NATION

PASSWORD

Transformers Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Are you excited for the Bumblebee movie?

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes : 48

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Transformers Discussion Thread

Postby Chinese Regions » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:55 am

News
Transformers-Evangelion Crossover
"The Angels are invading. Breaking a long silence, the mysterious life-forms known as the Angels suddenly appear. The weapons the UN forces gather together in retaliation can't even scratch them. In the end, they turn to the secret agency, NERV, to manage the anti-Angel strategy.
With Neo-Tokyo 3 in their sights, the Angels slowly advance upon the city...but suddenly a spaceship comes hurtling down from the sky above the Angels: the Autobot Sky Lynx! Out of the ship emerges warriors of the far-off planet Cybertron. They've come to investigate after noticing an unusual energy reading.

"We can't let a disaster like the Second Impact occur on this planet."
"What?! What are these monsters?!"

Optimus Prime sets his sights on an enemy much bigger than himself."
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... -crossover

Combiner Battle
Best Combiner Team (Round 1, Autobot/Cybertron/Maximal)

Aerialbots/Superion
38%
Protectobots/Defensor
8%
Technobots/Computron
8%
Trainbots/Raiden
8%
Magnaboss
8%
Brainmasters/Road Caesar
No votes
Multiforce/Landcross
No votes
Team Bullet Train/Railracer
8%
Build Team/Landfill
No votes
Dinobots/THE BEAST
23%
Total votes : 13

Constructicons/Devestator
36%
Stunticons/Menasor
No votes
Combaticons/Bruticus
9%
Predacons/Predaking
9%
Terrorcons/Abominus
9%
Seacons/King Poseidon
9%
Dinoforce/Dinoking
No votes
Breastforce/Liokaiser
No votes
Tripledacus
No votes
Magmatron
27%
Total votes : 22

Best Combiner Team (Round 2 Autobot/Cybertron/Maximal)

You may select up to 2 options

Aerialbots/Superion
21%
Dinobots/THE BEAST
29%
Protectobots/Defensor
14%
Technobots/Computron
21%
Trainbots/Raiden
14%
Total votes : 14

NationStates's Thoughts On...
You may select 1 option

Love it
29%
Like it
31%
So-so
23%
Dislike it
9%
Hate it
9%

You may select 1 option

Love it
83%
Like it
No votes
So-so
17%
Dislike it
No votes
Hate it
No votes

Love it
67%
Like it
No votes
So-so
33%
Dislike it
No votes
Hate it
No votes

You may select 1 option

Love it
71%
Like it
4%
So-so
14%
Dislike it
No votes
Hate it
11%
Total votes : 28

Love it
57%
Like it
7%
So-so
20%
Dislike it
3%
Hate it
13%
Total votes : 30

Love it
42%
Like it
18%
So-so
22%
Dislike it
4%
Hate it
13%
Total votes : 45

Thoughts on Transformers: The Headmasters

You may select 1 option

Love it
44%
Like it
18%
So-so
22%
Dislike it
2%
Hate it
13%
Total votes : 45

Love it
27%
Like it
32%
So-so
14%
Dislike it
18%
Hate it

Love it
32%
Like it
15%
So-so
29%
Dislike it
3%
Hate it
21%
Last edited by Chinese Regions on Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Fan of Transformers?|Fan of Star Trek?|你会说中文吗?
Geopolitics: Internationalist, Pan-Asian, Pan-African, Pan-Arab, Pan-Slavic, Eurofederalist,
  • For the promotion of closer ties between Europe and Russia but without Dugin's anti-intellectual quackery.
  • Against NATO, the Anglo-American "special relationship", Israel and Wahhabism.

Sociopolitics: Pro-Intellectual, Pro-Science, Secular, Strictly Anti-Theocractic, for the liberation of PoCs in Western Hemisphere without the hegemony of white liberals
Economics: Indifferent

Timoshenkev
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Timoshenkev » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:59 am

HATE IT!HATE,HATE IT,HATE IT!

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:31 pm

Timoshenkev wrote:HATE IT!HATE,HATE IT,HATE IT!

Geopolitics: Internationalist, Pan-Asian, Pan-African, Pan-Arab, Pan-Slavic, Eurofederalist,
  • For the promotion of closer ties between Europe and Russia but without Dugin's anti-intellectual quackery.
  • Against NATO, the Anglo-American "special relationship", Israel and Wahhabism.

Sociopolitics: Pro-Intellectual, Pro-Science, Secular, Strictly Anti-Theocractic, for the liberation of PoCs in Western Hemisphere without the hegemony of white liberals

Periodspace
Ambassador

Founded: May 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Periodspace » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm

Chinese Regions wrote:
Noticed there was very few threads on this great franchise. How many of you are fans?

I think it's alright. Not perfect, but alright.
Last edited by Periodspace on Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have recently changed some political opinions, so my "pro and against" thing is still in the works.

Zersium
Minister

Founded: Jul 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zersium » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm

Why exactly did they have to have the freaky gay Chinese man in the third film? What was his role besides being...weird?

He's weird in every film, Zookeeper the least of his weirdness.

and they suddenly get rid of Megan. That's just...the third kind of sucked. No real plausible way would Megan suddenly dump him for no reason.

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:37 pm

Periodspace wrote:
Chinese Regions wrote:
Noticed there was very few threads on this great franchise. How many of you are fans?

I think it's ok.

Well I am a hardcore fan, especially the un-aired Japanese series.

Dragonia Re Xzua
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonia Re Xzua » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:18 pm

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!
Humans are monsters, we will never change, we will always want to claw out the throats of those with a difference in opinion, we will never be in an age of peace because of our lust for war, poverty will continue to exist as long as monetary needs exist. We rape, enslave, and conquer with no regards to others. We live by the sword, and we will, justifiably, die by the sword.

Hope is for unrealistic idealists. Pessimism is your friend.

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:18 pm

Dragonia Re Xzua wrote:LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

8) Who is your favourite character

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:08 pm

There is Gen 1, THE MOVIE and that is all, there is no triology of films!(in the same way as there are no SW prequels)

Seriously the voice acting in the THE MOVIE is far superior to the so called acting in michael bay's abominations.

Yeah i'm just old and crusty and find all the umpteen revisions and spin offs far too confusing to bother with. This "unaired japanese" thigns does soudn interesting though as long as it avoids the "help the happy little kiddies collect robot pokemons (energons?)" stuff that seems to curse what reputedly japanese stuff i've seen.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Periodspace
Ambassador

Founded: May 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Periodspace » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:10 pm

Crookfur wrote:There is Gen 1, THE MOVIE and that is all, there is no triology of films!(in the same way as there are no SW prequels)

Seriously the voice acting in the THE MOVIE is far superior to the so called acting in michael bay's abominations.

Yeah i'm just old and crusty and find all the umpteen revisions and spin offs far too confusing to bother with. This "unaired japanese" thigns does soudn interesting though as long as it avoids the "help the happy little kiddies collect robot pokemons (energons?)" stuff that seems to curse what reputedly japanese stuff i've seen.

Yeah I've seen that one it's actually pretty good.

I have recently changed some political opinions, so my "pro and against" thing is still in the works.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:55 pm

I never really played with the toys.

I only ever saw a cartoon show (not the one from the 80's), and it was pretty forgettable. I don't even remember the show's name.

And... The movies are shit. :)
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:11 am

Crookfur wrote:There is Gen 1, THE MOVIE and that is all, there is no triology of films!(in the same way as there are no SW prequels)

I wasn't refering to the modern Animes which were in fact aired in the United States as Armada, Energon and Cybertron. I meant the Japanese series that took place after the original show was cancelled and before the CGI beast wars. Transformer Cartoons were absent in the late 80s and early 90s in the west. They only showed reruns with crappy CG added to them, whereas the Japanese made three very good Animes; TF HM, TF Sueprgod Masterforce and TF Victory.

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:13 am

The Rich Port wrote: The movies are shit. :)

I always wondered what if James Cameron directed Transformers rather than Bay

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:59 am

I hear Transformers is produced and financed by the same company that makes My Little Pony.

So that's a plus.

Okay, on a more serious note, it's weird. Transformers has

• Machines happily recognised as sapient beings
  • Machines that aren't inherently evil
By all rights, I should love the fuck out of the franchise, since 'Machiens aren't alive' & 'Intelligent machines are always evil' are two tropes I detest to the point of forming a singularity of hate. Transformers avoids and deconstructs both, so I should be, like, a transformers fanatic.

However, I'm not. Barely had any contact with the franchise. I know what it is, I know a number of key characters... But that's it. It's not that I dislike it, I just never got into it, at all (One could blame the fact that only a handful episodes of the G1 cartoon ever aired in Germany, and that I simply wasn't into toys of this type, of course. OTOH, the G1 cartoon is meant to be pretty shit by any standards not set by 80s era pre-teens, as suggested by fans of the franchise, no less, so whether it would've won me over is debatable. I was picky when it came to cartoons).

Eh. Maybe I missed something. Maybe not. Dunno.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:39 am

Chinese Regions wrote:
The Rich Port wrote: The movies are shit. :)

I always wondered what if James Cameron directed Transformers rather than Bay

Interesting question. :blink:

I actually don't know. I assume Cameron would definitely be better (there's a lot of directors that could be better than Michael Bay). Avatar had at least a semblance of purpose, content, and character development, and, dare I say, Titanic was pretty good.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:50 am

Chinese Regions wrote:

I wasn't refering to the modern Animes which were in fact aired in the United States as Armada, Energon and Cybertron. I meant the Japanese series that took place after the original show was cancelled and before the CGI beast wars. Transformer Cartoons were absent in the late 80s and early 90s in the west. They only showed reruns with crappy CG added to them, whereas the Japanese made three very good Animes; TF HM, TF Sueprgod Masterforce and TF Victory.

Cool now I know what to look for, I was vaguely aware of "proper" transformers animes so its nice to know the name of what to seak out.

Oddly enough I never saw a single episode of gen1 being aired on UK Television, at primary school people used to claim it was shown stupidly early on weekday mornings, but i never managed to actually find it. Luckily enough my parents knew I loved the toys so bought me a few video tapes (arrival from cybertron, desertion of the dinobots, the episodes covering the creation of the aerialbots and stunticons and of course the movie) alogn with the comic now and then. The most i ever saw of transformers on TV was the music video for "The Touch" on Top Of The Pops.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:16 am

Crookfur wrote:
Chinese Regions wrote:I wasn't refering to the modern Animes which were in fact aired in the United States as Armada, Energon and Cybertron. I meant the Japanese series that took place after the original show was cancelled and before the CGI beast wars. Transformer Cartoons were absent in the late 80s and early 90s in the west. They only showed reruns with crappy CG added to them, whereas the Japanese made three very good Animes; TF HM, TF Sueprgod Masterforce and TF Victory.

Cool now I know what to look for, I was vaguely aware of "proper" transformers animes so its nice to know the name of what to seak out.

Oddly enough I never saw a single episode of gen1 being aired on UK Television, at primary school people used to claim it was shown stupidly early on weekday mornings, but i never managed to actually find it. Luckily enough my parents knew I loved the toys so bought me a few video tapes (arrival from cybertron, desertion of the dinobots, the episodes covering the creation of the aerialbots and stunticons and of course the movie) alogn with the comic now and then. The most i ever saw of transformers on TV was the music video for "The Touch" on Top Of The Pops.

I grew up watchin' my cousins VCRs, as I have said, Transformers was Absent in the west in late 80s and Early 90s. There were reruns of Beast Wars in the UK in 2001 or something. But it was only until the one on Fox Kids/Jetix that everyone I knew started watching it.

Dragonia Re Xzua
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonia Re Xzua » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:51 am

Chinese Regions wrote:
Dragonia Re Xzua wrote:LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

8) Who is your favourite character

Optimus Prime in the 2007 Transformers movie.
Humans are monsters, we will never change, we will always want to claw out the throats of those with a difference in opinion, we will never be in an age of peace because of our lust for war, poverty will continue to exist as long as monetary needs exist. We rape, enslave, and conquer with no regards to others. We live by the sword, and we will, justifiably, die by the sword.

Hope is for unrealistic idealists. Pessimism is your friend.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:07 pm

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=143677

I'm trying to stay as close as I can to the original premise in an environment where the good players can thrive and the poorer players fade away; I'd love for this to become a series of episodic RPs.
Last edited by SaintB on Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:10 pm

BTW... big fan :p
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:06 am

SaintB wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=143677

I'm trying to stay as close as I can to the original premise in an environment where the good players can thrive and the poorer players fade away; I'd love for this to become a series of episodic RPs.

Great!
Might join some time!

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:21 pm

I really like the new Transformers Prime series.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:15 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I really like the new Transformers Prime series.

Shit. I forgot all about that after a few episodes.

Too many shows to catch up on, so little time.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:56 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I really like the new Transformers Prime series.

When is it available in Britain?

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:02 pm

Chinese Regions wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:

When is it available in Britain?

Let me check Wikipedia...

Started on September 5th, airs on the Hub.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction