NATION

PASSWORD

Mass Effect: Embers [Complete]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Mon May 29, 2023 1:51 pm

The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike wrote:
Bentus wrote:-snip-

Ah no, the Terminus Hierarchy's with the Duumvirate in the Shrike Abyssal :P
Either way, I wasn't aware that the Relays were just auto-repaired for faction home clusters. Did I miss something?

It's mentioned in the bottom of the "Citadel and Mass Relays" section of the OP - although if you'd rather go for an isolationist approach, I imagine that you could ask G-tech to have the relay start with the "off" switch flipped?
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Ovstylap
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ovstylap » Mon May 29, 2023 2:00 pm

Faction: The Turian Hierarchy
Leader: Primarch Tullus Galrius
For much of the last century the Turians have been inward-looking, even isolationist, with each colony fending for itself. The government of the Turian core has had to harden, and look towards securing a future for the Turian race at large- especially with so many of their colonies now out of touch. With the Mass Relays appearing to be repairing, there are three primary concerns.

Firstly, the unknown political landscape of the Galaxy could well result in a great many immediate threats to the Turians, there is no guarantee that former colonies will be friendly, nor that the Council will retain it's old influence, and that those who were friends when fighting the Reapers, will remain so. Secondly, with the Mass Relays repairing, there are some who believe that the Reapers will return again, as if the Crucible could not permanently destroy the Mass Relays, then so too was it not likely to have permanently destroyed the Reapers. Finally, the government on Palaven must reclaim hegemony over the Turian race.

In terms of broader relations, it appears likely that the Turians will seek to re-assert their decisive military influence within the Council, though being willing to undertake such a role remains similar to that of old times, there is an increasingly influential Turian Supremacist faction who must be appeased in order for the Turians to be completely co-operative. Council investment in the Turians, and support for their military growth and re-assertion of control over former colonies will be critical to appeasing the Turian supremacists.

The Turian society is completely inseparable from its military, indeed following the Reaper War, this has only been solidified. Where values of public duty and self-sacrifice, the identification of personal desire with the desire to enhance the group, and of fulfilling one's place in society with honour, obedience, and a profound sense of duty once existed, they have now been thoroughly entrenched. Unlike other races and polities which adapted in the wake of the Reaper War, if anything, the Turians have trusted in their roots and dug deep. As such, the military is the primary focus of the Turians. It is the engineers who build public works, the merchant marine which supplies colonies and outposts, and all serve the state from 15-30, without exception.

Theirs is a stratocratic, meritocratic, tiered state, with 27 tiers within society- the first being civilians (including client races), the second being during initial military training, and citizenship being conferred after boot camp. The Turians retain a powerful fleet, and are expected to grow this extensively in the coming years. They have proven themselves worthy of their military tradition and strength during the Reaper War, and their support, or lack of it, will be critical to the Council as Galaxy politics form.

During the Reaper war, the Turians experienced some successes in conventional warfare against the Reapers. Their fleets assisted in the battles over Earth, and in their own core system, they jumped right into the heart of the Reaper fleet, directing fire quickly against them until forced into a fight over Palaven as the Reapers jumped to bombard it. Ultimately, the fleet had had to disengage, and the battle 'moved' to Palaven. Resistance was completely ferocious, with great amounts of citizen resistance, brutal rearguard actions, and many acts of heroic self-sacrifice. The guerrila campaign was relentless, yet so were the casualties, especially due to the oribal bombardments. Many resorted to living in fortified bunker systems, and retreats across the planet.

Eventually, the Miracle at Palaven occurred, where a united Krogan-Turian counter attack saw the Reapers diverted and warp bombs and fission bombs delivered to Turian resistance- ultimately leading to a mass detonation of many Reapers and Processing units in suicidal attacks that obliterated swathes of territory and caused immense casualties- including to those non-combatants who were being processed. Ultimately, this allowed a wider counter-attack.

After the Crucible was fired, and the Reaper threat destroyed, at least for now, so too was the Mass Relay network. However, a final set of orders had been delivered to all Turian fleets, colonies, and outposts. "In the event of loss of contact with the core world, assume you are the last of our race until you know otherwise. Preserve, protect, grow, and secure yourselves in the most dutiful and honourable ways. Protect and assist the Council, and honour the memory of the fallen. If contact is ever re-established, fulfil your rightful place in the Hierarchy. This is your sacred oath."

What followed across many Turian worlds and colonies once contact was eventually lost, was an exact following of this order. Many attempted to preserve the ways of old, to maintain, and grow their populations. Some by necessity became increasingly draconian, others ultimately collapsed. But this is not the story of every Turian world, colony, and outpost, this is the story of the core government, that of the Apien Cluster.

Throughout the systems, on many an outpost, the priority at first was survival, and then reconstruction. These were the foundations before growth could be established. The strictest measures, with no room for disagreement and dissent save to offer better solutions. Room only for competence. The most efficient recycling systems, rationing, consolidation and centralisation of resources and assets. A communitarian outlook, all but abandoning private interest and property. On Palaven itself, which had been bombarded so extensively, and devastated by weapons of mass destruction, there has been, and to this day, remain, efforts of cleaning up, containing radiation, and restoring the world to its former glory. Some could argue that in effect they are having to terraform the planet back to its own origins.

Ultimately the history of the Turians has been one of resilient, relentless, indomitable effort and self-sacrifice for the greater good. Theirs is a story of survival, and re-establishment. This is not to say that there have not been issues. Yes, there have been moments of citizen resistance and dissent, ruthlessly put down by the Hastatim. Yes, there have been populations that have been left to fend for themselves. Yes, not every refugee has been taken in. Not every needy stranger, traveller, or former friend has been received in the best way. But the principles, ways, and memories of the Turians remain.

Their trials have resulted in many Turians to be insular in outlook, not quite isolationist, but focused on themselves. Many Turians view their own race as having been essential for the galaxy surviving the Reaper War. In the core systems, there is a strong sense of irredentism- that the other Turians should be grateful for the chance to rejoin the Hierarchy, and that if they have broken their oath upon receiving contact again, then they have dishonoured the sacrifices of their ancestors. A broader Turian supremacy is on the rise, though Primarch Tullus Galrius hopes to both appease the Supremacists, and divert their attentions, by having positive diplomatic interactions with those that they re-connect with, especially members, and associates of the Council. He hopes that Council investments, and support for the restoration of the Turian Hierarchy will come, as he believes this the best and only surefire way to appease them. That, and restoring the Turian Hierarchy in and of itself.

It should be said that, especially with the harsh measures and resource priorities, as well as the casualties of the Reaper War, the loss of so many Volus, as well as focus on industry, basic resources, and the military, has meant that the Turians have not grown to be more economically savvy than they once were, indeed they are not the most efficient with these aspects. Further, where once there was a narrow spectrum of ideas and thoughts discussed for the benefit of all amongst the Turians, the lack of external conflicts, and the change from having a place in intergalactic relations through to a position of relative isolation continues to leave the Turians searching for a greater identity and mission. The need to serve grows stronger. Perhaps the Council will serve as an outlet this this, rather than a barrier. That is the hope of the Primarch.

Infrastructure and Claimed Worlds: The Turian Hierarchy express that they are the legitimate governing body of all Turian worlds, colonies, and outposts, and that with the advent of the Mass Relay repairs, this will be re-asserted without exception. They also lay claim to the Aethon Cluster and Theseus Abyss.

Total Spend= 1767, 30 Material and 3 Credits leftover
Incomes
Palaven - 35 Industry, 10 Material, 479 Credits (439 base)
Menae - 25 Industry, -10 Material, 10 Credits
Nanus - 25 Industry, -10 Material, 10 Credits
Essenssu - 30 Material
Datriux - 25 Industry, 10 Credits
3 Mining Ships - 75 Material
Standard: 110 Industry (max), 95 Material, 509 Credits
Going into Turn 1: All Industrial Complexes on Datriux are not activated, altering the standard income by -25 Industry, +40 Materials, -10 Credits. The Minor Industrial Complexes on Menae and Nanus are not activated, altering this by -10 Industry, +20 Materials, -10 Credits.
Income going into Turn 1: 75 Industry, 155 Material, 489 Credits.
Turn 1 Resources: 75 Industry, 185 Material, 492 Credits

Aventen (Hostile World)

Caelax (Barren World)

Impera (Barren World)

Palaven (Garden World) (987/1800)
1 Urban Area (-173 cost, +45 Credits)
6 Mining Complexes (90 Cost, +30 Materials)
1 Major Mining Complex (50 cost, +40 Material)
3 Industrial Complexes (60 cost, -30 Material, +15 Industry, -15% ship construction time, each is -10 Material, +5 Industry when activated.
1 Major Industrial Complex (50 cost, -30 Material, +20 Industry, +10 Credits, when activated -30 Material, +20 Industry, +10 Credits.
1 Fuel Depots (23 cost, +5 Credits)
1 Major Spaceport (403 cost, +225 credits)
1 Minor Spaceport (138 cost, +150 Credits)
15 bits of infrastructure (987 cost, +10 Material, +35 Industry, +435 credits) 435 base income
Heavy ship in orbit means +44 credits =479 credits

Menae (Terran Moon) (150/1800)
2 Mining Complexes (30 cost, +10 Materials)
1 Major Mining Complex (50 cost, +20 Materials)
1 Industrial Complex (20 cost, -10 Material, +5 Industry)
1 Major Industrial Complex (50 cost, -30 Material, +20 Industry, +10 Credits)
150 cost, +25 Industry, -10 Material, +10 Credits

Nanus (Terran Moon) (150/1800)

Essenssu (Gas Giant) (100/1800)
1 Orbital Mining Station (100 cost, +30 Materials)

Datriux (Terran) (165/1800)
3 Mining Complexes (45 cost, +15 Materials)
1 Major Mining Complex (50 cost, +25 Materials)
165 cost, +25 Industry, +10 Credits

Military:
a) Terrestrial Forces: N/A
b) Space Fleets: 215/1800
Palaven Fleet:
Two Dreadnoughts (Free), Three Mining Ships (150 Cost), One Heavy Cruiser (45 cost), Two Frigates (20 Cost) Total Cost: 215

RP Example: You'll know me from Corporate Cosmos and the latest A Different World
Questions and Suggestions: These are in my next post.
S14
Last edited by Ovstylap on Wed May 31, 2023 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike
Envoy

Founded: Sep 13, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike » Mon May 29, 2023 2:01 pm

The corporate states of Astavar wrote:Well i'd imagine now that the coast is clear so to speak your people would probably naturally start exploring the cluster for salvage etc and my space is perfect for that. They would probably apprehended by my security forces and thus i would learn of you maybe one of them get's away and reports back that the turians aren't as dead as perviously believed.

Hmm... We could do something like that... Though to be fair, the one who initiates first contact would probably be the one who first builds up even a skeleton fleet, if you get what I'm saying
We'll see where the wind takes us, yeah? After all, all the troubles Heshtok has aside, at least ONE of the two who lead the Duumvirate are interested in growing a fleet, even if it takes a while.

Though... I doubt the Terminus Hierarchy would be comfortable not knowing the fate of Heshtok. After all, Vorcha ;)
So we do have some options

Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike » Mon May 29, 2023 2:07 pm

Bentus wrote:It's mentioned in the bottom of the "Citadel and Mass Relays" section of the OP - although if you'd rather go for an isolationist approach, I imagine that you could ask G-tech to have the relay start with the "off" switch flipped?

Jesus, I should stop skim-reading
Well in that case, all's good then :)

Though it'll still take a while for the Duumvirate to get any sort of "airborne", so to speak.
Feel free to call me Granger

Alternate NS accounts include The Pinelands, Stories of the Interloper War and Moroseraiqus

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 29, 2023 2:34 pm

Bentus wrote:
The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike wrote:
Yeah that is the major problem isn't it?
Over here in the Shrike Abyssal, it's gonna take some time and effort. Well, more than others I mean. Both the Duumvirate and the Terminus Heirarchy aren't the most navally-inclined entities, and neither of us have a Heavy Vessel from the get-go

Oh right, I forgot about that :lol:

The relays in everyone's home system are the only ones activated at this point, I believe? Looking at the map (higher resolution version from the OP, I think) that means that Shrike Abyssal, Crescent Nebula, Omega Nebula, Athena Nebula, Krogan DMZ, Annos Basin, Apien Crest, Aethon Cluster (if the Volus are 'active'), Local Cluster, Kite's Nest, Perseus Veil, the Silena Nebula, the Pilos Nebula, are connected - though if someone could double check me that'd be grand. I'm also not sure which sector the Shanxi Directorate is in so didn't include them!

So that'd mean that the Quarians, Duumvirate, Terminus Hierarchy (bit of a question mark: are they in Shrike Abyssal or the Local Cluster?), Illium, and the Drell Commonwealth are connected. If the Terminus Hierarchy is in the Local Cluster, then they're actually hooked up to Earth. The Turians and Volus are also hooked up, but otherwise I think that's it for now?

This is broadly correct, though to clarify only the 'major' factions have their relays hooked up yet - the Established Factions, that is, not the custom ones. That's to represent those factions having poured a significant amount of resources and engineering into their relays, partially explaining why they start on relatively equal footing with custom factions, partly to prevent the entire galaxy from being linked up to start with.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 29, 2023 2:38 pm

Ovstylap wrote:Faction: The Turian Hierarchy
Leader: Primarch Tullus Galrius
For much of the last century the Turians have been inward-looking, even isolationist, with each colony fending for itself. The government of the Turian core has had to harden, and look towards securing a future for the Turian race at large- especially with so many of their colonies now out of touch. With the Mass Relays appearing to be repairing, there are three primary concerns.

Firstly, the unknown political landscape of the Galaxy could well result in a great many immediate threats to the Turians, there is no guarantee that former colonies will be friendly, nor that the Council will retain it's old influence, and that those who were friends when fighting the Reapers, will remain so. Secondly, with the Mass Relays repairing, there are some who believe that the Reapers will return again, as if the Crucible could not permanently destroy the Mass Relays, then so too was it not likely to have permanently destroyed the Reapers. Finally, the government on Palaven must reclaim hegemony over the Turian race.

In terms of broader relations, it appears likely that the Turians will seek to re-assert their decisive military influence within the Council, though being willing to undertake such a role remains similar to that of old times, there is an increasingly influential Turian Supremacist faction who must be appeased in order for the Turians to be completely co-operative. Council investment in the Turians, and support for their military growth and re-assertion of control over former colonies will be critical to appeasing the Turian supremacists.

The Turian society is completely inseparable from its military, indeed following the Reaper War, this has only been solidified. Where values of public duty and self-sacrifice, the identification of personal desire with the desire to enhance the group, and of fulfilling one's place in society with honour, obedience, and a profound sense of duty once existed, they have now been thoroughly entrenched. Unlike other races and polities which adapted in the wake of the Reaper War, if anything, the Turians have trusted in their roots and dug deep. As such, the military is the primary focus of the Turians. It is the engineers who build public works, the merchant marine which supplies colonies and outposts, and all serve the state from 15-30, without exception.

Theirs is a stratocratic, meritocratic, tiered state, with 27 tiers within society- the first being civilians (including client races), the second being during initial military training, and citizenship being conferred after boot camp. The Turians retain a powerful fleet, and are expected to grow this extensively in the coming years. They have proven themselves worthy of their military tradition and strength during the Reaper War, and their support, or lack of it, will be critical to the Council as Galaxy politics form.

During the Reaper war, the Turians experienced some successes in conventional warfare against the Reapers. Their fleets assisted in the battles over Earth, and in their own core system, they jumped right into the heart of the Reaper fleet, directing fire quickly against them until forced into a fight over Palaven as the Reapers jumped to bombard it. Ultimately, the fleet had had to disengage, and the battle 'moved' to Palaven. Resistance was completely ferocious, with great amounts of citizen resistance, brutal rearguard actions, and many acts of heroic self-sacrifice. The guerrila campaign was relentless, yet so were the casualties, especially due to the oribal bombardments. Many resorted to living in fortified bunker systems, and retreats across the planet.

Eventually, the Miracle at Palaven occurred, where a united Krogan-Turian counter attack saw the Reapers diverted and warp bombs and fission bombs delivered to Turian resistance- ultimately leading to a mass detonation of many Reapers and Processing units in suicidal attacks that obliterated swathes of territory and caused immense casualties- including to those non-combatants who were being processed. Ultimately, this allowed a wider counter-attack.

After the Crucible was fired, and the Reaper threat destroyed, at least for now, so too was the Mass Relay network. However, a final set of orders had been delivered to all Turian fleets, colonies, and outposts. "In the event of loss of contact with the core world, assume you are the last of our race until you know otherwise. Preserve, protect, grow, and secure yourselves in the most dutiful and honourable ways. Protect and assist the Council, and honour the memory of the fallen. If contact is ever re-established, fulfil your rightful place in the Hierarchy. This is your sacred oath."

What followed across many Turian worlds and colonies once contact was eventually lost, was an exact following of this order. Many attempted to preserve the ways of old, to maintain, and grow their populations. Some by necessity became increasingly draconian, others ultimately collapsed. But this is not the story of every Turian world, colony, and outpost, this is the story of the core government, that of the Apien Cluster.

Throughout the systems, on many an outpost, the priority at first was survival, and then reconstruction. These were the foundations before growth could be established. The strictest measures, with no room for disagreement and dissent save to offer better solutions. Room only for competence. The most efficient recycling systems, rationing, consolidation and centralisation of resources and assets. A communitarian outlook, all but abandoning private interest and property. On Palaven itself, which had been bombarded so extensively, and devastated by weapons of mass destruction, there has been, and to this day, remain, efforts of cleaning up, containing radiation, and restoring the world to its former glory. Some could argue that in effect they are having to terraform the planet back to its own origins.

Ultimately the history of the Turians has been one of resilient, relentless, indomitable effort and self-sacrifice for the greater good. Theirs is a story of survival, and re-establishment. This is not to say that there have not been issues. Yes, there have been moments of citizen resistance and dissent, ruthlessly put down by the Hastatim. Yes, there have been populations that have been left to fend for themselves. Yes, not every refugee has been taken in. Not every needy stranger, traveller, or former friend has been received in the best way. But the principles, ways, and memories of the Turians remain.

Their trials have resulted in many Turians to be insular in outlook, not quite isolationist, but focused on themselves. Many Turians view their own race as having been essential for the galaxy surviving the Reaper War. In the core systems, there is a strong sense of irredentism- that the other Turians should be grateful for the chance to rejoin the Hierarchy, and that if they have broken their oath upon receiving contact again, then they have dishonoured the sacrifices of their ancestors. A broader Turian supremacy is on the rise, though Primarch Tullus Galrius hopes to both appease the Supremacists, and divert their attentions, by having positive diplomatic interactions with those that they re-connect with, especially members, and associates of the Council. He hopes that Council investments, and support for the restoration of the Turian Hierarchy will come, as he believes this the best and only surefire way to appease them. That, and restoring the Turian Hierarchy in and of itself.

It should be said that, especially with the harsh measures and resource priorities, as well as the casualties of the Reaper War, the loss of so many Volus, as well as focus on industry, basic resources, and the military, has meant that the Turians have not grown to be more economically savvy than they once were, indeed they are not the most efficient with these aspects. Further, where once there was a narrow spectrum of ideas and thoughts discussed for the benefit of all amongst the Turians, the lack of external conflicts, and the change from having a place in intergalactic relations through to a position of relative isolation continues to leave the Turians searching for a greater identity and mission. The need to serve grows stronger. Perhaps the Council will serve as an outlet this this, rather than a barrier. That is the hope of the Primarch.

Infrastructure and Claimed Worlds: The Turian Hierarchy express that they are the legitimate governing body of all Turian worlds, colonies, and outposts, and that with the advent of the Mass Relay repairs, this will be re-asserted without exception. They also lay claim to the Aethon Cluster and Theseus Abyss.

Total Spend= 1767, 33 Material leftover.
Incomes
Palaven - 35 Industry, 10 Material, 479 Credits (439 base)
Menae - 25 Industry, -10 Material, 10 Credits
Nanus - 25 Industry, -10 Material, 10 Credits
Essenssu - 30 Material
Datriux - 25 Industry, 10 Credits
3 Mining Ships - 75 Material
Standard: 110 Industry (max), 95 Material, 509 Credits
Going into Turn 1: All Industrial Complexes on Datriux are not activated, altering the standard income by -25 Industry, +40 Materials, -10 Credits. The Minor Industrial Complexes on Menae and Nanus are not activated, altering this by -10 Industry, +20 Materials, -10 Credits.
Income going into Turn 1: 75 Industry, 155 Material, 489 Credits.
Turn 1 Resources: 75 Industry, 188 Material, 489 Credits

Aventen (Hostile World)

Caelax (Barren World)

Impera (Barren World)

Palaven (Garden World) (987/1800)
1 Urban Area (-173 cost, +45 Credits)
6 Mining Complexes (90 Cost, +30 Materials)
1 Major Mining Complex (50 cost, +40 Material)
3 Industrial Complexes (60 cost, -30 Material, +15 Industry, -15% ship construction time, each is -10 Material, +5 Industry when activated.
1 Major Industrial Complex (50 cost, -30 Material, +20 Industry, +10 Credits, when activated -30 Material, +20 Industry, +10 Credits.
1 Fuel Depots (23 cost, +5 Credits)
1 Major Spaceport (403 cost, +225 credits)
1 Minor Spaceport (138 cost, +150 Credits)
15 bits of infrastructure (987 cost, +10 Material, +35 Industry, +435 credits) 435 base income
Heavy ship in orbit means +44 credits =479 credits

Menae (Terran Moon) (150/1800)

Nanus (Terran Moon) (150/1800)

Essenssu (Gas Giant) (100/1800)
1 Orbital Mining Station (100 cost, +30 Materials)

Datriux (Terran) (165/1800)
3 Mining Complexes (45 cost, +15 Materials)
1 Major Mining Complex (50 cost, +25 Materials)
165 cost, +25 Industry, +10 Credits

Military:
a) Terrestrial Forces: N/A
b) Space Fleets: 215/1800
Palaven Fleet:
Two Dreadnoughts (Free), Three Mining Ships (150 Cost), One Heavy Cruiser (45 cost), Two Frigates (20 Cost) Total Cost: 215

RP Example: You'll know me from Corporate Cosmos and the latest A Different World
Questions and Suggestions: These are in my next post.
S14

This all seems to be in order, Ovs - as such, accepted, and welcome. You're just in time. I'll be firing up the update engines inside of the hour, but no worries if you don't make the first cut.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike » Mon May 29, 2023 2:41 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:This is broadly correct, though to clarify only the 'major' factions have their relays hooked up yet - the Established Factions, that is, not the custom ones. That's to represent those factions having poured a significant amount of resources and engineering into their relays, partially explaining why they start on relatively equal footing with custom factions, partly to prevent the entire galaxy from being linked up to start with.

Aaaaand considering both the Duumvirate and Terminus Hierarchy are custom factions...

Well then The corporate states of Astavar, seems we'll be alone for a little bit :p

Alternate NS accounts include The Pinelands, Stories of the Interloper War and Moroseraiqus

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Mon May 29, 2023 5:11 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Bentus wrote:
Oh right, I forgot about that :lol:

The relays in everyone's home system are the only ones activated at this point, I believe? Looking at the map (higher resolution version from the OP, I think) that means that Shrike Abyssal, Crescent Nebula, Omega Nebula, Athena Nebula, Krogan DMZ, Annos Basin, Apien Crest, Aethon Cluster (if the Volus are 'active'), Local Cluster, Kite's Nest, Perseus Veil, the Silena Nebula, the Pilos Nebula, are connected - though if someone could double check me that'd be grand. I'm also not sure which sector the Shanxi Directorate is in so didn't include them!

So that'd mean that the Quarians, Duumvirate, Terminus Hierarchy (bit of a question mark: are they in Shrike Abyssal or the Local Cluster?), Illium, and the Drell Commonwealth are connected. If the Terminus Hierarchy is in the Local Cluster, then they're actually hooked up to Earth. The Turians and Volus are also hooked up, but otherwise I think that's it for now?

This is broadly correct, though to clarify only the 'major' factions have their relays hooked up yet - the Established Factions, that is, not the custom ones. That's to represent those factions having poured a significant amount of resources and engineering into their relays, partially explaining why they start on relatively equal footing with custom factions, partly to prevent the entire galaxy from being linked up to start with.

Hanar considered one of the major factions? Or is the Cnidaria Cluster still closed? I'm good either way. Kinda rather it still closed.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 29, 2023 5:38 pm

Nuxipal wrote:

Hanar considered one of the major factions? Or is the Cnidaria Cluster still closed? I'm good either way. Kinda rather it still closed.

I would consider it so, certainly. It can be closed if you would prefer though - I'm not fussed.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Mon May 29, 2023 5:42 pm

Any ETA on that update?

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon May 29, 2023 5:48 pm

So, Shanxi needs to spend three months rebuilding its relay before any of their ships can leave the home cluster?
Last edited by The Orson Empire on Mon May 29, 2023 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Mon May 29, 2023 6:17 pm

Nuxipal wrote:

I would consider it so, certainly. It can be closed if you would prefer though - I'm not fussed.

Figure that would give the Hanar a good starting point for use of their Relay activation ability.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 29, 2023 6:20 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:

So, Shanxi needs to spend three months rebuilding its relay before any of their ships can leave the home cluster?

I'm afraid so - best to get started if such is your ambition in the near future.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Mon May 29, 2023 6:38 pm

Do I need my relay to explore other places?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 29, 2023 6:42 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:Do I need my relay to explore other places?

If by explore you mean Exploration, nope - you can just chuck out an FTL fleet and look for local systems perfectly fine with no operating relay. Getting to the next cluster over, however, yeah you need a Relay.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Mon May 29, 2023 7:09 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:If by explore you mean Exploration, nope - you can just chuck out an FTL fleet and look for local systems perfectly fine with no operating relay. Getting to the next cluster over, however, yeah you need a Relay.

Could I provide credits to improve success?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 29, 2023 7:10 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:If by explore you mean Exploration, nope - you can just chuck out an FTL fleet and look for local systems perfectly fine with no operating relay. Getting to the next cluster over, however, yeah you need a Relay.

Could I provide credits to improve success?

Well, you do need to provide credits to explore, yes. There's a whole paragraph about that, hah.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon May 29, 2023 7:15 pm

The Orson Empire wrote: So, Shanxi needs to spend three months rebuilding its relay before any of their ships can leave the home cluster?

I'm afraid so - best to get started if such is your ambition in the near future.

Regarding worlds in other systems in the Shanxi Cluster, I know I need to colonize the Garden ones, but can I just slap down infrastructure on the non-garden ones?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 29, 2023 7:17 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:

Regarding worlds in other systems in the Shanxi Cluster, I know I need to colonize the Garden ones, but can I just slap down infrastructure on the non-garden ones?

Colonization is system by system - even for the non-garden ones, you'll need to rebuild fueling infrastructure, conduct terrain surveys, etc. etc.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon May 29, 2023 8:27 pm

In which system does the Mass Relay reside in the Utanapish Sea cluster?

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Mon May 29, 2023 8:41 pm

Elerian wrote:In which system does the Mass Relay reside in the Utanapish Sea cluster?

Byblos System *

The asterisk is indicative of where the Relay of that Cluster is located for the extra clusters

Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike » Mon May 29, 2023 9:44 pm

Oh, question about one of my perks, the whole "Ceaseless burden" thing G-Tech Corporation
When it mentions "Specialist Non-Division" units having to accompany every 5 (or less) division units to keep them ordered, do Mech Divisions fall under that bracket, or not? And if they DON'T, which I can imagine to potentially be the case, I can at least assume YMIR Mech and LOKI Mech divisions don't suffer from the drawbacks of the "Ceaseless burden" perk hopefully?

Ovstylap
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ovstylap » Tue May 30, 2023 1:06 am

To confirm then, the Aethon Cluster (Volus home cluster) is not currently online?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue May 30, 2023 4:14 am

The Epic Notepad of GrangerAirstrike wrote:Oh, question about one of my perks, the whole "Ceaseless burden" thing G-Tech Corporation
When it mentions "Specialist Non-Division" units having to accompany every 5 (or less) division units to keep them ordered, do Mech Divisions fall under that bracket, or not? And if they DON'T, which I can imagine to potentially be the case, I can at least assume YMIR Mech and LOKI Mech divisions don't suffer from the drawbacks of the "Ceaseless burden" perk hopefully?

Yep, those both sound like reasonable assumptions to me. Granted, they probably shouldn’t get the cost discount either, hah.

Ovstylap wrote:To confirm then, the Aethon Cluster (Volus home cluster) is not currently online?

Yep, I’ll assume that until next month, when I’ll likely officially designate the Volus as NPC.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue May 30, 2023 4:42 am

I'm sure I missed it somewhere, but its fairly important.

The Citadel: Has it remained in Sol or has it been moved back to the Serpent Nebula.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse