NATION

PASSWORD

Obama a bad choice?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Pirate Girl
Envoy

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Obama a bad choice?

Postby Pirate Girl » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:10 pm

THIS IS DELETED BECAUSE Obama may be relected for finding a terrible man

NO FLAMING!!!!!

Pirate girl
Last edited by Pirate Girl on Mon May 02, 2011 1:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Free Soviets
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Soviets » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:11 pm

Pirate Girl wrote:As the start of a so called "Change" for the U.S..Nothing has happened,what i saw yesterday said that more people are relying on the goverment for services.51% of goverment funds go to unemployment,welfare,and other stuff.What are your thoughts obama a bad idea or no?

hahaha

Sdaeriji
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sdaeriji » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:12 pm

My thoughts are that there are at least two lies in your nation name.
Farnhamia wrote:What part of the four-letter word "Rules" are you having trouble with?
Farnhamia wrote:four-letter word "Rules"

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:12 pm

... I'm still not sure just what people expected. I mean, did you honestly think the president can wave a magic wand and change what he likes in the government?

As for the services, we've kinda had this small economic problem you might have heard about, sort of causes people to fall back on the safety nets more...
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Xanicea
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanicea » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:15 pm

NERVUN wrote:... I'm still not sure just what people expected. I mean, did you honestly think the president can wave a magic wand and change what he likes in the government?

As for the services, we've kinda had this small economic problem you might have heard about, sort of causes people to fall back on the safety nets more...

Obama will always be remembered as bad not because he was ineffective but because he was placed in a bad situation. How do you get out of a monumental debt such as ours without making a few enemies? The answer is that you can't and you don't.
Sibirsky wrote:
Pirate Girl wrote:51% of goverment funds go to unemployment,welfare,and other stuff.

100% of government spending goes to "stuff government spends money on."

I know. I am just as shocked as you are.

Pirate Girl
Envoy

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pirate Girl » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:15 pm

NERVUN wrote:... I'm still not sure just what people expected. I mean, did you honestly think the president can wave a magic wand and change what he likes in the government?

I agree

Ublakeistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ublakeistan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:16 pm

Worst President fucking ever

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:16 pm

He's certainly not the worst, and far better than the McCain alternative.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Sdaeriji
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sdaeriji » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:16 pm

Ublakeistan wrote:Worst President fucking ever

Well, that's a lie.
Farnhamia wrote:What part of the four-letter word "Rules" are you having trouble with?
Farnhamia wrote:four-letter word "Rules"

Ronald and Pennywise
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ronald and Pennywise » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:17 pm

Apparently a lot of people thought that...those people voted for obama. :palm: And of course not much happened (besides the debt) because the president can't do whatever the hell he wants (thank god cuz we'd all be screwed if obama could do whatever he wanted)

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:17 pm

I wouldn't be expecting that of him if he hadn't promised to do the next best thing to magic in his campaign. He promised the moon, and we got a pile of shit SHAPED like the moon. Now, at the time, I was not able to vote, but I will be when the next election rolls around, and mark my words, I'll vote for the only guy who's ever actually made magic that I've seen. That's right, my very first vote ever goes to Mickey Mouse. Who's with me?
Ostroeuropa wrote:Two shirtless men on a pushback with handlebar moustaches and a kettle conquered India, at 17:04 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. They rolled the bike up the hill and demanded that the natives set about acquiring bureaucratic records.

Des-Bal wrote:Modern politics is a series of assholes and liars trying to be more angry than each other until someone lets a racist epithet slip and they all scatter like roaches.

NSLV wrote:Introducing the new political text from acclaimed author/yak, NEO ARCAD, an exploration of nuclear power in the Middle East and Asia, "Nuclear Penis: He Won't Call You Again".

This is the best region ever. You know you want it.

TerraPublica
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby TerraPublica » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:17 pm

Way less left wing then promised; still far better than McCain.

Kuchinich should have gotten the nomination.
"If you go to the city of Washington... almost all of them claim that they have risen from the ranks to places of eminence and distinction. I am very glad I cannot make that claim for myself. I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks, and not from them..."
—Eugene V. Debs, 1918

Proud Marxist

Avenio wrote:Clearly the only legitimate way to represent political positions is as coordinates on the surface of a Klein bottle.

The Rich Port wrote:It just reminds me about how much I wanted to bone Kim Possible when I was 3-5 years younger.

Xanicea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Xanicea » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:17 pm

I believe the president you're looking for is George H. W. Bush.
Sibirsky wrote:
Pirate Girl wrote:51% of goverment funds go to unemployment,welfare,and other stuff.

Free Soviets
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Soviets » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:18 pm

Xanicea wrote:Obama will always be remembered as bad

this seems unlikely

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:18 pm

Ronald and Pennywise wrote:Apparently a lot of people thought that...those people voted for obama. :palm: And of course not much happened (besides the debt) because the president can't do whatever the hell he wants (thank god cuz we'd all be screwed if obama could do whatever he wanted)

That goes for every other presidents...
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Ublakeistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ublakeistan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:18 pm

Xanicea wrote:

No, because at least Bush was funny

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:19 pm

Norstal wrote:
Ronald and Pennywise wrote:Apparently a lot of people thought that...those people voted for obama. :palm: And of course not much happened (besides the debt) because the president can't do whatever the hell he wants (thank god cuz we'd all be screwed if obama could do whatever he wanted)

That goes for every other presidents...

I believe Andrew Jackson actually did do whatever he pleased...

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:19 pm

Ublakeistan wrote:
Xanicea wrote:

...Because funniness redeems stupidity.

@}-;-'---

Ronald and Pennywise
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ronald and Pennywise » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:19 pm

Xanicea wrote:

Obama will always be remembered as bad not because he was ineffective but because he was placed in a bad situation. How do you get out of a monumental debt such as ours without making a few enemies? The answer is that you can't and you don't.

just so you know obama hasn't really done much to get us out of the fucking debt. Kinda made it a lot worse...
Last edited by Ronald and Pennywise on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:19 pm

Neo Arcad wrote:

I wouldn't be expecting that of him if he hadn't promised to do the next best thing to magic in his campaign. He promised the moon, and we got a pile of shit SHAPED like the moon. Now, at the time, I was not able to vote, but I will be when the next election rolls around, and mark my words, I'll vote for the only guy who's ever actually made magic that I've seen. That's right, my very first vote ever goes to Mickey Mouse. Who's with me?

See, that's the thing, he didn't. So far he's kept to a good majority of his promises.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

The lepearchauns
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The lepearchauns » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:19 pm

Better of 2 evils in my opinion...and Ill vote for him again. I havnt seen a single republican candidate that doesnt make me lose faith in humanity
Lep

Former CoDF/ Vice Chancellor, FRA
Former Delegate, South Pacific
Former being of awesomeness, everywhere

Kogvuron, the answer to how long you owned my signature from the IPO auction is apparently 9 months

Xanicea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Xanicea » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:20 pm

Ublakeistan wrote:
Xanicea wrote:

I can't tell if you're being serious or if you're just being fucking retarded.

Either way, you're an idiot.

Also, to all you McCain supporters, do you really want another Bush in power? I mean, come on, really?
Sibirsky wrote:

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:20 pm

Xanicea wrote:

How, pray tell, is Obama better than Bush? Face it, this partisanship is just a clever way the government has devised to rape the US politically and economically with us simply sitting there like it's all ok.
Ostroeuropa wrote:Two shirtless men on a pushback with handlebar moustaches and a kettle conquered India, at 17:04 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. They rolled the bike up the hill and demanded that the natives set about acquiring bureaucratic records.

Des-Bal wrote:Modern politics is a series of assholes and liars trying to be more angry than each other until someone lets a racist epithet slip and they all scatter like roaches.

NSLV wrote:Introducing the new political text from acclaimed author/yak, NEO ARCAD, an exploration of nuclear power in the Middle East and Asia, "Nuclear Penis: He Won't Call You Again".

This is the best region ever. You know you want it.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:20 pm

Ronald and Pennywise wrote:
Xanicea wrote:

just so you know obama hasn't really done much to get us out of the fucking debt.

Please, feel free to step up to plate and do a better job.

Considering the resistance from the two parties, its rather hard to get anything done nowadays.

@}-;-'---

Free Irish Lands
Envoy

Founded: Apr 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Irish Lands » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:21 pm

He is doing the best he can with the resources given to him.
My Military Info viewtopic.php?f=23&t=110915&p=5556916#p5556916
Are you recognized as a terrorist? Find out here viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=155381

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General