NATION

PASSWORD

Tibetan Independence?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Syvorji
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Syvorji » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:50 pm

In my humble opinion, and yes, it represents all of North Korea, Tibet should not be sovereign. Why? It was always part of China, since the Qin Dynasty. Tibet spoke Chinese, and their culture was identical to the Han. Unfortunately, a Creole, Himalayan which those Tibetans claim to call their language, "Tibetan," was formed and used as an excuse to a separate identity. As a result, they wanted a state for that. And where does the Himalayan state go? It already exists in Bhutan. It is time for everyone to prove Tibet was never sovereign and that they were always Han. Do not confuse true Tibetans with the fake Tibetans, aka "Himalayans." Now, if you excuse me, I need to send a family to a summer camp for believing that Tibet was sovereign...

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:58 pm

Actually no, "Free Tibet" is not enough. Tibet is not Chinese. Screw borders and technicalities; Tibet is not Chinese. Tibet is Tibetan. It has a unique culture, language, and religion; all of which are entirely separate from Chinese culture. Tibet is Tibetan and the cultural rape and genocide of Tibet by the Han is unacceptable.
Puppetmaster for Hashemite Arabiyah

Syvorji
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Syvorji » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:59 pm

Greater Tezdrian wrote:Actually no, "Free Tibet" is not enough. Tibet is not Chinese. Screw borders and technicalities; Tibet is not Chinese. Tibet is Tibetan. It has a unique culture, language, and religion; all of which are entirely separate from Chinese culture. Tibet is Tibetan and the cultural rape and genocide of Tibet by the Han is unacceptable.

Source? Because really, my claim is correct.

Varazhdin
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 24, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Varazhdin » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:07 pm

I do not recognise the right of conquest, so.....

FREE TIBET!!!!!

P.S.: This would have been better as a poll. :ugeek:
Last edited by Varazhdin on Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Call to power
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 13, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Call to power » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:14 pm

Great Nepal wrote:I dont see it odd at all. India has been welding influence since ages, and has dont no good. If Nepal can get closer to China, then it could do better. As for maoist thing: I dont support most of their policies: but foreign policy is something which I do support.

but you are of course aware that your country exist as a battle ground between the two nations and as such to align yourself with either power allows for only more misery (take for example the obscure chance of nuclear fisty-cuffs in which both nations are liable to destroy the country)

On the note of choosing between the two I would also remind you that whilst India can be a royal prick at times (such as not supplying arms to government forces) it is at the very least incompetent whereas China is rather good at utterly dominating its neighbours
Last edited by Call to power on Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Parkus Empire wrote:Theoretically, why would anyone put anytime into anything but tobacco, intoxicants and sex?

Vareiln wrote:My god, CtP is right...
Not that you haven't been right before, but... Aw, hell, you get what I meant.

Tubbsalot wrote:replace my opinions with CtP's.

SpudEmpire
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SpudEmpire » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:22 pm

I am sort of conflicted on this issue. On one hand, Tibet was an oppressive theocratic shithole that would make even Saudi's blink once or twice before the Chinese moved in. On the other, China's rule over Tibet hasn't been all perfume and roses either....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:28 pm

I fully support an India-friendly state ruled by the Dalai Lama that weakens China's power.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:33 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I fully support an India-friendly state ruled by the Dalai Lama that weakens China's power.

True but the Dali Lama ain't getting any younger and his replacement was taken into "protective custody" almost 20 years back by China and to my knowledge has not been seen since. They put up their own Pro-china guy. Because they totally have control over who someone was reincarnate as.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:34 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I fully support an India-friendly state ruled by the Dalai Lama that weakens China's power.

True but the Dali Lama ain't getting any younger and his replacement was taken into "protective custody" almost 20 years back by China and to my knowledge has not been seen since. They put up their own Pro-china guy. Because they totally have control over who someone was reincarnate as.

Incorrect. The Chinese government said the selection of the next Dalai Lama must be approved by the government, presumably because the Communist Party has some sort of insight into which person the shade of the current Dalai Lama will alight in the next incarnation. The Dalai Lama has stated that the Dalai Lama's reincarnation is usually born in the region where the previous Dalai Lama spent most of his life - in other words, the next reincarnation will be born in India.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:39 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
The Corparation wrote:True but the Dali Lama ain't getting any younger and his replacement was taken into "protective custody" almost 20 years back by China and to my knowledge has not been seen since. They put up their own Pro-china guy. Because they totally have control over who someone was reincarnate as.

Incorrect. The Chinese government said the selection of the next Dalai Lama must be approved by the government, presumably because the Communist Party has some sort of insight into which person the shade of the current Dalai Lama will alight in the next incarnation. The Dalai Lama has stated that the Dalai Lama's reincarnation is usually born in the region where the previous Dalai Lama spent most of his life - in other words, the next reincarnation will be born in India.

I'm not sure whether or not it was the reincarnation fo the current Dali Lama or some other big important buddhist person. But the fact remains he hasn't been seen in 20 years. EDIT: Looked it up, its the Panchen Lama I'm thinking off.
Last edited by The Corparation on Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Meowfoundland
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meowfoundland » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:41 pm

The Corparation wrote:True but the Dali Lama ain't getting any younger and his replacement was taken into "protective custody" almost 20 years back by China and to my knowledge has not been seen since. They put up their own Pro-china guy. Because they totally have control over who someone was reincarnate as.

Also, isn't the replacement for the Dalai Lama found only after he dies? How the heck did the Chinese government find him 20 years ago? Zombie Tenzin Gyatso?

Edit: Never mind, it was explained.
Last edited by Meowfoundland on Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This was formerly a signature. One day, it may return to its splendid past. In the meantime, enjoy some pictures of my cats.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:42 pm

Meowfoundland wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Incorrect. The Chinese government said the selection of the next Dalai Lama must be approved by the government, presumably because the Communist Party has some sort of insight into which person the shade of the current Dalai Lama will alight in the next incarnation. The Dalai Lama has stated that the Dalai Lama's reincarnation is usually born in the region where the previous Dalai Lama spent most of his life - in other words, the next reincarnation will be born in India.

Also, isn't the replacement for the Dalai Lama found only after he dies? How the heck did the Chinese government find him 20 years ago? Zombie Tenzin Gyatso?

As I said, the Communist Party is apparently that intelligent.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:47 pm

Meowfoundland wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Incorrect. The Chinese government said the selection of the next Dalai Lama must be approved by the government, presumably because the Communist Party has some sort of insight into which person the shade of the current Dalai Lama will alight in the next incarnation. The Dalai Lama has stated that the Dalai Lama's reincarnation is usually born in the region where the previous Dalai Lama spent most of his life - in other words, the next reincarnation will be born in India.

The PRC kidnapped HH The Panchen Lama, and has replaced him with an illegitimate Pro-China successor. When HH The Dalai Lama passes on, there will likely be the Vajrayana version of an Antipope being proclaimed within Occupied Tibet while the legit one is crowned either in India or the West.
Last edited by Greater Tezdrian on Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:51 pm

Greater Tezdrian wrote:
Meowfoundland wrote:Also, isn't the replacement for the Dalai Lama found only after he dies? How the heck did the Chinese government find him 20 years ago? Zombie Tenzin Gyatso?

The PRC kidnapped HH The Panchen Lama, and has replaced him with an illegitimate Pro-China successor. When HH The Dalai Lama passes on, there will likely be the Vajrayana version of an Antipope being proclaimed within Occupied Tibet while the legit one is crowned either in India or the West.

Why the West?
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Greater Tezdrian wrote:
Meowfoundland wrote:Also, isn't the replacement for the Dalai Lama found only after he dies? How the heck did the Chinese government find him 20 years ago? Zombie Tenzin Gyatso?

Or there may not be one as the Dali Lama himself as stated is a possibility.

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Greater Tezdrian wrote:

Why the West?

His Holiness has stated several times that his reincarnation will be born within the West,

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:58 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Greater Tezdrian wrote:

Or there may not be one as the Dali Lama himself as stated is a possibility.

That is a theological impossibility.
Last edited by Greater Tezdrian on Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Greater Tezdrian wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Why the West?

His Holiness has stated several times that his reincarnation will be born within the West,

Source?
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:01 pm

Greater Tezdrian wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Why the West?

I think I've found him...

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:04 pm

Greater Tezdrian wrote:His Holiness has stated several times that his reincarnation will be born within the West,

Source?

Sourced
: The institution of the Dalai Lama, and whether it should continue or not, is up to the Tibetan people. If they feel it is not relevant, then it will cease and there will be no 15th Dalai Lama. But if I die today I think they will want another Dalai Lama. The purpose of reincarnation is to fulfill the previous [incarnation's] life task. My life is outside Tibet, therefore my reincarnation will logically be found outside. But then, the next question: Will the Chinese accept this or not? China will not accept. The Chinese government most probably will appoint another Dalai Lama, like it did with the Panchen Lama. Then there will be two Dalai Lamas: one, the Dalai Lama of the Tibetan heart, and one that is officially appointed.

See bolded bit. Its a possibility.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:09 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Source?

Sourced
: The institution of the Dalai Lama, and whether it should continue or not, is up to the Tibetan people. If they feel it is not relevant, then it will cease and there will be no 15th Dalai Lama. But if I die today I think they will want another Dalai Lama. The purpose of reincarnation is to fulfill the previous [incarnation's] life task. My life is outside Tibet, therefore my reincarnation will logically be found outside. But then, the next question: Will the Chinese accept this or not? China will not accept. The Chinese government most probably will appoint another Dalai Lama, like it did with the Panchen Lama. Then there will be two Dalai Lamas: one, the Dalai Lama of the Tibetan heart, and one that is officially appointed.

See bolded bit. Its a possibility.

That means there may not be a Dalai Lama, not that there would be a Dalai Lama born in the West.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Lackadaisical2
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Lackadaisical2 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Iiiiiin this corner, weighing in at 153 pounds and standing 5'7" tall, we have an Indian nationalist, debating out of Dubuque Iowa, with a record of 16 wins, 37 losses, and one flame. NIIIGHTKILL!

And in the opposite corner...
Great Nepal wrote:I dont see it odd at all. India has been welding influence since ages, and has dont no good. If Nepal can get closer to China, then it could do better. As for maoist thing: I dont support most of their policies: but foreign policy is something which I do support.

...we have a Nepalese nationalist, weighing in at 168 pounds and standing 6'1" tall. Debating out of London England with a record of 4 wins, 62 losses and 3 bans. GREAT NEPAL!

The rules of this cage match are simple, no biting, no ad hominems and no debating below the belt.
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Proud member of the Vile Right-Wing Noodle Combat Division of the Imperialist Anti-Socialist Economic War Army Ground Force reporting in.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:12 pm

Lackadaisical2 wrote:

Iiiiiin this corner, weighing in at 153 pounds and standing 5'7" tall, we have an Indian nationalist, debating out of Dubuque Iowa, with a record of 16 wins, 37 losses, and one flame. NIIIGHTKILL!

And in the opposite corner...

...we have a Nepalese nationalist, weighing in at 168 pounds and standing 6'1" tall. Debating out of London England with a record of 4 wins, 62 losses and 3 bans. GREAT NEPAL!

The rules of this cage match are simple, no biting, no ad hominems and no debating below the belt.

:rofl:
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:13 pm

Greater Tezdrian wrote:His Holiness has stated several times that his reincarnation will be born within the West,

Source?

http://www.tricycle.com/p/2077

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:14 pm

Greater Tezdrian wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Source?

http://www.tricycle.com/p/2077

He stated a 'free country', not necessarily the West.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General