NATION

PASSWORD

Is there a problem with having more than one nation?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Tratvia
Spokesperson

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Is there a problem with having more than one nation?

Postby Tratvia » Thu May 07, 2009 9:04 pm

I couldn't find anything about this in the FAQ, so I am posting the question here.

I first joined NationStates in 2003, with this nation. It expired due to inactivity. I then rejoined last year, with the nation "Free Ruislip", thinking that Tratvia was gone for good. Recently I found out that I could resurrect Tratvia, which obviously I have done. Is there any sort of problem or rules infraction with having two active nations at one time? Do I have to choose one and abandon the other? Neither nation is a World Assembly member.

Thanks,

Tratvia.

Naivetry
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Re: Is there a problem with having more than one nation?

Postby Naivetry » Thu May 07, 2009 9:11 pm

You may have as many nations as you like, as long as only one is in the World Assembly.

If none are in the WA, you're perfectly fine. :)

EDIT: The reference is here:
Goobergunchia wrote:The FAQ says that I can have only one WA nation. How many non WA nations may I have?
As many as you want. Nations that are not your main nation are referred to as "puppets". If your main nation is not in the WA then the nation that you have in the WA is called a "WA Puppet".
Last edited by Naivetry on Thu May 07, 2009 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tratvia
Spokesperson

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Tratvia » Thu May 07, 2009 9:27 pm

*embarassed smiley* Thanks - I didn't think to check anywhere other than the main game FAQ.

Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Fri May 08, 2009 3:03 am

Thanks for this advice - linked to in my signature now! :D
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Anumia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Anumia » Fri May 08, 2009 6:41 am

*giggles* Aww, you guys are cute. I have over thirty nations.

Something else you should be careful of - if you are ever asked to nation sit someone's nation for whatever reason (unlikely but it does happen), ie, they give you the password for a short time so you can keep it alive for them or protect a region with the founder, etc, make sure that their nation is not in the WA if you already have one at the time - that counts.

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Fri May 08, 2009 12:25 pm

Tratvia wrote:I couldn't find anything about this in the FAQ, so I am posting the question here.

I first joined NationStates in 2003, with this nation. It expired due to inactivity. I then rejoined last year, with the nation "Free Ruislip", thinking that Tratvia was gone for good. Recently I found out that I could resurrect Tratvia, which obviously I have done. Is there any sort of problem or rules infraction with having two active nations at one time? Do I have to choose one and abandon the other? Neither nation is a World Assembly member.

Thanks,

Tratvia.

I have 14 nations, all over the political spectrum. This is my "main" nation.
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Return to Technical