NATION

PASSWORD

Transformers Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are you excited for the Bumblebee movie?

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes : 48

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:52 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Natvia wrote:
Opinions by their very definition cannot be "correct." Anyone who says otherwise is living proof of that.

I happen to dig them quite a bit. They have no pretentions of being any more than they are. Live action cartoons.

Thing is, the cartoons had more meat than the movies. Ya know... Character development. No humans. Suspense.

I would never dare to compare the 80's cartoon to the movies.

Actually the Cartoon had humans its just that even Daniel, despite being a whiny little bitch who had a seriously weird brother/sister body sharing realtionship with Arcee, was 100x more likable than Sam.

Favourite characters of mine would be Ironhide, Jazz and Wheeljack competing with Grimlok.

But from the comics i did love Death's Head.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Seibertron
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Seibertron » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:30 pm

Crookfur wrote:Actually the Cartoon had humans its just that even Daniel, despite being a whiny little bitch who had a seriously weird brother/sister body sharing realtionship with Arcee, was 100x more likable than Sam

I disagree, Daniel was even worse in the Japanese series afterwards, he and Wheelie would just do stupid stuff like sneaking aboard the Autobot ship, getting drunk on Energon and messing up plans
Join the Super Robot Mecha Multiverse today!
メリー クリスマス

Natvia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 06, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Natvia » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Seibertron wrote:
Crookfur wrote:Actually the Cartoon had humans its just that even Daniel, despite being a whiny little bitch who had a seriously weird brother/sister body sharing realtionship with Arcee, was 100x more likable than Sam

I disagree, Daniel was even worse in the Japanese series afterwards, he and Wheelie would just do stupid stuff like sneaking aboard the Autobot ship, getting drunk on Energon and messing up plans

Danny was pretty damned stupid in the Japanese series. Though hilariously so. He's almost like an unintentional parody of annoying kid sidekicks.

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:13 am

I just like the fact that in the 1986 movie, Optimus Prime, Ratchet, Ironhide all die and only Jazz and Bumblebee survive.

and in the first Micheal Bay film, Bumblebee is seriously hurt and Jazz died.

and one note... Scatman Crothers, the original voice of Jazz died after the 1986 movie... so I view the death of Jazz by Megatron's hand to be somewhat fitting.
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekania » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:43 am

JuNii wrote:I just like the fact that in the 1986 movie, Optimus Prime, Ratchet, Ironhide all die and only Jazz and Bumblebee survive.

and in the first Micheal Bay film, Bumblebee is seriously hurt and Jazz died.

and one note... Scatman Crothers, the original voice of Jazz died after the 1986 movie... so I view the death of Jazz by Megatron's hand to be somewhat fitting.

Well, to be fair it makes sense, the commercial purpose for Hasbro for the '86 movie, was to pretty much wipe out the entire 84 and 85 toy line; because the new one would be composed of all new characters. The movie was for kids to watch the death of their entire TF toy collection... the Bay film didn't necessarily need to kill off anyone, since they didn't have to destroy any toy lines in the making of it.
Such heroic nonsense!

The only dark side
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The only dark side » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:53 am

i wish they would do the cyber tron series back i really miss it and i miss the toy line also.
but all in all the new tranformers is okay but all the animated series are better and so was the 1986 movie.but any ways the first american series is on the hub as well as the transformers prime series(it sucks:(..) but the gen 1 series is awsome. i wish they do the generation 2 series also i miss it to. i miss all the series. if you really wanted to see them i bet you could just find them some were on dvd of vhs if you looked or maybe you could find them on the web.

Seibertron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Seibertron » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:52 am

Natvia wrote:
Seibertron wrote:I disagree, Daniel was even worse in the Japanese series afterwards, he and Wheelie would just do stupid stuff like sneaking aboard the Autobot ship, getting drunk on Energon and messing up plans

Danny was pretty damned stupid in the Japanese series. Though hilariously so. He's almost like an unintentional parody of annoying kid sidekicks.

Wheelie sounds like a fat girl in the bad dubs.
メリー クリスマス

The only dark side
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The only dark side » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:58 am

idk i thought willie was pretty funny in reveng of the fallen when he humped makaylas leg ang all the funny stuff he said in rotf but in dotm the new one with the blue hair was gay and mad me pretty mad.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekania » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:51 pm

The only dark side wrote:i wish they would do the cyber tron series back i really miss it and i miss the toy line also.
but all in all the new tranformers is okay but all the animated series are better and so was the 1986 movie.but any ways the first american series is on the hub as well as the transformers prime series(it sucks:(..) but the gen 1 series is awsome. i wish they do the generation 2 series also i miss it to. i miss all the series. if you really wanted to see them i bet you could just find them some were on dvd of vhs if you looked or maybe you could find them on the web.

I personally have it all, all 4 seasons (last of course, really short) of the US Series, some of the Japanese Headmaster Series and Supergod Masterforce, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, the Japanese Originated RiD, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, the shitty Animated and now have been collecting the primes... also own all 4 movies (the original animated and the 3 bay films).
Such heroic nonsense!

The rogue clan of orichimaru
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The rogue clan of orichimaru » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:16 am

Tekania wrote:
The only dark side wrote:i wish they would do the cyber tron series back i really miss it and i miss the toy line also.

I personally have it all, all 4 seasons (last of course, really short) of the US Series, some of the Japanese Headmaster Series and Supergod Masterforce, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, the Japanese Originated RiD, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, the shitty Animated and now have been collecting the primes... also own all 4 movies (the original animated and the 3 bay films).

awsome i wish i could buy them from you but alas i have no way to any ways how was the cybertron series. did you like.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekania » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:59 am

The rogue clan of orichimaru wrote:
Tekania wrote:

awsome i wish i could buy them from you but alas i have no way to any ways how was the cybertron series. did you like.

Cybertron was okay, I was a kid with the original G1, so I tend to like that the best, was not too much a fan of the Beast[wars/machines] era, the energon/cybertron was okay as was Armada... actually have to say that my three favorite of the Animated series was G1, RiD and the newest Prime (I actually love picking out stylistic elements of it that were imported from previous series)... and unlike a lot of TF fans, I actually like the Bay movies as well.
Such heroic nonsense!

Seibertron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Seibertron » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:14 am

Tekania wrote:shitty Animated

it isn't that bad
メリー クリスマス

The rogue clan of orichimaru
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The rogue clan of orichimaru » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:23 am

Tekania wrote:
The rogue clan of orichimaru wrote:

Cybertron was okay, I was a kid with the original G1, so I tend to like that the best, was not too much a fan of the Beast[wars/machines] era, the energon/cybertron was okay as was Armada... actually have to say that my three favorite of the Animated series was G1, RiD and the newest Prime (I actually love picking out stylistic elements of it that were imported from previous series)... and unlike a lot of TF fans, I actually like the Bay movies as well.

i like the bay movies and i didnt like beast wars either. i loved cybertron the best other then gen1 but i am a picky person. i have tried wathcing transformers prime but its not that good but not to bad either.
Last edited by The rogue clan of orichimaru on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Orcoa
Senator

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Orcoa » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:32 am

Beast Wars FTW! :D
Long Live The Wolf Emperor!
This is the song I sing to those who screw with me XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXnFhnpEgKY
"this is the Internet: The place where religion goes to die." Crystalcliff Point

Seibertron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Seibertron » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:42 pm

Orcoa wrote:Beast Wars FTW! :D

Which One?
I preferred it when the Transmetals began to appear
メリー クリスマス

Orcoa
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orcoa » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:45 pm

Seibertron wrote:
Orcoa wrote:Beast Wars FTW! :D

Which One?

I liked all of the Beast Wars Saga, Dinobot still being my favorite Transfomer because of that show

"this is the Internet: The place where religion goes to die." Crystalcliff Point

United low territories
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby United low territories » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:48 am

Orcoa wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Which One?

I liked all of the Beast Wars Saga, Dinobot still being my favorite Transfomer because of that show

Me Grimlock say dinobot stole team name.

Orcoa
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orcoa » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:56 am

United low territories wrote:
Orcoa wrote:I liked all of the Beast Wars Saga, Dinobot still being my favorite Transfomer because of that show

Me Grimlock say dinobot stole team name.

:lol:
Nice

Timurid Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Timurid Empire » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:00 am

It's interesting, but I tend not to like anything that does not exclusively involve Humanity kicking massive ass.
Economic Left/Right: -6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.28

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:08 pm

Just popping in for the head count.

G1 fanatic here.

I've had (and continue to have) great fun on NS doing a retcon genocide on all the rest, along with everything about G1 that I find ridiculous.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:09 pm

Victorious Decepticons wrote:Just popping in for the head count.

G1 fanatic here.

I've had (and continue to have) great fun on NS doing a retcon genocide on all the rest, along with everything about G1 that I find ridiculous.

*Gives copy of Kiss Players*
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:08 pm

I never watched the Transformers shows, but I watched the Michael Bay movies, Heres what I remeber..

"KABOOSH! Pew Pew pew! POW! *Tries to immitate the transforming sound* Er er er! Bitches! Hotties! ASPLOSIONS! Plotholes!"
Last edited by The Drone Empire on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:03 pm

The Drone Empire wrote:I never watched the Transformers shows, but I watched the Michael Bay movies, Heres what I remeber..

"KABOOSH! Pew Pew pew! POW! *Tries to immitate the trandforming sound* Er er er! Bitches! Hotties! ASPLOSIONS! Plotholes!"

Sums it up, but you forget Peter Cullen.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:00 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
The Drone Empire wrote:I never watched the Transformers shows, but I watched the Michael Bay movies, Heres what I remeber..

"KABOOSH! Pew Pew pew! POW! *Tries to immitate the trandforming sound* Er er er! Bitches! Hotties! ASPLOSIONS! Plotholes!"

Sums it up, but you forget Peter Cullen.

Really? Oh well. I guess it didn't stick in my mind..
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

Orcoa
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orcoa » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:52 am

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Victorious Decepticons wrote:Just popping in for the head count.

G1 fanatic here.

*Gives copy of Kiss Players*

No!!!!! You fool! Don't open it!
Last edited by Orcoa on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction