NATION

PASSWORD

The Garrisson Agreement (Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Zellatia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2008
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

The Garrisson Agreement (Closed)

Postby Zellatia » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:59 am

An Invitation

To: New Hayesalia

Over the last few years we have thought quite often of our comraderie during the 2nd Great Zellatian Civil War. As a result, we would like to join this Tenter Union of yours and accordingly would like to sign a series of agreements to better foster future relations between our two nations. Among other things, the place of the agreement will be at the Garrisson Diplomatic Assembly and Stadium. However, due to the current state of the Garrissonian airport, it is unsafe to land in. As a result, we would like to have you instead have your diplomatic party land at the Go'Utlier National Airport. I assure you that it is the safest airport in the area, as well as being less then 50 miles away from Garrisson. Perhaps you could stop by an archaeological site on the way if you so please. We will have Limosines awaiting you upon your arrival, as well as a seasoned diplomat waiting to greet you. We hope yo accept this invitation, and that our countries shall both have bright futures.

Sincerely, Emperor Zellan III Destroniki, Emperor of Zellatia, Tigaria, the Dominions and Colonies of Zellatia, Overlord of Neukinia, Monkinia, Destronika; both new and old, Fantas, Ho-Jin, Garrissonia, Midalia, Mount Guan, Red Clifatia, Arche, Zol, Ainia, Lupeia, Drasia, Leonitia, Oassi, the Ambrom Coast, the Hatari, Lup'e, Hazstan, Tropicania, the D'ang, Fr'zia, Mino, Gendia, Solonia, Pandonia, Zealia, Forinj, Pedronia, the Zangids, Jiana, Spartiota, the Frosted Moor, and the Mrgian Vulcan Folk.
Last edited by Zellatia on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:04 am

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN- LONG LIVE NEW HAYESALIA.
COMPATIENS, LIBERA, ET CONTUMAX
Garrisson Agreement

To the Democratic Republic,

The Greater Island Kingdom also remembers the Zellatian Civil War. It was an unargued point in our history; one in which our support kept a nation prosepering. You may expect the New Hayesalian delegation of Prime Minister Hayes, Foreign Minister Frankie, Deputy PM Anthony Scapalotti and Air Chief Marshal Jordan Scotts in a few days, along with a draft version of the NH-Zellatia agreement. We hope that it shall be a constructive and excellent visit, and for continuing support for our nations.

Signed,
Queen Olivia Granville I,
Queen of New Hayesalia,

Transcribed for and signed on behalf of,
Daniel Hayes,
Prime Minister of New Hayesalia,

Signed,
Anthony Scapalotti,
Deputy Prime Minister of New Hayesalia,

The aircraft could be seen quite clearly. Wrapped in lovely bright colors and sporting the roundel of the New Hayesalian Air Force, the admittedly aging 767 touched down on the airfield. It slowed rapidly, and broke off to taxi to the recieving VIP gate. Commercial airliners could be seen, and the ACM saw heads turn to look at the colorful government jet.

As the air stairs came to meet the jet, the door opened and the uniformed steward locked it into place. The crew saw the diplomats off, keeping a careful eye on the blind PM. The Air Chief Marshal exchanged some words with the staff, and followed the party down the stairs. They were ready for pickup.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:12 am

As the limosines pulled up the sidewalk, the diplomat, Zeln Minose, jumped out, in a maneuver reminiscent of a spy movie. He immediately said upon landing, " Sorry about that, I haven't had the ability to attempt that maneuver as of late what with my diplomatic status. I used to be a member of the Zealites, Zellatia's most elite military force. Anyways, I will be the Zellatian diplomat in charge of the Agreement. I have full authority vested in me by the Emperor himself, and, among other things, I am here to greet you. Welcome to Zellatia! Garrissonia Province to be exact. The city we'll be having the meeting at, Garrisson is only a short half hour ride away. I hope that this meeting will be full of positive feelings, trade agreements, as well as a finalized alliance".

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:56 am

The New Hayesalians smiled politely and exchanged greetings. They loaded into the vehicle, Spetzgruppa Nachal'nik in a vehicle behind and in front of the diplomatic vehicle. There may be some... harsh feelings from someone or other. They would be going through streets that New Hayesalians had died in. The recieving Zellatian was going to give a bit of a tour it seemed; and the New Hayesalians paid plenty of attention.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:36 am

15 minutes after the group of delegates hit the road, they exited the roadway and began to head towards a large forested area. Soon, after 10 minutes of slow travel, they arrive at a cementary. The Diplomat, Zeln Minose, voices to the other limos that they are at a very important area. He explains, "Over the last six years we've been identifying bodies that were found in the region and have been burying them. All that were found to have New Hayesalian dogtags and the like were buried here. Part of the meeting in Garrisson will be to determine what to do with the fallen soldiers, whether to keep them here or send them home"

The Cementary itself was very ornate, with angels and other types of heavenly imagery seen throughout. The entrance, guilded with gold, shone brightly at the end of the road, with armed guards making sure that the dead were not dug up, or their final resting places dishonored.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:14 am

"This is gonna be a flashback." said ACM Scotts, plainly. You could tell she was trying to suppress her emotion. As te New Hayesalians made their way with their counterparts, they saw a well-maintained New Hayesalian flag flying in the sun. It stood over the graves of about 40 New Hayesalians, identified only by the dogtags and PI (Personnel Information) inscribed onto their Chameleon battlesuits. It was a very plain way to go, buried in Zellatia. There had been arguments at home. Was the fighting really so bad they couldn'tt bring home the bodies of the dead? Why didn't the New Hayesalians go to recieve their sons and daughters after the war?

Becuase they didn't know.

Scotts asked, plainly- "How long have these graves been here?"

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:39 am

Noting the sullen atmosphere emanating from the ACM Scotts, he replied candidly, "We found the first of them three years ago. We thought that you'd want to know about the whereabouts of more then one soldier, so we kept looking. There are some places, like the old Garrisson airport that might have a few more bodies, but for the most part this was all we could find. 40 soldiers. We couldn't really find any more, and decided that today was a good day as any to decide on their fates. I know personally that you'd want them returned. We can arrange for the temporary exhumation necessary to ship them. However, let it be known that it is possible that some of the missing dead are still out there. Some may even still be alive somewhere. If you could compile a list of the missing and dead who aren't currently buried here, we can probably find them faster and easier, if they still are out there. The fighting wasn't limited to here though, so in all probability there are still many New Hayesalians missing from the graveyard. In the past three years this was all we could find with limited information. A part of our treaty should include a clause to help us find your dead. We owe you more then that much."

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:22 pm

"That's sounding like something we were suggesting in the draft. Ok, let's head."

The party left, but not after Scotts saluted the general direction of the graves. Zellatia's Civil War was an unknown war to many New Hayesalians, and it had a major effect still on their culture. A very mixed experience. Ah well. The New Hayesalians clambered back into their car, on their way to the conference.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 pm

Soon the caravan of diplomatic vehicles were within the Garrissonian city limits. A large ancient wall, far older then any building in the area, was passed through, as the road included a tunnel through it. As the diplomats passed under the wall and into the city itself, they could marvel at the vastness of the city. Despite being almost destroyed during the civil war, the city had a burgeoning population of around 50 million people, although most of that number live in the suburbs surrounding the city itself. As they headed down the Imperial Highway, they could also see a large statue. It depitcted Emperor Zellan III's father, Emperor Zellath IX, as he looks down on the city, watching for it's safety, even after his journey to the afterlife. Soon the group emissaries arrived at the Garrisson Diplomatic Assembly and Stadium and parked. The stadium portion was just as it was described, a stadium. Normally on such a clear, sunny day such as this it would be filled to the brim with fans. Instead, it was empty, due to the diplomatic meeting. No rowdy sports fan would be bothering the diplomats this day. However, connected to it is a large pentagonical shaped building, with a massive flag pole, with both the flags of Zellatia and New Hayesalia at full mast.

The Zellatian Diplomat, Zeln Minose, showed them into the area, where several armed gaurds were at the ready in case of an attack.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:16 am

Armed guards were always a bit of a fascinator for New Hayesalians. Sort of like a stand out show. ACM scotts couldn't talk though. She had taken Hayes' advice of carrying a Makarov. Before the incident, he always carried an engraved one. He had given it to Scotts. The New Hayesalian walked into the arena. Quite an extravagant show, thought one of the Spetzgruppa Nachanl'nik agents on protection duties.

And there stood the diplomats.
Last edited by New Hayesalia on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:25 am

OOC: Quick bump

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:46 am

The men waiting in the coliseum/diplomacy area were also diplomats like Zeln, but they were lower ranked in comparison to him, so he quickly situated himself at the head of the delegation. Soon both groups were sitting down at a large table, with the Zellatians and the New Hayesalians sitting accross from each other. Zeln began to speak soon after all of the diplomats were situated, " Well then, I assume you have a basic treaty we can begin these negotiations with?"

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:48 am

"We figured we'd use the Tenter Agreement as a base and see how you guys thought about it," said Hayes, cooly. "Take a look."

CIVILIAN AGREEMENT

1. All Zellatian and Hayesalian citizens will be eligible to apply for a dual citizenship, any person of Zellatian or Hayesalian citizenship who is working in the other nation is eligible to citizenship in that nation and their application will take priority over others from other nations;

2. A Zellatian or Hayesalian passport will be enough authorization to be able to travel to the other nation;

3. Zellatian or Hayesalian tourists in the other nation will be treated the same way as a citizen of said country and will have access to the same protection and benefits as a citizen, including employment and residency;

4. Any tourism tax or fees on visiting tourist sites controlled by the government will be waved or alleviated depending on the price for citizens of Zellatian or Hayesalian citizenship;

5. Any trade tariff taxing the other nation's industry exports into the other nation will be waved or lessened, incentives will be given to companies who regularly trade to the other nation to encourage active trade between our markets;

6. Zellatian or Hayesalian workers will be given the same wages and benefits as a citizen who was born in the country in question when working in the other country;

7. Both governments cannot give refugee to criminals from the other nation;

8. On crimes/crises which will/can affect both nations both nation's law enforcement should cooperate to solve the issue at hand;

9. Transportation Safety shall be monitored and investigated by a joint authority;

10. It is encouraged that educational and research institutions follow similar guidelines and share research and innovation;

MILITARY AGREEMENT
1. The Democratic Empire and the Greater Island Kingdom will assist each nation by jointly funding research projects for the furtherment of military intelligence;

2. The Democratic Empire and the Greater Island Kingdom shall both make an investiture in the New Hayesalian developed Ground Sea Air Missile System (GSAMS) in order to ensure national hydrospace, aerospace, and ground protection;

3. The Democratic Empire will have full access to the usage of the Sea Land Air Missile System (SLAMS) in reconnaissance and offensive measures;

4. The Greater Island Kingdom will be permitted to request the usage of Zellatian special weapons in a war on New Hayesalian soil, if need be;

5. The Intelligence Services of The Democratic Empire and of the Greater Island Kingdom will conference in a matter in which the applicable security administrators of both nations will be permitted to acknowledge allied reports;

6. Military Bases will be joint New Hayesalian-Zellatian National Soil, and will fly the flags of both nations in accordance with those nations regulations. These bases may be used and funded by either nation, or both;

7. The New Hayesalian Military and associated organisations will accept nationals of The Democratic Empire to serve in the New Hayesalian Military, and the Rustikan Military and associated organisations will accept New Hayesalian nationals to serve in The Democratic Empire's military and associated oganisations;

8. Members of both nations will allow Officers, Non commissioned Officers, and General Enlisted from the other nation access to specialty schooling and training, if slotting is available. This will help ensure an even closer bond between forces and help ensure a smooth integration and transition;

9. Servicepersons of both nations will be permitted to wear decorations of the other nation, if awarded;

10. An official military justice code will be redrawn to encompass both the military law of the Rustikan Military, Zellatian Military and New Hayesalian Military, with judges formed from both nations;

11. The Greater Island Kingdom and The Democratic Empire will engage in major wargames biannually;

12. The Greater Island Kingdom of New Hayesalia and the The Democratic Empire of Zellatia will support each nation in times of need or war, except under the agreement of both nations.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:53 am

"The agreement so far looks pretty good" began Zeln Minose, the diplomat, "We should add a war dead provision as well. Perhaps we could also add a shared patent list in addition to the trade agreement. We should also have bases on each other's land, in case of attack as well as for defensive reasons. We could have a base on one of your major islands, while you could have a base on Tigaria Isle's southern beachhead. We already have men in our Tenter territory as well thanks to you. Is there anything else you'd wish to add?"

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:51 pm

"Not in any main terms, no. However on your provision to open new bases, article number 6 of the Military Agreement actually essentially gives the Zellatian Military new operational ability in New Hayesalia. And how is this for a new section."

13. The Democratic Empire of Zellatia will assist in exhuming the war dead from the Zellatian Civil War back to the Greater Island Kingdom.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:11 pm

"That addition is quite a good one. Hmm.... Perhaps we can also add a clause in regards to education? Both of our nations have great colleges, secondary schools, and vocational schools. By that merit, perhaps we can add on to the education portion of the agreement to allow students from each nation to go to the other's final schools without any negative reprecussions? In addition, perhaps militarily we can have a joint intelligence task force between us two specifically? I mean we are the two larger nations of the Tenter Union," Said the Zellatian diplomat.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:39 pm

"Well, I'm not completely sure a clause in educaton is something we should add," stated Hayes, pensive. "I think the grade systems are the same, but I wouldn't say it's something we particularily want. Students are also given the right to study as part of artice two, anyway. Regarding military intelligence, I'm sure aticle five aptly addresses your concerns. You'll likely also be given rights to Rustikan reports, I'd say. I think by and large the agreement is addressing your concerns."

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:13 pm

" Hmm... I guess I didn't read the agreement as deeply as I thought I did. Let's see.....Well for now I can't think of anything further. Perhaps though, one other thing. Perhaps we could have a kind of biannual leadership visit? It would be your leader arriving in Zellatia for a state visit, and our Emperor visiting your nation. It would be an honor if such an event was added to the treaty", said Zeln.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:42 pm

"To be honest, I think that's another thing that can be handled when we want to or need to do it. There's never any sort of argument when two heads of state visit. I think we can leave that out, Zelan." Hayes smiled, his pale-blue eyes crinkling to look quite friendly. They used to be brown, before the accident.

"Do you plan to sign it in front of the press, at all?"

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:00 am

(You are talking to Zeln)

" Only if you want to sign up in front of the press. Otherwise, we can keep this as private as you desire", Zeln said, taking down some notes, " I'm ready to sign the document whenever you are".

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:59 pm

"We should take it to the press. Good PR, I'm told."

Hayes stood from his chair, guide dog standing with him. He spoke again- "If you'd like to walk with me, we can find a place to go sign this agreement."

Scotts, Scapalotti and the rest of the New Hayesalian delegates stood to follow Hayes, the Zellatians rising as well.

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:50 pm

Zeln soon strided besides Hayes and his guide dog, and spoke, " We have a press room nearby if you'd like to do this today. It would take a few hours for the press to arrive of course, but during this period I would like to talk to you privately about... a man we recently found. I was only told an hour ago, but it seems he was a soldier during the civil war. However, we have no records of him as a part of our army, nor does he match any of the Maxedonian soldiers who went missing during the civil war either. However, the hitch is that he is an amnesiac. We don't have any ID for him, so if you would please, the local asylum is pretty close by. Do you mind stopping there before the press conference?"

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:35 pm

"Really? Shit. I suppose we can. I doob't know about it being a New Hayesalian, they tend to be quite outspoken about their service." Hayes was flanked by a couple of Spetzgruppa Nachal'nik soldiers, dressed well in suits with various hidden armaments.

"Lead the way."

Zellatia
Diplomat

Postby Zellatia » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:40 pm

It was a ten minute walk to the sanitorium, but eventually they made it to the front gates. Over the com, a loud, but nasaly voice spoke, "Are you entering a patient or visiting one?", to which Zeln quickly responded, " Zerl, don't make me hit you. Visiting of course.", to which the voice, Zerl, responded, " Oh it's you cousin. Here for the amnesiatic soldier are you? He's currently in room 5d awaiting a brain scan to see if the current brain damage he has can be in some way reversed. His scan should be over in a few minutes. In the mean time, come on in."

The gates opened, and several sanatorium gaurds escorted the large group into the asylum. Soon they arrived outside of room 5d, where a man walked out, obviously a patient of the sanatorium.

OOC: This is where you decide whether or not he's a New Hayesalian or not. If he isn't, then whatever, if he is then it's up to you to role play him, that is, if you don't mind.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:02 pm

The wrinkly, lanky man came out the door. He spoke, a simple hello, with a New Hayesalian accent. That was a start. Then Scotts pinned her eyes on a tattoo on the mans arm. NHM LIFE with a crown underneath.

This man was a New Hayesalian.

The group had a conversation, which seemed to go on for hours. Really, it was only 30 minutes.

"So, would you like to stay here or come home?" asked Scotts.

The man pondered this for a while. He mulled it over for about a minute, and said with a choking voice, "home", before breaking down in joyful tears into Scott's arms.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents