NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Condemn Rawrgirnia

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Condemn Rawrgirnia

Postby Mahaj » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:43 pm

THE SECURITY COUNCIL,

BEMOANING the date August 21st, 2010, the date when the nation Rawrgirnia came into being,

HEREBY CONDEMNS Rawrgirnia for the following reasons:

RECOGNIZING that from the youthful age of the nation and beyond, the populace of Rawrgirnia has been nice to all,

AWARE that Rawrgirnia has participated in raids of many regions, the majority of which with The Black Hawks and to a lesser extent DEN, including Discordia, Yorkshire, and others, as well as participating in the mass graffiti of regions as part of the aforementioned Hawks,

BEFUDDLED at how nation participating in such villainous activities can have a populace so nice,

AWARE that the politicians of Rawrgirnia are immensely skilled at debating,

NOTING the many great debates between Rawrgirnia and Unibot II, especially during the raid on Yorkshire, and how Rawrgirnia held fast and won some of the debates,

ANGRY at Rawrgirnia for mistreating the greatest defender of the common era, Unibot II,

DISMAYED at Rawrgirnia's switching from defending regions to raiding them,

IN CONCLUSION, for Rawrgirnia's scorn to the greatest defender known, for Rawrgirnia's actions while raiding and their switch from defending to raiding, and for the contradictions in their actions and their populace.

Pretty sure i have a Rule IV violation or two in there, because it wouldn't be a Mahaj proposal without it.

Other than that, this is pretty LOL as you can see, but I would like to go ahead with it and see if it can pass. :)
Last edited by Mahaj on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:47 pm

Mahaj wrote:HEREBY CONDEMNS Rawrgirnia for confusing the world with their contradictions with their actions and the rest of their populace, as well as their mistreatment of the greatest defender currently in existence.

ALL HEIL UNIBURT, DUH BEST NASHINSTAYTS PLAYIR OF FOREVUR
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:51 pm

A mean old man wrote:
Mahaj wrote:HEREBY CONDEMNS Rawrgirnia for confusing the world with their contradictions with their actions and the rest of their populace, as well as their mistreatment of the greatest defender currently in existence.

You make me want to vote for this for the fucking lulz.

Connopolis
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:53 pm

A mean old man wrote:

*Makes blood sacrifice*

Anyways, is the Condemnation serious in its current state, just out of curiosity? I can't really tell, no offense. :(
Last edited by Connopolis on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell
GA Ambassador of the Connopolian Ministry of Foreign Affairs

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:49 pm

Connopolis wrote:*Makes blood sacrifice*

Anyways, is the Condemnation serious in its current state, just out of curiosity? I can't really tell, no offense. :(

Does this look serious to you?

A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Kshrlmnt
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kshrlmnt » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:37 pm

Connopolis wrote:
A mean old man wrote:

*Makes blood sacrifice*

A blood sacrifice... you'd fit in well in Unknown. :P
Elindra Kshrlmnt Dion Diablessa
Lady of Loquacity and Archempress of Unknown

Mistress of the lolcats, Secretary of NS Disney, Author of Ask Ellie, Victim of the illustrious Flag Thief, Member of PETI
She whose name can too be pronounced

Koth - Last Monday at 9:38 AM
I get sad when I offend elindra because I don't intend to yet I will do absolutely nothing to prevent it

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:50 am

Can you actually assert IC (as proposals are supposed to be) that a nation came into existence on the same RL date that it did OOC? A lot of nations have back-stories that would clash IC with this assumption.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:18 am

Bears Armed wrote:Can you actually assert IC (as proposals are supposed to be) that a nation came into existence on the same RL date that it did OOC? A lot of nations have back-stories that would clash IC with this assumption.

I'm actually not sure, but I don't see why not. I'll get a mod ruling.

Connopolis wrote:
A mean old man wrote:

*Makes blood sacrifice*

Kinda. I might change the clauses about Unibot a tad (although i think they're pretty epic right now) and i'm going to add more information about Rawr's raids, and possibly about his switch from raiding to defending.
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:43 am

Bears Armed wrote:Can you actually assert IC (as proposals are supposed to be) that a nation came into existence on the same RL date that it did OOC? A lot of nations have back-stories that would clash IC with this assumption.

I see no problems with it.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:49 am

Crazy girl wrote:

I see no problems with it.

Proposals are supposed to be written so that they can be read IC (as if submitted by agents of a nation), no? IC, 'RP-IC' at least, that assertion would be false information (except in any case where the player of the nation concerned actually does RP their nation as having originated at the same date IC as OOC, which admittedly some do). In fact, under the version of the rules that applies over in the GA I think that t would almost certainly make the proposal illegal under the 'No Meta-gaming' rule.
Are you saying that 'GP-IC' is the only form of 'IC' that applies in the SC?
Last edited by Bears Armed on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:57 am

I thought we'd already been over this here? What a nation roleplays is not relevant to the rules in the SC. A proposal could claim that Bears Armed is populated by sentient frogs - we would not delete if for that.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:01 am

Sedgistan wrote:I thought we'd already been over this here? What a nation roleplays is not relevant to the rules in the SC. A proposal could claim that Bears Armed is populated by sentient frogs - we would not delete if for that.

I see. So how would you apply this ruling in the context of commendation/condemnation proposals that are -- as some already have been -- solely based on RP activities rather than GP? Would the accuracy or otherwise of their claims be officially considered irrelevant?

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:04 am

As long as it follows the SC rules, basically...we don't give a damn. It's up to the delegates and voters to decide if the proposal is full of bs or not.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:45 am

Thank you Mods :)

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:53 am

Crazy girl wrote:As long as it follows the SC rules, basically...we don't give a damn. It's up to the delegates and voters to decide if the proposal is full of bs or not.

Oh well, okay. That seems to me like lower standards than apply in the GA, though...

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:04 am

No, it's allowing WA members to set their own standards for accuracy.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:06 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Crazy girl wrote:As long as it follows the SC rules, basically...we don't give a damn. It's up to the delegates and voters to decide if the proposal is full of bs or not.

Oh well, okay. That seems to me like lower standards than apply in the GA, though...

Considering that individual nations' roleplay cannot be referenced in GA proposals at all, yes, SC standards would be significantly lower...
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:13 am

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:Oh well, okay. That seems to me like lower standards than apply in the GA, though...

Considering that individual nations' roleplay cannot be referenced in GA proposals at all, yes, SC standards would be significantly lower...

*sniggers* Well played sir.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:16 pm

I vote FOR

for the lulz :lol2:
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:21 pm

I prefer Tim as a better turncoat.
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:35 pm

No mention of UDL this time Mahaj? For shame :eek:
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:43 pm

Warzone Codger wrote:I prefer Tim as a better turncoat.

Does that mean that I can have a condemn/commend :lol:

Because then it will be all worth it....
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:00 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Warzone Codger wrote:I prefer Tim as a better turncoat.

Does that mean that I can have a condemn/commend :lol:

Because then it will be all worth it....

No.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:03 am

SO i'm enjoying playing around with this proposal, so redraft!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council