NATION

PASSWORD

Moon landing: real or fake? NS decides...

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Was the moon landing real or fake?

100% Real
78%
100% Fake
3%
Probably real, but could be convinced otherwise
13%
Probably fake, but could be convinced otherwise
3%
Other theory (please state)
2%

Total votes : 260

Senestrum
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Senestrum » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:15 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:
Apollo 13 was never on the moon.

And 8 and 10 only orbited, while 9 was low earth orbit. Wikipedia rocks.

Good thing he was talking about launches, not landings.

lrn2readingcomprehension
Need help with lineart or technical drawings? Want comments and critique? Or do you just want to show off?
If so, join Lineartinc today, Nationstates' only lineart community!
We welcome people of any skill level, from first-timers to veteran artists.

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:18 pm

Senestrum wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:And 8 and 10 only orbited, while 9 was low earth orbit. Wikipedia rocks.

lrn2readingcomprehension

Apparently the Soviets also watched every move our maids made.
Last edited by Wiztopia on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:27 pm

Real. Moving on now.
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:30 pm

Senestrum wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:And 8 and 10 only orbited, while 9 was low earth orbit. Wikipedia rocks.

lrn2readingcomprehension

He said those proved getting to the moon was real. Watching the launches doesn't. It just proves we got a rocket off the ground. The fact that they continued on to the moon is what proves the lunar landings were real.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Euronion
Senator

Founded: Apr 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euronion » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:56 pm

The Sovietyeto wrote:It's impossible. Let's look at the facts...
1. The flag in the video was seen waving... On the MOON!
2. None of the film was damaged by the space radiation. The thin shield the apollo provided wouldn't be enough to protect the astronauts or keep the film 100% intact.
3. If the film is speed up a little bit the astronauts look like thy move normally... That proves it could be faked.
4. The landing the Apollo should have made all the nearby dust fly away, yet somehow Astrong makes a footprint...
5. I Armstrong was the first man on the moon then who was filming him?

1. thats because when they pushed it into the moon the flag moved, not to mention the moon does have gravity
2.uh, yah it was, in fact the only film left that is still intact is in Australia, and the footage was live
3.uh, you speed it up, what do you expect
4. maybe because the probe's thrusters blew the top dust away, its like asking if there is dust on something and you blow some of the dust off, why is there dust on your fingers if you wipe the dust, and the dust might have flown away, but lets see, I think a 130 lbs man in a 70 lbs space suit will leave a footprint in the dirt
5. the probe had a camera on it from multiple angles, and there was also a second guy

and if the film was faked, why would the Soviets not have continued to try and go to the moon, if they even had a shadow of a doubt that the Americans didn't make it
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!
The Official Euronion Website
Proud Catholic and Member of the Tea Party; militant atheists, environmental extremists, fem-nazis, Anti-Lifers, Nazists, and Communists you have been warned
Thomas Paine wrote:"to argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead"
The name of our country is Euronion, the name of anything that is Euronion is called the/a Euronion ____, please do not say "the Euronionian, or the Euronionion people or military, it is simply the Euronion people, the Euronion military, ect. nor is Euronion a reference to the European Union or some United Europe.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:
Apollo 13 was never on the moon.

And 8 and 10 only orbited, while 9 was low earth orbit. Wikipedia rocks.

Actually, if they wanted to, the crew of Apollo 10 could've landed. IIRC, the only thing they didn't do was land. But they could've. Space Camp rocks more than wiki.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:13 pm

Grenartia wrote:

Actually, if they wanted to, the crew of Apollo 10 could've landed. IIRC, the only thing they didn't do was land. But they could've. Space Camp rocks more than wiki.

I wish I'd gotten to go to space camp.

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:34 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

I wish I'd gotten to go to space camp.

Well, I'm pretty sure the only reason I got to go was because of Katrina.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

GeneralHaNor
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby GeneralHaNor » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:45 pm

In othernews, 22% of NS is retarded
Victorious Decepticons wrote:If they said "this is what you enjoy so do this" and handed me a stack of my favorite video games, then it'd be far different. But governments don't work that way. They'd hand me a dishrag...
And I'd hand them an insurgency.
Trotskylvania wrote:Don't kid yourself. The state is a violent, destructive institution of class dictatorship. The fact that the proles have bargained themselves the drippings from their master's plates doesn't legitimize the state.

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:48 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:I wish I'd gotten to go to space camp.

Was she hot?

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:49 pm

Euronion wrote:
The Sovietyeto wrote:It's impossible. Let's look at the facts...
1. The flag in the video was seen waving... On the MOON!
2. None of the film was damaged by the space radiation. The thin shield the apollo provided wouldn't be enough to protect the astronauts or keep the film 100% intact.
3. If the film is speed up a little bit the astronauts look like thy move normally... That proves it could be faked.
4. The landing the Apollo should have made all the nearby dust fly away, yet somehow Astrong makes a footprint...
5. I Armstrong was the first man on the moon then who was filming him?

1. thats because when they pushed it into the moon the flag moved, not to mention the moon does have gravity
2.uh, yah it was, in fact the only film left that is still intact is in Australia, and the footage was live
3.uh, you speed it up, what do you expect
4. maybe because the probe's thrusters blew the top dust away, its like asking if there is dust on something and you blow some of the dust off, why is there dust on your fingers if you wipe the dust, and the dust might have flown away, but lets see, I think a 130 lbs man in a 70 lbs space suit will leave a footprint in the dirt
5. the probe had a camera on it from multiple angles, and there was also a second guy

and if the film was faked, why would the Soviets not have continued to try and go to the moon, if they even had a shadow of a doubt that the Americans didn't make it

also for # 3, no they don't, not unless they have bionic calf muscles.
I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance. ~Reuben Blades

I got quite annoyed after the Haiti earthquake. A baby was taken from the wreckage and people said it was a miracle. It would have been a miracle had God stopped the earthquake. More wonderful was that a load of evolved monkeys got together to save the life of a child that wasn't theirs. ~Terry Pratchett

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:52 pm

Wiztopia wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Was she hot?

Rocked him like a hurricane, I expect.

Xenohumanity wrote:

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:46 pm

Wiztopia wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Was she hot?

Um, if you consider a swirling vortex of low pressure water vapor driven by evaporating sea water that killed over 1000 people, destroyed millions of homes, caused billions in property damage, etc. sexually attractive, then yes.

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:
Was she hot?

Rocked him like a hurricane, I expect.

If by him you mean Louisiana, then yes.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General