NATION

PASSWORD

Why are People Homophobic?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tmutarakhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tmutarakhan » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:14 pm

Euronion wrote:the post I was orginally responding to was saying that gays don't have equal rights,which they do, they just don't have what they wish

But YOU get what you wish, and WE don't. That is the very definition of "unequal".
Life is a tragedy to those who feel, a comedy to those who think, and a musical to those who sing.

I am the very model of a Nation States General,
I am a holy terror to apologists Confederal,
When called upon to source a line, I give citations textual,
And argue about Palestine, and marriage homosexual!

A KNIGHT ON KARINZISTAN'S SPECIAL LIST OF POOPHEADS!

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:41 pm

Euronion wrote:Homos can marry
Heteros can marry

I really am getting tired of typing the same thing 10 times for someone who has just entered the thread, go a page or two back.

Since other people weren't explicit enough, I'll spell it out for your deliberately obtuse ass.

Can men marry men? No, only women can do that. Can women marry women? No, only men are able to marry women.

Not allowing same-sex marriage isn't necessarily "explicit" discrimination on the basis of sexuality, but it certainly is explicit discrimination on the basis of physical sex.
This is why gay marriage will destroy American families.
Gays are made up of gaytrinos and they interact via faggons, which are massless spin 2 particles. They're massless because gays care so much about their weight, and have spin 2, cause that's as much spin as particles can get, and liberals love spin. The exchange of spin 2 particles creates an attractive force between objects, which is why gays are so promiscuous. When gays get "settle down" into a lower energy state by marrying, they release faggon particles in the form of gaydiation. Everyone is a little bit gay, so every human body has some gaytrinos in it, meaning that the gaydiation could cause straight people to be attracted to gays and choose to turn gay.

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:42 pm

De Quay wrote:Anger and abuse in return for the truth I see . . . nothing new there.

Well, let's move away from the personal and take some information from others - http://citizenchris.typepad.com/citizen ... _supe.html
- and if it's a bias to want to be able to decide one's own worth and let others decide it for us, then I suspect it only shows the real problem.

And as a personal aside, no gay man has ever raped me and left me bleeding in my home. No straight male is capable of hearing that without somewhere in their "mind" ( I use that term sarcastically) the thought that I must have deserved it coming up no matter how hard they protest that they disapprove and would not have wanted to be there to 'get their share'.

Are you seriously suggesting that every man that is primarily interested in women is a supporter of rape and thinks that women deserve it? Really?
Gays are made up of gaytrinos and they interact via faggons, which are massless spin 2 particles. They're massless because gays care so much about their weight, and have spin 2, cause that's as much spin as particles can get, and liberals love spin. The exchange of spin 2 particles creates an attractive force between objects, which is why gays are so promiscuous. When gays get "settle down" into a lower energy state by marrying, they release faggon particles in the form of gaydiation. Everyone is a little bit gay, so every human body has some gaytrinos in it, meaning that the gaydiation could cause straight people to be attracted to gays and choose to turn gay.

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:46 pm

Euronion wrote:I am feeling resentment towards you right now because you keep on calling me a bigot

Gay people get basic fundamental pathways to happiness and peace of mind taken away: "Tough luck! Suck it up or get the fuck out of the US!"

You get called a bigot for your callous attitude toward homosexual people: "That is so mean! How dare you say such a mean thing to me!"

Yeah, people sometimes say mean things to you. You have it so hard. :roll:

Keronians
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Keronians » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:49 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:
Euronion wrote:I am feeling resentment towards you right now because you keep on calling me a bigot

Gay people get basic fundamental pathways to happiness and peace of mind taken away: "Tough luck! Suck it up or get the fuck out of the US!"

You get called a bigot for your callous attitude toward homosexual people: "That is so mean! How dare you say such a mean thing to me!"

Yeah, people sometimes say mean things to you. You have it so hard. :roll:

But this thread is not just about the US...
Proud Indian. Spanish citizen. European federalist.
Political compass
Awarded the Bronze Medal for General Debating at the 11th Annual Posters' Awards. Awarded Best New Poster at the 11th Annual Posters' Awards.
It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning.
George Orwell
· Private property
· Free foreign trade
· Exchange of goods and services
· Free formation of prices

· Market regulation
· Social security
· Universal healthcare
· Unemployment insurance

This is a capitalist model.

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:49 pm

Euronion wrote:scientists have fabricated their data on more than one occasion

Why isn't that a convenient escape hatch which allows you to avoid any evidence contrary to your position!

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:08 pm

:lol:
Dyakovo wrote:
Sociobiology wrote:evolution is fun, and hard if you do not take statistics, that's why I had to minor in statistics.

I meant I missed the word practicing... :( :oops:

:lol: oh, well myface is red :oops:
I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance. ~Reuben Blades

I got quite annoyed after the Haiti earthquake. A baby was taken from the wreckage and people said it was a miracle. It would have been a miracle had God stopped the earthquake. More wonderful was that a load of evolved monkeys got together to save the life of a child that wasn't theirs. ~Terry Pratchett

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:07 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:
Euronion wrote:Homos can marry
Heteros can marry

I really am getting tired of typing the same thing 10 times for someone who has just entered the thread, go a page or two back.

Since other people weren't explicit enough, I'll spell it out for your deliberately obtuse ass.

Can men marry men? No, only women can do that. Can women marry women? No, only men are able to marry women.

Not allowing same-sex marriage isn't necessarily "explicit" discrimination on the basis of sexuality, but it certainly is explicit discrimination on the basis of physical sex.

Actually, I'm certain was exactly that explicit...
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

New Somersetshire
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Somersetshire » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:27 pm

Some people get jealous because their prayer meetings are not as much fun as the drag shows at the local gay bar.
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -4.25; Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.23

Nova Aqua
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Aqua » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:34 pm

Faolinn wrote:Because it is different and there was a time when many of your children could be expected to die and to make sure the tribe survived you needed people to breed.Anything counter to this could be seen as a threat.

Accually, many trible cultures see homosexuallies as people who can easly talk to the spirits on the other side so they respected them not condim them.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:05 am

Sidhae wrote:Well, for a start, most of the so-called homophobes don't really hate homosexuals and the likes, they just don't enjoy having a lifestyle that goes beyond their standards of decency rubbed in their faces all the time.

It's much like why people who don't have a problem with nudists have a problem with homos - nudists are allocated their own secluded places to practice their thing without offending the sensibilities of others. Homosexuals too have gay bars, clubs and, of course, the privacy of their own homes. But yet a certain minority of them aren't content with that and aggressively press their lifestyle on general public by holding obnoxious parades and screaming and whining about their rights all the time. There's a nice word for such people - assholes, and even the most liberal Western nations haven't yet gone as far as to demand tolerating assholes.

In short, if homos and the likes just kept it private, there wouldn't really be a problem. Being... well, genetically and/or psychologically impaired in the sexual sphere isn't really something to brag with anyway.

And Jesus Christ, what the hell is up with straight couples holding hands and kissing in public places. It's disgusting! Why can't the practice that in the privacy of their own homes instead of rubbing it in our faces? How about their movies and TV shows, trying to indoctrinate our kids into thinking only a man and woman can marry? And God, whites and blacks eating together in the same restaurant? It goes against the natural order! I mean you'd never see a white cat and a black cat having sex.... their kittens would be mixed, and then what kind of life would they have....

Yeah. Discriminatory ranting sounds ridiculous no matter what group it's aimed at.

-St George
Senator

Founded: Apr 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:08 am

Naurobia wrote:Stupid people misinterpreting religion is the source for most of the hate.

fixed.
[19:12] <Amitabho> I mean, a little niggling voice tells me this is impossible, but then my voice of reason kicks in
[21:07] <@Milograd> I totally endorse the unfair moderation.
01:46 Goobergunch I could support StGeorge's nuts for the GOP nomination
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Postby Katganistan » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:08 am

Sidhae wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Perhaps if homosexuals had equal rights to heterosexuals, no more parades would occur and the "whining" about rights would end.

But no, you have to take the harder option and force them into hiding.

For analogy, look at Black people. It's been what, 40 years since they got their equal rights. Has that stopped them from asking for more? Of course, it hasn't - it has just given them an excuse to feel entitled to something simply because they are Black. Have gay parades stopped in countries where gay marriage and adoption is legal? No.

Just look at those women! Gave them the vote and now they want equal pay for equal work. Ungrateful, I tell you, and they do it simply because they are WOMEN.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Postby Katganistan » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:11 am

Bulgharia wrote:It is not lie.

You cannot disprove me.

He already has. Both Neil Patrick Harris and George Takei, the actors whose photos you said are off topic, are openly gay.
No makeup, no women's clothes.

Disproven.

Great Malema
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Malema » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:15 am

Naurobia wrote:Stupid religion is the source for most of the hate.

And which religion(s) in particular?

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Postby Katganistan » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:17 am

Euronion wrote:
Mairuksta wrote:
Why shouldn't people be gay?

becuase if everyone were gay the human race would die off in little more than a century

Let's work this through logically, shall we?

Gays are not interested in the opposite gender. There have been gays since Ook the caveman checked out Ookla and then decided Ooko was more his style.

Gays generally will not be pairing and breeding with the opposite gender (though of course there are those who will for the sake of having a child of their own).

Therefore: since they are already off the market for heteros, so to speak, let them along to marry each other. They're happy, and they never would have accepted an opposite gender mate anyhow.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Postby Katganistan » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:18 am

Jasonovia wrote:What is so horrifically evil about suggesting celibacy instead?

Suggest it to heterosexuals too.

Extollo
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Extollo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:36 am

Furious Grandmothers wrote:
Extollo wrote:I didn't bother reading the last 16 pages of banter, but I thought this was apropos:

(Image)

As far as the nature aspect, as I said it should not even matter, but I think what the fear stems from is that while it does appear in nature and so is technically natural, it does not normally appear in nature, biologically, in most species. There are plenty of cases of it occurring when showing dominance, or when there is a lack of the opposite sex, but not so much biological predisposition. Therefore it is seen as "abnormal" or "unusual", and unfortunately people carry with that an automatic connotation of "bad". We'll mostly grow out of this with the realization that it isn't really all that abnormal and it doesn't really matter all that much. As the graph demonstrates. :)

Are the 1,500 animal species (and growing) practicing homosexuality many enough to constitute normality? I guess not. Still, it's a significant enough number.

This is terribly out of context and I'm afraid you know it.

From the very Wikipedia page you guys like to keep posting:

Although homosexual behavior is very common in the animal world, it seems to be very uncommon that individual animals have a long-lasting predisposition to engage in such behavior to the exclusion of heterosexual activities. Thus, a homosexual orientation, if one can speak of such thing in animals, seems to be a rarity.

I've never said it does not occur in nature, even most species, only that there is a very rare predisposition towards it. There's nothing wrong with that, and it certainly should have no bearing on whether or not someone is, or whether it is a predisposition or choice, I'm merely pointing it out because it serves to show why people think it's unnatural.
The bicycle is the noblest invention of mankind. I love the bicycle. I always have. I can think of no sincere, decent human being, male or female, young or old, saint or sinner, who can resist the bicycle.
~ William Saroyan

-St George
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:42 am

Extollo wrote:
Furious Grandmothers wrote:Are the 1,500 animal species (and growing) practicing homosexuality many enough to constitute normality? I guess not. Still, it's a significant enough number.

This is terribly out of context and I'm afraid you know it.

Although homosexual behavior is very common in the animal world, it seems to be very uncommon that individual animals have a long-lasting predisposition to engage in such behavior to the exclusion of heterosexual activities. Thus, a homosexual orientation, if one can speak of such thing in animals, seems to be a rarity.

I've never said it does not occur in nature, even most species, only that there is a very rare predisposition towards it. There's nothing wrong with that, and it certainly should have no bearing on whether or not someone is, or whether it is a predisposition or choice, I'm merely pointing it out because it serves to show why people think it's unnatural.

Natural: Occurring in nature.

Thus homosexuality is natural.

Also, bonobos.
[19:12] <Amitabho> I mean, a little niggling voice tells me this is impossible, but then my voice of reason kicks in
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:48 am

-St George wrote:
Extollo wrote:This is terribly out of context and I'm afraid you know it.

Natural: Occurring in nature.

Thus homosexuality is natural.

Also, bonobos.

"Also, bonobos." I like that. Maybe I'll start ending all my posts that way:

"So that's what I think. Also, bonobos."

Yes, definitely.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Grainne Ni Malley
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Grainne Ni Malley » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:54 am

Farnhamia wrote:"Also, bonobos." I like that. Maybe I'll start ending all my posts that way:

Yes, definitely.

Just reading up on them. Bonobos are freaky! :o

I want one... well, two actually. Maybe three...
*insert boring personal information, political slant, witty quotes, and some fancy text color here*

Гроня Ни Маллий - In fond memory of Dyakovo. I will always remember you. Thank you for the laughs.

The Raqaani
Attaché

Founded: Aug 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Raqaani » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:58 am

Grainne Ni Malley wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:"Also, bonobos." I like that. Maybe I'll start ending all my posts that way:

Yes, definitely.

Why not go all the way? Get a private island somewhere in the South Pacific and live there with, like fifty bonobos.
Quon vu timas?

"Good God! What eldritch dream-world was this into which he had blundered?"

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:59 am

Grainne Ni Malley wrote:

Yes, definitely.

Bonobos are just another example of the universe being not only stranger than we imagine but stranger than we can imagine.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

-St George
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:59 am

The Raqaani wrote:
Grainne Ni Malley wrote:

Why not go all the way? Get a private island somewhere in the South Pacific and live there with, like fifty bonobos.

You missed a pun opportunity. :/
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

Grainne Ni Malley
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Grainne Ni Malley » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:00 am

The Raqaani wrote:Why not go all the way? Get a private island somewhere in the South Pacific and live there with, like fifty bonobos.

That sounds like too much work just to watch some penis fencing.
*insert boring personal information, political slant, witty quotes, and some fancy text color here*

Гроня Ни Маллий - In fond memory of Dyakovo. I will always remember you. Thank you for the laughs.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General