NATION

PASSWORD

The Force Wars (Sign Up/OOC Thread FT ONLY)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Xenohumanity
Minister

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xenohumanity » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:42 pm

Posted IC.

Even Xenohumanity is reverting to it's old Todularian callsigns of religious crusading and intolerance of the foes of the the Todularian's Glorious Protectors, the Fractal Imperium of Man.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is no room for the opening of minds, the softening of hearts, or the deliverance of mercy.
In the name of the gene-pool!
Factbook - Officially Good Enough To Show The In-Laws

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:56 pm

So, just how many nations in this RP are based off the Imperium of Man, or other 40K races?
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

Xenohumanity
Minister

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xenohumanity » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Segmentia wrote:So, just how many nations in this RP are based off the Imperium of Man, or other 40K races?

We're not exactly based off the Imperium...
But we have it's methods (and zealous mindset (SCIENCE-flavored, not EMPRA-flavored)) stuck in our blood inseperably from our old Todularian ancestors (who were a forgotten protecterate of the Imperium's pants-on-head-retarded bureacracy).

ADDENDUM:
Genomita wrote:Xeno, please remind me to never give you a serious reason to want the Genomitans dead. I pity whoever will be on the receiving end of all that hatred.)

Sigging.
Last edited by Xenohumanity on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook - Officially Good Enough To Show The In-Laws

United Planets 1
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby United Planets 1 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:43 pm

The Steppe Empire wrote:We are getting more nations into the Neutral Sector still. Both Sides and the Sith Side needs more people through.

UP1: the thing about the Sith Plan is that they are planning on useing the Jedi to start the war. The Sith are trying to et The Galactic Republic to launch a attack against The Cimmarians but fooling the Jedi that The Cimmarian Samurais are planning on useing the Sith Holocrons (which they do have) to get more Sith Knowledge.

That's a negative, mainly because you didn't consulte me prior to planning to call me the war-starter, and secondly because my guys are Jedi, they wouldn't invade another nation (Much less in force), they follow the rules.

So either you get of your behind and come up with another way or I walk from this right now.

...I already had my doubts, don't confirm them.
The Galactic Republic of United Planets

Galactic Republic Factbook

The Steppe Empire
Minister

Founded: Jun 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The Steppe Empire » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:17 pm

I am already getting the feeling the RP is now out of my Control.......I am starting to think I started it too early before I could Explain to a few RPers thick heads the plot of how the war started.

Seems This RP is already being destroyed......

Telvira
Minister

Founded: Mar 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Telvira » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:21 pm

It's not ruined, it just looks like its shifting from a Force-based war to a more anti-Steppe war. Whether that's good or bad is up to you.
The United Empire of Telvira
Past Tech/Steampunk RP
Back under new management! Now controlled by the player behind Atlantian Dominions

The Steppe Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steppe Empire » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:25 pm

Telvira wrote:It's not ruined, it just looks like its shifting from a Force-based war to a more anti-Steppe war. Whether that's good or bad is up to you.

100% Bad. I was planning for more of a Story line for how the war started, but someone who I will not mention because He would start claiming I was unfair decided that HE did not want to be casted as The "bad Guy" which he would not be casted as a Bad Guy as in REAL war, there are Heroes and Villians on BOTH sides (in this case Four Sides).

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:40 pm

Epic opening post is epic.
Xis quote of the week: Altaria Almighty: how are you not just a race of sexual predators? Like who needs power armour and gauss rifles when you have leather and whips. –Karaig
The Kitsune Empire of Xiscapia's FT Factbook (V2.5)
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

The Steppe Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steppe Empire » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:43 pm

Telvira
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Telvira » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:45 pm

The Steppe Empire wrote:
Telvira wrote:It's not ruined, it just looks like its shifting from a Force-based war to a more anti-Steppe war. Whether that's good or bad is up to you.

100% Bad. I was planning for more of a Story line for how the war started, but someone who I will not mention because He would start claiming I was unfair decided that HE did not want to be casted as The "bad Guy" which he would not be casted as a Bad Guy as in REAL war, there are Heroes and Villians on BOTH sides (in this case Four Sides).

Maybe you should have consulted with him/her first before planning out the RP, instead of assuming they'd roll with whatever you had planned.

Xiscapia wrote:Epic opening post is epic.

Indeed.

You might even call Hirata a party admiral... :D
http://instantrimshot.com/
Last edited by Telvira on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Past Tech/Steampunk RP
Back under new management! Now controlled by the player behind Atlantian Dominions

The Steppe Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steppe Empire » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:48 pm

Telvira wrote:
The Steppe Empire wrote:

Maybe you should have consulted with him/her first before planning out the RP, instead of assuming they'd roll with whatever you had planned.

Indeed.

You might even call Hirata a party admiral!

I was going to talk to them, to try and REASON with the User behind the nation. I doubt he will go with anything. This RP is getting the Apperance of one that is starting to go down the drain.. :( :( :(

The Steppe Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steppe Empire » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:59 pm

I am going to make things clear to a few people just to make sure this RP will not end up like others I have tried to start only to fall into nothing.

One The opening part of the war before UP1 started gripeing on how it made him The Bad Guy, was for the Jedi to Be tricked into attacking a Cimmarian Temple World on Proof created by The Sith. causeing them to attack The Cimmarians on Fase info and starting a chain of events that would lead to war. I tried getting it through to him but He has Not listen. Also I would like it if a few would NOT start attacking anyone yet as I don't want this turned into a Anti-Steppe Thread like a few RPs turned into.

I am very pissed off that UP1 is not likeing the Storyline for the opening of the war.

Telvira
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Telvira » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:32 pm

Telvira wrote:Maybe you should have consulted with him/her first before planning out the RP, instead of assuming they'd roll with whatever you had planned.
Past Tech/Steampunk RP

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:32 pm

Telvira wrote:
The Steppe Empire wrote:

Indeed.

You might even call Hirata a party admiral... :D

A party admiral. *strokes chin* It does have a ring to it.

But that, accompanied by digital rimshot? Pure win.

I like you. Keep up the good work. 8)

The Steppe Empire wrote:I am going to make things clear to a few people just to make sure this RP will not end up like others I have tried to start only to fall into nothing.

Uh-oh.

The Steppe Empire wrote:One The opening part of the war before UP1 started gripeing on how it made him The Bad Guy, was for the Jedi to Be tricked into attacking a Cimmarian Temple World on Proof created by The Sith. causeing them to attack The Cimmarians on Fase info and starting a chain of events that would lead to war. I tried getting it through to him but He has Not listen.

Maybe UP1 didn't want to be cast as the bad guy? S/he is, after all, RPing a NS-version of the Galactic Republic, complete with the Jedi Order. Not to mention you can't really get worked up over someone not acting the way you want them to -your fellow RPers are their own people with their own styles, plans and agendas. Usually a RPer will work to accommodate another RPer, but they expect the same in return. In any event you can't really blame the guy/gal for just telling you straight that their nation can't be involved in such a thing, that's just how things work. Figure something else out.

The Steppe Empire wrote:Also I would like it if a few would NOT start attacking anyone yet as I don't want this turned into a Anti-Steppe Thread like a few RPs turned into.

That's cool. I can hold off for a while and shoot the breeze with Xeno's commander.

The Steppe Empire wrote:I am very pissed off that UP1 is not likeing the Storyline for the opening of the war.

Chill, dude. It's not the end of the RP, and in the end it's just a game anyway. Go get a nice tall one (milk if you're underage!), sit down with a pad and paper or at your computer, and brainstorm a new idea. Nothing's really happened yet, so it's not too late. We're all still here.
Xis quote of the week: Altaria Almighty: how are you not just a race of sexual predators? Like who needs power armour and gauss rifles when you have leather and whips. –Karaig
The Kitsune Empire of Xiscapia's FT Factbook (V2.5)
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

United Planets 1
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United Planets 1 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:27 am

I have an idea, seeing as I've apparently caused the problem here...

How about rather than a sneaky sith attack (Like the Sith since the Ruusan Reformation), we have this Darth Eliptica as the head of a Sith Empire that tries to invade the Milky Way Galaxy (Similar to the Sith Empires of the millenia prior to the Reformation, As they will be an NPC we should all decide on what they plan to do (Who to attack ect, and how they attack to avoid any problems). Unless of course someone want's to roleplay the Sith Empire seperate from their own nation. The Sith Empire should also have significantly higher numbers requring us to work together.

This means that unless someone wants to actually control the Sith Empire, then no one has to be the bad guy and still allows for all types of combat as well as Force-Users on the Front line.

Or is it that you want a war between you and other people you just don't want to be blamed for it? If that's the case, that is fine, just let us know and I'm pretty sure we can all come up with something, a misunderstanding perhaps that makes both sides think they are in the right, whilst the other think they are in the wrong (All maniupulated by the Sith perhaps?), and then the other RPers start taking sides based on how they signed up?
Last edited by United Planets 1 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:27 am

United Planets 1 wrote:I have an idea, seeing as I've apparently caused the problem here...

How about rather than a sneaky sith attack (Like the Sith since the Ruusan Reformation), we have this Darth Eliptica as the head of a Sith Empire that tries to invade the Milky Way Galaxy (Similar to the Sith Empires of the millenia prior to the Reformation, As they will be an NPC we should all decide on what they plan to do (Who to attack ect, and how they attack to avoid any problems). Unless of course someone want's to roleplay the Sith Empire seperate from their own nation. The Sith Empire should also have significantly higher numbers requring us to work together.

This means that unless someone wants to actually control the Sith Empire, then no one has to be the bad guy and still allows for all types of combat as well as Force-Users on the Front line.

I want to be the bad guy. And, doesn't that story kind of ruin the whole idea of this thread? That is, two sides being manipulated into war by a shadowy third faction (with a few xenophobes turning up to add to the fun)? Your idea is too typical and very boring compared to Steppe's, which has a much more interesting plot. I'm not looking for another "OMG WAR!!!" RP, I was looking forward to playing out a plot.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

United Planets 1
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United Planets 1 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:32 am

I'd not exactly call two sides being manipulated into a war typical, I'd call it a classic, I'm just trying to help us all find something we can all agree on...

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:38 am

United Planets 1 wrote:I'd not exactly call two sides being manipulated into a war typical, I'd call it a classic, I'm just trying to help us all find something we can all agree on...

That's not what I'm calling typical, it's your suggestion. "Oh noes, the Siths are attacking!!!!!11111ONEONEOBVIOUSTEXT!!!!!"
Steppe came up with an interesting storyline, what you're suggesting is to do away with said storyline and make this a typical war RP. I like plots, thanks. At any rate, I'd leave if we went with your idea, because my nation would no longer fit into it.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

The Steppe Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steppe Empire » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:20 am

ENOUGH!!!! I am not letting you change my RP. I am getting pissed off at People wanting THEIR way over me. I am getting tried of this and I would like it if you stop Treating me like a Retard! I tried reasoning with you but now you want to take my RP away from Me! I AM NOT GOING TO BE PUSHED AROUND!

The Steppe Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steppe Empire » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:21 am

Old Tyrannia wrote:
United Planets 1 wrote:I'd not exactly call two sides being manipulated into a war typical, I'd call it a classic, I'm just trying to help us all find something we can all agree on...

That's not what I'm calling typical, it's your suggestion. "Oh noes, the Siths are attacking!!!!!11111ONEONEOBVIOUSTEXT!!!!!"
Steppe came up with an interesting storyline, what you're suggesting is to do away with said storyline and make this a typical war RP. I like plots, thanks. At any rate, I'd leave if we went with your idea, because my nation would no longer fit into it.

He is trying to take over the RP. My Storyline is better then anything he could come up with.

The Steppe Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steppe Empire » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm

Seeing as UP1 is not enjoying the RP idea, I am going to try and invite another Jedi Nation into this RP and expain to them the TRUE Storyline.

United Planets 1
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United Planets 1 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:42 pm

Hey, look, i'm willing to go with the storyline, just not the way that makes me the bad guys and makes me do something that is totally out of characther for my nation. I'm willing to work this through, but you need to be slightly flexible Steppe, we can come up with something.

United Planets 1
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United Planets 1 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:49 pm

Besides, Steppes original idea was to have this Darth Eliptica get the Galactic Republic and Celestial Republic into a war by manipulating them, can we not do something like that but one that doesn't leave the blame overwhelmingly on one side?
Last edited by United Planets 1 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Genomita
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:06 pm

As far as I can tell, there'll always be one faction taking the blame for the resulting conflict, namely, the Sith who manipulated the other factions into fighting one another. i really don't see why we need to change the plot of the RP as Steppe has established it so far. I'm glad to be part of a war RP that actually has a overarching plot behind the bloodshet and whatnot.

One more thing. Please use the edit button when you want to make additions to your posts in this thread. There's no need to double-post.
I use 80BF00 for native Genomitan,4040BF for Standard and BF80000 for Skav

The Steppe Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steppe Empire » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:33 pm

Genomita wrote:As far as I can tell, there'll always be one faction taking the blame for the resulting conflict, namely, the Sith who manipulated the other factions into fighting one another. i really don't see why we need to change the plot of the RP as Steppe has established it so far. I'm glad to be part of a war RP that actually has a overarching plot behind the bloodshet and whatnot.

One more thing. Please use the edit button when you want to make additions to your posts in this thread. There's no need to double-post.

wow, you agree with me also...... :hug:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents