NATION

PASSWORD

Blocking puppet from forum

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Blocking puppet from forum

Postby The Blaatschapen » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:28 pm

Hey all,

Recently I've posted twice with a puppet on the forums while I was not paying attention to which nation I had logged in. Is it somehow possible to make an option in the settings of a nation that would block forum access of it? It would really help my puppets from accidental posting.

I don't know how often this happens to other peole and how much effort this is to implement. So if it doesn't happen that often to people and it's a lot of effort to implement I guess I just have to pay more attention which one of my puppets I have logged in :p

Edit: It would also perhaps help people who are addicted to the forums to prevent themselves from posting when they should be doing better things(if there are better things to do on this world though, I highly doubt it).
Last edited by The Blaatschapen on Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Blaatschapen should resign

The Tommaso Empire
Envoy

Founded: Aug 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tommaso Empire » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:26 pm

The best way to make sure you don't make posts when on a puppet nation is to always check the top left, side bar. it says your nation name and everything. so if you just pay more attention to it i am sure you will never make that mistake again

Hope this helps!
:)

Dyr Nasad
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyr Nasad » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:22 pm

If you have to, you can bring in your main and post "that was me" .... or dont look at the forum with puppets

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:31 pm

Dyr Nasad wrote:If you have to, you can bring in your main and post "that was me" .... or dont look at the forum with puppets

Well, for one of the occasions it was a puppet that I do not want to get known(so there it wouldn't be a solution). The other occasion was fairly obvious and thus it is not needed either :p

And for the not looking on the forum with puppets, I already stated:

I guess I just have to pay more attention which one of my puppets I have logged in :p

So me not paying attention is the reason why it does happen. Simply stating that I should not do it, is, ummmm... very true and obvious, but not helpful in the slightest ;)
The Blaatschapen should resign

Pythagosaurus
Cute Purple Dinosaur

Founded: Nov 24, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Pythagosaurus » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:39 pm

We can forum ban them. 8)

Return to Technical