NATION

PASSWORD

Moon landing: real or fake? NS decides...

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Was the moon landing real or fake?

100% Real
78%
100% Fake
3%
Probably real, but could be convinced otherwise
13%
Probably fake, but could be convinced otherwise
3%
Other theory (please state)
2%

Total votes : 260

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:57 pm

Sucrati wrote:It's real, I DARE you tell one of the original astronauts that landed on the moon that it was faked, I DARE you.

Yeah, didn't Buzz Aldrin punch out a guy who told him that?

Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:32 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Sucrati wrote:It's real, I DARE you tell one of the original astronauts that landed on the moon that it was faked, I DARE you.

And I now hate reality for not making this true.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:44 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

And I now hate reality for not making this true.

I agree. Seeing as how Buzz is one of my heroes, and if everything goes right, I'll be an astronaut myself (maybe even on a resurrected Mars program), I vow to fulfill your wish.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

New Lyrane
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 14, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Lyrane » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:16 pm

The US moon landing was totally faked. If you look carefully at the lunar lander where it says "United States" you can tell by some of the pixels that it actually reads "Soviet Union". The flags were likewise edited from Soviet into US flags. Also, the soundtrack was obviously dubbed from the original Russian. That's right, the moon landing was real but it was actually done by Soviet cosmonauts.

:twisted:
Sari Kaniraya, PhD (University of Haru, New Lyrane)
Speaker-to-Animals
"Also? I can kill you with my brain."
Trying to strike a balance between Author Appeal, Flawed Utopia, Nightmare Fuel, and Realism... IN SPACE!

Jari Head
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jari Head » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:22 pm

This thread about the lunal landing is suffering from mass lunacy :palm:
We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on?
Gen. John W. Vessey Jr., USA, Chairman of the the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the assault on Grenada, 1983
A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed: "To whom it may concern."

The Merchant Republics
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Merchant Republics » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:22 pm

New Lyrane wrote:The US moon landing was totally faked. If you look carefully at the lunar lander where it says "United States" you can tell by some of the pixels that it actually reads "Soviet Union". The flags were likewise edited from Soviet into US flags. Also, the soundtrack was obviously dubbed from the original Russian. That's right, the moon landing was real but it was actually done by Soviet cosmonauts.

Impossible, there would have been evidence, if they were Russians why were there no bottles of Vodka drifting around the landing site?
Your Resident Gentleman and Libertarian; presently living in the People's Republic of China, which is if anyone from the Party asks "The Best and Also Only China".
Christian Libertarian Autarchist: like an Anarchist but with more "Aut".
Social: Authoritarian/Libertarian (-8.55)
Economic: Left/Right (7.55)
We are the premiere of civilization, the beacon of liberty, the font of prosperity and the ever illuminating light of culture in this hellish universe.
In short: Elitist Wicked Cultured Free Market Anarchists living in a Diesel-Deco World.

Now Fearing: Mandarin Lessons from Cantonese teachers.
Factbook (FT)|Art Gallery|Embassy Program

AustriaHungaryBohemia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AustriaHungaryBohemia » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:26 pm

The Merchant Republics wrote:Impossible, there would have been evidence, if they were Russians why were there no bottles of Vodka drifting around the landing site?

Besides, as we all know, in Soviet Russia, Moon lands on you. That was, after all, the reason for the Tunguska event.
Winner of the Ailiailia Rolling Eyeball award for Most Irresponsible Suggestion So-far In Thread

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:28 pm

It's sad that so many Americans and other people are so cynical at the US government when even the Soviet Union accepted that America got there first.

Oh and...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6MOnehCOUw
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:52 pm

The Merchant Republics wrote:
New Lyrane wrote:The US moon landing was totally faked. If you look carefully at the lunar lander where it says "United States" you can tell by some of the pixels that it actually reads "Soviet Union". The flags were likewise edited from Soviet into US flags. Also, the soundtrack was obviously dubbed from the original Russian. That's right, the moon landing was real but it was actually done by Soviet cosmonauts.

Impossible, there would have been evidence, if they were Russians why were there no bottles of Vodka drifting around the landing site?

I'm so sigging this.

AustriaHungaryBohemia wrote:
The Merchant Republics wrote:Impossible, there would have been evidence, if they were Russians why were there no bottles of Vodka drifting around the landing site?

Besides, as we all know, in Soviet Russia, Moon lands on you. That was, after all, the reason for the Tunguska event.

And this. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Zeth Rekia
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeth Rekia » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:58 pm

Everything looks better in HD.
But anyways, even if it was fake it doesn't matter now, seeing as how easy it is to set foot on the moon. But eh, oh well.

Zeno like to believe it was real, da.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:13 pm

Zeth Rekia wrote:Everything looks better in HD.
But anyways, even if it was fake it doesn't matter now, seeing as how easy it is to set foot on the moon. But eh, oh well.

Zeno like to believe it was real, da.

Its still not easy, Zeno. But its a lot more possible now than it was in '69.

Timurid Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Timurid Empire » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:22 pm

Of course it was faked! The Mole Men led an armed invasion of the Apollo 11 launch site, took over the shuttle, and launched it themselves. The first man on the Moon was really a Mole Man! :eek:
Last edited by Timurid Empire on Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.28

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:24 pm

Timurid Empire wrote:Of course it was faked! The Mole Men led an armed invasion of the Apollo 11 launch site, took over the shuttle, and launched it themselves. The first man on the Moon was really a Mole Man! :eek:

The shuttle? These wouldn't happen to be those nasty time-traveling Mole Men that we've been hearing about in the news, would they?

Joeykickdoors
Spokesperson

Founded: May 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Joeykickdoors » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:27 pm

Probably real, but could be convinced otherwise

I don't really 100% believe the majority of things I'm told. Especially when the government tells me them.
"Delay is the deadliest form of denial."

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:46 pm

Joeykickdoors wrote:Probably real, but could be convinced otherwise

I don't really 100% believe the majority of things I'm told. Especially when the government tells me them.

Read this.

Hydesland wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing_conspiracy

This is an amazingly thorough take down for wikipedia.

Straughn
Senator

Founded: Apr 11, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Straughn » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:47 pm

New new nebraska wrote:If your stupid enough to think the moon landing was faked you're probably too stupid to understand the earth isn't flat and has a moon orbiting it.

Semanticism is lost on the likes of ye. Why do you bother frequenting this place?

New Lyrane
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 14, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Lyrane » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:07 pm

AustriaHungaryBohemia wrote:

:rofl: Is wery true.
Sari Kaniraya, PhD (University of Haru, New Lyrane)
Speaker-to-Animals
"Also? I can kill you with my brain."
Trying to strike a balance between Author Appeal, Flawed Utopia, Nightmare Fuel, and Realism... IN SPACE!

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:09 pm

Didn't you hear about the LAST moonlanding -- Apollo 18 -- and why we didn't go back?
THEY'RE OUT THERE, MAN!

Straughn
Senator

Postby Straughn » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:10 pm

Katganistan wrote:Didn't you hear about the LAST moonlanding -- Apollo 18 -- and why we didn't go back?
THEY'RE OUT THERE, MAN!

THEY'RE IN HERE, WOMAN!

*points to distended belly*

Straughn
Senator

Postby Straughn » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:16 pm

Katganistan wrote:ohhh,congrats! When's the blessed event?

July 9th is the forecast date, but really, any time 'twixt then & now. :)

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:56 pm

It wasn't fake, however John Titor was really the first person on the moon. He went back in time and got lost.

Thartar
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thartar » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:59 pm

Of coarse its real.1000s wached the apollo 11 launch Not to mention apollo numbers 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17.The soviets were waching every move we maid if it was fake they would find out and release to the world.The reflector they left on the moon also proves that a man was on the moon all the cospiricy theories have been debunked the mythbusters.Most of us are pretty curten that exicutions happen in this country behind closed doors.100,000s of people built and designed the caturn 5s I expect they were silenced too.There were conspiricy theorists that thought the world was flat.Pictures videos Space siutes equpment samples whitnesses (Sorry if I misspelled that) reports.Thats enough evidence for me man.It was cancelled by nixion because of the curruption in our political system.

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:01 pm

Thartar wrote:Of coarse its real.1000s wached the apollo 11 launch Not to mention apollo numbers 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17.The soviets were waching every move we maid if it was fake they would find out and release to the world.The reflector they left on the moon also proves that a man was on the moon all the cospiricy theories have been debunked the mythbusters.Most of us are pretty curten that exicutions happen in this country behind closed doors.100,000s of people built and designed the caturn 5s I expect they were silenced too.There were conspiricy theorists that thought the world was flat.Pictures videos Space siutes equpment samples whitnesses (Sorry if I misspelled that) reports.Thats enough evidence for me man.It was cancelled by nixion because of the curruption in our political system.

Apollo 13 was never on the moon.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:06 pm

Wiztopia wrote:
Thartar wrote:Of coarse its real.1000s wached the apollo 11 launch Not to mention apollo numbers 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17.The soviets were waching every move we maid if it was fake they would find out and release to the world.The reflector they left on the moon also proves that a man was on the moon all the cospiricy theories have been debunked the mythbusters.Most of us are pretty curten that exicutions happen in this country behind closed doors.100,000s of people built and designed the caturn 5s I expect they were silenced too.There were conspiricy theorists that thought the world was flat.Pictures videos Space siutes equpment samples whitnesses (Sorry if I misspelled that) reports.Thats enough evidence for me man.It was cancelled by nixion because of the curruption in our political system.

Apollo 13 was never on the moon.

And 8 and 10 only orbited, while 9 was low earth orbit. Wikipedia rocks.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General