NATION

PASSWORD

Splitting the GDP graph down further or showing sector sizes

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Aston
Civil Servant

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Splitting the GDP graph down further or showing sector sizes

Postby Aston » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:19 pm

Evening all,

I don't think I can find any thread suggesting this (cue someone else searching deeper and finding one...)

But I'd like a graph that basically cuts down the economy into sectors a little more - for example my nations private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining industries but I'd be curious to know how much of it is those three and how much are the other sectors like gambling, information technology sector and most importantly cheese export.

And actually looking my public sector - be curious to know the size of my armed forces as part of my working population (along with the other sectors)

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:31 pm

Someone did suggest this a while back...can't remember what the answer was. Although I think it would be great idea.

Lordieth
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 18, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:01 pm

Seconded. I would really like to have that.
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

Czardas
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 25, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Czardas » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:29 pm

Thirded. (I think I asked for that before the feature went live, actually.... response was "we'll wait and see before deciding whether or not to add any more".)
30 | she/her | USA | ✡︎ | ☭ | ♫

I have devised a truly marvelous signature, which this textblock is too small to contain

Holaloperho
Envoy

Founded: Jan 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Holaloperho » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:27 am

I really like this idea too. But I think it will be better if we are able to see the total GDP of a country and how much each sector contribute in the form of money.
It is painful to know too much;
yet I always keen to know more.

Please join the region of Sanctuary, we provide protection for nations that have been ejected and banned because their region have been invaded.
Thank you :)

Aston
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Aston » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:11 pm

Glad it is not just me that wants it

Lordieth
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 18, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:26 pm

I would stage a sit-in protest for this - that's how much I want it. Knowing the size of my Cheese Export Industry is vital to the stat freak within.
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:12 pm

I think you could make a bad ass economic calculator with the industry calculations. I've been doing some preliminary computations using the major industry offered as an alternative method for determining a region's economic make-up over NSEconomy.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Itinerate Tree Dweller
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Itinerate Tree Dweller » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:41 am

Holaloperho wrote:I really like this idea too. But I think it will be better if we are able to see the total GDP of a country and how much each sector contribute in the form of money.

Wouldn't this render most of the external calculators useless or at least potentially inaccurate?
The Illustrious Empire of the United Romans and the Commonwealth Territories (PMT)
Emperor Regulus Serius Sirius - Prime Minister Tiberius Serius Primulus - Foreign Secretary Jeffery Kandel
Factbook - Military - Embassy Exchange - NSwiki Entry - NS Economy Page - The United Reddit Nations
Serius Industries - News Feed - NS Tracker Page - National Website - Player Info - CAPINTERN
Emperor Primus Serius Sirius - Prime Minister Cassius Serius Sirius - Foreign Secretary Matthew Stonewall
Factbook - Fleet - Embassy Exchange - NSwiki Entry

Jolt Veteran +2,228 posts - Oderint dum metuant - Current Status: Peace
Max Berries are part of a balanced breakfast.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical