NATION

PASSWORD

How to declare war?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Queen Diana Steward
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: How to declare war?

Postby Queen Diana Steward » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:08 pm

It is the only way sorry.
Queen Diana Steward
GDP:50 Billion Queen Steward Marks
Income Tax Rate:37 Percent
Military:
50,000 Active Units/100,000 Reserves
Standard Issue Helicopter:
1,000 Mil Mi 8MTV:
-Wing stubs with 3 hardpoints each, capable of mounting two minigun gun pods, and four 5-shot Hellfire missile batteries.
- More powerful engines to make heli capable of lifting 6 tons.
- Two miniguns mounted in rotating gunpod under the cockpit

United Europe1233
Envoy

Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby United Europe1233 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:09 pm

Fine, ill just ask the guy that telegrammed me.

Im just gonna say it alot clearer:

X has just registered on this game. I want to know if there is a way to see the newly registered players.
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 5
Military Info
Army: 40 million
Marines: 30 million
Navy,Air Force, 10 million
Paratroopers: 20 million

Past Conflicts
United Europe-Grand Catalonia, Reformed Brittania -VICTORY (Surrender)

Current conflicts
United Europe-Pointorian Government
United Europe-Reformed Brittania

Falkasia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Falkasia » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:09 pm

OOC: Sorry Diana, lol. Not trying to overlook you. Well, it's as Diana said Europe. Regions detail who just joined. Ther eis no way, no list that has the join dates of all nations. Go to the South Pacific, North Pacific, Pacific, what have you, and it'll say, "Random nation was founded."
Universal Defense Consolidated Storefront
Dramatis Personae
Just for the record; I'm colorblind to Yellow
Falkasia is ranked 1st in the region and 1st in the world for Most Awesome Nations.

Queen Diana Steward
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Diana Steward » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:10 pm

OOC: Its ok i always get upstaged! :palm:
Queen Diana Steward
Military:
1,000 Mil Mi 8MTV:
-Wing stubs with 3 hardpoints each, capable of mounting two minigun gun pods, and four 5-shot Hellfire missile batteries.

United Europe1233
Envoy

Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby United Europe1233 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:11 pm

there we go, thanks :)
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 5
Military Info
Army: 40 million
Marines: 30 million
Navy,Air Force, 10 million
Paratroopers: 20 million

Past Conflicts
United Europe-Grand Catalonia, Reformed Brittania -VICTORY (Surrender)

Current conflicts
United Europe-Pointorian Government
United Europe-Reformed Brittania

Queen Diana Steward
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Diana Steward » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:13 pm

If you have any problems telegram me. I had the same answers as him so I dont know why your ignoring me.
Queen Diana Steward
Military:
1,000 Mil Mi 8MTV:

Eurythmia
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Eurythmia » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:18 pm

The Cosmic Balance wrote:Yes, war in NS is entirely imaginary, and generally (although not universally) agreed upon by all parties (including the ultimate outcome, within broad limits - or so it is with the best wars). It's not about winning, it's about storytelling more than anything else.

If you want wars that are run mathematically and games in which there are definite winners and losers, there are lots of those out there on the internet. Unfortunately, almost all of them reek, partly because you have to put up with having your nation terrorized by adolescents.

<Continuing the quoted post under another of my puppet states>

... As the CyberNations version of Eurythmia can attest. As a proud member of that game's oldest neutral/pacifist alliance, the Green Protection Agency, I had to endure spending a couple of months in "peace mode" and then paying huge reparations because somebody took offense at our alliance's tremendous economic success and decided to take us all down several pegs. Look up the "Woodstock Massacre" or (more popularly) "The War on Peace" in CNWiki for details.

"But that's real life!" I hear some of you say. "Nations throw their weight around all the time!" No, they don't - not like it gets thrown around in the "simulators" which - whatever else they may try to simulate - can't simulate the human factors that make world leaders prefer peace to war. As a consequence, CN and other games like it tend to be referred to unflattering as "Street Gangs For the Socially Inept™". Children send their imaginary warriors off to die "For Teh Lulz!!!" when RL leaders would never do anything like that. H-ll, even North Korea's Kim is reluctant to push things as far as people do in online games.

When the day comes that "nation simulators" can actually simulate such things as the conscience of leaders and war weariness, let me know. Until then, I'll consider all such attempts at "simulation" to be poor imitations of reality.

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:58 pm

Eurythmia wrote:When the day comes that "nation simulators" can actually simulate such things as the conscience of leaders and war weariness, let me know. Until then, I'll consider all such attempts at "simulation" to be poor imitations of reality.

I would bet that there is (or was) one, and it was deemed too uninteresting/hard/lame because you couldn't throw waves after waves of men at anything you wanted, so it's either not popular, or it's dead.

Er, at least for the latter. I'm not sure you could implement consciences without completely destroying the ability for freeform play.
Last edited by Santheres on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:15 am

At least one version of Civilisation had a 'war-weariness' factor...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Naivetry
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:58 pm

Santheres wrote:
Eurythmia wrote:When the day comes that "nation simulators" can actually simulate such things as the conscience of leaders and war weariness, let me know. Until then, I'll consider all such attempts at "simulation" to be poor imitations of reality.

I would bet that there is (or was) one, and it was deemed too uninteresting/hard/lame because you couldn't throw waves after waves of men at anything you wanted, so it's either not popular, or it's dead.

Er, at least for the latter. I'm not sure you could implement consciences without completely destroying the ability for freeform play.

It's called NS Gameplay. And it is in fact dying from weariness and a lack of new recruits.

So, in my neverending attempts to remedy the latter situation, see the military link in my sig for the alternative method of waging war.
Last edited by Naivetry on Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Lower Rhine II
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lower Rhine II » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:40 pm

United Europe1233 wrote:Fine, ill just ask the guy that telegrammed me.

hmmm...i almost had to do something for once

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical