NATION

PASSWORD

How to set up embassies?

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Proletarialand
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 24, 2023
Ex-Nation

How to set up embassies?

Postby Proletarialand » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:51 pm

Hi, I'm new to NationStates. Could you please explain to me what embassies are in the context of this game? How do you set them up and what value will they add to my country? Thank you for your time.

Eire Agus Albion
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 27, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Eire Agus Albion » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:56 pm

Embassies are for regions only, nations don't open individual embassies with other nations, only regions with other regions. Hope this helps!
Eire Agus Albion
Once the strongest and largest military on Earth (1540-1957)
Baile Atha Cliath Times:French ships were nearly fired upon after sailing too close to Ceilteach shores. French demand a apology but Ceilteach officials refuse and General Ó Súilleabháin responded with "We warned them that if they got too close we'll open fire and they didn't listen." The French have made no comment.

In 1463, the Kingdom of Ireland and Kingdom of Scotland united under one banner to form the Aontas Ceilteach (Celtic Union). Started in 1473 Éire Agus Albion stated to seize land from England, kicking out English residents and moving in Celts. Today England only has 4 million people left in Essex and East Anglia.

Abetton
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 05, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Abetton » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:59 pm

Welcome to the game. There are two kinds of embassies, those set up between nations in Roleplay, those are done in Factbooks and Information board bascially it's just entering into an agreement between nations. A good way to start building relations with new people. There's also embassies set up between regions, that's a gameplay mechanic but you can only do that in a region you are the founder of (or a region which gives you that ability).

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:05 am

In the context of N&I Roleplay, embassy threads are pretty basic roleplay threads. While I would not personally suggest setting up such a thread right off the bat—keep in mind that this is NVI the RPer speaking, as NVI the Mod would just expect players to play by the Rules regardless of how they're playing—it has been my observation (and, on occasion, my experience) that embassy threads play a role in setting things up between players for future roleplays.
In the context of N&R Roleplay, however, embassies are indeed things regions establish between one another; beyond that, I would defer to the members of the Moderation Team who are established Gameplay personalities.
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

The Great Nevada Overlord
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 28, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Great Nevada Overlord » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:16 am

Congratulations for choosing the greatest game on web browsers!

To open an embassy you need to have the Admin privilege to open embassies in a Region. (or be the Region founder)

However some players will Role Play embassies. RP embassies don't actually serve any real purpose gameplay wise but they can serve as a fun spin on international Role Play.
Last edited by The Great Nevada Overlord on Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome To The Great Nevada Overlord! Enjoy Your Stay!
I am an American Social Democrat, I like debates and long walks on the beach.
The Great Nevada Overlord is a large nation located on the western side of North America, it borders the United States in the east, Canada in the north, and Mexico in the south. It is a very closed off nation, with no legal immigration or emigration. Freedoms are practically nonexistent. The people are kept in the dark and are told that the rest of the world (especially the United States) are coming for them.

Return to NationStates