NATION

PASSWORD

Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs) [Part 1]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Mon May 09, 2011 5:56 pm

Bajireyn wrote:(Repost)
(Image)
Mk.45 Dragon Hover-tank
Manufacturer: Dah'ool Armaments
Cost: $ 150,000 NBSD
Weight: 55.5 tons
Crew: 2 (Driver-Gunner & Commander,rest is automated)
Armour: Titanium-tungsten armor with active protection system and laser CWIS
Armament: 135mm rail gun,and a 15mm Gauss machine gun and sockets for extra weapons
Ammunition:3 round Auto-loaded revolver magazines (16 APFSDS-T magazines, 12 HEAT-T magazines,5 canister shells and 5 Nuclear-tipped shell magazines)
Suspension: Type-120 hover pads (4 on each side)
Range: 1500 km
Max Speed: 80kph

$150k is far too little for any tank at all. 25 times that much would be more accurate.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

United Districts of 1
Minister

Founded: Aug 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:57 pm

(Image)
Mk.45 Dragon Hover-tank
Armament: 135mm rail gun,and a 15mm Gauss machine gun and sockets for extra weapons
Ammunition:3 round Auto-loaded revolver magazines (16 APFSDS-T magazines, 12 HEAT-T magazines,5 canister shells and 5 Nuclear-tipped shell magazines)

Seams a lil' under cost for that type of system, everything else checks out pretty fine.
Please refer to me as The Kyoto Trade Union at all times in IC
All that is required for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.
Lenehen wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Getting 90% of his military killed during an unnecessary, botched invasion of Russia?

Exactly! He killed a lot of frenchmen- something any englishman should aspire to!
My name in cat= Aknò:ziˑn rnckxx zeˑx

United Districts of 1
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:58 pm

Moriskov wrote:
United Districts of 1 wrote:

I'm guessing that top armor isn't that thick? If so, then a well placed Howitzer round or anti-tank gun might ruin it's day. Other than that it's pretty good.

indeed, I don't like to make invincible radar trucks though so ya know.
Lenehen wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Getting 90% of his military killed during an unnecessary, botched invasion of Russia?

Exactly! He killed a lot of frenchmen- something any englishman should aspire to!

Bajireyn
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bajireyn » Mon May 09, 2011 6:01 pm

@UD1 and ASE,the price has been changed to be more realistic...
Right behind you...: UDL

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Mon May 09, 2011 6:01 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
(Image)
Mk.45 Dragon Hover-tank

$150k is far too little for any tank at all. 25 times that much would be more accurate.

Maybe his currency has an ultra high exchange rate compared to other countries?
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

United Districts of 1
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:03 pm

Bajireyn wrote:@UD1 and ASE,the price has been changed to be more realistic...

That seems better, I'd be shooting for system survivability at that price.
Lenehen wrote:

Moriskov
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Moriskov » Mon May 09, 2011 6:04 pm

Moriskov wrote:I'm guessing that top armor isn't that thick? If so, then a well placed Howitzer round or anti-tank gun might ruin it's day. Other than that it's pretty good.

indeed, I don't like to make invincible radar trucks though so ya know.

Yea..... I love me artillery. :lol:
"Vengeance is like a ghost. It takes over every man it touches. It's thirst cannot be quenched, until the last man standing has fallen. You may be able to destroy me, but the beast will eventually come for you."
Vladimir Makarov
Osaea wrote:
Alowwvia wrote:And for every ATGM, there's a guy with a pistol that can kill him for much cheaper.

True. But can the guy with a pistol kill the tank? Only if he's Mattias Nilsson.

.............. \_▂▂▂████▄▄▂___
.........[█|||█████WOT PLAYER████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃▂
..__▂▄▅█████████████████████▄▃▂
I████Moriskov [1AR-R] - T-43 ██████████]
I████████████████████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲◤

Pronounced: Mor-skoj

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Mon May 09, 2011 6:05 pm

(Image)
Mk.45 Dragon Hover-tank
Cost: $ 150,000,000 NBSD

Driver-Gunner seems like very, very, unthinkably bad idea. What majiks propel this thing for 1500 kilometers?
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

United Districts of 1
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:06 pm

So what's the deal with FT and Pmter's obsession with mechs.
@Mskov- Yeah but being a radar truck I predict it'll be low on the priority list when your being pounded by my Comanche gunships and Dm-50 MBT
Lenehen wrote:

Moriskov
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Moriskov » Mon May 09, 2011 6:10 pm

United Districts of 1 wrote:So what's the deal with FT and Pmter's obsession with mechs.
@Mskov- Yeah but being a radar truck I predict it'll be low on the priority list when your being pounded by my Comanche gunships and Dm-50 MBT

Not if i have my Triple A swatting at your Comanches and have My T100 ogres countering your tanks :)
"Vengeance is like a ghost. It takes over every man it touches. It's thirst cannot be quenched, until the last man standing has fallen. You may be able to destroy me, but the beast will eventually come for you."
Vladimir Makarov
Osaea wrote:
Alowwvia wrote:And for every ATGM, there's a guy with a pistol that can kill him for much cheaper.

True. But can the guy with a pistol kill the tank? Only if he's Mattias Nilsson.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Mon May 09, 2011 6:11 pm

The Corparation wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:$150k is far too little for any tank at all. 25 times that much would be more accurate.

Maybe his currency has an ultra high exchange rate compared to other countries?

Worth more than 25 times more than a US dollar? Also, it isn't a good idea to have the highest exchange rate possible, for several economic reasons. Someone in one thread made a very good argument that I may dig up.

Moriskov
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Moriskov » Mon May 09, 2011 6:13 pm

The Corparation wrote:Maybe his currency has an ultra high exchange rate compared to other countries?

Worth more than 25 times more than a US dollar? Also, it isn't a good idea to have the highest exchange rate possible, for several economic reasons. Someone in one thread made a very good argument that I may dig up.

1 NBSD = $1.0423 Here is evidence to support your claim. I love that NS calculator
Vladimir Makarov
Osaea wrote:

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Mon May 09, 2011 6:16 pm

Moriskov wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Worth more than 25 times more than a US dollar? Also, it isn't a good idea to have the highest exchange rate possible, for several economic reasons. Someone in one thread made a very good argument that I may dig up.

1 NBSD = $1.0423 Here is evidence to support your claim. I love that NS calculator

Calculators are retarded and simply justify wanking. Most nations shouldn't have a GDP per capita of 45k, 15-20k average would be more realistic.

United Districts of 1
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:17 pm

Moriskov wrote:
United Districts of 1 wrote:So what's the deal with FT and Pmter's obsession with mechs.

Not if i have my Triple A swatting at your Comanches and have My T100 ogres countering your tanks :)

Meh comanches are stealth equipped so missiles would be rather ineffective. Your tanks would be a problem, are you PMT?
Lenehen wrote:

Anastasia Romanova (Ancient)
Attaché

Founded: May 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Anastasia Romanova (Ancient) » Mon May 09, 2011 6:19 pm

OOC: Okay, newfag moment here, could someone enlighten me as to the abbreviations

FT
MT
PMT
Сон с богом, маленькой Анастазией.
Name: Free Lands of Anastasia Romanova
Motto: “Ex vengeance adveho pacis”
Animal: Wyvern
Charter:

Kelwona
Envoy

Founded: May 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelwona » Mon May 09, 2011 6:20 pm

IIRC the commanche had a radar siganture only 20% less than the AH-64.

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Mon May 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Moriskov wrote:Not if i have my Triple A swatting at your Comanches and have My T100 ogres countering your tanks :)

Meh comanches are stealth equipped so missiles would be rather ineffective. Your tanks would be a problem, are you PMT?

IIRC Comanche wasn't terribly stealthy.
>American education
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Moriskov
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Moriskov » Mon May 09, 2011 6:21 pm

Moriskov wrote:Not if i have my Triple A swatting at your Comanches and have My T100 ogres countering your tanks :)

Yep. Also you shouldn't be worried about missiles. Triple A is Anti Air Artillery.... flak basically
Vladimir Makarov
Osaea wrote:

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Mon May 09, 2011 6:21 pm

I thought the reason the Comanche was shaped like that was to fit better into ISO containers for shipment...

edit: That and reduced infrared, which has nothing to protect against radar, which sees the giant fucking whirling thing that keeps you flying. Rotary wing aircraft can never be stealthy. Ever.
Last edited by Galla- on Mon May 09, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Mon May 09, 2011 6:22 pm

Licana wrote:
United Districts of 1 wrote:Meh comanches are stealth equipped so missiles would be rather ineffective. Your tanks would be a problem, are you PMT?

IIRC Comanche wasn't terribly stealthy.

It is a helicopter. What did you expect?

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Mon May 09, 2011 6:24 pm

Licana wrote:IIRC Comanche wasn't terribly stealthy.

Fastar than lynx, moar stelf than raptor.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Mon May 09, 2011 6:25 pm

Licana wrote:IIRC Comanche wasn't terribly stealthy.

An attack helicopter, no less.
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Mon May 09, 2011 6:27 pm

Saurisisia wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:It is a helicopter. What did you expect?

An attack helicopter, no less.

hrrrgggg.

RAH = RECON Attack Helicopter

It's intended role was more like the O/AH-6 than an AH-64.
Last edited by Licana on Mon May 09, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

United Districts of 1
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:28 pm

Licana wrote:
Saurisisia wrote:An attack helicopter, no less.

hrrrgggg.

RAH = RECON Attack Helicopter

It's intended role was more like the O/AH-6

Indeed, Blackfoot is what I actually prefer but comanche seems just a little bit more practical.
Lenehen wrote:

Bellganamos
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bellganamos » Mon May 09, 2011 6:29 pm

IIRC, Comanche and Apache were supposed to work together. The Comanche would laze targets and Apache would go after 'em.
00:34 Minn: I suddenly fear Bell now.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information