NATION

PASSWORD

Moon landing: real or fake? NS decides...

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Was the moon landing real or fake?

100% Real
78%
100% Fake
3%
Probably real, but could be convinced otherwise
13%
Probably fake, but could be convinced otherwise
3%
Other theory (please state)
2%

Total votes : 260

Voltronica
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Voltronica » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:08 pm

Moon landing: landing on a big round round ass.
I am a bit of a pervert so get over it...or under it whichever you prefer ;)
[unclaimed space]
Serial RPist since Aug 2009!!
| Music Culture of Voltronica | FanT FB (UC)|
Phishing with worms is fun! I caught a catphish.
Quoets

Senestrum
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Senestrum » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:08 pm

We went to the moon.

People who say otherwise are blithering morons.
Need help with lineart or technical drawings? Want comments and critique? Or do you just want to show off?
If so, join Lineartinc today, Nationstates' only lineart community!
We welcome people of any skill level, from first-timers to veteran artists.

Lucantis
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lucantis » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:13 pm

Ok. Let me just point out that this thread is frickin' stupid. Second, ALL the moon landings were real. Well except that one to keep the people happy. Also, we never been to Mars yet. All we sent were the rovers. Mankind has yet to build the technology to send humans to Mars and Venus, the Earth's two closest planets. After Apollo 18, we never went back to the moon. You know why? Aliens. Something attacked the crew of Apollo 18 while they were on the moon. I wonder if I can a Mod to lock or delete this. In my opinion, this is SOMEWHAT spammy.
Last edited by Lucantis on Wed Aug 8, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 999,999,999,999,999,999 times in total.

Defense condition of FRL
DEFCON 5: Normal readiness
DEFCON 4: Strengthened security measures
DEFCON 3: Increase in force readiness above than required for normal readiness
DEFCON 2: Further increase in force readiness, but less than maximum readiness
DEFCON 1: War is imminent.
OOC
Milky Way RPs that I'm involved in:
Triple Planet Campaign

Jari Head
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jari Head » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:15 pm

The moon landing was real, this thread is fake :p
We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on?
Gen. John W. Vessey Jr., USA, Chairman of the the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the assault on Grenada, 1983
A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed: "To whom it may concern."

EvilDarkMagicians
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby EvilDarkMagicians » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:16 pm

Fake.

All staged by Walt Disney back in the dark ages.

Strykla
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Strykla » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:21 pm

You've all got it wrong! We never went to the Moon!
We created Spaceball city after Earth ran out of air!
Lord Justice Clerk of the Classical Royalist Party, NSG Senate. Hail, Companion!

Lucantis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lucantis » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:22 pm

Altamirus wrote:
Lucantis wrote:Ok. Let me just point out that this thread is frickin' stupid. Second, ALL the moon landings were real. Well except that one to keep the people happy. Also, we never been to Mars yet. All we sent were the rovers. Mankind has yet to build the technology to send humans to Mars and Venus, the Earth's two closest neighbor planets. After Apollo 18, we never went back to the moon. You know why? Aliens. Something attacked the crew of Apollo 18 while they were on the moon. I wonder if I can a Mod to lock or delete this. In my opinion, this is SOMEWHAT spammy.

You should have been quiet while you were ahead.

:lol2: !!! That's a good one............... Least I'm not one of the idiots who think the moon landings are fake. The moon is the only one that was visited in the History of Man by humans.
Last edited by Lucantis on Wed Aug 8, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 999,999,999,999,999,999 times in total.

Defense condition of FRL
OOC
Triple Planet Campaign

Voltronica
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Voltronica » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:27 pm

Lucantis wrote:
Altamirus wrote:
You should have been quiet while you were ahead.

:lol2: !!! That's a good one............... Least I'm not one of the idiots who think the moon landings are fake. The moon is the only one that was visited in the History of Man by humans.

The moon landing happened on a surgically improved buttox.
I am a bit of a pervert so get over it...or under it whichever you prefer ;)
[unclaimed space]
Serial RPist since Aug 2009!!
| Music Culture of Voltronica | FanT FB (UC)|
Phishing with worms is fun! I caught a catphish.
Quoets

Senestrum
Senator

Postby Senestrum » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:28 pm

Lucantis wrote:Ok. Let me just point out that this thread is frickin' stupid. Second, ALL the moon landings were real. Well except that one to keep the people happy. Also, we never been to Mars yet. All we sent were the rovers. Mankind has yet to build the technology to send humans to Mars and Venus, the Earth's two closest planets. After Apollo 18, we never went back to the moon. You know why? Aliens. Something attacked the crew of Apollo 18 while they were on the moon. I wonder if I can a Mod to lock or delete this. In my opinion, this is SOMEWHAT spammy.

bolded the things that are wrong
Need help with lineart or technical drawings? Want comments and critique? Or do you just want to show off?

Venazio (Ancient)
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Venazio (Ancient) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:29 pm

Moon landing is 100% real. Objections?
I control water :D
I am a Female get it right.
Do you have any mexican in you?
No sorry I dont :(.
You want some :p-Mushet

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:31 pm

Senestrum wrote:bolded the things that are wrong

We do have the technology to send man to Mars... If we want it to be a one-way trip.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Hallistar
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Hallistar » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:35 pm

Kobeanare wrote:
Hallistar wrote:I could go either ways in view on the moon landing, both sides are compelling

Not if you know actual science.

Why does NS decide, exactly? Do we have some sort of power over the truth that I wasn't aware of?

uh Herp, I know actual science, but I'm allowed to be open to possibilities.

Kobeanare
Minister

Founded: Nov 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kobeanare » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:38 pm

Hallistar wrote:uh Herp, I know actual science, but I'm allowed to be open to possibilities.

There's a difference between 'compelling' and 'possible'. You claimed the former.

Senestrum
Senator

Postby Senestrum » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:38 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Senestrum wrote:bolded the things that are wrong

We do have the technology to send man to Mars... If we want it to be a one-way trip.

We could have sent men to mars and back in the 70's if the political will existed.

But it doesn't. That's the story of space exploration for you.

Hallistar
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hallistar » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:41 pm

Kobeanare wrote:
Hallistar wrote:uh Herp, I know actual science, but I'm allowed to be open to possibilities.

There's a difference between 'compelling' and 'possible'. You claimed the former.

Compelling (Allright fine, compelling implies a greater majority than I realized, I'll say "somewhat convincing") in my opinion means they've presented me with something more than a sentence (multiple articles--does not mean it has to be true though) that says "NWO CONSPIRACY GUBERMINT EVIL", I lean heavily toward the statement that the moonlanding is real but I'm saying i might go more into the possiblity of the other side if I was convinced enough through a proper debate.

Sovereign Spirits
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovereign Spirits » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:42 pm

Taking only the track record for large organizations and government on telling the truth and combining that with that of their lies, there is no reason for me to believe that the first US landing on the moon went anywhere near how the official story describes it, or that it happened at all. Considering other factors, however, it is plausible that a moon landing did occur.

The important thing to take away is that blindly believing a story from a compulsive liar is simply mindless, and likely hypocritical as that is not usually your first choice of action when faced with such things. Do not be so quick to assume household familiarity with things you did not witness or experience first-hand. Recognize that there is room for dissonance, and that there should be. Tone down your fanaticism and relax your stubbornness. After all, it's not like this subject is rocket science... Or...?
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
- Thomas Jefferson, November 1787

Hallistar
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hallistar » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:43 pm

Sovereign Spirits wrote:Taking only the track record for large organizations and government on telling the truth and combining that with that of their lies, there is no reason for me to believe that the first US landing on the moon went anywhere near how the official story describes it, or that it happened at all. Considering other factors, however, it is plausible that a moon landing did occur.

The important thing to take away is that blindly believing a story from a compulsive liar is simply mindless, and likely hypocritical as that is not usually your first choice of action when faced with such things. Do not be so quick to assume household familiarity with things you did not witness or experience first-hand. Recognize that there is room for dissonance, and that there should be. Tone down your fanaticism and relax your stubbornness. After all, it's not like this subject is rocket science... Or...?

I suppose, the USSR did glamorize and exaggerate results of its space missions

Senestrum
Senator

Postby Senestrum » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:44 pm

Hallistar wrote:
Kobeanare wrote:There's a difference between 'compelling' and 'possible'. You claimed the former.

Compelling (Allright fine, compelling implies a greater majority than I realized, I'll say "somewhat convincing") in my opinion means they've presented me with something more than a sentence (multiple articles--does not mean it has to be true though) that says "NWO CONSPIRACY GUBERMINT EVIL", I lean heavily toward the statement that the moonlanding is real but I'm saying i might go more into the possiblity of the other side if I was convinced enough through a proper debate.

Please.

Even thinking that there is a possibility that we didn't go to the moon betrays either massive ignorance on the topic or a willful disregard for reality.

Which one is it?

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:44 pm

Kobeanare wrote:
Hallistar wrote:I could go either ways in view on the moon landing, both sides are compelling

Not if you know actual science.

Why does NS decide, exactly? Do we have some sort of power over the truth that I wasn't aware of?

Obviously.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

Wazkyraque
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wazkyraque » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Please don't tell me there are still people that believe all of them were fake
"Everything takes time. Bees have to move very fast to stay still."

Hallistar
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hallistar » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:47 pm

Senestrum wrote:
Hallistar wrote:

Please.

Even thinking that there is a possibility that we didn't go to the moon betrays either massive ignorance on the topic or a willful disregard for reality.

Which one is it?

I don't have time for this kind of dogmatism. I am not disregarding reality, I am aware of space missions having technical difficulties, and I'm saying there is a possibility to it, but that does not mean I actually believe that it is fake. I have read about the space program and reality, but I'm not going to be be labeled with ignorance just because I actually looked into the landing somewhat before instead of blindly accepting it outright.

Edit: I don't mean the possibility of it never happened in history, I meant that the possibility of it not occuring at exactly that date in 1969 but most likely at maximum occuring correctly a couple months or a few years later.
Last edited by Hallistar on Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:51 pm

I don't care, but it'd better be...

Kobeanare
Minister

Founded: Nov 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kobeanare » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:54 pm

Sovereign Spirits wrote:Taking only the track record for large organizations and government on telling the truth and combining that with that of their lies, there is no reason for me to believe that the first US landing on the moon went anywhere near how the official story describes it, or that it happened at all.

What about the government track record for covering shit up?

Lucantis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lucantis » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Senestrum wrote:
Lucantis wrote:Ok. Let me just point out that this thread is frickin' stupid. Second, ALL the moon landings were real. Well except that one to keep the people happy. Also, we never been to Mars yet. All we sent were the rovers. Mankind has yet to build the technology to send humans to Mars and Venus, the Earth's two closest planets. After Apollo 18, we never went back to the moon. You know why? Aliens. Something attacked the crew of Apollo 18 while they were on the moon. I wonder if I can a Mod to lock or delete this. In my opinion, this is SOMEWHAT spammy.

I bolded the things that are right.

This thread is fake
What does it make?
Who says it's real?
I feel
It is
This is
Stupid

I bolded the things that describes this thread.

Defense condition of FRL
OOC
Triple Planet Campaign

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:56 pm

Lucantis wrote:This thread is fake
What does it make?
Who says it's real?

This turning into a philosophical debate?

Awesome.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General