NATION

PASSWORD

MAIN MILITARY WEAPON OF YOUR COUNTRY (MK. II) P2

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Munathanura
Senator

Founded: Feb 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Munathanura » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:39 am

Anemos Major wrote:
Munathanura wrote:I've got some links with information on armour for vehicles if you want them.

IRHA with Titanium diboride in the composites, modular armour layout, nERA blocks, IRHA and interstial Titanium Carbide for the structural armour, and an all welded steel monocoque hull and turret (at least, in the Yrdentsyr tank).

I know how to do it. But I'm principled against selling armour because there're already enough people doing that competently.

Nevermind then, you have a better idea than I do :p.
Wamitoria wrote:
Caninope wrote:OMG, FBI does it's jobs and uses search warrants to recover stolen property. The world is ending.

Welcome to America, where the authorities can be doing too much and too little at the same god damn time.
Tahar Joblis wrote:Your "heartfelt recommendation," i.e., baseless accusation of misogyny, is noted with all the respect that is due. Which corresponds to that due a $100 billion Zimbabwean banknote. :eyebrow:
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56

Belmotin
Spokesperson

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Belmotin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:03 am

About 10,000 AY144L assault rifles from Lyran arms. We did have more but the Civil war has depleted stocks. We have been forced to return to the Soviet AK family of weapons, however once the war is over look at purchasing more guns. Not necessarily from Lyras.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:10 am

Belmotin wrote:About 10,000 AY144L assault rifles from Lyran arms. We did have more but the Civil war has depleted stocks. We have been forced to return to the Soviet AK family of weapons, however once the war is over look at purchasing more guns. Not necessarily from Lyras.

BUY FROM MEEEEEEEE-

/shamelessselfpromotion

Have you tried designing your own weapons?

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:17 am

So yeah, I am doing an RP with Imeriata where he is invading a puppet of mine made up of giant (10-15 feet tall) demons, and I need a low tech (can't be semi or fully automatic) big gun that would rape anything it hits. Any ideas, or anyone want to actually make something?
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:22 am

Either an Elephant Gun, or that colossal gun people linked when I mentioned infantry anti-tank railguns. The one you could only fire by balancing the rifle on someone else's shoulder.
Anemos Major wrote:
Belmotin wrote:About 10,000 AY144L assault rifles from Lyran arms. We did have more but the Civil war has depleted stocks. We have been forced to return to the Soviet AK family of weapons, however once the war is over look at purchasing more guns. Not necessarily from Lyras.

BUY FROM MEEEEEEEE-

/shamelessselfpromotion

*barges Anemos out of the way*
No! Buy mine!
loljk
Have you tried designing your own weapons?
This, if you have an imagination, you can have your personal aesthetic and traits on weapons.
Last edited by Samozaryadnyastan on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:23 am

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:So yeah, I am doing an RP with Imeriata where he is invading a puppet of mine made up of giant (10-15 feet tall) demons, and I need a low tech (can't be semi or fully automatic) big gun that would rape anything it hits. Any ideas, or anyone want to actually make something?

Lever action firing 30x173mm NATO.
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:26 am

Galla- wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:So yeah, I am doing an RP with Imeriata where he is invading a puppet of mine made up of giant (10-15 feet tall) demons, and I need a low tech (can't be semi or fully automatic) big gun that would rape anything it hits. Any ideas, or anyone want to actually make something?

What about anti-infantry? I could use a break open 4 gauge to take out entire infantry squads before closing into melee combat.

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:26 am

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
Galla- wrote:

What about anti-infantry? I could use a break open 4 gauge to take out entire infantry squads before closing into melee combat.

That is anti-infantry.

Disposable rocket launchers firing LOSATs for AT.

Volley fire gatling guns firing 20x102mm NATO for AA.
Last edited by Galla- on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:28 am

There are times in life when a man knows he was born for something.

I'm on it.

Oterro
Post Marshal

Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:28 am

Oh, wait, you hate multi-barrels.Image
we, unlike the bourgeoisie, have nothing to lose and therefore our expression will be the only honest one, our words will be the only challenging ones and our art will be the one revolutionary expression. We need new noise and new voices and new canvases to become something more than the last poets of a useless generation.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:33 am

Oterro wrote:

Oh, Oterro.

Way ahead of you, mate. This is going to make people cry.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:34 am

Galla- wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:What about anti-infantry? I could use a break open 4 gauge to take out entire infantry squads before closing into melee combat.

That is anti-infantry.

Unfortunately the demons are stupid and can only use simple weapons such as bolt action, so LOSATs and gatling guns are out of the question. I am considering using 4 gauge shotguns to shoot down planes and choppers like bird hunting. I suppose I could let them have some rather archaic AAA and artillery guns, but no machine guns besides what we loot.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:36 am

Oterro wrote:

Well I could use that, if it wasn't so small and girly. Also, I should probably give the officers pistol/shotguns firing 12 gauge slugs to wield with giant greatswords. Pew pew slash slash fwoosh fwoosh.

That last part was the demon flying away.

Oterro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:38 am

oh you didn't

bitch i'll show you girly

brb ms paint
we, unlike the bourgeoisie, have nothing to lose and therefore our expression will be the only honest one, our words will be the only challenging ones and our art will be the one revolutionary expression. We need new noise and new voices and new canvases to become something more than the last poets of a useless generation.

Oterro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:46 am

double heads are fucking retarded.

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:48 am

Altamirus wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Unfortunately the demons are stupid and can only use simple weapons such as bolt action, so LOSATs and gatling guns are out of the question. I am considering using 4 gauge shotguns to shoot down planes and choppers like bird hunting. I suppose I could let them have some rather archaic AAA and artillery guns, but no machine guns besides what we loot.

Imagehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punt_gun
That's what I was waiting for someone to link!
Call me Para.
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:49 am

Altamirus wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Well I could use that, if it wasn't so small and girly. Also, I should probably give the officers pistol/shotguns firing 12 gauge slugs to wield with giant greatswords. Pew pew slash slash fwoosh fwoosh.

That last part was the demon flying away.

Swords are girly compared to such brutes.Try a 15 foot long battle axe with a 25 pound double bitten head. Image

Nobles get swords, everyone else gets either a giant maul, a kanabo like club, or a spiked mace.

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:50 am

Galla- wrote:
That is anti-infantry.

Unfortunately the demons are stupid and can only use simple weapons such as bolt action, so LOSATs and gatling guns are out of the question. I am considering using 4 gauge shotguns to shoot down planes and choppers like bird hunting. I suppose I could let them have some rather archaic AAA and artillery guns, but no machine guns besides what we loot.

I was always sketchy when it came to shotgun gauge, but doesn't 4 gauge mean that there are just 4 really large pieces of shot in a shell?
Call me Para.
^ trufax

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:50 am

Oterro wrote:double heads are fucking retarded.

Yes they are, but my demons are pretty retarded too, and rely a lot on intimidation. More than a normal army because they are too stupid to think of intelligent tactics and have technology around 80 years old.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:53 am

I think I'm creating a monster here...

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:53 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Unfortunately the demons are stupid and can only use simple weapons such as bolt action, so LOSATs and gatling guns are out of the question. I am considering using 4 gauge shotguns to shoot down planes and choppers like bird hunting. I suppose I could let them have some rather archaic AAA and artillery guns, but no machine guns besides what we loot.

I was always sketchy when it came to shotgun gauge, but doesn't 4 gauge mean that there are just 4 really large pieces of shot in a shell?

Gauge is the weight of a lead ball in the barrel, a 4 gauge shotgun can fit a 4 oz lead ball in its barrel, a 16 gauge shotgun a 1 oz lead ball, a 1 gauge, a 16 oz lead ball. So a 4 gauge can fit a lead ball weighing 1/4th of a pound, a 12 gauge, a ball weighing 1/12th of a pound.

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:55 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:I was always sketchy when it came to shotgun gauge, but doesn't 4 gauge mean that there are just 4 really large pieces of shot in a shell?

Gauge is the weight of a lead ball in the barrel, a 4 gauge shotgun can fit a 4 oz lead ball in its barrel, a 16 gauge shotgun a 1 oz lead ball, a 1 gauge, a 16 oz lead ball. So a 4 gauge can fit a lead ball weighing 1/4th of a pound, a 12 gauge, a ball weighing 1/12th of a pound.

So, does a 4 gauge fit 4 1/4lbs pieces of shot, and a 16 gauge 16 1/6lbs pieces of shot?

It was ages since I read up on it, and I was massively confused when I walked away.
Call me Para.
^ trufax

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:58 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Gauge is the weight of a lead ball in the barrel, a 4 gauge shotgun can fit a 4 oz lead ball in its barrel, a 16 gauge shotgun a 1 oz lead ball, a 1 gauge, a 16 oz lead ball. So a 4 gauge can fit a lead ball weighing 1/4th of a pound, a 12 gauge, a ball weighing 1/12th of a pound.

So, does a 4 gauge fit 4 1/4lbs pieces of shot, and a 16 gauge 16 1/6lbs pieces of shot?

It was ages since I read up on it, and I was massively confused when I walked away.

Not exactly, shot can vary widely from gun to gun, what a 4 gauge gun is is that a lead ball the diameter of the barrel will weigh 1/4th of a pound, you could easily fit more than a quarter of a pound of shot in it.

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:00 am

Monty-Python takes the stand:
Hurtful Thoughts wrote:The LAR-655E3.

The simplest ultra-compact armor-piercing bullpup you'll find on the market to ever pass muster in NS-Draftroom as a rifle capable of shooting holes into a Gundam Mobile-Suit.

Just litterally wave your arm at the target and squeeze the trigger, problem solved!

No safeties or fire-selectors to worry about, just retract the bolt, open the dust cover and you're good to go for semi-auto and fully-auto based on how hard you pull the trigger.

It's simply amazing!

BTW, grenade-launcher is fitted alongside the gun to be operated by the rear supporting-hand.

So do yourself a favor, get something that has withstood the test of time, pick up a Hurty and "Hurt em plenty" with it.

But don't take our word for it, take the words of the deleted trolls heaping praise on this glorious machine!

"I think his numbers and pic actually look very comfortable for a bullpup--andi fucking hate bullpups."

"Why put the other hand in front--you ever see a tactical reload on the AK performed?"

"This bullpup actually looks capable of competent tactical reload something I have never seen any bullpup remotely make possible."

"With the pistol grip so far forward the stock butted to the shoulder this would allow for immense single arm control--you want two hands to steady the weapon? brace your grip with a cupped palm. This would then allow one to not take the weapon from firing position to reload the weapon---I say it looks good. "

BTW: as noted, these things were meant to operate in the harsh winter climates associated with DMG by untrained simians, hence the lack of a trigger-gaurd as it was widely believed their fingers would fall-off from frostbite after only 5 days of fighting.

Alternately, this rifle can be used by limp-wristed armless child-conscript soldiers with speech impediments.

See link for more criticisms and details.
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:If there was only a "like" button for NS posts....

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:03 am

snip

sorry, posted unfinished product
Last edited by Anemos Major on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information