NATION

PASSWORD

New megawepon

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Holy Spain
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 15, 2022
Ex-Nation

New megawepon

Postby Holy Spain » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:19 pm

Recently, Holy Spanish scientists and engineers have constructed a new mega-weapon that can destroy a planet atom by atom, using powerful lasers with immense force to split atoms and destroy them. (If this isn't actually how like the death star worked let me know.)

The weapon is about the size of a medium-sized planet, and can orbit planets using orbital thrusters. However, it needs to be tugged due to slow speeds.

The weapon charges up energy and released it through powerful lasers and can fire up to 7 shots before needing to recharge. One shot destroys most planets, however some immensely huge may take two. It was fine tuned to be able to destroy multiple planets in a few shots, and has a decent range. It does more damage from closer range, as the weapon's energy wears off as it travels, however it's still extremely effective.

The weapon is known as Starbase Decimator IV, and there are currently *two* that Holy Spain has managed to successfully produce, due to resources, funds, and other issues.

Holy Spain also possesses 6 smaller and weaker versions of this simply known as "Bob"

This weapon can fire 1-2 shots but needs to recharge after. This can destroy a planet usually in one shot, but some may need 2. This is capable of propelling itself and has limited hyperspace technology that allows it to travel relatively short distances quicker.
Last edited by Holy Spain on Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Rio Grande River Basin
Senator

Founded: Sep 14, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:22 pm

No. Just no. If you want to bring bullshit power levels like this in to play, the only nations you’re ever RPing with are F7ers. Stop trying to make yourself undefeatable, and try to do some sensible worldbuilding. Remember, for RPing to be fun, you need to be able to fold.
FT Canon is most developed, therefore for F7
This Index says I am 0.364
Battle of Mar’Sa’Nakar ends in Pyrrhic victory as the Galactic Federation suffers losses, in defending the critical sector. GFS Andromeda severely damaged, GFS Comet destroyed. Mass evacuation of outer sector worlds beginning.
Something of a McGovernite, have some sympathy for Huey Long. Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.59
Friend of Kraven, 2005-2023
18 years of stories deleted
Kraven Prevails!

Paberia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 16, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Paberia » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:26 pm

How the hell can you fine tune a laser from destroying a city to multiple galaxies? And if im not wrong (i probably am), concentrating that much energy into a straight line would probably create a massive black hole.
Paberia is a medium sized country in Western Africa founded by freed American slaves after the end of the American civil war, Paberia values freedom and justice to all and maintains a stable government, with a strong economy and military, and low levels of corruption.

Rovaqa
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 10, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Rovaqa » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:27 pm

please use them so we have an excuse to invade you

more seriously, nations do not usually just jump straight to blowing up planets. nobody wants to escalate that far. you end up creating many enemies and justifying retaliation. war is bad.
Last edited by Rovaqa on Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DOMAIN OF ROVAQA
Power only flows upwards. One is above all. Soon all will be One.

Far-flung esoteric propaganda state under the influence of an imprisoned god.
FT alt of The United Penguin Commonwealth

Holy Spain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Spain » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:29 pm

The Rio Grande River Basin wrote:No. Just no. If you want to bring bullshit power levels like this in to play, the only nations you’re ever RPing with are F7ers. Stop trying to make yourself undefeatable, and try to do some sensible worldbuilding. Remember, for RPing to be fun, you need to be able to fold.

When did I make myself undefeatable? These weapons are expensive and rare. We're still perfectly defeatable and these weapons will most likely never be used anyways unless abolsutely required. It's simply not the style of leadership my leader has

Holy Spain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Spain » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:30 pm

Paberia wrote:How the hell can you fine tune a laser from destroying a city to multiple galaxies? And if im not wrong (i probably am), concentrating that much energy into a straight line would probably create a massive black hole.

It isn't really a laser, it's just called that. It uses some weird science stuff i dont care to explain

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:30 pm

Holy Spain wrote:
The Rio Grande River Basin wrote:No. Just no. If you want to bring bullshit power levels like this in to play, the only nations you’re ever RPing with are F7ers. Stop trying to make yourself undefeatable, and try to do some sensible worldbuilding. Remember, for RPing to be fun, you need to be able to fold.

When did I make myself undefeatable? These weapons are expensive and rare. We're still perfectly defeatable and these weapons will most likely never be used anyways unless abolsutely required. It's simply not the style of leadership my leader has

You have 2 multi-Galaxy destroying bombs. These will destroy almost every other FT, fuck it, FFT nation in existence. This is chronic godmodding of the highest order. Take our advice; and slim down your ego enough to not try and make yourself undefeatable. This is “over a number” all over again
Battle of Mar’Sa’Nakar ends in Pyrrhic victory as the Galactic Federation suffers losses, in defending the critical sector. GFS Andromeda severely damaged, GFS Comet destroyed. Mass evacuation of outer sector worlds beginning.
Something of a McGovernite, have some sympathy for Huey Long. Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Kraven Prevails!

Paberia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Paberia » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:31 pm

Holy Spain wrote:
Paberia wrote:How the hell can you fine tune a laser from destroying a city to multiple galaxies? And if im not wrong (i probably am), concentrating that much energy into a straight line would probably create a massive black hole.

It isn't really a laser, it's just called that. It uses some weird science stuff i dont care to explain

You probably should explain it. Also don’t call it a laser if it isn’t, im not gonna call a nuke a grenade because i dont know how a nuke works.
Paberia is a medium sized country in Western Africa founded by freed American slaves after the end of the American civil war, Paberia values freedom and justice to all and maintains a stable government, with a strong economy and military, and low levels of corruption.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:31 pm

Holy Spain wrote:

Ah, so it’s bullshit. It’s literally just bullshit. You cannot just “ha lol, I have dumb stupid big weapon with funny science word”. If I can do it (and I’m the same age as you), you can too. At least try and nick something from Star Wars.
Kraven Prevails!

Paberia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Paberia » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:33 pm

The Rio Grande River Basin wrote:
Holy Spain wrote:

Ah, so it’s bullshit. It’s literally just bullshit. You cannot just “ha lol, I have dumb stupid big weapon with funny science word”. If I can do it (and I’m the same age as you), you can too. At least try and nick something from Star Wars.

I would rather have him copy the Death Star atom by atom than whatever this thing is.

Plus it would be cool to say you have a Death Star :D

Holy Spain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Spain » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:33 pm

I've changed it up a bit. I'm really not trying to godmode or anything, but I've reduced some stuff

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:34 pm

Holy Spain wrote:I've changed it up a bit. I'm really not trying to godmode or anything, but I've reduced some stuff

See? You can do it.
Kraven Prevails!

Holy Spain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Spain » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:34 pm

Paberia wrote:
The Rio Grande River Basin wrote:Ah, so it’s bullshit. It’s literally just bullshit. You cannot just “ha lol, I have dumb stupid big weapon with funny science word”. If I can do it (and I’m the same age as you), you can too. At least try and nick something from Star Wars.

I would rather have him copy the Death Star atom by atom than whatever this thing is.

Would this be ok mr Rio Grande?

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:36 pm

Holy Spain wrote:
Paberia wrote:I would rather have him copy the Death Star atom by atom than whatever this thing is.

Would this be ok mr Rio Grande?

Look, I’m not telling you that you can’t do anything, I’m saying you can’t do the ridiculous “I have a multiverse plus Galaxy killers”. A death star is something most FT nations possess. As I say, ask someone more experienced like Kyrusia for help on worldbuilding, I just don’t want to have to deal with the few FR RPs there are having blatant OP stuff.
Kraven Prevails!

Holy Spain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Spain » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:37 pm

Could I make something like a mega-death star that like no one actually possesses yet, it'll be like the thing that destroyed the New Republic in the sequels, whatever its called.

I'm asking you to see if it's too powerful. You've helped me a lot.

Paberia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Paberia » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:37 pm

Again, i don’t understand how you can fine tune a weapon from barely destroying a building to destroying an entire planetary body and its satellites. Also the bomb escalates really quickly, it goes from destroying a city to destroying a lot of the planet in only one level.

Vonum
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 07, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vonum » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:39 pm

Just when I thought my blastproof armour was OP, I see this thread :o
>>>>>>
Benaveni ca lo Apilla Jhestar'r Dia, idiotes! Gora loca pan-Vonia ci heurra!
Ona femma polhusej morta vi dosa mala so Maddeloffu
Troisir exesplaneng vicin lo reservoir co Craonyao.
<<<<<<
Maddeloffu: 213ºH, Sola
Xertæ: 194ºH, Sola
Exeta: 201ºH, Partia Cumula
Miami: 235ºH, Sola
Lijkyao: 199ºH, Pleutons
Craonyao: 205ºH, Cumula
Onacita: 211ºH, Sola

Nationa Informatia: Tresa sola so doc placas.

4-repetta NV Accolia

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:40 pm

Holy Spain wrote:Could I make something like a mega-death star that like no one actually possesses yet, it'll be like the thing that destroyed the New Republic in the sequels, whatever its called.

I'm asking you to see if it's too powerful. You've helped me a lot.

Yes, a star killer base would be perfectly plausible, as long as you don’t constantly use it in RPs. Most FT RPers are fine with a planet devastated here or there, but destroying a system is usually a show of force of some kind. If I were to make recommendations, I’d suggest you snatch a few bits from Star Wars, ships and all.

Something like a handful of death stars (which can all destroy anything from a city to a planet anyways), and 1 or 2 star killers.
Kraven Prevails!

Rovaqa
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Rovaqa » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:43 pm

The Rio Grande River Basin wrote:A death star is something most FT nations possess.

speak for yourself. why build a huge laser ship when you could just do orbital bombardment with a bunch of small expendable ships and keep all the resources?
DOMAIN OF ROVAQA

Rovaqa
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Rovaqa » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:45 pm

The Rio Grande River Basin wrote:Yes, a star killer base would be perfectly plausible,

haha nope

unless you’re doing soft sci fi which is more prone to power creep and godmodding debates

it does have advantages tho
Last edited by Rovaqa on Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DOMAIN OF ROVAQA

Holy Spain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Spain » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:47 pm

changed it

Orcuo
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 15, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Attention!

Postby Orcuo » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:47 pm

Attention everyone! Is the people of Salem that have found Holy Spain guilty of GOD MODDING WITCHCRAFT-
Funnyman: Putting the ‘Ions’ in NationStates since forever.
Proud Subsidiary of the NationStates Official* YouTube Channel
(*Due to a cease and desist letter from Maxcorp, I had to put this asterisk next to "Official")

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:48 pm

Rovaqa wrote:
The Rio Grande River Basin wrote:Yes, a star killer base would be perfectly plausible,

haha nope

unless you’re doing soft sci fi which is more prone to power creep and godmodding debates

I said plausible in FT RPs (as long as you don’t use it)

Rovaqa wrote:
The Rio Grande River Basin wrote:A death star is something most FT nations possess.

speak for yourself. why build a huge laser ship when you could just do orbital bombardment with a bunch of small expendable ships and keep all the resources?

I never said it was useful. I said that many have one, or something similar; for me, a siege ship with a very big gun.
Kraven Prevails!

Rovaqa
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Rovaqa » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:51 pm

The Rio Grande River Basin wrote:
Rovaqa wrote:
haha nope

I said plausible in FT RPs (as long as you don’t use it)

eehh maybe if you’re doing soft sci fi? but we’re talking further future than what most nations roleplay as. and it wouldn’t function anything like in the movies. you’d fire and then you’d have to wait hundreds of years and hope you don’t change your mind and you got your measurements down perfectly.

Rovaqa wrote:

I never said it was useful. I said that many have one, or something similar; for me, a siege ship with a very big gun.

but why
Last edited by Rovaqa on Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DOMAIN OF ROVAQA

The United Eridani Military Authority
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 27, 2023
Democratic Socialists

Postby The United Eridani Military Authority » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:53 pm

Oh look, if it isn't another reason why II is the worst roleplay forum on this site.
My honest reaction.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents