NATION

PASSWORD

Need help on very important issue

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Slaytesics
Minister

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Need help on very important issue

Postby Slaytesics » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:25 pm

orkers across the nation have gone out on indefinite strike over what they claim are substandard wages in the Automobile Manufacturing industry.

The Debate

"We are the backbone of this country, and we demand a fair wage rise!" says union leader Fleur Rifkin. "I don't think a 20% increase over two years is too much to ask. Unless the government forces employers to give us our due, we'll shut this whole industry down! Let's see how well Slaytesics's economy manages without any Automobile Manufacturing, huh?"

"We pay our employees very generous wages," says employer representative Falala Hendrikson. "Especially when you consider that without us, they'd be OUT ON THE STREET. Hear that, you scumbags? OUT ON THE STREET! Anyway, my point is, if you cave in, you make our entire industry uncompetitive. You can't do that in the global marketplace. It'll hurt the whole country. The best solution, economically speaking, would be to relax industrial laws and allow us to fire troublemakers on the spot."

Please help me my automobile business literaly gives me all of my money and quickly *bump*
Last edited by Slaytesics on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My favorite quotes.

Ballotonia wrote:Total BS.
Wanna meet girls? Go play Farmville.
Ballotonia

Timurid Empire wrote:I do not understand people like this. How can you fear any human being or interaction with them? We are all Human, and we all bleed the same. Unless their a Hemophiliac.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:(Image)

Ranbo wrote:Heey! I'm not perv!

You name it, you claim it. You were the one that thought of it in the first place. :p

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Re: Need help on very important issue

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:43 am

Don't choose option #1: if you give the workers in this industry such a major pay-rise then all of your other workers will go on strike in the hope of similar rises and it will seriously hurt your nation's economy...
Option #2 boosts the economy, but might lower 'civil rights' slightly.

If in doubt, dismiss...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Cynthia McKinney
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 11, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Need help on very important issue

Postby Cynthia McKinney » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:33 pm

dismiss

Twigica
Envoy

Founded: Jul 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Twigica » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:56 pm

Option 2. Option 1 damages your economy whereas number 2 helps it.
All hail the Modness, Reppy!
*/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ
This is Koji. Copy and paste Koji to your sig so he can acheive world domination.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:*stumbles in through door*
*opens stationery cupboard*
*throws contents randomly around the room*
"The stuff in this cupboard, is not *hic*...stationary anymore"
"Ah..I fuhkin luv you guys"
*Hic*
*Falls asleep on floor*
*Sleep-barfs*

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
EvilDarkMagicians wrote:I hope when he steps down he trips and falls into a vat of acid.

As curses go, very uncreative. No points for you.
I hope his grandchildren are born brown and gay. :)

Return to Got Issues?