NATION

PASSWORD

[NSNS] When a sinker is born...

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Face Dancers
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 12, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Face Dancers » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:23 pm

Well well well. It seems that TITO are really turning into raiders, and their brainwashing of their members leading to utter blind hate for raiders is totally working. Ignore the fact that various raiders have served honourably in feeder governments, myself included. (as an ex-Magister for The East Pacific) Note that this cowardly TITO troop 10000 Islands member has since deleted his/her messages.

============================================
============================================

Before TITO claims that this troop isn't one of them...

Colonia Gloriae's motto was “See main nation... The Democratic States of Gloria Gentis” . This nation has since changed its flag and motto to hide this fact, and fled Osiris. Gloria Gentis is a member of 10000 Islands, and is a WA member with 69 endorsements. An amazing attempt to cover-up this blunder.

blah blah blah Eist says Gloria Gentis is not a TITO troop, but is a 10000 Islands member... to me.. they are one and the same...
Last edited by The Face Dancers on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:48 pm

The Face Dancers wrote:blah blah blah Eist says Gloria Gentis is not a TITO troop, but is a 10000 Islands member... to me.. they are one and the same...

Really? Sigh. That really is a high wall between the defender/raider world :kiss:
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Kudiovarmia
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kudiovarmia » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:52 pm

If tito's so in the right, then why ban someone trying to build stuff for the community, it just seems to me that their perfectly willing to put their own interests ahead of a newly formed community. They have yet to do ANYTHING other then divide the region and bring in more of their members.

The Face Dancers
Lobbyist

Postby The Face Dancers » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Eist wrote:
The Face Dancers wrote:blah blah blah Eist says Gloria Gentis is not a TITO troop, but is a 10000 Islands member... to me.. they are one and the same...

Really? Sigh. That really is a high wall between the defender/raider world :kiss:

I'm nice to nice defenders. TITO banned my nation in Osiris, Your Mum and Yo Mamma. Very nice of you all.

I made no attempt to cover my raider background as Your Mum and Yo Mamma. The total lack of deceit and the total transparency I offered was of course no shield to stop TITO from banning me, eh?
Last edited by The Face Dancers on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-St George
Senator

Founded: Apr 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:11 pm

The Face Dancers wrote:
Eist wrote:

I'm nice to nice defenders. TITO banned my nation in Osiris, Your Mum and Yo Mamma. Very nice of you all.

I made no attempt to cover my raider background as Your Mum and Yo Mamma. The total lack of deceit and the total transparency I offered was of course no shield to stop TITO from banning me, eh?

Then perhaps come over to Balder where efforts are being made by a large number of people to build a workable community...

that is, if you really were in Osiris to do that.
[19:12] <Amitabho> I mean, a little niggling voice tells me this is impossible, but then my voice of reason kicks in
[21:07] <@Milograd> I totally endorse the unfair moderation.
01:46 Goobergunch I could support StGeorge's nuts for the GOP nomination
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

The Face Dancers
Lobbyist

Postby The Face Dancers » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:15 pm

-St George wrote:
The Face Dancers wrote:

Then perhaps come over to Balder where efforts are being made by a large number of people to build a workable community...

I thought Balder was faring rather well?

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:17 pm

They are, they even have a forums and upcoming free elections for any and all to partake in, unlike Osiris, which is essentially a XKI military puppet state at the moment.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

The Face Dancers
Lobbyist

Postby The Face Dancers » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:25 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:They are, they even have a forums and upcoming free elections for any and all to partake in, unlike Osiris, which is essentially a XKI military puppet state at the moment.

Osiris had and still has forums, created by Kain's group. We were also about to start elections, but we can't do anything because TITO controls the region. TITO's trying to force an election without any of Kain's group in it at all.

http://s11.zetaboards.com/Osiris/index/
Last edited by The Face Dancers on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-St George
Senator

Founded: Apr 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:25 pm

The Face Dancers wrote:
-St George wrote:Then perhaps come over to Balder where efforts are being made by a large number of people to build a workable community...

I thought Balder was faring rather well?
Evil Wolf wrote:They are, they even have a forums and upcoming free elections for any and all to partake in, unlike Osiris, which is essentially a XKI military puppet state at the moment.
This, although FENDAH UNITY demands I disagree with EW, support TITO and challenge TFD to a duel.
[19:12] <Amitabho> I mean, a little niggling voice tells me this is impossible, but then my voice of reason kicks in
[21:07] <@Milograd> I totally endorse the unfair moderation.
01:46 Goobergunch I could support StGeorge's nuts for the GOP nomination
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

Leviathan Romefeller
Lobbyist

Founded: May 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Leviathan Romefeller » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:42 pm

Lemme get this straight. One group came in, started building forums, got popular support, was working on elections. Then the other group comes in and says those people building are the bad guys?

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:45 pm

That's TITO for you. They'd invade a Crasher region and ban all the Crashers in it in the interests of "protecting the natives".

Ginet
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 20, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Ginet » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:48 pm

But, but, but, aren't they protecting us from foreign imperialism?

:rofl:

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:52 pm

Leviathan Romefeller wrote:Lemme get this straight. One group came in, started building forums, got popular support, was working on elections. Then the other group comes in and says those people building are the bad guys?

I think between Kain and I, we haven't had much sleep. I am just glad some progress is starting to be made.
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:07 pm

The WA Delegate has the right to ban whom he wishes, he is elected, doesnt matter how he's elected, he's elected and has the power to an whomever he wants

Glad to see Francoism is alive and well. :roll:
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor (Ret.)
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Ideological Bulwark #16
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Rules: GA SC
NS Game Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:11 pm

Hmm, Lazarus always seemed to have activity problems. Taking their feed and dividing it into three seems to me we'll three times the regions with three times the inactivity. Hopefully I'm wrong. And luckily, I'll never have to admit I was because the new guys boost in activity will last far past the point when I'm not around anymore.
AKA Weed

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Goobergunchia wrote:
The WA Delegate has the right to ban whom he wishes, he is elected, doesnt matter how he's elected, he's elected and has the power to an whomever he wants

Ah yes, unless that person just so happens to be a raider, or, gods forbid, a dirty pro-raider, then they need to be removed no matter what the cost. I mean, they could start banning people!

Cerberion
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2010
Corporate Police State

Postby Cerberion » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:15 pm

My, I wonder how the story would have read if Kain had gotten enough Endo's.

Moreover, I wonder what the WFE would have read?
Bet you I know what the flag would have looked like.

So interesting how attitudes change from thread to thread. If Kain was in the seat would there have been a thread similar to TPC Poetically invaded? A thread gloating over the triumph of NBE's subjugation of Osiris? I think perhaps the answer to that is "very likely".

But of course, every time things go awry it's some wonderfully high moral stand taken by the invader group, about how they were helping the community and how evil TITO are.

Same old rhetoric, from the same old faces. It's almost comforting in it's predictability.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:19 pm

And yet for all that assuming, we will never know. You know why? Because TITO ran in and took the region over to "protect it" that's why.

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:24 pm

Cerberion wrote:My, I wonder how the story would have read if Kain had gotten enough Endo's.

So interesting how attitudes change from thread to thread. If Kain was in the seat would there have been a thread similar to TPC Poetically invaded? A thread gloating over the triumph of NBE's subjugation of Osiris? I think perhaps the answer to that is "very likely".

But of course, every time things go awry it's some wonderfully high moral stand taken by the invader group, about how they were helping the community and how evil TITO are.

Same old rhetoric, from the same old faces. It's almost comforting in it's predictability.

I don't really revel in what ifs, and things are pretty much settled. We set up the forum, appoint an interim delegate and hold elections.
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:25 pm

Goobergunchia wrote:

Damn right.

The Face Dancers
Lobbyist

Postby The Face Dancers » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:26 pm

Cerberion wrote:My, I wonder how the story would have read if Kain had gotten enough Endo's.

Preemptive Retaliation. You didn't wait for things to go awry before you interfered, you assumed that once Kain had power, that would happen. Because all raiders and pro-raiders are scum and monsters that cannot be trusted at all. You're just horribly brainwashed, it's true, it's true!

Cerberion
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2010
Corporate Police State

Postby Cerberion » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:27 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:And yet for all that assuming, we will never know. You know why? Because TITO ran in and took the region over to "protect it" that's why.

And clearly my allegiance shows which I think better.

So we've got assumptions about what Kain would have done, and assumptions about what TITO is doing and going to do.

It's a bit premature to be definitive about what will happen.

Still, it's providing plenty of entertainment.e

Kudiovarmia
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kudiovarmia » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:27 pm

Cerberion wrote:Same old rhetoric, from the same old faces. It's almost comforting in it's predictability.

How is it the same old faces? No one asked for Tito to come to Osiris, and Kain has popular support Tito even admitted its main goal is to remove Kain (and anyone who said they approve of him it seems). how is that defending democracy if your only stated goal is to silence the other voices in the region? Or is this somehow Tito can do no wrong ever because humans never make mistakes? (unless of course your arguing they are not human)

Perhaps Tito would just like Osiris to forfeit liberty for a safe and secure society where they can be its big brother?

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:28 pm

We should of all gone with Revert. If you noticed Kain, you would of noticed Revert. And the drama of raider/defender wars would be mostly avoided..
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

The Face Dancers
Lobbyist

Postby The Face Dancers » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:29 pm

Cerberion wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:And yet for all that assuming, we will never know. You know why? Because TITO ran in and took the region over to "protect it" that's why.

And clearly my allegiance shows which I think better.

So we've got assumptions about what Kain would have done, and assumptions about what TITO is doing and going to do.

It's a bit premature to be definitive about what will happen.

Still, it's providing plenty of entertainment.e

Bullshit. TITO has come in and banned a whole host of people supporting Kain on the assumption that we were about to do harm. That (the bannings) is not an assumption.

Warzone Codger wrote:We should of all gone with Revert. If you noticed Kain, you would of noticed Revert. And the drama of raider/defender wars would be mostly avoided..

TITO should have, but they didn't.
Last edited by The Face Dancers on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay