NATION

PASSWORD

The World Assembly Strangers' Bar

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Meekinos
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2004
Ex-Nation

Re: The World Assembly Strangers' Bar

Postby Meekinos » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:31 am

Finally having received her shot of Ouzo, Alexia raised the glass, proclaiming cheers in her mother tongue before downing the liquid in a single fell swoop. The empty shot glass was slammed down onto the counter. She needed a refill and badly.
Ambassador Gavriil Floros
Meekinos' Official WA Ambassador
Deputy Treasurer, North Pleides Merchant's Syndicate
CEO & Financial Manager of Delta Energy Ltd.
Madame Elina Nikodemos
Executive Senior Delegate
Educator
The Hellenic Republic of Meekinos
Factbook: Your Friendly Guide to Meekinos
The paranoid, isolationist, xenophobic capitalists.

Murray the Evil Skull
Envoy

Founded: Mar 17, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Murray the Evil Skull » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:54 am

Meanwhile, the Skull(who, by the way, answers to the name of Murray) turned his malevolent attention to the Shrine of the Manifestation. The shine was getting a little dusty since the Kawaiians had been absent for awhile.
"The place needs a little sprucing up in case any Kawaiian pilgrims show up. It probally could use a little marketing as well. After all, the Cute One doesn't manifest just anywhere.", Murray thought evilly.

A WA staffer, from one of the myriad delegation walked past the bar after leaving the bathroom. Before he could sit down, the Skull spang into action.
"Hey you! Fleshbag!", Murray yelled.
"Meeeee?" said the staffer in a tentaive voice.

"Yes you, Fleshbag! Grab that featherduster and dust up this shirine, and afterwards I need you to run an errand for me.", answered Murray.
"But I......"
"Talk to the Hand, Mortal!"
"But you don't have a hand....."
"Move, Mortal!", Murray said in an authoritative, and slightly menacing voice.

Soon the staffer was dusting and cleaning up the shrine, and after a quick conference with the Skull, left the bar, and came back with some type of tickets, which were placed in a bowl, next to Murray. Soon Murray's voice was heard saying,
"Welcome to the Shrine of the manifestation. Yes, Mortals! On this very spot, and aspect of the Cute One Manifested itsef, to the awe and delight of Kawaiians everywhere. Who knows, it may manifest again. Step right up and pay you respects. And, for leaving a donation, you will recieve a free pass to Murrayland(TM), Nationstates' EVILEST Theme Park, MYUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! May the Cute One Be Praised!"
Last edited by Murray the Evil Skull on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Murray the Evil Skull for WA Leader!
In your heart, you know He's right!

Warning: the player posts in Character, and will respond in Character.

Meekinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Meekinos » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:59 am

Alexia sighed at the sound of an arrogant voice that appeared to dominant the area of the bar she was sitting in. Why oh why did she opt to sit here when there were so many other places in which to wallow in the depths of self-indulgent tripe while squandering one's money in a way becoming of a Meekinosian.

She picked up the shot glass and wandered over, giving the shrine a disdainful glance before she conspicuously kicked it and continued on her way. She would have ignored it it not for the unsavoury individual who was being a general nuisance.
Madame Elina Nikodemos
Educator

Murray the Evil Skull
Envoy

Postby Murray the Evil Skull » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:06 am

Murray watched the shrine desecrator walk away. With great indignation Murray said,
"Alright, Mortal! Just for that, I'm going to put an EVIL curse on you! Thats it, you're cursed! You are going to have such a rash!"

:lol:

Meekinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Meekinos » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:10 am

Alexia was unimpressed.

She arched a thin eyebrow at Murray and condescendingly remarked, "I'm sorry, did you say something? What's that? An evil curse? Does that involve some kind of hocus-pocus Voodoo powers?"
Madame Elina Nikodemos
Educator

Murray the Evil Skull
Envoy

Postby Murray the Evil Skull » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:30 am

"MYUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! You'll see, Mortal! The Cute One will not be Mocked! Just ask Neville.", Murray answered.

"By the way, Mortal! I like your moxie! Have a free pass to Murrayland(TM)!"

Absolvability
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Absolvability » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:09 am

-Things were getting busy. Antonius put another shot where it belonged and slammed the glass back upon the bar along with a resounding, "Ungh! That's fucking delicious!" Though his face said otherwise. The bottle was forsaken and he carefully laid Elena down to the bar that he might turn and address the odd goings on.-

Genocide, you say? Meh... do we really have to talk about it here? Now!?

-The color drained from his face just thinking about such a topic. And of course, in the background, he had to listen to Murray blabbing his fool head off (Ooooh, maybe that's how it happened,) to Alexia. This was all getting quite noisy and bothersome. He laid a hand to Nigel's shoulder, bidding him quiet farewell with promise to return later... and headed towards Ambassador Mongkha a bit stumbley bumbley.-

Well, well, well. Look who's back in town.
Antonius Veloci
Ambassador of The Event Horizon of Absolvability

Qumkent
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Qumkent » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:28 am

Absolvability wrote:- He laid a hand to Nigel's shoulder, bidding him quiet farewell with promise to return later... and headed towards Ambassador Mongkha a bit stumbley bumbley.-

Well, well, well. Look who's back in town.

Mongkha looked up from his ruminations, to see a rather jolly and lopsided Antonius swaying towards to him.

"How do you do Ambassador ? Have you been celebrating something ? Would you care to join us ? " Mongkha looks at Tarmashirin, who for a moment is nonplussed, and then realises he is expected to move out of the way for an Ambassador, "Oh and can we offer you some Champagne ? Bengen tea ? What is your Excellency's poison ?" Mongkha asks Antonius
Last edited by Qumkent on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mongkha, Khan of Kashgar, Ambassador to the World Assembly for the Autonomous Principality of Qumkent, a constituent state of the Confederated Sublime Khanate of Urgench

Learn more about the CSKU here - http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=Urgench

Absolvability
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Absolvability » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:58 am

Very well indeed, since you ask. -Antonius offered a thin smile... smiling because he was nearing drunk, and thin because he didn't realize he was doing it.- I've been celebrating my first visit to this bar, actually. And now I'll begin celebrating your offer.

-Tarmashirin would find that his brief lack of attention would be rewarded. There was no need for him to move... Antonius didn't generally expect special treatment for his title. He had been brought up poor and never suspected that anybody should give him anything. So, without further ado, Antonius groped out for the back of a nearby chair and pulled it, legs grating across the floor, over to Ambassador Mongkha's table.- Well lets see... I've already had some tea this evening, lets see about that champagne.

-Antonius didn't really have refined taste... but, at the moment, he doubted very much his taste buds were working properly anyway. He dropped down into the chair he'd procured, straddling it with forearms draped across the back to dangle absent-mindedly drumming fingertips upon the tabletop.-
I was under the impression that you'd resigned from the World Assembly, Ambassador. Change your mind?
Antonius Veloci

Cats Keep
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 27, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Cats Keep » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:15 pm

Proof? the honored repereseantative asked for proof? Khatt nodded firmly

"Oh, yes I do." From his messenger bag he pulled out CD dics, security camera tapes, folders filled with official memos, and several tape recorders. "These were smuggled out the GeeSee at the risk of peoples lives, or obtained by Keepian Shadow operatives."

He laid them before the honored representative.

Qumkent
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Qumkent » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:21 pm

Absolvability wrote:Very well indeed, since you ask. -Antonius offered a thin smile... smiling because he was nearing drunk, and thin because he didn't realize he was doing it.- I've been celebrating my first visit to this bar, actually. And now I'll begin celebrating your offer.

-Tarmashirin would find that his brief lack of attention would be rewarded. There was no need for him to move... Antonius didn't generally expect special treatment for his title. He had been brought up poor and never suspected that anybody should give him anything. So, without further ado, Antonius groped out for the back of a nearby chair and pulled it, legs grating across the floor, over to Ambassador Mongkha's table.- Well lets see... I've already had some tea this evening, lets see about that champagne.

-Antonius didn't really have refined taste... but, at the moment, he doubted very much his taste buds were working properly anyway. He dropped down into the chair he'd procured, straddling it with forearms draped across the back to dangle absent-mindedly drumming fingertips upon the tabletop.-
I was under the impression that you'd resigned from the World Assembly, Ambassador. Change your mind?

Mongkha smiled politely, and using a loud tone of voice ( which is to say a normal tone for non Urgenchis ) said " Yes your Excellency, the Confederated Sublime Khanate of Urgench of which I was formerly Ambassador, has indeed resigned the WA. I am here as the Ambassador of the Principality of Qumkent, which is a semi autonomous principality within the CSKU. Urgench is a confederation of a huge number of states all with various levels of independence of the Imperial government, Qumkent, like Zanjan or Nakchevan, is independent to the degree that it may make its own foreign policy. The Prince of Qumkent has regarded it as a favour to the Imperial government to join the WA and employ me as his Ambassador in order that Urgench may still have a voice and a vote here."

Mongkha sipped his Bengen tea, its hallucinatory and empathogenic effects were beginning to kick in, but as a habitual user the elderly Khan hardly noticed them. The Champagne arrived, glasses were filled.

"Shall we toast your Excellency ? To change and to new friends ? " Mongkha sipped his champagne, and scowled at Tarmashirin who was about to take a sip of his champagne too but did not in light of Mongkha's disapproval.

"So tell me Ambassador, how do you like the Strangers bar ? Have you payed your respects at the Kawaiian shrine yet ? I haven't " Mongkha laughed.
Mongkha, Khan of Kashgar, Ambassador to the World Assembly for the Autonomous Principality of Qumkent, a constituent state of the Confederated Sublime Khanate of Urgench

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:24 pm

Cats Keep wrote:Proof? the honored repereseantative asked for proof? Khatt nodded firmly

"Oh, yes I do." From his messenger bag he pulled out CD dics, security camera tapes, folders filled with official memos, and several tape recorders. "These were smuggled out the GeeSee at the risk of peoples lives, or obtained by Keepian Shadow operatives."

He laid them before the honored representative.

Nigel's eyes narrowed, as he glanced at the pile of evidence on the bar. "Well, then why don't you join the WA, and submit a condemnation?"
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Absolvability
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Absolvability » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:33 pm

Philimbesi wrote:Nigel's eyes narrowed, as he glanced at the pile of evidence on the bar. "Well, then why don't you join the WA, and submit a condemnation?"

-Quite pleased with himself for having left Nigel to be the sole entertainer of the feline Ambassador, Antonius couldn't resist looking back from time to time to see how the weird and ill-timed request for attention was coming along. Not so well, he thought to himself, though Nigel was doing a fair job of remaining polite.- Haha... the poor bastard...

-Facing front again he found himself confronted with a glass of champagne and wrapped his fingers delicately around the stem, eyes examining the color as well as transparency of the liquid as his wrist rolled to swirl it. Suddenly he looked up with disgust,- Oh, abandon your propriety, Ambassador. My name is Antonius, and there is nothing especially excellent about me. We may toast to new friends... so long as you refer to me as a friend might... -And, unless steered otherwise, he'd take a drink from the champagne... only a little more than was proper, considering such a rare treat should be savored. Instead, Antonius wrinkled his nose some as the aftertaste sank in.-

A splendid place. The... wha... oh, oh! Haha, no, I have not. My respects don't go to shrines, as it were, and my pay goes to Neville.
Antonius Veloci

Philimbesi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:43 pm

-Quite pleased with himself for having left Nigel to be the sole entertainer of the feline Ambassador, Antonius couldn't resist looking back from time to time to see how the weird and ill-timed request for attention was coming along. Not so well, he thought to himself, though Nigel was doing a fair job of remaining polite.- Haha... the poor bastard...

Nigel smiled to himself as he realized that if the right honorable ambassador from Absolvability didn't stop looking over here with the that self righteous, canary eating grin he would soon find himself as the head of the "WA special Task Force On Genocide In WA nations." At least as far as the Cats Keep visitor was concerned.

Ideological Bulwark #235

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:48 pm

Again, Bradford found himself entering the Strangers' Bar. To his enjoyment, the director of the Youth Outreach Program got his letter, and the irritating page was sent packing. With any hope, the shear amount of expletives in the letter would prevent another Y.O.P. attack on his offices.

He noticed Mongkha, and this unusually lightened his outlook. "Mongkha," he said with an almost distraught voice, "I was beginning to worry that the Urgench offices would go vacant." He took a seat at the table, purposefully ensuring that he was as far away from Antonious as possible. It would be noticed as purposeful because he grabbed one seat, noticed how close he was to the ambassador, and moved over to the other end of the table. He did so not with a sense of disgust, but with some other sentiment that one might have a few weeks after being recorded on tape saying "I've made it a point to all FAA employees to stay at least ten feet from any Absolvability diplomat -- their infliction might be contagious". To the Press Office's dismay, it was the GRNR (Glen-Rhodes National Radio) that recorded the stab.

"A lemon water, if you will," he gestured to the bartender. If anyone has read Glen-Rhodes press, they would know that Bradford is subject to serious lapses of judgment when drinking. He once phoned the President and... well, we really shouldn't go there.
Last edited by Glen-Rhodes on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cats Keep
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 27, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Cats Keep » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:52 pm

"Well, then why don't you join the WA, and submit a condemnation?"

Khatt sighed. He'd been warned that the World Assembly wouldn't do anything. "Because it's your place to police your memebers. Other wise what are you but a bunch of nosey parkers who want to control everyone else...but yourselves. A bunch of do as I say not as I do."

"You want to make all these rules of conduct and being civilized but the one nation in my region that is a part of your supposedly 'august body' conducts open and unabashed genocide, and deprives its citizens of their rights, while you do nothing." He hadn't quite believed them when he'd been warned, he'd thought surely that the World Assembly would uphold it's ideals.

"So those resolutions mean absolutely nothing, they're just pretty words on paper."
"Ecotourists will be shot. Enviromentalists will be fed to the wildlife."

Self-reliant, each loner swims alone through the social world—a world of teams, troops & groups—which scorns & misunderstands those who stand apart. Loners know better than anyone how to entertain themselves—and how to contemplate and to create. They have a knack for imagination, concentration, inner discipline, & invention—a talent for not being bored." That's me!

Philimbesi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:02 pm

Cats Keep wrote:"Well, then why don't you join the WA, and submit a condemnation?"

Khatt sighed. He'd been warned that the World Assembly wouldn't do anything. "Because it's your place to police your memebers. Other wise what are you but a bunch of nosey parkers who want to control everyone else...but yourselves. A bunch of do as I say not as I do."

"You want to make all these rules of conduct and being civilized but the one nation in my region that is a part of your supposedly 'august body' conducts open and unabashed genocide, and deprives its citizens of their rights, while you do nothing." He hadn't quite believed them when he'd been warned, he'd thought surely that the World Assembly would uphold it's ideals.

"So those resolutions mean absolutely nothing, they're just pretty words on paper."

Nigel frowned, ahh the "Do nothing defense" "My feline friend there are over 10,000 nations in this body policing them would be a full time job and each ambassador in this does really have to help run their own nation.

Honestly, did you really expect to come into this bar, walk up to one of us and then have us run down the hall screaming "Genocide! Genoncide!! While some of the nations on the outside believe that's the way it happens generally it doesn't.

Furthermore, it's generally poor taste to criticize the operations of the body that you are asking help from. Apart from laying a bunch of documents and media that could just as easily been forged and then asking me to lay it my reputation on the line I'd appreciate if you could name on instance.

However to prove to you that we aren't a bunch of do-nothing drunks, and that we are exactly quite the opposite, do -something drunks I will take this evidence and review it. In the mean time I suggest you speak either to my disembodied friend on the end of the bar. " Nigel pointed over to Antonius, "or maybe to the soon to be appointed head of the WA Task Force on Genocide, his name is Antonius, wonderful chap, likes to talk about time machines... also religion, and how important it is."

Nigel collected the media that the visitor laid on the table and headed out to his office. Nodding deeply at Antonius.
Last edited by Philimbesi on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ideological Bulwark #235

Qumkent
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Qumkent » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:10 pm

Absolvability wrote:-Facing front again he found himself confronted with a glass of champagne and wrapped his fingers delicately around the stem, eyes examining the color as well as transparency of the liquid as his wrist rolled to swirl it. Suddenly he looked up with disgust,- Oh, abandon your propriety, Ambassador. My name is Antonius, and there is nothing especially excellent about me. We may toast to new friends... so long as you refer to me as a friend might... -And, unless steered otherwise, he'd take a drink from the champagne... only a little more than was proper, considering such a rare treat should be savored. Instead, Antonius wrinkled his nose some as the aftertaste sank in.-

A splendid place. The... wha... oh, oh! Haha, no, I have not. My respects don't go to shrines, as it were, and my pay goes to Neville.

Mongkha smiled at Antonius, "I apologise Antonius, we Urgenchis are excessively formal by nature, with us it is considered impolite to refer to others by their first names and not make proper recognition of their status, be assured that if an Urgenchi thinks very poorly of you indeed they will likely call you by your first name. Of course I forget, being as I am very old ", Mongkha laughs slightly, " that other peoples do not hold with such customs and I am very pleased to call you Antonius. "

Glen-Rhodes wrote:Again, Bradford found himself entering the Strangers' Bar. To his enjoyment, the director of the Youth Outreach Program got his letter, and the irritating page was sent packing. With any hope, the shear amount of expletives in the letter would prevent another Y.O.P. attack on his offices.

He noticed Mongkha, and this unusually lightened his outlook. "Mongkha," he said with an almost distraught voice, "I was beginning to worry that the Urgench offices would go vacant." He took a seat at the table, purposefully ensuring that he was as far away from Antonius as possible. It would be noticed as purposeful because he grabbed one seat, noticed how close he was to the ambassador, and moved over to the other end of the table. He did so not with a sense of disgust, but with some other sentiment that one might have a few weeks after being recorded on tape saying "I've made it a point to all FAA employees to stay at least ten feet from any Absolvability diplomat -- their infliction might be contagious". To the Press Office's dismay, it was the GRNR (Glen-Rhodes National Radio) that recorded the stab.

"A lemon water, if you will," he gestured to the bartender. If anyone has read Glen-Rhodes press, they would know that Bradford is subject to serious lapses of judgment when drinking. He once phoned the President and... well, we really shouldn't go there.

"Ah Dr Castro, you look hale and hearty. Indeed none of you is yet free to breath easy, Urgench's awful spectre still haunts these halls,if filtered through the prism of my service to the Prince of Qumkent. " Mongkha laughs, he ignores the antipathy between the two other Ambassadors.

"What think we of the prospects for the repeal of the Science in Schools statute ? Do you think it will be successful Dr Castro ? Antonius ? "

Absolvability
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Absolvability » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:35 pm

-An eyebrow raised as Dr. Castro appeared... paid momentary tribute to Mongkha's presense, and began to join them. A brief hesitation was evident in his action as he decided against sitting beside Antonius, where it seemed most convenient, and moved more towards Mongkha. Antonius didn't think much of it, either way.- Good evening, Doctor.

-Politics was one thing. A bar was something quite different. Notwithstanding the unfortunate fact that Antonius didn't know anybody here well enough to discuss anything beyond the happenings of the WA, he really hadn't come here with business in mind.- I understand your formality... in fact, I admire it. But you see, I am much more proud of my name than of my title.

-While Mongkha greeted his friend Antonius took the liberty of removing some more champagne from its glass home. The aftertaste wasn't so bad anymore, and he swished his tongue around the cool fluid for a moment before swallowing.- Aaaaah.... -Now he was starting to appreciate the stuff. Hell, he'd be an officianado in no time.-

The repeal, you say? -Antonius repeated... just to make sure he was every bit as unlucky as he gathered. To be seated with these two gentlemen, regardless of the friendly circumstances, discussing this particular matter. He swallowed, most suddenly dry-throated,- Bleah... it will pass, I have almost no doubt. My question is; do you two have any plans on replacing it?

-From his periphery he spied Nigel on his way out. A head turned and he offered a bit of a smile to him...- Leaving so soon? -Nigel seemed to be in a bit of a hurry though. So Antonius chuckled to himself... totally unaware that he may very well have been set up.-
Antonius Veloci

The Golden Simatar
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 19, 2003
Ex-Nation

Postby The Golden Simatar » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:37 pm

The girl that moved through the crowd was dressed in a simple navy blue skirt and white shirt, a purse hung off her shoulder. Her brown hair was tied into a ponytail, her emerald green eyes sparkled. She looked slightly out of place, appearing barely twenty-years old. She had an identification tag on the shirt that read 'The Golden Simatar World Aseembly Identification Card - Intern: Samantha Bloc'. In her hand she held a full glass of a clear liquid.

She was moving from the exit as the named named Nigel walking towards the exit with a stack of folders and CDs under his arm. She looked away for a brief second before slamming into him, her drink emptying onto the papers and CDs.

"Oh sweet Jesus! Oh God!" She said with a panic. "Oh God I'm so sorry, her let me help clear that up."

She pulled a handkerchief from her purse and tried to dab away the liquid that had spread to his arm. "Oh God I'm sorry, my fault, I've only been here a few days and everything is still rather new."

Philimbesi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:03 am

The Golden Simatar wrote: She pulled a handkerchief from her purse and tried to dab away the liquid that had spread to his arm. "Oh God I'm sorry, my fault, I've only been here a few days and everything is still rather new."

Nigel on the other hand was accustomed to leaving the Stranger's Bar covered in liquid of some kind, brushed off his clothes, and began to shake the papers in his hand. "No, young lady it's fine, might I ask what I've been doused with miss... " Nigel read the brunettes tag. "Bloc is it, from nation of the Golden Simatar" Nigel slowed at that last three words, while the Lagavulin and Captain Morgan he had been enjoying had dulled his sense of embarrassment they had done nothing to his sense of logic and Nigel started to put two and two together.

Nigel began to collect the wet papers. He had already taken the covered CD's from the Intern.
Last edited by Philimbesi on Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ideological Bulwark #235

The Golden Simatar
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Golden Simatar » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:32 am

"Yes, Samantha Bloc, I was just getting a celebratory drink before heading home tomorrow for next quarter at Karnotz University. I was told I got a gin and tonic, though I think it was more gin than tonic." Samantha continued to try and help cleaning the man up in a nervous, overexcited fashion. She wiped off the CDs in her hands shortly before he took them away. She then helped collect and tried to blot away the liquid from some of the papers. The some of the pages were wet pulp and while on others the ink was running. She looked distressed.

"Oh shit, sorry...oh shit. I hope it wasn't anything too important. If you want, I can stay around longer and retype or fix whatever I destroyed."

Philimbesi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:39 am

The Golden Simatar wrote:"Yes, Samantha Bloc, I was just getting a celebratory drink before heading home tomorrow for next quarter at Karnotz University. I was told I got a gin and tonic, though I think it was more gin than tonic." Samantha continued to try and help cleaning the man up in a nervous, overexcited fashion. She wiped off the CDs in her hands shortly before he took them away. She then helped collect and tried to blot away the liquid from some of the papers. The some of the pages were wet pulp and while on others the ink was running. She looked distressed.

"Oh shit, sorry...oh shit. I hope it wasn't anything too important. If you want, I can stay around longer and retype or fix whatever I destroyed."

"Nothing important, just some light reading." Nigel said. "So I've never been to The Golden Simatar... what's it like there. "

Ideological Bulwark #235

The Golden Simatar
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Golden Simatar » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:15 am

"Well politically we're a bit of a right ol' mess at the moment. Last week Secretary of State Ali Dayan was sworn in as President because former Vice President turned President Wesley Yellen was booted from office because he signed thirteen executive orders in a year and a half...most Presidents don't sign half that many in their six year term. Yellen himself took over from Alexander Puroc who was booted for taking bribes and doing back room deals and basically exploiting the office for profit. But Dayan seems pretty good, he just gave a speech today about change in the way we've been dealing with hostile vampires and werecreatures. So yeah, we're a bit messed up at the moment when it comes to politics." Samantha spoke with a bit of a nervous energy and chuckled at the end.

"But otherwise we're great. We have thousands of miles of national parks, if you like hiking, biking, rock climbing, kayaking, fishing...hell we have areas strictly for hunting, only during certain seasons and under very strict guidelines of course. We have a thriving entertainment industry, our military lags behind the times as it were, but I think we're starting to get our butts moving on that. We have universal health care and unlike what people tell you, universal health care, at least how we run it goes very smoothly and when I busted by leg when I was thirteen skateboarding, I was seen within twenty-minutes after getting to the hospital."

Samantha smiled and gave a bit of a nod at the end. "Is there anything you're looking for? I'm not a travel guide but I've been around most of the entire country and can recommend some places."

Philimbesi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:24 am

"Vampires and werecreatures? A problem are they?" Nigel questioned.

Ideological Bulwark #235

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly