NATION

PASSWORD

Transformers Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are you excited for the Bumblebee movie?

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes : 48

Seibertron
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Seibertron » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:24 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Victorious Decepticons wrote:Just popping in for the head count.

G1 fanatic here.

I've had (and continue to have) great fun on NS doing a retcon genocide on all the rest, along with everything about G1 that I find ridiculous.

*Gives copy of Kiss Players*

Conovy! Your stick-shift has gotten dirty
Join the Super Robot Mecha Multiverse today!
メリー クリスマス

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:19 am

Seibertron wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:*Gives copy of Kiss Players*

... Bow chikka bow wow!
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

Red Wingsopolis
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Wingsopolis » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:12 pm

do u think they will make a 4th?
red wings all the way!!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
99% of people would cry if Justin Bieber jumped off a building. If you are the 1% who would sit down, grab a popcorn and shout: ''Do a backflip!'' put this in your sig.

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:33 pm

Red Wingsopolis wrote:do u think they will make a 4th?

I hope not.

can't see a good story with the direction Bay took the films.

Magnum Ultra
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Magnum Ultra » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:28 am

i think so
♔||The Grand Empire of Magnum Ultra||♔
♔|| Factbook of Magnum Ultra|| ♔
♔ ||Ultran Resources || Imperial Ordnance Corp.||

New Ziedrich
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby New Ziedrich » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:39 am

Seibertron wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:*Gives copy of Kiss Players*

From YouTube:
SupremeCommander wrote:Everyone who says Bayformers ruined Transformers should listen to this and read the comics

Also, in the related videos field? Something titled "Transformers Yaoi Explicit Content".

I'm out.
Science makes everything better!
“Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.”
"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Seibertron
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Seibertron » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:13 pm

New Ziedrich wrote:

From YouTube:
SupremeCommander wrote:Everyone who says Bayformers ruined Transformers should listen to this and read the comics

Also, in the related videos field? Something titled "Transformers Yaoi Explicit Content".

I'm out.

Luckily YouTube have removed that blasphemy
YouTube wrote:This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy on nudity or sexual content.
Join the Super Robot Mecha Multiverse today!
メリー クリスマス

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:56 pm

I haven't watched Transformers Prime but is it in the same universe as War For Cybertron?
Fan of Transformers?|Fan of Star Trek?|你会说中文吗?
Geopolitics: Internationalist, Pan-Asian, Pan-African, Pan-Arab, Pan-Slavic, Eurofederalist,
  • For the promotion of closer ties between Europe and Russia but without Dugin's anti-intellectual quackery.
  • Against NATO, the Anglo-American "special relationship", Israel and Wahhabism.

Sociopolitics: Pro-Intellectual, Pro-Science, Secular, Strictly Anti-Theocractic, for the liberation of PoCs in Western Hemisphere without the hegemony of white liberals
Economics: Indifferent

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:59 am

The Rich Port wrote:
Chinese Regions wrote:I always wondered what if James Cameron directed Transformers rather than Bay

Interesting question. :blink:

I actually don't know. I assume Cameron would definitely be better (there's a lot of directors that could be better than Michael Bay). Avatar had at least a semblance of purpose, content, and character development, and, dare I say, Titanic was pretty good.

James Cameron is a good Sci-Fi director (Terminator, Alien, Avatar), Transformers, prior to Michael Bay was a Sci-Fi rather than an Action.
Geopolitics: Internationalist, Pan-Asian, Pan-African, Pan-Arab, Pan-Slavic, Eurofederalist,
  • For the promotion of closer ties between Europe and Russia but without Dugin's anti-intellectual quackery.
  • Against NATO, the Anglo-American "special relationship", Israel and Wahhabism.

Sociopolitics: Pro-Intellectual, Pro-Science, Secular, Strictly Anti-Theocractic, for the liberation of PoCs in Western Hemisphere without the hegemony of white liberals

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:26 pm

Will it remain a trilogy? Will it be a reboot?

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:48 am

Chinese Regions wrote:I haven't watched Transformers Prime but is it in the same universe as War For Cybertron?

nope, Prime centers around 5 autobots protecting earth from the Decepticons. from time to time, they will show another autobot but they tend to leave... such as Wheeljack (Leaves to go exploring the stars) cliff jumper (died in the pilot series) of the three humans who 'join' them, the girl tends to be the most annoying.

the stories tho, are, in my opinion, well written. the hatred between Arcee and Black Arachina, and the autobot's attempt to hide on earth are great stories.

tho they did make ratchet kind of a jerk in this one.
opening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsMCi127rik

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:04 pm

JuNii wrote:
Chinese Regions wrote:I haven't watched Transformers Prime but is it in the same universe as War For Cybertron?

nope, Prime centers around 5 autobots protecting earth from the Decepticons. from time to time, they will show another autobot but they tend to leave... such as Wheeljack (Leaves to go exploring the stars) cliff jumper (died in the pilot series) of the three humans who 'join' them, the girl tends to be the most annoying.

the stories tho, are, in my opinion, well written. the hatred between Arcee and Black Arachina, and the autobot's attempt to hide on earth are great stories.

opening

What do you think of animated? People received it as a "kids show" at first, but I think it has been taken really well.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekania » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:00 pm

I've liked Prime... well written. Course it has Orci and Kurtzman at the helm (writers of the first Bay-Formers movie and the Star Trek reboot).... Premier of TF:Prime Season 2 is this Saturday on the Hub btw.

I personally hated TF: Animated.... tried to watch it, and just could not stand it. It was like watching Inspector Gadget meets Pokemon.
Such heroic nonsense!

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:41 am

Chinese Regions wrote:
JuNii wrote:nope, Prime centers around 5 autobots protecting earth from the Decepticons. from time to time, they will show another autobot but they tend to leave... such as Wheeljack (Leaves to go exploring the stars) cliff jumper (died in the pilot series) of the three humans who 'join' them, the girl tends to be the most annoying.

opening

What do you think of animated? People received it as a "kids show" at first, but I think it has been taken really well.

hated it. they wimped out on the transformation scenes. even the first series took time to animate the transformations. btw, looks like transformers 4 will be hitting the Theatres in 2013 or 2014.

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:13 pm

JuNii wrote:
Chinese Regions wrote:What do you think of animated? People received it as a "kids show" at first, but I think it has been taken really well.

hated it. they wimped out on the transformation scenes. even the first series took time to animate the transformations. btw, looks like transformers 4 will be hitting the Theatres in 2013 or 2014.

Shia is apparently not playing Sam any more, do you think he will get replaced or not appear at all?

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:12 pm

Chinese Regions wrote:
JuNii wrote:hated it. they wimped out on the transformation scenes. even the first series took time to animate the transformations. btw, looks like transformers 4 will be hitting the Theatres in 2013 or 2014.

Shia is apparently not playing Sam any more, do you think he will get replaced or not appear at all?

well, they are saying 'it's not a reboot'... so Sam will probably be just living his life. but My question is, what route are they going to take the story? Unicron? Cybertron? or Energon? they now have a 'space bridge' to cybertron. so they could have them going there...

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:07 pm

JuNii wrote:
Chinese Regions wrote:Shia is apparently not playing Sam any more, do you think he will get replaced or not appear at all?

well, they are saying 'it's not a reboot'... so Sam will probably be just living his life. but My question is, what route are they going to take the story? Unicron? Cybertron? or Energon? they now have a 'space bridge' to cybertron. so they could have them going there...

Cybertron was destroyed in Dark of the Moon

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:20 pm

Chinese Regions wrote:
JuNii wrote:well, they are saying 'it's not a reboot'... so Sam will probably be just living his life. but My question is, what route are they going to take the story? Unicron? Cybertron? or Energon? they now have a 'space bridge' to cybertron. so they could have them going there...

Cybertron was destroyed in Dark of the Moon

We don't know that. the space bridge that would've brought it over was destroyed, for all we know, they can easily say that Cybertron was 'shunted' back to it's original spot.

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:50 am

JuNii wrote:
Chinese Regions wrote:Cybertron was destroyed in Dark of the Moon

We don't know that. the space bridge that would've brought it over was destroyed, for all we know, they can easily say that Cybertron was 'shunted' back to it's original spot.

I've realised that Dark of the Moon has some G1 references, Dylan Gould is Shawn Berger from Megatron's Master Plan, the moving of Cybertron near to Earth is from the Ultimate Doom, and if you are right and Cybertron wasn't destroyed then it would be an even better reference.

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:22 pm

There are also references to Armada,mostly in revenge of the fallen. Human sized robots; Alice (Also g1 pretender reference) is a human sized robot like the minicond. Jetfire can combine with Optimus, Jetfire and Wheelie are also faction switchers like Wheeljack, Starscream, Demolisher and Sideways in Armada. Megatron is also a tank and his head points out the front.

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:22 pm

Man, I wish Glen and Maggie were in the sequels, they were the best human characters in the first film imo, better than Sam and Mikaela.

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:34 am

Is transformers 4 real?

Mandicoria
Senator

Founded: Sep 10, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mandicoria » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:13 pm

fan ever since I was a little kid.
silly little creature, she/they
apologies if im like, really aloof. this site has an affect on me.
What if Humanity was as Important as it thought it was... But it turned out to not be a very good thing.
also i rip off warhammer, DOOM, and halo unapologetically
Highly suggest listening to this when reading anything I post about this nation.
A [1.18] civilization, according to this index.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:51 pm

I can't believe that I missed this thread.

ANyway, I'm a fan. When I was a little toddler my older brother always watched this show and well, since he was older I couldn't wrestle the remote control from him. So I had to watch as well. And that's how I became a fan of G1 and such.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:05 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:I can't believe that I missed this thread.

ANyway, I'm a fan. When I was a little toddler my older brother always watched this show and well, since he was older I couldn't wrestle the remote control from him. So I had to watch as well. And that's how I became a fan of G1 and such.

What do you think of Michael Bay's movies

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction