NATION

PASSWORD

A Zone of Excursion [IC Thread / Closed]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Ruskarkand
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

A Zone of Excursion [IC Thread / Closed]

Postby Ruskarkand » Mon May 16, 2011 1:31 pm

[OOC: Thread links]
Zone of Excursion [Signup/OOC thread] - Feel free to sign up, open 24/7

"A gust of wind pelted the surrounding area, sweeping across the ground like a cold blanket, dragging up dirt and leaves and shifting them into the sky.
The road was baron, marred by a neverending flurry of cracks, life emerging from the broken crevaces in the beaten pathway, it was a tribute to how long this devastated Zone has been left in this state.
Surrounding it was a lush forest, trees scattered everywhere, beneath the thick canopy lay a shadow, which would pay homage to the deaths of many, those many who are curious enough to take the way that the others did not, and they paid for it with their lives.
Up the road, some crudely assembled buildings were up, however, they were encrusted with an orange coat, rust to be precise, the green paint flaking off slowly as old vehicles lay looted, stripped down of anything valuable.
The base lay deserted, beyond it was a barbed wire and an open gate.

This was the way to the zone, once you go down this path, you will find it difficult to walk back, but those who do decide to take the pathway, take a risk.
Would their lives be worth the secrets that they could find in the zone? Would their lives be worth the riches they could get in the zone?
It is a sacrifice that asks for a lot, but in return, one can gain so much more.

A start to life in the zone is difficult, you are fresh in your mind, you are untainted by the dark colors of the zone, yet you are willing to approach and embrace it's evil whim for personal benefit, that is a sign of courage, and that is what drives most S.T.A.L.K.E.Rs.
This is the zone, fellow S.T.A.L.K.E.R, and what it bestows to you is equal to what fate has decreed for you, whether you succeed.
Or you die."

The Dragoon stood quietly, observing the road with the PSO-1 scope on his AKs-74u.
His black trenchcoat swayed gently from the wind, a hood obscuring his head, despite the fact his nose peeked out from the shadow.
A leather container was positioned neatly on the trenchcoat, where the breast pocket would be, a small light seemed to be emerging from beneath it.

The Dragoon lowered his weapon, before pulling the sling over his shoulder.
He pulled down his hood, revealing his scaled head, it's dark green base marred slightly with small chips and minor scratches.
He promptly opened his jaw before shouting out; "Sasha, Heel!", his thick accent drowning the surroundings.

From one of the abandoned buildings, a brown german shepherd dog emerged and walked over to the figure.
Once at the leg of the Dragoon, she sat down and looked up to her master, who in turn gently rubbed her behind the ear.
"Good Sasha, find anything?" he said to the dog, but a stern look from Sasha indicated she hadn't found anything.
The Dragoon sighed, before pointing out another building.

The dog got up, taking off and looking for a way into the metal tomb that had lay abandoned for years.
The Dragoon promptly turned to face the distance once more, before thinking.
So close, but yet so far.
Last edited by Ruskarkand on Mon May 16, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Scottish resident of the United Kingdom.
- Appreciator of Dragons and Draconic things.
- Minor FanT. FT.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

The Kangaroo Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kangaroo Republic » Mon May 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Juri checked his surroundings as he hopped down the crack-filled road at a slow pace. His hands reached for one of the pockets of his dark blue cargo pants, out of which he got a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. He slowly got a cigarette out of the pack and lit it with his lighter before putting the pack and the lighter back into his pocket.

The young 'roo relied mostly on just his own fur for the protection against the cold. The cold wind softly tickled his snout as he continued his way while continuing to check his surroundings constantly. There were a number of old, abandoned buildings ahead which were affected heavily by the many years that they were left unoccupied and unmaintained.

Juri held his left hand near the holster of his gun, a Walther P99. He was nervous about what lay ahead of him, but he knew that he had a goal here. A goal which he felt he had to fullfill.

In his small black backpack were some of his personal belongings and an ever-so-handy flashlight along with extra batteries for it. He kept his swiss army knife in his pocket and had a combat knife ready to be used if he were to engage in combat.

He took a drag of his cigarette and blew a little puff of smoke in the air, which soon flew away with the wind and dissipated. He sighed deeply before putting the cigaratte back into his mouth and continuing his way. I swear, if I am going to make it out of this place alive, I'm going to quite smoking. He thought by himself.
Last edited by The Kangaroo Republic on Mon May 16, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sub Astra --- Australes Unum
they/them or he/him pronouns please
Version 3 of the Kangaroo Republic started on 9 March, 2014

>>Go to factbook<<

Other names for the Kangaroo Republic: The Federation, FKR, The Federal Kangaroo Republic
Demonym: Macropodine, Kangan
NS resident kangaroo furry and therian.
Demsoc, Pro BLM, Pro Antifa
Big ol' non-binary duder

Ruskarkand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskarkand » Mon May 16, 2011 2:24 pm

The Dragoon continued looking into the distance, he could easily escape the zone, but yet, did he want to?
What did he have to go back to? His fate was with the zone, he knew it, he could not just leave now.
He averted his eyes, taking out a small flask from his pocket.
As he unscrewed the cap, a strong scent of Vodka filled the air.

The Dragoon put it to his mouth, but he paused.
His belt was making a ticking noise...
He moved the flask away from his mouth, looking at his belt, it was infact his geiger counter ticking.
The Dragoon frowned, looking at the Flask of Vodka in his hand.
"Couldn't be.." he muttered.

As he looked to his left, he saw Sasha sat next to him, in her mouth was a bent piece of metal with a box on the back of it.
The Dragoon reached out, grabbing it.
"Sasha, Drop." he shouted out.

The Dog loosened it's jaw on the metal, and the Dragoon took it from her.
Sure enough, it was the source of the radiation, the scales on his hand discoloring heavily.
He got up, before rearing back his hand, before throwing the object out to the road.

It hit the cracked surface, bouncing afew times and breaking up, before coming to a prompt rest.
The Dragoon sighed, turning to his dog.
"Bad Sasha! Don't bring me stuff like that!"
- Minor FanT. FT.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

-IUSA
Envoy

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -IUSA » Mon May 16, 2011 2:26 pm

John sniffed the air, it was cold and it stenched of blood, he crawled to the side and looked at a dead animal, he ignored it and got on both legs, he grabbed his gun and walked down the road. He looked again, snarling and making low noises, he looked at his ball which he placed in his pockets, this was the zone, a place that could be a challenge.

The Hunter looked to the sides of the road, the cold going through him, yet not a factor, he was not cold, he was not chilly, he felt only his feet touching the ground. He looked ahead, he could barely make anything out, most Hunters have poor eyesight. he saw something move, it was hopping. He was hungry, maybe he should check it out. He crouched down, moved his muscles back, and jumped into the air, each jump got him closer until he was only a few feet away, he then jumped over the hopping being and turned around.
I am back to using my nation, time to get back to business.

Goldsaver
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goldsaver » Mon May 16, 2011 2:27 pm

Akira Solom walked along the path; he had his pistol visibly holstered on his side, and his gas-mask was hanging at his side. He kept his daisho pair on his back. He walked at a brisk pace, examining the area around him. A small village, mostly abandoned, the houses stripped empty, and greatly damaged due to the length of time without repair. Solom decided to investigate the village, placing his gas-mask on just in case. He looked in the houses, stripped clean by years of plundering. He figured there was nothing of great value in the village, and continued on.

Solom had already figured out what he needed; he needed to find an assault rifle, and body armor. He was ordered to go here by the Republic, to investigate the area and to find out what is in this are. He was dropped into the zone, and ordered to go to what was called the Rookie Camp. He walked along the path, heading towards the Rookie Camp.
The Free Federation of the Golden Lands
Free Federation Q&A
Liberal Democracy; Militaristic; Federation; Feminist
"None Shall be Held in Chains"
"All May Find Shelter Behind Our Walls"
"No Evil Shall Survive Our Wrath"

Mesarian
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mesarian » Mon May 16, 2011 2:30 pm

Jason sat alone in the back of an old Troop Transport as it drove him down the decrepid old road - with a blank look on his face, emotionless, deep in thought.
There were stories of The Zone in his homeland, of the horrors that befell the people there and the people who scavaged the husk of what remained,
many thought it was simply stories to scare children but... the scenery all around proved otherwise, this seemed to say that the stories were true,
if so then Jason had just driven into Hell.

Then again, hell was all to familier to this particular young man.
"2 minutes! Get ready, I ain't hanging around!" The Driver cried into the back of the truck,
Jason finally awoke from his trance like state and glanced all around him to get his bearings, and then set to work.
He pulled the EP-17 Pistol from its holster and scanned it for any malfunctions, cocking it and checking the magazine to be sure - Like all Mesarian weapons, Flawless.
Placing the pistol back into its holster Jason looked one last time out the back of the truck, nothing but dead plants, a destroyed road and what appeared to be several skeletons, the truth hit him - if he was not careful then this 'Zone' would be the end of him.

Sighing, Jason closed his eyes and wiped his face with his left hand and then slapped himself with his right,
fear was not an emotion he could affored to have in such an area, especially with such little equipment.

Ok, I'm all ready Excursion, let's see what you've got Jason whispered to himself, with a determined, and slightly angry, look on his face,
he then reached into the right sleeve pocket of his Shirt and pulled out a crumpled little picture and then did nothing, just stared at it - lost in thought again.

Mesarian Factbook
Embassy Program
Slovitrean Arms Store Front - They helped design and now distribute our M1000 Sniper
3rd ever Mesarian Election!
Hayaba wrote:
Blademasters765 wrote:*puts guns to head, pulls trigger, falls to ground*

I simply have fond memories of the Manchurian Republic.

Dewhurst-Narculis wrote:
Mesarian wrote:Yeah but i have the feeling that in Hayaba's mind we are all his slaves... and he can RP properly... which obviously means he's mentally ill and needs help

He is beyond help and I'm not his sex slave, I know your all thinking it!

The Kangaroo Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kangaroo Republic » Mon May 16, 2011 2:30 pm

-IUSA wrote:-snip-

Juri was startled by the figure that suddenly jumped right in front of him. Instinctively he reached for his gun and aimed it at the unknown figure. He could feel his heart pound as the adrenaline rushed through his body. What in gods name was the creature that was in front of him? It looked like some sort of creature that was mutated by radiation or something. Maybe this was what happened to people who entered the zone?

He aimed at the creature with his gun in his left hand. His arms were visibly shaking as Juri couldn't know whether the unknown creature was hostile or not.
Last edited by The Kangaroo Republic on Mon May 16, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

>>Go to factbook<<

Other names for the Kangaroo Republic: The Federation, FKR, The Federal Kangaroo Republic
Big ol' non-binary duder

Ruskarkand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskarkand » Mon May 16, 2011 2:36 pm

The Dragoon sighed briefly, taking out a syrette and a small jar.
"Damnit dog, didn't want to have to do this two times in one week." he said, as he jabbed the syringe through the skin of the jar and drew out a liquid.
He crouched down next to Sasha, before finding a spot on her neck and sliding the needle in quickly.
The dog whimpered, but the Dragoon injected the syrum quickly, before withdrawing it.
"There there Sasha, I know it hurts.." he cooed quietly, taking out the syringe and dropping it.

He took out another syrette, before poking it into the jar and drawing up some liquid.
"I know it hurt's because I got to do it too." he said with a slight grin to the dog, as he gently pried open some scales on his arm.
The Dragoon wiped the grin of his face, gritting his teeth as he slid the needle beneath his scales into his arm, injecting the syrum.
After it was done, he tore it out and threw it far into his opposite direction, into the path of the road once more.

"Damnit Sasha, you know how to take one of those better than I ever could." he said to the Dog, who was panting by his heel happily, waiting.
The Dragoon looked up, he swore he could see movement on the road...
- Minor FanT. FT.

-IUSA
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -IUSA » Mon May 16, 2011 2:39 pm

"So, who are you? I never seen a Kangaroo in clothes, well except Kangaroo Jack, but that is a different tail, so hoppy thing, are you here to that rookie camp thing?"
John said looking at the being, he stood up and wiped his pant legs off.

"Were not far from something, I smell dog, and I smell a reptile of sorts, maybe we are at the camp. Are you holding something?"
he said trying to make out the figure which appeared to be a black blob.

The Kangaroo Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kangaroo Republic » Mon May 16, 2011 2:42 pm

Juri calmed down after the creature seemed to be friendly. He let out a sigh of relief and holstered his gun again. "My name's Juri." He said calmly, with a thick Australian accent, "I am sorry, but you kind of startled me when you suddenly jumped right in front of me. And yes, I am heading for the Rookie Camp." The young 'roo was just relieved that the creature was not out to kill him.

>>Go to factbook<<

Big ol' non-binary duder

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Mon May 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Carl surveyed the landscape, which was barren. He couldn't help but feel a sense of unease as he made his way through the seemingly lifeless area that was the Zone. It felt eerie to him, there was nothing back home that was quite like this.

Clad in a blue long-sleeved shirt and blue jeans, Carl felt chilled, both by the haunting landscape and the bitter cold. He stopped in the middle of a large grass field and looked around. He thought to himself Many people used to live here, now it's deserted. Never seen anything like it...

With a sigh, he continued on his way, his feet wrapped up in wool rags to protect them from the cold. His SCAR slung on his back and his M91 pistol lay in a holster tied around his right thigh.

Better hope I come out of this place alive. he thought to himself.
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

-IUSA
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -IUSA » Mon May 16, 2011 2:49 pm

"The name is John, I am nicknamed Karma by by freinds, I am what most Humans call a Hunter, was a normal man until the Green Flu hit the US, we are ll like this in some way, some are like me, others are more normal. So, are you scared of this place?" John asked Juri.

Goldsaver
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goldsaver » Mon May 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Solom heard a light clicking noise in the distance, that disturbed the relative quite of the road. He looked in the distance, and could barely make out a figure in the distance; clearly not human, but humanoid, and a smaller figure next to it that was clearly an animal. Solom slowly moved to hide behind a nearby rock, hoping not to catch the unknown thing's attention.

He drew his shorter sword from his Dasiho pair, and pulled out his pistol. He hoped whatever it was was not hostile, but he had to be safe. If he could avoid detection, than all the better.
Free Federation Q&A

Ruskarkand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskarkand » Mon May 16, 2011 2:51 pm

The Dragoon unslung the AKs-74u from his shoulder, before he reached over and pulled back the bolt, making two loud clicks as he did so.
"God, I love that noise." he said, as he inspected his weapon briefly.
He looked to his right once more, and he swore that he could see figures in the distance, approaching slowly.
The Dragoon tightened the grip on his gun, hiding his tail and wings from the cold wind with his trenchcoat, he stood like a small monument, looking out to the distance, his dog by his side.
- Minor FanT. FT.

-IUSA
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -IUSA » Mon May 16, 2011 2:51 pm

'I smell human nearby' John said quickly to himself

The Kangaroo Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kangaroo Republic » Mon May 16, 2011 2:54 pm

"Eh, not really scared of this place." Juri said. "It's the random people that jump right in front of me, practically giving me a heart attack that scare me." He snarkingly added. "So, uhm, Karma it is, eh?" He asked, this time a bit more curious.

He looked behind him once more, feeling as though he was being watched. Perhaps it was because of how much John or "karma" startled him that made Juri feel a bit more alert and expecting of something showing up without warning.

>>Go to factbook<<

Big ol' non-binary duder

Mesarian
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mesarian » Mon May 16, 2011 2:55 pm

"Hey, Hey! Are you alright back there?" The Driver of the truck shouted at Jason who was still lost in his thoughts,
the shouting did however wake him up yet again from his trance.
"Yeah, I'm fine" Jason replied, and then attempted to look back at his picture before being pulled back into the conversation.

"Just that you look pretty distracted, you need to have 100% concentration here in the Zone or your dead, then again you look dead already" The Driver joked and smiled as he turned back to watch the road,
Jason didn't find it funny at all - he'd lost his sense of humour along time ago, life - to him, was all one sick joke.
Finally awakened and unable to go back into trance, Jason placed the picture back into his Sleeve pocket before slumping back, folding his arms and looking out the back of the truck again,
same old, same old - All of the buildings were totalled and the plants dead or dying, however he did pick up one small detail that had appeared, off in the distance a small bouncing silhouette which was also shaking ever so slightly, God knows what it was, Jason didn't really care - he had Eagle Eyes like many Mesarians, that didn't mean he had to find out what he saw was.

"We're literally on the last stretch now" The Driver 'helpfully' belowed back once again - Jason just wished he would shut the hell up,
He wasn't here to make friends, he was here to fight and make himself some money, nothing more.

The truck suddenly stopped with a jolt, almost knocking Jason to the floor - the Driver's door opened but no footsteps could be heard.
Jason was a pecimist to the end, he believed somthing to be wrong and so pulled his pistol from the holster and readied himself - nothing happened for several seconds until a loud CRACK
and then a THUMP against the side of the truck - then silence again, after a few more seconds Jason finally decided he had to move.
He jumped out the back of the turck and looked around as fast as possible, the Driver was no where to be seen.

Hurridly Jason moved over to where he had heard the crack and could not find anything, not even tracks
Right, he's dead - How bout i get to that Rookie Camp, sorry old man Jason thought to himself, and that's exactly what he would now do
Proceeding on foot, Jason headed towards the Camp, with one final glance back he saw the silhouette in the distance had become slightly larger,
thinking nothing of it he began to move quickly.

Mesarian Factbook
Embassy Program
Slovitrean Arms Store Front - They helped design and now distribute our M1000 Sniper
Hayaba wrote:

Dewhurst-Narculis wrote:
Mesarian wrote:Yeah but i have the feeling that in Hayaba's mind we are all his slaves... and he can RP properly... which obviously means he's mentally ill and needs help

Goldsaver
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goldsaver » Mon May 16, 2011 2:56 pm

Solom held his sword and pistol in hand, and began to slowly make his way towards the figures in a crouching position. He decided he needed to figure out what it was, and hope it wasn't hostile. He flashed on the Infra-red on his mask, which would him to see figures in the distance that his naked eye wouldn't be able to.
Free Federation Q&A

-IUSA
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -IUSA » Mon May 16, 2011 2:59 pm

The Hunter smelled something, he Jumped to the top of a tree and heard movement below, he could see a faint figure. Whatever this is, it was possibly an enemy.

Ruskarkand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskarkand » Mon May 16, 2011 3:00 pm

Sasha turned around, facing the zone.
The barking of other dogs was heard in the distance, but a considerable difference was identifyable, they were alot more distorted.
They got closer and closer quickly, the Dragoon turned around, seeing lots of Pseudodogs flood through the gate.
With little to no time to react, the Dragoon shouted as he raised the gun to the crowd of mutated wolves; "Sasha, Run!"
The dog withdrew, running down the road at a quick rate.
The Dragoon began to fire the AKs-74u at the creatures wildly, the snaps echoing across the surrounding area.
- Minor FanT. FT.

The Kangaroo Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kangaroo Republic » Mon May 16, 2011 3:02 pm

Juri wondered why John suddenly jumped up a tree. Clearly he had noticed somebody, or something approaching. He looked behind him once more and quickly unholstered his pistol and aimed it. "Karma, what the fuck is going on?" He softly asked.

It was then that he heard more gunshots in the distance and somebody yelling. "Well shit!" He said. He had to make a decision. He quickly hopped off to investigate the source of the gunshots behind him.
Last edited by The Kangaroo Republic on Mon May 16, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

>>Go to factbook<<

Big ol' non-binary duder

Mesarian
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mesarian » Mon May 16, 2011 3:05 pm

Off in the distance Jason heard gunshots, they were loud so possibly close, and coming from the direction he was headed.
Without even thinking his training kicked in, Jason readied his pistol and began to sprint towards the gunfire to help in whatever way was necesary,
Death was not going to claim another person today if he could help it.

"I'M COMING TO HELP!" Jason screamed at the top of his voice hoping that the person shooting could hear,
A glimmer of hope can often improve chances of survival by ten fold, he just hoped that it wasn't already too late as he heard strange, angry, barks also eminating from the area of the gunfire.

On his way down the road the creature creating the bark showed itself, a strange Dog like animal charged towards Jason,
without even a blink Jason fired 2 shots, 1 hitting the creatures left leg and 1 hit its head as it was falling the mutated 'freak' was dead, he stopped for a second and fired another shot into the animal to make sure it would stay dead but then pressed on, if a mass of these were attacking a singular person then the outcome would be very painful for that person.
Last edited by Mesarian on Mon May 16, 2011 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mesarian Factbook
Embassy Program
Hayaba wrote:

Dewhurst-Narculis wrote:

The Kangaroo Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kangaroo Republic » Mon May 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Juri started to see a figure in the distance. It appeared to be somebody trying to fight of a whole pack of strange creatures. He quickly ducked behing a wrecked car and peeked over it to further assess the situation.

"What in fuck's name is that?" He whispered, watching the figure trying to fight off the strange wolf-like creatures.

>>Go to factbook<<

Big ol' non-binary duder

Goldsaver
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goldsaver » Mon May 16, 2011 3:10 pm

Solom heard the bullets in the distance, and looked off into the distance with his infrared; the humanoid figure appeared to be fighting off a pack of animals, which appeared to be deformed wolves. He quickly moved towards the gunfire, hoping to assist the humanoid in fighting off the creatures. Thoughts of whether the humanoid was hostile were pushed from his mind as he ran to assist it, his sword and pistol drawn.
Free Federation Q&A

-IUSA
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -IUSA » Mon May 16, 2011 3:10 pm

The Hunter could see a lone creature, it looked tasty and it was chasing after a dragon like thing. He got ready, and he jumped from the tree, he then pounced on the creature, he started to scratch it, bite it and rip its guts out, i=with in seconds the beast was dead and it's heart was in Johns mouth, a bunch of others came at him and he looked, so he grabbed his gun and fired at them, jumping past them to ignore their attacks.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates