NATION

PASSWORD

Mass Effect: Embers [Complete]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat May 27, 2023 7:00 am

In other news, my thanks to all of you who have already taken the time to post - we are off to a great start! I likely won’t post the new month until Monday, to let those who haven’t even been accepted yet make it in, but I merely wanted to express my enjoyment and appreciation of the good writing we have seen thus far.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Sat May 27, 2023 7:54 am

When you get a chance, could you clarify the wording of the Citadel Embassy as well?

'This signifies that the faction is a devoted member of Citadel Space. Generates 3 Credits per Citadel Faction, +1 for every Council Seat the Faction holds.'

I know its the wording that's been around forever, and I really only use the Embassy for the Asari pro so never cared much for the wording, but the +1 for each Council seat a faction holds seems off, since Factions can only hold one seat?

Also for everyone else, it would be nice to have a list of factions that are still Citadel factions. So far I'm thinking it's 7 factions?
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

Ovstylap
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ovstylap » Sat May 27, 2023 8:06 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Segmentia wrote:I'm seeing pros, cons, and mentions of Battalion sized units, but nothing other than the LOKI mechs and Artillery are at battalion strength, unless I've missed something?

References to ground units should usually be to Division weight - though it is entirely possible I missed a few.

@ Ovs: Saw your post, but on mobile, so will respond in a bit. I added some more explanations to structures this morning, so roll through those if you get the chance.

Thank you, unless it hasn't updated yet, I am currently unable to see any more structural explanations? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sat May 27, 2023 8:08 am

Segmentia wrote:When you get a chance, could you clarify the wording of the Citadel Embassy as well?

'This signifies that the faction is a devoted member of Citadel Space. Generates 3 Credits per Citadel Faction, +1 for every Council Seat the Faction holds.'

I know its the wording that's been around forever, and I really only use the Embassy for the Asari pro so never cared much for the wording, but the +1 for each Council seat a faction holds seems off, since Factions can only hold one seat?

Also for everyone else, it would be nice to have a list of factions that are still Citadel factions. So far I'm thinking it's 7 factions?

That brings up a good question: has the citadel been re-established at this point? Given the years of isolation, what does it mean to be a citadel faction now?
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Sat May 27, 2023 8:12 am

Bentus wrote:
Segmentia wrote:When you get a chance, could you clarify the wording of the Citadel Embassy as well?

That brings up a good question: has the citadel been re-established at this point? Given the years of isolation, what does it mean to be a citadel faction now?

There is a mechanic for it to be invested in an rebuilt, but being a Citadel faction is much less to do with the Citadel itself and more following the laws and regulations passed by the Council.
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat May 27, 2023 9:19 am

Ovstylap wrote:1) Where infrastructure lists requirement for a fuel depot, e.g. an Urban area or small spaceport, does this mean that each one requires a separate fuel depot?

Nope, no such thing; only that you require a fuel depot before you can construct that specific infrastructure.

2) Regarding Spaceports, can you have major and small spaceports on the same planet? Is there a limit to how many you can have in a system and on a planet?

You can have both a major spaceport and a minor spaceport on the same planet, yes, though that won't come up too often. As with all infrastructure not explicitly forbidden from a planet, and which doesn't have a value greater than one spelled out, a single one may be constructed on each planet - though the Major Spaceport has limitations on a cluster-by-cluster basis.

3) Regarding the Major Spaceport, am I correct in saying that say you had 5 Mining complexes only on a planet, and a major spaceport, you would get 75 (5x 15) credits from that planet simply due to the Major Spaceport? Likewise if you had a Small Spaceport, which has its income doubled from 5 to 10, you would then have 125 credits from that planet due to getting the extra 50 credits from each?

That would be correct, though in that specific example you would also gain additional income from the Spaceports themselves.

4) If there are multiple major spaceports in a system, do each of these double minor spaceports? This seems like it could stack incredibly strongly??

Ah, no, that must have been the clarification you missed - Major Spaceports are limited to one per faction per cluster, so you'll never see them stacking like that. They'll only be buffing one system in your cluster, each.

5) Mobile stations come with the 2 Urban Areas, 2 Industrial Complexes, 2 Fuel Depot, 1 Small Spaceport already built right?

Nope, that is merely what you can build on them; all of those are an additional expense atop the station base construction itself.

6) Regarding bonuses to income, in what order are they done. Say for instance I have a planet with a heavy ship overhead, for me that increases that planets credit income by 10%. Let's say my system income is 95, and with that ship overhead, it goes up to 100. Does the system bonus income, say from a major spaceport, come after this (i.e 130 now), or is it the other way around. (95 x 1.3, then add the 5= 128.5=129)?

Good question - the rule of thumb is planet, system, faction, in order of bonuses. So, say, one of your worlds has a heavy vessel overhead, and is picking up an additional 10% bonus from somewhere else that applies only to it. That's a total 20% modifier, which we apply to your planet's Base Income to reach the Planet Income. Say, 100 x 120% = 120 Credits.

Then, let's say you've put a Minor Space Station in orbit somewhere else in your system, which gives you a System-level income boost of 10%. We then take the Planet Income of 120 and stuff it in the 110% multiplier, for a total planet contribution to our System Income of 132 Credits.

Outposts, Defences, Shipyards, Military Shipyards, Marshalling Centres, and Aerostadts all count as Military and therefore do not have a cost increase.

Outposts aren't necessarily military, so they do have a cost increase. Defenses aren't Infrastructure, so they don't have a cost increase. Shipyards, Civilian Shipyards, and Military Shipyards - these are all Shipyards by category, so they don't have a cost increase. Marshalling Centers, being a non-base infrastructure, and Aerostadts, being a piece of infrastructure which isn't Mining, Industrial, or Shipyards - those also have the cost increase.

Space Stations, likewise, aren't Infrastructure - so they have no price increase.

Regarding Turian Astrography

Hm, let's see here. Digeris, I'd class as a Terran world, not Garden; she has a very thin atmosphere, and a mass a tenth the size of Palaven. Not exactly optimal for Turians. Fiax, Barren, not hostile - effectively no atmosphere and no potential for a biosphere.

Caelax, Barren, not hostile - no atmosphere to speak of, and no other redeeming factors save a decent gravity band. Impera, probably would be hostile save for the absolutely minute scale - settling anything of note in 0.1 g is strongly infeasible, so Barren also. Menae and Nanus, definitely Terran Moons, not Garden.

The Navale System is a perfect example of what Exploration can produce, fleshing out systems in a given cluster - but it isn't canon to my knowledge, so I would leave it out for now.

Antinax is, similarly, a great example of a Hostile World (which is short for Hostile Terran). Decent gravity, structure, but a thoroughly inhospitable atmosphere.

Otherwise, that all looks reasonable to me, minus needing to flesh out the systems without information. I'll pull something together once you get out there.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat May 27, 2023 9:22 am

That's largely up to the factions, though I presume those that were Citadel factions still are, by and large.

Can Factions only hold one seat? That is the historical precedent, to be sure, but whether or not it will hold in the modern day - well, we'll see.

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Sat May 27, 2023 9:41 am

Hm. I might actually be...abandoning Thessia, in a sense.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat May 27, 2023 9:56 am

Spicy!

Month one check ins for crunch:

Orson, it seems you're spending only 5 Credits per Mining Complex on Nu Kwa and Tian. With the Directorate's bonus, they're still 10 Credits, not merely 5.

Astavar, I regret to say that Garan should be a Barren world, not a Hostile world you are boosting to Terran - a surface temp of 1000 C is about as inhospitable as they come.

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Sat May 27, 2023 9:58 am

That's largely up to the factions, though I presume those that were Citadel factions still are, by and large.

Can Factions only hold one seat? That is the historical precedent, to be sure, but whether or not it will hold in the modern day - well, we'll see.

Just getting my app down. For the sake of the Citadel Embassy, I'm going to assume the following factions are members, unless told otherwise of course.
Asari Republics
Turian Hierarchy
Salarian Union
Systems Alliance
Elcor Courts
The Volus
and The Hanar Illuminated Primacy
Last edited by Segmentia on Sat May 27, 2023 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat May 27, 2023 10:02 am

Segmentia wrote:

Just getting my app down. For the sake of the Citadel Embassy, I'm going to assume the following factions are members, unless told otherwise of course.
Asari Republics
Turian Hierarchy
Salarian Union
Systems Alliance
Elcor Courts
The Volus
and The Hanar Illuminated Primacy

That all seems reasonable to me, unless any of those numbers raise an objection.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Sat May 27, 2023 10:05 am

Will there be random events each month like previous iterations G-Tech?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat May 27, 2023 10:10 am

The Orson Empire wrote:Will there be random events each month like previous iterations G-Tech?

Random, not exactly - at least, not as a rule of thumb. But events, oh yes.

Turkducken
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Turkducken » Sat May 27, 2023 10:11 am

Turkducken wrote:Faction: The United Krogan Clans/The Grand Moot
Leader: Warchief Urdnot Krav, Chief/Clanmother Urdnot Bakara
Diplomatic Relations Summary: The Krogan are twice galactic saviors and heroes. Bonds forged in the fires of the ultimate conflict have proven resilient. Resentment in the Clans is building at home for the lack of progress made in the post war recovery. Old suspicions of Krogan dominance have begun to flare up after repeated and pointed accusations of warmongering and expansionist rhetoric coming from discontented Clans on Tuchanka. For the moment, however, the Krogans are still heroes that suffered unduly for past sins. It remains to be seen if that will be enough to repair centuries of mistrust and genocide.

Military Summary: Proportionately, the Krogan Clans offered the most to Commander Shepard's pan galactic force. Urdnot Wrex, the proud unifier of the Clans, was a deep and trusted personal friend of the former Hero. Urdnot Wrex himself led the assembled clans to the final confrontation on Earth, and on Earth is where the bulk of the warriors remain. All across the Galaxy, some still clinging to life, others perishing from conditions or time lost. Krogan blood bled for the freedom of every race against the Reapers. United they are a fierce determined and committed warband capable of any goal. Divided, however, they are a tough but not invincible opponent. While the industrial capacity of the Krogan Homeworld remains lacking, the unified Clans are a terrifying force for any opponent. Tempered only by their lack of space faring expertise and industry, it remains to be seen as whether the gracious and thankful hosts of the Krogan Warriors want the now Genophage free Krogan to be united once more.

History:
Broken, but not Beaten.

This had been the proud motto of the Clans of Tuchanka for centuries after the Krogan Wars.

The losing side of a brutal galaxy spanning conflict, punished by their own actions and the secret actions of genocide by their enemies. Tuchanka was broken. Devastated by total warfare, depopulation, and a over reliance on colonial holdings. Thousands of Krogan left their homeworld, never to return. Countless planets across the galaxy are hollowed ground of proud warrior. The vacuum of space holds the forgotten bodies of legendary combatants. Krogan warriors died and the old ways were almost forgotten.

Urdnot Wrex was one of the last Battlemasters. He saw the Krogan for what they were after centuries of deprivation, Weakened and Ignorant. He witnessed first hand the desperation and dishonor his people resorted to to avenge the Genophage and honorable losses. He was changed forever by his journey with the Shepard, and returned to Tuchanka with a holy mission. He united the Clans of Tuchanka, reignited the Old Ways, and gave our people something they had not had in millennia, Hope. Tuchanka united grew for the first time since the ancient days. Krogan mercenaries and warlords returned home to rebuild. Clans began to settle once more, forgoing their nomadic lifestyles. This brief bliss and harmony was shattered when the Reaper invaders devastated what little had been rebuilt.

Urdnot Wrex returned to his homeworld with the Shepard and cast out the machine invaders. The curse of the Genophage was lifted in honor of all Krogankind. Once more the aliens of the galaxy turned to Tuchanka, the home of the warriors, Heroes of the Rachni, and pleaded our assistance. We, of course, answered their noble call. Honored warriors once more sallied from the homeworld to fight a powerful foe. The best and brightest of Krogans were sent to the stars to defeat that unassailable threat. Tuchanka once more was left barren.

The battle was glorious. Krogan fought on every front finding glory and honor for their clans in death and in action. We do not know how many perished, but we know they took the lives of many foes as they did. Urdnot Wrex himself led the final assault of Krogan forces in the Battle of Earth. It is said he slayed many foes with a cry "For the light of our Ancestors!", before finally falling in the most honored of battles. When the Relays were lost, Tuchanka rejoiced in victory but weeped for the loss of its Savior. Urdnot Krav, spawn of Urdnot Wreav, rose to lead the warbands of Tuchanka. Just barely three hundred years, he has already become a prolific warrior. Although he lacks both the unrestrained will of his father or the wisdom of his uncle. His ascension has been met with grumbled apathy from the scattered and homesick warriors.

Tuchanka itself was cut off from the galaxy. Limited communication between our world and the Citadel occupiers in our systems was established. What limited ships Tuchanka had, we took to our stars and seized control back from the Council. Those resources and ships seized from the occupiers turned to rebuild a Tuchanka finally free of alien interference or invasion. The Female Clans, led by Urdnot Bakara Clan Mother of all Krogans, resumed their place as the civic leaders of Tuchanka. Under their rule every Krogan was hungry, but alive. Left with no great warriors, the females once again reignited their warrior traditions. The wisest, most powerful, and oldest females began to practice and lead as warriors like in the times before the Rachni. For the first time men plowed the dirt of Tuchanka, aided by the aliens gifts in the resurrected draft animals in the Kakliosaur, green nature and clean water began to pour forth from the cracked earth.

Much was rebuilt in the last sixteen years. Aqueducts flow into the reconstructed great city fortress of Bak'Ump, produce is grown under the earth, and the planet begins to show signs of health. The women of Tuchanka have turned warriors into builders, but they have not remained defenseless. Krogan are born for battle. Tuchanka is a test of survival for every Krogan. Some may see this progress as an abandonment of what made us great, but it is a return to what built our greatness.

Despite the clear progress the women have brought, some men remain unconvinced. Warriors ineligible for combat offworld whisper like cowards about "the female's misguided path". These whispers have intensified only in the most recent months after the Relay self repaired. Warchief Krav longs to return home with his warriors, but they have heard of the great changes to their home, and they do not appreciate the direction Tuchanka has taken. Urdnot Krav while on Earth, has made repeated diplomatic gestures to the Council for repayment of Krogan sacrifices. He wants power and wealth, and is willing to give many concessions to the aliens for Krogan to be given a place in the galaxy. Urdnot Bakara disagrees, and in her great wisdom has sought to take the Clans into an isolation for one Krogan generation. Both have a right to rule, but it remains to be seen who will win out in the end.

Infrastructure and Claimed Worlds: The Krogan DMZ, Unofficially after isolation it is being Reclaimed as "Ancestors' Moot"

Durak-Barren
Kanin-Terran
Kruban-Hostile
Tuchanka-Near Garden
-Terrestrial Fuel Depot (5 Credits)
-1x Urban Center (40 Credits)
-2x Industrial Complex (20 Material to 10 Industry)
-5x Mining Complex (5 Material Each =25 Total)
-1x Major Mining Complex (10 Material +8 for each Mining Complex= 50 Total)
-Small Spaceport (5 Credits per Infrastructure, 10 Inf x 5= 50 Credits)
Ruam-Gas Giant
Vaul-Gas Giant
Mass Relay

Kelim-Terran
Dor-Gas Giant
Sazgoth-Gas Giant
Rothla-Former Garden (It's a big colliding piece of asteroids and moons now)

Mantun-Barren (Ancient Power Relays)
Tula-Gas Giant
Vard-Gas Giant

Infrastructure Income:

Credits: 95 per Turn
Material: 75 per Turn
Industry: -20 Material to 10 Industry

Military:
a) Terrestrial Forces:
Tuchanka
-x20 Militia

Defenses
Tier 2 Ground Defense
Tier 2 Anti-Orbital Battery

b) Space Fleets:

Aralakh System
-1x Light Cruiser
-1x Escort Carrier
-1x Fighter Wings
-3x Frigates (Boarding Crew)
-3x Light Transports

Final Math: 800 "Resources"
-645 Infrastructure
-155 Military
Total: 800 Spent

RP Example: Dragonball Untold
Questions and Suggestions:
S14

Alright G, finished the buying process
Discord: Turkducken#3718

That's a She/Her from me Boss

Metal...Gear?!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat May 27, 2023 10:11 am

Theyra wrote:Faction: Drell Commonwealth
Leader: Archon Kakan Niol
Diplomatic Relations Summary: Somewhat Isolationists but have good relations with most council races, excluding the Hanar who the Commonwealth has strained relations. Limited relations with non-Council races but somewhat warm with the Quarians.
Military Summary: The Commonwealth military, while small, is made up of veterans from the Reaper War who are committed to the defense of their new home and nation. Though the ground forces have more experience than the fleet, and the ground forces are mainly preoccupied with dealing with hostile Vorcha packs that remain on Namakli at the moment.

History: The Drell Commonwealth has existed before as an idea from a Drell group that was formed before the Reaper war. The group was formed by Kakan Niol, and its goal was an independent Drell Nation. Kakan always had respect for the Hanar due to them saving their race but always wanted the Drell to form their nation rather than permanently serve the Hanar. This idea was reinforced after seeing how Drell traditions were starting to die off in favor of Hanar traditions and feared that the Drell culture would die off. Plus, the humid nature of Kahje forces the Drell to live in climate-controlled dome cities or eventually get Kepral's Syndrome. He started to share his ideas with others, and slowly over time, he managed to gain followers. This continued despite resistance from both the Hanar and other Drell who believed that the Drell should not give up the Compact.

By the time of the Reaper War, he had a significant amount of credits and followers and had settled on the abandoned arid world of Namakli in the Pylos Nebula. The young nation has mostly left alone during the Reaper War until the planet was attacked during Shepard's mission to uncover the Leviathans. Which the Commonwealth had to resort to guerrilla warfare and hiding in the wastelands to survive. This would continue until the end of the Reaper War and after the loss of the Mass Relays. The isolated Drells, not knowing the state of the rest of the galaxy, tried to rebuild the best they could, and they did start to notice that the cluster's Mass Relay was somehow healing itself. They eagerly await for the Mass Relay to heal to see what is the state of the galaxy and continue to rebuild and deal with the lingering Vorcha packs that still dwell on Namakli.

Infrastructure and Claimed Worlds: The Commonwealth claims the Pylos Nebula and the systems in it.
Pylos Nebula - Zaherin System - (Near-Garden World)Namakli
1 Urban Area
1 Planetary Fuel Depot
5 Mining Complex
2 Industrial Complex
1 Shipyard
1 Small Spaceport
1 Major Mining Complex

Military:
a) Terrestrial Forces: 2 Infantry Division
1 Gunship Wing
1 YMIR Mech Division
1 Armored Division
1 Combat Engineers
1 Anti-Orbital Missile Force
1 Militia Division
1 LOKI Mech Battalion
Perimeter Defenses

b) Space Fleets: 1 Light Cruiser
5 Frigate
2 Destroyers
4 Corvette Pack
1 Light Transport

RP Example: Ghosts of Nueva Iberia
Questions and Suggestions: N/A
S14

This all seems to be in order - welcome, Theyra, and happily accepted.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Sat May 27, 2023 10:12 am

The Orson Empire wrote:Will there be random events each month like previous iterations G-Tech?

Random, not exactly - at least, not as a rule of thumb. But events, oh yes.

Cool, can't wait to see what the Directorate experiences.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Sat May 27, 2023 10:13 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Spicy!

Month one check ins for crunch:

Orson, it seems you're spending only 5 Credits per Mining Complex on Nu Kwa and Tian. With the Directorate's bonus, they're still 10 Credits, not merely 5.

Astavar, I regret to say that Garan should be a Barren world, not a Hostile world you are boosting to Terran - a surface temp of 1000 C is about as inhospitable as they come.

Fixed the spending.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat May 27, 2023 10:15 am

Turkducken wrote:
Diplomatic Relations Summary: The Krogan are twice galactic saviors and heroes. Bonds forged in the fires of the ultimate conflict have proven resilient. Resentment in the Clans is building at home for the lack of progress made in the post war recovery. Old suspicions of Krogan dominance have begun to flare up after repeated and pointed accusations of warmongering and expansionist rhetoric coming from discontented Clans on Tuchanka. For the moment, however, the Krogans are still heroes that suffered unduly for past sins. It remains to be seen if that will be enough to repair centuries of mistrust and genocide.

Military Summary: Proportionately, the Krogan Clans offered the most to Commander Shepard's pan galactic force. Urdnot Wrex, the proud unifier of the Clans, was a deep and trusted personal friend of the former Hero. Urdnot Wrex himself led the assembled clans to the final confrontation on Earth, and on Earth is where the bulk of the warriors remain. All across the Galaxy, some still clinging to life, others perishing from conditions or time lost. Krogan blood bled for the freedom of every race against the Reapers. United they are a fierce determined and committed warband capable of any goal. Divided, however, they are a tough but not invincible opponent. While the industrial capacity of the Krogan Homeworld remains lacking, the unified Clans are a terrifying force for any opponent. Tempered only by their lack of space faring expertise and industry, it remains to be seen as whether the gracious and thankful hosts of the Krogan Warriors want the now Genophage free Krogan to be united once more.

History:
Broken, but not Beaten.

This had been the proud motto of the Clans of Tuchanka for centuries after the Krogan Wars.

The losing side of a brutal galaxy spanning conflict, punished by their own actions and the secret actions of genocide by their enemies. Tuchanka was broken. Devastated by total warfare, depopulation, and a over reliance on colonial holdings. Thousands of Krogan left their homeworld, never to return. Countless planets across the galaxy are hollowed ground of proud warrior. The vacuum of space holds the forgotten bodies of legendary combatants. Krogan warriors died and the old ways were almost forgotten.

Urdnot Wrex was one of the last Battlemasters. He saw the Krogan for what they were after centuries of deprivation, Weakened and Ignorant. He witnessed first hand the desperation and dishonor his people resorted to to avenge the Genophage and honorable losses. He was changed forever by his journey with the Shepard, and returned to Tuchanka with a holy mission. He united the Clans of Tuchanka, reignited the Old Ways, and gave our people something they had not had in millennia, Hope. Tuchanka united grew for the first time since the ancient days. Krogan mercenaries and warlords returned home to rebuild. Clans began to settle once more, forgoing their nomadic lifestyles. This brief bliss and harmony was shattered when the Reaper invaders devastated what little had been rebuilt.

Urdnot Wrex returned to his homeworld with the Shepard and cast out the machine invaders. The curse of the Genophage was lifted in honor of all Krogankind. Once more the aliens of the galaxy turned to Tuchanka, the home of the warriors, Heroes of the Rachni, and pleaded our assistance. We, of course, answered their noble call. Honored warriors once more sallied from the homeworld to fight a powerful foe. The best and brightest of Krogans were sent to the stars to defeat that unassailable threat. Tuchanka once more was left barren.

The battle was glorious. Krogan fought on every front finding glory and honor for their clans in death and in action. We do not know how many perished, but we know they took the lives of many foes as they did. Urdnot Wrex himself led the final assault of Krogan forces in the Battle of Earth. It is said he slayed many foes with a cry "For the light of our Ancestors!", before finally falling in the most honored of battles. When the Relays were lost, Tuchanka rejoiced in victory but weeped for the loss of its Savior. Urdnot Krav, spawn of Urdnot Wreav, rose to lead the warbands of Tuchanka. Just barely three hundred years, he has already become a prolific warrior. Although he lacks both the unrestrained will of his father or the wisdom of his uncle. His ascension has been met with grumbled apathy from the scattered and homesick warriors.

Tuchanka itself was cut off from the galaxy. Limited communication between our world and the Citadel occupiers in our systems was established. What limited ships Tuchanka had, we took to our stars and seized control back from the Council. Those resources and ships seized from the occupiers turned to rebuild a Tuchanka finally free of alien interference or invasion. The Female Clans, led by Urdnot Bakara Clan Mother of all Krogans, resumed their place as the civic leaders of Tuchanka. Under their rule every Krogan was hungry, but alive. Left with no great warriors, the females once again reignited their warrior traditions. The wisest, most powerful, and oldest females began to practice and lead as warriors like in the times before the Rachni. For the first time men plowed the dirt of Tuchanka, aided by the aliens gifts in the resurrected draft animals in the Kakliosaur, green nature and clean water began to pour forth from the cracked earth.

Much was rebuilt in the last sixteen years. Aqueducts flow into the reconstructed great city fortress of Bak'Ump, produce is grown under the earth, and the planet begins to show signs of health. The women of Tuchanka have turned warriors into builders, but they have not remained defenseless. Krogan are born for battle. Tuchanka is a test of survival for every Krogan. Some may see this progress as an abandonment of what made us great, but it is a return to what built our greatness.

Despite the clear progress the women have brought, some men remain unconvinced. Warriors ineligible for combat offworld whisper like cowards about "the female's misguided path". These whispers have intensified only in the most recent months after the Relay self repaired. Warchief Krav longs to return home with his warriors, but they have heard of the great changes to their home, and they do not appreciate the direction Tuchanka has taken. Urdnot Krav while on Earth, has made repeated diplomatic gestures to the Council for repayment of Krogan sacrifices. He wants power and wealth, and is willing to give many concessions to the aliens for Krogan to be given a place in the galaxy. Urdnot Bakara disagrees, and in her great wisdom has sought to take the Clans into an isolation for one Krogan generation. Both have a right to rule, but it remains to be seen who will win out in the end.

Infrastructure and Claimed Worlds: The Krogan DMZ, Unofficially after isolation it is being Reclaimed as "Ancestors' Moot"

Durak-Barren
Kanin-Terran
Kruban-Hostile
Tuchanka-Near Garden
-5x Mining Complex (5 Material Each =25 Total)
-1x Major Mining Complex (10 Material +8 for each Mining Complex= 50 Total)
-Small Spaceport (5 Credits per Infrastructure, 10 Inf x 5= 50 Credits)
Ruam-Gas Giant
Vaul-Gas Giant
Mass Relay

Kelim-Terran
Dor-Gas Giant
Sazgoth-Gas Giant

Tula-Gas Giant
Vard-Gas Giant

Infrastructure Income:

Credits: 95 per Turn
Material: 75 per Turn
Industry: -20 Material to 10 Industry

Military:
a) Terrestrial Forces:
Tuchanka
-x20 Militia

Defenses
Tier 2 Ground Defense

b) Space Fleets:

Aralakh System
-1x Light Cruiser
-1x Escort Carrier
-1x Fighter Wings
-3x Light Transports

-645 Infrastructure
-155 Military

S14

Alright G, finished the buying process

Hmm. This looks good, Turk, with one note - in your shoes, I would scrap some other spending and make sure to put Outposts or the like somewhere in Nith and Dranek. If you're claiming those systems, but don't have any presence, you'll need to either pacify them or go through the actual colonization process. Both of which take more time than just positing an existing Krogan presence in the systems.

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Sat May 27, 2023 10:27 am

What does the Extensive Eezo Deposits buff do for a planet?
Last edited by Segmentia on Sat May 27, 2023 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Turkducken
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Turkducken » Sat May 27, 2023 10:28 am

S14

Alright changed with G-Tech's point in mind
Discord: Turkducken#3718

That's a She/Her from me Boss

Metal...Gear?!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat May 27, 2023 10:34 am

Segmentia wrote:What does the Extensive Eezo Deposits buff do for a planet?

+100% Material Output from that planet; non-Extensive is +50%.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat May 27, 2023 10:36 am

History:
Broken, but not Beaten.

Durak-Barren
Kanin-Terran
Kruban-Hostile
Tuchanka-Near Garden
-4x Mining Complex (5 Material Each =20 Total)
-1x Major Mining Complex (10 Material +8 for each Mining Complex= 42 Total)
-Small Spaceport (5 Credits per Infrastructure, 9 Inf x 5= 45 Credits)
Ruam-Gas Giant
Vaul-Gas Giant
Mass Relay

Kelim-Terran
-Outpost (20 Credits, 20 Material, 5 Industry)
Dor-Gas Giant
Sazgoth-Gas Giant

-Outpost (20 Credits, 20 Material, 5 Industry)
Tula-Gas Giant
Vard-Gas Giant

Infrastructure Income:

Credits: 130 per Turn
Material: 102 per Turn
Industry: -20 Material to 10 Industry+ 10 Industry (Outposts) = 20 per Turn

Military:
a) Terrestrial Forces:
Tuchanka
-x5 Militia

Defenses
Tier 2 Ground Defense

b) Space Fleets:

Aralakh System
-1x Light Cruiser
-1x Escort Carrier
-1x Fighter Wings
-3x Light Transports

- 690 Infrastructure
- 110 Military

S14

This looks great Turk - accepted, and welcome. I look forward to seeing how the Clans integrate their numbers and ambitions with the wider galaxy's desire to reclaim and reinforce the ghosts of old borders.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Sat May 27, 2023 11:36 am

Turkducken wrote:Alright G, finished the buying process

Hmm. This looks good, Turk, with one note - in your shoes, I would scrap some other spending and make sure to put Outposts or the like somewhere in Nith and Dranek. If you're claiming those systems, but don't have any presence, you'll need to either pacify them or go through the actual colonization process. Both of which take more time than just positing an existing Krogan presence in the systems.

This has sparked another question from me: infrastructure can be placed anywhere within the same cluster, right? So, would I need to go through the colonization process to build stuff on other systems in the Shanxi Cluster?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat May 27, 2023 12:16 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:This has sparked another question from me: infrastructure can be placed anywhere within the same cluster, right? So, would I need to go through the colonization process to build stuff on other systems in the Shanxi Cluster?

Indeed; that should largely be the case for most factions, actually, unless they have very good reasons they would have been able to maintain a multi-system government. Delays in reaching/having meaningful interactions with other systems tend to provoke political fragmentation.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Sat May 27, 2023 12:36 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:This has sparked another question from me: infrastructure can be placed anywhere within the same cluster, right? So, would I need to go through the colonization process to build stuff on other systems in the Shanxi Cluster?

Indeed; that should largely be the case for most factions, actually, unless they have very good reasons they would have been able to maintain a multi-system government. Delays in reaching/having meaningful interactions with other systems tend to provoke political fragmentation.

In that case, it looks like Amaterasu will be my first target, since it is the closest human colony. Tiptree will be my second.

What infrastructure should I assume is on both worlds?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse