NATION

PASSWORD

Em-Labs Biotech: All Techs Allowed

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
The shee species
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Em-Labs Biotech: All Techs Allowed

Postby The shee species » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:20 am

Greetings valued customers. Welcome to Em-Labs biotech, supplying norns, ettins, grendels and other gene-spliced creatures nationwide in albia. Now, opening internationally!
Here at em-labs we use highly advanced equipment, skilled workers, and great security precautions to bring genetic alteration to YOU people of nationstates. Order today.

Products:

Norn- Cyberlifogenis cutis
Norns, a race of sweet-tempered, gentle and relatively obedient creatures are one of the first major experiments in GM by primitive shee. They are often used as pets, or as status symbols in shee culture. They are quite loyal to their owners, and breed true. To order norns, pay one hundred and fifty dollars or equivalent in a stable currency each, not counting extra traits, each of which adds twenty dollars to the price.

Height: between two and three feet
Weight: four pounds
Brainpower: Approximately that of a well-trained dog
Diet: Ranges from natural fruit and seeds, to processed food, to small insects and mammals.
Reproduction: Eggs, tended to and cared for once they hatch, but the offspring aren’t nursed.

Orderable traits
Hair Color:
Fur Color:
Eye Color:
Ear Shape:
Tail Length: min-no tail/max-two feet
Number of fingers: min-two-one-thumb/max-four-one-thumb

Extra Traits
Other traits regarding appearance:
Other traits regarding biologic function: I.E.-behavior, diet, ect.

Ettin- Cyberlifogenis kleptomonicus

Ettins where created as workers, with an instinctive understanding of many ideas of construction, and almost hive-like obedience to their owners, meaning they will work in huge swarms to assemble anything from cars, to houses, to weapons. Their only disadvantages are lifespan, often only three years at most, and a strange habit of nicking electronic stuff left lying around. We’re not really sure why. They cost a nice even one hundred dollars or equivalent in a stable currency each, not counting extra traits, each of which adds twenty dollars to the price.

Height: between one and two feet
Weight: three pounds
Brainpower: Limited personal sapience, but they possess instinctual understanding of many ideas for machinery
Diet: Mostly processed food, can eat wild-grown plants however
Reproduction: Eggs, laid and ignored

Orderable traits
Hair Color:
Fur Color:
Eye Color:

Extra Traits

Grendel- Cyberlifogenis cutis
Grendels are rather bad-tempered predatory creatures produced due to an accident before the founding of the company. However, as many shee have found them a useful source of leather, meat, and guard-dog-like defense, we now sell them. Be warned. In event of a grendel going on the rampage we at em-labs legally give up all responsibility once we sell grendels. They cost two-hundred dollars, not counting extra traits which add twenty dollars, offer only valid if your country doesn't ban import of dangerous animals.

Height: five feet tall, seven feet long
Weight: ten pounds
Brainpower: About that of a lemur although more aggressive and social
Diet: For preference, meat although they can also eat plants if they have to. They don’t like to however.
Reproduction: Eggs, tended to and cared for once they hatch, but the offspring aren’t nursed rather being fed on regurgitated food similar to many birds.

Orderable traits
Color of horn:
Scale Color:
Eye Color:
Ear Shape:
Tail Length: min-one foot/max-four feet
Bone armor on back: Y/N
Small tufts of hair below ears in color of horn: Y/N

Extra Traits
Obsessive loyalty to owner: Y/N
Sheds skin allowing harvesting for leather: Y/N

More creatures as well as a section of biotech enhancements coming soon. Storefront open now!

Walrusfolk Eurarcta
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Walrusfolk Eurarcta » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:31 am

Dear Em-Labs Biotech,

We are interested in the Grendels, as they would be a welcome addition to our Labyrinths! And we are also interested in the Ettins, possibly. Are they able to do the type of construction required to build our underground Labyrinths?

Sincerely,
Jesus MacLopez,
Grandmaster of the Labyrinth Builders' Guild
Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=137019
Seriousness is a Sin to my people! RP-ing a very erratically cultured people, bound to cause conflict somehow. I am RP-ing a race of walrus-people. If you do not like this fact, then just imagine them as jolly fat people with mustaches. It's basically the same thing anyway.
Madness is the Key. Arson should be legalized, and robbing stagecoaches is good for the economy.

The shee species
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The shee species » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:33 am

Walrusfolk Eurarcta wrote:Dear Em-Labs Biotech, We are interested in the Grendels, as they would be a welcome addition to our Labyrinths!

How many do you require in for this, and do you want them to have any unique adaptations added as part of their genetic modification.

Walrusfolk Eurarcta wrote:And we are also interested in the Ettins, possibly. Are they able to do the type of construction required to build our underground Labyrinths?

Assuming that said "Labyrinths" are simply mazes with monsters and traps, than it seems quite likely ordinary ettins could be used effectively in their construction and repair.

We are quite happy to do business with you Jesus MacLopez,
Grandmaster of the Labyrinth Builders' Guild.

Walrusfolk Eurarcta
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Walrusfolk Eurarcta » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:37 pm

With this in mind I would like to propose this following order:

200 of the Grendels, looking for both ferocity as well as individuality.

Color of horn: Random
Scale Color: Random
Eye Color: Random
Ear Shape: Random
Tail Length: Random
Bone armor on back: Yes
Small tufts of hair below ears in color of horn: Either

We would like 300 of the Ettins, and specifically would like any genetic enhancements you see fit for survival in arctic and subterranean environments. All of the "orderable traits" are preferred to be randomized.

Thanks for the trade in Monsters,
Jesus MacLopez, Grandmaster of the Labyrinth Builders' Guild
Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=137019
Seriousness is a Sin to my people! RP-ing a very erratically cultured people, bound to cause conflict somehow. I am RP-ing a race of walrus-people. If you do not like this fact, then just imagine them as jolly fat people with mustaches. It's basically the same thing anyway.
Madness is the Key. Arson should be legalized, and robbing stagecoaches is good for the economy.

The shee species
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The shee species » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:51 am

Walrusfolk Eurarcta wrote:With this in mind I would like to propose this following order:

200 of the Grendels, looking for both ferocity as well as individuality.

Color of horn: Random
Scale Color: Random
Eye Color: Random
Ear Shape: Random
Tail Length: Random
Bone armor on back: Yes
Small tufts of hair below ears in color of horn: Either

Randomized Grendels:
ImageImageImageImage
The idea of strange grendels for usage as maze hazards has been though out, determined to be a good one and the grendel DNA samples have been recoded. Here, we offer a few of our custom gendels based on your request. Each grendel sells for two hundred dollars. If these terms are acceptable, please place your order.

Walrusfolk Eurarcta wrote:We would like 300 of the Ettins, and specifically would like any genetic enhancements you see fit for survival in arctic and subterranean environments. All of the "orderable traits" are preferred to be randomized.

Thanks for the trade in Monsters,
Jesus MacLopez, Grandmaster of the Labyrinth Builders' Guild

Arctic ettins:
Based on a mix of DNA from several arctic animals from both earth and albia, our arctic ettins, or yettins are normal ettins adapted for icy conditions. Due to their modifications, they will cost one hundred and twenty dollars each. If these terms are acceptable, please place your order.

Bugs Realm
Attaché

Founded: Apr 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bugs Realm » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:51 am

We, bugs realm would like to request a new norn breed.

Hair Color: Dark blue
Fur Color: White with dark blue patterns
Eye Color: Light blue
Ear Shape: Rounded
Tail Length: min-no tail/max-two feet One foot
Number of fingers: min-two-one-thumb/max-four-one-thumb Three fingers, one thumb

Extra Traits
Other traits regarding appearance: N/A
Other traits regarding biologic function: I.E.-behavior, diet, ect. Some degree of ability of biologic sonar similar to a dolphin, bat or xenomorph.
http://map.esusalliance.co.uk/system.php?x=467&y=467&z=2&s=Fionnula
Want to RPG in my realm? Come on here.... all tech welcome....

The shee species
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The shee species » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:03 am

Is this "porcelain" norn suitable?
Porcelain norn prototype hatching.

If so, the cost will be one-hundred-and-seventy dollars per specimen due to the sonar upgrade. Thank you for your interest in Em-Lab™ products.

Bugs Realm
Attaché

Founded: Apr 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bugs Realm » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:30 pm

Your new "porcelain" norn is perfect. We would like to request twenty males and twenty females, preferably of breeding age. They will make very popular pets once we get a breeding population going.
http://map.esusalliance.co.uk/system.php?x=467&y=467&z=2&s=Fionnula
Want to RPG in my realm? Come on here.... all tech welcome....

Yilane
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Yilane » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:24 pm

Due to our interest in biotech we would like to request the fallowing creature:

New Grendel Breed
Color of horn: Dark golden-yellow
Scale Color: Molted dark green
Eye Color: Red
Ear Shape: Pointed
Tail Length: Four feet
Bone armor on back: No
Small tufts of hair below ears in color of horn: Yes

Extra Traits
Other traits regarding appearance: Fleshy growths on the skin, think the Dragonology books dragons for artistic inspiration.
Other traits regarding biologic function: Purely predatory diet
Obsessive loyalty to owner: No thanks OOC: How do you do that anyway?
Sheds skin allowing harvesting for leather: Yes

Further breeds may be requested later.

The shee species
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The shee species » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:25 pm

Bugs Realm wrote:Your new "porcelain" norn is perfect. We would like to request twenty males and twenty females, preferably of breeding age. They will make very popular pets once we get a breeding population going.

The specimens have been shipped. Arrival is likely to be within a week.
Thank you for your interest in pet norns.

Yilane wrote:Due to our interest in biotech we would like to request the fallowing creature:

New Grendel Breed
Color of horn: Dark golden-yellow
Scale Color: Molted dark green
Eye Color: Red
Ear Shape: Pointed
Tail Length: Four feet
Bone armor on back: No
Small tufts of hair below ears in color of horn: Yes

Extra Traits
Other traits regarding appearance: Fleshy growths on the skin, think the Dragonology books dragons for artistic inspiration.
Other traits regarding biologic function: Purely predatory diet
Obsessive loyalty to owner: No thanks OOC: How do you do that anyway?
Sheds skin allowing harvesting for leather: Yes

Further breeds may be requested later.

Is this breed ideal for your needs?

Yilane
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Yilane » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:28 pm

The shee species wrote:
Is this breed ideal for your needs?

This is quite different than what we expected, but it is perfect for us. We would like to request ten males and ten females, preferably shipped as eggs.

P.S. Do you have anywhere where we could buy plants of the sort that would be found in the grendel's normal biome?

South East Europe
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby South East Europe » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:00 pm

Hair Color: Blue
Fur Color: Purple
Eye Color: Pink
Ear Shape: Heart
Tail Length: two feet
Number of fingers: four fingers and one thumb

Extra Traits
Other traits regarding appearance: none
Other traits regarding biologic function: must be able to speak english, must be able to digest precious metals and gems and nothing else, ears and tail must change colors depending on what it eats

We want 15000 norns, 13000 of them to be female and 2000 of them to be male but act female.
Last edited by South East Europe on Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a transgirl in her mid-twenties with multiple disabilities, my name is Maria and my pronouns are female ones.

The shee species
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The shee species » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:20 pm

South East Europe wrote:Hair Color: Blue
Fur Color: Purple
Eye Color: Pink
Ear Shape: Heart
Tail Length: two feet
Number of fingers: four fingers and one thumb

Extra Traits
Other traits regarding appearance: none
Other traits regarding biologic function: must be able to speak english, must be able to digest precious metals and gems and nothing else, ears and tail must change colors depending on what it eats

We want 15000 norns, 13000 of them to be female and 2000 of them to be male but act female.

We apologize for our inability to add the power to eat
precious metals and gems and nothing else
so we threw in the butterfly wings as condolence. We hope they will still be O.K. and are willing to offer them at half-price.

Legionica
Ambassador

Founded: May 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Legionica » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:03 pm

To Whom It Might Concern,

We here at Legionica are quite interested with the science of genetics and the breeding of rare animals, having come into contact with intelligent tribes of these creatures in our travels. Seeing your sublime creations and work, we wish to formally congratulate your industry with the Legionican Medal of Scientific Excellence, a great honor among the scientific minds of the Legionican sphere of influence.

Also, our scientists have become quite attached to the thought of setting up a firm and laboratory here in Romanius, so that our people may significantly benefit from the sale and production of these wonderful Norns, Ettins, and Grendels. Whatever price it will take to set up an operation here, I am willing to pay from the Economic Luxuries budget.

Long live the Caesar,

Professor Alexei Genevarius
Head of Scientific Stimulus Department
Romanius, Grand Empire of Legionica

My, I am so thankful I came across this thread! I'm a huge fan of the Creatures series, having owned every single game, even Playground. I'd be interested to talk to you in length about this subject, should you be willing.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade