NATION

PASSWORD

The World Assembly Strangers' Bar

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Golden Simatar
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 19, 2003
Ex-Nation

Re: The World Assembly Strangers' Bar

Postby The Golden Simatar » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:05 am

Samantha nodded. Her face turned serious and her tone changed drastically from the hyperness that had occurred earlier. "Yes, the big problems started some years ago when a large clan of vampires from Assington attacked our capital Clarence. We beat them off after two nights of fighting and in a few months we had chased them up into the Barishu mountains and destroyed them. You might say that's when our vampire population began, up till then we had...one confirmed vampire, only because he was captured by the government and then he escaped, apparently leaving the country.

"The Vampire Investigative Bureau, the VIB, covers all things non-human. Their estimates are roughly a hundred thousand vampires in the country, all unregistered of course. So far, only nine vampires have registered with the government. No idea how many werecreatures, as weres can move around like humans, no guess can even be given. We've gotten a lot of shit from our region neighbors on how we handle our situation. Call us Nazis and genocidal maniacs. Slightly accurate in some aspects.

"The VIB aggressively goes after any hostile vampire groups and that's logical and gets support. They give the vamps a chance to surrender before storming their hideaway, most of the time, well, ninety-nine percent of the time the answer is no. So when the VIB's SWAT unit called the AEB storms in, vamps put up a fight and well...gotta protect yourself right?"

Samantha looked down at the bottom of her glass , there was minute puddle of gin & tonic at the bottom, she gulped it. "Well, fights are pretty much single sided, but recently the VIB has been finding homemade bombs, bomb material and such in the vampire hideouts, so it seems quite a number of them are planning for terrorism.

"Before he got booted President Yellen, signed an Executive Order that would give any vampire or werecreature complete immunity from prosecution if they registered and from the speech that President Dayan gave today, he is looking to give federal aide to any newly registered vampires and werecreatures so they can start to rebuild their lives. Course Dayan also said any non-human wishing to cause anarchy will be hunted down and destroyed. Probably will be awhile before it goes through, some are still nervous about it. You know the deal, humans are afraid of what they don't think is human.

"I can say I support the federal aid and registration, I have a personal investment in it..." Samantha looked at Nigel, black tendrils side from the corners of her eyes and turned them to pure black orbs for a second then they returned to their natural green. Her next sentence was barely above a whisper "Woof woof."

Samantha flashed a grin. "But, yeah that's what's going down back home."

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:21 am

Nigel, who in his last two years of duty here in the WA was had occasion to talk to everything from chatty disembodied heads, to venerable bears, to ill tempered Velocraptors, to well Antonius, was unfazed by the admonition of the Intern from The Golden Simitar.

"So stories of genocide are far from conjecture then? Registering non-human life forms can certainly have some parallels to the Nazi extremists of ancient times. The talk has actually just recently reached these hallowed halls I will admit. In fact there was discussion of a condemnation, as futile a gesture as that would be." Nigel pointed her towards an empty booth in the corner of the bar. "If you are inclined, shall I refresh your gin and tonic and we can talk of such matters? "
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

The Golden Simatar
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Golden Simatar » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:16 am

Samantha nodded understandably. "Well the government simply wants to have an accurate count of how many vampires, how many werewolves, weretigers and so on and so forth for census and all that. I don't think it's Nazisih in anyway. Though I understand where they're coming from, our laws are very explicit on how you have to go through and procure one. For genocide, I think I'd be lying to say that there have been a lot of instances were the VIB simply wipes out an entire nest, even if one or two try to surrender. Before storming, they are given a chance to surrender, but most of the time they don't. President Dayan has sworn to change all that and from what I've heard the VIB has overhauled it's operations and will be implementing more non-lethal weaponry."

Samantha's eyebrows arched slightly as Nigel mentioned the talk that had entered the WA's halls. Her eyes flicked behind the man and scanned the room like a predator hunting for prey, focusing briefly on the cat-woman several meters behind. Smiling, she turned back to the human.

"This talk by chance wouldn't have originated from a cat-woman?"

Philimbesi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:42 am

The Golden Simatar wrote:"This talk by chance wouldn't have originated from a cat-woman?"

Nigel knew exactly where the wolf in human clothing was going, he knew it as much as he knew that their accidental encounter was far from an accident. He wasn't about to start a fight between non-humans, even in an environment where weapons were magically rendered useless. "A cat woman? No... honestly can't remember where it came from, one does here so many different stories around here, sometimes you may just... bump into a story or two." Nigel said in a matter of fact tone, though the last part was punctuated with a sharp glance. "Still all of this is regarded as rumor and conjecture, lots of talking behind hands and whisper down the lane, after all we are all politicians around here, a large degree of anything we say is utter crap. "

They had reached the table and sat at opposite ends.

"On the matter of this registry, I guess you are right, simply wanting the information on where non-humans live is harmless, of course it all depends on how that information is being used after it's obtained. That an the manor in which it is obtained. As a member of a WA delegation I'm sure you are aware of the laws we have standing governing much of this. That genocide and a voliating the civil rights of any class of citizen is of course illegal." Nigel flagged down a waitress, "A Lagavulin and a Gin and Tonic, and if you can see fit to make sure the top of the Gin and Tonic glass is sealed it certainly would be appreciated." He said smiling.

Ideological Bulwark #235

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:48 pm

Qumkent wrote:"Ah Dr Castro, you look hale and hearty. Indeed none of you is yet free to breath easy, Urgench's awful spectre still haunts these halls,if filtered through the prism of my service to the Prince of Qumkent. " Mongkha laughs, he ignores the antipathy between the two other Ambassadors.

"What think we of the prospects for the repeal of the Science in Schools statute ? Do you think it will be successful Dr Castro ? Antonius ? "

"It is true that the old Chancellor was a bit elated when the news broke that Urgench was leaving the Assembly..." he said, trailing off when his water arrived. It was cloudy and has bits of seed in it. Holding it up, he inspected it and sighed, "Never trust water from a bar."

After taking a sip and gagging a bit from the over-lemoned water, he answered Ambassador Mongkha's question. "I agree with Antonious. Well, I hope so, at least. It would be embarrassing if it didn't."

Then, he answered Antonious' question. "The replacement is already written and ready for submission, if I remember to submit within six or seven weeks." He was referring to the backlog of commendations and condemnations that the Assembly was forced to vote on.

He was silent for a bit, then said, "It's a terrible thing that the Quodites have resigned. At least they could have left Samantha."

Qumkent
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Qumkent » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:26 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:
Qumkent wrote:"Ah Dr Castro, you look hale and hearty. Indeed none of you is yet free to breath easy, Urgench's awful spectre still haunts these halls,if filtered through the prism of my service to the Prince of Qumkent. " Mongkha laughs, he ignores the antipathy between the two other Ambassadors.

"What think we of the prospects for the repeal of the Science in Schools statute ? Do you think it will be successful Dr Castro ? Antonius ? "

"It is true that the old Chancellor was a bit elated when the news broke that Urgench was leaving the Assembly..." he said, trailing off when his water arrived. It was cloudy and has bits of seed in it. Holding it up, he inspected it and sighed, "Never trust water from a bar."

After taking a sip and gagging a bit from the over-lemoned water, he answered Ambassador Mongkha's question. "I agree with Antonious. Well, I hope so, at least. It would be embarrassing if it didn't."

Then, he answered Antonious' question. "The replacement is already written and ready for submission, if I remember to submit within six or seven weeks." He was referring to the backlog of commendations and condemnations that the Assembly was forced to vote on.

He was silent for a bit, then said, "It's a terrible thing that the Quodites have resigned. At least they could have left Samantha."

Mongkha laughed good naturedly at the news of the Chancellor's celebrations. " Indeed it is a shame that the some of the greatest nations of this organisation have been made so uncomfortable with its direction. We do not always get on perfectly with the Kennyites but we will miss them a good deal. Our neighbours the Aundotutunagirians have resigned too you know, so there are always silver linings I suppose. I imagine I shall be here a good deal less than before so Glen Rhodes will have some of its wish come true at least, Urgench has other concerns now and the Principality of Qumkent is about the size of a small town and will have little enough to do with this organisation. "
Last edited by Qumkent on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mongkha, Khan of Kashgar, Ambassador to the World Assembly for the Autonomous Principality of Qumkent, a constituent state of the Confederated Sublime Khanate of Urgench

Learn more about the CSKU here - http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=Urgench

Tzorsland
Diplomat

Founded: May 08, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tzorsland » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:17 pm

Fearless Leader sat in the bar stool, apparently extremely disgruntled. “I can’t believe he called me a rapist,” he said to Neville.

“Who called you a rapist,” Neville replied. “You’re not a rapist by any chance are you; Not that it mattes of course.”

“No I’m not a,” Fearless blurted out then composed himself. “A gentleman from New Cadmen, from the Region of New York, an allegiance I had before our nation moved to the Hethrum Community. You know I think I’ll have another Chivas Regal.”

“Perhaps you shouldn’t drink in anger.”

“I’m not angry,” Fearless replied. “I was angry but now I’m plotting.” Fearless pulled out a cell phone and dialed a number. “Natasha,” he spoke into the phone. “Bring me the TPC roster.”

Neville handed him the glass. “I can’t help but overhear,” he replied. “What’s a TPC?”

“The Tzorsland Puppet Confederacy,” Fearless replied. “They are a number of nations that owe loyalty to the nation of Tzorsland.”

A lady dressed in black, with black hair entered the pub and handed Fearless a folder before giving a quick nod and exiting the pub.

“Great lady,” Fearless replied. “Has difficulty with Canadian animals but that is another story.” He began to flip through the pages.

“Werepenguins, I wonder if they would be appropriate in New York. I don’t think so; they probably would not want to leave the Antarctic anyway.”

“Perhaps Blue Booted Bobbies? On second thought I don’t think a nation obsessed with Queen Victoria’s Name would be welcome in New York.”

“I’ve got it!” Fearless pulled out one of the papers with a photograph of a Franciscan Monk. “Frustrated Franciscans are perfect for New York.”

Fearless started drinking his Chivas Regal while “Mission Impossible” music started playing from the jukebox.

"A spindizzy going sour makes the galaxy's most unnerving noise!"
"Cruise lightspeed smooth and slient with this years sleek NEW Dillon-Wagoner gravitron polarity generator."
AKA Retired WerePenguins Frustrated Franciscans Blue Booted Bobbies A Running Man Dirty Americans

Cats Keep
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 27, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Cats Keep » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:36 pm

Khatt listened in unopbrusively, being just an inch over four foot made that easy -plus he had exceptional hearing. His smile was sour as he wondered just who the TGS had in custody to make the werebitch sing such a liars song.

"Yeah just register." He shook his head as he watched the plant Except if you approach one of the registry stations, located in VIB headquarters you are either killed outrigt - "and oops of course its an accidental discharge of a lethal silver filled round, or you are wrapped up in silver chains never to be seen again. So of course there aren't any registering." He shrugged. The proof he had handed over wasn't the only evidence available. And there was plenty more if any one was truly interesdted. But he seriously doubted that any one really cared.
"Ecotourists will be shot. Enviromentalists will be fed to the wildlife."

Self-reliant, each loner swims alone through the social world—a world of teams, troops & groups—which scorns & misunderstands those who stand apart. Loners know better than anyone how to entertain themselves—and how to contemplate and to create. They have a knack for imagination, concentration, inner discipline, & invention—a talent for not being bored." That's me!

The Golden Simatar
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Golden Simatar » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:40 pm

Samantha smiled as Nigel ordered drinks for them. "I'm not a puppy, you can trust me."

She cast her eyes out at the cat-man again and curled her lips in a canine like snarl briefly before turning back to the human. She reached into her purse and removed her wallet. The werewolf fished out a black card with gold and red lettering and showed it to Nigel. At first glance it seemed to be a normal driver's license. On it was a mugshot of her, her name, address, date of birth, date of turning and under species 'Lycanthrope'.

"Here's my ID card. Course vampires have one that says vampire, siring date, and all that. Right now law is that when you register, you also place down who turned you for obvious reasons. Simple little thing that if I get involved in some kind of a fight or something, I show that to the police or VIB officer and they check me down. I dunno if it will be changed, but for vampires they have to provide a dental casting, the theory being if a vampire victim is found, an impression of the fang marks can be made and run through a computer and eliminate those it doesn't match. The same kinda logic as some nations having nationwide fingerprint database."

Samantha turned her attention to the cat person. "Actually that has never happened, shooting a vampire on site the moment they walk into VIB HQ. Though about a week ago a bunch of vampires did attack VIB headquarters and other police stations, left about thirty dead."
Last edited by The Golden Simatar on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Philimbesi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:41 am

"Lady and Gentleman if this discussion is going to spiral into literally a dog and cat pissing contest, I will take my Scotch and head else where for my entertainment. I assure you I have no pressing reason to get involved on either of your parts. "

Nigel turn to the woman, "Now since our feline friend has seen fit to expose me, I feel the need to reciprocate. It doesn't take a long time counter espionage agent to realize that our gin and tonic filled introduction was hardly happenstance. As I was in my years of actually work for my nation actually a counter espionage agent, so shall we dispense with the frivolities and get to the point... " Nigel leaned into the table, "Who sent you and why?"

Ideological Bulwark #235

The Golden Simatar
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Golden Simatar » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:37 pm

"I have no interest in getting to a cat or dog fight, just getting the facts straight."

Samantha looked over at Nigel as he pressed her to learn who she worked for. She sipped her gin and tonic gently and tapped the sides, thinking about how to approach this. She knew that chances were slim that she would be able to get away with something like this...she had said before she arrived she should have been given an Assington or Tarlachian ID. Samantha stared at him.

"Well, to see where the leaked information ended up. It's not important stuff mind you, gun camera footage and some after action reports, nothing that isn't available with the proper clearance and paperwork. An unauthorized download of footage and documents was discovered and the suits wanted to see where it all ended up. I dunno how exactly they tracked it here, not my thing, but they figured a lycan might be the best person to find where it ended up. I was here getting a drink to take with me back to my room when I overhead you and Mr. Cat-man talking. Turned around at the exit, rest is the present."

Samantha sipped her drink again. "Once again, you can look at it, its nothing overly important, but I'm guessing the fear is that this is a trial run for something bigger. If the VIB could be penetrated, then our Defense Department and such. The spilling of the gin and tonic was my idea, sorry about that, I got overly excited and overthought it...thought there might also be military plans. I can pay for the suit. But, simply finding out where the information ended up and whose hands it was delivered in, that's all there was to it."

Meekinos
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Meekinos » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:22 pm

Murray the Evil Skull wrote:"MYUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! You'll see, Mortal! The Cute One will not be Mocked! Just ask Neville.", Murray answered.

"By the way, Mortal! I like your moxie! Have a free pass to Murrayland(TM)!"

Taking the ticket, she smirked, remarking candidly, "If there's one way to make a tidy profit, it's to sell tacky overpriced merchandise to easily impressed impulse buyers."
Ambassador Gavriil Floros
Meekinos' Official WA Ambassador
Deputy Treasurer, North Pleides Merchant's Syndicate
CEO & Financial Manager of Delta Energy Ltd.
Madame Elina Nikodemos
Executive Senior Delegate
Educator
The Hellenic Republic of Meekinos
Factbook: Your Friendly Guide to Meekinos
The paranoid, isolationist, xenophobic capitalists.

Tzorsland
Diplomat

Founded: May 08, 2004

Postby Tzorsland » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:32 pm

Natasha and Boris enter the bar. Boris stops at the door and whispers, "You tell him. You know how he gets when he is angry."

Natasha makes a side comment about men and walks up to Fearless. She whispers something to his ear. To her (and Boris') dismay a smile appears on Fearless' face.

"This is great news! I'm freed from all this boring work! I want to shout it out to everyone! Oh wait, if they don't know they may think my bar tab is still good."

"Too late," Natasha replied. "I've already changed the Sig."
"A spindizzy going sour makes the galaxy's most unnerving noise!"
"Cruise lightspeed smooth and slient with this years sleek NEW Dillon-Wagoner gravitron polarity generator."
AKA Retired WerePenguins Frustrated Franciscans Blue Booted Bobbies A Running Man Dirty Americans

Murray the Evil Skull
Envoy

Founded: Mar 17, 2006

Postby Murray the Evil Skull » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:30 am

Meekinos wrote:
Murray the Evil Skull wrote:"MYUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! You'll see, Mortal! The Cute One will not be Mocked! Just ask Neville.", Murray answered.

Taking the ticket, she smirked, remarking candidly, "If there's one way to make a tidy profit, it's to sell tacky overpriced merchandise to easily impressed impulse buyers."

Murray smiled, or maybe not. Its kinda hard to tell with a skull.
"I've already have that one covered, Mortal. The gift shop of Murrayland(TM), is filled with tacky soveiners. I've already seen a threefold return on the initial investment. Murray the Evil Skull snowglobes are particulary popular." , he chuckled.
Last edited by Murray the Evil Skull on Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Murray the Evil Skull for WA Leader!
In your heart, you know He's right!

Warning: the player posts in Character, and will respond in Character.

Brutland and Norden
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 12, 2006
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Brutland and Norden » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:52 pm

Cookesland wrote:Richard paused as the news he had feared was confirmed. What would become of them now? His thoughts were swirling around. He looked at Carol, she was looking down towards the floor of the bar. The clamour and noise of the bar all seemed to merge into a silence. He lifted up her face, looked her in the eye for a moment, and kissed her.

Carol did not try to resist. All the love, all the longing, and all the want surged up inside her, and there was nothing to impede it. She reciprocated the passion and intensity of the kiss, oblivious to everything and everyone in the Bar. She savored every moment of it, knowing that it might be their last.

She never knew how long was she there with Richard. And she never realized that her boss had been sitting on the couch, looking and smiling at them intently, while her children suckled on her breasts.
the United Kingdom of Brutland and Norden
la Rinnosso Unnona di Norden e Marchòbrutellia
the Nation --- Wiki --- Factbook --- the North Pacific --- News
Embassies -- Do Business With Us! --- Come Visit Us!
Companies: Medici Health Care Conglomerate
Join our Visa Waiver Program!
---
What's with your big tummy, Miss Prime Minister?
Economic Left/Right: -2.25 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.26
Moral Order: -2.5 Moral Rules: -1
-----
Csak Isten ítélhet meg engem.

Cats Keep
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 27, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Cats Keep » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:59 pm

"I'm not here to play pissing games" Khatt denied solemnly as he looked at Samantha and just shook his head " Boy you really got played. In that pile is untouched, undoctored footage of official units conducting genocide, simply shooting vampires as they made no aggressive actions, raised their hand and tried to surrender. Public speeches of your new president openly admitting what was happening - he may be looking to clean The Golden Simatar's act up now, but that does not make the fact that oh lets see if I remember it correctly...

And his voice changed, into perfect inflection and tone of some one far different, some on human

“Genocide, noun; the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group. After the end of the Demonic War, our nation hit a spiral we have yet to come out of. Before that time, the operations against hostile non-humans were carried out in an orderly, lawful manner by law enforcement agencies of this country. After the end and until a few days ago, an einsatzkommando style approach has been taken, resulting in the murder of thousands of persons. Ladies and Gentlemen, the state of our Republic is poor. While our economy is repairing itself and we are fixing the damage done by Imitora’s destruction; we find ourselves isolated from potential new allies and we find our lines with our oldest allies being severed every day. To remain strong, we must repair the bridges that we have burned, to repair the bridges we have burned, we must face the fact that our government has sanctioned genocide and imprisonment without trial."

Khatt paused for a second his eyes locked on Samantha, as he once again began replaying the introductory speech by the new Simatar president.

"In the past eight years, roughly eleven thousand vampires have been killed. Compared to only eighty-nine vampires captured. Of those eighty-nine, all languish in cells deep within the mountains, no trial; no charges have ever been brought against them. Each of them, a Simatarian citizen. To date, nine citizens have registered as being vampires."

Khatt ended but said "there's more to his speech, and to his honor he does seem to mean what he says, but that does not mean you Haven't been doing it! You can try and cand coat it with all the lies you have been telling yourselves, but it is still shit and it still stinks."

Meekinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Meekinos » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:46 am

Murray the Evil Skull wrote:
Meekinos wrote:

Murray smiled, or maybe not. Its kinda hard to tell with a skull.
"I've already have that one covered, Mortal. The gift shop of Murrayland(TM), is filled with tacky soveiners. I've already seen a threefold return on the initial investment. Murray the Evil Skull snowglobes are particulary popular." , he chuckled.

Her eyes twinkled mischievously at the thought of easy profit. She casually fanned herself with the ticket. "So, threefold you say?" She grinned gleefully. "If you think you've got the market for tacky merchandise, you've never seen the average Meekinosian tourist trap. Legend has it, a tourist goes in a millionaire and leaves a beggar none the wiser."
Madame Elina Nikodemos
Educator

Murray the Evil Skull
Envoy

Postby Murray the Evil Skull » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:50 am

Meekinos wrote:Her eyes twinkled mischievously at the thought of easy profit. She casually fanned herself with the ticket. "So, threefold you say?" She grinned gleefully. "If you think you've got the market for tacky merchandise, you've never seen the average Meekinosian tourist trap. Legend has it, a tourist goes in a millionaire and leaves a beggar none the wiser."

"That sounds very interesting, Mortal. I think I'll have to send a couple of my marketing minions over to your fair nation. I'm always interested in finding better and more efficient ways to seperate the unwary from their money. Boatloads of maurading Scandinavian Berzerkers don't come cheap." , Murray replied with excitement.
He paused a minute before continuing,
"I'll instruct my minions to bring plenty of cash, of course. Is there any tourist destination, in particular, you could recomend?"

Meekinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Meekinos » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:25 am

Murray the Evil Skull wrote:
Meekinos wrote:Her eyes twinkled mischievously at the thought of easy profit. She casually fanned herself with the ticket. "So, threefold you say?" She grinned gleefully. "If you think you've got the market for tacky merchandise, you've never seen the average Meekinosian tourist trap. Legend has it, a tourist goes in a millionaire and leaves a beggar none the wiser."

"That sounds very interesting, Mortal. I think I'll have to send a couple of my marketing minions over to your fair nation. I'm always interested in finding better and more efficient ways to seperate the unwary from their money. Boatloads of maurading Scandinavian Berzerkers don't come cheap." , Murray replied with excitement.
He paused a minute before continuing,
"I'll instruct my minions to bring plenty of cash, of course. Is there any tourist destination, in particular, you could recomend?"

Alexia sipped slowly from her shot glass, contemplating the various options.

"Portia, the capital of Meekinos is always a popular place to start. Most tourists start off by visiting the ethnic centre of the city. This is where people find all the charming, quaint aspects of the culture, which we brought from our ancestral lands on a planet called 'earth' many centuries prior. Everything appears to be low in cost, so people are willing to spent more and aren't as likely to notice a few Kronos here and there. It adds up quickly when they get smaller bills. From there, they are directed to visit the many open-air markets run by cultural merchants. They specialise in traditional market place practices, and allow the tourists to barter. We let them think they're getting a good bargain but they aren't..."

She paused and threw back the rest of the shot. She then held up the empty glass. "Of course, free Ouzo helps immensely. When drunk, tourists spend like there's no tomorrow. Most are too drunk to tell the difference. After all, who's going to pass up free Ouzo?" She winked. "Mass produced of course; not the finer product. The finer is available in the local markets, but tourists never make it out of their special areas. We make a point in being overly gracious hosts and creating a party that never ends until they're ready to leave."
Madame Elina Nikodemos
Educator

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:21 pm

With the commotion being caused from the construction in the WAHQ, the ceiling was raining drywall and dust in the drinking cups of the customers and the questionable looking bowl of beer nuts.

Kuno was nursing his headache with a glass of a strong gin whilst the cacophonous sounds of an electric saw cutting wood filled the hallow halls of the WA.

It was alright until a large chuck of drywall fell from the ceiling and landed smack dab into Kuno's drink. Splashing booze in his face, and all over his clothes. Kuno grumbled at the piece of the building flouting in his drink,

"Blasted Construction..." he grumbled,

The construction had been a quick, impromptu work project being undertaken by the Management department to develop a meeting place for the newfound "WA Security Council".

In just a single day, the Unibotian ambassador had watched dozens of people walk back and forth down the hallway that were here merely for the construction of the Security Council - architects, construction workers, surrealist art consultants, multi-cultural architecture advisors, security advisors (aka. ex-thieves and retired terrorists) and electricians dragging miles of electrical wire behind them.

The commotion was enough to make Kuno nauseous.

Murray the Evil Skull
Envoy

Postby Murray the Evil Skull » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:34 am

Meekinos wrote: ....but tourists never make it out of their special areas. We make a point in being overly gracious hosts and creating a party that never ends until they're ready to leave."

Murray gave the matter some thought before answering,
"Hmmm.....interesting concept, Mortal. I've been using the heartstopping malice, and unrelenting EVIL approach at Murrayland(TM). I've really never given it any thought, but It might be useful trying something different. Soon I'll be opening a chain of theme resturants called Planet Murray(TM) through the Antarctic oasis. perhaps I'll try marketing a kinder, gentler, family friendly EVIL. MYUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Yes! That should work! Thank you, Mortal. I can already hear the cash registers ringing. MYUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!"

Murray almost evil laughed himself off the bar and into the Shrine of the Manifestation
Last edited by Murray the Evil Skull on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Murray the Evil Skull
Envoy

Postby Murray the Evil Skull » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:48 am

It had been a slow week(or so) in the Stranger's Bar. Unfortunately for the WA, society in general, and the denizens of the Bar, when things go slowly, the Evilest Talking Skull in NS has plenty of time to plot evil schemes and deeds. Actually, it was one of the fringe benefits of being a disembodied Evil Talking Skull. Having no body means that one doesn't have to devote much time to work, and can concentrate on the best ways to spread EVIL and misery. Unfortunately having no body is a great drawback as well, one's capacity for planning evil is seriously curtailed in actually getting to put the plans into action. This conundrum could probally explain Murray's testy personality. Anyway, Murray was sitting on the bar, by the Shrine of the Manifestation, when a wonderfully evil, yet profitable, idea came to him. His eyes glowed a malevolent red, and one could hear him chuckle EVILY. How to carry the deed out was the problem. Fortunately, for Murray, a nameless staffer from the Festering Snakepit happened by, on the way from the Bathroom.

"Hey you! Fleshbag!", Murray said.

"Who me?", asked the funtionary.

"Who the @#$!%^! do you think I'm talking to, Mortal? Get me a large, empty(and clean) Fine Yeldan Pickle Jar(TM), and set it over here by me." ,ordered the evilest talking skull in NS.

"But I...."

Move, Mortal! And be quick about it, or I'll put an EVIL curse on you!"

20 minutes later, a large jar was sitting between Murray and the Shrine of the Manifestation. Murray then started his sales pitch.

"Welcome, mortals to the Shrine of the Manifestation, May the cute on be praised. Starting today we are offering a new service. For the cost of a small donation, placed in the jar, you will receive a blessing from the Cute One. Thats right, mortals, a genuine Blessing from the Cute One. The Cute One's blessings also make a swell gift. So remember this little jingle... As soon as a doanation in the jar rings, a blessing from the Cute One shall spring.
Last edited by Murray the Evil Skull on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Frustrated Franciscans
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 01, 2006

Postby Frustrated Franciscans » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:54 pm

A short bearded man enters the bar wearing brown robes and sandals. “Peace and Good,” he says after the door closes, adding afterwards, “Yea right, like anyone around here cares.”

As he approaches the bar his attention is drawn to the talking skull next to the Shrine of the Manifestation. “Oh great,” he says quietly to himself, “I thought I volunteered to the WA to get away from this shit.” He then takes the stool next to Murray. “Hi there,” he says sheepishly. “My name is Brother Tim the Tiny; I represent the nation of Frustrated Franciscans. So what’s a skull like you doing next to a pagan shrine.” Looking for a bartender he waved for attention, “I’ll have an organic ale,” he called out then suddenly added, “Hell, the boss isn’t watching, give me a Belgium Tripel.”
Proud Member of the Tzorsland Puppet Federation

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:00 am

Ambassador Shepperd comes in, stumbling slightly from the weight of a heavy briefcase. He goes up to the bar, puts down the briefcase, and orders a bottle of vodka. "But sir--", begins the bartender. "I don't care. Give me the damn vodka!" shouts the ambassador. The bartender quickly fetches a bottle of cheap vodka, charging an inordinate sum. The ambassador leaves, taking the vodka with him, but leaving the briefcase, which seems to be vibrating.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Murray the Evil Skull
Envoy

Postby Murray the Evil Skull » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:36 am

Frustrated Franciscans wrote:A short bearded man enters the bar wearing brown robes and sandals. “Peace and Good,” he says after the door closes, adding afterwards, “Yea right, like anyone around here cares.”

As he approaches the bar his attention is drawn to the talking skull next to the Shrine of the Manifestation. “Oh great,” he says quietly to himself, “I thought I volunteered to the WA to get away from this shit.” He then takes the stool next to Murray. “Hi there,” he says sheepishly. “My name is Brother Tim the Tiny; I represent the nation of Frustrated Franciscans. So what’s a skull like you doing next to a pagan shrine.” Looking for a bartender he waved for attention, “I’ll have an organic ale,” he called out then suddenly added, “Hell, the boss isn’t watching, give me a Belgium Tripel.”

"Somebody has to keep up the shrine until the Kawaiians return, and besides it gives me plenty of free time to think up EVIL schemes, Mortal! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!", the Evilest talking skull in NS said to the young Friar.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly