NATION

PASSWORD

Obama-ism, Freudian Slip, Teleprompter Error or Hack?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Regarding billionaires Paying as Much as Jews....

It's a typical Obama-ism.
23%
It's a Freudian Slip.
35%
It's a teleprompter error.
21%
Someone hacked the teleprompter.
21%

Total votes : 48

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:46 pm

You-Gi-Owe wrote:I’m not a “Paul-istinian”, but I just got this off Ron Paul’s webpage.

“Obama says billionaires should pay same tax rate as a jew.”

http://www.dailypaul.com/180307/obama-says-billionaires-should-pay-same-tax-as-a-jew

Was this just a typical Obama-ism?
Was this a Freudian slip?
Was this a teleprompter error?
Was the teleprompter hacked?

IMO, as a result of sitting and listening to Jeremiah Wright, this is an actual Freudian slip.

Freudian slip. He almost revealed the Jewish Freemasonry dominated New World Order. Thankfully, nobody knows that they are really a front for the Native American dominated New World Order. 8)
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:52 pm

You-Gi-Owe wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:
well if you listen closely to the mistake you will hear that it end in a hard stop that would make it not possibly "jew" it could be "juke box vendors" but not "jews"

That's It!!!!

Have a good day, Ash! AFK

i knew you would understand liberal "dog whistle" wording.

"juke box vendors" is secret liberal speak for "evil capitalists who dont make more than $250k/year"
whatever

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:52 pm

Ashmoria wrote:lol

its funny but i wonder what word he was going to say before he caught himself. ju-nior leaguer? ju-ne bride? ju-welry salesman?

This was my first thought after reading the OP.
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:58 pm

Soxastan wrote:A Freudian Slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.

This be gettin sigged. 8)
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

The Atlantean Menace
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Atlantean Menace » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:01 pm

Probably just a mistake, which I notice isn't in the options. Of your option:

Hack: Seems unlikely that anyone would go through the trouble to put something so mild in the teleprompter.

Teleprompter Error: Why would he have said "Janitor" if the teleprompter said "Jew?" If the teleprompter said it, and he said it, he probably would've gone with the "finish the word" type of correction, like "junior football coach."

Freudian slip: This doesn't even make sense, for numerous reasons:

-Jews aren't paying higher taxes than everyone else.
-If it was a anti-semitic Freudian slip, shouldn't it be implying that Jews have MORE money than other people? Saying "Jew" instead of "Janitor" doesn't really make any sense. If he'd said "Jew" instead of "billionaire" this might be a valid theory.
-While I don't like Obama at all, and there are many character flaws I certainly believe he has, he has never struck me as an anti-semite.

Jakaragua
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakaragua » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:01 pm

It's what he says after that really pains my sides:

"Warrior for the working class" ha ha oh wow

:lol:
Last edited by Jakaragua on Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boredom is counter-revolutionary.

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Founded: May 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:11 pm

The Atlantean Menace wrote:-If it was a anti-semitic Freudian slip, shouldn't it be implying that Jews have MORE money than other people? Saying "Jew" instead of "Janitor" doesn't really make any sense. If he'd said "Jew" instead of "billionaire" this might be a valid theory.

This, how does it make sense to say he was being anti-semitic by implying that Jews are being forced to pay more money in taxes then billionaires, the stereotype of Jews is that they are all rich so if he was being anti-semitic should he being saying Jews and billionaires are paying to little? It is more likely a mispronunciation of beginning of janitor on his part, and the mishearing of the word Jew on the Paulite who posted the information.
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.-FDR

Economic Left/Right: -3.12|Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49

Who is Tom Joad?

Augustus Este
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Augustus Este » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:32 pm

Why this warranted the creation of a thread, is beyond me.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:45 pm

If I may ivoke my estemed fellow Mod, Arch, stop dogpiling YGO. Feel free to trash the argument, don't feel free to trash HIM.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Wazkyraque
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wazkyraque » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:48 pm

Gaffes are 10 times funnier when a politician does it.
"Everything takes time. Bees have to move very fast to stay still."

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:21 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:And yes, we did promise not to turn YGO threads into dog-pile attacks on YGO.

Can we still dog-pile attack his arguments? >_>

If you can find one, sure...
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:40 pm

NERVUN wrote:If I may ivoke my estemed fellow Mod, Arch, stop dogpiling YGO. Feel free to trash the argument, don't feel free to trash HIM.

But your modliness. There is the suspicion he likes being dog piled.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:46 pm

You-Gi-Owe wrote:
IMO, as a result of sitting and listening to Jeremiah Wright, this is an actual Freudian slip.

Maybe he's stressed. Maybe he wouldn't be so stressed if PEOPLE stopped putting pressure into him and let him do his job.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:58 pm

You-Gi-Owe wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:
Obviously, you're aware that doesn't make any sense?

We know what the scripted word was. It was 'janitor'. We know that, because he took another run at it, and got it right.

The point Ashmoria is obviously making, is that that's obviously not what he was saying BEFORE he stopped and started over. "Jupiter","junior"... "juror"... we don't know what word he almost said before he backtracked and corrected... BECAUSE he backtracked and corrected.

Please, enough with the tired partisan bullshit. We get it, you don't like him. But you don't have to crawl the rightwing fringe press looking for faked reasons to hate on him.

LOL.

"We need billionaires to pay as much as Jupiters?"
"We need billionaires to pay as much as juniors?"
"We need billionaires to pay as much as jurors?"

Now you're being silly.

Hey, it might be a stutter. But I wonder if it isn't.

None of those sentences would make sense. So the President would stop and correct himself before he got too far into something stupid.

And, as it happened, that's what he did.

I'm not the one being 'silly' here.
I identify as
a problem

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:08 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
NERVUN wrote:If I may ivoke my estemed fellow Mod, Arch, stop dogpiling YGO. Feel free to trash the argument, don't feel free to trash HIM.

But your modliness. There is the suspicion he likes being dog piled.

Sorry, I'm not in the biz of fulfilling the odd fetishes of the player base. :p
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

New Octopucta
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Octopucta » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:19 pm

Jakaragua wrote:It's what he says after that really pains my sides:

"Warrior for the working class" ha ha oh wow

:lol:

Hyperbolic, cliched metaphors are a well known tool of politicians.

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:37 pm

Grenartia wrote:
You-Gi-Owe wrote:I’m not a “Paul-istinian”, but I just got this off Ron Paul’s webpage.

http://www.dailypaul.com/180307/obama-says-billionaires-should-pay-same-tax-as-a-jew

Freudian slip. He almost revealed the Jewish Freemasonry dominated New World Order. Thankfully, nobody knows that they are really a front for the Native American dominated New World Order. 8)

You mean like in Shadowrun?
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:00 pm

Grenartia wrote:

Which are really a front for the shape shifting reptilians.
Last edited by The Corparation on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General