NATION

PASSWORD

What is the Greatest Game Ever?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kashindahar
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kashindahar » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:26 pm

Hairless Kitten II wrote:Carmageddon

Gonna have to go with this.

Or Civilisation 2.
no matter how blunt your hammer, someone is still going to mistake it for a nail
Voracious Vendetta wrote:There is always some prick that comes along and ruins a thread before it goes anywhere

Helghast Krieg
Envoy

Founded: Sep 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Helghast Krieg » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:27 pm

Killzone. All 3 of them; KZ 1, KZ: Liberation (Was only for PSP but was still of the chain) and KZ 2. (Basicly Call of duty on steroids.)

Killzone 3 is going to be fucking amazing.
Outdated Nation. Refer to this post:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18400

Bavin
Negotiator

Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:42 pm

Helghast Krieg wrote:Killzone. All 3 of them; KZ 1, KZ: Liberation (Was only for PSP but was still of the chain) and KZ 2. (Basicly Call of duty on steroids.)

On a totally unrealated note, are you just ripping off Killzone with your FT nation? Cause Telvira was doing that with Halo and it was really irritating.

Also, I submit Half-Life for the consideration of all. Also Bioshock.
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.- Carl Sagan

Helghast Krieg
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Helghast Krieg » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:44 pm

Bavin wrote:
Helghast Krieg wrote:Killzone. All 3 of them; KZ 1, KZ: Liberation (Was only for PSP but was still of the chain) and KZ 2. (Basicly Call of duty on steroids.)

On a totally unrealated note, are you just ripping off Killzone with your FT nation? Cause Telvira was doing that with Halo and it was really irritating.

Im using MANY Killzone qualities within my nation, yes, such as my Leaders, Military, and Flags/Icons and what have you.

However my back story, government, and many other things about my nation are completely made up from me.

Bavin
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:45 pm

Helghast Krieg wrote:
Bavin wrote:

Im using MANY Killzone qualities within my nation, yes, such as my Leaders, Military, and Flags/Icons and what have you.

However my back story, government, and many other things about my nation are completely made up from me.

Hollywood tactics?
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.- Carl Sagan

Helghast Krieg
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Helghast Krieg » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:47 pm

Bavin wrote:
Helghast Krieg wrote:
Bavin wrote:

Hollywood tactics?

? I dont understand what you mean by that. I meant that my Soldiers and tanks look like Helghast soldiers.

But Like I said, my nation has many many qualities that I have thought up on my own.

Tunizcha
Senator

Founded: Mar 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tunizcha » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:48 pm

Portal, WIII: TFT, and Dissidia.
Barzan wrote: I'll stick with rape, thank you.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:It's Rape night on NSG.
*/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ

This is Koji. Copy and paste Koji to your sig so he can acheive world domination.

New Kereptica
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 14, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby New Kereptica » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:48 pm

Helghast Krieg wrote:
Bavin wrote:
Helghast Krieg wrote:
Bavin wrote:

Hollywood tactics?

? I dont understand what you mean by that. I meant that my Soldiers and tanks look like Helghast soldiers.

But Like I said, my nation has many many qualities that I have thought up on my own.

TVTropes. Learn them.
Blouman Empire wrote:Natural is not nature.

KiloMikeAlpha wrote:Umm hmm.... mind if I siggy that as a reminder to those who think that it is cool to shove their bat-shit crazy atheist beliefs on those of us who actually have a clue?

Teccor wrote:You're actually arguing with Kereptica? It's like arguing with a far-Left, militantly atheist brick wall.

Bluth Corporation wrote:No. A free market literally has zero bubbles.

JJ Place wrote:I have a few more pressing matters to attend to right now; I'll be back later this evening to continue my one-man against the world struggle.

Mercator Terra wrote: Mental illness is a myth.

Tunizcha
Senator

Founded: Mar 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tunizcha » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:49 pm

New Kereptica wrote:
TVTropes. Learn them.

Not everyone here is a troper. We're a small minority.
Barzan wrote: I'll stick with rape, thank you.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:It's Rape night on NSG.
*/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ

This is Koji. Copy and paste Koji to your sig so he can acheive world domination.

Helghast Krieg
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Helghast Krieg » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:51 pm

So your saying my first attempt at an RP war here was a massive ridiculous laughable affair due in part that certain people who contributed to my thread were god moding "Hollywood tacticians" as you put it?

If your referring to me then I do not see where I pulled a large ridiculous stunt such as those listed on that sight. The majority of the bullshit moves came from other nations who didnt have much RPing experience.

Bavin
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:45 pm

Helghast Krieg wrote:So your saying my first attempt at an RP war here was a massive ridiculous laughable affair due in part that certain people who contributed to my thread were god moding "Hollywood tacticians" as you put it?

If your referring to me then I do not see where I pulled a large ridiculous stunt such as those listed on that sight. The majority of the bullshit moves came from other nations who didnt have much RPing experience.

Hollywood tactics can be applied to most RPers. Then there are those who know modern tactics. :p

Former Principalities
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Former Principalities » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:51 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:The Game.

The Game will all play.

You know what? You just lost the game.

Son of a bitch!!! :palm:

Bavin
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:56 pm

Former Principalities wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:The Game.

The Game will all play.

You know what? You just lost the game.

Son of a bitch!!! :palm:

Dammit! I lost again due to this stupid thread! #(*%#$)%%#&$#!

Hairless Kitten II
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hairless Kitten II » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:26 pm

Another magnificent game was Ultima Online:

Sure, the graphics are and were outdated (even in those times), but the game play was excellent.

I was a player killer, killed over 1000 people and proud about it. :) They hated my player character, hehe. I used 2 characters: the player killer and an innocent one. First I killed a few dozen players then I logged out, logged in with the innocent ones and ‘helped’ the other players to hunt my player killer down by directing them to wrong places, lying that I was attacked by my player killer, that he stole everything from me. People had pity with my innocent figure and gave all kind of nice weapons, armour and stuff. So, I fucked them twice. :)

Or waiting in harbours for newbies that arrived with their new ships. Sometimes they forgot to lock their ships when they entered a town. All I had to do was jump on their boats, move a few pixel away from the shore and wait for their return. I liked their screaming to return their ship, hehe. I humiliated them, by demanding to wear pink clothes and pushing them to say all kind of ridiculous stuff to other players. It was THAT or the lost of an expensive ship. :)

And I will never forget the biggest fight I ever saw in an MMP game: hundreds of players, the guilds of Moonglow against the guilds of Britannia near a field in Trinsic.

Ah Ultima Online, such memories…

It seems it's still alive and there's even a 14-day free trial:

http://www.uoherald.com/stygianabyss/launch/
Last edited by Hairless Kitten II on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

• Vote for The NationStates Razzies 2009
• Any similarities with reality is a mere coincidence
• No mods were harmed during the making of this posting
• Protégez les enfants: ne leur faites pas respirer votre commentaires`
• Quand tous les dégoûtés seront partis, il ne restera plus que les dégoûtants
• Please report me at the Moderation Section because I'm spoiling your day

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:32 pm

Sarkhaan wrote:
Ryadn wrote:Celtics-Lakers, 1984 NBA Finals, Game 7.

I see your Celtics-Lakers, and raise you USA/Russia, 1980

Touche.

Would have been better if they'd had Bird in skates. ;)

"When Jack Bauer takes off his mask, Chuck Norris is underneath it, and when Chuck Norris takes off his mask, Larry Bird is underneath it." --Brian Wilson, insane mohawked Giants' closer
"I hate you! I HATE you collectivist society. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my REAL legitimate government. As soon as my band takes off, and I invent a perpetual motion machine, I am SO out of here!" - Neo Art

"But please, explain how a condom breaking is TOTALLY different from a tire getting blown out. I mean, in one case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own, and in the other case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own." - The Norwegian Blue

New Roccoland
Attaché

Founded: Aug 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roccoland » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:42 pm

Gauntleted Fist wrote:
Moreau Catholic High wrote:Chess and Starcraft.

I dare anyone to dispute these.
Contra.

I 2nd Contra

Doctor Cyclops
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Doctor Cyclops » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:47 pm

Jubu Jubu Jabu wrote:I'm a big fan of your mom.
I play her all night long :D

seriously i would probably say FFVII. Gameplay was good, story was great, characters were all solid (nobody was the one that NOBODY wanted to play). Set the bar for future RPGs.

Come on, man. Cait Sith. NOBODY used Cait Sith.

Regardless, FF6 > FF7.
Last edited by Doctor Cyclops on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Union of Amestris
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of Amestris » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:57 pm

Dawn of War Soulstorm, For the win ^^.
Second would be X3: Reunion or Terran conflict
-Because I Can

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:17 am

Monopoly or Tall, its a tie.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

NotRust
Envoy

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby NotRust » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:06 am

2005 UEFA Champions League Final
AC Milan 3-3 Liverpool a.e.t.
2-3 p

Good golfers
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Good golfers » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:10 am

The N64 game James Bond Golden eye

imagine that with good graphics

Kashindahar
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kashindahar » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:17 am

Good golfers wrote:The N64 game James Bond Golden eye

imagine that with good graphics

It's called Perfect Dark.
no matter how blunt your hammer, someone is still going to mistake it for a nail
Voracious Vendetta wrote:There is always some prick that comes along and ruins a thread before it goes anywhere

Jubu Jubu Jabu
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jubu Jubu Jabu » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:04 am

Doctor Cyclops wrote:
Jubu Jubu Jabu wrote:I'm a big fan of your mom.
I play her all night long :D

seriously i would probably say FFVII. Gameplay was good, story was great, characters were all solid (nobody was the one that NOBODY wanted to play). Set the bar for future RPGs.

Come on, man. Cait Sith. NOBODY used Cait Sith.

Regardless, FF6 > FF7.

HAHAHA I forgot about Cait. Guess that just a testament to how lame she (he?) was. Good call!

You sir, are a formidable opponent.
Jubu Jubu Jabu wrote:
NationStates 2: DEFCON 'WE'RE SCREWED'! Sequel to the amazingly popular NationStates. Prepare to fire your 'I.G.N.O.R.E.' cannons as this docu-drama explores the ins and outs of Roleplaying warfare. It's Lefties vs. Righties as the gloves have finally come off, exposing your little nerd fingers to the brutality of a keyboard, and wasting your puny brain away on topics like, How do you make being hit in the balls hurt less?!

Kanabia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 08, 2003
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanabia » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:28 am

Eltdown wrote:NetHack

Hell yeah, or ADOM

Alsatian Knights
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Alsatian Knights » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:30 am

Bavin wrote:Dammit! I lost the game!

You Bastard! :evil: :rofl:
Last edited by Alsatian Knights on Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Qwendra has been resurrected and is looking for players who want to start anew and shape a government!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General