NATION

PASSWORD

NS opinion on mod ignorance?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Buccaneers FC
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: NS opinion on mod ignorance?

Postby Buccaneers FC » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:08 pm

Rikese wrote:
Buccaneers FC wrote:There was this one suggestion about being allowed to customize your nation name (not prefix) after you had registered. However, the mods completely ignored it and denounced it. Do you think they're becoming more closed-minded to new ideas?

No, not really.

How so?
The Weegies said:
Dear God, imagine a date with Bluth Corporation:

Date: "Do you mind paying, or do you want to split the bill?"
Bluth Corporation: YOU ARE INFRINGING UPON MY UNIVERSE-DERIVED OBJECTIVE INDIVIDUALITY! MY PERSONAL SOVEREIGNTY, TAKEN FROM COMPLETELY CORRECT AND OBSERVABLE FIRST PRINCIPLES HAS BEEN VIOLATED! YOU ARE IMPOSING SOCIETAL NORMS UPON ME WHICH I REJECT AS ILLEGITIMATE! A IS A! A IS A!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: So... split it, then?

Georgetpwn
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Georgetpwn » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:08 pm

Buccaneers FC wrote:
Georgetpwn wrote:i support chaning nation names.

btw, i know this will be locked for speaking against mod policy. or something to that effect.

But then we could form our own uprising region, recruit, and go and DEFEAT THE SOMEWHAT EVIL AND SOMETIMES STUPID MOD/ADMIN POLICIES!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i forgot the sarcasm tag.
The Republic of Hobbes City (exiled), exists within Georgetpwn
DEFCON 5 4 3 2 1
Defense Minister of Novus Licentia Terra
The Republic of Hobbes City, composed of:
The Hobbes City Holding State of Georgetpwn
The People's Republic of M1 Helmet
The Protectorate of The Republic of Lanos
The Colony of Suvree
The Pacific Territory of Ferdinando Marcos

Buccaneers FC
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Buccaneers FC » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:09 pm

Georgetpwn wrote:
Buccaneers FC wrote:
Georgetpwn wrote:i support chaning nation names.

btw, i know this will be locked for speaking against mod policy. or something to that effect.

But then we could form our own uprising region, recruit, and go and DEFEAT THE SOMEWHAT EVIL AND SOMETIMES STUPID MOD/ADMIN POLICIES!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i forgot the sarcasm tag.

There is no "SCM" tag, unfortunately.
The Weegies said:

Bluth Corporation: YOU ARE INFRINGING UPON MY UNIVERSE-DERIVED OBJECTIVE INDIVIDUALITY! MY PERSONAL SOVEREIGNTY, TAKEN FROM COMPLETELY CORRECT AND OBSERVABLE FIRST PRINCIPLES HAS BEEN VIOLATED! YOU ARE IMPOSING SOCIETAL NORMS UPON ME WHICH I REJECT AS ILLEGITIMATE! A IS A! A IS A!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buccaneers FC
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Buccaneers FC » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:10 pm

Kryo, I know you're there...
The Weegies said:

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootopia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:10 pm

Georgetpwn wrote:so far, any improvements to the WA, banning raiding, and other suggestions such as this, have been ignored due to lack of interest on the mod part.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5913

No.
End the Modigarchy now.

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Yootopia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:10 pm

Buccaneers FC wrote:Kryo, I know you're there...

Kyro is also the wrong colour to do anything about the state of raiding etc. -_-
End the Modigarchy now.

Georgetpwn
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Georgetpwn » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:11 pm

i support renaming nation names, plain and simple.

as for mod interest, good luck. if you dislike the game, then move to another, as one told me once when i had problems in the past.
DEFCON 5 4 3 2 1
The Colony of Suvree

Buccaneers FC
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Buccaneers FC » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:12 pm

Georgetpwn wrote:i support renaming nation names, plain and simple.

as for mod interest, good luck. if you dislike the game, then move to another, as one told me once when i had problems in the past.

No, I love this game. However, it needs improvements. This is just one of them.
The Weegies said:

Buccaneers FC
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Buccaneers FC » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:14 pm

Kryozerkia is lurking. I know. He locked one of my threads (spammy, I will admit)
The Weegies said:

Barzan
Minister

Founded: May 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Barzan » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:14 pm

If there's any ignorance (and let's not kid ourselves, there is an over-abundance of ignorance on these forums passing for "debate"), it is from the innate ramblings of the peanut gallery . I don't even bother to read half the threads in NSG -- the titles ward me away. I know I'll get into a fine academic discussion, full of thoughtful insights into the workings or political theory and public policy with a thread titled "Are Democrats Nazis?" or "Proof that Bush Planned 9/11". Yes, I foresee lots of quality debate happening there -- I may even change my mind, or at least think differently, about a thing or two.

If anything, the mods are overly generous and overly tolerant of the constant garbage that is peddled about by 12 year olds (whether mentally, intellectually or physically is irrelevant). The flames and trolling (at least what I consider to be flames and trolling -- my standards are much less lenient than the mods) are often overlooked due to "free speech". The only time someone has problems with the mods is when some child whines about why he got sent to the corner for cursing at someone or for posting idiotic, libellous, or inflammatory statements that are so far removed from reality as to cast doubt on the intelligence of the writer.

For those of us adults (emotionally and intellectually) who try to conduct reasonable debate, the mods do much work which consumes lots of time for no pay. They give and give with respect to ensuring that everyone's idiotic opinion is heard -- as long as they don't cross the extremely thick line that is place well beyond the realm of what most would consider "civilised discussion".

So, I can't really comment on the OP, as it isn't a topic for debate, it's an incredibly subjective statement with a foregone conclusion; to answer the weasely-worded well-poisoning question-begging post would be an exercise in futility. Instead, I'm giving a "here, here" for the work the mods do in helping to combat the spread of idiocy, albeit in a (sometimes overly) fair manner.
NOT affiliated with the Free Masons -- Barzan's flag does not incorporate masonic imagery
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -4.75 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: +1.03
"I have considerably less respect for people who nod and drool as talking heads in a box feed them pre-digested spoonfuls of opinutainment than someone that listens to and discusses with a variety of sources and opinions and then forms their own; regardless of whether I agree with them." - Lunatic Goofballs

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Yootopia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:14 pm

Yeah seriously though - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5913

Oh look, it's a list of suggestions, with various peoples' comments on them! Could it be :o Some of those posting back, esp in stuff like WA reform are all dressed up in regal Purple! :o
End the Modigarchy now.

Buccaneers FC
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Buccaneers FC » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:15 pm

Barzan wrote:If there's any ignorance (and let's not kid ourselves, there is an over-abundance of ignorance on these forums passing for "debate"), it is from the innate ramblings of the peanut gallery . I don't even bother to read half the threads in NSG -- the titles ward me away. I know I'll get into a fine academic discussion, full of thoughtful insights into the workings or political theory and public policy with a thread titled "Are Democrats Nazis?" or "Proof that Bush Planned 9/11". Yes, I foresee lots of quality debate happening there -- I may even change my mind, or at least think differently, about a thing or two.

If anything, the mods are overly generous and overly tolerant of the constant garbage that is peddled about by 12 year olds (whether mentally, intellectually or physically is irrelevant). The flames and trolling (at least what I consider to be flames and trolling -- my standards are much less lenient than the mods) are often overlooked due to "free speech". The only time someone has problems with the mods is when some child whines about why he got sent to the corner for cursing at someone or for posting idiotic, libellous, or inflammatory statements that are so far removed from reality as to cast doubt on the intelligence of the writer.

For those of us adults (emotionally and intellectually) who try to conduct reasonable debate, the mods do much work which consumes lots of time for no pay. They give and give with respect to ensuring that everyone's idiotic opinion is heard -- as long as they don't cross the extremely thick line that is place well beyond the realm of what most would consider "civilised discussion".

So, I can't really comment on the OP, as it isn't a topic for debate, it's an incredibly subjective statement with a foregone conclusion; to answer the weasely-worded well-poisoning question-begging post would be an exercise in futility. Instead, I'm giving a "here, here" for the work the mods do in helping to combat the spread of idiocy, albeit in a (sometimes overly) fair manner.

If you hate free speech, it will not be pretty...
The Weegies said:

Thethunderdome
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Thethunderdome » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:15 pm

I do not think ignorance means what you think it means
Save a life- Donate blood!

Georgetpwn
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Georgetpwn » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:16 pm

Yootopia wrote:

Oh look, it's a list of suggestions, with various peoples' comments on them! Could it be :o Some of those posting back, esp in stuff like WA reform are all dressed up in regal Purple! :o

my response? This: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14667
read the OP.
DEFCON 5 4 3 2 1
The Colony of Suvree

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:16 pm

Yootopia wrote:
Buccaneers FC wrote:Kryo, I know you're there...

Kyro is also the wrong colour to do anything about the state of raiding etc. -_-

Indeed I am. I am also against raiding, so even if I was the right colour, I wouldn't be supporting it. Further, as to the renaming, there is a suggestion type thread over in Technical where this can be properly debated. At least the aspect of renaming a nation. If you're passionate about it, then make a case instead of whining.
Last edited by Kryozerkia on Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Yootopia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:17 pm

Georgetpwn wrote:
Yootopia wrote:

my response? This: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14667
read the OP.

I don't think you linked to the thing you meant in the first place to link to.
End the Modigarchy now.

Georgetpwn
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Georgetpwn » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:18 pm

Yootopia wrote:I don't think you linked to the thing you meant in the first place to link to.

i meant to link that. so you can see how mods can ignore players, with tragic results.
DEFCON 5 4 3 2 1
The Colony of Suvree

Buccaneers FC
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Buccaneers FC » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:20 pm

The whole argument of this thread has been proven. THANK YOU GEORGETPWN!
The Weegies said:

RhynoD
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 11, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby RhynoD » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:20 pm

Barzan wrote:For those of us adults (emotionally and intellectually)

:rofl:
So a horse walks into a bar and the bartender says, "Hey, why the long face?"
Former top poster and First President of the Social Spam Alliance.
Sarkhaan wrote:This. And just about everything else RhynoD said.

Buccaneers FC
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Buccaneers FC » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:21 pm

Hee hee, more proof:
Linky
Last edited by Buccaneers FC on Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Weegies said:

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Yootopia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:22 pm

Georgetpwn wrote:
Yootopia wrote:I don't think you linked to the thing you meant in the first place to link to.

i meant to link that. so you can see how mods can ignore players, with tragic results.

I can't honestly see how Dumb Ideologies leaving due to a couple of mods' views on what counts as obscene equates particularly well with "why won't the mods allow us to pick new names?".
End the Modigarchy now.

S0uf C3ntral
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby S0uf C3ntral » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:23 pm

They should all be tied down and bukkaked if you ask me.

Georgetpwn
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Georgetpwn » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:23 pm

Buccaneers FC wrote:Hee hee, more proof:
Linky

"Is there a reason you can't make your own post title in the body of the post?"

what? ok i know you can, but was that answer called for?
DEFCON 5 4 3 2 1
The Colony of Suvree

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

You can change the title of the post you complete fuckwit.

Postby Yootopia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:23 pm

Buccaneers FC wrote:The whole argument of this thread has been proven. THANK YOU GEORGETPWN!

Right, I see.
End the Modigarchy now.

Georgetpwn
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Georgetpwn » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:24 pm

Yootopia wrote:
Georgetpwn wrote:

I can't honestly see how Dumb Ideologies leaving due to a couple of mods' views on what counts as obscene equates particularly well with "why won't the mods allow us to pick new names?".

ignoring legit problems and pass it on to another mod, instead of handling them at once, also counts on this topic.
DEFCON 5 4 3 2 1
The Colony of Suvree

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads