NATION

PASSWORD

The Chronicles of Mystria: Times of Sorrow I

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.
Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

The Chronicles of Mystria: Times of Sorrow I

Postby Crystal Spires » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:01 pm

The Village of Suld

The normally quiet and peaceful town of Suld is merry today with its boisterous activity. It is the Eve of the celebrations that happen on the Day of the Harvest Moon, one of the biggest holidays of the year. Many tourists have come to see the local parades and celebrations and the temples are of course adorned with beautiful decorations commemorating the coming festivities. The smell of delicious baked goods waft across the breeze, while people prepare the wood for the dances and bonfires in the evening. The knights are using their off duty hours to train hard for today at high noon, because there will be a tournament where many people from all around Mystria compete for the grand melee. The bards have begun their rounds, and poetry and song is echoing throughout the city streets. The only ones who seem to be having a hard time are the city guardsmen, who with the Knights of the Holy Order must keep the streets and city in order, because it is during these times of frivolity and joy that the worst of tragedies can strike.
Last edited by Crystal Spires on Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Read the Mystria Factbook if you want to Join the region, read the factbook and contact Spires.
1 2 3 4 5
Tech Level: FanT

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Lucantis
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

John "Venom"/"Ender" Riddick

Postby Lucantis » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:17 pm

During these times of joy, John "Venom"/"Ender" Riddick was one of the worst of tragedies. He was running up and down the buildings, searching for someone. Lucky for him, it was night. Finally, he thought. He came to a man walking alone. Ender dropped down in front of the man. "I finally got you," said John in a deep voice. He got out his daggers and his target started running. "Help me!" the man screamed. But Ender through a dagger into the man's back and then another. When he caught up, he said, "This is the end for you," took the daggers out of the man's back, stabbed him once more, and left.

Note: I didn't say he was ruthless or violent in the Bio. I just thought I added somethings.
Last edited by Lucantis on Wed Aug 8, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 999,999,999,999,999,999 times in total.

Defense condition of FRL
DEFCON 5: Normal readiness
DEFCON 4: Strengthened security measures
DEFCON 3: Increase in force readiness above than required for normal readiness
DEFCON 2: Further increase in force readiness, but less than maximum readiness
DEFCON 1: War is imminent.
OOC
Milky Way RPs that I'm involved in:
Triple Planet Campaign

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:37 pm

It's perfectly fine, as long as he is in character, and given his backstory, it's perfectly logical, but just a note to edit the above, make this happen the night before the harvest festival

A beastling carefully wakes up in a pile of tattered clothes piled in a heap in the alley. He spotted the figure walking away carrying the bloody dagger. Not my business he thought to himself. People die day to day, and if he doesn't know I witnessed that, he won't bother me. I just hope he's not the type to kill off all witnesses. Better keep my cool. He heard a nasty gurgling from the corpse and he got up and ran off in the opposite direction of the killer.

A city guard saw him running and then spotted the corpse and immediately gave chase to the fox-eared beastling.

Why is the pudgy iron teakettle following me this time? Oi wait, he's got the wrong idea. He's completely got the wrong idea. I didn't do it this time...

"WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE SAME?!" he shouted while running.
Last edited by Crystal Spires on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Read the Mystria Factbook if you want to Join the region, read the factbook and contact Spires.
1 2 3 4 5

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Democratic Eurasia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Eurasia » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:58 pm

Knight-Captain Saren Arvok was in a good mood, he wasn't ordinarily the most emotional of men- it didn't come easily to him- but today was a good day. There was a festival feel to the town that brought back fond memories of his childhood from before he had been entrusted to the Order, it had been one of the few times he and his brothers had been allowed out into the town amidst the bustle of the markets and stalls. Moreover, here in the present, he had recieved excellant news- Paladin Tarver, commander of the local legion- had just approved his promotion to Knight-Commander. Soon he would move on to a new assignment or command, it was a welcome reward for the hard service he had given in recent months. And this afternoon's tournament looked to be some good sport. He had had most of the previous week since his return to Suld off and had been able to train quite intensively, but today he decided to relax a little and take a reverie inducing stroll through town towards the family house where a training spar with his brother, the Count Ferrian, would limber him up nicely.
Or that was the plan...
"WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE SAME?!"

Arvok snapped out of his daydream instantly and around the corner came a shouting beast-man.

"What's going on?" he called as he instinctively broke into a run after the fox-eared being, "Halt, friend, what's the matter?"
"Jenkins... chap with wings, there. Five rounds rapid." Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

By the way, please excuse all spelling and grammar mistakes- they are indeed numerous and highly irritating. If its any consolation they annoy me just as much. Its just combing through and editing your post for a 3rd time for that last 'their' that should be 'they're' would last me to the next general election. I'm not good with keyboards. But I am a good speller in the real world. Really. I'm not just saying that.
Honestly.

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:04 pm

Democratic Eurasia wrote:"What's going on?" he called as he instinctively broke into a run after the fox-eared being, "Halt, friend, what's the matter?"

The Guardsman bowed and saluted his Captain and the beastling immediately stuck his hands up defensively.

"There has been a murder and this man was seen fleeing the scene of the crime. I gave chase and now the decision is in your hands, Captain."

"I didn't do it!" the beastling said with a gleeful sly smile. "But I bet all criminals say that. So what now? Should I say I did it so that you won't suspect me? Or, no, that would not work hmmm..."
Last edited by Crystal Spires on Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 2 3 4 5

Democratic Eurasia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Eurasia » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:12 pm

"If you did not, then who did?" Arvok interrupted, "Guardsman, perhaps you should summon reinforcements. Have someone examine the body, and keep the alley off limits to the populace. Beast-man- what is your name and purpose of being here, and what do you claim to know of this murder? I remind you- there a few others of your kind here, should you attempt to run again not only I will be forced to assume your guilt, but I will not have great difficulty in tracking you down and capturing you. You are not under arrest, but you will assist us in this matter."
"Jenkins... chap with wings, there. Five rounds rapid." Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

By the way, please excuse all spelling and grammar mistakes- they are indeed numerous and highly irritating. If its any consolation they annoy me just as much. Its just combing through and editing your post for a 3rd time for that last 'their' that should be 'they're' would last me to the next general election. I'm not good with keyboards. But I am a good speller in the real world. Really. I'm not just saying that.
Honestly.

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:24 pm

Democratic Eurasia wrote: you will assist us in this matter."

"That's a good question, and I'm not so stupid to resist about 1,2, 3, 4, 5.. and you sir count as 6 and a half... armed guards" He said while looking carefully at the rather battle hardened warriors in front of him with an almost embarrassed expression. "And my name is Jabrill Nascent. Pleased to meet you."

One of the scouts behind Saren gave Jabrill a nasty look. "Captain, I can't help but feel like he's mocking us somehow."
1 2 3 4 5

United World Order
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Jerimiah walked into the villiage his trusty Sword shealthed at his side, He came to vist his mother who lived in the center of the villiage as he walked with his robed hood covering most of his face a grin he had like always because most had told him he was sort of mental but he never believed them and carried on, A scar bestoyed his left cheek from a deul with a elf that he won and decapitated the elf because it was dishonor to loose and that death should be permitted if the opponet looses that applied to Jerimiahs small japanese culture as he treked the villiage

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:17 pm

United World Order wrote:as he treked the villiage

Jeremiah could sense the uncomfortable presence of watching eyes as an old man approached him.

"Another traveler come to see the festivities?" he said to Jerimiah with a strange tone, "I suspect you intend to enter the grand melee. It is a good idea to do these things when you are young. One cannot tell when the sands of time will wear you away like the waves whittle away at glass. But you are not glass, are you young man?"
1 2 3 4 5

United World Order
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:38 pm

Crystal Spires wrote:
United World Order wrote:as he treked the villiage

Jeremiah could sense the uncomfortable presence of watching eyes as an old man approached him.

"Another traveler come to see the festivities?" he said to Jerimiah with a strange tone, "I suspect you intend to enter the grand melee. It is a good idea to do these things when you are young. One cannot tell when the sands of time will wear you away like the waves whittle away at glass. But you are not glass, are you young man?"

"Im only here to see my mother who lives in this villiage, Her name is Annabell.., Im not interested in this Grand Melee " Jermiah said as he looked around

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:56 pm

United World Order wrote:"Im only here to see my mother who lives in this villiage, Her name is Annabell.., Im not interested in this Grand Melee " Jermiah said as he looked around

"A true warrior recognizes his loyalty, and one with loyalty to his family is strong, unshakable." he turned away from Jermiah and gave a soft chuckle, "We will meet each other again, stranger."

Three elves in leather armor came out, one carrying a chain scythe, another wielding a sword and shield, and another with a pole-arm. The Chain-scythe wielder unleashed a furious attack upon Jeremiah.
1 2 3 4 5

United World Order
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Crystal Spires wrote:
United World Order wrote:"Im only here to see my mother who lives in this villiage, Her name is Annabell.., Im not interested in this Grand Melee " Jermiah said as he looked around

"A true warrior recognizes his loyalty, and one with loyalty to his family is strong, unshakable." he turned away from Jermiah and gave a soft chuckle, "We will meet each other again, stranger."

Three elves in leather armor came out, one carrying a chain scythe, another wielding a sword and shield, and another with a pole-arm. The Chain-scythe wielder unleashed a furious attack upon Jeremiah.

Jerimiah with speed unshealthed his Katana and blocked the attack getting the chain scythe wrapped around the sword as Jerimiah tugged him foward as Jerimiah slid his hidden dagger out and slit the elf's throat and unwrapped the chain from the Katana as the elve dropped to the floor

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:03 pm

United World Order wrote:Jerimiah with speed unshealthed his Katana and blocked the attack getting the chain scythe wrapped around the sword as Jerimiah tugged him foward as Jerimiah slid his hidden dagger out and slit the elf's throat and unwrapped the chain from the Katana as the elve dropped to the floor

The elf with a polearm began to charge a magical attack and a fireball flew at Jeremiah, narrowly missing him while the elf with a sword and shield attacked. The Polearm wielding elf began to charge a healing spell and the wound on the fallen elf healed.
1 2 3 4 5

United World Order
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:07 pm

Crystal Spires wrote:
United World Order wrote:Jerimiah with speed unshealthed his Katana and blocked the attack getting the chain scythe wrapped around the sword as Jerimiah tugged him foward as Jerimiah slid his hidden dagger out and slit the elf's throat and unwrapped the chain from the Katana as the elve dropped to the floor

The elf with a polearm began to charge a magical attack and a fireball flew at Jeremiah, narrowly missing him while the elf with a sword and shield attacked. The Polearm wielding elf began to charge a healing spell and the wound on the fallen elf healed.

Jerimiah ducked the attack from the Elf and struck him in the groin with his knee as he bounced up and grabbed the sheild and turned it on the elf hitting with it twice as he let go swiftly cut the elf's head off with a clean slice as he pushed the decapitated body out of the way and stood infront of the remaining elves

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:13 pm

United World Order wrote: Jerimiah ducked the attack from the Elf and struck him in the groin with his knee as he bounced up and grabbed the sheild and turned it on the elf hitting with it twice as he let go swiftly cut the elf's head off with a clean slice as he pushed the decapitated body out of the way and stood infront of the remaining elves

A young scout of the city guard spotted Jerimiah and shouted, "Jeremiah, look out!" while shooting at the polearm wielding elf in the forehead while the remaining elf threw the chainscythe at the young scout who took the hit to the chest and fell to one knee bleeding.

"Finish me." The elf said cooly. "Do it."
1 2 3 4 5

United World Order
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:18 pm

Crystal Spires wrote:
United World Order wrote: Jerimiah ducked the attack from the Elf and struck him in the groin with his knee as he bounced up and grabbed the sheild and turned it on the elf hitting with it twice as he let go swiftly cut the elf's head off with a clean slice as he pushed the decapitated body out of the way and stood infront of the remaining elves

A young scout of the city guard spotted Jerimiah and shouted, "Jeremiah, look out!" while shooting at the polearm wielding elf in the forehead while the remaining elf threw the chainscythe at the young scout who took the hit to the chest and fell to one knee bleeding.

"Finish me." The elf said cooly. "Do it."

Jerimiah stood at attention holding the Katana remebering how to do this in a ceremonial fashion, He raised the katana prepareing to cut his head off as he took a breath and looked into the Elf's eyes as he delivered a clean slice to the elfs neck and decapitated him as his body fell to the floor blood spilling on the floor.. as Jerimiah shealthed his sword and bowed infront of the deseased body

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:24 pm

United World Order wrote: As Jerimiah shealthed his sword and bowed infront of the deseased body

The scout blew the horn he carried and he carefully pulled out the scythe but the bleeding was painful and he sat upright letting go of his bow. The boy looked somewhat familiar.
1 2 3 4 5

Democratic Eurasia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Eurasia » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:49 am

Crystal Spires wrote:
Democratic Eurasia wrote: you will assist us in this matter."

"That's a good question, and I'm not so stupid to resist about 1,2, 3, 4, 5.. and you sir count as 6 and a half... armed guards" He said while looking carefully at the rather battle hardened warriors in front of him with an almost embarrassed expression. "And my name is Jabrill Nascent. Pleased to meet you."

One of the scouts behind Saren gave Jabrill a nasty look. "Captain, I can't help but feel like he's mocking us somehow."

"Yes, he may be, but he has also assessed the situation correctly and at least partially answered my question. If the alley is secured then call a healer to examine the body." he turned back to Nascent, "Mr. Nascent- please tell me why you are in Suld and then why a guard observed you fleeing a murder scene."

Honestly.

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:58 am

Democratic Eurasia wrote: "Yes, he may be, but he has also assessed the situation correctly and at least partially answered my question. If the alley is secured then call a healer to examine the body." he turned back to Nascent, "Mr. Nascent- please tell me why you are in Suld and then why a guard observed you fleeing a murder scene."

"I was in Suld because I am completing one of my tasks." Jabrill said. "I'm a pilgrim from the order of the Nenya in Caltris. Or one could say, I'm paying penance. Either way, I won a bet with a local innkeeper and he got rather cross and refused to let me sleep in the inn so I slept outside. I just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Or maybe the right place, one could never know... I didn't kill the guy, I just happened to be there, ah and I didn't see his face, the killer's." He said with a sly Cheshire cat grin.

A couple of the knights laughed their heads off at the explanation, first of all, why would a beastling worship a goddess of changelings? Second of all, if he won the money from the innkeeper why didn't he simply go to another inn? Third of all why on earth would someone flee the scene of the crime? Saren could discern that Jabrill was certainly hiding something.
Last edited by Crystal Spires on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 2 3 4 5

Democratic Eurasia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Eurasia » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:26 am

"Did this being discard any weapons as he ran?" Arvok asked the guard who had first chased the beast-man.
"Not that I saw, sir. Shall I take a man and search the alley for murder weapons?"
Arvok nodded and turned back to the beast-man,
"I'm sure that you're aware that such an explantion leads to obvious questions- your task, why you worship the Changeling god and why you ran. And I will expect answers, but firstly- if your story is true then we must search for the killer. Describe, so the guards and my kinghts might start to search the murderer out in the city. If it isn't true, then my men are engaged on an excellant training excercise, whilst I have the killer here before me. Please- the murderer's description as you saw him. And then answers as to your tasks, religious affiliation and actions."

Honestly.

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:37 am

Democratic Eurasia wrote:Please- the murderer's description as you saw him. And then answers as to your tasks, religious affiliation and actions."

Jabrill slightly looked apprehensive for a second, "I have a pair of daggers on me, but you'll see they're clean, and I haven't attacked anyone yet, I've kept everything good and easy for you. Should you decide to strike me down here I won't resist, because I have been sworn to service of Nenya, and killing guards is against tenets even if it is justified. I am of Nenyan affiliation because I believe in her, nothing more." Saren could discern that this was true.

"As for the killer I didn't see anything I was covered in clothes at the time." This statement filled Saren with doubt.

"As for my task, I am on a quest. A holy pilgrimage to find the Golden Flower of Zaiden." he said with a slight frown.

The knights became quiet, because they knew what that meant.
1 2 3 4 5

Democratic Eurasia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Eurasia » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:13 am

Arvok was taken aback by Jabrill's last words.
"That- that is either boldest lie I have ever heard, or you are a person I have gravely misjudged. Very well. If you claim this holy mission, and to be an affiliate of Neneyan, then I will not arrest you. Your daggers are clean and you have offered no resistance. You running was understandable- but very unwise. But I must press you again- the killer. You surely saw or heard something about him. It is in your best interest to tell us. Give what description you can, tell me everything you know of this murder and I promise you food and shelter and aid with your quest. Quickly- I heard horns blowing earlier, on such a busy day for Suld I doubt this is the only crime. I would have these guards set to work immediatly and you given some lunch. In compensation for your time and cooperation of course."
He emphasised the word cooperation so as to give a clear hint.

Honestly.

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:30 am

Democratic Eurasia wrote:He emphasised the word cooperation so as to give a clear hint.

"Alright, I don't suppose I have much to lose, aside from my life so maybe if we could talk about a reward of sorts? What I can tell you is that he was tall, either a human or a changeling in humanoid form with tanned skin without hair. He was wearing a dark cloak, but he was wearing odd clothing, but he was also really strong. I couldn't hope to fight him off myself playing fair. I'd die."

Saren could tell this was the truth, but he could also tell that if it was the truth, things are even worse than he thought.

A Guard rushed to the Knight-Commander, "Captain, There has been another attack. An attack on a citizen by foreign agents he dispatched them, but one of our own has been seriously injured. It's Teagan, he's been wounded."

Jabrill smiled, "Ah, I'm off the hook then, yes? Maybe your killers were these foreign agents." Obviously the elves were not at all like Jabrill described, so even the other guards knew this was not so.
Last edited by Crystal Spires on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 2 3 4 5

Democratic Eurasia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Eurasia » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:26 am

"I doubt it, Mr Nascent. The killer you described was not three elves. Very well, guardsman. I'm not supposed to be on duty you know, but inform the Guard-Commander and my Paladin of these incidents. As I am on scene I will take at least intial command for this matter. Send the healer to Teagan immediatly. You men- I want two men to remain here and search the alley again and then to take this body to the morgue. Everyone else should begin to pass the word around to look out for this strange murderer. A strong, male humanoid, tanned, bald and in a dark cloak and strange clothes. He is only to be appraoched by patrols of at least four men- and I want all patrols of the Order and Guard to be strengthened to account for this, including the guards at the town's gates. Inform the Commander and Paladin that this is my request and reccomendation. Guardsman- show me he way to this incident. I want three others to join us." he turned to Jabrill, "And you, please. I will keep your indentity safe, but I hope you will be able to confirm if any of those arrested are the right man. In the meantime we should go to this other incident- if you stay with me I can help to keep you safe. If you are hungry then I shall buy you some food on the way. When I can, I will also arrange a bed and a meal or two for you, should you wish it."

And damned if I'm going to be able to take part in the tournament at this rate. Damn! Which reminds me.
"And you there," he called to the guard who had first chased Jabrill, "Go to Count Ferrian's manor- inform him of these matters and tell him I am unable to join him as I am seeing to them. Send my apologies and my best wishes for his performance this afternoon."

Honestly.

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:44 am

Democratic Eurasia wrote: Send my apologies and my best wishes for his performance this afternoon."

"Yes sir," said the guardsmen. "May wisdom guard your footsteps, Captain." They said in unison and immediately did as they were told.

While they began to fan out, one guardsman gave Jabrill a nasty look, and shook his head while approaching Captain Arvok he carefully approached him and whispered low to the captain's ear. "It is not wise to trust the word of a beastman captain. I would keep your guard up while he is with you. Make no mistake, beastmen are cruel and merciless. So it is my wish that the captain will not hesitate to kill that monster if he should become hostile." The guardsman nodded his head and walked to his post.

Jabrill smirked as his eye glinted, "Thank you Captain... what is your name? I never asked."
1 2 3 4 5

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives