NATION

PASSWORD

Debt Ceiling To Be GOP "Leverage Moment"

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:00 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Maurepas wrote: :lol2:

Should've nominated Hillary, I think she has more.

Anthony Weiner probably has the most.

Oh, no doubt, I would personally donate money and campaign for an Anthony Weiner Presidency. The State of the Unions would be hilarious.

The Romulan Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The Romulan Republic » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:01 pm

Maurepas wrote:
SaintB wrote:He pulls them out and sets them on his desk but as soon as someone threatens to kick them he hides again.

:lol2:

If her campaign is any indication, she has no more integrity than George Bush did.

Towards the end, she was virtually running on "I'm white."
"Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes" When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocracy." - President Abraham Lincoln.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:03 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
SaintB wrote:I'm sick of this 'leverage' shit. Its fucking the nation and the world over to pass an agenda only the most hardcore followers of the GOP agree with.

i am sick of the pretense that "the american people" want them to fuck us over with budget cuts that hurt the poor and the middle class and tax cuts that only benefit the rich.

Indeed.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Founded: May 08, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:03 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:So they're putting a gun to the head of the world economy? Wonderful.

Obama, now is your chance. Make it clear to everyone they're holding the world hostage to get their own short-sighted goals passed.

Oh you know Obama doesn't have the balls to do that.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:03 pm

The Romulan Republic wrote:

If her campaign is any indication, she has no more integrity than George Bush did.

Yeah, but to Bush's credit, he was never known for capitulating to anything. If I could get a George Bush for Progressives that wasn't retarded, I'd vote for it in a heartbeat.

The Romulan Republic
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Romulan Republic » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:03 pm

I kind of hope Anthony Weiner runs in 2016.
"Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes" When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocracy." - President Abraham Lincoln.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:08 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Anthony Weiner probably has the most.

i love anthony weiner but i think he's looking to be mayor of new york city when bloomberg is finally done with it.
whatever

The Romulan Republic
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Romulan Republic » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:08 pm

Maurepas wrote:

Yeah, but to Bush's credit, he was never known for capitulating to anything. If I could get a George Bush for Progressives that wasn't retarded, I'd vote for it in a heartbeat.

I want someone who's principled, honest, and has a backbone.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:09 pm

I really like how he called out Boehner about his last name, "Come one man its ok we all know the truth anyway"
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:10 pm

Maurepas wrote:Yeah, but to Bush's credit, he was never known for capitulating to anything. If I could get a George Bush for Progressives that wasn't retarded, I'd vote for it in a heartbeat.

Which is why we should elect Weiner.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

The Romulan Republic
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Romulan Republic » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:10 pm

Ashmoria wrote:

i love anthony weiner but i think he's looking to be mayor of new york city when bloomberg is finally done with it.

Of course, he's still fairly young. He could work his way up: mayor, then governor, then do a Presidential run.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:11 pm

Agreed.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:12 pm

Ashmoria wrote:i love anthony weiner but i think he's looking to be mayor of new york city when bloomberg is finally done with it.

Of course, he's still fairly young. He could work his way up: mayor, then governor, then do a Presidential run.

By that time America'd all be China's bitch, bankrupt, or both.

Or India's bitch. If it's the latter, then I want a weak leader with no balls.
Last edited by Nightkill the Emperor on Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:14 pm

A man who stands erect, firm and resolved against the dangers inherent with high national debt, his love for the American people gushing out of every pore.

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:15 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
Trotskylvania wrote:So they're putting a gun to the head of the world economy? Wonderful.

Obama, now is your chance. Make it clear to everyone they're holding the world hostage to get their own short-sighted goals passed.

He might. We haven't seen him in a situation where he cannot negotiate yet.
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:15 pm

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Which is why we should elect Weiner.

A man who stands erect, firm and resolved against the dangers inherent with high national debt, his love for the American people gushing out of every pore.

:rofl:
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Kongra
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kongra » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:15 pm

Maurepas wrote:...a George Bush for Progressives that wasn't retarded...

This phrase is some kind of oxymoron singularity. :rofl:
Economic Left/Right: -6.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.51

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:17 pm

Ashmoria wrote:i love anthony weiner but i think he's looking to be mayor of new york city when bloomberg is finally done with it.

well he needs to. no one ever goes from the house to the presidency.

not that a new york jew married to a muslim has much chance of getting the southern vote.
whatever

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:20 pm

Wamitoria wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:

He might. We haven't seen him in a situation where he cannot negotiate yet.

Please, he's a pussy. He'll always find a way to make concession because he wants to be "bipartisan", despite the fact that The Republicans do NOT. Honestly, he's like an abused housewife who keeps telling her friends that he's really a nice guy, he's just super stressed about his job and it was her fault that he gave her a shiner.

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:He might. We haven't seen him in a situation where he cannot negotiate yet.

Please, he's a pussy. He'll always find a way to make concession because he wants to be "bipartisan", despite the fact that The Republicans do NOT.

They gave concessions on the budget.

Sorratsin
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorratsin » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:24 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Anthony Weiner probably has the most.

I'm not a fan of his position on drugs and Israel.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:26 pm

Wamitoria wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:
Please, he's a pussy. He'll always find a way to make concession because he wants to be "bipartisan", despite the fact that The Republicans do NOT.

They gave concessions on the budget.

After how many times of changing their mind and stall tactics?

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:27 pm

Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:27 pm

Sorratsin wrote:

I'm not a fan of his position on drugs and Israel.

are his positions different from every other american politician's?
whatever

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:27 pm

Wilgrove wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:They gave concessions on the budget.

After how many times of changing their mind and stall tactics?

And losing most of the things their base wanted...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General