NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn Punk Reloaded

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

[PASSED] Condemn Punk Reloaded

Postby A mean old man » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:16 pm

More info coming soon...

The World Assembly,

ACKNOWLEDGING with regret the chaos which erupted within the Pacifics several months ago as a result of [nation=short+noflag]Sedgistan[/nation]'s takeover of The South Pacific and as a result of the ensuing conflict between The West Pacific and The South Pacific,

RECOGNIZING [nation=short+noflag]Punk Reloaded[/nation] as the renegade delegate of The West Pacific,

NOTING that, soon before the takeover in The South Pacific, Punk Reloaded noted the threat of a mutiny by the old guard of The West Pacific, which was angered by Punk Reloaded's inactivity and wished to replace the delegate,

FURTHER NOTING that Punk Reloaded's unnecessary response to this threat was to declare war on The South Pacific rather than to make improvements to conditions within The West Pacific, claiming that the war was part of The West Pacific's crusade on "inactivity" while Punk Reloaded was merely attempting to avoid the consequences of being an inactive delegate within its home region,

ACKNOWLEDGING this war with The South Pacific as a totally unwarranted action against a damaged region and noting that Punk Reloaded's West Pacific has used various duplicitous tactics in its attacks on The South Pacific, including but not limited to:
--- attempts to lobby WA members within The South Pacific to withdraw endorsements from their delegate in order to destabilize the region and incite conflict within it,
--- the failed attempt to use lies and contortions of the truth to condemn the former delegate of The South Pacific, [nation=short+noflag]Southern Bellz[/nation], the rightful and fairly elected delegate of the region,

WITNESSING Punk Reloaded's recent termination of the cease-fire between The West Pacific and The South Pacific and further witnessing the delegate's sudden retraction of its formally announced intentions to resign from its position,

TROUBLED by Punk Reloaded's questionable actions within The West Pacific, such as:
--- the delegate's suppression of the popular vote on the condemnation of Southern Bellz when the majority of the WA voters in The West Pacific's forums maintained a firm position AGAINST the condemnation for over 6 days and during which Punk Reloaded ignored these voters and chose to ABSTAIN (and later chose to manipulate the WA vote with an anonymous poll added long after the TWP voters had responded to the condemnation publicly),
--- the replacement of The West Pacific's Constitution with the delegate's own version, which was riddled with errors and enacted without even a 2/3 majority vote of The West Pacific's Regional Assembly,
--- the delegate's appointment of governmental officers, such as the region's Minister of Defense, without these officers meeting the requirements specified in Punk Reloaded's own Constitution of The West Pacific,
--- the delegate's establishment of The West Pacific's "Republic," a body which is a great affront to Pacific sovereignty and which is comprised of many representatives from foreign regions which maintain great influence over the workings of The West Pacific's government,
--- the delegate's disregard for the election of other governmental officials, such as the New Member Coordinator,

BELIEVING Punk Reloaded to be a dangerous influence in The West Pacific and an enemy of peace and justice within the entire world,

HEREBY CONDEMNS Punk Reloaded.
Last edited by A mean old man on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Casta Nal
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Casta Nal » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:22 pm

My this is a list. Have sources?
EnragedMaldivians wrote:I hereby dub thee Wage-Slave No.187878XCZ.

An FT Fenda.
My Nation does not reflect my views.

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:22 pm

W00T W00T.
AKA Weed

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Casta Nal wrote:My this is a list. Have sources?

Limitless Events was a former, loyal resident of The West Pacific who was compelled to leave the region thanks to Punk Reloaded's failures. You can ask him to confirm all of this for you. Also, all you need do to confirm most of the rest is observe the forums of both of the regions.

As I am a resident of The Pacific and have been heavily involved in feeder politics for the past year, I simply know most of this by word of mouth, casual observation of forum activity, and personal experience, and it is very difficult to cite such things.

Casta Nal
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Casta Nal » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:35 pm

Uni will agree with you and I don't know the feud so I approve.
EnragedMaldivians wrote:I hereby dub thee Wage-Slave No.187878XCZ.

An FT Fenda.
My Nation does not reflect my views.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:38 pm

Thank you.

Daynor
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 25, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Daynor » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:46 pm

The South Pacific shall be giving this space in our World Factbook Entry.

You have my approval. And vote, though it is possible I'll be gone by then. Either way would make me happy. :p
Young Libertarian Conservative
Political Compass: (2.63,-1.44)
Delegate of the Conservative Coalition
Ambassador Franklin Tanner
ლ(゚д゚ლ)
Daynor

Punk Reloaded
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Punk Reloaded » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:02 pm

Amom...I'm glad I was able to do something that enabled you to release this since you've been sitting on it a while.

I think a condemnation badge would be awesome.

There are many errors in your document but if LE is your source then I understand. There's only one item I'll take issue with and ask the voters to keep in mind, there was about a 3 month long process -if not longer - discussing the new Constitution of TWP. When we finally went to vote it was approved by the voting populace not just me. It's a shame AMOM insults their votes by saying it was 'my' constitution. I drafted it, sure, but is this condemnation nor any other commendation/condemnation drafted by AMOM his? I say no, we of the Security Council, decide the merits of a thing and the proposer is just that...giving us a choice, sorry, urging towards a particular mindset.

We are free to agree or disagree.

Having said all that, it would be pretty cool to have a badge although i still believe declaring war is pretty low standard for condemnations.

Finally, if any voters have questions about particular pieces in this condemnation i'll certainly address as time permits.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific
Former Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific

Punk Reloaded - Retired
Big D Baby - Retired
Punk Daddy - Citizen of TSP

In TWP, we go Commando. - Darkesia

Daynor
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Daynor » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:09 pm

Punk Reloaded wrote:I think a condemnation badge would be awesome.

We have your approval then? Well I know we don't now, but do you plan to?
Last edited by Daynor on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ლ(゚д゚ლ)
Daynor

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:11 pm

Playing the badge card is a cute attempt to belittle this, however it's such a horrendously stale move and you have no power over the significance that truly lies behind the majority of the WA's disapproval of your activity should this pass. Fake your approval to your heart's content.

Punk Reloaded wrote:There are many errors in your document but if LE is your source then I understand. There's only one item I'll take issue with and ask the voters to keep in mind, there was about a 3 month long process -if not longer - discussing the new Constitution of TWP. When we finally went to vote it was approved by the voting populace not just me. It's a shame AMOM insults their votes by saying it was 'my' constitution. I drafted it, sure, but is this condemnation nor any other commendation/condemnation drafted by AMOM his? I say no, we of the Security Council, decide the merits of a thing and the proposer is just that...giving us a choice, sorry, urging towards a particular mindset.

You can state that there are "many errors" all you like, however you name none and I will also state that LE was not my single source. Like I said, I have heard from approximately a dozen individuals and observed events on your region's forums and on The West Pacific's forums with my own eyes, and have not taken the duty of setting my conclusions in stone lightly. Your rhetoric means nothing.

Nice way to avoid stating the complete truth as well; while "it was approved by the voting populace," it was not approved by a 2/3 vote of the RA, nor was it a product of the collaborative efforts of even a decent portion of TWP's collective governing body. The only reason it passed was due to your own despotic power in The West Pacific as well as due to the inactivity within TWP which you yourself even stated you have done a poor job combating.
Last edited by A mean old man on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Punk Reloaded
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Punk Reloaded » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:22 pm

I'm not faking it.

It would be very cool to have a condemnation badge. I'd probably fight against anyone who would try to repeal it. I could retire feeling like I left a mark on the game. You seem to not understand what things motivate me. Commendation/Condemnation - either way people took notice and had an opinion....so yeah, it'd be awesome to get the badge.

Oh...and perhaps you missed it, but I did name ONE error. Care to refute it? Oh, and what was the percentage, if not 2/3rds, that approved the legislation? I'm looking forward to you answering that knowing it already.
Last edited by Punk Reloaded on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Punk Reloaded - Retired
Big D Baby - Retired

Daynor
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Daynor » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:24 pm

Please approve the resolution then. Every other condemnation nominee who claimed to support their condemnation at least did that.

Here's a link if that was the problem.
Last edited by Daynor on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ლ(゚д゚ლ)
Daynor

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:26 pm

Punk Reloaded wrote:I'm not faking it.

It would be very cool to have a condemnation badge. I'd probably fight against anyone who would try to repeal it. I could retire feeling like I left a mark on the game. You seem to not understand what things motivate me. Commendation/Condemnation - either way people took notice and had an opinion....so yeah, it'd be awesome to get the badge.

Well, I'm satisfied if you're satisfied with that mark being entirely negative. Congratulations, PD; you ruined the long-standing relations between The West Pacific and The South Pacific and dragged your region into a pit that will take it some time to climb out of. Now what was that about your retirement...?

Oh...and perhaps you missed it, but I did name ONE error. Care to refute it?

...I do, and I did, so you can politely remind me to come back here when you have come up with an adequate response to this rather than simply telling me that I am wrong and that you want a badge.

Punk Reloaded
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Punk Reloaded » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:29 pm

Daynor, unfortunately you don't know me.

I generally abstain in any election which I am in. This goes back about 6 years. But, approving the legislation to go to vote might not be bad b/c that just gets us to vote. But unless TWP really wants me to have the badge I doubt I'd do anything but abstain, keeping with my modus operandi.

It's ego really. I never wish to win an election based on my vote. Either your peers want you or they don't. I like those rules.

...and still waiting for the percentage AMOM.

Punk Reloaded - Retired
Big D Baby - Retired

Daynor
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Daynor » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:31 pm

And therein lies the truth. :)
ლ(゚д゚ლ)
Daynor

Daynor
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Daynor » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:33 pm

Daynor wrote:And therein lies the truth. :)

Nevermind, thanks for the approval. ;)
ლ(゚д゚ლ)
Daynor

Punk Reloaded
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Punk Reloaded » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:36 pm

I generally don't lie. And I've approved the condemnation.

You guys might think its a ruse, but this shiny badge wasn't created 5 minutes ago. I have zero artwork skillz...

If this fails and someone wishes to commend me, I've got a badge for that too. ;)

AMOM - percentage?

Punk Reloaded - Retired
Big D Baby - Retired

Anime Daisuki
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Anime Daisuki » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:37 pm

I don't get feeder politics. But it did seem a little opportunistic in the way Punk Reloaded intervened during TSP's crisis.

Can someone shed some light on the origin of Punk's feud with TSP/Fudgetopia ?
Last edited by Anime Daisuki on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:38 pm

It's amusing the lengths you are already going to to attempt to fail this, PD.
The "I want a badge" technique, the "approval of self-condemnation" technique, the "it contains false information" technique...
...and the fact that you had that prepared already is simply evidence that you were aware of your activities being of a negative nature.

As for the exact percentage, if this is how pathetically picky you're getting in attempting to derail this condemnation (the passage of your Constitution is hardly the worst offense of yours listed in there), I'll call in a source for that one. I'm so deeply sorry if I didn't memorize it on the dot. I'm also not in the mood to go shoveling through TWP's forums again, and it's late and I'd like to sleep.
:p
Last edited by A mean old man on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:42 pm

Anime Daisuki wrote:I don't get feeder politics. But it did seem a little opportunistic in the way Punk Reloaded intervened during TSP's crisis.

It was a cop-out attempt to save his own ass at home.

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:47 pm

Punk Reloaded wrote:I'm not faking it.

Good. Enjoy it. Let's get it over with and condemn this dude.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Punk Reloaded
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Punk Reloaded » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:47 pm

That's what I thought AMOM, you don't have the real percentage...instead of 2/3rds what if it was 3/5ths? that's a mere 6 percentage points difference. But, you'll figure it out, it's not like its something you couldn't have fact checked yourself before submitting this proposal, right?

But we digress...

Punk Reloaded - Retired
Big D Baby - Retired

Southern Bellz
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Southern Bellz » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:51 pm

Anime Daisuki wrote:I don't get feeder politics. But it did seem a little opportunistic in the way Punk Reloaded intervened during TSP's crisis.

Can someone shed some light on the origin of Punk's feud with TSP/Fudgetopia ?

At the least I am sure your defender nature finds something tragic about the fact that The West Pacific is attempting to bully The South Pacific via threats and war despite the fact we have done nothing to them, despite years of feeder unity before hand.

I can't give you specifics, but from what I understand Punk was involved with TSP long before I set foot there. At some point he threw some kind of tantrum where he requested to be banned from the forum. His request has been upheld in TSP, despite him expressing a desire to return. I believe the fact that Punk D can't be part of a community that he left in disgrace is part of the reason for his war.
Last edited by Southern Bellz on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:55 pm

BOO HISS ARGH ASDFG

You sneaky fellows! Could of told me in all those times on irc! :P

-in class, proper reply to come....
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Punk Reloaded
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Punk Reloaded » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:59 pm

hehehe...Codger...Dude, I ended the cease-fire AND changed my mind on resigning (both listed as part of my 'dangerousness' to the region)...this was definitely coming.

Punk Reloaded - Retired
Big D Baby - Retired

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives