NATION

PASSWORD

What is the Greatest Game Ever?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:50 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:Ummm, did I dream Doom?

Halo started recharging health, two weapons only, and all the other things that are associated with crap FPS games.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Rhodmhire
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:53 pm

Groko wrote:This is easy. Its a tie between this one...

Oh, shit!

I forgot this is a game...

Wait, this is a game...? :blink:
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

Aston
Civil Servant

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Aston » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:54 pm

Good golfers wrote:The N64 game James Bond Golden eye

I've just looked over at my N64, the game is still in and still being played.

Can I put forward the C&C series?

DrunkenDove
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 15, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby DrunkenDove » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:56 pm

Aston wrote:

Can I put forward the C&C series?

You certainly can, although some would say that it was just a natural progression of Dune.
Last edited by DrunkenDove on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The butterfly fluttered by.

Kalakda
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalakda » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:57 pm

Hasn't anyone heard of the Medal of Honor series?????? :(
"You don't play, you volunteer!" :ugeek:
MAKE WAR ON LOVE - Put this in your signature if you agree.
Embassies In: Noordeinde Grays Harbor Orlkjestad New Olwe Chrisman Union Meldaria
Alliances: Christian Coalition of Countries, Space Colonization Coalition, United Conservatives Alliance, Pan-Slavic Union State
-Turgov Civil War (Pulled out)
-First Russenich War (Victory)
-Operation Wipeout (Stalemate)
-Modk Riots (Victory, GA rebels defeated)
-IRS rebellion (Victory)
-Second Russenich War (Stalemate)
George W Bush AOED wrote:I would blame Obama for the last 8 years.

Old Beringia wrote:Resembling the American 1950 average style. Before everything went straight to hell aesthetically wise due to pansy hippies.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:57 pm

Kalakda wrote:Hasn't anyone heard of the Medal of Honor series?????? :(

Indeed, you don't play. Because the series is crap.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

The_pantless_hero
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The_pantless_hero » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:58 pm

Kalakda wrote:Hasn't anyone heard of the Medal of Honor series?????? :(

Then you shoot guys in the nads. The first one was the best one.

The second one was an attempted series killer and then it became every other war FPS.
Last edited by The_pantless_hero on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bottle wrote:Equality is a slippery slope, people, and if you give it to the gays you have to give it to the polygamists and if you give it to the polygamists you have to give it to the serial dog molesters and if you give it to the serial dog molesters you have to give it to the machine fetishists and the next thing you know you're being tied up by a trio of polygamist lesbian powerbooks and you can't get out because the safety word is case sensistive!

Doing what we must because we can

Ordo Mallus
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ordo Mallus » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:03 pm

Killzone fucking 2
A small mind is easily filled with faith.

“It is only the dead who have seen the end of war” Plato

LOL ANARCHY NUBZ
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby LOL ANARCHY NUBZ » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:03 pm

E.T

Jubu Jubu Jabu
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jubu Jubu Jabu » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:21 pm

Rhodmhire wrote:

Oh, shit!

Yes, and you just lost.
Jubu Jubu Jabu wrote:
NationStates 2: DEFCON 'WE'RE SCREWED'! Sequel to the amazingly popular NationStates. Prepare to fire your 'I.G.N.O.R.E.' cannons as this docu-drama explores the ins and outs of Roleplaying warfare. It's Lefties vs. Righties as the gloves have finally come off, exposing your little nerd fingers to the brutality of a keyboard, and wasting your puny brain away on topics like, How do you make being hit in the balls hurt less?!

Regios
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Regios » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:21 pm

Seven Kingoms II (love strategy games and i workship this game for some reason)

Starcraft ( :bow: )

These are my favorite games but there are many other good games i like.
Fallout 2 (nothing to do with fallout 3, i like that game but its total crap compared to fallout 2), Fallout Tactics,Dune 2000, Supreme Ruler 2020, Warhammer games (Dawn of War I and II, Winter Assault, Dark Crusade, Soulstorm), Supreme Commander... i could go on, better not.
Currently rulled by Benevolent Emperor Uriel Kasim.

98% of all internet users would cry if facebook broke down. If you are the 2% who would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Rhodmhire
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:29 pm

Jubu Jubu Jabu wrote:
Rhodmhire wrote:

Oh, shit!

Yes, and you just lost.

Nope.

*pulls an extra-life out of my anus*

I have accomplished my task, you have utterly failed to accomplish it, I shall now physically display a snicker, new player.

To translate to more readable text: "I win, you fail, lol, noob."
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

Jubu Jubu Jabu
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jubu Jubu Jabu » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:51 pm

Rhodmhire wrote:
Jubu Jubu Jabu wrote:
Rhodmhire wrote:

Oh, shit!

Yes, and you just lost.

Nope.

*pulls an extra-life out of my anus*

I have accomplished my task, you have utterly failed to accomplish it, I shall now physically display a snicker, new player.

To translate to more readable text: "I win, you fail, lol, noob."

Damn you and your green spotted mushrooms! KHAN!!!
Jubu Jubu Jabu wrote:
NationStates 2: DEFCON 'WE'RE SCREWED'! Sequel to the amazingly popular NationStates. Prepare to fire your 'I.G.N.O.R.E.' cannons as this docu-drama explores the ins and outs of Roleplaying warfare. It's Lefties vs. Righties as the gloves have finally come off, exposing your little nerd fingers to the brutality of a keyboard, and wasting your puny brain away on topics like, How do you make being hit in the balls hurt less?!

Evelwolf
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

What is the Greatest Game Ever?

Postby Evelwolf » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:29 pm

Jubu Jubu Jabu wrote:I'm a big fan of your mom.
I play her all night long :D

seriously i would probably say FFVII. Gameplay was good, story was great, characters were all solid (nobody was the one that NOBODY wanted to play). Set the bar for future RPGs.

No better game in the world ! ! ! i've played it through so many freaken times

Lizardiar
Minister

Founded: May 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lizardiar » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:33 pm

This game...vv
In all corners of the globe, the free people's slogan is this:
Speak to Fascists in the language of fire! With words of bullets! With sharp wit of bayonets!

Economic Left/Right: 4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.41

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:36 pm

Hairless Kitten II wrote:
German Nightmare wrote: You probably are! (I was born in '76)

I'm from the summer of 69 :)

crap. now I do feel old. (early 1956)
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Kanabia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 08, 2003
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanabia » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:41 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
I thought Dwarf Fortress was a great game

Yeah DF is awesome. Nothing beats a game that can feature the text "You are caught in a cloud of boiling vomit".

Melkor Unchained
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Melkor Unchained » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:58 am

Melkor Unchained wrote: :blink:

I'm pretty down on RPGs in general, especially JRPGs, but this begs the question: what, pray tell, are your standards?!

Let's see...

I thought Dwarf Fortress was a great game, the First Resident Evil and Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War were also great.
Metroid Prime 3 was great, although the other two were not. They were good, just not great. Diver Down was great, for all of it's faults.

That's all well and good, but I was more asking why Crono Trigger came up short with you, as opposed to why other games are great.

Side note: I beta tested WH40k:DoW, and played ~2500 matches online but eventually rage quit when they decided to let PSM spam stay broken for close to a year.

I don't know if you ever played online, but for a while there was a bug that would sometimes cause players to crash on startup, resulting in one team starting shorthanded. I had a partner (that I still talk to now and again) with whom I could beat opposing teams 2v3 about 80% of the time, as long as our third partner dropped on startup. If he dropped in the middle of a battle or something we were still pretty much screwed, but as long as we started out 2v3 (on Kaysr Lutien, at least, which was pretty much the only 6v6 map people played) we could usually still win. It was pretty absurd.
"I am the Elder King: Melkor, first and mightiest of the Valar, who was before the world, and made it. The shadow of my purpose lies upon Arda, and all that is in it bends slowly and surely to my will. But upon all whom you love my thought shall weigh as a cloud of Doom, and it shall bring them down into darkness and despair."

Aelosia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aelosia » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:08 am

Melkor Unchained wrote:

I'm pretty down on RPGs in general, especially JRPGs, but this begs the question: what, pray tell, are your standards?!

Let's see...

I thought Dwarf Fortress was a great game, the First Resident Evil and Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War were also great.
Metroid Prime 3 was great, although the other two were not. They were good, just not great. Diver Down was great, for all of it's faults.

That's all well and good, but I was more asking why Crono Trigger came up short with you, as opposed to why other games are great.

Side note: I beta tested WH40k:DoW, and played ~2500 matches online but eventually rage quit when they decided to let PSM spam stay broken for close to a year.

I don't know if you ever played online, but for a while there was a bug that would sometimes cause players to crash on startup, resulting in one team starting shorthanded. I had a partner (that I still talk to now and again) with whom I could beat opposing teams 2v3 about 80% of the time, as long as our third partner dropped on startup. If he dropped in the middle of a battle or something we were still pretty much screwed, but as long as we started out 2v3 (on Kaysr Lutien, at least, which was pretty much the only 6v6 map people played) we could usually still win. It was pretty absurd.

I testify Melkor rocked at that game. Played it alongside him. He could tie two players all by himself while his mates wiped all the bases. Quite a micro, I would add.
My ratings in the top 100:
Aelosia is ranked 12th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates
Aelosia is ranked 12th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates
Aelosia is ranked 12th in the world for Largest Defense Forces
Aelosia is ranked 13th in the world for Most Scientifically Advanced
Aelosia is ranked 20th in the world for Most Cultured
Aelosia is ranked 24th in the world for Most Subsidized Industry
Aelosia is ranked 25th in the world for Fastest-Growing Economies
Aelosia is ranked 38th in the world for Largest Public Transport Department
Aelosia is ranked 42th in the world for Largest Publishing Industry
Aelosia is ranked 51th in the world for Largest Information Technology Sector
Aelosia is ranked 61th in the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector

Factbook so far.

Varxist States
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Varxist States » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:13 am

My favourite video game of all time?

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/driving/bigrigsotrr/review.html

I don't actually own it, by the way.

My favourite video game character?
Look at the flag.

Lord Tothe
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Lord Tothe » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:15 am

DANG!!! I almost forgot about Worms 2 on PC and Worms Armageddon on N64!!!
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:[...] TLDR; welcome to the internet. Bicker or GTFO.
"Why is self-control, autonomy, such a threat to authority? Because the person who controls himself, who is his own master, has no need for an authority to be his master. This, then, renders authority unemployed. What is he to do if he cannot control others? To be sure, he could mind his own business. But that is a fatuous answer, for those who are satisfied to mind their own business do not aspire to become authorities." ~ Thomas Szasz

Peisandros
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 14, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Peisandros » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:24 am

New Kereptica wrote:Man.

Of the pac variety?
Vindication, Is all it takes to change your life.

BoF31 runner up. WC44 Second round. CoH37 co-host and runner up. DBC9 third. DBC10 third. WC47 Second round.

Peisandros
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 14, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Peisandros » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:26 am

Melkor Unchained wrote:

Let's see...

Ahh, fantastic. That reminds me of my old AoE:RoR days.. Rise of Rome, I might add, is the best game ever.
Vindication, Is all it takes to change your life.

BoF31 runner up. WC44 Second round. CoH37 co-host and runner up. DBC9 third. DBC10 third. WC47 Second round.

Meoton
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Meoton » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:32 am

M.U.L.E.
Mars Saga
Tempest
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is for life.
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
"Have some Kool-aid" - Jim Jones
An obsession with guns is often a sign of a small penis. - S. Fraud

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:27 am

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

No contest.
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General