NATION

PASSWORD

Really Awesome TG Features

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Almajoya
Minister

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Really Awesome TG Features

Postby Almajoya » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:04 pm

Hey, sorry if there's a thread on this already. I was too lazy to look beyond the first page. :P

Anyway, I just wanted to express my appreciation for the new TG features, which may not be new at all but which I just noticed; to be specific, the "Preview" (now I don't have to guess if I used the codes right!) and the fact that sending the TG does not send me to a nearly-blank page anymore.

Let's have a round of applause. :clap:

Pythagosaurus
Cute Purple Dinosaur

Founded: Nov 24, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Pythagosaurus » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:17 pm

Nope, you're the first. It's been about 3.5 hours.

Almajoya
Minister

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Almajoya » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:18 pm

Sweet, I'm ahead of the curve! Anyway, once again, I am in awe of your awesomeness.

Xirnium
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 01, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Xirnium » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:24 pm

I’m impressed with the new features too (especially not losing the contents of a TG when it gets blocked for being sent too soon after the last).

However, I have a suggestion, and it is that the “preview” and “send” buttons be reversed. Bear with me here. From the hypertext link of the name of the nation you’re responding to in your TG inbox to the “send” button under the TG message field is a longer distance than it is to the “preview” button! This is inefficient.

Pythagosaurus
Cute Purple Dinosaur

Ex-Nation

Postby Pythagosaurus » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:35 pm

Yeah, but then it's two tabs.

Xirnium
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 01, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Xirnium » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:45 pm

Then what’s two tabs?

I’m referring to the sensation that I’m constantly having to jump the “send” button to TG. Does nobody else get that?

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:56 pm

In similar fashion, do you think a preview button could be added for WA proposals (unless it hasn't already been - I haven't tried submitting anything today)?
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:08 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:In similar fashion, do you think a preview button could be added for WA proposals (unless it hasn't already been - I haven't tried submitting anything today)?

Thats a good idea. Especially considering we have BBcode in proposals now. A preview button for proposals would be a godsend.

Danielturner
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Danielturner » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:59 pm

wats a BBCode? I think it is a very good idea.

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:30 pm

bump ! Yarh!

Fit battion
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Fit battion » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:35 am

I'll bump this aswell, if it doesn't get read maybe someone will submit it as a seperate idea, I don't know.

The WA/SC preview option I would really like. Is there a possibility of maybe getting a basic preview of when you submit an issue, I know it wouldn't be anything like the finished product as some are not accepted, and some are heavily edited and most recieve some minor edits. But it would be quite nice to have so you have a basic idea of what your issue might look like.
Cheese

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:40 am

Danielturner wrote:wats a BBCode? I think it is a very good idea.

BBCode is basically HTML. HTML is a little code that you put before you put the text in, and it gives that effect...

Fit battion
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Fit battion » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:55 am

Dimoniquid wrote:
Danielturner wrote:wats a BBCode? I think it is a very good idea.

BBCode is basically HTML. HTML is a little code that you put before you put the text in, and it gives that effect...

Yeah but it's alot easier to understand and do, plus I believe if use either incorrectly or purposefully HTML can cause harm to a webpage even if just posted in a forum post; while BBCode shouldn't/can't have that effect.
Cheese

Stash Kroh
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Stash Kroh » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:14 pm

Fit battion wrote:I'll bump this aswell, if it doesn't get read maybe someone will submit it as a seperate idea, I don't know.

The WA/SC preview option I would really like. Is there a possibility of maybe getting a basic preview of when you submit an issue, I know it wouldn't be anything like the finished product as some are not accepted, and some are heavily edited and most recieve some minor edits. But it would be quite nice to have so you have a basic idea of what your issue might look like.

I like this idea too! It could help with bad formatting, because bad formatted texts wouldn't show up correctly in the preview.

I did try to create a perl script one time that imitated this preview function for budding issue writers. Maybe I'll look into it again.
Ambassador Adelinda Gliemann
The Clockwork Forge of Stash Kroh
WA Security Council Liaison

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:53 am

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:In similar fashion, do you think a preview button could be added for WA proposals (unless it hasn't already been - I haven't tried submitting anything today)?

Bump.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:06 pm

Fit battion wrote:Is there a possibility of maybe getting a basic preview of when you submit an issue, I know it wouldn't be anything like the finished product as some are not accepted, and some are heavily edited and most recieve some minor edits. But it would be quite nice to have so you have a basic idea of what your issue might look like.

B B B U U U M M M P P P

Whooo!

Pythagosaurus
Cute Purple Dinosaur

Ex-Nation

Postby Pythagosaurus » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:33 pm

It's on my list, ok? It will get done eventually (maybe not the issues; Sirocco always does a lot of editing anyway). It's going to be a while, though. Unless [violet] decides to do it, you can stop bumping this.

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:51 am

Good, Thanks. Ha. :lol:

Will cease to bump, er... now!

Fit battion
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Fit battion » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:06 am

Yay, but I'd still really like Issue Previews.
Cheese

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical