NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Condemn Islam for allah

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Malastre
Secretary

Founded: Feb 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Malastre » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:30 pm

[b]The Security Council

Alarmed at statements made by Islam for allah voicing their support for global Islamic revolution.

Concerned by the continued support of Islamic terrorist groups by Islam for allah.

Acknowledging that the terrorist groups being funded by Islam for allah wish to bring about worldwide Islamic revolution, through any means necessary.

Worried by the continued intolerance shown to other religions by Islam for allah.

Recognizing that the current invasion of islam for allah was brought about by their refusal to negotiate or attend the Peace Accords.

Horrified by the use of biological and chemical weapons, such as Agent Orange, by Islam for allah on the armed forces of Unified German State, The Jade Clan, The Grand World Order, Free Missouri, Yuktova, Al-Harakut al-Islami, and Malastre (hereafter referred to as "the Coalition".

Outraged by Islam for allah's placement of military structures, such as artillery emplacements, within civilian areas, so as to prevent them from being destroyed by coalition forces.

Further shocked by the usage of civilian vehicles loaded with children as transports for their troops.

Acknowledging that these atrocities may have come about as a direct result of the invasion of Islam for allah by Coalition forces.

Motivated by the callous regard that Islam for allah has shown towards the life of it's civilian population.

Hereby condemns Islam for allah

Relevant threads:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=97140
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=102966
Last edited by Malastre on Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
For want of a nail, the horse was lost
For want of a horse, the rider was lost
For want of a rider, the message was lost
For want of a message, the battle was lost
For want of a battle, the kingdom was lost

All that is left is Malastre

Flemingovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 22, 2003
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Flemingovia » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Surely a rule 4 violation throughout. I like it. :)
IMPORTANT: Before reading this post please read the terms and conditions below. By accessing this post you signify your acceptance, full and in part, of those terms and conditions:

http://img808.imageshack.us/i/disclaimer.jpg/

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:13 pm

Could you expand on what exactly you feel violates Rule 4?

Flemingovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Flemingovia » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:18 am

Rule 4e

(e) Contain reference to ideologies without explaining how they apply to NationStates in terms of actions, policies or attributes of nations/regions.

The first few clauses of the resolution seem to break this to me, based on other resolutions concerning RL ideologies I have seen.
IMPORTANT: Before reading this post please read the terms and conditions below. By accessing this post you signify your acceptance, full and in part, of those terms and conditions:

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:46 am

Flemingovia wrote:Rule 4e

(e) Contain reference to ideologies without explaining how they apply to NationStates in terms of actions, policies or attributes of nations/regions.

The first few clauses of the resolution seem to break this to me, based on other resolutions concerning RL ideologies I have seen.

Agreed. That is why the first Condemn NAZI EUROPE was repealed (due to ideologies) and another one written, submitted and passed before the repeal.
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Malastre
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Malastre » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:45 am

Reasoning:

Islam for allah wrote:We have funded the islamic group of terroists that are connected to your group.
We claim as a nation that Al wahib bombed the capital of Yukotovanian and will continue to bomb the nation until they stop oppressing muslims and change their sinful ways.

Islam for allah wrote:"We will build a Mosque in every city and Islam will dominate", "all Infidels you must revert", "Allah Huqeub" is what was being shouted as Islamic protesters were protesting against the Government and shouting for Sharia law. 200 Protesters had gathered and were holding placards with pictures of Islam dominateing and slogans on. The green flag of Islam was being flown as the new flag of Yuktovanian and movement around the protest seemed heated.

Islam for allah wrote:Your nation will pay for not bowing down to allah. We give the leaders of this nation one last chance to revert to Islam or face terror across the country against your citizens of kuffurs like the one in your capital now

Islam for allah wrote:All you evil doers must revert to Islam and follow muhammeds way in following Allah. Your god is a deity that is a false idol decorated as Allah but who is the devil trying to remove the righteousness of Allah and muslims and making muslims convert.

This will be through peaceful resolution where you all come to allah or through holy war where we all take over your nation through attacks on your people and you.

Islam for allah wrote:We will free allour brothers and sisters that have been arrested by your evil forces. This war will never end.

If these aren't good reasons for the first few clauses, then I will either edit and/or strike them from the resolution.
Last edited by Malastre on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andorianus
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Andorianus » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:34 am

Meh, there is a good chance of getting this past. Even though it is not the most noteworthy of a condemnation, I still think this guy should be condemned.
From the people, the government, and the community of Andorianus.
Economic Left/Right: -1.88 Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64
GENERATION 31: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

"In American football, you make a touchdown. In Soviet football, touch makes down YOU!!!"
(PS: Ever played Soviet football? It sucks.)
"In Soviet C&C Firestorm, system is slave to YOU!"
"In America, you rob a private-owned bank. In Soviet Russia, state-owned bank robs YOU!!!"
Risottia wrote:If you think that avoid killing civilians is a failure, I don't like your idea of success.

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:12 pm

My bad. Upon closer reading it seems legal, and quite well-written. Why don't you send it in?
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

St George of England
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby St George of England » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:01 am

Elke and Elba wrote:My bad. Upon closer reading it seems legal, and quite well-written. Why don't you send it in?

Because it's not finished and has, imo, some formatting issues (non-use of region and nation tags, maybe remove the bold tags instead capitalizing the first word of each clause).
The Angline-Guanxine Empire
Current Monarch: His Heavenly Guanxine The Ky Morris
Population: As NS Page
Current RP: Closure of the Paulianus Passage
The United Coven of the Otherworlds
Current Leader: Covenwoman Paige Thomas
Population: 312,000,000
Military Size: 4,000,000
New to NS? TG me if you have questions.

Flemingovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Flemingovia » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:09 am

Not allowing the RL ideology of Islam is a risky business. they might jihad yo ass.

Stick to Nazis. Since 1945 that has been fairly safe. Before then not so much.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:29 am

Flemingovia wrote:Not allowing the RL ideology of Islam is a risky business. they might jihad yo ass.

Stick to Nazis. Since 1945 that has been fairly safe. Before then not so much.

".... we taught them a lesson in 1918,
and they have hardly bothered us since then ... "
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:34 am

This looks like a potential threadjack that shouldn't go any further.

Malastre
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Malastre » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:19 am

Flemingovia wrote:Not allowing the RL ideology of Islam is a risky business. they might jihad yo ass.

We are not attempting to outlaw Islam. We are attempting to condemn a fundamentalist nation that has shown a callous regard for their own civilians, and has used terror bombings, and other methods to support global Islamic revolution.

Bold tags removed. Anything else I can change?

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:20 am

Malastre, it is OK to mention Islam in a Security Council proposal, but Flemingovia is correct about Rule 4.e - you're going to have to give some explanation (even if very brief) about what you mean by such phrases as 'global Islamic revolution' - how does that translate into actions within NationStates?

Slyndonia
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Islam

Postby Slyndonia » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:25 am

IN Slyndonia we have banned the religion of Islam.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:33 am

Slyndonia wrote:IN Slyndonia we have banned the religion of Islam.

You are a WA member? Banning any religion effectively contravenes several GA resolutions...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Malastre
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Malastre » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:54 am

Sedgistan wrote:Malastre, it is OK to mention Islam in a Security Council proposal, but Flemingovia is correct about Rule 4.e - you're going to have to give some explanation (even if very brief) about what you mean by such phrases as 'global Islamic revolution' - how does that translate into actions within NationStates?

Okay, I will fix that.

Islam for allah has ceased their actions against their civilians. It is no longer necessary to condemn them, in our opinion.
Last edited by Malastre on Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council