NATION

PASSWORD

Illegals stealing education

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What do you think about AB 131?

I think it should be passed, illegals should be given tax payer funds to take spots from citizens
51%
I think Governor Brown should veto it immediatly, it is wrong for tax payers to bear the burdern
49%

Total votes : 134

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:20 pm

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:
Coffee Cakes wrote:
The better route would be just building a goshdarned 5 story tall barbed wire fence on the ENTIRE border. And station armed guards periodically along it, and at every crossing to make sure nothing happens.

Perdition Turrets

Nothing says "Border Secure" like concealed, border-guarding flamethrowers!

That is a brilliant idea. :clap:
Can we implement it at the Canadian border too.
Just so nobody can accuse the US of playing favorites?
Transnapastain wrote:CC!

Posting mod mistakes now are we?

Well, sir, you can have a Vindictive warning for making us look incompetent
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
Nana wrote:Being CC's bf is a death worse than fate.
Nana wrote:Finally, another reasonable individual.
Nana wrote: You're Ben. And Ben is many things wrapped into one being. :)
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
RIP WHYLT 11/14/2010-8/15/2011
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
Quotes Singing Contest of DOOM Champ. Softball
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's
Satan's Apprentice Colleague
Lian's precious snowflake
Callie's Adorbs/Loyal Knight Prince's TET Husband

Euronion
Senator

Founded: Apr 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euronion » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:20 pm

Shofercia wrote:
Isolated China wrote:Well, they aren't stealing education. And I think its fine that they are going to educate illegals, but at the state's expense?
Now thats a different matter.

That's my issue too. They didn't pay any money in the form of income taxes, nor did their parents. If they want to go, they can pay out of state tuition, just like other Americans, who come to California to get an education. Not to mention that our state can't afford this. If they want to take out loans - those are also available. The Democrats are just doing this to rally the Hispanic Vote against third parties. Why can't Republicans run normal candidates in California?

We better all get on our knees and pray for another Regan (from California too) beacuse we sure as hell need one
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!
The Official Euronion Website
Proud Catholic and Member of the Tea Party; militant atheists, environmental extremists, fem-nazis, Anti-Lifers, Nazists, and Communists you have been warned
Thomas Paine wrote:"to argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead"
The name of our country is Euronion, the name of anything that is Euronion is called the/a Euronion ____, please do not say "the Euronionian, or the Euronionion people or military, it is simply the Euronion people, the Euronion military, ect. nor is Euronion a reference to the European Union or some United Europe.

Isolated China
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Isolated China » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:20 pm

Euronion wrote:
Allrule wrote:This.

Also biased poll for the lose.

if they are illegals and aren't even supposed to be here in the first place technically they are illegally taking spots in colleges which means they are stealing spots at the taxpayer's expense

Well if Mexico isn't going to educate them, that doesn't mean we should tell them to hop back across the border and let them be stupid. And maybe worsen the drug trafficking.

And illegals usually will try to be naturalized. If they don't want to be naturalized ever, then sure, kick'em out. But if they plan on becoming legal eventually, then lets keep them here and educate them. Who knows, maybe one of them will be smarter then our previous presidents of George Bush and Obama.
Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.
- Lao Tzu
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
- Sun Tzu
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
- Chinese Proverb
If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.
- Chinese Proverb

Self-Declared Grammar Communist of the World
TG Box is open for discussing, help, or just flat-out conversation. Feel free to message me anytime!
Oh and I'm back.

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:22 pm

Isolated China wrote: maybe one of them will be smarter then our previous presidents of George Bush and Obama.

It's not hard to be smarter than both Bushes and Obama.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's

Isolated China
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolated China » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:22 pm

Shofercia wrote:
Isolated China wrote:Well, they aren't stealing education. And I think its fine that they are going to educate illegals, but at the state's expense?
Now thats a different matter.

That's my issue too. They didn't pay any money in the form of income taxes, nor did their parents. If they want to go, they can pay out of state tuition, just like other Americans, who come to California to get an education. Not to mention that our state can't afford this. If they want to take out loans - those are also available. The Democrats are just doing this to rally the Hispanic Vote against third parties. Why can't Republicans run normal candidates in California?

Well, the Hispanic population is growing and is predicted to overcome the white population eventually. But still, make the illegals pay some form of tax or have them pay back half of what they get for a tuition interest free.
Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.
- Lao Tzu
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
- Sun Tzu
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
- Chinese Proverb
If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.
- Chinese Proverb

TG Box is open for discussing, help, or just flat-out conversation. Feel free to message me anytime!
Oh and I'm back.

Euronion
Senator

Founded: Apr 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euronion » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:22 pm

Isolated China wrote:
Euronion wrote:
if they are illegals and aren't even supposed to be here in the first place technically they are illegally taking spots in colleges which means they are stealing spots at the taxpayer's expense

Well if Mexico isn't going to educate them, that doesn't mean we should tell them to hop back across the border and let them be stupid. And maybe worsen the drug trafficking.

And illegals usually will try to be naturalized. If they don't want to be naturalized ever, then sure, kick'em out. But if they plan on becoming legal eventually, then lets keep them here and educate them. Who knows, maybe one of them will be smarter then our previous presidents of George Bush and Obama.

psh, a band of sixth graders could probably come up with better economic policies
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!
The Official Euronion Website
Proud Catholic and Member of the Tea Party; militant atheists, environmental extremists, fem-nazis, Anti-Lifers, Nazists, and Communists you have been warned
Thomas Paine wrote:"to argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead"
The name of our country is Euronion, the name of anything that is Euronion is called the/a Euronion ____, please do not say "the Euronionian, or the Euronionion people or military, it is simply the Euronion people, the Euronion military, ect. nor is Euronion a reference to the European Union or some United Europe.

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:24 pm

Euronion wrote:psh, a band of sixth graders could probably come up with better economic policies

I'll drink to that.

Bailouts aren't the answer. Proven repeatedly since 07.
Taxes haven't helped either.

NSG Sodomy Club Member.
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:26 pm

Dakini wrote:
Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:IIRC, the DREAM Act is essentially a bill that naturalizes illegal aliens that prove that they have earned a high school-level education and that have shown promise in excelling in post-secondary education.

I don't necessarily have a problem with this, though I am getting ready to apply for graduate studies at the end of this year and all you fuckers (legal or illegal) better not keep me from being accepted. D:<

If you do well, nobody is going to keep you from being accepted.

I am an American, dammit! I'm not supposed to *have* to work to be successful!

D:<

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:27 pm

Dakini wrote:If you do well, nobody is going to keep you from being accepted.

I am an American, dammit! I'm not supposed to *have* to work to be successful!

D:<

Sigged. :clap: :rofl:

NSG Sodomy Club Member.
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:29 pm

Euronion wrote:
Shofercia wrote:

We better all get on our knees and pray for another Regan (from California too) beacuse we sure as hell need one

No, we don't need another corporate slave. You have the Democrats (in California) pandering to the poor, the Republicans pandering to the rich, and the middle class gets fucked. We need someone from the middle class, who will fight for middle class values.

Isolated China wrote:
Shofercia wrote:

Well, the Hispanic population is growing and is predicted to overcome the white population eventually. But still, make the illegals pay some form of tax or have them pay back half of what they get for a tuition interest free.

Not if you limit immigration and government handouts. The problem with the bill, is that California's system enables the very poor to qualify for full scholarships. Illegal immigrant families are very poor by definition, so it's giving them a free ride.
Last edited by Shofercia on Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Isolated China
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolated China » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:31 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:
Isolated China wrote: maybe one of them will be smarter then our previous presidents of George Bush and Obama.

Try tellin that to the Democrats and Republicans. They'll be in awe.
- Lao Tzu
- Sun Tzu
- Chinese Proverb
- Chinese Proverb

Oh and I'm back.

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:32 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:That is a brilliant idea. :clap:

After all, nothing says 'free trade agreement' and 'multilateral cooperation' like border fences.

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:32 pm

Shofercia wrote:
Euronion wrote:

No, we don't need another corporate slave. You have the Democrats (in California) pandering to the poor, the Republicans pandering to the rich, and the middle class gets fucked. We need someone from the middle class, who will fight for middle class values.

#1, good luck on Page winning.
#2, getting a politician that cares about the middle class is darn near impossible, no matter what party or state people are in.

NSG Sodomy Club Member.
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's

Gravida
Attaché

Founded: Jul 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gravida » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:34 pm

What a horrid proposal.

I don't even like having to pay into social security, so good thing I don't live in your state.

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:35 pm

Avenio wrote:

After all, nothing says 'free trade agreement' and 'multilateral cooperation' like border fences.

I despise NAFTA and any manner of those type things.
All they do is bend over the American worker.
That gets pinned on 90's Republicans and Clinton.
Stupid all around by all involved.
But then again, most of the 1990's were a giant one of these: :palm: anyway.
Last edited by Coffee Cakes on Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NSG Sodomy Club Member.
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:35 pm

Avenio wrote:

Flame turrets. Border flame turrets.

There is a difference.

Isolated China
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolated China » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:35 pm

Euronion wrote:
Isolated China wrote:Well if Mexico isn't going to educate them, that doesn't mean we should tell them to hop back across the border and let them be stupid. And maybe worsen the drug trafficking.

psh, a band of sixth graders could probably come up with better economic policies

That is very true. Why can't we have Clinton again? At least he tried.

Euronion wrote:
Isolated China wrote:Well, the Hispanic population is growing and is predicted to overcome the white population eventually. But still, make the illegals pay some form of tax or have them pay back half of what they get for a tuition interest free.

Not if you limit immigration and government handouts. The problem with the bill, is that California's system enables the very poor to qualify for full scholarships. Illegal immigrant families are very poor by definition, so it's giving them a free ride.

Well, to limit immigration, we'd have to stop all the immigrants hopping the Mexican-American border. And to do that, we'd need alot of police there, as the major crime around there basically allows free roaming into America.
And I don't understand why they'd want college though. I mean, go get a job for McDonalds or Burger King. But if they want to, well, thats their choice.
- Lao Tzu
- Sun Tzu
- Chinese Proverb
- Chinese Proverb

Oh and I'm back.

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:36 pm

Isolated China wrote:
Coffee Cakes wrote:

I'll drink to that. Sad truth, ain't it?

NSG Sodomy Club Member.
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:39 pm

Guys, seriously:

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2 ... thing.html

Alot needs some rest. He's been doing a lot of work for NSG lately, and people need to stop referencing Alot alot of the time.

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:41 pm

There is a difference.

Ah. Well, as long as we get to use our border defense grizzlies, it's all good.

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:42 pm

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Guys, seriously:

Alot needs some rest. He's been doing a lot of work for NSG lately, and people need to stop referencing Alot alot of the time.

Thanks for that link. I haven't laughed so hard in days. :clap:

NSG Sodomy Club Member.
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:42 pm

Avenio wrote:

There is a difference.

Ah. Well, as long as we get to use our border defense grizzlies, it's all good.

Deal.

NSG Sodomy Club Member.
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's

Belvadaire
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Belvadaire » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:44 pm

first of all, edcuation can't be stolen, you learn as you live, second of all, that must be some sort mainstream education, poisen to children brains, if it's not open fro everyone and must be investigated to ther full extent, by honest authorities, it's bad enough things everywhere is brainwashing kid minds, now that garbage is being stolen, right!!!

Isolated China
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolated China » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:44 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:
Isolated China wrote:Image

I'll drink to that. Sad truth, ain't it?

Yep. Our first black president ruined his one chance to make it seem like black people should get into the White House. Maybe somehow George Washington and Benjamin Franklin predicted Obama would come along and ruin the chances for other races to get into the White House, so named it hence. Or maybe thats just my crazy, hippie side of me talking.

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Guys, seriously:

I'm Southern and I'll speak however I want to, dammit! :p
- Lao Tzu
- Sun Tzu
- Chinese Proverb
- Chinese Proverb

Oh and I'm back.

Paragade
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Paragade » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:52 pm

If immigration laws were streamlined this illegal immigrants would be legal and they would be able to pay taxes. Yes there is a minimum tax bracket for those who make less than $8,500 per year so don't believe any bullshit that the Republicans try and pass off when they say "The poor don't pay their taxes."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General