NATION

PASSWORD

Spiritual Advisor Advice

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Sith Korriban
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Spiritual Advisor Advice

Postby Sith Korriban » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:10 pm

It's time for the government to hire a new religious advisor. Your people have narrowed down the candidates to:

The Debate
Catholic Archbishop Naki Li: boasts an excellent track record, having rapidly increased church attendances in his constituencies through the "Reaching God Through Guilt" program. Seen as a solid choice.

New Age thinker Bill Steele: a left-field candidate with some radical ideas. "For me, it's not about the name of your religion. It's about discovering your spirituality in whatever guise that takes. Some people call that a cult: I call it taking spirituality to the people."

Finally, there's Larry Gutenberg. "If I am awarded the appointment, I will immediately resign," the ex-schoolteacher has declared. "Because, frankly, God is a big load of hokey. I'll be doing everyone a favor by just shutting up about it."

I'm trying to steer my nation toward the theocratic dictatorship it ought to be, but... not a Catholic one. From what I've seen, bigger nations get to pick their own official religion, but what do I do in the meantime?
~Dark Lady of the Sith
"Sometimes you have to walk in darkness to bring the truth to light"
"So be angry about that! Hate! Rage! Despair! Allow yourself, just once, to stop playing the game of Jedi Knight, and admit what you have always known: you are alone, and you are great, and when the world strikes you it is better to strike back than turn your cheek." ―Dooku, to Yoda

Surote
Ambassador

Founded: May 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Spiritual Advisor Advice

Postby Surote » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:12 pm

Pick the atheist teacher trust me it's alot better

Sith Korriban
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sith Korriban » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:34 pm

Better in the general sense, or better in the sense of the nation I'm aiming for. I want a monoreligious, possibly even fanatical nation. I just don't want it to be a real-world religion.

Since I am patterning it after a fandom Empire, a magocratic/theocratic dictatorship...
~Dark Lady of the Sith
"Sometimes you have to walk in darkness to bring the truth to light"
"So be angry about that! Hate! Rage! Despair! Allow yourself, just once, to stop playing the game of Jedi Knight, and admit what you have always known: you are alone, and you are great, and when the world strikes you it is better to strike back than turn your cheek." ―Dooku, to Yoda

Surote
Ambassador

Founded: May 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Surote » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:38 pm

Then if you want a religious society pick the new age guru

Cynthia McKinney
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 11, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Cynthia McKinney » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:41 pm

Picking the atheist teacher is better in the general sense.

If you want a religious psycho running everything wait until you get the issue question of faith and pick the leader of the Order Of Violet and he'll establish a new Dark Age and he'll have everyone executed who doesn't join the Order Of Violet.

New Olwe
Minister

Founded: Aug 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:43 am

If your nation's religion isn't included as an option, just dismiss it. That's what I do, since there's no option to appoint a Druid or Wiccan Priestess.
Magic-using nation here! I don't RP in MT.
I seem to have forgotten to post the part where my ambassador informs New Olwe's representative that we will help. I'll do that later, I hope. - Fortareata
Start an Embassy in New Olwe!

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:56 am

If you really want a 'religious' state then pick option #1, even though it does name the "wrong" faith: The 'effect' line that "the government is seen to favor catholics" will be displaced shortly enough, just as soon as you've answered a few more issues too, but it will "permanently" increase your people's overall rating for piety -- rather than just a hypothetical 'Roman Catholic piety' stat -- anyway...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Niicha
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Niicha » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:22 pm

New Olwe wrote:If your nation's religion isn't included as an option, just dismiss it. That's what I do, since there's no option to appoint a Druid or Wiccan Priestess.

One could argue that the new age guru could be interpreted as aforementioned Druid or Wiccan Priestess. Just use your ima-a-a-a-agination.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?