NATION

PASSWORD

What is your nation's army uniform?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

-Raysia-
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby -Raysia- » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:25 am

Until I can take the time to sketch out my real uniforms, these pics are closest... lame of me, I know, but whatever.

Keep in mind, this is a civilian Militia, not a government military:

The Standard, Everyday, Raysian Militia Force Uniform (Mostly the jacket)

The leather RMF jacket for more formal occasions

Yeah, i'll get around to drawing the uniforms eventually, but not not tonight.
Primeworld of the Capsule Corporation
Capsule Corporation FT Storefront

Population: 3.5 Billion | [Future Tech]
[Raysian / Capsule Corporation Factbook]

All original artwork contained in these posts is (c)2010 http://jor-dan.deviantart.com/

Andrewboy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Andrewboy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:08 am

Sheniaux wrote:Issued to all members of the military

thats my army uniform i said it first on this topic go to page 2 and you will se i did it first
World Cup 51 Qualifying
world cup of hockey 10:group stage
Coh 42 Quarter Finals
World Cup 50 qualyifying
Fustal world cup II:group stage
Pool world cup 1:Broomstone:2end place, Willkins: 2end round, Harvord: 2end round
Baptism of fire 36: round of 16
World cup 49: Qualifing
Burchandiger invitational cup 1: round of 16
Fustal world cup 3: Group Stage
Ebyria Regional Cup: 1st
Di Barandi cup 13: group stage
Womens World Cup 12: group stage

all hail ceiling cat
the last enemy that shall be defeated is death
98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig
Ultimate Man united fan.
F7 minister of elimination games

Saurea
Diplomat

Founded: May 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurea » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:00 am

Standard-issue military uniform for all frontline personnel in the Saurean military. Templar elite units use the same fatigues, but with more white detailing and a black bar painted across the helmet over the eyes, symbolizing a blindfold.
"Faith is Our Shield"
We are currently re-building this nation's history and canon. Please stand by.
Current Military Standing: Condition Zero; Peace Time

Belkan Provinces
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Belkan Provinces » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:43 am

Last edited by Belkan Provinces on Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:46 pm, edited 7 times in total.
RP Nation Population: 3.5 billion people, so don't freak out
Embassy Program
Factbook
List of Belkan Military Forces
"I am the Man who arranges the Blocks that continue to fall from Up Above.
The markets are free! So much money for me! Tell me why should I care for peace and love!"

Saudiland
Secretary

Founded: Apr 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saudiland » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:50 pm

in emergencies, many volunteers look like this
http://dancutlermedicalart.com/AlbertEi ... sualem.jpg

Niihama
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Niihama » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:11 pm

Standard Taiyou infantry gear.

Taiyou Ground Military Forces Officer

Taiyou Ground Military Forces Enlisted (Combat)

Taiyou Overt Naval Forces Uniform
Image Image

Taiyou Air Military Forces Uniform (Dress, officer and enlisted)
"...And those who are prideful.. and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.."

Niihama's Factbook

Current Alert Status:
Condition One - [ Condition Two ] - Condition Three - Condition Four

Le Opulent World Order
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Le Opulent World Order » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:03 am

Well this is the standard military uniform.

It can be found in the barracks and on the battlefield as all soliders must wear the same exact uniform.

Dostanuot Loj
Senator

Founded: Nov 04, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Dostanuot Loj » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:37 am

Verlorenen wrote:The Waffen-SS should be studied in every modern military college - they were an excellent fighting force in every sense of the word. But do the horrible crimes they committed during the course of the war nullify that? Under the circumstances, in this day and age, I think not.

The Waffen-SS were the paramilitary wing of the NSDAP, not the military. Which is why they are not studied as a military. The actual German military, the Wehrmacht, did not actually include the SS (Even though some historians, and wiki, says it was a de facto element later on). The Wehrmact, and of course the Heer sub-componant, are studied in great detail. Especially as, as a fighting force, the SS had no advantage over many Heer units, even being considered inferior in combat performance to some.
Leopard 1 IRL

Kyiv is my disobedient child. :P

Sorgan
Senator

Founded: Jun 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorgan » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:55 am

Andrewboy wrote:
Sheniaux wrote:Issued to all members of the military

thats my army uniform i said it first on this topic go to page 2 and you will se i did it first

((OOC: Stop whining please. It's not yours I believe it is trademarked by Bungie Corporation. And it's okay if he copied because there are so many photos of Master chief from Ga- Halo. ))

Banananano
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

My nations army uniform...

Postby Banananano » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:23 am

There is no standard uniform for my army. Every soldier in times of war is given a standard bullet-stopping armor made of a mixture of leather and a special superstrong woven metal alloy, a pair of army boots, a large backpack with standard army supplies (grenades, sleeping bags, a canteen, a compass, gatorade, etc) and a thick army helmet with goggles attached to the front, all of which is dyed black (even the gatorade). However, this is not required to be worn. Some soldiers alter the uniform with paint or burn designs into it, some wear cowboy hats and a red kercheif instead of their helmet (or on their helmet in some cases), some wear headbands and leather biker outfits, some run around with no armor on, and others, no clothes. Many desguise themselves by attaching the local flora to their uniform, and some even attach local animals. I once new a guy whose army uniform was a very angry squirrel. Just a very angry squirrel. Taking souvenirs is very popular. Some take bullets and fashion necklaces and rings out of them. Some take the clothes and armor and add it to their own. Ive heard of a fellow who took the pinky finger from every guy he ever shot and later made them into a chili and fed it to the Prime Minister of the country we were at war at. Hair can be as long as you like, and beards are encouraged as they catch any of the sparce food and water that might try to dribble down your chin and often enough, edible insects. In my army, anything goes.

Verlorenen
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Verlorenen » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:47 pm

Dostanuot Loj wrote: The Waffen-SS were the paramilitary wing of the NSDAP, not the military. Which is why they are not studied as a military. The actual German military, the Wehrmacht, did not actually include the SS (Even though some historians, and wiki, says it was a de facto element later on). The Wehrmact, and of course the Heer sub-componant, are studied in great detail. Especially as, as a fighting force, the SS had no advantage over many Heer units, even being considered inferior in combat performance to some.

1. Did I say they were part of the military? No. I said they were an excellent "fighting force." I am fully aware of their position in NSDAP hierarchy.
2. Regardless, they still should be studied. It doesn't matter about their BS classification.
3. "considered inferior in combat performance" You wanna back that one up with a source?

Dostanuot Loj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dostanuot Loj » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:13 pm

Verlorenen wrote:
Dostanuot Loj wrote: The Waffen-SS were the paramilitary wing of the NSDAP, not the military. Which is why they are not studied as a military. The actual German military, the Wehrmacht, did not actually include the SS (Even though some historians, and wiki, says it was a de facto element later on). The Wehrmact, and of course the Heer sub-componant, are studied in great detail. Especially as, as a fighting force, the SS had no advantage over many Heer units, even being considered inferior in combat performance to some.

1. Did I say they were part of the military? No. I said they were an excellent "fighting force." I am fully aware of their position in NSDAP hierarchy.
2. Regardless, they still should be studied. It doesn't matter about their BS classification.
3. "considered inferior in combat performance" You wanna back that one up with a source?

J.F.C Fuller's Decisive Battles of the Western World Vol.III, Guderian's Panzer Leader, Christopher F. Foss' Modern Land Warfare, G. Biryukov and G. Melnikov's Antitank Warfare, virtually every one of the Osprey books about some armoured unit or vehicle used by the Germans in WW2. Hell, you can look at the battles fought by SS and Heer units on wikipedia and even it, for all that site is worth, will say the same thing.
Leopard 1 IRL

Verlorenen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Verlorenen » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:42 pm

Dostanuot Loj wrote:J.F.C Fuller's Decisive Battles of the Western World Vol.III, Guderian's Panzer Leader, Christopher F. Foss' Modern Land Warfare, G. Biryukov and G. Melnikov's Antitank Warfare, virtually every one of the Osprey books about some armoured unit or vehicle used by the Germans in WW2. Hell, you can look at the battles fought by SS and Heer units on wikipedia and even it, for all that site is worth, will say the same thing.

Since I don't have the luxury of checking out any of those books, I will be forced to resort to the infamous Wikipedia to dispute your claim. Listen, I'm not saying they were perfect, but for the most part, they got the job done:

*ahem*
wikipedia.org wrote:In August, SS Division Wiking was ordered to establish a defensive perimeter around a bridgehead across the Dniepr river. Despite determined attacks by the Red Army, the division held the line. During 1941, the Heer officers in charge of the deployment of the SS Division Wiking were skeptical of its fighting abilities and so were hesitant to commit it to any major actions. As the division proved itself again and again in combat, it began to earn the grudging respect of the Heer commanders.

wikipedia.org wrote:The new Waffen-SS division was involved in some heavy fighting between January and March which resulted in the destruction of the Soviet 2nd Shock Army.

wikipedia.org wrote:In February, 1943, the Division saw action south of Lake Ladoga and were involved in a number of Soviet offensives and forced to withdraw to a new defensive line at Kolpino where it was successful in holding the Red Army, despite suffering severe casualties.

wikipedia.org wrote:SS Regiment Nordland's assault soon bogged down, as they realized that not only were they outnumbered by the Red Army, but they were also well entrenched in prepared positions. Within thirty minutes, almost half of the men of regiment had fallen. Despite this, they still captured the hill, and its commander Fritz von Scholz was awarded the Knight's Cross for his actions during the battle.

wikipedia.org wrote:The Panzergrenadier regiments of 5 SS Wiking were exhausted and understrength from the fighting in the Caucasus, and the Panzer Battalion lacked sufficient armour to counter the Soviet force. Despite this, the division held off the Soviet assault, protecting the vital rail line and helping bring about the destruction of Mobile Group Popov.

The Grand World Order
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 03, 2007
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand World Order » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:00 pm

Verlorenen wrote:
Dostanuot Loj wrote:J.F.C Fuller's Decisive Battles of the Western World Vol.III, Guderian's Panzer Leader, Christopher F. Foss' Modern Land Warfare, G. Biryukov and G. Melnikov's Antitank Warfare, virtually every one of the Osprey books about some armoured unit or vehicle used by the Germans in WW2. Hell, you can look at the battles fought by SS and Heer units on wikipedia and even it, for all that site is worth, will say the same thing.

Since I don't have the luxury of checking out any of those books, I will be forced to resort to the infamous Wikipedia to dispute your claim. Listen, I'm not saying they were perfect, but for the most part, they got the job done:

*ahem*
wikipedia.org wrote:In August, SS Division Wiking was ordered to establish a defensive perimeter around a bridgehead across the Dniepr river. Despite determined attacks by the Red Army, the division held the line. During 1941, the Heer officers in charge of the deployment of the SS Division Wiking were skeptical of its fighting abilities and so were hesitant to commit it to any major actions. As the division proved itself again and again in combat, it began to earn the grudging respect of the Heer commanders.

wikipedia.org wrote:The new Waffen-SS division was involved in some heavy fighting between January and March which resulted in the destruction of the Soviet 2nd Shock Army.

wikipedia.org wrote:In February, 1943, the Division saw action south of Lake Ladoga and were involved in a number of Soviet offensives and forced to withdraw to a new defensive line at Kolpino where it was successful in holding the Red Army, despite suffering severe casualties.

wikipedia.org wrote:SS Regiment Nordland's assault soon bogged down, as they realized that not only were they outnumbered by the Red Army, but they were also well entrenched in prepared positions. Within thirty minutes, almost half of the men of regiment had fallen. Despite this, they still captured the hill, and its commander Fritz von Scholz was awarded the Knight's Cross for his actions during the battle.

wikipedia.org wrote:The Panzergrenadier regiments of 5 SS Wiking were exhausted and understrength from the fighting in the Caucasus, and the Panzer Battalion lacked sufficient armour to counter the Soviet force. Despite this, the division held off the Soviet assault, protecting the vital rail line and helping bring about the destruction of Mobile Group Popov.

That just means they happened to be good at what they did. That doesn't exactly mean they had any other advantages over regular Heer troops.
United States Marine Corps Non-Commissioned Officer turned Private Military Contractor
Basque American
NS's only post-apoc, neo-western, cassette-punk, conspiracy-laden, pseudo-mystic Fascist UN-clone utopia
Peace sells, but who's buying? | Right is the new punk
A Better Class of Fascist
Got Discord? Add me at griff1337
Economic Left/Right: 4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 8.13
Amerikians: That sir, is one Epic Tank.
Altamirus: Behold the fascist God of War.
Aelosia: Shiiiiit, you are hot. More pics, I demand.

Dostanuot Loj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dostanuot Loj » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:05 pm

Getting the job done does not make them elite. And in fact, your sources do little more then say they were better then the Soviets, which unles they were against one of the few key command formations, or utterly out numbered, wasn't the most notable record. Remember, the Heer had just as many (Or rather more) divisions perform the same feats.

Also, why do you supply quotes as if separate units, for only a few units? You have five quotes, but only three units. The 5th Wiking, 11th Nordland, and 4th Polizie.
Leopard 1 IRL

Verlorenen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Verlorenen » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:09 pm

Dostanuot Loj wrote:Getting the job done does not make them elite. And in fact, your sources do little more then say they were better then the Soviets, which unles they were against one of the few key command formations, or utterly out numbered, wasn't the most notable record. Remember, the Heer had just as many (Or rather more) divisions perform the same feats.

Also, why do you supply quotes as if separate units, for only a few units? You have five quotes, but only three units. The 5th Wiking, 11th Nordland, and 4th Polizie.

Jesus H you people are so difficult. When in the hell did i say they were elite? :eyebrow: Excellent =/= elite. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Listen, if you really want to argue about this, I'll start a dedicated thread. Otherwise, let this thread get back on course.
Last edited by Verlorenen on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:37 pm

double knit bell bottoms, silk shirts with nerd pockets, love beads with peace symbol.
also of course, elvish cloak, belt of xendu (a psionic amplification and tuning device, worn and functioning simultaniously as an ordinary belt) staff of themnax, backpack of holding, and bracers of stunn.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Swazderland
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Swazderland » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:52 pm

Seasonia wrote:Here is our standard uniforms
the guy ontop is an officer

Love it

warhammer 40k nut

Landista
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Landista » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:01 am

Infantry:

Cavalry

Haven Fotress
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

What is your nation's army uniform?

Postby Haven Fotress » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:29 pm

This is the Uniform that all our Holy Empire Soldiers have. They are elite traind and will follow any order giving by a higher ranking oficer. But if the Holy Emperor says some they will obey that command over any other command giving by any other oficer or general.

The Deus Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Deus Corporation » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:10 pm

Soyut wrote:Soyut's uniform focuses more on psychological warfare. The feathers are meant to disguise the number of wounded during battle.

Holy Crap. I'd be scared shitless to fight a guy in a chicken coustume with claws.

The Deus Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Deus Corporation » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:23 pm

Bowendur
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bowendur » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:24 pm

Normal soldiers

imperial guard
don't know why he has a rocket launcher
Last edited by Bowendur on Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elo Kttarn

Bowendur
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bowendur » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:26 pm

shock trooper
a common childs toy of a shock trooper
Elo Kttarn

Moonsilver
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Moonsilver » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:42 pm

who cares what the uniform is , as long as it is
    cool, identifies them (rank,air force, etc) , and, well is something that represents their country/nation
:?:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information