NATION

PASSWORD

SVG files?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Sorgan
Senator

Founded: Jun 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

SVG files?

Postby Sorgan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:31 am

I need some help with a flag I tried to save from SVG Flag Generator. I telegrammed a mod and they told me to post it here. So the problem is it saves as either a SVG or a CGI. And Paint.NET won't recognize it so I can't convert it. And a converter won't work. So i thought maybe take a screenshot and then take out the excess but I can't find a screenshot program. So to the more technical population of NS. I ask you,What do I do?

Sirocco
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Re: SVG files?

Postby Sirocco » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:41 am

Irfanview is good for screenshots.

Pythagosaurus
Cute Purple Dinosaur

Founded: Nov 24, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Pythagosaurus » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:44 am

I assume you're using Windows (otherwise you'd probably know how to google). I haven't used Windows in years, but last time I checked, Prnt Scrn (or maybe with Ctrl or Alt) will take a screenshot and put it in the clipboard. Then you just paste it into paint. For Mac/Linux, 'convert' from ImageMagick will convert SVGs to anything you can imagine. On Linux (may also work on Mac, but their windowing systems have some differences), 'import' from ImageMagick or scrot or The Gimp (likely works on Linux, Mac, and Windows) will take screenshots.

Bluth Corporation
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bluth Corporation » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:04 pm

Pythagosaurus wrote:I assume you're using Windows (otherwise you'd probably know how to google).

Unnecessarily condescending...
The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation
Capital: Newport Beach, Shostakovich | Starting Quarterback: Peyton Manning #18 | Company President: Michael Bluth

Champions of: World Bowl X

You should really be using Slackware

Pythagosaurus
Cute Purple Dinosaur

Founded: Nov 24, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Pythagosaurus » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:25 pm

That's my job. 8)

Sorgan
Senator

Founded: Jun 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorgan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:34 pm

Pythagosaurus wrote:I assume you're using Windows (otherwise you'd probably know how to google). I haven't used Windows in years, but last time I checked, Prnt Scrn (or maybe with Ctrl or Alt) will take a screenshot and put it in the clipboard. Then you just paste it into paint. For Mac/Linux, 'convert' from ImageMagick will convert SVGs to anything you can imagine. On Linux (may also work on Mac, but their windowing systems have some differences), 'import' from ImageMagick or scrot or The Gimp (likely works on Linux, Mac, and Windows) will take screenshots.

Thank you. :lol:

Return to Technical