NATION

PASSWORD

the truth

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

would you join us?

yes
24%
no
72%
maybe but iam happy where i am
3%
dont know
No votes

Total votes : 29

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: the truth

Postby Anemos Major » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:55 pm

Demen wrote:
Cascoon wrote:lol how old are you? let me guess 9? its ok i understand now your parents never hugged you did they? poor kid.its ok we are all hear for you! :lol2:

I like how you don't use the spacebar right, and call him ignorant. :roll:

Right, so this guy's ignorant, eh? How about I point out some of the more obvious errors in your little outburst there, eh?

lol how old are you? let me guess 9? its ok i understand now your parents never hugged you did they? poor kid.its ok we are all hear for you! :lol2:

Correction with reasons wrote:LOL (capitalized due to two rules; firstly, this is an acro'nym', meaning that each letter must be capitalized, and secondly, due to the fact that it is at the head of a sentence), (comma, to show that there is a pause) how old are you? Let (capitalized, head of sentence) me guess, (comma, to show pause) 9? It's (capitalized, head of sentence, and apostrophe between 't' and 's' to show abbreviation of 'it is') okay/OK (I believe this is the correct way to use either variant of this phrase), (comma, to show pause) I (capitalized 'i', rule when using this letter in as a first-person pronoun) understand now, (comma, to show pause) your parents never hugged you, (comma, to show pause in order to instroduce interrogatory (not a word, I think) element to the sentence) did they? It's (capitalized, head of sentence, and apostrophe between 't' and 's' to show abbreviation of 'it is') okay/OK (again, just my thoughts when it comes to this), we are all here (here, as in a place, as opposed to 'hear', a verb indicating the reception of sound by a certain animate object capable of the action) for you!

This comes to (mistakes underlined):
LOL, how old are you? Let me guess, 9? It's OK, I understand now, your parents never hugged you, did they? It's OK, we are all here for you!

Don't play the smart guy when you get things wrong this frequently, please.
Last edited by Anemos Major on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Demen
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Demen » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:59 pm

Anemos Major wrote:
Demen wrote:
Cascoon wrote:lol how old are you? let me guess 9? its ok i understand now your parents never hugged you did they? poor kid.its ok we are all hear for you! :lol2:

I like how you don't use the spacebar right, and call him ignorant. :roll:

Right, so this guy's ignorant, eh? How about I point out some of the more obvious errors in your little outburst there, eh?

lol how old are you? let me guess 9? its ok i understand now your parents never hugged you did they? poor kid.its ok we are all hear for you! :lol2:

LOL (capitalized due to two rules; firstly, this is an acro'nym', meaning that each letter must be capitalized, and secondly, due to the fact that it is at the head of a sentence), (comma, to show that there is a pause) how old are you? Let (capitalized, head of sentence) me guess, (comma, to show pause) 9? It's (capitalized, head of sentence, and apostrophe between 't' and 's' to show abbreviation of 'it is') okay/OK (I believe this is the correct way to use either variant of this phrase), (comma, to show pause) I (capitalized 'i', rule when using this letter in as a first-person pronoun) understand now, (comma, to show pause) your parents never hugged you, (comma, to show pause in order to instroduce interrogatory (not a word, I think) element to the sentence) did they? It's (capitalized, head of sentence, and apostrophe between 't' and 's' to show abbreviation of 'it is') okay/OK (again, just my thoughts when it comes to this), we are all here (here, as in a place, as opposed to 'hear', a verb indicating the reception of sound by a certain animate object capable of the action) for you!

Don't play the smart guy when you get things wrong this frequently, please.

:clap: The only ignorant person here is cascoon *nods*

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:28 pm

this is a job for the

International
Gathering of
National
Organizations for
Responsible
Events
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Bythinia-Byzantium
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bythinia-Byzantium » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:36 pm

As a Hellenistic autocrat, I have to wonder....who is this Antichrist of which you speak? It's like these other weird references.....Bible....Catholicism....Islam...never heard of them. They don't exist in my kingdom. Is this a religion or something? I will stick with the old gods, thank you very much. :clap:

Freedomstaki
Attaché

Founded: Feb 02, 2004

Postby Freedomstaki » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:17 pm

I so want to condemn this guy already.

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hirota » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:44 am

Everyone knows the secret order pulling the strings here is the UNWA Old guard. This super-secret club is just one of our puppets.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

CommunistSovietAmerica
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby CommunistSovietAmerica » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:18 am

Is it ever going to be possible to have a mature forum? :palm:
CommunistSovietAmerica FactBook
To All:We Are Not Communist Anymore, We've had a regime change!!!
Hail The Motherland!

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:04 am

CommunistSovietAmerica wrote:Is it ever going to be possible to have a mature forum? :palm:

I hear the 65+ Seniors Gardening Forum is pretty tame most of the thyme.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:09 am

Our government finds it amusing how it always seems to be the nations 1/10th our size or less who threaten "join or die", or "We Shall Purge the Planet".

At least it keeps the stand-up comics in new material.

Not Ta'veren

The Palentine
Diplomat

Founded: May 18, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Palentine » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:53 am

Friends, this is your old buddy, the good but unwholesome Senator Horatio Sulla. I'll give y'all some advice, that should help keep this idiocy out.... DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!! Once we stop feeding them, they'll go away.
Excelsior,
Sen. Horatio Sulla
"There aren't quite as many irredeemable folks as everyone thinks."
-The Dourian Embassy

"Yeah, but some (like Sen. Sulla) have to count for, like 20 or 30 all by themselves."
-Hack

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly