NATION

PASSWORD

Your first love

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

How old were you when you first fell in love?

10 or younger
13%
11-12
12%
13-15
34%
16-19
33%
20-25
5%
26 or older
3%

Total votes : 273

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:25 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:My hand.

Love at first sight, I see?
The Elven Kingdom of Amador
TETly Father of TETism and 18-year NS vet
|| All things II RP-related || Military Worldbuilding || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Discord: nstiami || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

The United City-States
Attaché

Founded: Sep 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The United City-States » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:26 pm

I was 12 when I first fell in love. Problem? She was sleeping with someone else. She told me after I thought we were together. She had considered me just a friend, but had fooled me into thinking we were together. There's more to it, but I'd rather not go there. Still stings a little.
Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses
(98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.)

Isolated China
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Isolated China » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:26 pm

Derscon wrote:
Dakini wrote:Yeah, that's the life of a 15 year old. :P

Seriously though, don't worry about it. You have your whole life to date and have fun. Just relax and do your own thing because you enjoy it. Spend your teenage years trying new things and developing into an interesting adult.

Also, nothing turns people off like desperation. So just go about your life, hang out with your friends, do activities you enjoy. If they're social activities you might meet someone interesting who you hit it off with, but if your goal is primarily to have fun and enjoy yourself (or learn something new) then it won't matter if you do meet someone special or not.

^^ Everything Dakini says is true.

Isolated China wrote:

1. Still owned by the family
2. "bare minimum?"
3. There we go. This is a legitimate reason to think life sucks.

But there are literally hundreds of millions of people worse off than you who live not just neutral, but happy lives. At least you've got some scars to back up your cynicism, though.

Yup. And others that if I mentioned, I'm fairly sure I'd start up a blog on Nationstates. And by bare minimum, I mean enough not to die. But just not enough to be feeled and not be hungry sometimes.
Anyways, I just think it sucks cause of the way people act. Some people can be soooo irritating.

Dakini wrote:
Isolated China wrote:Nah. You just figure out after a while life sucks. Growing up only changes your views. But either way, it still sucks.

Yeah, that's the life of a 15 year old. :P

Seriously though, don't worry about it. You have your whole life to date and have fun. Just relax and do your own thing because you enjoy it. Spend your teenage years trying new things and developing into an interesting adult.

Also, nothing turns people off like desperation. So just go about your life, hang out with your friends, do activities you enjoy. If they're social activities you might meet someone interesting who you hit it off with, but if your goal is primarily to have fun and enjoy yourself (or learn something new) then it won't matter if you do meet someone special or not.

Well, I'm more almost 14. In about a month I'll be 14. But true. Already tried dating once. Didn't work out so well. Turns out she lied about liking me, made up something to break up, then changed her phone number and stopped talking to me. Then went out with her friend, who happened to be in a class me and her had together.

Anyways, I'm guessing you've passed through such stage?
Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.
- Lao Tzu
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
- Sun Tzu
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
- Chinese Proverb
If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.
- Chinese Proverb

Self-Declared Grammar Communist of the World
TG Box is open for discussing, help, or just flat-out conversation. Feel free to message me anytime!
Oh and I'm back.

The Merchant Republics
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Merchant Republics » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:27 pm

The United City-States wrote:I was 12 when I first fell in love. Problem? She was sleeping with someone else. She told me after I thought we were together. She had considered me just a friend, but had fooled me into thinking we were together. There's more to it, but I'd rather not go there. Still stings a little.

Say what?

I'm not that sheltered am I? That seems massively low.
Last edited by The Merchant Republics on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your Resident Gentleman and Libertarian; presently living in the People's Republic of China, which is if anyone from the Party asks "The Best and Also Only China".
Christian Libertarian Autarchist: like an Anarchist but with more "Aut".
Social: Authoritarian/Libertarian (-8.55)
Economic: Left/Right (7.55)
We are the premiere of civilization, the beacon of liberty, the font of prosperity and the ever illuminating light of culture in this hellish universe.
In short: Elitist Wicked Cultured Free Market Anarchists living in a Diesel-Deco World.

Now Fearing: Mandarin Lessons from Cantonese teachers.
Factbook (FT)|Art Gallery|Embassy Program

Tiami
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:27 pm

The Merchant Republics wrote:
The United City-States wrote:I was 12 when I first fell in love. Problem? She was sleeping with someone else. She told me after I thought we were together. She had considered me just a friend, but had fooled me into thinking we were together. There's more to it, but I'd rather not go there. Still stings a little.

Say what?

She was probably older than twelve.

Isolated China
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolated China » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:28 pm

Say what?

Considering there was a 5th grader I saw the other day who threw away a used condom, and was taking the pill, its not suprising these days.
Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.
- Lao Tzu
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
- Sun Tzu
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
- Chinese Proverb
If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.
- Chinese Proverb

TG Box is open for discussing, help, or just flat-out conversation. Feel free to message me anytime!
Oh and I'm back.

The Merchant Republics
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Merchant Republics » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:28 pm

:unsure:
Tiami wrote:
Say what?

I dearly hope so.

Or else my worldview is getting screwy.
Your Resident Gentleman and Libertarian; presently living in the People's Republic of China, which is if anyone from the Party asks "The Best and Also Only China".
We are the premiere of civilization, the beacon of liberty, the font of prosperity and the ever illuminating light of culture in this hellish universe.
In short: Elitist Wicked Cultured Free Market Anarchists living in a Diesel-Deco World.

Isolated China
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolated China » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:29 pm

Tiami wrote:
Say what?

Or maybe she really was twelve. Ya never know! :p
- Lao Tzu
- Sun Tzu
- Chinese Proverb
- Chinese Proverb

Oh and I'm back.

The Merchant Republics
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Merchant Republics » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:31 pm

Isolated China wrote:
Tiami wrote:She was probably older than twelve.

Sure. It's just 12?

My gosh, that pre-high school. I would have thought 15-16 was the pretty much the minimum.

Tiami
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:31 pm

The Merchant Republics wrote::unsure:

I dearly hope so.

My worldview was already like that.

I hope so, too.

The United City-States
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The United City-States » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:32 pm

She was 15, I was 12. The guy was older. Much older
(98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.)

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:32 pm

So far, notta. I never have ever felt the feeling and I'm 17. I'll likely go on my first date durring college, seeing how there is not a single female in the school I would ever think of dating. Conservatives, e.e.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

LoL island
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby LoL island » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:33 pm

The Merchant Republics wrote::unsure:

I dearly hope so.

Worlds never been right... the Internet didn't help
Last edited by LoL island on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LOLISM WILL NEVER VANISH!
Intelligence & Reason over Fear & Fervor
Resident Bullshit Detector, Idea Factory, and Unoffical Council Member as well as the Unofficial Announcer Guy of FoG
I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God
I BEAT THE 10 HOUR CHALLENGE! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Is good sex, comfortable shoes, and a warm place to go to the bathroom too much to ask for?
Economic Left/Right: -6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.77

Tiami
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:34 pm

Isolated China wrote:

That would be wrong.

The United City-States
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The United City-States » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:35 pm

1000 Cats wrote:
Alexlantis wrote:Damn. I'm sorry, dude. Really sincerely sorry, like the kind of sorry that can't go over the internet.

Hope life's going well for you.

Oh, it is. It's been well over a decade since, and my romantic life is quite healthy indeed. I did have a little bit of a breakdown when I realized that a potentially very important chunk of my autobiographical memory was blank, but I've since learned to not worry about it. Thank you for your consideration. :hug:

Yeah, when I read this, I got emotional too. I'm really sorry man, I hate to hear that happen to you, I hate that that happens to anybody. It's good to hear you're coping; if I was in your situation..... don't even want to go there. I'm sorry that happened.

LoL island
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby LoL island » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:35 pm

Tiami wrote:
Isolated China wrote:Or maybe she really was twelve. Ya never know! :p

That would be wrong.

i believe that goes without saying
Resident Bullshit Detector, Idea Factory, and Unoffical Council Member as well as the Unofficial Announcer Guy of FoG
I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God
Is good sex, comfortable shoes, and a warm place to go to the bathroom too much to ask for?

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:36 pm

AETEN II wrote:So far, notta. I never have ever felt the feeling and I'm 17. I'll likely go on my first date durring college, seeing how there is not a single female in the school I would ever think of dating. Conservatives, e.e.

Pretty sure there is a simple solution to that: do not bring up politics. Ever.
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Tiami
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:36 pm

LoL island wrote:
Tiami wrote:That would be wrong.

i believe that goes without saying

Apparently.

The United City-States
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The United City-States » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:36 pm

The United City-States wrote:She was 15, I was 12. The guy was older. Much older

And ya'll made a good point; I'm not sure today's society helps

LoL island
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby LoL island » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:39 pm

The United City-States wrote:
The United City-States wrote:She was 15, I was 12. The guy was older. Much older

No, No, i believe statutory rape is illegal in most societies, not just today's

The United City-States
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The United City-States » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:41 pm

LoL island wrote:

And statutory rape was the charge on the guy. They cared about each other, too. Fun times :(

Communal Ecotopia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Communal Ecotopia » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:47 pm

Drekka wrote:
The Mechanan Race wrote:I don't mean to be cruel or anything, but that must have sucked.

Happened to me. Ruined a friendship

Wonder which is worse...that or not having the courage at 18 to tell my first love (she was 20) that she was? Though we were never...umm...physically intimate (gotta keep the Mods happy with the kiddies floating around!), I suspect that we were emotionally, mentally, and spiritually closer than most couples we knew. We keep in touch a little, but I'm still a little worried that if we talked too long, I'd spill it. Yeah...over ten years and a major relationship (which started very well and ended very badly for entirely unrelated circumstances) later, I still have feelings for her.
Political Compass -10, -9.28

LoL island
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby LoL island » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:50 pm

LoL island wrote:

And statutory rape was the charge on the guy. They cared about each other, too. Fun times :(

no, actually the charge would be given all but the youngest, consitering i highly doubt anyone involved was at age of consent

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:50 pm

I met the first true love of my life at age 17.

We went out for about 2 years and then went our seperate ways, mostly my fault.

She is the only one who i have not been able to find on the internet. She is the only one who knew me when i was still relatively innocent. and she is the only one who i have not talked to recently who i would like to chat with.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

The United City-States
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The United City-States » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:52 pm

Communal Ecotopia wrote:
Drekka wrote:

Happened to me. Ruined a friendship

Wonder which is worse...that or not having the courage at 18 to tell my first love (she was 20) that she was? Though we were never...umm...physically intimate (gotta keep the Mods happy with the kiddies floating around!), I suspect that we were emotionally, mentally, and spiritually closer than most couples we knew. We keep in touch a little, but I'm still a little worried that if we talked too long, I'd spill it. Yeah...over ten years and a major relationship (which started very well and ended very badly for entirely unrelated circumstances) later, I still have feelings for her.

Love dies hard. I still care about someone from several years ago that I loved deeply; She never knew that I loved her. She stopped talking to me several years ago, and I never got to tell her, and I probably never will. I know how you feel. It hurts. A lot.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General