NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Green Energy Bill

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Orion Federation (Ancient)
Attaché

Founded: Aug 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: [DRAFT] Green Energy Bill

Postby The Orion Federation (Ancient) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:57 pm

Seishin no Ryuu wrote:
Serbian_Soviet_Union wrote:Nay, kills off all businesses, corporations, raises tax for no reason, waste of money and time, not to mention the negative effects it will have on the economy.

This is true, but I do believe this Proposal has potential. Just needs a lot of fine tuning ;)

lol, thanks. And in response to SSU, it isn;t going to raise taxes. This is a rather modest proposal, economically. The whole point of this proposal is to make it EASIER for underdeveloped/developing nations to build green energy sources. Nations, people, and organizations can donate as much money as they desire to the organization this proposal would set up, and that money would be distributed to helping to increase the efforts put forth by those nations who are developing said technologies, and also to help find a home where the technologies are most needed by doing case studies.

Economically, this proposal helps to alleviate the costs for those nations who are already attempting to go green. I guess I just fail to see how that could possibly be a bad thing.

I guess it is automatic for people to assume going green is supposed to be prohibitively expensive. It really does not have to be by any means at all.

Seishin no Ryuu
Envoy

Founded: Aug 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seishin no Ryuu » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:17 pm

I will support this proposal! After some fine tuning is done.

Serbian_Soviet_Union
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Serbian_Soviet_Union » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:57 pm

The Orion Federation wrote:
Seishin no Ryuu wrote:
Serbian_Soviet_Union wrote:Nay, kills off all businesses, corporations, raises tax for no reason, waste of money and time, not to mention the negative effects it will have on the economy.

This is true, but I do believe this Proposal has potential. Just needs a lot of fine tuning ;)

lol, thanks. And in response to SSU, it isn;t going to raise taxes. This is a rather modest proposal, economically. The whole point of this proposal is to make it EASIER for underdeveloped/developing nations to build green energy sources. Nations, people, and organizations can donate as much money as they desire to the organization this proposal would set up, and that money would be distributed to helping to increase the efforts put forth by those nations who are developing said technologies, and also to help find a home where the technologies are most needed by doing case studies.

Economically, this proposal helps to alleviate the costs for those nations who are already attempting to go green. I guess I just fail to see how that could possibly be a bad thing.

I guess it is automatic for people to assume going green is supposed to be prohibitively expensive. It really does not have to be by any means at all.

So as long as it doesn't mandate and force nations to go green, then it's all good, because in some cases, economically, fosile fuel, uranium and etc is the backbone of the economy and keeps the economy up and running. Also aslong as this proposal does not drastically change everything at once and this process is not fast forwarding, then i suppose this proposal maybe will have some positive effect of the environment just as long as it does not interfere with the economy and the industries and the corporation.
Zastava Arms Inc Cheap Military Hardware: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6443
Zastava Energy Inc & Zastava Oil Corporation: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7806
Full member of: AMNAT, CIN, SCUTUM, CA, VA, PSUS
Observer Member of: GIA, EA, CI

Defcon: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) State of War/State of Emergency || Preparation for a possible war
Military size 5% Active || 2.5% Reserves
Government Type: Capitalist, Conservative, Right Wing, Democratic
FSSU Nations Factbook: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9558
Serbian Broadcasting News: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9733
Baxtell Heavy Engineering Droid Works

The Orion Federation (Ancient)
Attaché

Founded: Aug 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Federation (Ancient) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:33 pm

Excellent. First truly positive feedback finally. I guess I will start fine-tuning this proposal now, and keep all suggestions in mind. I'm being moderate on this subject (heck, my own nation is doing some uranium extraction as well) without damaging economies, while improving habitats at the same time.

Previous

Return to General Assembly