NATION

PASSWORD

Equilism Embassy: Regional Updates and Announcements

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Naivetry
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Equilism Embassy: Regional Updates and Announcements

Postby Naivetry » Thu May 07, 2009 1:52 am

For those of you who may be unfamiliar with this concept, this is a thread for regional news and updates. You are also free to ask questions about our region, post declarations of war, swipe liquor from the diplomatic cabinets, etc. Typically, embassies are arranged on off-site forums by permission of the host region. In that tradition, we have established a spot of Equilism sovereign territory* on these lovely forums, by the tacit permission of Admin and the Mods. ;)

* Sovereign territory in this case shall by no means be taken to alter the general rules, guidelines, or governing authority for posting on the forums.

Equilism Embassy

Entrance
Reception

The latest news from Equilism follows below.
Last edited by Naivetry on Thu May 27, 2010 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Naivetry
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Re: Equilism Embassy: Regional Updates and Announcements

Postby Naivetry » Thu May 07, 2009 1:53 am

Citizens of Equilism,

A State of Emergency is hereby declared by the Monarchy of The Realm.

I Westwind, King of The Realm of Equilism, do hereby invoke Emergency powers as provided in the Constitution of Equilism. I have consulted with and obtained the concurrance of Chaucerin, Lord High Steward in order to enact this State of Emergency.

A full announcement of high importance on the nature of this State of Emergency will be made to the region in 48 hours.

In the meantime, all Forum, Government, Civil, Military, and Judicial offices, mechanisms, and policies are placed under the full authority of the Monarchy. All Chancellors, Officers, Soldiers and Advocates shall carry out any directives given by the Monarch.

Specific directives are as follows:

- The E-Army is ordered to immediately garrison the region. All soldiers shall return to or stay in Equilism until further notice. All soldiers are ordered to endorse the following nations: The Monkye, Westwind, and Chaucerin.

- Regional Control of the region is now turned off.

- The Equilism Intelligence Agency is directed to raise the regional security level to 'Elevated' as a precaution.

- The Lord High Advocate is directed to continue the current Election Cycle as scheduled. No interruption of Elections is to take place.

- The Chancellory for Foreign Affairs shall direct all Ambassadors to post this notice of a State of Emergency in Equilism in their respective Embassies immediately, within 24 hours of this posting. The Chancellory is also notified to be prepared to make a similar Embassy posting of the announcement to be made in 48 hours.

- No new Embassies shall be accepted or established until after the announcement.

- Immigration and Domestic Affairs are directed to continue with their normal operations.

The Monarchy requests that the citizens of Equilism direct their attention to the forthcoming announcement for further information. Additional directives will be given as necessary.

State of Emergency
Established this 6th day of May, 2009
Westwind, King of The Realm of Equilism

Naivetry
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Fri May 08, 2009 9:28 pm

Announcement regarding the State of Emergency, by Westwind

Westwind wrote:Citizens of Equilism and friends across NationStates,

Thank you for you kind attention, and for your concern over the issuance of the current State of Emergency. I appreciate the interest you all have in the well being of our region. I have sought to draw your attention tonight to a matter of importance concerning the region of Equilism.

First of all, let me assure you that the State of Emergency does not mean that there is a problem or threat against us. At no time has the security of the region been at any risk from internal or external threats or forces. The region is secure. Nor are there any personal issues of concern in regards to this State of Emergency. It is my desire at this time to put your minds and hearts at ease. There is no cause for alarm or worry.

Now, I hope you will bear with me, as I explore a bit of Equilism history.

As most of you know, Equilism was founded in January 2004 by Equility (Max...no, not that one). And shortly thereafter I was recruited to the region. Within two weeks I was drawn onto the forum and elected into the first Senate of the region. At that time, our main leaders were Equility, Rhonanvin, Tomika, with the advice of Ostendt from Belgium. (Our first alliance was with Belgium, BTW.) Our first Constitutional Convention was in process. Equility had presented the first Constitution, having largely based it upon the as yet unratified ADN Constitution. Both of those Constitutions established a shared Executive. In ADN, it was the President and Director, while in Equilism it was the President and Prime Minister.

Another early advisor from outside the region was P-topia. I doubt that anyone still in Equilism will remember him. He and Ostendt helped us to structure, prepare and organize the region’s Military and Intelligence capabilities in the beginning. Tomika though, is the true founder of the E-Army. He devised our first rank structures, awards and training. He stepped down as Prime Minister, so that he could concentrate his time and efforts on the Military. (Which lead to me becoming Prime Minister in his place.) The foundation that he set for the E-Army was built upon from that day forward, all the way to the present

In the summer of 2004 as the game slumped and players took time for vacations, Equility shared the founder nation password with Ostendt and I, to look after the nation and region when he was absent. He said that he considered the two of us to be co-founders of the region.

Yet eventually, Ostendt choose to resign as a Commander in the E-Army, and withdraw from the greater gameplay of NationStates. ‘O’, as we knew him, showed up from time to time over the years to say ‘hi’, and his ancient nation was often found in Belgium. But it seems he has been gone now for quite some time.

Equility and I sought to guide the region as we could, while clearing the way for new players to have the opportunity to rise and take the reins of the region. Yet we held the concern that someday there could come a player that would rise up to the Presidency or Prime Ministership that would be a danger to the region. We basically decided that should such an event occur, that one of us would run for office against this person. We also sought to take turns in being the primary person taking care of the region in the background – advising and taking care of the administrative tasks. But finally one day, Equility went on vacation and never returned to full activity. He found that wide world of Real Life.

For a very long time I hoped and waited for him to return. I tried to maintain the vision and ideal for the region with which he founded it. And I admit, that I did not fully agree with all of his positions. And so I felt restricted in what I could do. But that was not healthy for the region. We always believed in making sure that Equilism was flexible, and I slowly edged towards more flexibility. Yet, time and again, my own interest was waning. I have been often ready to ‘retire’ from NationStates. I couldn’t abandon Equility’s region though. I was it’s caretaker. I was still waiting for him to return.

In 2006, the summer slump came and went. Activity did not recover. The Defender world of which we were a part, was dead. Influence was merely the final nail in the coffin, as the invader/defender dynamic had been fading for some time prior to the establishment of Influence. The government of Equilism was essentially dead as well. The only few posts on the forum were in the games areas. And that was waning too.

We still watched events in the other regions of NS. We were getting passed by as the whole NS World interregional dynamic had changed. We were failing to change with it. This precipitated the ‘Schism’ in October 2006, which revitalized the region, and established The Realm which has served us for nearly 2 ½ years. It was at this dynamic pivot in our history that I was able to shake myself from being a simple caretaker to being the founder in whole, of Equilism. That pivot is something that I used as a tool in our roleplay in carrying out the Schism.

So what has all this got to do with the State of Emergency that I declared 48 hours ago ? Why am I wasting your precious time with all this ?

Because another crucial moment, another pivot in the history of Equilism is upon the region. And because it is a rather personal and somewhat difficult moment for myself.

To everything there is a time and a season. And change is an immutable constant of the universe. Change is an endless stream that travels through this life, this universe in which we live. And change is what I have to give to Equilism, one last time.

And now the Announcement that you have been waiting for….

I, Westwind, King of The Realm of Equilism, do hereby abdicate the Monarchy of Equilism and relinquish the founding nation Equility, effective May 8, 2009 20:00 Mountain Daylight Savings Time. At that time, the Lord High Steward Chaucerin shall become Monarch of The Realm of Equilism, and Keeper of Equility.

The Steward is in possession of the current founder password, and will change the password at that time.

The State of Emergency shall continue in effect until Monarch Chaucerin orders otherwise.

My dear friends

In a time of endings, there are opportunities for new beginnings. Make full use of this opportunity. There is nothing but blue sky ahead of you. Nothing but possibilities. Do not let yourself be bound to the past. Do not let history hold you back. Refresh your vision, step forward renewed. Think out of the box and outside of the past.

Let me reassure you this one thing: I am not wholly leaving. I’ve accomplished everything that I wanted to, and more that I had ever imagined. I will be continuing to assist with the administration of this forum, and if you ever need advice or an opinion, I’ll be right over there.

*points to the rocking chair on the back porch*

My time of leading and guiding intrigue, events, and ideas are done. I’ve provided a parade of puppets as I’ve moved them home to Equilism, or revived them and brought them home to Equilism. I’d suggest making use of that apparent bump in population to the advantage of further recruitment. (I might even be willing to 'sell' a few puppets if anyone finds one interesting)

I know that the region couldn’t be in better hands. ‘Be with The Best’ isn’t just a slogan, we’ve lived it. Each and every one of you proves that. So many people past and present have given so much of themselves to make our region, our community, the great place that we have today. Thank you so very much for everything that each of you have done. We’ve proven that quality that can be built from such diversity from all over the world. We’ve proven that a world community can come together, work together, play together, and make our collective home a better place.

Thank you all for the opportunity to enjoy this game with you. Thank you for the opportunity to get to know some of you. Thank you for the opportunity to work with you, to choose sides with you, choose directions with you, build ideas together with you. Thank you for the time we've shared here in this corner of cyberspace. In this place called Equilism.

Peace,
Westwind
8 May, 2009
Last edited by Naivetry on Fri May 08, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naivetry
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Fri May 08, 2009 9:43 pm

Chaucerin, King of Equilism: Westwind Steps down, Steward accepts the Crown

Chaucerin wrote:It is with mixed emotions that I have agreed to ascend to the throne of Equilism and become only the second King of this great region.

While I am excited at the opportunity to grow and rebuild, I am feeling a profound sense of loss at what is surely the end of an age; and the Age of Westwind was a good one.

I have been in this region for nearly five years, and even when I was new, Westwind had already imprinted this region with his spirit and personality as one of The Founders. The contributions of Westwind in this region are literally too numerous to list. There will be another time and a place to give him his due for the peerless service that he has rendered to this region. Suffice it to say, for now at least, that no one has ever done more for us than Westwind.

Our task now is to look ahead.

We have all heard time and time again that we have come to the end of NationStates. We have all been told that the game is in decline and soon to die.

I have been hearing this for at least three years. I did not believe it then and I do not believe it now.

The game is very different now – the rules have changed and the names that once were legend are now forgotten. But that does not mean that the game is coming to end. New regions are still being born and new players are still joining. If we are to remain relevant and survive we must grow. We must adapt and join this new generation of players; we cannot remain married to old dogmas, we must evolve.

There is no secret to power and relevancy in Nation States. If you are a power at home, you will be relevant across this world.

We must become a power again, and together, we will. Our best days can still be ahead of us if we can unify to a single, higher purpose. Equilism, ancient and proud, can stand among the new titans of this game and be counted as the best among them. But we cannot do this as players; we can only do this together as a region.

In the next few days, I will consult with the newly elected Lord Chancellor as well as a circle or advisors who will represent this community. Together, we will lay out the direction for Equilism and announce our new imperatives. These new imperatives will not please you all, but they will ensure that we survive and that we thrive.

It has always been true that you will only get a region that is as good as you make it. Westwind showed us how true that can be, and now we will move on once again.

We will make a new region together, and it will be grand.

Effective immediately, I hereby name Naivetry as acting High Steward. This is a provisional appointment pending the outcome of the current elections for Lord Chancellor.

Macoksla
Spokesperson

Founded: May 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Macoksla » Sat May 09, 2009 4:55 pm

From the Desk of President Balivch

I would like to apply for an embassy what are th conditions.

Naivetry
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Sat May 09, 2009 11:29 pm

President Balivch,

In response to your query: this depends on whether you represent a nation or a region. Nations that wish to maintain contact with Equilism are directed to apply for diplomatic visitation privileges, or (preferably) citizenship in our region by registering at this address: http://www.equilism.org/forum. Equilism does not currently recognize embassies with individual nations, since our government represents a body of over 100 nations, itself.

If you represent a region, you may apply for an embassy exchange by following the guidelines posted here: http://www.equilism.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=4595

We thank you for your interest.

(Note that this is a Gameplay post, not a RP; the events discussed in this thread refer to the organization and activities of players/nations within our region. In other words, I'm not making this stuff up - it represents real changes in the way our community of players is constituted.)
Last edited by Naivetry on Sat May 09, 2009 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naivetry
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Mon May 11, 2009 9:21 pm

The Monarch Addresses the Region: Can You Hear Me Now?

Chaucerin wrote:Friends of Equilism:

It has now been better than a day since Westwind stepped down from the Monarchy and I ascended to the throne.

I would like to take this opportunity to address the region as King for the first time. There is nothing groundbreaking here, but there are a few importance notices to give out – it is my hope to communicate with all of you as often as possible.

First, the State of Emergency declared by Westwind is still in effect . I have not declared it closed, nor did West before retiring from the throne. The state of emergency will remain in effect until after the current election.

In order to remain within the confines of our law, I will ask the High Steward to confirm or deny extending the current State of Emergency.

Second, after the election of the Lord Chancellor, the High Steward and I will be making some announcements. A large reform of the government is in the works – easily the most extensive since the Schism.

Third, until further information is given the E-army is instructed to remain on garrison in Equilism (Army Commanders may contact me personally if a choice mission presents itself) and all WA nations are asked to endorse Chaucerin and The Monkye.

Lastly, I will be issuing a Royal Declaration within the next 24 hours – please keep an eye out for that.

I know that this is an odd time and that we are in limbo while we wait for the start of my rule as King to fully take shape. I do have a different vision for Equilism; I am a practical and goal-oriented man. My time as King will be equally practical and equally oriented to accomplishing some very important goals.

I would ask that any nation and any member with any concerns or question either air them here, or contact me privately.

Naivetry
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Mon May 11, 2009 9:40 pm

Royal Proclamation

Chaucerin wrote:On the night that Westwind ended his tenure as our King, I declared that there would be another time to celebrate the deeds that our friend and leader had accomplished.

Now is that time.

Equilism is old among the user-created regions. Our history stretched back to an older time in Nation States, back to when this world was new. In the ages that have passed great powers have faded and gone.

But we here in Equilism have remained and we have not faltered.

Paramount among the reasons for this is Westwind, and this proclamation will serve as the start of a period of celebration where we will trumpet the man and commit his name to our highest pedestal.

For the time that most of us have been here, Westwind has been constant. Not always agreed with and not always central to all events, the presence of this one player has acted as the foundation for our region and no one has ever had greater effect. There are a few of us who hoped to preserve the full identity of Equilism by preserving the past. Westwind did this all the while building the future as he went. It is no exaggeration to say that had Westwind not persevered as caretaker and leader of Equilism that Equilism would not be here.

People of Equilism:

Chaucerin, King of Equilism hereby declares that May 15th shall be known as The Feast of The Western Wind and be celebrated annually as a token of thanks to the great character and contributions of our first Monarch.

The King hereby directs the government of Equilism and the Chancellor for Domestic Affairs to see that an appropriate celebration is arranged for the first observation of this new regional holiday.

Further, the King also declares that Westwind be honored henceforth with the title The Father of Equilism for his unique and timeless leadership of this region.

All residing within this region should be prepared to offer their thanks to The Father of Equilism; the author of so much of our history.

By the power of my Royal office I do proclaim these titles and observances to be held as the law of this region.

Signed,
Chaucerin, King of Equilism and Keeper of Equility
11 May 2009

Naivetry
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Sat May 16, 2009 10:28 pm

The Feast of the Western Wind

May 15th is a special day in the Equilism calender. It is the Feast of the Western Wind, a day where we celebrate the life of Equilism's former King, Westwind.

Come join Equilism in celebrating the achievements of the father of Equilism, Westwind, as he enters retirement. Sit by the fire, and hear tales of past glory, or tell a story yourself (it doesn't even have to be true!) in the feast and story competition threads. Get on board for the safari, and other contests as we prepare for the big celebration!

There is plenty of fun to be had, plenty of reasons to celebrate. Not just Equilism, but all of Nationstates has been touched by Westwind. NS would not be the place it has been without him. So come on over today and help us farewell him!
Last edited by Naivetry on Sat May 16, 2009 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Naivetry
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:03 pm

The following statement, authored by Moo-cows with guns, was voted on and passed by the Parliament of Equilism, rather than being issued by the Foreign Affairs Ministry alone. It therefore carries the approval of the entire region and will serve to set our policy as a community for the foreseeable future.

Equilism Condemns Macedonian Empire

Equilism has always stood for sovereignty—ours and that of every other region in the game. Of late, there is a group who is violating regional sovereignty for kicks by taking over regions and ejecting the natives. These are not dead or dying regions, but regions who have long-standing communities.

Mencer and the Macedonian Empire have been responsible for destroying the following regions since 2006: Chad, Cyprus, Czech Rep., Andorra, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bolivia, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Brazil, Burma, Eritrea, Hungary, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Libya, Lithuania, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Moldova, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Serbia, Slovenia, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Venezuela, Yemen, Persia, Finland, Latvia, Estonia, Albania, France and Pakistan.

The latest is Belgium, one of our oldest friends and allies. Equilism will do all in her power to aid the refugees from Belgium and to prevent this from happening anywhere else. We cannot let this travesty stand without comment. Region destruction is not acceptable, and we will not allow it to happen. We cannot stand idly by while acts such as these go unchecked. We condemn Mencer and the Macedonian Empire for the ruination of Belgium, as well as France. Enough is enough and this must stop now.
Last edited by Naivetry on Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Westwind
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 26, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Westwind » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:34 am

:clap:

Equilism has long stood beside our friends in Belgium, and shall continue to do so. Liberation from the oppression of immature terrorists, as supported by the failings of NationStates Influence, is the goal we seek for our friends.
The Crimson King Westwind
King of The Realm of Equilism

Three Time World Assembly Delegate All Good People of The West Pacific
Former UN/WA Delegate Lewis and Clark of The North Pacific
Former Delegate Jolly Ole Saint Nick of Christmas
Among other things

Naivetry
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:54 am

E-Army Policy Statement and the Liberation of Belgium

On July 21, the Parliament of Equilism passed a new statement of policy for the E-Army. The statement was formulated by the Cabinet and then presented to the region at large for further discussion and voting. This marks the first time since the dissolution of the Commonwealth in Oct. 2006 that military policy has been reunited with civil government, and we are pleased to present the results of this regional decision for the scrutiny of our friends and allies.

E-Army Policy Statement

Equilism and the E-Army are dedicated to the principle of protecting regional sovereignty from those who seek to destroy it for their own gain.

We define regional sovereignty by control over the WFE, activity on the RMB, and the freedom of nations to associate peaceably with each other in the region of their choosing. We have always taken, and will continue to take, measures to protect against breaches of sovereignty.

We also recognize that not every incursion is a breach of sovereignty, since many such acts occur without interrupting any active talk on the RMB, and have little or no effect on the region at all. An incursion that affects an active delegate or an active RMB will be considered a breach of sovereignty. An incursion resulting in the ejection, or ejection and banning of native nations from the region, is still considered the highest crime against regional sovereignty possible, and must always take priority. Total regional destruction is both unacceptable and inexcusable.

To combat these actions, the E-Army will mobilize against incursions of this nature. We will be proactive in preventing them from happening whenever possible by helping the natives refound, or by refounding the region in danger for them. We will strive never again to sit idly by and watch a griefer lock down and empty a region of all natives, while we find ourselves powerless to do anything about it.

However, it is not enough to merely protect what sovereignty is left in the NS world. The E-Army will endeavor to increase the game territory over which sovereignty is exercised. We will reform regions which have fallen to the ravages of inactivity: regions without RMB activity, control over their WFE, or a delegate/founder. Such communities will be nurtured until they can retake their rightful place as sovereign regions, contributing to the NS world.

The E-Army aims to create a reformed and vibrant NS world. What was once dead shall flourish under guidance. The role we will take is alternative to what is currently being practiced. We are neither defender nor raider; we are a Reform Army.

The officers of the E-Army are in the process of formulating a Standard Operating Procedure for refoundings that will protect the sovereignty of natives with the absolute minimum of intrusion. Further information will be made available to those of our friends in the defender world for whom the details of such a policy may be of concern.

In the wake of this statement of policy, the E-Army was privileged to participate, along with the FRA, Texas, Liberty Alliance, and NasiCorps (represented by Goobergunchia) in the most high-profile mission in recent history: the liberation of Belgium.

E-Army High Command was informed that there was a chance to liberate Belgium, which had been under an invisible password for almost 2 months, approximately 13.5 hours before update. Upon reception of the message, E-Army soldiers were notified of an important mission in an undisclosed target region, with less than 12 hours to mobilize. In the end, Equilism provided the largest contingent of troops (8) from a single region, including not only E-Army soldiers, but civilians and reserve members as well. E-Army Chief of Staff Whamabama has awarded all participants a campaign medal (created by Commander Tarricoe) in honor of their contribution.

Image Belgium Campaign Medal
The following troops are awarded this medal.

Agamemnon
Felasia
Flexion
Naivetry
New Kervoskia
Pirate Soviets
Whamabama
Zaamathi

As we move into a new era of military policy, we are proud to stand alongside traditional defenders, as we always have, in the fight to protect regions from destruction.

In conclusion, we would like to draw your attention to the official statement on the liberation of Belgium, located here: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=314282#p314282 Our thanks and congratulations go out to all of our friends who participated in this historic mission, especially to the FRA for the alert, and to their intel agents whose contributions, though necessarily anonymous, made this victory possible.

In addition, I would like to note that Prime Minister The Monkye has just been reelected. As soon as we have a cabinet (and therefore a Foreign Affairs Minister), we will be returning to a more regular pattern of updates. :) Thank you for your patience!

Naivetry
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:53 pm

Unexpected Changes in Equilism: Chaucerin Resigns, Naivetry Becomes Monarch

In a region known for its deliberation, the sudden resignation of the Monarch has come as a surprise. Citing Real Life pressures as well as a sense of exhaustion after five years of being involved in regional leadership, Chaucerin has stepped down as King and left the Founder nation in the hands of Naivetry.

Chaucerin's original announcement can be read here. Later in the thread, Chaucerin clarified his intentions:

I'm going to book-end this now so that the people who will replace me can get on with running the show. This is likely going to be my last post quite a while, so I'll keep it brief.

The community here has done nothing wrong, in fact, the strength and allure of this community is what has kept me here and active for as long as I have. My departure is predicated only on one thing; I'm tired of being at the center and I'm tired of having to steer the ship.

Since yesterday, I've changed my mind a little bit and I probably will not be ending my time in Equilism entirely, but I will at least be taking a huge step back and a break that I expect to last well into the fall at very least. I'm not making any plans other than that but my unhealthy fondness for this place leads me to think that I'll not be gone forever.

Having said that, I have no intention of ever serving in government again -- ever -- seriously. I've disposed of all my puppets, but I will park my original nation back in the region now that I've had an update to shed my influence. I won't be logging in again any time soon, so anyone who needs to get a hold of me can do so by PM.

Thanks to all for the kind words. West, you are gracious as always and the only King that Equilism could ever possibly have. Nai, you are just too precious for words.

So long for now.

Naivetry has also posted her first address to the region as Monarch, discussing Equilism as a community, the direction she envisions for the region, and her reaction to her unexpected change in status:

In June 2007, Chaucerin resigned as Lord High Advocate and left me with the job. At the time I told him that I was honored – terrified, but honored – to be considered as his replacement.

Two years later, I find that Chauce has resigned again, and left me in charge once more. I must say that while I'm flattered at the show of confidence, I really wish he didn't trust me quite so much. :P

I hope you will forgive me the quip; while tongue-in-cheek, it betrays a deeper truth. I have never been eager to hold the role of the Founder in Equilism. There is one very simple reason why: I knew that if I ever found myself in that position, it would mean Equilism had suffered losses I could scarcely imagine – the loss of Neo-Conservatism, Tse Moana, Westwind, and Chaucerin, and perhaps others I did not then know. And over time – slowly, but all too soon – that almost unbearable thought has become reality.

To be sure, it wasn't as bad as I pictured it. New members have joined us and become as dear to me as the friends I knew at first. And though Tse is still absent, Neo has returned; Westwind (thank God) is still here; and Chaucerin (conspicuously not thanking God) may still return someday to finish trouncing me in the religion thread on the Open Debate Board.

But the fact remains that I'm only speaking to you today because someone else is not. The ascension of a new Monarch means the loss, to at least some extent, of the old one. A sort of death is inextricably connected with change. Those of us who are left to make a new beginning have to face that shadow as we move on.

If there's one thing I can promise you, it's that Chauce's shadow will be felt very strongly as we move on. It's become a commonplace to note that NationStates forum life is a remarkably good simulation of real life politics. In truth, however, NS is a remarkably good simulation of real life because it is real life. None of us are government leaders outside of these forums, but while we're here, the conversations we have and the decisions we make shape our time together – at least that portion of it which each of us chooses to spend here. That is the curious reality behind our virtual world – the reality which makes each member's departure seem like a death and each return like a resurrection.

Like most of us, I think, I've occasionally been guilty of forgetting that the real reason we're all here is to enjoy each other's company. It's easy to get lost in the rush of government business until visiting the forum seems like a chore. I know that sometimes when I'm absent, it's because I don't feel I can face the to-do list that will be waiting for me here. I can't help but think that that feeling has been behind most of the departures we've seen in our history, including this most recent one.

If there's one thing I want to see change for us as a community, it's that. Some of our newer members may not feel it; but I think all of us who have been in leadership will understand – and I think we would all agree that that's not something we want the next generation of leaders in Equilism to have to face if we can help it.

I'll put it simply: I'm tired of projects. I'm tired of keeping up activities which began from the enthusiasm of members when the enthusiasm to keep them up is no longer there. We are a region with rich traditions, but Equilism is not a tradition – it is a community. I want us to hold off on asking what we can do for our community, until we've asked what our community wants to do.

I may hold the Founder nation today, but Equilism isn't about me. I have ideas about where we can go from here, but I don't want to go there without each and every one of you.

Over the past four months, we've experimented with a number of new initiatives for the region – some of which have worked, and some of which we've had to correct as we went along. This process of correction will continue, but, I hope, in what may come as an unexpected direction.

In my mind, the constitution of the Confederation was meant to recollect the old Commonwealth constitution under which I joined Equilism. In the end, we also took so many clauses from the constitution of the Realm, and rewrote so many others in the quest for activity, that it became more unwieldy than either of the documents it superseded.

I propose to correct this by a simple expedient. I hereby request that the Prime Minister bring before Parliament a vote to restore the Commonwealth.

Many of you may not realize the significance of that proposition. Those who do remember the Commonwealth may be scratching your heads. After all, under the Commonwealth, Equilism fell into such a state of inactivity that the leading members of the region decided it would be better to stage a civil war than allow Equilism to fade away under a broken system. Am I asking that we return to a system that has been proven not to work?

No. As a region, we learned important lessons from the Schism that it would be foolish to discard. The Commonwealth constitution will need to be amended to account for the realities of NationStates gameplay that we have come to recognize since. In particular, we must recognize five specific principles: the role of the Founder as a safeguard for the ideals of the region, the centrality of the E-Army to our regional identity, the as-needed nature of the work of the Judiciary in NationStates, the importance of recruitment for our continued well-being as a community, and the necessity of encouraging new members to bring their ideas to the table as equal partners with those who have more experience. I have in mind changes that I believe will address those goals and principles; but if this effort is to succeed, I will need the input, criticism, and support of Equilism as a whole to ensure that we as a community choose to govern ourselves by a document acceptable to all.

In other words, the vote I am requesting puts forward one simple question: will Parliament sanction my proposal of a new constitution for our region, and allow discussion and voting on the matter to be opened to Equilism as a whole – or failing that, opened at least to the consideration of Parliament? If so, then I will refrain from appointing a Governor General until the question of the constitution is settled. If, in the end, we cannot reach a better compromise document than the one under which we currently operate, then first of all I will eat my hat; and afterwards I will appoint a Governor General as called for by the current constitution, and request sponsors for amendments and other legislation less sweeping in scope to be voted on piecemeal.

This is not only about the legal structure of our government, but about a return to the spirit of cooperation, trust, and give-and-take that has always characterized Equilism at its best. It is about reclaiming our past and using it to shape our future. It is about reimagining our community.

In conclusion, I want to draw your attention to a small change you may have noticed recently: the security status has been lowered from 'Elevated' to 'Guarded' on the recommendation of the Equilism Intelligence Agency. More than a simple cosmetic alteration, this goes hand in hand with my conviction that the changes we have ahead of us are not ones we need to fear. NationStates is stirring with innovations in the code and the return of old players, while shifting dynamics between raiders and defenders have brought us back closer to our friends and allies in the defender world. We are not alone. We have our friends, and most importantly we have each other. In the end, that is what truly matters.

I leave the question of the constitution in the hands of the Prime Minister and Parliament, and wait with anticipation for your response.

In the mean time, please join me once again in thanking Chaucerin for the foundational role he has played in our community over so many years. We could not have asked for a fiercer guardian of our laws, a stronger defender of our community, or a better friend. Cheers, Chauce.

Thank you for your attention, everyone, especially if you read that all the way through. :P I look forward to seeing what the new day has in store for all of us. And I look forward to finding out with you.

Yours,
~Naivetry
Keeper of Equility

Naivetry has since opened a new thread entitled, "Suggest a title for the Monarch, because 'King' is right out". If you have any ideas, please feel free to stop by and give your opinion!

Naivetry
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

E-Army Special Report: Feudal Japan

Postby Naivetry » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 am

*****E-Army Special Report*****

E-Army Special Forces engaged the entrenched enemies in Feudal Japan at 04:09 GMT, and with the Combined Liberation Army removed The Ever Vigilent Shogun of Hamagatama Zenshi from the WA Delegate's chair, nearly two years after the initial invasion.

The liberation occurred about six weeks prior to the fourth anniversary of the founding of Feudal Japan.

The region Feudal Japan was founded by Nobunagas Revenge in November 2005. Its stated objective was to protect small regions from invasions; ones too small and insignificant for larger defender organizations to look after. It is our expressed pleasure to be able to show our appreciation for this noble objective, through our efforts to gain the region's freedom.

The liberation delegate, The Successful Sedges of Marshgrassistan, updated the World Factbook Entry to recognize the contributions made to the Combined Liberation Army:

Liberated by the FRA, TITO, Equilism, Texas, Europeia, 00000 A World Power, Yggdrasil, The United Kingdom, Crusaders of Justice, Liberty Alliance, Antarctica, and Royal Federation of Nations.

Feudal Japan had been captured and password protected against the natives in 2007 by Catlandatopia. The natives established the new region Tokugawa Japan as their refuge in the wake of the terror that lay upon their homeland. Today's liberation was made possible by World Assembly Security Council Resolution #6, passed by a vote of 4,575 to 894 on August 25th, which lifted the password that Catlandatopia set in place.

Equilism would like to thank all the participants in the liberation, and is pleased to welcome home the natives of Feudal Japan.

****end report****

This 'News from the Front' report has been a community service of the E-Army.
Defending Freedom, The E-Army. Be With The Best !

Naivetry
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Octoberfest, come one, come all

Postby Naivetry » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:14 am

Ladies and gentlemen,

The time of October is upon us, with Autumn coming for those in the Northern Hemisphere, and Spring for southies. Either way, it's good weather for a celebration, and that is what we bring to you today:

Equilism Octoberfest

Using the month-long German beer festival as a unifying banner, we will be celebrating many achievements in this festival, both personal and regional. The Prime Minister, Lady Naivetry, and Chaucerin are amongst those being celebrated, and if you are the forum's 250,000th poster, you'll be up for a bit of glory as well.

So come one, come all, enjoy the festivities, take part in the activities and most important of all, savour the BEER!

Naivetry
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:18 pm

A New Constitution

Discussions concerning the establishment of a new Constitution for Equilism were begun shortly after Lady Naivetry became our new Monarch, when King Chaucerin stepped down. While the discussions got off to a slow start, a number of inventive ideas have been presented as well as simplified proposals. Pirates and Dr. Horrible were seen lurking behind some of the proposals, and what the outcome might be is yet to be seen. Stay tuned for future news on the fate of Equilism's Constitution.

Elections

High Advocate Westwind posted an announcement reminding the region that the November Prime Minister election is set to begin on November 5th. As per our Constitution, there will be five days for candidate nominations, followed by five days of voting. Candidates may campaign throughout the election cycle.

Octoberfest!

While the Beer Hall has been too noisy for anyone to talk, and Naivetry is trying to stare at her beer instead of drink it, the competition for a regional flag and anthem have entered the voting stage. Expect to see the winners in our next update. In the meantime, feel free to stop by and sample the variety in the ever noisy Beer Hall.

The World Assembly

-Repeal "Commend 10000 Islands"
0 For, 7 Against, 0 Abstain

Equilism stood strong in support of the Commendation of 10000 Islands, with all voting WA citizens casting their votes against the appeal. We were truly disappointed in the passage of the Repeal.

Equilism is also concerned over the developing 'tit-for-tat' exchange of condemnation resolutions in the Security Council.

-National Economic Freedoms
0 For, 5 Against, 0 Abstain

Finding the proposal flawed, the WA voters declined to support this resolution.

-Habeas Corpus
0 For, 3 Against, 0 Abstain

With all of the few votes cast opposing the resolution, our Delegate voted against the resolution.

E-Army

Having returned from the success of the Feudal Japan Liberation, the E-Army has been working to continue the effort to ensure the security of regional sovereignty. The High Command continues to process new applicants, and get them placed into training as cadets.

Foreign Affairs

Equilism would like to apologize for the recent lack of updates from our region to yours. You are important to us, and we want to keep the lines of communication open. Our doors are always hope to hear from you, and we appreciate each and every update you have brought to us on the happenings in your region.

Open Debate

Recently, debate has centered upon a few threads including the 'History is cyclical' thread with contributions from The Monkye, Biyah, Astarial, Chaucerin, The Hypercube and Naivetry. The perennial favorite 'God doesn't work, faith is a trick' has seen recent action, as well as the 'Generations to Come' thread.

If you love a good debate, Equilism has just the place for you.

Role Play

Tarlisea has started a new Role Play, "The Government of Equilism", where everyone can RP their government roles in Equilism. Our visitors and diplomats from region all around NationStates are invited to participate as well. So far, the Prime Minister and Members of Parliament seem to be wandering around the great halls of Parliament, or enjoying the surrounding gardens.

Roll Call! has been called for in Star Trek:Equilism. Players have been asked to report by October 30th, or face the prospect of being dropped from the roster. The current mission continues, and anyone who would like to join should contact Tarlisea.

There has also been a suggestion that the crew of Star Trek:Equilism might consider working together on the missions in the new Star Trek Online once it has launched. Several Equilism members have applied for the closed beta of the upcoming game.

The Equilism Enquirer

The lastest occasional issue of the Equilism Enquirer was published this week, with a curious headline about the Delegate of The North Pacific, Equilism citizen John Ashcroft Land.

And that's the way it was in Equilism.....thank you until next time....

Naivetry
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:39 am

Elections, returning faces, and a new Prime Minister

A couple curious turns of events occurred with our recent elections. Having announced the new election cycle, Westwind resigned as High Advocate and turned over management of the election to Advocate General/Governor General Felasia. He immediately joined Parliament, as did two other returning members - Chaucerin and Astarial. (Westwind and Chaucerin chose to pass on the Equilism Rite of Passage, while Astarial is in the process of undergoing the Rite as of this writing).

Nominations for Prime Minister went to Westwind, Flexion, The Monkye, Phendarrah, Tarlisea, and Whamabama. Three of those accepted nomination, leading to the final election results:

Westwind - 72.73%
The Monkye - 0.00%
Phendarrah - 9.09%
Abstain - 18.18%

In coordinating the transfer of the Delegacy from The Monkye to Westwind, it was decided that Monk should hold the Delegacy for a few more days, so that he can reach his 400th day in the delegate's chair.

Official Equilism Flag Adopted

With 56% of the vote, the official flag of Equilism was adopted in a regionwide vote. The flag raising ceremony brought tears and expressions of nationalistic pride to nations throughout the region. Kubrickistan suggested that a regional Equilism Flag Day holiday be considered, while Russian-Republics somehow spilled vodka on the flag.

Equilism indecision on an Anthem

The runoff vote between the finalists in the Regional Anthem contest has resulted in a tie vote. While polling has remained open, no further votes have been made since November 9th. The two songs in contention are:

Fanfare for the Common Man (proposed by Westwind)
Last of the Wilds (proposed by The Monkye)

There appears to be increasing support for a mash-up of the two songs. The proposed new Anthem title: "Fanfare for the Last of the Commonly Wild Men" seems to be most favored.

To a New Commonwealth

Regional discussions on a new Constitution have reached the point of a fine tuning of the final document, and preparation to move towards a regionwide vote. The current Confederation of Equilism, a Constitutional Monarchy would be replaced by a return to our earlier formation as a Commonwealth of Nations.

Equilism Around The World Flight Race

The race which began on November 1st has just concluded with all the contestants reaching the finish line . The final scores of the race are:

Whamabama- 28
Naivetry - 25
Felasia - 24
The Monkye - 21
Flexion - 14
Astarial - 13

The World Assembly

- Liberate The Security Council
The current resolution up for vote has been offered to the region with slightly different voting options. Support for the resolution appears overwhelming.

For, then continue laughing - 9
Abstain, to continue laughing - 0
Against because this isn't funny. - 1

- Repeal "Protection of monuments"
11 For, 0 Against, 0 Abstain

- Condemn Grub
0 For, 11 Against, 0 Abstain

- International Competition Law
5 For, 1 Against, 0 Abstain

- Protection of monuments
1 For, 3 Against, 1 Abstain

E-Army

The E-Army has been busy chasing raiders around the NS world. From Pyoko, to Westdale, to Leckenby, and even The Universe. If you want to see the World, the E-Army has a billet waiting just for you. Recruit trainees are always welcome, and Officers are always plotting our next move.

Foreign Affairs

Activity in Equilism Foreign Affairs has been slow as we pass through our election cycle and Constitutional discussions. Newly elected Prime Mininster Westwind has expressed the importance of Equilism's presence and activity in interregional affairs and looks foward to working to improve our communications with our friends around the NS world. A more frequent update from our region to yours is one of the important steps in reaching this goal.

Open Debate

The long running favorite debate thread, "God doesn't work, faith is a trick" continues to be active as does "Humanitarian Intervention" , "Creation vs Evolution" , "History is cyclical" , and the new "A Reason to Believe". Anyone is welcome to join in our fine and respectful debates.

Role Play

Kubrickistan has taken up Bartending in the E-Bar, and returning member Vasilii (last seen in 2006) has been frequenting the E-Bar as well. A strangely squirming burlap bag still lays next to Westwind.

The 5th Mission of Star Trek: Equilism continues. The USS Equilism was last seen encountering an unstable temporal-spatial anomaly disturbance, while the USS Salvador makes way at warp 7 towards the USS Equilism.

The RP Government of Equilism sees former Prime Minister The Monkye cleaning out his office at the same time new Prime Minister Westwind is moving in. There seems to be a spatial anomaly going on there too perhaps. Kubrickistan and Tarlisea are known to frequent the Judicial Library as well.

Fun and Games

Phendarrah and Westwind started new games "Random Game" and "Don't answer the question above you". Old favorites continue to be active, such as "Who Will Post Next", "Three Word Story", and "Extreme Count to 1000 (x2)".

Caption Contest #39 was won by Astarial for the following picture:

"He tried, but ultimately Grandpa West just couldn't blend in with the younger generation. "
- Astarial

That's all for this update ! Thank you for reading :)

Southern Bellz
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Southern Bellz » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:02 am

Does it ever get lonely in here? Hey Nai :)

Naivetry
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:47 am

From time to time. Hey there. :)

I've been meaning to make the rounds of other regional forums and encourage people to start up real embassies here, too; just haven't gotten around to it. The offsite forums list includes links to 'embassy' threads here, but I think the FRA is the only other gameplay group posting here regularly.

The Monkye
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 02, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Monkye » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:00 am

WA Delegate: Westwind
Security Status: Guarded

Having passed yet another Constitution, the Equilism Assembly is deep in debate on proposals dealing with Juror selection, the line item amendment, and the proper place of themed governments. The Assembly has 23 members at the moment, and hopefully more of them will chime in on the debates!

Domestic Affairs:

DA Minister: Tarlisea
Deputy DA Ministers: Flexion, Kubrikistan

The ever-secretive Tarlisea has hinted that the approach of Christmas will bring a new exciting celebration in the region. Unfortunately, our attempts to infiltrate his department to get more details have thus far failed.

Immigration:

Immigration Minister: The Monkye
Deputy Immigration Minister: Neo North-America

The Minister has announced his intention to hold a recruitment competition to bolster our efforts to grow the region. It will be open to all members of Equilism, so stay tuned for more details!

Recruiter of the Week #47 is once again The Monkye. Pleas for someone to topple him from his smug perch on top of the jungle gym have as yet gone unanswered. Neo North-America has offered no statement explaining his failure to challenge the reigning champion. Believed to be adrift in the Pacific Ocean, last sighted in a kayak near the Phillipines, he could not be reached for comment.

Foreign Affairs:

FA Minister: Phendarrah
Deputy FA Minister: Astarial

The FA department is considering consulate, embassy, and/or treaty requests from Novus Licentia Terra, Feudal Japan, and Corporate, and is looking at our existing embassies and consulates to determine whose should be kept. Long-inactive embassies might be subject to closure, so we strongly encourage popping over to your embassy if it's lain dormant for some time.

Military:

Military Minister: Whamabama

The E-Army has been active lately, most recently in liberating Milennium, The Dark Sphere Cabal, Utopia, and The Beatles. Keep up the good work, troops!

In the World Assembly:

The following resolutions have been voted on (Bold indicates the vote lodged):

- Cultural Heritage Protection
5 For, 1 Against, 1 Abstain

- Commend Goobergunchia
9 For, 0 Against, 0 Abstain

- Liberate Democratia
10 For, 0 Against, 0 Abstain

-Commend Anti World Assembly
3 For, 5 Against, 1 Abstain

*Current Vote*
- First Tort Reform Act
0 For, 6 Against, 0 Abstain

On the Debate Board:

There's been a fair bit of activity on our Open Debate Board recently. Perennial favorite God doesn't work, faith is a trick saw Flexion, Vasilii and Chaucerin busy, and The Monkye started two topics, on Holocaust Denial and the Copenhagen Conference/Climate Change. In addition, many Equilismers have expressed their disgust at Switzerland's banning of minarets in the Current Events forum.

Role Playing and Games:

There's been a good bit of activity in the traditional 'spam' forums too. In the European Elimination Thread, first round winner Ireland was eliminated first in the second round. A new RP entitled Trans-E-Vania was started, though it has slowed down after some initial action. Anyone who likes vampires or werewolves is encouraged to get involved. The E-Bar and the Equilism Anime Fan Club also attracted some action, with the E-Bar locking down in preparation for what looks like an outbreak of destruction with the return of Some Emo Guy.

Caption Contest #40 has been started by Astarial:

Anyone who thinks they've got a funny response to that is encouraged to post it

And thats all for this edition folks, we hope you enjoyed it, so until next time!
Last edited by The Monkye on Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Equilism citizen and ninja wizard.

The Monkye
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Monkye » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:38 pm

First Minister: Westwind

Activity has begun to rise again after Equilism's lack of activity during Christmas time.

Upcoming Events:
Founding/Reunification Day Festival
"In the New Year, Equilism is celebrating some of the most important dates in its history. Firstly, on the 4th of January, there will be the Reunification Day, celebrating the end of our infamous Schism in 2007. Between then and the 13th, there will be games, fun and a ballroom available for everyone to gather and enjoy. The festival will formally close (though should keep going for a while afterwards) after the completion of Founding Day celebrations on the 13th, celebrating our founding way back in 2004. Everyone is invited to come and participate in the festivities."

We encourage you to get involved!

Co-Founder Designated

Naivetry announed the selection of a Co-Founder in accorance with the Equilism Commonwealth Constitution:

Co-Founder Announcement

Westwind is hereby designated as Co-Founder of the Equilism Commonwealth of Nations, with all the duties, rights, and responsibilities appertaining thereto. As of this posting, I have sent him the password to the Founder nation, Equility, and both he and I will jointly be responsible for maintaining it and ensuring the continued security of the region.

Roleplay
Current popular RP topics include the ever popular E-Bar, Trans-E-Vania for the werewolf and vampire lovers, and of course Star Trek: Equilism for those who like Star Trek.

Hot Debates
Equilism's debate board has been going off as people look to avoid Christmas by any means possible. These include the evergreen God Doesn't work, Faith is a Trick thread, as well as A reason to believe, Holocaust Denial and The Copenhagen Conference.

Domestic Affairs (Tarlisea)
Has recently created the list of events which records all activities in the region and has appointed Kubrikistan as deputy minister of Domestic Affairs for welcoming new nations to the region. Tarlisea will soon be helping out with the Founding/Reunification event.

Foreign Affiars (Phendarrah)
Has been extending Equilism’s foreign relations to newer regions. Most recently Equilism has opened relations with:
Nisyros
Democratic Socialist Alliance
Corporate
Feudal Japan
Novus Licentia Terra

FA minister has recently created a record of all ambassadors in the region.

Immigration (The Monkye)
Has been organizing Founding/Reunification Festival, and continuing with the recruiter of the week awards. The Immigration Minister is still working on increasing the number of endorsements the WAD receives. The Monkye is yet to unveil some of his secret history of Equilism project.

Recruiter of the week #51 is Naivetry with a massive 510 nations.

E-Army (Whamabama)
The military’s activity has been a little less active over Christmas.

Recent WA votes:

Liberate Utopia
For: 8-0

Commend Todd McCloud
For: 5-0

International Postal Union
For: 5-2

Condemn Axis of Evil
Against: 0-7

Current Active Games:

Who will post next? (by Equility)
European Elimination (by Tycholand)
Caption Contest (by Astarial)
Suggest a New Years Resolution for the poster above you

Regional Anthem Competition Results
Fanfare for the Common Man (Westwind) - 5 votes
Last of the Wilds (The Monkye) - 4 votes
None of the above - 3 votes

So Fanfare for the Common Man is the official regional anthem of Equilism!

Legal Proceedings Act Vote Results
14 people voted for it and none against it, so it is now codified.

And that’s all from this update!

Cheers
Phen, FA Minister
Last edited by The Monkye on Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Monkye
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Monkye » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:35 pm

Population: 169

Announcement!

We are hosting a new and exciting recruiting competition that will involve all regions who are interested in participating. This inter-regional competition is going to begin on February the 1st and end on February the 28th. Neither small nor large regions will be unduly disadvantaged, because the winner will be the one with the greatest population increase by number. This wonderful competition is being run by The Monkye, who can be contacted by telegram, or by PM or on our forum, for more information.

The Monkye will need some help making sure all participants receive regular updates, so if you’re interested in being one of those helpers please let The Monkye, or one of our other members know.

Please respond promptly if you want to take part in this mutually beneficial activity.

Founding and Reunification Festival:
The festival was kick-started by The Monkye who wrote the history of equilism chapters 1 to 3 project and he encouraged everyone on the forum to get involved but unfortunately not many members got involved in the wonderful celebration because of an initial masking mix up which was fixed fairly quickly.

Treaty with Liberalia
We are currently voting on a treaty with Liberalia, and so far 7 people have voted and all of them have voted ‘yes’, so it looks like the treaty will be put in to action soon.

Immigration (The Monkye)
Immigration has been the busiest of all the cabinet lately, organising the inter-regional competition and writing up the 2009 immigration review. Rumor has it that The Monkye might be organising a convention to discuss what can be done to improve Equilism for the future.

Week 1: The Monkye won the recruiter of the week award with 30 nations recruited.
Week 2: The Monkye won the recruiter of week award again with 40 nations recruited.
Week 3: The Monkye won the recruiter of week award again with 105 nations recruited.

Foreign Affairs (Phendarrah)
FA has been mainly inactive lately due to Phendarrah being away for a while. The minister is writing up a list of job possibilities for the deputy minister to do, and this should be released next week and a consulate has been created between our region and the Democratic Socialist Alliance.

Domestic Affairs (Tarlisea)
DA has slowed down a bit lately and this issue will hopefully be solved soon.

E-Army (Whamabama)
The military hasn’t done much after Christmas.

WA Results

(Repeal) Liberate land of the liberals
For: 2-0 and one against (still pending)

Repeal "Stem Cells For Greater Health"
For: 0-8

Liberate Free Thought
For: 5-1

Liberate land of the liberals
For: 1-8

Games and Fun
A new game has been started by Phendarrah called Member Elimination, and other popular games include Who will post next?, European Elimination, and Guys verses Gals if you want to get involved.

Role Playing
Current role playing includes the ever strong The E-bar, while trans-e-vania has seemed to have gone a bit quiet.

That’s it for this update. :)

The Monkye
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Monkye » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:37 am

Aaannd we've finally got another update prepared. Here it is:

Delegate: Kubrikistan, 35 endorsements
Population: 162

Merger with the AoSS
A proposed merger between the AoSS and Equilism is continuing to go in circles, with no end in sight. Uncertainty as to residency requirements sparked furious debate in both public and private spheres, culminating in the first ever decision by our first ever Regional Advocate, Tarlisea, who ruled that the Equilism constitution requires residency in the region and on the forum for citizenship to be granted. The future of the merger is uncertain, though we are pleased that it has given us two new members, Hyper Hippies, our new Deputy Immigration Minister, and Grand Kieranian, the new Domestic Affairs Minister!

Foreign Affairs
Minister: Phendarrah

The FA department has been hard at work filling empty ambassador seats and quibbling about bailiwicks - and of course monitoring the merger discussions for its effects on our foreign policy. The minister and one of his deputies have been busy with Real Life ™, and thus the running of the department has fallen on the poor, hapless Astarial. Woe!

Domestic Affairs
Minister: Grand Kieranian

The Domestic Affairs ministry is working on an activity incentive system to replace Tse Points, as discussed in the Better Equilism Convention. And, planning is underway for a Roman themed festival! Anticipated start date is the Ides of March, so be sure to wash your togas and repair your sandals. You won't want to miss this!

Immigration
Minister: Kubrikistan

Recruiter of the "Week" (because really, who can keep track of these tricksy time scales?) is Kubrikistan, narrowly beating out his deputy, Hyper Hippies. And as everybody knows, second place is only the first loser. Maybe next time, HH!

More stuff could go here!

E-Army
Minister: Whamabama

The E-Army saw action in The Proletariat Coalition, defending against a raider invasion of that ancient region. Equilism and TPC have a history of friendship and cooperation that extends back six years. Delegate of The Proletariat Coalition, The United Socialist States of Blackbird, appreciated the support:

Thanks to our allies for keeping out the silly invaders. They come. And they fail. As they have for many, many years.

In Solidarity Comrades,

Blackbird

If you would like to join in the E-Army's efforts to fight against the infringement of regional sovereignty by the terrorism of raiders, contact Military Minister Whamabama.

Better Convention Equilism
This is still quite active, discussing lots of important current topics about improving the region.

Current WA Results

Universal Clinical Trials Act (Still pending)
Against: 1-0

Disaster Preparedness Act
For: 3-0

A Promotion of Basic Education Act

Primary Education Act
Against: 7-1

Ban on Ex Post Facto Laws Act
Against: 4-1-1

Justice for All Act
Against: 6-0

Universal Library Coalition
For: 4-0

Repeal: The Right To Education Act
Against: 4-0

Commend A Mean Old Man
Against: 8-0-1

Standardized Passport Act
Against: 3-1

Repeal: Liberate The Security Council

International Radio Act

Games and Fun
Stuff goes here!

Role Playing
Equilism may be expanding its role play menu, if the AoSS decides to move their fleshed out worlds over to our forum. This could mean a host of new opportunities for our RPing members, so stay tuned!

A new Star Wars role play has been started by Korriban-Ziost, so if you're into Star Wars, head over and check it out!

And that's it for now.

The Monkye
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Monkye » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:38 am

Delegate: Kubrikistan, 36 Endorsements
Population: 159

Announcements and Other Sundry
Behold!

A new E-vent has arisen, courtesy of the Ministry of Domestic Affairs.

Julius Caeser's Winter Festival! A combination between Roman and Winter themed activities, this festival will consist of many activities, including E-Wards (nominations are still open), the announcement of our new incentive system, and many other most exciting activities, including Gladiatorial Competitions!

Come on over to our lavishly decorated villa and join in the fun!

In the Government
Discussions with the AoSS are still underway, though they appear to be winding down. Hopefully a resolution will be had soon!

The Assembly is currently discussing two bills, the Endorsement Cap Law, and the Grammatical Corrections Act. The former obviously deals with the regional endorsement cap, and needs updating from its previous version under the previous government, and the latter is intended to address fixing minor insignificant errors, such as typos, in legislation.

Up for a public discussion and vote in the Public Courtyard is the Charter for the Equilism Security Council, instructed to spread its message with resolutions of humor and wit. The intent of the ESC is to spark interest in the in-game WASC.

World Assembly Results

Universal Clinical Trials Act
Against: 6-1

Commend Sedgistan
For: 10-0

International Road Safety Act
Against: 6-0

A Ban on Forced Disappearances Act
Abstain: 5-1-1

Commend Yelda (Still pending)
For: 2-0

Commend Antarctic Oasis (Still pending)

Repeal Disaster Preparedness Act

Museums of Musical Heritage Act
For: 3-0

Condemn Greater Tezdrian
For: 4-0

Commend Imagey Nation (Still pending)

Domestic Affairs

The Julius Caesar Winter Festival is continuing apace, with voting on E-Wards having been started. At vote currently are categories for Best Newcomer, Nerdiest, Best Personality, Best Foreign Visitor, Best Foreign Ambassador, and Best Debater. The Miss Equilism contest, the Roman Olympics, and the Roman Murder Mystery will hopefully start soon.

A new points system has been implemented, and rewards are being handed out willy nilly. Inflation, ho!

Games and Fun

A multitude of games have been active this week, including the ever-popular Guys vs. Gals, in which the guys are winning at 24 up. Shocking. In European Elimination, the Czech Republic is falling fast, likely to be knocked out soon, while Wales thunders along in the lead with 31 points. And in Post a Random Fact ... that's not actually true, things have taken a turn for the political. Oooh, let's watch the fireworks!

Role Playing

With the arrival of the AoSS worlds, Equilism's role playing area has seen a burst of activity. Worlds A, B, and D are based on the real world, the first being set in modern times, the second, historical, and the third an alternate version of reality. World C is set in deep space, and World E is one of fantasy and magic. All in all, it sounds like there ought to be something for everybody!

Immigration
In an effort to boost the region's population, the Immigration department is holding another one of its famous recruitment drives. The theme of this one is Roman Recruitment (in keeping with the Caesar Festival), and awards are granted for attaining numbers that are significant in Roman history. The number of nations an entrant needs to recruit for each tier are: 44, 195, 476, 753, and 1,229.

Hyper Hippies is currently in the lead, with 220 nations recruited! Goooo, Hyper!

Foreign Affairs

At the pleading of the Immigration department, drooling over their phenomenal recruitment skillz, the FA Ministry has exchanged embassies with the Global Right Alliance.

In an effort to get the ministry's regular updates up from once a month to once a week, and to standardize them for ease of writing, a template has been created. The FA department invites any member of the Cabinet to partake!

E-Army
The E-Army has seen action in The Proletariat Coalition, and Unibot, as well as helping our allies with missions. The E-Army also has welcomed one new soldier, and has an additional one in training.

Quote of the Week: "There are certain things which I'm liable to mention quite often. Peru happens to be one of them." ~Grand Kierania

~Written by: Astarial~

The Monkye
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Monkye » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:33 am

Equilism Update for 04/01/10 - 04/18/10

Insert Heading Image here!

Delegate: Kubrikistan, 35 endorsements
Population: 136

In the Government
The merger with the AoSS slogs into its third month, though very little has happened recently. Here's hoping it will be resolved soon, one way or t'other!

The Assembly is ready to vote on the Legislative Corrections Act, an amendment to the Bill of Rights, and a major overhaul of the Legal Proceedings Act. Voting will start when the First Minister decides to get around to recognizing the requisite motions. Everybody poke The Monkye!

World Assembly Results

Meteorological Cooperation Act
Against: 3-1-1

Commend Yelda

Condemn Ninja Pirate awesome town
Against: 2-1

Microcredit and Microgrants Act
Against: 5-1

WA Numeration and Units Act
Against: 5-1-1

Condemn Aegara
Against: 5-3

Repeal "Condemn Ninja Pirate awesome town" (Still pending)
For: 8-1

Internet Net Neutrality Act (Still pending)
For: 6-2

Drug Trafficking Act (Still pending)
No votes!

Domestic Affairs
The Caesars Festival is going well, with the Gladitorial Contest already underway. Other competitions should be starting shortly! But that's what we said last time, so we'll forgive you if you don't believe us.

Grand Kierania won the E-points competition for its inaugural month, March. A shiny reward medal is in the works!

Fun and Games
A trend has arisen in the "Who will post next" thread, with people aiming to continue calling out Nai until she arrives.

Role Playing
Israel has attacked Iran's nuclear facilities, there is unrest in the Mong-Kai empire despite new rail lines being built, Uthranians are plundering and pillaging and there is a strange force moving in the north.

Immigration
Kubrikistan has won the most recent recruitment award, but regional population is falling because of an overall lack of interest in recruiting.

Foreign Affairs
Everyone's gone and only Astarial remains. :( Won't somebody be my friend?

Also Astarial has created a brand new Updates Writer award, and has declared herself the three-time winner! But only because the rest of the department is AWOL and who else would bother to read these updates and see that she's just blatantly making things up now? Nobody, that's who!

E-Army
Dateline: 06April10

The E-Army moved into the Rejected Realms early on the day of April 6th, 2010 after some "Copycat wanna be somebody" ejected all his endorsers in the Region Grand Central. Defenders from all over NS moved in as well as the E-Army, but not enough support could be gotten in such a short notice, and the raider freak took the seat from long time friend of Equilism, Kandarin.

Over the next several hours, defenders (and raiders) poured into The Rejected Realms to support Kandarin (or the other guy).

At the next update, one nation endorsing the enemy left the region after update began, but before it had finished. This vaulted Kandarin to the delegacy, and allowed the E-Army and the many supporters of Kandarin to snatch victory in a mere 12 hours.

The battle was tough, and testament to the RMB, fun for all involved. It had all the drama you would expect of such an invasion. People preaching the merits of activity, people preaching against the merits of region crashers. Of course with this being The Rejected Realms, Whamabama, the E-Army Chief of Staff has mandated daily P.T. till the troops loose all the weight they gained while dining on the excellent BBQ.

Quote of the Week: "Super Evil-Founder of Equilism, Naivetry, have asked me to pass a message to all of her poor subject that she will be killing them en masse starting Friday afternoon*." ~Felasia

*Quote [s]changed[/s] interpreted to incriminate the guilty.

~Update written by: Astarial~

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay