NATION

PASSWORD

Silly and/or Illegal GA Proposals. zOMG!

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Re: Silly and/or Illegal WA Proposals. zOMG!

Postby Linux and the X » Sun May 31, 2009 10:15 pm

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:
Aboliton of Domestic CCTV

Category: Furtherment of Democracy
Strength: Strong
Proposed by: Valtrii

Description: No Government has the right to veiw a law abiding citizen in the security of their own home, yet the WA allows nations to plant Orwellian cameras in the homes of any and all who live within it's national boundaries.

Governments who use these cameras argue that without them, security would be threatened and the stability of their regime would be in jeapordy. A stable nation should have no need for such a system!

This proposal, if passed, would allow citizens to act and voice their opinions as they wish in the comfort of their own home. This can only be a good thing, and a great victory, for free speech.

Orwell is a RL reference, and this proposal does nothing.

I suppose the argument could be made that 'Orwellian' has become a word of its own.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Sun May 31, 2009 10:17 pm

The Emmerian Unions wrote:
Unemployment Benefits

A resolution to reduce income inequality and increase basic welfare.

Category: Social Justice
Strength: Mild
Proposed by: Edbb

Description: TODAY, I am submitting a proposal that would increase employment and ultimately boost the confidence of so many unemployed.

The plan clearly outlines that no one making less than $350,000 will see a tax increase. This money will help insure many unemployed a right to good quality health care and help provide for their families.

The plan significantly cuts taxes for Middle-Class citizens, and provides relief for suffering families.

We are aware of the Small Business owners who create our jobs and lift our economy. They will see a minor tax cut as well.

Lolwut? Methinks branding due to $.

I think it's been decided that '$' can be used as an international currency symbol.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Sun May 31, 2009 10:21 pm

Linux and the X wrote:
Unemployment Benefits

Proposed by: Edbb

Description: TODAY, I am submitting a proposal that would increase employment and ultimately boost the confidence of so many unemployed.

The plan clearly outlines that no one making less than $350,000 will see a tax increase. This money will help insure many unemployed a right to good quality health care and help provide for their families.

The plan significantly cuts taxes for Middle-Class citizens, and provides relief for suffering families.

We are aware of the Small Business owners who create our jobs and lift our economy. They will see a minor tax cut as well.

Lolwut? Methinks branding due to $.

I think it's been decided that '$' can be used as an international currency symbol.

I don't think so as it stands for Dollar and that is only in II, not in the WA. In the WA use of Currency tags is looked down on, if not illegal due to other nations not having the same kind of money.
The Cake is a lie!
<<Peace through Fear and Superior Firepower>>

STOP AMERICAN IMPERIALISM? America is ANTI-IMPERIAL!
Ifreann wrote:"And in world news, the United States has recently elected Bill Gates as God Emperor For All Time. Foreign commentators believe that Gates' personal fortune may have played a role in his victory, but criticism from the United States of Gates(as it is now known) has been sparse and brief."
For good Russian Rock Radio, go here.
Please note, I rarely go into NSG. If I post there, please do not expect a response from me.
ALL HAIL THE GODDESS REPLOID PRODUCTIONS!

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sun May 31, 2009 10:33 pm

Educational System Needed

A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.

Category: Education and Creativity
Area of Effect: Educational
Proposed by: Conzainia

Description: Nationstates should stick to one big Educational System, this would keep Different age groups up to date and on the same level of Education as other countries.

Realizing, We need a better System to keep everyone on the right track.

Needing, A better System for a Better Nationstates.

Helping, Doing this will help the future generations of nationstates.

Making a difference, If we do this we would make the world of nationstates a smarter place to have a nation.

Conclusion: If we make this happen think of all the smart nations we would have, It would mark a new era in education for Nationstates!

Huh? Somebody mind helping me figure this one out?

We need a better system it isn't that hard to work out but then that might be because I can interpret political speak. :p
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sun May 31, 2009 10:34 pm

Philimbesi wrote:So we're going to eliminate poverty by taking 10 percent of all checks people write to fund an education? Also would really suck if I want to go to medical school and the 1 college that teaches it is on the other side of the nation...

Just because you disagree with a proposal doesn't make it silly or illegal. Really the thread on Jolt was far better quality.

Oh and have you ever heard of moving?
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:21 am

Colonization of other worlds

A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights
Proposed by: Porilad

Description: To the people of the world assembled,

NOTING that the Earth can support a limited number of human beings

REALIZING that threshold may already have been passed

NOTING that the solar system contains enough resources to support a large number of human beings

PROPOSING the colonization of the other worlds in the solar system through a number of phases

Phase 1: establish a permanent outpost on the moon near the aitken baisin, which is known to hold large amounts of water ice.

Phase 2: began mining of helium-3 on the moon, to provide fuel for fusion reactors, to facilate further colonization of the solar system.

Phase 3: use lunar colonies as starting points for launching colonization craft to mars and the asteroid belt

Phase 4: begin mining of asteroid belt for metal and various carbon compounds

Phase 5: begin altering the vemusian atmosphere, taking excessc arbon dioxide to use in the terraforming of mars.

Phase 6: terraforming and colonization of venus and mars.

Phase 7: colonization of the moons of the outer planets.

Proposed incentives:
1. providing nation showing an interesting in colonization with humanitarian aid if needed.

1. RL references THROUGHOUT this
2. Not all WA nations can due this as they are not even modern tech.
3. Not all WA nations live on "Earth".
The Cake is a lie!

Ifreann wrote:"And in world news, the United States has recently elected Bill Gates as God Emperor For All Time. Foreign commentators believe that Gates' personal fortune may have played a role in his victory, but criticism from the United States of Gates(as it is now known) has been sparse and brief."
Please note, I rarely go into NSG. If I post there, please do not expect a response from me.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:05 am

Description: Publicly-funded health care is a form of health care insurance to meet the cost all or most health care needs from a publicly managed fund.

Usually this is under some form of democratic accountability, the right of access to which are set down in rules applying to the whole population.

This distinguishes it from other forms of private medical insurance the rights of access to which are subject to contractual obligations between an insurer (or his sponsor) and an insurance company which seeks to make a profit by managing the flow of funds between funders and providers of health care services.

Approvals: 2 (Zanemia, Rainbow Isles)

Voting Ends: Thu Jun 4 2009

That's not a bad definition, but what do you plan to do with that definition?

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:28 pm

Right of captured criminals

Strength: Significant
Proposed by: Dunczton

Description: This gives all criminals in all member nations the right to have a fair trial and a lawyer. It does not matter if a certain country atuomatically kills their criminals before trial or after inprisonment.This proposal will change those laws so that they may be given th trial, but the judges may chose execution as punishment. This also effects the hiring of judges, they may not be pulled of the street and said that they are judges.They must be elected. This also effects torture, torture may be a punishment, not a way t get information.This will lead to having our prison have the right people instead of an innocent bystander.

Wait.......what? I need a cryptologist to figure this out.

Unity threw the masses

A resolution to improve world security by boosting police and military budgets.

Category: International Security
Proposed by: SJFH

Description: Nations need to unite.
This is to help political freedoms. And equality.

Changes the game. and Bloddy Stupid.

The Universal Bill of Rights

Proposed by: Kopania

Description: CONCERNED: That the World Assembly does not have a Bill of Rights but only a handful of laws not completely covering basic human rights.
Recalling the many egregious infringements of human rights,

RECOGNIZING: The need to protect basic human rights,

CONDEMNING: Any acts by government at the sake of human rights,

DETERMINED: To put an end to the violation of human rights,

The World Assembly shall endorse what will be called the Universal Bill of Rights, the articles of which are as follows:

Article 1 -- All human beings have the right to choose worship any faith or no faith, and to change their religious beliefs at any time without punishment on the part of the state.

Article 2 -- All human beings have the right to express their right of free speech as long as it is truthful and deemed safe for society, this goes along with books, magazines, newspaper and other media. What is deemed safe for society shall be determined by that nations government and approved by the World Assembly Council on Human Rights.

Article 3 -- All human beings have the right to peacefully assemble.

Article 4 -- Barring gay marriage and gays raising children all men and women(including gays)are created equal and are to be treated equal.

Article 5 -- All human beings must not be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman, or unusual treatment or punishment.

Article 6 -- No human beings will be subjected to arrest or exile without an explicit list of their offenses.

Article 7 -- Any arrested person must be presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Article 8 -- A human beings family members cannot be held accountable for the crimes of their relative unless they somehow link with the crime.

Article 9 -- Any persons who violate any of these articles shall be held accountable by the law.

Article 10 -- The Universal Bill of Rights does not override the existing Bill of Rights of World Assembly members. If any of these stated rights do not exist in a member nation, they are herby protected. If any nation has rights that go beyond these universal rights, the Universal Bill of Rights will not remove those rights.

Establishing: The World Assembly Council on Human Rights(WACHR)which will oversee these rights and all other rights under WA law be treated as "LAWS" and be obeyed.

Bloody hell! Not all WA members are human!
Last edited by The Emmerian Unions on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Cake is a lie!

Karianis
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Karianis » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:41 pm

The Universal Bill of Rights

Proposed by: Kopania

Description: CONCERNED: That the World Assembly does not have a Bill of Rights but only a handful of laws not completely covering basic human rights.
Recalling the many egregious infringements of human rights,

RECOGNIZING: The need to protect basic human rights,

CONDEMNING: Any acts by government at the sake of human rights,

DETERMINED: To put an end to the violation of human rights,

The World Assembly shall endorse what will be called the Universal Bill of Rights, the articles of which are as follows:

Article 1 -- All human beings have the right to choose worship any faith or no faith, and to change their religious beliefs at any time without punishment on the part of the state.

Article 2 -- All human beings have the right to express their right of free speech as long as it is truthful and deemed safe for society, this goes along with books, magazines, newspaper and other media. What is deemed safe for society shall be determined by that nations government and approved by the World Assembly Council on Human Rights.

Article 3 -- All human beings have the right to peacefully assemble.

Article 4 -- Barring gay marriage and gays raising children all men and women(including gays)are created equal and are to be treated equal.

Article 5 -- All human beings must not be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman, or unusual treatment or punishment.

Article 6 -- No human beings will be subjected to arrest or exile without an explicit list of their offenses.

Article 7 -- Any arrested person must be presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Article 8 -- A human beings family members cannot be held accountable for the crimes of their relative unless they somehow link with the crime.

Article 9 -- Any persons who violate any of these articles shall be held accountable by the law.

Article 10 -- The Universal Bill of Rights does not override the existing Bill of Rights of World Assembly members. If any of these stated rights do not exist in a member nation, they are herby protected. If any nation has rights that go beyond these universal rights, the Universal Bill of Rights will not remove those rights.

Establishing: The World Assembly Council on Human Rights(WACHR)which will oversee these rights and all other rights under WA law be treated as "LAWS" and be obeyed.

Bloody hell! Not all WA members are human!

Far more importantly, Article 1 can constintute an ideological ban. And I don't think all these articles fit under the single category, either, do they?

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:57 pm

Joint military actions

Proposed by: Konsomolets

Description: in case of an aggressor nation starts a war against another nation,the assembly must pass a resolution that will urge members to send aids as necessary to repel armed attack.

lol. This is bull.
The Cake is a lie!

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:04 pm

Karianis wrote:
The Emmerian Unions wrote:Bloody hell! Not all WA members are human!

Far more importantly, Article 1 can constintute an ideological ban. And I don't think all these articles fit under the single category, either, do they?

Well, OK. If we're going to list all the reasons why this proposal is illegal (and both your suggestions are extremely iffy), shouldn't we start with the fact that this plagiarizes the first UBR?
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:08 am

Prevention of Privatisation
A resolution to develop industry around the world.

Category: Advancement of Industry
Area of Effect: Environmental Deregulation
Proposed by: James Bluntus

Description: My resolution is to prevent the privatisation of government assets when it isn't in the interest of the people.

The WA recognises that privatisation causes higher prices, reduced job opportunities and less reliabilty in the industry that is privatised.

The WA relises that it needs to do something to moniter the individual cases to prevent unsatifactory proposals getting passed without a WA review. I therefore propose that we form the International Privatisation Regulation Council. This Council will oversee the handling of every privatisation of government assets.

This Resolution doesn't prohibit privatisation but it assure that every person gets a say in the privatision, not just the elected representives. Every case has to go through the parliament and if passed has to go to a referendum to be voted on by the people of that country.

Approvals: 0
Voting Ends: Sat Jun 6 2009

This is NOT 'Environmental Deregulation'...
Last edited by Bears Armed on Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:18 am

The Big Six

Proposed by: FlagCena465

Description: With an increase in international wars and battles, I suggest that we vote for a league of six big nations to watch over four regions per Big Six member. If a war break out, the Big Six member who is watching over that region can step in and diffuse any conflict.
So what happens if a war breaks out in one of the 50,006 regions not watched by one of these Big Six nations?

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:41 am

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:
Karianis wrote:
The Emmerian Unions wrote:Bloody hell! Not all WA members are human!

Well, OK. If we're going to list all the reasons why this proposal is illegal (and both your suggestions are extremely iffy), shouldn't we start with the fact that this plagiarizes the first UBR?
Also its clause 4 - though not necessarily illegal - is quite amusing.
The fight is long and tough, but together, we can make it. -- José Carlos Mariátegui

Two kinds of pork in one soup? Bring it on. -- Christina Hendricks

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Citizen's Rights

Proposed by: Louis Van Boxel Woolf

Description: Noting, that a detailed resolution/proposal has yet to define exactly how far rights should go and what they are.
Accepting, that this is needed urgently to avoid confusion amongst nations over what exactly rights are and citizens of countries will suffer without knowing exactly what their rights are and may even come to physical harm if Civil Rights are outlawed or unheard of.
Therefore, this resolution recommends the following measures:
OBSERVATION AND SURVEILLANCE
Surevillance Cameras ARE allowed, but clearly visible warning signs must be placed around the site thay are in. Concealed/disguised Surveillance Cameres are not allowed, due to the fact the Taxpayer pays for this public space and has the right to know whether they are being viewed or not. Surveillance Cameras SHOULD be allowed for sale to the General Public, but they cannot point directly into people's houses, gardens or property. The comapanies who supply Surveillance Cameras should be heavily regulated.
CUSTODY AND POLICE RIGHTS
The right to remain silent must be told to all people who have been arrested but not convicted and they should be able to exercise this right at all times. An independent Police Body should be set up to review the conditions of Jails, and this body should also review police tactics on an annnual basis, it wall also investiagte any complaints about Police Brutality and take the neccesary action.
JUDICIAL SYSTEMS
Mindful, that justice systems which work with a Jury are usually fairer and more succesful, so this will be implemented in all WA nations. Should the accused wish, they should have the right to say the Press should not be present.
PRESS
Acknowleding, that the private life of people or celebrities must be able to be kept private, so the Press must stay 50 meteres (55 yards) from celebrities they are "tracking." Obscene photographs (completly nude, bikin's or swimming trunks on do not count as nude) cannot be published.
VIOLENCE
At all times self - defence should be taken in to account in a court case. The Government cannot: Intimidate, hurt or opress their people/opposition. If this happens a WA commite will take immediate action.
RACISM
Political Parties with their polocies based on racism or hatred should be outlawed. Racism can count as hurtful messages or objects likely to cause panic (knives, guns) sent through post and messages sent via forums or e - mail, as well as physical abuse and verbal abuse. It is the person's right to report this immediatley and action to be taken.
CHILDREN'S RIGHTS
Children's rights, teachers and heads have the right to search children if they suspect they are carrying a wheapon, an indpendent body should be set up to tackle hurtful teachers in schools. The pupil's right to answer back shall be held dear.
WHEAPON RIGHTS
Everybody should have the right to carry a weapon (apart from under 18's or the mentally unstable), all weapon's should be registred though and any mis use of it result in a hefty jail sentence.
DRUGS
All recreational drugs to be pronounced legal as more people die in cars than a drug overdose, this will also stop gangsters making profit out of selling drugs.

Mr. Secretary, we have the Charter of Civil Rights already. I also note a possible category violation in which I find that this may be best fit in the Moral Decency category.
Last edited by Charlotte Ryberg on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:52 pm

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:
Citizen's Rights

Proposed by: Louis Van Boxel Woolf

Description: Noting, that a detailed resolution/proposal has yet to define exactly how far rights should go and what they are.
Accepting, that this is needed urgently to avoid confusion amongst nations over what exactly rights are and citizens of countries will suffer without knowing exactly what their rights are and may even come to physical harm if Civil Rights are outlawed or unheard of.
Therefore, this resolution recommends the following measures:
OBSERVATION AND SURVEILLANCE
Surevillance Cameras ARE allowed, but clearly visible warning signs must be placed around the site thay are in. Concealed/disguised Surveillance Cameres are not allowed, due to the fact the Taxpayer pays for this public space and has the right to know whether they are being viewed or not. Surveillance Cameras SHOULD be allowed for sale to the General Public, but they cannot point directly into people's houses, gardens or property. The comapanies who supply Surveillance Cameras should be heavily regulated.
CUSTODY AND POLICE RIGHTS
The right to remain silent must be told to all people who have been arrested but not convicted and they should be able to exercise this right at all times. An independent Police Body should be set up to review the conditions of Jails, and this body should also review police tactics on an annnual basis, it wall also investiagte any complaints about Police Brutality and take the neccesary action.
JUDICIAL SYSTEMS
Mindful, that justice systems which work with a Jury are usually fairer and more succesful, so this will be implemented in all WA nations. Should the accused wish, they should have the right to say the Press should not be present.
PRESS
Acknowleding, that the private life of people or celebrities must be able to be kept private, so the Press must stay 50 meteres (55 yards) from celebrities they are "tracking." Obscene photographs (completly nude, bikin's or swimming trunks on do not count as nude) cannot be published.
VIOLENCE
At all times self - defence should be taken in to account in a court case. The Government cannot: Intimidate, hurt or opress their people/opposition. If this happens a WA commite will take immediate action.
RACISM
Political Parties with their polocies based on racism or hatred should be outlawed. Racism can count as hurtful messages or objects likely to cause panic (knives, guns) sent through post and messages sent via forums or e - mail, as well as physical abuse and verbal abuse. It is the person's right to report this immediatley and action to be taken.
CHILDREN'S RIGHTS
Children's rights, teachers and heads have the right to search children if they suspect they are carrying a wheapon, an indpendent body should be set up to tackle hurtful teachers in schools. The pupil's right to answer back shall be held dear.
WHEAPON RIGHTS
Everybody should have the right to carry a weapon (apart from under 18's or the mentally unstable), all weapon's should be registred though and any mis use of it result in a hefty jail sentence.
DRUGS
All recreational drugs to be pronounced legal as more people die in cars than a drug overdose, this will also stop gangsters making profit out of selling drugs.

Mr. Secretary, we have the Charter of Civil Rights already. I also note a possible category violation in which I find that this may be best fit in the Moral Decency category.

You're wrong, the only correct category for this one is the "Illegal" category. The clauses about recreational drug use and gun control make this a textbook example of a proposal which tries to do too much and ends up stretching over several categories

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:39 am

It does have a misleading title though. On to the next one:

More Bullet Control

Category: Gun Control
Decision: Tighten
Proposed by: Artelle

Description: 1. bullets will cost $75 each.
2. every bullet sold will have a number registered to the consumer.
3. work to eliminate the sale of hand gun bullets.
4. bullets can only be sold to someone with proper mental health, proper eye sight, and between the ages of 25 and 67.

Potentially illegal because of the currency used.

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:09 pm

Banning of Nuclear Weapons

A resolution to slash worldwide military spending.

Category: Global Disarmament
Proposed by: The Animal Union

Description: NOTING that nukes have hurt hearts, bodies and environment globally;

ACKNOWLEDGING that the hellish nightmare this causes causes irreversible psychological trauma, and

APPALLED at the fact that this proposal hasn't already been made.

Thus, the proposal states:

1. No WA nation shall have a nuclear weapons programme, and regional delegates and other WA guardians to other regions will not allow such;

2. All WA nations shall take a role on the path to global nuclear disarmament, and

3. No part of this proposal shall be ignored if passed.

NEEDS NAPA TO BE REPEALED!

<<And I got it in under 3 minutes after it was submitted.>>
Last edited by The Emmerian Unions on Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Cake is a lie!

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:17 pm

Repeal "Reduction of Abortion Act"

A proposal to repeal a previously passed resolution

Category: Repeal

Resolution: #44

Proposed by: FlagThe Animal Union

Description: WA Resolution #44: Reduction of Abortion Act (Category: Social Justice; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The Reduction of Abortion Act shall be struck out null and void.

DISGUSTED at the fact that these religious whack-Os are taking control over a woman's body;

REVOLTED at the fact that these religious whack-Os are sexist;

APPALLED at the fact that these religious whack-Os do not believe in gender equality.

Thus, this declares:

1. No WA nation shall have the right to declare abortion legal or illegal, regardless of beliefs;

2. No WA nation shall start an abortion reduction programme;

3. All WA nations shall have to accept that abortion is not murder; and

4. Declares that nothing in this repeal act shall be ignored.
Illegal, contains new legislation.

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:04 pm

Arm the kids

A resolution to tighten or relax gun control laws.

Proposed by: Haosia

Description: It’s all too often that you see a child beaten and attacked by a bully, then seeing the bully walk away unharmed.
We need to give kids protection from all things bad. You see a man look at you, shoot him, you see the local bully, no need to shoot, he will crap himself before you can pull the trigger.
Not all weapons have to be given to kids; if I saw a kid with a RPG I would be very surprised to see him without a chick. All I'm saying is that poor kids are getting the crap beaten out of them, if they had, say a taser they would have half as much power compared to a mini-gun.

Doesn't do jack shit! My response to first reading it was: :palm:
The Cake is a lie!

Allrule
Senator

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allrule » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:25 pm

Arm the kids

A resolution to tighten or relax gun control laws.

Proposed by: Haosia

Description: It’s all too often that you see a child beaten and attacked by a bully, then seeing the bully walk away unharmed.
We need to give kids protection from all things bad. You see a man look at you, shoot him, you see the local bully, no need to shoot, he will crap himself before you can pull the trigger.
Not all weapons have to be given to kids; if I saw a kid with a RPG I would be very surprised to see him without a chick. All I'm saying is that poor kids are getting the crap beaten out of them, if they had, say a taser they would have half as much power compared to a mini-gun.

Doesn't do jack shit! My response to first reading it was: :palm:

Not to mention, it should be a proposal to relax gun control laws, not tighten them. It makes no sense to make a proposal that tightens gun control laws, and then say your proposal will allow kids to own guns. And yeah, I agree : :palm:
Last edited by Allrule on Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Save the Internet! Protect Net Neutrality!

"Lily? After all this time?"
"Always."
-Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:41 am

Biological Warfare Act

Proposed by: Mi Co Li

Description: AKNOWLEGING that war can be declared and commenced in the blink of an eye.

OBSERVING that most countries have no more that one form of warfare.

FRIGHTENED by the fact that any aggressive nation could easily take over any weaker nation with little warfare options.

EMPHASIZES the need for biological warfare to be a warfare option for all nations with a population of under 100 million.

REQUESTS that all member nations using biological warfare have ALL equipment tested annually.

ASSURES that no member nation is to in any way use biological warfare on another member nation.

RESTRICTS biological warfare to defence NOT attack.

Voting Ends: Sun Jun 7 2009

Biological weapons for defence?!? Bloody stupid!

War! It's Always the Same
A resolution to develop industry around the world.

Category: Advancement of Industry
Area of Effect: Labor Deregulation
Proposed by: Mahalamistan

Description: My nation of Mahalamistan has hit an economic downturn as it has with many other nations on our planet. Industry is flourishing but it never seems to be enough. I Believe that opening new territory to house global industry would be a great idea in increasing everyones Nations economy allowing for a much greater number of industrial buildings to be in place. As you may know a great threat to my region is the nation of Ohlmannation who has been terrorizing our industry for quite some time. So here is our chance if we all band together in War against Ohlmannation we can have all of its territory for industrial purposes plus the war will open job opportunities for those who have been laid off work.

Voting for this proposal is an agreement to stand behind Mahalamistan in direct battle against Ohlmannation for an industrial revolution.

Voting against this proposal is an agreement to stand behind Ohlmannation in defense of their territory.

Not voting at all will leave you entirely out of this war.

This is our last chance at an economic upheaval.

Voting Ends: Mon Jun 8 2009

Well, that's a "creative" (but probably still illegal) use of the category!

Illegal for branding, anyway, and for its effects being optional (the section that I've placed in red type here...) as well.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:33 am

To toss my tuppence in on the previous post......

Biological weapons. For either defense or offense biological weapons make no sense. They are indiscriminate in their application, and just downright immoral. There is no way, no how, that Grays Harbor could support any use of biologcal weaponry for any reason. In fact, should biological weapons be deployed, we would be of a mind to ally ourselves with the nation they were deployed against just to register our displeasure with the deploying nation. And by "registering our displeasure" I mean by affixing notes of protest to the nosecones of cruise missiles. We would also cut off all exports of chocolate and coffee to the offending nation, by blockade if neccessary.

A declaration of war as a WA proposal? The nation proposing this should be publically spanked for abusing the WA and submitting this.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:04 am

Capital Punishment

A resolution to restrict political freedoms in the interest of law and order.

Category: Political Stability

Proposed by: FlagGeneralsica

Description: All Nations Under the Authority of The World Assembly will Adhere to Capital Punishment Laws.
In Terms Of Executions, Only the lethal injection shall be allowed, any convict who hits three convictions will be autimatically jailed until death.
Possible wrong category here.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:35 am

Destroy Capitalism

Proposed by: The Animal Union

Description: APPALLED at the fact that under capitalism, poverty rates are unheard of;

ACKNOWLEDGING that although most employers want better quality workers, all must be employed to keep the economy going; and

ARGUING that under socialism, poverty rates will go from their current rates to 0%.

Thus, the proposal states:

1. All WA nations shall end their current government form and adhere to socialism;

2. All WA nations shall set a rate of money for people to make yearly (i.e., 40000 units) and delegates shall enforce such in the region of residency;

3. All WA nations will pass laws stating that thou who shall not work shall be jailed; and

4. Nothing in this proposal shall be ignored once in effect.

advocating that all nations adhere to the proposers own favoured "sacred cow" form of government ...... hnh ..... can this proposal die a quick and ignored death please? We really don't need yet another "MY WAY IS THE OMG! BEST WAY SO IT SHOULD BE MANDATORY FOR EVERYBODY" proposal.

Disarm Nukes Act
A resolution to slash worldwide military spending.

Category: Global Disarmament
Proposed by: Guy0307

Description: NATIONS OF THE WORLD ASSEMBLY SHALL

(1) Dismantle all nuclear weapons in possession

(2) Use resources that are being used for nuclear weapons programs to further a country's welfare, and not its military

(3) Try and eliminate all wars, and refrain from any possibility of a conflict by not provoking other countries

(4) Never engage in an act of terrorism, where civilians are targeted instead of military targets, unless another nation has engaged in such activites beforehand

Voting Ends: Mon Jun 8 2009

I didn't think it possible, but we have yet another la-la land bit of ideological posturing that is so vague as to be unenforceable.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives