who is on and for what reasons.

Iraqstan will remember the day her allies turned on her as will Iraqstan's people.

Message terminated

Dread Lady Nathicana 24-05-2005 00:55
I regret that Iraqstan and more importantly, it's leader, feel that this is a condenmation rather than an opportunity to make clear just what is happening within the nation. If I may repeat and emphasize a passage from my original missive, for clarification:

Our purpose is not to condemn, but to come to an agreement as to what the proper course is, and to offer our ally Iraqstan the opportunity to enlighten us as to their actions of the past while. Until all sides have been heard, it would be irresponsible to choose a final course.

This statement still stands, and is the attitude with which we shall be proceeding with things.

The opportunity is yours to do with as you will. I hope you will illustrate the wisdom you have in the past, and the caring you have for your nation, and come to Unity to represent your evidence so that we all may come to a clearer understanding of the current situation. Communication is a key component to any successful alliance. We are no different in this.

Sincerely,

Large Pretty Spaces 24-05-2005 03:33

Hello, Comrades!

We, the Armed Republic of Large Pretty Spaces (as spoken for by Most Perfect Comrade, the Head of Comrades Thea Valentine) would like to be admitted to the Non-Democratic Alliance. Comrade Ms. Valentine has, in previous weeks, abolished all elections in favor of Her, indeed, Most Perfect rule over our otherwise free and non-agressive nation, and has brought us to new heights of prosperity. Comrade, Leader, Ms. Valentine has relaxed a few of Her iron-fisted (but indeed, a fist full of roses) socialist policies in order to increase the economic stability of our nation, to great effect, while not allowing free enterprise to hinder the abilities of our Comrades to not only survive, but thrive, in an otherwise uncaring world. She understands that this Alliance is already in tumult; however, perhaps Her wisdom may be able to moderate this conflict so that we can truly be a respected force in such a divided world. We hope to hear your instructions soon.

In Comraderie,
Most Perfect Comrade, Ms. Thea Valentine
AR of Large Pretty Spaces

Treznor 24-05-2005 07:16

We thank Ms. Valentine for her interest, and direct her to our application process. We have polled our members as well as the Council, and find that no one is familiar with your nation, let alone speak for its policies or history. We recommend that you initiate direct diplomatic contact with any members interested in new relations so they may evaluate you for sponsorship.

We apologise for the lengthy process for admission, but we find that taking the measure of a prospective member serves us well. If you can convince your sponsor that you are a good match for the alliance, then your patience will serve you well.

On behalf of the High Council of the Non-Democratic Alliance,

Mark Tennenbaum
Treznor Minister of Foreign Affairs
Last edited by Dread Lady Nathicana on Mon May 18, 2009 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Mon May 18, 2009 4:32 pm

Iuthia 28-05-2005 22:06

To: NDA Nations
Subject: re: Review
After much concideration I have chosen a suitable candidate to represent Iuthia during this review and to observe the proceedings as expected of him. While I don't feel that it would be appropriate for Iuthia to take part in any of the judgement, I understand that it's important that we are represented properly in this affair.

I feel that I should echo my previous statements on this, that I don't feel it's my place to question the methods Iraqstan uses to control their populace and police their nation, as a nations national soveriegnity is that nations own concern. However at the same time I understand that the public nature of these methods has resulted in some minor issues and as such it's important to judge how these issues have affected us and what action much be taken to remedy them...

I also feel I should note that the Non-Democratic Alliance has kept this review an internal matter and as far as we know it's not public knowledge that we are looking into this... all messages thus far have been secret as would be expected of us.

It is my hope that everyone understands that this isn't a witch hunt, so much as a review into how this affects us and how we may better control this affect in the future.

- Lord General James deGritz, leader of the Iuthian people
The Benevolent Dictatorship of Iuthia

End Message

[Crappy post I know, but I felt I should say something...]

Kriegorgrad 03-06-2005 12:36

Aelosia 03-06-2005 13:13

She, however, finds more appropiate to talk about this matter directly with both Emperor Devon Treznor and Lady Nathicana, both seniors representatives of nations that have been directly entwined to the idea behind this alliance since the very beginning of it, during their stay in the Sindarin Empire as guests and honored Mentors of the Princess Aliria, about the details and the requisites of joining.

With no more to communicate...
Sincerely

Lady ArchDuchess Celestrianna Paelisi, Imperial Chancellor of the Sacred Sindarin Empire of Aelosia.

The Most Glorious Hack 04-06-2005 04:21

Dread Lady Nathicana 02-10-2005 23:43

After much deliberation and lengthy exchanges, we are pleased to accept the PanNorm of S-14 into the ranks of the Non-Democratic Alliance. We thank the PanNorm for having been so hospitable, and very much look forward to working with them within the framework of our alliance, and otherwise.

Please join us in giving our newest allies, in whom we have every confidence of a long-lasting, fruitful relationship, a warm welcome. We invite the PanNorm to acquire one of the free spaces for an embassy on Unity Island, as well as offer assistance in building the facilities, if required.

With respect,

--Nathicana D’Aquisto, Dread Lady and First Imperatrice of the Dominion

ooc: Many apologies for things having fallen apart. I had hoped to learn more before things ran out of gas, but these things happen. Apologies as well for this having taken so long. Many reasons, none that seem terribly great atm. Also wish to apologize to my allies in general for extended absences and periods of non-activity, even when I’ve been somewhat around. Real Life can be a right bitch. Not gone, hopefully not forgotten, and I do hope we can continue to rp and have fun with things, in spite of bumps along the way. Sorry for missing things here and there - hoping to make it up in the next while. Let me know what I can do.

S-14 03-10-2005 20:23

Thank you, friends, for your assistance. We are proud to assert that the survival and success of the panNorm is now intrinsically linked with your own, and we will make every effort possible to forward our now-shared goals.

With this in mind, the WarCoordinator will assign the currently completed four Fleets of the Fourth OverFleet to NDA centralized defense command immediately for coordination training and assignment.

http://www.weirdozone.0catch.com/pro.../s14/blue1.jpg
AdminCoordinator 67521 of the Blue Mother of Us All
Speaking on behalf of the Mothers of Us All
Coordinated panNorm Hives

#ComRelay CLOSED#

Tsaraine 03-10-2005 20:32

OOC: That sucked almost worse than Power Rangers and Captain Planet *combined* ... and likewise I have no excuses for my terrible showing in the other thread. Please accept my apologies.

The Most Glorious Hack 04-10-2005 02:53

- Calvin "Coolidge" Drzka
The Federated Oligarchy of the Most Glorious Hack

My excuse is that Calvin's not very verbose...

Gehenna Tartarus 08-10-2005 08:16
The Empire of Tartarus and Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Gehenna, formally welcomes the PanNorm into the NDA. It is hoped that this alliance will lead to a good relationship between your nation and the Empire.

Ms Emma Sarie
Foreign Affairs Secretary
For and on behalf of
Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Gehenna of Tartarus

Dread Lady Nathicana 10-10-2005 12:51

OOC: For reference, Iraqstan Review being held HERE for any and all members interested. (Yeah, I know. It's about time. I blame rl issues just getting in the way for lots of us.)

Northrop-Grumman 14-10-2006 17:02
<:: Recipient: Non-Democratic Alliance ::>
<:: Begin Text ::>

Dear members of the Non-Democratic Alliance,

Through our recent dealings with those upon the Martian planet, we have come across an alliance that shares with us the same ideals of free and open trade, is an advocate of national sovereignty, and believes that war is not the only solution to an international incident. We find this alliance to be rather stable and built upon a strong foundation that has allowed it to last these many years. This alliance, of course, is the NDA.

In light of this, the growing desire to become more involved in the international scene, and the wish to be closer with those who share in these ideals, we submit an application for membership of the Northrop-Grumman Corporation into the Non-Democratic Alliance in the hope that one of your members will consider sponsoring us.

We assure you that we have read through and fully agree with all the points contained within your Manifesto, and also we have not had any problems in the past concerning the individual members of the alliance.

Thank you all for your time.

[signed]
General Jonathan O’Neill
Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, and President

[signed]
Siri O’Neill
Chairwoman

<:: Text Ended ::>
<:: Transmission Sent ::>

The Most Glorious Hack 14-10-2006 23:06

The Hack has had precious little interaction with this nation. We've requested data from Elijah on Mercury in regards to their activites on Mercury, but at this point we have very little to go on.

Should it be desired, I can ask Anesca to begin a subtle background checking process to see what we can come up with.

- Calvin "Coolidge" Drzka
The Federated Technocratic Oligarchy of the Most Glorious Hack

End Transmission

Dread Lady Nathicana 26-10-2006 14:53
The request had come as a surprise, but not an unwelcome one. Immediately research was begun, as there had been little or no previous interactions with Northrop-Grumman, and a decision was made that this was indeed worth pursuing.

In addition, a less formal approach was decided on, in the hopes of getting directly to the point, without the usual posturing and such that tended to accompany state visits.
Quote:

Greetings from the Dominion. I wish to thank you for your interest in the Non-Democratic Alliance, and wish to further discuss your ideas and intentions related to your inquiry into membership. I was hoping perhaps we might have the opportunity to perhaps explore the possibilities over dinner? If you are willing, please forward dates you are available to my offices, and we will make the necessary arrangements for just such a meeting. You are of course welcome to stay here in Devras as long as you like – I admit to a bias in saying we have quite a lot to enjoy here once business is taken care of.

Again, thank you for your kind words, and your interest in our alliance. I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Northrop-Grumman 27-10-2006 18:18
The communiqué from the Dominion had been well received by the waiting Chairman, who saw this invitation as an excellent opportunity to discuss this matter. So, in light of this, a response was quickly typed up and sent out from his office within a fairly short time.
Quote:
<:: Recipient: Dread Lady and First Imperatrice Nathicana D’Aquisto – The Dominion ::>
<:: Begin Text ::>

I would like to thank you for your dinner invitation to discuss our interest in membership with the NDA and would be delighted to meet with you over in Devras. I believe that this would be a much better way of going about this instead of these rather impersonal and rather time-consuming messages. And us Grummians typically prefer face-to-face discussion over text and the like.

Now, as for dates that I would be available, I have two fairly light days coming up this weekend, and it should not be difficult to slide those appointments out of the way. Though, if that time does not seem to be suitable, then I could very well make room in the days that have not been filled in my schedule, but that is towards the beginning of the next month. I apologize for the inflexibility in my scheduling, but recent events have made me quite busy in and around Northrop-Grumman, with little time for anything else.

I hope that that time is suitable, and I will be looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,
General Jonathan O’Neill
Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, and President

<:: Text Ended ::>
<:: Transmission Sent ::>

Dread Lady Nathicana 03-11-2006 21:52

It hadn’t taken nearly as long as it was feared to complete the proper investigations, and hold the meetings as promised. Not only that, but the impression the Northrop-Grumman representatives had made was quite a positive one – all the better. It took a bit longer for the sponsorship by the Dominion to go before the council, and to complete talk amongst the other members, but in the end, the answer was clear.
Quote:
It is my pleasure to offer full membership to the Non-Democratic Alliance to the Conglomeration of Northrop-Grumman, and welcome them with open arms into the good company of our other valued allies, whom we thank for their information and input in this decision.

I know that we have been impressed with their handling of matters while under duress, and in their honorable dealings with ourselves, and others, not to mention their hesitation to shoot first and discuss later. All in all, we feel Northrop-Grumman will be an excellent addition to our ranks – please join me in making them officially welcome.

ooc: Get with us online for instructions on how to get to the super-secret lair and other fun goodies associated with the NDA – membership does have it’s privileges. Welcome aboard! ^_^

The Most Glorious Hack 04-11-2006 00:31

That was quick.

Oh, and welcome aboard.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Re: The Non-Democratic Alliance (From Jolt - still open)

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:30 am

To Our Esteemed Members,

It has been some time since we have met to discuss the state of the Alliance, mutual goals, direction, and potential growth as well as assess our various contributions and joint forces.

I would like to get any input each of us has to offer on any points concerning the alliance, our individual activity within it, any concerns that may be present, and if possible, our intentions towards the future. We can go from there once everyone has had an opportunity to respond, and decide as a group what we intend to work towards.

With Respect,

--Nathicana D'Aquisto

ooc: Basically, hoping to get some responses as to what if anything folks would like to do as an alliance, projects you might want alliance assistance with, seeing if membership still suits you, how active you wish to be on things, and perhaps reassess the Council seats if appropriate. Feel free to chime in with whatever and we'll go from there. We've been quiet for a while, and I realize there's a lot of real life things going on, and summer (for some of us) starting up, and a long period of lull on the Jolt forums. In any case, let me know and lets see where we stand, neh?

Treznor
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Treznor » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:11 pm

The Empire of Treznor is available to meet as needed. Please specify when we should meet on Unity Island.

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:51 pm

The Empire of Tartarus is ready and willing to have someone present at any meeting that is called.
Nation name: The Empire of Tartarus
Nationality: Tartarian

Ruler: Her Imperial Majesty, Gehenna, Empress of Tartarus

Northrop-Grumman
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 28, 2003
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Northrop-Grumman » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:32 pm

The Northrop-Grumman Corporation is prepared to send a delegation to attend such a meeting.

Britmattia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Britmattia » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:05 am

The Kingdom is always ready to speak with its allies and will of course dispatch someone appropriate to any such meeting.
A Paladin is no more sane than a man who decides that up is down, and dedicates himself to the preservation of balloons and the destruction of bricks. Nonetheless, there is no breed of man whom I would rather have beside me when the moon is black and the wolves are about. If the Paladin is wrong, then the world is mad, and in an insane world, there is no better police than an army of madmen.

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -3.00 & Social Libertarian: -2.77

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Fri May 21, 2010 8:52 am

To: All Non-Democratic Alliance Member Nations
re: Membership Request
Encryption: NDA Internal Secure-Link

To our Esteemed Allies:

It has come to our attention that membership in the Non-Democratic Alliance is being sought by one Malekith of Naggarond, leader of New Naggoroth. While our dealings with his people have been minimal, they have been polite and pleasant. However, aside from personal relationships with but one Naggarothi, our knowledge of this nation, its leader, and its people is woefully lacking.

We would hope, given previous discussions of a desire to reach out, make new contacts, and perhaps accept new membership, that we would all have an interest in finding out what we can of New Naggoroth, and compiling the information at some point for due consideration. To that end, the Dominion respectfully requests such data to be made available to the council and representatives at large.

In the meantime, we have agreed to meet with their representative to discuss their change in foreign policy concerning previously closed borders and foreign access, and to gather more information. Our only contact with the Naggarothi is the representative who has made the request, and we have no reason to suspect at this time that there is any ulterior motive past what has been offered. We will of course keep you all updated as to our progress and findings, and hope that you will offer the same courtesy.

With Respect,

--Naiya D’Aquisto, Dominion Principessa

Carpathia and Moldova
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carpathia and Moldova » Wed May 04, 2011 4:57 pm

Begin Message

The Empire of Carpathia and Moldova

To: Non-Democratic Alliance leaders

We may be interested in joining your alliance, seeing as we share some common ideals. However, please take note that we lead an internal policy dictated by our millenia old traditions, a policy of militaristic discipline and equality enforced with an iron fist.

We generaly prefer to avoid war when possible, but we respond harshly towards any violation of our or our allies' sovereignty.

We do not tolerate attempts to sabotage our economy or spread dissent amongst our people. As always, we reaffirm our right to rule our nation as we see fit.

These being said, we are now open for negotiations concerning our possible joining of the Non-Democratic Alliance.

- Signed, Prince Vasile Alexandru Cantacuzino, Empire of Carpathia and Moldova

End Message

Treznor
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Treznor » Fri May 06, 2011 10:36 am

TSMIT Broadcaster
Encryption: open standard
Broadcast type: diplomatic
To: Prince Vasile Alexandru Cantacuzino, Empire of Carpathia and Moldova
IDENT: Marcus Treznor - Treznor Imperial Heir

Greetings and welcome to our peer in the Empire of Carpathia and Moldova!

I am writing on behalf of the Non-Democratic Alliance to formally acknowledge receipt of your communication and advise you that your request will be considered by the Ruling Council of our organization. Some background you should be aware of: the NDA is an old alliance, and with the dissolution of previous competitors we have been very quiet for some time. We enjoy significant benefits from our internal trade policies, but the need for taking up arms to defend our allies via the common Joint Forces hasn't happened for a long time. Frankly, the alliance prefers it this way. As my father is saying, "war is bad for business."

The Non-Democratic Alliance is very keen to avoid unnecessary entanglements. Membership is offered through sponsorship of an existing member of good standing, who will themselves vouchsafe for your good reputation. This is not meant as a slight toward anyone, it's simply the means by which the alliance vets its prospective members. It is generally recommended that you privately establish good relations with one of our members, who will then act as your sponsor.

Regrettably, my father stood down from the Ruling Council some time ago, so the Empire of Treznor is no longer directly privy to the Council's internal debates. However, I have it on good authority that your communication is being discussed as we speak, and a recommendation will be made as to which of our members will approach you for more direct negotiations.

Wishing you continued peace and prosperity, I am,

Marcus Treznor, Heir to the Empire of Treznor
<end communication>

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:37 pm

Be it announced that with the dissolution of the Ruling Council, new applications will be accepted as represented or sponsored by any one of our alliance members to be considered by the group as a whole.

Those petitioning for membership should contact the member of their choice to initiate discussions. Please review our Manifesto prior to contact - our intentions and strictures have not changed, though our membership pool has grown and shifted. We stand firm in defense of our methods of rule while respecting the rights of others to do the same.

-- Nathicana D'Aquisto, Dread Lady and First Imperatrice of the Dominion - Proud NDA Member

ooc: Carpathia and Moldovia, I'm not aware that your inquiry went anywhere - please let me know if you are still interested.

Carpathia and Moldova
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carpathia and Moldova » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:08 pm

Official Communique
Allied States Land, Air and Naval Forces Command (ASLAN)
Allied States Of Carpathia And Moldova

--"Live Free Or Die Fighting"--

This is an official declaration from the Allied States Government, the Emperor and the Allied States Land, Air and Naval (ASLAN) High Command.

It has been some time since the last negotiations between the Non-Democratic Alliance and Carpathia and Moldova. Please know that our nation has changed much during the course of the years that passed.

This said, we personally extend this invitation to Nathicana D'Aquisto to visit our country personally and view these changes. Any negotiations that would follow may depend heavily on the current state of our country.

With respect,
Vasile Alexandru Cantacuzino, Emperor of the Allied States of Carpathia and Moldova
Last edited by Dread Lady Nathicana on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:25 pm

To Vasile Alexandru Cantacuzino, Emperor of the Allied States of Carpathia and Moldova:

I would be honored to visit and discuss potential relations and what our nations, and perhaps the alliance, can do for one another. If we can make the necessary arrangements between our security groups, and pass on what methods of travel that can be utilized, that should cover the initial issues. I'll be happy to work around the rest as we go.

Thank you for extending your hospitality - I look forward to our discussions.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates