NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 93 - RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nephara
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephara » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:07 pm

Igrene Cantor had a confession to make: she really, really wanted the draw to shake out this way.

She never particularly relished the draw itself. Sitting in a reasonably nice dress, looking presentable alongside a bunch of other FA officials, most of whom looked a more natural fit in suits and slinky dresses. As a matter of principle, Cantor hated any pretense of sport being highbrow.
She was in good company. Radeka Lind, her captain, was scanning the menu. "Hey, what the fuck is a crudite?"
"Crudi-tay," corrected the FA chairwoman, Drusille Meier. She was a natural in these sorts of events, and had spent her entire tenure at the helm of the NFA wining and dining pretty much anyone she could, which went some way to explaining why she struggled to fit into her dress these days. "They're appetisers, vegetables dipped in vinaigrettes."
Lind wrinkled her nose. "Really? You get all this money just to get a baby carrot dipped in vinegar?"
"Not vinegar per se, a--"
"No need to fatsplain." Lind sighed, and tossed the menu back on the table. "Fuck me, you'd think they could at least do a decent pie. This shit is all-- my nutritionist will kill me, and it'll taste like shit."
"It won't. I know these caterers," sniffed Meier.
"Yeah, bet you do," muttered Lind, ignoring the 'I-pay-your-wages' glower across the table with the grace only accessible to someone being paid far larger and more regular wages in Banija. "We already ran out of bread, huh?"
"Maybe we can go steal the Brenecians'," suggested Cantor.
Lind grinned. "God, imagine if we were drawn against them."
"Imagine if we lost to them," said some NFA guy Cantor barely recognised.
"We wouldn't lose. It's bloody Brenecia, they always come apart against us. Like we do when we play Savojarna, or Sargossa." Lind flicked her eyes towards Cantor. "Who are you hoping to get, boss?"
"All the shit teams," lied Cantor drily.
"Ha, there are no shit teams at this level, of course," said Meier, eyes wild and clearly thinking of hot mics.
Valery Cain, Cantor's assistant, smirked. "Well, disaster can strike against anyone." The smiles around the table vanished momentarily; memories of Tv----len flooded back. "But let's be real, there are shit teams."
"Like who?"
"Brenecia."

They did not get Brenecia, though when Brenecia landed in a group with hosts Tumbra - who were assuredly not coasting to Pot 1 on privilege alone - ever-lethal Farfadillis and a Delte side who had outperformed the Patriots in the same qualifying group, cameras picked up a sharp laugh from Lind, a knowing throat-slit from Cain and an embarrassed grimace from Meier.
They got Flavovespia. The strongest of the fourth-seeds on paper, a nation that had sent plenty of elite footballers to Nephara over the years, who had all proved their worth. Like the Cormorants, the Hornets were a tough, well-balanced side, uncompromising at the back, ruthless up front; there was a good mixture of experience, with multiple centurions across the regular starting lineup, and youth, with the Zozi duo of Taylor and Bagshaw looking certain to reach world-class talent.
They got Milchama, an older and yet more obscure name, the Warriors having faded from view some years prior before making an explosive return. An attack-minded side that used width and pace to good effect, with the wild card of Cal Kamet offering an unusual and effective new dimension to the side. The challenge with them would be to maintain order, not get sucked into an anarchic end-to-end affair.
And they got Græntfjall. Cantor closed her eyes and smiled with satisfaction, when Nephara got drawn into their Group B, even as some around her groaned. Granted, no Pot One side would be good news, but Græntfjall?
It wasn't that the Snow Wolves were a bogey team for the Cormorants, but they had the most important win - the most recent one. Kæja's 16th-minute goal dumped the Cormorants out of World Cup 91, a Cormorants side who had looked to be serious contenders for the title, defeated by a Snow Wolves side managed by... Igrene Cantor. They, in the end, would win the World Cup.
Cantor had been with Græntfjall for a long time, and that was the ultimate culmination of her tenure. It had not always been a smooth ride, but no matter what, she would always have Hattmark.
The issue, now, was personal. Cantor's tenure with the Cormorants had been largely unremarkable, thus far, with occasional brushes with disaster. This was an issue to the man on the street, who tended to assume that a World Cup winning manager with Felixe Vetiver in the team and, most of all, the Cormorant badge would simply stroll to trophy after trophy. The world would bow and scrape before their magnificence. Why were the Cormorants literally ever losing? What was the excuse?
But while her reputation was questioned from one flank, so too was it open to question from the other. In Cantor's absence, Græntfjall had simply remained a world-class side with world-class talent. Maybe they had won the title because they were, in fact, a world-class side with world-class talent?
Cantor's name would always be writ in legend, but you didn't become a manager unless you were pathologically ambitious. She wanted to be the One. She had taken serious satisfaction in taking Nephara down with Græntfjall, and now she needed to return the favour. To simply beat a side with Kæja Finnvarðsdóttir in its midfield, arguably the best player in the game right now. To beat a side with the luxury of throwing on Röskvi Tyrfingsson, whose day job consisted of humiliating Nepharim, as a mere bench option. To break the resolve of that iron-clad back line, of one of the most intelligent defenders in the game, Eyvar, and partner Asbjørn, with his interesting opinions on blood and soil.
To overpower this inconveniently world-class side with a Cormorants side that were born winners, undeniable talents, strong, fast... fractious... erratic... ... inclined to turn on each other when the sharks started to circle... ... ... uh.
She needed to prove beyond doubt that she had been a key influence in Græntfjall's rise, and that she was the right choice to take Nephara forward, all the way. If not... well... if not, then...
Well, that was the flip side to all this; she really, really did not want to lose.

Lineup vs. Græntfjall
(4-3-3) 1 - Strand; 2 - Rake, 18 - Copperhead, 6 - Scales, 25 - Xu; 4 - Southsea, 15 - Constantine, 8 - March (c); 13 - Brewer, 21 - Vetiver, 11 - Loeher
Last edited by Nephara on Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WCC Grand Slam champion.
Accidental Gridiron Championship Silver Belt holders for six cycles??

Masculine, Feminine and Mixed-Sex Name Generators

Alasdair I Frosticus
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alasdair I Frosticus » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:11 pm

OOC - sorry again for the radio silence caused by RL travel; hope this makes up for it a bit.

EXT. THE ALTAR - SUNSET/NIGHT
Qolleb emerges from the tent. Hittner and the other Nozis are taken aback by his appearance in the robe. They exchange looks. From one knot of men there is muttering about ‘magic’ and such, but when Qolleb turns a fiery gaze on them, there is immediate silence. Hittner looks uncertain in this presence.

Qolleb approaches the foot of the stairs. From here he looks up the broad stone stairs toward the Ark glowing at the top, glowing against what has suddenly become a starry
night sky; the daylight seems to have been swallowed up in an instant. It could be imagination, but the HUM of the Ark seems a bit stronger now. Qolleb raises the ivory rod toward the Ark and begins murmuring an invocation -- in the ancient lost language of the Oneiromancer!

More and more of the Nozis are drawn to the scene of this weird ritual. Most of the camp personnel are now in attendance. Now one of these soldiers wanders further into the center of activity than the others, his head and shoulder bent a bit beneath the weight of a bazooka. Near the foot of the Altar, beside the white silk tent, the soldier suddenly stops and aims the grenade launcher directly up at the Ark. This Nozi soldier is Smith

SMITH
Hold it. One move from anybody and I blow that box back to the Dreamed Realm.

Hittner makes it clear to the other Nozis that Smith is to be obeyed.

QOLLEB
Smith, your persistence surprises even me. Here you are, leading your team to qualify top in Group 9, and yet still you find time to hunt me down. You are going to give football players a bad name.

HITTNER
Doctor SMith, surely you don't think you can escape from this island.

SMITH
That depends on how reasonable we're all willing to be. All I want is Margaret. We'll keep possession of the Ark only till we've got safe transport to the Dreamed Realm. Then it's all yours.

HITTNER
If we refuse?

SMITH.
Then the Ark and some of us are going up in a big bang. I don't think the Oneiromancer would like that a bit if you managed to blow up his only means of returning to this dimension. Now I don't want to talk about this anymore. Untie the girl in five seconds or...

A Tall Captain flies out of the folds of the white silk tent and takes Smith down by the neck. The grenade launcher slide, away as two other Nozis help subdue Smith. The three Nozis take Smith's pistol from his holster and raise him roughly in their grasp.

HITTNER
Smith, this Is the second time I have seen you looking very foolish. The first was in that 3-0 loss to Mertagne. It's a bad habit.

SMITH
I'm trying to break it.

Hittner draws his luger.

HITTNER
I'll help you personally.

Hittner raises the pistol.

QOLLEB
No. wait!

Hittner eyes Qolleb’s hypnotic gaze.

QOLLEB
This man has been an irritation to me for many years, as tenacious and bothersome as a tropical virus. How can his team qualify for the World Cup with such an irritatingly good record when he spends so much time also trying to thwart us?

SMITH
I like you, too.

QOLLEB
When you squeeze off the bullets that end his life, I will be the most pleased man here.

SMITH
(looking around)
It may be a toss-up.

QOLLEB
But I ask you for a moment's forebearance. I would like him to see his final defeat. Please, let him live until I've opened the Ark.

Qolleb's face is crossed by a grin of maniacal glee.

All his life he has pursued archeological relics… Yet inside the Ark are ancient treasures beyond his wildest aspirations.

(grinning confidentially at Hittner)

I think you can appreciate my pleasure at letting him come so close to viewing them and then denying him.

(gestures toward Margaret)

I ask you to bind him over there, so that when the contents of the Ark are naked before us at last, they will be hidden from his view. At that moment, it would delight me if you would end his annoying existence. Can I have your cooperation?

Hittner looks between Qolleb and Smith, uncertain.

SMITH
(to Hittner)
Do me a favor and kill me now.

A smile cuts across Hittner's face. He speaks to both Qolleb and Smith, admiringly.

HITTNER
The purity of your hatred is an example for us all.

(to his men)

Tie him up.

The Nozis drag Smith toward the native idol. Qolleb nods a thank you to Hittner and turns back to the Altar.

As the Nozis tie Smith to the leg of the idol next to Margaret, the two exchange eloquent looks.

Qolleb is at the foot of the Altar again. He begins the incantation and then starts up the steps toward the Ark with an ivory rod held pefore him. With each succeeding step, the HUM of the Ark grows louder. This HUM causes growing alarm and fascination among all the Nozis. It is irresistible. Even the most dedicated now put aside their duties and turn toward the Altar.

But Hittner and his Tall Captain, at the very foot of the Altar, find themselves withdrawing a few feet from the power above them. Hittner is wary. Margaret and Smith watch with fascination as Qolleb climbs closer. On Margaret's face is fear, but on Smith's is concentration; he seems to be trying to remember some long-faded piece of information. His mind is grappling with the total phenomenon before him.

The total scene is, indeed, awesome - this beautiful island dwarfed by the immense and starry night sky. And at the center, a spectacular rock, lurching up toward the heavens. At its tip, that golden box. And growing always, the HUM-M-M. All of this lit by the many lamps. Light enough to see Qolleb attain the pinnacle rock. But as he does, as the HUM grows another step, the lamps begin to explode!

Here. And there. And over here! Shattering into a thousand shards, a rain of glass. And then, in the new and natural darkness of the night, when our eyes adjust, the light seems to emanate from only two places--the moon and the Ark. And all those people, all those tiny bits of human life, have become black silhouettes aqainst the starscape. And one is easiest to spot-- Qolleb high on the rock, standing directly before the Ark of the Oneiromance. The HUM-M-M-M is deafening.

Smith watches in fascination. Suddenly it comes into his grasp, that one thought for which he has strained. He turns to Margaret and speaks urgently.

SMITH
Don't look at it, Margaret. You mustn't look!

But already Margaret seems entranced. She can barely tear her eyes away from the Altar.

SMITH
Margaret, do as I say!

(shouting)

Margaret!

She looks at him, confused.

SMITH
Don't look at it! Don't look back at it now! No matter what happens! Do you understand?

Slowly, dully, conflicted, Margaret nods her understanding. She closes her eyes and turns her head away. Smith does the same.

The assembled Nozis have no such control. Despite the enormous dread they each are feeling deep in their souls, they are overwhelmed by the ineffable sirens of the Ark. They look because they must, they can do nothing but stare. They must see!

Qolleb inserts the ivory rod in the notch under the lid of the Ark. He utters a short phrase in the Oneiromancer’s ancient language and begins to press down on his end of the rod. The lid of the Ark begins to lift. It's difficult work. Qolleb puts his whole weight into one big press on his end and the lid flies open.

But nside the Ark of the Oneiromancer is the Basileus’s last defence from the dawn time when the two ancient rivals wrestled for the future of reality. A pillar of fire rockets straight for the sky, turning night to day. In a blinding flash of whiteness the entire island is ringed by a curtain of pure, streaking light.

It is like the beginning of time, Creation. That perfect moment when light was delivered to Ordinary Reality for the first time. But this light is a weapon, a power so fearsome, a charge so jolting, that it affects physical matter in a way we have never seen.

Qolleb in his obsession, takes the full, instantaneous blast. His whole body seems lit by a million volt current and, for a moment, his complete form.is white, then blue, then maybe orange, but it is hard to tell because our eyes are blinded now too. And two things are clear in this ghastly, beautiful display.

First, that Qolleb, in the instant of his destruction, has experienced some kind of sublime, trancendental knowledge. If a death's head can smile and look satisfied, that is how Qolleb's incandescent face would be described. Secondly, this moment is accompanied by a SOUND like no other. A SOUND so intense and so odd and so haunting that many imagine it were the whisper of the Oneiromancer himself.

Hittner and the Tall Captain and the Nozis around them struggle to turn their heads, to close their eyes – but they cannot. That SOUND, that LIGHT has them gripped as in a vise!

Smith and Margaret have their heads bowed and eyes squeezed shut, but now Margaret is weakening, giving in to the seductive allure of the Ark. As she seems about to look, Smith senses it and yells, above the roar of that deafening SOUND --

SMITH
No, Margaret, don't look! Don't open your eyes!

The island, the ocean, the sky - all are barely distinct in this glare. The starscape has been devoured by the light. And brightest of all, the core of the reactor, is that towering pillar of flame, the burning wrath of God.

Now we see, in a series of flashing shots, what happens to those who look. Qolleb’s eyes have disintegrated, the sockets suddenly turned to black holes. Hittner and his men are already eyeless, but now their skin and bone dissolves before us, not peeling or shattering, but rather crumbling into fine pieces, collapsing on itself. And, finally, turning to a fine, dry dust that blows away in the whipping vortex of the Ark's storm.

The native idol, to whose legs Smith and Margaret are strapped, cracks and crumbles, falling away into a pile of rock and dust. Smith and Margaret, eyes still closed, are suddenly free.

And then, as suddenly as it began, it ends! The lid of the Ark slams shut! And there is quiet. And darkness, the night sky, full of stars, flooding back. The island is scorched black and a few fires burn. Everywhere the ground is black, except Around Smith and Margaret.

Their eyes open at last and the first thing they see is the small circle of untouched earth that surrounds them. Together they turn and raise their eyes to the Ark of the Onieromancer, in the center of the pinnacle rock. And it is changed. All signs of its age, the residue of the ages gone. It dazzles the eye, shining and pristine, sparkling gold, more beautiful than ever. It shines on.

INT THE IMPERIAL PANOPTICON - DAY
Smith, Tzimisces, and Margaret, looking very stylish, are seated in Colonel Comneno's huge office. Sun pours in a window, through which the bejewelled domes of the Imperial City can be seen sparkling. Everything is neat and clean and regular. Including the three men who are arrayed around the office. Two we know: Colonel Comneno and Major Vatatzes.

The third is an unnamed Bureaucrat. He hangs back, smiling and genial, his features obscured by the glare of the window. He doesn't say anything, yet you have a sense that the others defer to him in the matter at hand. He toys with a purple inkwell, and wields the essence of all that is Byzantine and inscrutable in the Imperial government.

Smith and Tzimisces are dissatisfied with the way the meeting has gone. Margaret, on the other hand, is very happy and eager to get out of there. Vatatzes's manner is irritatingly cheery.

COMNENO
You've done the multiverse a great service.

VATATZES
And we trust you found the settlement satisfactory?

MARGARET
Quite. This permanent random number generator and eternal supply of rubber chickens is enough to keep me happy.

VATATZES
Good, good.

(glances around at the others)

Then I guess that about does it.

TZIMISCES
When can we have the Ark?

Vatatzes's glance flicks over to the mysterious Bureaucrat, then back to Tzimisces.

VATATZES
I thought we answered that. It's someplace very safe.

SMITH
(heated)
That's a powerful force. Research should be done...

VATATZES
Oh, it will be, Dr. Smith, I assure you. We have top men working on it right now.

SMITH
Who?

VATATZES
Top men.

Smith exchanges a look with Tzimisces.

SMITH
We may be able to help.

VATATZES
We appreciate that. And we won't hesitate to call on you.

COMNENO
(dismissing them)
Thank you all. Thank you again.

Smith looks' them over coldly. He gets up, sullen.

EXT. INT THE IMPERIAL PANOPTICON - DAY
Smith, Tzimisces and Margaret emerge from the building. Tzimisces bids them farewell and moves off in another direction. Margaret thinks about following him, but first takes Smith's arm, scolding him.

MARGARET
Well they aren't going to tell you, so why don't you just forget it. I'd think you'd had enough of that damn Ark. Just put your mind on something else.

Smith stops, looking across the river, his mind occupied.

SMITH
Yeah, like what?

MARGARET
Well, the World Cup finals for one. The Holy Empire have qualified while all of this nonsense has been going on, and it’s not as if a first round group consisting of Kelssek, Cabo Azure, and Pemecutan is a walkover, is it? And besides, there might still be Nozis out there looking for revenge during the tournament…

SMITH
It's not the Ark, but it'll have to do… Say, you don’t think you could forgive Juan and generate a couple of helpful random numbers for us, do you?

They move down the steps, smiling.

INT. PROJECT SPORTS MUSEUM WAREHOUSE, AUDIOSLAVIA
The Ark of the Oneiromancer sits in a wooden crate. A wooden lid comes down and hides it from view. The lid is solidly nailed to the crate as we read the stencilled message on top--

TOP SECRET
DO NOT OPEN!

The hammering is completed and hands shift the heavy crate onto a dolly.

A small Project Sports Museum warehouseman begins pushing the crated Ark down an aisle. Soon we see that the aisle is formed by huge stacks of crates. They come in many shapes and sizes, but when it comes right down to it, they all look like the one that holds the Ark. All have markings like the message we've just seen. Pretty soon we're far enough and high enough away from small Project Sports Museum warehouseman to see that this is one of the biggest rooms in Ordinary Reality. And it is full. Crates and crates. All looking alike. All gathering dust.

And then we notice that the small Project Sports Museum warehouseman, pushing his new crate ahead of him, has turned into another aisle and disappeared from view.

FADE OUT
Last edited by Alasdair I Frosticus on Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:37 pm

World Cup 93 Group Stage Matchday 1: Chromatika vs. Savigliane @ @Chromatik City Field, Chromia, Capital District (Cap. 100,000, 32,200 Seats)
Starting XI (3-4-1-2): Fillar, J. (C); Ansov - de Aea - Anbient; Fillar, G. - Larriet-Cortes - Hauser - Fillar, E.; Kuznetsov; Xuen-Zhukov - Delaya.
Substitutes: GK Kathie Begley, GK Lorée Bautista, DCR Ami Coulibaly, DC Klavida Régine, DCL Ipati Aimée, DC Cylie Nodis, WBR Emlie Kruetzberg, WBL Ha'nei Ighv, BWM Kateryna Zuniga, BWM Mare Si, AP Baillaire Fillar, AM Alissar Phoen, SS Kara Oveni, P Sandara Park, AF Hank Killian.

HOMECOMING
PART I

Franscesca Larriet-Cortes International Airport
Gate S7
One week before Chromatika vs. Savigliane

As flight 471 of ChromatikAir touched down at Franscesca Larriet-Cortes International Airport in Chromia, Capital District, Chromatika, one of the first to disembark the aircraft was a family of four - a tall, built man with ginger hair and freckles, a shorter, diminutive woman with an athletic build and black hair, and their two daughters that were obviously twins - a taller, lanky teenager with sparkling blue eyes and black hair and a shorter, stockier one who had a bit of her father's ginger locks, put up into a simple ponytail.

The flight from Cathair had been uneventful, and the girls had done well for it being only about their tenth international flight ever. Flying First Class had helped, but given that the first six or so flights were back when they were babies, it was still good to see that Claudia and Jayla Lethbridge-Antonio could handle themselves in an airplane. To be fair, it hadn't been that long of a flight, and there were plenty of on-flight entertainment for the teens to enjoy, but for Gabriella Antonio and Cormak Lethbridge, it was a blessing nonetheless.

It had been a romance that belonged in novellas - the Left Winger from Chromatika's inaugural team with Cosumar's third-choice Goalkeeper, meeting each other at Coret Hawks in faraway Nephara and falling in love, leading to Antonio's surprising retirement at the height of her career to become a housewife, as her biggest aspiration in life, even more important than her career, had been raising a family. The two had settled down in Coret, had Jayla and Claudia about two years into their marriage, and fully integrated into Nepharan society, choosing to stay in the country that had brought them together instead of their native Chromatika or Cosumar.

Now, Antonio spent most of her time with her twin girls, moonlighting as a tactical analyst for the Red League in her spare time, specializing in clubs in The Zenith, as well as other Rushmori Leagues (Eura, Mytanija, and Valladares, alongside others). Lethbridge, to his credit, was one of the best physical therapists in the Coret area, specializing in sports-related injuries. Combined, they weren't entirely well off, but, coupled with the savings of most of their salaries from back in their playing days, they did all right.

Ever since they started dating in earnest, Cormak and Gabriella had decided that they would not force football onto their children; however, if they had an aptitude, they would make sure that their children would have all the help that they'd need. Both Jayla and Claudia had taken to the football like a fish to water, and by age eight, both of them were playing in youth clubs. Now, they were playing at the youth level for Coret Hawks, and, as of a few months ago, already on the longlist for the CFF.

Which was why the Lethbridge-Antonios had returned to Chromia. First, the twins were now old enough to appreciate attending the World Cup in person - World Cup 88 would've been too young for them. Second, it would be nice to visit Gabriella's native homeland - she had no close family, so it wasn't that personal to her, but she still had some good friends and prior teammates - and then stop by Cosumar on the way back to Nephara. Last and perhaps more importantly, it was time that Jayla and Claudia met some of the people involved in Chromatik football, if they were truly interested in the profession.

Cormak helped take down the luggage while Gabriella made sure that the girls were good to go. Jayla was the bulkier of the two, shorter than Claudia and a bit more aggressive; she was the defensive midfielder, a position that neither Cormak nor Gabriella had played, and a position that required far more flexibility and finesse than either of them had ever possessed as a keeper or a winger. Jayla was more instinct-driven, letting her play do the talking, and took playing football rather seriously. At the moment, she was checking their itinerary for the hundredth time, trying to commit it to memory. Stepping over her twin was Claudia, the taller, lankier, more comely of the two who had all the flair and gusto stemming from her father. Claudia could play both center back or striker, and hadn't fully committed to either. She knew how to use both her height and her speed, and with the way that Chromatik football had been changing as of late, it was Cormak and Gabriella's opinion that Claudia fit Lev Repin's style of play rather well. She was the chatterbox of the two and the bright one of the family, often trying to lift the dour mood from her mother and father.

"We will have to get off the airport shuttle at the Main Terminal, where there will be a driver waiting for us," Jayla explained, "Who is coming to pick us up, Mom? It isn't explained here."

"They'll have a sign, Jay," Gabriella explained, picking up her purse, "It's someone from Keira's office - she's taken care of everything during our stay."

"Are you sure that I'll get to meet her this trip?" Claudia asked. She'd asked every day for the last ten days, not believing the fact that she'd get to meet the Chromatik legend and her role model. Gabriella nodded and smiled patiently at her daughter. She knew what Keira meant to Claudia, and was very happy that the two would get to meet. She got a slight headache at the thought of just how many people she was going to meet in the span of the next week, but that was just going to be part of the package...

Cormak noticed her body language and gave her an assuring look as the family exited the plane. It didn't take long for them to pass through customs - not many could go through the "Diplomats and Other Dignitaries" line, after all, that all former Anomalies and their families got to enjoy - and finding the luggage took far less time than the family had expected.

In record time - about half an hour - they were out into the Main Terminal, and the twins' excitement couldn't be contained any longer. They sprinted down the corridor with their travel packs, urgently and excitedly scanning the crowd for a sign that read "Lethbridge-Antonio". Though Gabriella tried her best to shout after them to be careful, she couldn't help but smile at their excitement.

"I found it!" shouted Jayla, as Claudia tried to cut in front of her to get to their destination. Cormak and Gabriella followed, bringing their luggage, to the figure that was holding the sign.

Clad in a blue business suit was a middle-aged, dark-haired woman who had the biggest smile on her face. It took Gabriella Antonio a few seconds to recognize one Erika Morningstar, former right back of the Chromatik National Team and one of Gabriella's good friends on the team. For many a season, they'd clashed as Coret played Sabrefell Athletic; on the National Team, the two had clicked.

"Wait," Gabriella deadpanned, "You're our ride?"

"I volunteered!" Erika exclaimed, reaching out for a hug. Gabriella wasn't someone who enjoyed hugs, but for Erika Morningstar, she made an exception. The two of them hugged, while Cormak smiled and tried to make sure that there were no bystanders noticing them. Thankfully, if anyone did, they seemed to be giving the two women some space.

"You two have grown so much!" Erika stated, before extending a hand to Claudia and Jayla in turn, "It's good to see you again. I'm Erika Morningstar, and I had the distinct honor of playing with your Mom for a while back in the day."

"It's great to meet you," Claudia answered, while Jayla, a bit star struck, just accepted the handshake.

"Thanks for getting us," Cormak responded, as Erika shook his hand as well, "It's good to see a friendly face. I assume our ride is outside?"

"Yep!" Erika took one of the bags from Cormak and started to lead the Lethbridge-Antonios to where a van was waiting for them.

"Are you ready for the big day?" Erika asked Gabriella as the two walked toward the vehicle, "They're going to make a big deal of it, you know. It's been a while since the prodigal daughter returned home."

"I didn't do anything wrong," Gabriella stated exasperatedly, "It's not a crime to want to have a family when you haven't your whole life."

"You don't need to convince me of anything, dearie," Erika answered, smiling ruefully, "But the media is going to have a field day. Keira and I will try to shield you from it as much as we can, but you must have guessed this would happen when you chose to come back?"

"I did," Gabriella nodded, accepting the truth, "I didn't come back for me. I came back for them."

"And if that means getting reintroduced to Chromatik football, its glories, its status, and its scrutiny... So be it."
Last edited by Chromatika on Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Squornshelan Remnant States
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

WC93 MD21-22 & Group Draw

Postby Squornshelan Remnant States » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:47 pm

When Ailen Koirala opened the cupboard for a coffee cup, she found another rubber chicken.

They'd been popping up at random lately, which she supposed was appropriate. Ever since that strange woman had appeared in her bedroom that morning to tell her to go, personally, to Audioslavia and commit what was at the very least an act of criminal vandalism, and at worst some manner of capital blasphemy.

It had been too absurd to consider, so she hadn't.

For a while, nothing. Ailen had actually started to believe she'd dreamed the whole episode.

The first rubber chicken had been sitting on her desk one morning when she'd arrived at the office. Review of the security cameras proved that no one had entered the office since she'd left the previous evening. The next one was in the trunk of her car, which had been locked and alarmed all night. A third appeared when she was out for a jog, falling onto the sidewalk in front of her out of a clear blue sky. There were presumably plausible but incredibly unlikely explanations for the appearance of the chickens, which also seemed appropriate. It was a good thing she'd already announced her pending resignation as SCFA President. Whether she was actually losing her mind, or had actually angered some power that was now attempting to threaten her, it wouldn't be good to have the association exposed to a potentially embarrassing scandal. Besides, a deity that could summon rubber chickens out of thin air to torment her could likely find ways to be a lot nastier, particularly with regard to the fast-approaching World Cup finals. The Black-and-Reds historical and recent record against their Group C opponents was also not exactly heartening.

Banija, the top seed, had never failed to win in four meetings with the Black-and-Reds, most recently defeating them twice during World Cup 91 qualifying just after eliminating the Confederacy on penalties in the second round of World Cup 90. The only other meeting between the two sides had been a mid-qualifying friendly all the way back during Cycle 83, which the Black-and-Reds had also lost. The two meetings with Ko-oren were a little more encouraging. The Black-and-Reds had taken full points off the Dragonflies in the group stage just last cycle, a notable upset on the first matchday of the finals. They'd also met and fought to a draw during Cup of Harmony 74, but that was more or less ancient history by this point. Yuezhou, on paper very much the weakest team in a particularly difficult group, had twice taken a point off the Black-and-Reds in last cycle's qualifying tournament, earning a pair of 3-3 draws that nearly let them catch the Black-and-Reds for second place in Group 2.

The point was, it was going to be a struggle, and the building ire of a random number deity was not looking likely to help things. Ailen had considered moving up the timetable of her resignation. The board could continue their deliberations with an interim president serving, or with the position simply vacant for a few weeks. It wouldn't be a disaster. The trouble was, she felt almost certain that such a ploy would actually make it more likely that what was so far a private grudge against Ailen herself could spill over to the Black-and-Reds

No, it was probably best to continue on the way things were. Call the bluff. After all, how long could a deity of randomness really hold a grudge? Wouldn't her very nature put the length of time her ire could remain focused in doubt? That was Ailen's gamble anyway. Besides, she felt that in a way, this Margaret might approve of her taking a chance.

SRS: 4
MUR: 2

Scoring:
SRS: Ness 4', 61', Volam 44', Maksimov 78'

Lineup: Heiskanen; Nyberg, Jagdish, Yarlut, Halfariani; Hashemi, Nisarizo; Stern, Volam, Maksimov; Ness

ESL: 0
SRS: 1

Scoring:
SRS: Bondarov 10'

Lineup: Shimski; Nyberg, Titov, Yarlut, Halfariani; Hashemi, Zazagan; Bondarov, Volam, Yonte; Ness

Qualifying Schedule & Results:
MD01: AUD 0-1 SRS @ Arena Kirola (cap. 72,000), Cathair, AUD
MD02: SRS 3-1 RYF @ Flanoil Arena (cap. 50,350), Traal, West Flania, SRS
MD03: STR 1-1 SRS @ TBA
MD04: VEZ 0-1 SRS @ Fate Stadium (cap. 333,000), Naypyithaw, Burma, Val Z
MD05: SRS 6-2 AER @ The Lutenstaad (cap. 75,000), Lutenblag, Molvania, SRS
MD06: ASG 1-0 SRS @ TBA
MD07: SRS 4-2 EQS @ Olympiastad (cap. 47,550), Arkintoofle, Megabrantis, SRS
MD08: OBR 1-3 SRS @ TBA
MD09: SRS 5-1 BRP @ Pheldagriff Stadium (cap. 45,620), Yassaca, Sivolvia, SRS
MD10: MUR 1-6 SRS @ TBA
MD11: SRS 3-1 ESL @ Admiral Cherenkov Stadium (cap. 71,200), Santraginus, Isle of Squornshelous, SRS
MD12: SRS 1-0 AUD @ Vogsphere Arena (cap. 90,000), Vogsphere, Isle of Squornshelous, SRS
MD13: RYF 0-2 SRS @ TBA
MD14: SRS 4-2 STR @ Sunergy Field (cap. 37,550), Hunian, Algolia, SRS
MD15: SRS 3-1 VEZ @ Bridger Lane (cap. 72,406), Damogran, Algolia, SRS
MD16: AER 3-1 SRS @ Centerby Stadion (cap. 36,000), Vorácy, AER
MD17: SRS 4-1 ASG @ Megabrantid Financial Field (cap. 69,245), Brantisvogan, Megabrantis, SRS
MD18: EQS 0-2 SRS @ TBA
MD19: SRS 3-0 OBR @ Malgacorp Arena (cap. 29,350), Hensha, Megabrantis, SRS
MD20: BRP 2-1 SRS @ TBA
MD21: SRS 4-2 MUR @ Green Heart Center (cap. 20,760), Han Wavel, Han Dold, SRS
MD22: ESL 0-1 SRS @ Eshialand City Superdome (cap. 75,000), Eshialand City, ESL
- - - FINALS - - -
GS01: KOR v SRS @ Fletcher Park (cap. 45,000), Kingsbury, TMB
GS02: SRS v BAN @ Two Rivers Stadium (cap. 42,000), Millsburgh, TMB
GS03: YZH v SRS @ Stokers' Park (cap. 52,000), Fontwell, TMB
The Confederacy of Squornshelan Remnant States
Successor State to the Imperium of Squornshelous
World Cup 31 Champions
AOCAF Cup 69 Champions
ARC 1 Champions
World Cup:
2nd: 15, 38
3rd: 20, 25
SF: 18, 27
QF: 5, 11, 12, 22, 30, 32, 33, 34, 40
Ro16: 6, 7, 9, 16, 21, 23, 24, 28, 36, 37, 39, 90, 93
Group Stage: 8, 10, 13, 17, 19, 26, 29, 35, 41, 88, 91, 92, 94
DNQ: 14, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 89, 95
Cup of Harmony:
QF: 6, 73, 75, 81
Ro16: 74
Ro32: 79
Group Stage: 76, 77, 87
Regional:
2nd: AOCAF65
3rd: IAC8, AOCAF67, AOCAF68
QF: IAC10, IAC13, AOCAF66, AOCAF70
2nd Round: IAC6, IAC7, IAC12
1st Round: IAC9, IAC11
Other:
BoF68 QF

Squorn is an unknowable entity -Mriin

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pemecutan » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:59 pm

Playoff Leg 2
Audioslavia 3 – 3 Pemecutan
3 – 4 (aet)
4 – 5 (agg)

Goal:
Komang Trisna Mahayana (26')
Leo Olivando (58', 107')
Rama Karyadi (83')

Substitution:
Oscar Tri Atmaja <---> Alvino Bastian (62')
Surya Brata Wijaya <---> Vikram Shankar (71')
Agus Setiahadi <---> Pande Putu Sukarwa (84')

Chapter 1 || Chapter 2 || News || Chapter 3 || Chapter 4 || Chapter 5 || Chapter 6 || Chapter 7 || Chapter 8 || Chapter 9 || Chapter 10 || Chapter 11

Saniscara Umanis Wuku Medangkungan, Pawukon 1784

A Shooting Incident Left Patih Madya Injured

Mengwi - The nation is at shocked after an incident happened during the Patih Madya visit to Kanginan capital. The incident was happening this morning during his speech in front of college students at Mangu National University. A close range shot was directed towards Patih Madya. Fortunately, the guard made a quick response and dodge Patih Madya and took the bullet himself. Patih Madya was rushed to nearby hospital with only bruised and some scratches in his body. The guard, Ngakan Nyoman Arka Subrata, have to be operated after the bullet shot his upper left arm. While the culprit was taken into the police custody. The shooter is identify as Wayan Agus Kusumajati, one of the 5 college students who become the representative of the protestors during the meeting with Ratu Penglingsir a few weeks prior.

Wayan Agus Kusumajati is a final-year college student of Mangu National University who is known as one of the orator during the height of Mengwian protest after the Ratu Hawir Bhuja incident. He was also selected to represent the protestors with 4 others to meet Ratu Penglingsir and other high ranking officials including ministers and member of parliaments to address the demands of the protestors to the central government. Patih Madya was scheduled to attend the public discussion with the theme of Pemecutan Political Shift. And Kusumajati was in the same location, attending the discussion. During Patih Madya speech, Kusumajati who was seating at the front row behind the invitee suddenly stand up and point out a pistol to the podium. The guard, Arka Subrata rushed to the rescue and took the bullet. While Kusumajati was caught by other guards and security as he ran away. Following the published of this article, no updated information has been announced by the police following the motives of his action. Elsewhere, the security around the campus are also being question for their negligence so Kusumajati could enter the venue without proper scanning. And the origin of the gun that Kusumajati use is also being trace.

It was a shocking incident. No one ever thought that such incident might happened in Pemecutan. This is the first. And we hope none will ever happen again. All prays to Patih Madya and the brave guard. Hope that they will be fully recover. It is really an unfortunate event in the height of the tension between Kanginan and the central government. It is worth notified that Patih Madya was intended to seat together and mediate both parties to resolved the problem. But sadly, this incident happens.

Satria Wiradarma
Kanginani Patih Madya

Wiradarma speech following the incident have bring another shockwave to the citizens. As Patih Madya plan to resolve the situation, this incident happen. Political expert, Rika Aswatama, says that the protesters side have become too reckless by doing this things. She notified that the population might change their mind from the protesters side to the government side. "Violence have never been seen as a good solution to ended such clash. And it is just add another fuel to extend the negative pretense rather than trying to make things up and end the clash. The protesters side needs to be more mature in handling this situation and not doing something rash like this again," she added.

It is believe that with this incident, the support towards the protesters and their demand will slowly decreasing. However, there is still no official speech from the government rather they will continue about the mediation or not. During the absence of Patih Madya, Patih Agung will assume the office. But at this time, Patih Agung is currently at Petang. While the citizen are waiting for what will happened next. On the other hand, the university's auditorium, the place of the incident is closed for the time being as the investigation for the incident is conducted. The graduation ceremony which have been schedule have to be move elsewhere.

MD 1
Kelssek v Pemecutan
@ The Tidal Wave, Tihon, Chromatika

Meeting Record
World Cup 93 - Qualifying stage
Kelssek 1 – 2 Pemecutan

Pemecutan 5 – 3 Kelssek

Starter
#1 Wira Putra (GK)
#2 Dwi Putra Kusuma (LB)
#3 Satya Putra Laksamana (CB)
#4 Vikram Shankar (CB)
#5 Alvino Bastian (RB)
#7 Agus Kusumawijaya (LM)
#8 Satya Permadi (CM)
#9 Rama Karyadi (CM)
#6 Bayu Dananjaya (RM)
#10 Komang Trisna Mahayana (AT)
#11 Leo Olivando (ST)
Reserve
#33 Heriawan Yudha (GK)
#81 Septiandi Yusuf (GK)
#12 Panca Suputra (LB)
#13 Ngurah Agung Rai Putra (CB)
#14 Surya Brata Wijaya (CB)
#34 Gede Arya Damar (CB/DM)
#15 Oscar Tri Atmaja (RB)
#16 Dwi Putra Ariana (LM)
#17 Agus Setiahadi (CM)
#19 Dian Wahyu Ananda (CM)
#29 Nengah Patriawan (CM/DM)
#18 Satria Wiradarma (RM)
#22 Wisnu Pramana (ST)
#27 Pandu Oka Jaya (ST)
#20 Dewa Putu Mahardika (AT)
Player role
Captain - Satya Putra Laksamana
Corner kicks - Dwi Putra Kusuma (left), Alvino Bastian (right)
Free kicks - Rama Karyadi, Komang Trisna Mahayana
Penalty - Leo Olivando
Injury
-
United Kingdom of Pemecutan
Pemecutan Realm
Trigram: PCU | Demonym: Pemecutanian
Capital: Pemecutan Puri
Population: 23,027,733 (latest census)

Homepage | Wikipage

Turori
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2004
Democratic Socialists

WC93Q PO2

Postby Turori » Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:24 pm

Turori Survive Dramatic World Cup Playoff against Mytanija

World Cup 93 Qualifying Playoff Leg 2 :: The Turori National Team knew they had a critical advantage heading into the second leg of their two-legged World Cup 93 Playoff Match. They needed to win by at least 2 goals at home in the first leg, and they did just that. The 2-0 win at the Cednia Beach Center gave the Eels the slightest amount of breathing room. The simple knowledge that one simple mistake would not cost them the World Cup Finals. Unfortunately, They didn't think about the implications that 4 simple mistakes would have.

After recording a shutout at the Cednia Beach Center, Turori National Team head coach Tarek Edgeli stuck behind Inland Peaks goalkeeper Timaala Hualtia for the second leg. Unfortunately there would be no shutout magic from the mountains this time around, as the hosts had the lead less than 5 minutes into the game. With nearly ever-present possession, the Mytanars pressed forward with a 5-player attacking front and nearly all of them would get on the scoresheet. It was a complete demolition in the first half to the extent that a shell-shocked head coach Tarek Edgeli wasn't even sure what they could do to counter it. Slow the game down. How?

Though Hualtiia had been beaten four times in the first half, Edgeli wasn't about to yank them as if they were playing on Ice. Most of the goals were down to poor defending and high skill of the opposition. There was little Hualtia could have done to stop them. Edgeli decided to reserve their substitutions for the second half in the event the Eels could somehow find a way back into the game.

When the teams came out of the tunnel for the second half, Mytanija were surprisingly in a much different look than during their dominant opening 45 minutes. With a four-goal advantage on the night and having built up the same two-goal advantage on aggregate that the Eels had cherished coming into the match, Mytanija fell back into an uncharacteristic prevent mindset. Even without pushing a five-pronged attack, Mytanija still retained large amounts of possession in a keepaway game as they knew if the Turori National Team didn't have the ball, the Turori National Team would not score.

This would lead to the critical moment of the game 10 minutes into the second half. As Turori's Cuoabaza Orani'aoa fought hard to win the ball back in the middle of the field, they had stuck a leg in and gotten the slightest of touches on the Mytanar player who went down in a heap and requested medical attention. The scenario would go on for minutes and it was not far from the team benches. The camera crew on the sidelines was well placed to overhear a conversation between Turori National Team head coach Tarek Edgeli and their assistant coach Lulu Pumaziiri.

'What the hell are they doing out there?' Edgeli exclaimed in the general direction of their assistant. 'They are wasting time. They know they are wasting time.'

Pumaziiri responded "The ref is not an idiot. The ref knows what they are doing. They are inflating the injury to make it look worse than it is."

"I know, I know, but they are making such a scene of it!" Edgeli retorted. "Look at him, rolling on the floor he barely got touched"

Calmly, once more it was Pumaziiri's response. "Every ref is going to set a limit to the amount of game time they will allow to tick off during these situation. Even if they don't tell us where that limit is going to be, its guaranteed there is a limit and so it doesnt matter how far past that limit they go. Everything else is just going to get added on to stoppage time."

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT LIMITS! came a voice from the other box. YOU'RE AN IDIOT EDGELI!

The overly passionate Mytanar sideline had just thrown themselves in the midst of a discussion between Edgeli and Pumaziiri. All of a sudden the focus was not on the injured player but on the bench. Edgeli calmly attempted to repeat their statement that the player was exaggerating their injury and just wasting everyone's time, because the ref would add the time on at the end. But this seemed only to cause the unnamed Mytanar Equipment Manager to dig their heels in deeper. Then, in a moment of idiotic passion, called out to the field where the injured player lay to receive medical attention to inform them that the Turorian coaches had questioned their integrity.

With that statement, the miracle cure had been applied and the player instantly popped up and ran at the sideline, confronting Edgeli and Pumaziiri. The physical contact alone was enough and - having already been irked by the low quality on-field acting display, the referee wasted no time in dismissing the passion-filled Mytanija player from the match. Just like that, the game changed.

Mytanija found it much more difficult to run the prevent formation with one less player, and the Turori National Team, a very skilled team in their own right, saw an opening that could let them back into the match. Two goals was all they would need to force extra time.

Within minutes of play resuming, the Eels would get the recovery started through one of their most veteran players, Kiidallen Aeroluzzi. Having initially announced their retirement at the end of the previous World Cup cycle, Aeroluzzi was a late call up to the pool at the start of the World Cup 93 Qualifying cycle and few expected to see them in the lineup for a Playoff game. But Aeroluzzi's steady presence in midfield was valued by Edgeli who had asked the long time Colonial Sile midfielder to stick with the team for one more campaign and it proved a masterful move as the veteran steadied the ship following the chaos and pointed the Eels in the right direction with the goal. With five minutes, Turori had the crucial second goal they needed to tie the fixture up on aggregate and this time it was Cuoabaza Orani'aoa, the player whom inadvertently started the sequence.

Despite being down to 10 players, and having the momentum sucked out from under them, Mytanija were not done yet. They still had the home field advantage and having given up their two goal advantage, Manager Dzvezdan Kitanchev had once again given the Mytanar side the green light to attack. With 30 minutes left in the game, there was no guarantee they would survive all the way through to penalty kicks where they would be favored slightly over the Eels. The decision would pay off quickly as Mytanija earned a free kick near the sideline in the 73rd minute. Patrik Odonelec made the delivery into a crowded area where their opposite wing defender Zahir Ivankovic, on as half-time substitute, would rise highest to head the ball past Hualtia and get the crowd back into the game, restoring the Mytanar's one goal aggregate lead.

Thankfully, the Eels remained resolute. They still had a numerical advantage on the field, and they sill had time to work with. The next big moment came in the 82nd minute and once again it would come from a set play. After Turakia Diijelhma was fouled attempting to break into the box, Tulaki Rauogbab and Cuoabaza Orani'aoa stood over the ball just 25 yards from goal slightly to the left of the half circle. It was a perfect line for Rauogba who fired a ball hard and fast around the wall and just under the cross bar as a hapless Semir Besak stared in disbelief that they had been beat. Though much stoppage time was still expected, only 8 minutes remained until stoppage time and the Eels had restored their one goal aggregate lead.

The final ten minutes or so were a nervy affair as neither team was quite sure if they should be pressing too hard or not. With the scoreline tied on aggregate, both sides knew a goal could send them to the World Cup Finals. A goal could also send them home if it was in the other net. As the minutes ticked down, it seemed perhaps the smart play was to wait for the big attacking push until extra time, that way if something would go wrong there could be time to recover. There were groans in the stadium when 8 minutes of stoppage time were announced by the 4th official and over the loudspeakers at the Novi Atletskistadion as many had resigned themselves to the idea that the Mytanars should be playing for penalties.

Ultimately, the lengthy stoppage time would come in handy for the Eels. They managed to push up and force the Mytanars into an awkward clearance that would go out for a corner kick. Knowing the importance of the moment, Turori took their time, so much so that the referee showed a yellow card to Cuoabaza Orani'aoa who was set to take the corner kick. The preparation would prove worth it. Orani'aoa delivered a wormcutter of a cross, low, hard and right along the end line. It created chaos in the area. Odonelec got a foot on the ball in an attempt to clear the danger but it would only go as far as the foot of Karek Edgeli. The head coaches namesake had the ball on their feet at the far side and a gaping net in front of them with Mytanar goalkeeper Besak on what was the near side and twisting franticly like a cat dropped upside down from just a foot off the ground in an attempt to get back in position for the shot. There was no hope, however. Edgeli was just meters from goal, unmarked, and it was just a tap in. In a flash, the Eels had done it. An incredible 4 goal second half performance after their opponents were reduced to 10 players had seen Turori fight back and restore their advantage.

Although Turori had lost 4-5 on the day when the final whistle blew, it would all go back to that 80th minute goal from Turakia Diijelhma at the Cednia Beach Center, putting the Eels in the critical position of having room for error in Mytanija - because the Eels would need all that room and then some to survive in one of the more difficult tests they faced on the campaign. Of course, the prize was huge and Turori would be headed to World Cup 93 in Chromatika and Tumbra, with perhaps one last chance to take advantage of their Golden Generation and make amends for their defeat at World Cup 91 with another run toward the World Cup Final.

Turori 4 - 5 Mytanija	
Turori Goals: :: 59' Kiidallen Aeroluzzi:: 63' Cuoabaza Orani’aoa:: 82' Tulaki Rauogba:: 90'+2' Karek Edgeli
Stats :: Turori :: Possession: 56%:: Shots: 11:: Corners: 9 :: Mytanija :: Possession: 44%:: Shots: 14:: Corners: 20
Turori Lineup :: Timaala Hualtia, Karek Edgeli, Moumouni Verre'elali, Amakli Inuro'o, Biliki Rona'atu'i, Cuoabaza Orani’aoa, Kiidallen Aeroluzzi, Naraiza Ruaplal (Kala'a Yuliizala 45'), Tulaki Rauogba, Turakia Diijelhma, Nua'oma Aikiki

With their ticket to Chromatika and Tumbra World Cup 93 In hand, the Turori National Team would begin to prepare for their potential opposition, which they would confirm at the World Cup 93 Group Draw. Turori's opening matchday opponent at World Cup 93 will be Kandortih, a nation that the Eels know very well on the pitch after having recently played in the World Cup 86, World Cup 90 and World Cup 91 Finals. Of course, each time the Turori National Team have played Kandorith, the Kandorese have been introduced to the stadium with a new flag leading the way. That will be no different at World Cup 93 as Kandorith continue their time honored flag adjusting tradition with a simplified two-tone version of just white and red for World Cup 93. After starting things off at the Two Rivers Stadium in Millsburgh against Kandorith, Turori will then face the Commonwealth of Baker Park, a nation which the Eels have already played and defeated twice this cycle as part of the World Cup 93 Qualifying Groups, and finally against Juvencus on Matchday 3 of Group play, a team which the Eels have faced four times in recent competition during Qualifying for both World Cup 87 and World Cup 91, but whom have not faced each other in the finals since World Cup 80 when Turori's National Cocoabo Squad represented the Eels for the Final time at the World Cup Finals.

<Silexhera> Why does Turori make sense? :p

Valanora
Senator

Founded: Sep 03, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:28 pm

Hawk considered a moment his stature in life, in football, in Vanorian society. What was he compared to the rest of those who dwelled within the Empire, did he actually fit in back at home or had he become so detached from the Empire that while it was where he was from, it was not really a place that he could go back to? The rest of the elves had all but disappeared from the Empire, some tens of thousands, maybe a hundred thousand at most remained within the Empire. His own family had been among the millions of elves who had departed the material realm to return back to the celestial realm that was apparently the home of the elves. Hawk found it difficult to believe that the elves had been originally the creation of such great powers that they would be as gods, yet the proof had been seen for all of Valanora to see those decades prior. While there were a few of his friends still around, including a few of his teammates from the national team, what was left within the Empire that would really feel like home to someone like he who had spent so much of his time in the last two centuries away from it when not in the Empire for some football related activity?

Society in the Empire might have deemed him a hero but he did not feel like he was a hero, he did not have deeds like had been told in the tales and sung in the songs from his youth. Hawk knew he was no one like Jas Hatire or one of the different Raynors who had lead the Empire through both high and low points to reach the level of prosperity that had elevated to among the most well renowned Empires on Silverymoon. He was just a footballer, someone who played a sport because they happened to be really good at it and thanks to being an elf, had been granted centuries to try to perfect his game. Each new step on the journey of the game was a step in evolving, in finding out what he was good at and what still needed improvement. It was another way of finding out what his limits where and then conjuring up ways he could build himself up to break through those limits and reach a level that was currently beyond his skill. The closest thing to being a hero that he ever did was providing the fees for the rest of the national team when they were hosted in Cafundeu and having to deal with that complex tax system.

What was his life in the balance of the universe? If his was barely a blip on the world that he inhabited, then what impact was his in the most grand of scales and was it even worth considering things that are so vast that the order of magnitude of comparison is beyond reasonable? While Hawk never felt the same pull back to the celestial realm that the rest of his kin felt the way that they described it, he would quite often feel restless and insignificant in the balance of the world, of life itself. The reckless pursuit of perfection was isolating, it was draining, and it was a pursuit that had no end, Hawk was aware enough of his task to know that perfection could never truly be found. There was always room for improvement, for a way to increase ones self, even if it took measures of work and time so large by comparison to the resulting improvement that it would almost seem worthless to do so, still he persisted. What toll though had that taken on his life, on his mental and physical well being, at the chances of finding some sort of happiness that was outside this game that he played?

Football, it would always be there, at least until something else managed to not only convince the rest of Silverymoon that it was somehow a superior sport to play the world over but also the various other planets that were under some of Silverymoon's nations domain. It seemed a task beyond words, beyond even comprehension, and yet football itself had managed to do so through means that seem almost impossible to calculate the odds of. How many different nations through various points of history somehow come up with a very nearly same idea that became the game that the world over enjoyed today? His own journey from a fish salesman, to a street footballer, and then to a professional football had taken so many different twists and turns, needing no small amount of luck for him to end up where he was now. He was both the talisman of a great footballer power but also a link to a past where success was as easy to get as it is for a person to breathe the air. Perhaps that was why he wandered as he did, leaving the clubs he had traveled to behind after a decade or so, seeking that new challenge. What footprint would be left behind if and when his playing days were over?
World Cup 40, 42, 43, 52, & 61 Champions
WC 47, 51, 94 (2nd), WC 34, 38, 39, 41, 44, 45, 53, 60, 67, 92 (3rd), WC 49, 58, 87, 90 (Semifinalist), WC 33, 35-37, 46, 48, 54, 55, 62, 63, 65, 72, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91 (Quarterfinalist)
WCoH VII, VIII, XVII, XXVIII, XXX, XXXII (1st), WCoH I, XXXI, XL (2nd), WCoH II, XXIX (3rd), WCoH XII (4th)
AOCAF 44, 46, 51, 53, 65, 68 Champions, AOCAF 39, 43, 55, 59, 64 Runners Up
Co-Hosted: too many events to count

EPL Season 20,073

I am that which I am and choose to be.

Farfadillis
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Farfadillis » Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:28 pm

Since at least the World Cups of the mid-70s, Farf fan support at World Cups—85 and 91 aside for obvious reasons—has arguably always been one of the most starkly different from its usual fan support. When Farfadillis plays qualifiers games, pretty much absolutely anyone can turn up, and typically away teams have an astonishingly hard time getting any points out of their visits to La Fantás. The stand on fire is probably intimidating, sure, but the fan support is usually made up of Ferdullaelan nationalists slash racists and Farves from elsewhere in the nation that were crazy enough to make all the trek to the lawless wasteland that is Ferdullaele to watch their team play, Ferdullaelan ethnonationalism be damned. With safety regulations in Farfadillis being more comical than existent, it is no surprise that Farfadillis has a fearsome home presence for most teams and, considering there have been a lot of better teams out there for large stretches of time since cycle 69, it is perhaps an important factor in Farfadillis' current qualification streak.

So, what makes Farf support at World Cups different? The passion is still there, for sure, but some of the key elements for intimidating opposition are just not there. Hosts typically plan ahead of time for Farfadillis specifically to avoid any tragic incidents, such as brawls resulting in death or tragically expensive infrastructure damage resulting from arson. Hosts have almost always managed to contain the Farf menace, so to speak, but this is in part due to the make-up of Farf support: they're almost always refugees, first, second or even third generation immigrants from well-off nations. Obviously, there's some selection bias going on here: if you're a Banijan with a Farf grandparent and you're making the trip to Tumbra to join one of the most deranged fanbases in the Multiverse, then clearly you're not the standard third generation Farf immigrant. To put it simply, the one huge difference between the support la Vherderoja gets in Farfadillis and the support it gets elsewhere is that people born and raised in Farfadillis, while not non-existent, are hard to come by outside of Farfadillis.

Perhaps subdued by less passionate cultures, perhaps subdued by potentially disastrous consequences for them and the national team if they step out of line, it is undeniable that Farf fans at World Cups are loud, try to get away with as much as they can, and turn up in surprising numbers for such an impoverished nation. They may not be as passionate, but they are passionate. Most importantly, however, a few aspects of their Farf identity are far more subdued, in a positive way: ethnic brawls pretty much never go beyond a fistfight. You'll see Farves of Faroleran ancestry hugging Farves of Rulandese ancestry after a goal scored by a Ferdullaelan, even though all three nations despise each other to the point of flirting with the extermination of the others if given the chance. Put another way: Farfadillis, as a political entity, may be long gone, but some of its remnants can still be seen at times like this. At the World Cup, a half-Faroleran hugging a half-Szoirsian is also a half-Kelssekian hugging a half-Banijan. The Farf cultural imprint is decidedly still there, but most of the internal hate is gone.

With things going badly in Farfadillis—which says a lot, but a two-front war between various ethnostates with foreign resource extraction on the line really does mean Farfadillis is not having a good time at the moment—it is arguably more important than ever that Farfadillis' fans avoid petty racism, at least the one they direct at one another. Presenting a united front can help heal, however little, a nation that no longer is, but has now been aching for over fifty years nonetheless. A united fanbase can also help mend problems in the dressing room, which are various and mostly a result of internal ethnic conflict, for which the war back home has been, for all intents and purposes, nukes to the fire.

Farfadillis traditionally does not emulate its off-the-pitch "form" too much at the World Cup: some of la Vherderoja's best results have come at times of literal total societal collapse. However, it is undeniable that the national team has been on the downswing for about a decade now, so maybe a united, more wholesome fanbase is exactly what the team needs. One that is passionate, but also one that reminds them why they're even there. What do these players share beyond a football shirt and some anecdotes? A cultural background, one that runs deeper than whatever petty differences have torn them apart in more recent years. The fanbase can put that in full display.

There are rumors that the fanbase is actively planning (planning! Remember a lot of them are only part-Farf) to fully lean into what being Farf means for them, and how the national team relates directly to that. It is said they'll be cycling through songs in every relevant Farf language—that means about eight, give or take two—even though it might prove hard to third and especially fourth generation immigrants, who typically do not display Farf omniglottery to the extent needed to learn a couple of languages in a few days.

The opening game will be against a (currently, at least) far better Tumbran side itching to finally well and truly leave their mark in history, making the most of their home advantage. Farfadillis cannot and will not be able to compete with the kind of support the home team is going to get. However, there's just one word, maybe even a whole verse, that the fans will be trying their damned hardest to sneak in at key junctures, to spur the players on. It will be nothing too extreme: no reference to opposing fans' deaths, no racism, no cop-slandering and presumably no attempts to set things on fire. In the end, the fans, in their own subdued way, will be hoping just one word will be able to carry them far—and who knows how far?

As the Farf team lines up for its anthem, the usual occurs: Farfadillis has no anthem because it is not even a political entity anymore. Nowadays, protocol usually calls for a minute or so of silence, implicitly referencing the various hardships the island has had to endure. At La Fantás, the "minute of silence" is anything but, but at the World Cup it is typically respected. Not this time, though: there might just be a new anthem in town. As soon as the Tumbran anthem is done and the minute of silence begins, the Farf end, surprisingly numerous in size, starts belting.

"MUCHAAAACHOOOOOS, TRAIGAN CHELA JUEGA LA VHERDEEEEE"
The Outlandish Lands of Farfadillis Ӿ Population: 20,814,000 ± 11,186,000
Capital: not applicable Ӿ Demonym: Farf, plural Farves
Shango-Fogoa Premier League (wiki) Ӿ Farfadillis national football team Ӿ Map of Farfadillis Ӿ Name Generator

Champions: World Cup 84 and AOCAF Cups 43, 48 and 57
Hosts: World Cups 85 and 91, Baptisms of Fire 54, 68 and 78 and AOCAF Cups 38, 60 and 67

Chromatika
Minister

Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:33 pm

Cutoff for the Tumbran half.

WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89

Huayramarca
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 02, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Huayramarca » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:20 pm

WC 93 Group G Guide: G stands for Glory?

Written by: Karla Caicedo
12/11/1988 – Last Updated: 9:28 P.M.

It is summer, ladies and gentleman! It’s World Cup summer in Chromatika and Tumbra, and Huayramarca has managed to qualify for the fourth time in a row to the biggest display of football in the Multiverse. Things this time have some interesting views, as this is our first World Cup without Omar Caicedo, a cycle where many things have changed, where Huayramarca had been able to behave better in offence, and also having more attitude when it comes to critical moments in the game; aside, the fact that, in this Qualifier, the team was far more constant than before, thanks due to the overall scheme of things Blâás Âgínsôgnó implemented in the team, finally hitting in the right key when it comes to tactical coherence.

An Anaian and a Esportivan nation in charge of hosting the main event is a healthy rotation for the hosting line, which had been mostly hosted by Atlantian Oceania and Rushmore; it is even more satisfactory for Huayramarcan fans the fact that the Condors got sent to the Chromatik side of the World Cup, meaning that distances are far closer, logistics are easier and there’s more chance for fans from all over the nation to visit the hosting nation. Aside all the fan side of things, the perspectives of seasons and distances, there’s need of focusing into the sporting side of things, to have the perspective of our rivals, their strong points, weaknesses, opportunities and the threats we can pose them. It is time for us, at the Sports Redaction at Trome, to analyse our rivals from a refreshing and precise point of view, that’s why we will use the SWOT technique to review our rivals, to see where Huayramarca could take some advantage and how they could do the same on us.

Let's get started with the top seed of the group, let's talk about Valanora and talk about some of their strongest points and it is impossible to not talk about strongness without mentioning the immortal talent of Laborious Hawk, a player that continues to be decisive for the Vanorians since times immemorial, with their class, nice touch and unrivaled positioning in the midfield, something that Huayramarcans had to suffer thrice in World Cup 90, specially in the Round of 16, where Hawk demonstrated their talent to the multiverse and took the team into their shoulders to cruise through a, by then, unexperienced Huayramarcan side.

Despite having exceptional talent like Heike Schoß, Lothas Ludwig and Jutta Palminger and even more players, Hawk always helps to keep the team as cohesive as always, to provide valuable experience and insight for new players, helping the Vanorians to avoid the pains of generational shifts as much as possible. When it comes to egos, Dan Eastwood is known for being an exceptional caretaker of big stars in the changing room, being successful with many teams such as Raynor City United; always excelling for being a smart manager, handling the talents of their players in the best way possible, helping him to create a well-oiled machine all the time.

Weaknesses: It is, honestly, pretty hard to talk about weaknesses of the most successful team in the history of the game, even more in a situation where they are back at the top of the rankings and look as the most serious candidate to lift the World Cup for a record sixth time, but perfection doesn’t exist… If we look cautiously their starting XI, that line of three seems like a potential exploitable point for the Condors, as Bryan Tello could try to use an ability he has been in some matches, that is acting like a decoy to attract pressing on him, acting as a pivot and letting a winger to attack freely. The Eternal Empire representative has the experience on their side, but it is hard to ignore how creative can get the Huayramarcans to find a gap, speed will be useful for us to find that gap when Tello attracts marking, it will be a crucial point of the game if noticed and taken in consideration.

Opportunities: Having the meta-vision of Hawk in the midfield is something that doesn’t simply let’s you win games, it can be a championship decider factor, the time of reaction from Orlando Mina is something that has improved, but it could not be enough to stop Laborious Hawk, that’s where the Vanorians have the opportunity to get through the defence and feed Palminger and Ludwig. Let’s also not ignore the fact that Huayramarca has had some nerve-wracking performances when the rivals use two or more strikers, that match at La Fantás proved to be a nightmare for Kevin Quispe, Santiago Chumacero, Felipe Fernández and Carlos Vilca; although the Vanorians aren’t as overflowing as Farves when attacking, their experience and sense of placement, plus Laborious Hawk abilities to serve a beautiful ball to score are their opportunities against us, 68 goals in the qualifier gave proof of it.

Threats: As it was said with the negative points, pretty much nothing looks like a threat for this team, their defence and the zone near Gideon Riemann looks not so solid, that’s where Bryan Tello acting as a decoy, having some long ball crossing and using speed will be the key for the Huayramarcans to get through the Vanorians. It will be important to mention that, if a team cuts any circuits or connections between some of the midfielders, Laborious Hawk and the attackers, the team will have significant struggles, so the key is having personal marking on Hawk, and also being cautious if there’s an attempt to set him free of it; strongness and patience will be the key to erode their midfield and experience.

Well, we have talked about an historical team in the World Cup Qualifiers, having won five trophies alongside Starblaydia and the nation of Vilita which happens to be our second rival in this group. Definitely, talking about having two of the three nations that have won the World Cup five times is a reminder on how hard things are for us, who have been trying to consolidate in the World Cup big stage since almost ten years ago. Vilita, in the other hand, has spent in the World Cup a lot of time, to be precise, they play the World Cup since the time Huayramarca didn’t exist as a nation but as a group of tribes who had little to no contact between them, that makes us appreciate how historical are the Vilitans in the World Cup scene.

Strong points Zelkki Milake, their young goalkeeper who looks to be a solid reference for the Jungle Rebels is widely regarded as one of the best goalkeepers in the multiverse due to his reflexes, ability to anticipate plays from the rivals and for being in the right time to save a shot. From being an outcast to consolidate himself as the best goalkeeper of Vilita through winning the Di Bradini Cup when he was 16, it’s recognizable for how long he has been a fundamental team of the team, enough to say that he has an extensive experience despite being only 25 years old. Huayramarca will have to be careful when it comes to attacking this goalkeeper, taking enough time to think about shooting in elaborate or complicate ways as it was done in World Cup 90, back when we defeated Vilita 1-0 and the Condors soared to the Round of 16 for their first and only time so far.

Weaknesses: Same issue as Valanora, having a defence consisting of three players is certainly an issue when you have to deal with Bryan Tello, Gabriel Sayritupac, Abraham Mendoza and now even René Matsabanda when possible, even a more accentuated one when Rojara Tiones, one of the defenders, isn’t as young as our wingers. Experience might be in their side, that’s a fact, but Tiones doesn’t seem to have a lot of speed left, and part of it means that the rivals managed to get past him quite a lot during the Qualifiers. It will require Narri Sebapilo to do some more effort to cover his side, which already means overloading him, so Huayramarca can press at the middle and in the right side with Tello and Sayritupac to break them.

Opportunities: Having twins in the offence is always a big thing, as both of them are able to get along fast, communicate each other in special ways that might be far from the usual comprehension of somebody. After the World Cup 90 Group Stage elimination at the hands of the Condors, the Tlikara brothers (Treasvo and Kunaro) emerged as offensive forces for the Vilitans, both being capable of performing pretty good physically and in the aerial game, which is somewhat the weak point of Huayramarca through the last couple of cycles, that means that the twins can search for each other and exploit through the middle against Quispe and Chumacero. We should also note that their 3-5-2, if used, can provide some extra elements that can turn this team into a real offensive machine that Huayramarca should take care of; as we said, it will be important to avoid overflowing in the defence, and also being careful to stop them.

Threats: Compared to the Vanorians, Vilitans haven’t enjoyed of success as of late, having some early departures in the last World Cups that haven’t been able to match what the Vilitans did in the late 70s and early 80s cycles. There’s pressure on Endur Rotopii to deliver the so expected results he has promised to do; fans, press and the FA are asking for a better performance, they are playing with a significant pressure on their shoulders, and that is a factor that Huayramarca should take into consideration and play with it. As we know that concentration will be tough to achieve for the Vilitans, it will be important to play as we did in the World Cup 90, playing with a strong personality and resolution, to let them know that we don’t have that pressure, they are the ones having it.

And last, but not least, some of our closest neighbours in Anaia, the Ochre Isles have improved quite a lot since the World Cup 89 qualifiers where we played them, but we have done it too as well. The Ochres play a quite offensive version of the game, they do a 4-3-3 that could be quite risk loving, yet one that tries to exert some good possession and be able to get some good balls up front to score.

Strenghts: Look at the line of three attack that the Ochres have, they build quite good attacking fronts from the left side with Builder, Gibson does the same duty and might be able to clear the way for the third mate of them, who with the Clearedway might finish the building of the play and score. Ok, that trio of attackers will be one to keep in mind for the first matchday at Felswyr, the manager will have to make sure we get a cohesive defense for the match, and make sure this stays in that way for the rest of matches, as the Ochres will be a real first taste of a succession of pretty offensive teams set in the Group.

Weaknesses: The Ochre Islands are known for being a sun-drenched paradise in Anaia, all close to the sea and lacking mountains around the archipelagic chain. What it will be interesting for the Huayramarcans is taking advantage of the altitude, and we aren’t joking around, Felswyr is one of the highest cities of Anaia, sitting at a considerable 1,862 metres above sea level. Weather and altitude will be key for Huayramarca, as it is the first matchday, we will have the upper hand when it comes to get used to the environment and being able to feel comfortable on it.

Opportunities: Ochres and versatility is a well-known thing in football, they are hard-nosed and have a splendid work-ethic, they have considerably less pressure than anybody in the group and they are in front of a chance to deliver some great football to the Multiverse, a chance they won’t waste. Their midfield is significantly strong, but they have Louis D’Entro in their defence, a player known for having some spectacular play-making abilities, he is capable of pulling some great crossing chances from the defence, and send those balls to the attack. It will be important to press their defence, so he doesn’t find any gap in space and time to launch one of those precise crossing weapons.

Threats: Their defence might be great, but their main issue is also their defence. Sandman is self-explainable, as he hasn’t been able to be as consistent as D’Entro, even to the point of honouring the sand part in his surname, he hasn’t been delivering enough and he knows it. Featherborn too, that means that the wings are exploitable against the Ochres through speed, pressing and nullification of any situation or opportunity that D’Entro might spot from his rather comfortable defensive position, where he can spot pretty much anything.

That being said, Huayramarca has in front of them a golden opportunity to speak with a strong voice, to present some decent attributes to say “we are here to stay” or has the conditions to pack things early and get back to home; it is a difficult group with two of the winningest nations in football, a pushing force like us and the Ochres who are there wanting to make their voices listened, to prove that they are in the rise and that they have quality to perform at the highest level. The players, managers and fans should be united for Huayramarca, should keep in mind that this is a great chance to provide some interesting football and demonstrate their capabilities once again at the highest level, to prove that there’s no more signs of stagnation in Huayramarcan football, and another chance for them to achieve their dreams. It’s the time!

Population: 36 million, demonym: Huayramarcan, capital city: Chuquiago, languages: Spanish, Quechua, Aymara + 6

CAFA VII Champions

Pasarga
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 09, 2009
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Pasarga » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:37 pm

The final whistle had blown in Quebec and despite it all, despite being far from favored in the matchup with only the single goal victory in Torgos, the Wanderers had come into Quebec and found a way to not lose. In the stand where the Pasargan traveling contingent had been allocated, it was a weird mix of emotions on the faces of those in attendance. A few looked to have a show of relief that the Wanderers had managed to stave off a second straight missed World Cup after having been edged out so cruelly last World Cup cycle. Some others instead were celebrating, they had come to Quebec with a task of not losing and that was exactly what they had done, holding the hosts to a draw that condemned them to a possible Cup of Harmony appearance and sent the Wanderers back to the Finals. Despite having a World Cup to their name, the Wanderers success was that of a roller coaster and as of late it had been far too up and down, finding success in qualification was still a task worth celebrating for those who had had to endure the last two decades of Pasargan football.

One woman however looked unimpressed, tucking her hands into her coat after the whistle blew, and walked out of the stadium with a certain look that said she was not thrilled but not displeased with the football she had just been witness to. The plane trip back home to the dual islands however was no longer concentrating on the football match itself but rather the tragic events following shortly therafter, which was a pittance and waste from where the woman was sitting. Never in her years had she ever been so distraught over a result that she had thought to not keep on or been keen on seeking violence against the team she had been cheering on. It was certainly a stark contrast to the way that the game was viewed in the dual islands, that was for certain, made her wonder if those players who sought to have their playing career in Quebec were safe in pursuing such a move or would be better suited looking towards somewhere where the tensions and emotions did not run as so high as they apparently did within Quebec.

The draw for the Finals would soon enough come and the woman seemed to frown heavily as the teams were drawn one by one and the group began to take shape. It was a group that on paper the Wanderers would have a fair chance at competing in, with the Wanderers one of the better third seeds and getting one of the worst second seeds. Yet the second seed in question was one that was beginning to be a bit of a problem whenever the Wanderers played them, as Nyowani Kitara had a few upsets of the Wanderers to their record thanks to the Copa Rushmori. They were one of the reasons why the Wanderers had seen a huge hit to the success in the regional tournament and have found themselves at one of the lowest points in the regional rankings since the introduction of them in the competition. Now was the time when they had eclipsed the Wanderers and were the favorites with the Wanderers were the ones looking to hope to spring a surprise or two to pull off an upset and see themselves as favorites moving forward into the knockout rounds of the competition.

Júlia Müller had seen enough developing rivalries in her time, she knew that this was starting to brew into one, and when you added in a third Rushmori team in the form of Tikariot as the fourth team, the entire group was thrown into absolute chaos as far as she was concerned. From Nephara, to Audioslavia, to Valanora, there was no mistaking big occasions and dangerous groups, she had been through them all in her playing days. Zwangzug might as well as been wrapped a spot in the next round with the draw pitting the Rushmori contingent against one another, though the dual islands were not going to be the same side that Tikariot and Nyowana Kitara had become accustomed to. Zachary Orengo had brought a whole new mentality and system to the Wanderers, one that had salvaged an awful first half of their qualifying campain and channeled it into that uninspiring but effective victory in the playoffs. The press was on and the former national team striker was hoping to be far more impressed with what Orengo could produce with a few months to prepare as to opposed to having taken over during an ongoing campaign.

Delte
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 12, 2022
Anarchy

WCF-93 G1

Postby Delte » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:34 am

Delte 3-3 Brenecia
Tug Boat Captain & Reporter Austin Lyepolde in Cuono, Tumbra and/or Chromatika
for the Skimpy Matchday Report & Negligible Detail Express (Sports Section)

These may be the World Cup Finals but I still won't dwell overly long on the finer details of this match. Column inches notwithstanding and at the risk of blindly driving into a non sequitur, certainly mention could be made of supersub Danny Mastorqua, who lost his starting place with the Away Team Mission when the Representatives home squad was reintroduced for this adventure in the far faraway. As per the two qualification matches against Former World Champions Brenecia, this match proved to be a very tight affair and as per those matches it ended in a draw. But the difference is Brenecia were uncharacteristically terrible in qualification, to the point where it is hard to understand how they managed to pull off a trip to Tumbra and/or Chromatika at all - and now they are typically exceedingly good again. So Danny Mastorqua's late equalising goal after coming on graciously from the bench makes this result all the more remarkable. With Delte's head coach, Mister Clentin, running things from a live video link back in the valley, and Enor Perro taking instructions via ear piece on the field of play, it wasn't entirely clear what tactics were in play - but if this humble tug boat captain was confused by the combination of sitting back and long speculative passes over the top, I imagine the Brenecia team who may have been expecting a fast countering press based on previous experience would have been wrong-footed too. I'll shut up now as I have already exceeded my word limit as instructed by the Skimpy editor back home.

Ban All The Pundits!
Junior Pencil Sharpener & Political Editor Polka Lunn at the Women's Institute in Rake Teinton for the Shingarter Herald
Exclusive Content: The WhatsUp Scandal

It's all coming out now. Controversy is never very far away these days where the local WI is concerned, and more leaked WhatsUp messages have put Old Wives Gala Queen Betty Ormray in hot water again as The Shingarter Herald exclusively reveals she and her colleagues have been secretly putting emotional pressure on the Rake Teinton Primary School governors to ban certain pupils from taking part in the School Games podcast. Lead podcaster Lanny Ginneka, aged eight and three quarters, has temporarily been removed from the podcast after allegedly taking aim at the WI by criticising the Old Wives over their tea-cake donations policy at the school. One text to the governers even suggests banning little Lanny altogether along with fellow junior podcasters little Al, little Rightie, little Alex, little Micah and even little Jermaine, suggesting they are all too small and too stupid to have opinions about the Women's Institute.

"It's alright for her," said one pupil who wishes to remain anonymous for fear of a backlash at the next School Sports Day, "she probably doesn't have Miss Nelmoe [teaching assistant in class 3] inspecting her WhatsUp threads every day and confiscating phones if she finds a naughty word. They look after themselves first, that lot!"

The Remote Video Assistant Coach
2/4 : The Cable Guy
A World Cup Special Series

Loaded with bottles of the sugary anti-ageing Faraway Sauce from Doc Orem's Hyper-Gerontological Research Unit and some vouchers for post-WC treatment weekends at @FarvyGirl's Fõûntäîn øf Ýōüth Spâ áñd Résőrt in the Garga Marshes, the newly assembled World Cup Mission headed off to Tumbra and/or Chromatika with Enor Perro in the coach's seat, since coach Enda Clentin had refused to go. This was on account of the rapid ageing problem of FFS, or Far Faraway Syndrome. Coach Perro was still the only professional footballer in the valley - what with his supporting role for the mighty Rülândéá Kôstä - so he was as qualified as anyone to boss people around. Plus he had done precisely that for the Away Team Mission in qualification, with notable success. After all, here they were.

But here they were without their master and mentor, coach Clentin.

Fortunately the head of the All Week Super Ultra Premier Football Association, the Deltic FA, knew a guy who could help with that.

"I know a guy who can help with that," said Issenda Tenning, the big boss of football, "Emlyn Blymmins, have you heard of him?"

"The cable guy?" wondered Coach Clentin.

"That's him," confirmed Issenda. She had a cunning plan.

Emlyn Blymmins of Blymmin Cable Inc. was the best cable guy in the valley, according to just about anyone who used him for, err, their cables. He'd done the satellite receiver at The Six of Staves pub where folks first discovered there was an NSWC Association Football World Cup, he'd done the CCTV at Oswark Town Library which had reduced 'unofficial borrowing' by 38% in the first month alone, and he'd done Taitin Deluntte's telephone hotline to her hedge fund office in Taxhavn. She was the only trillionaire in the valley, you know.

Anyway.

Emlyn wired up a remote coaching system at Tunn's Farm, the Deltic FA HQ. Using a full-blown all-angles 4k interactive live-stream tv subscription from the NSWC's preferred media provider, via 12mm fibre optics jerry-rigged into some solid state digital recorders with full frame-by-frame playback gimbals and sixteen 82-inch HD+ monitors - or something, I was only half listening to Emlyn - coach Clentin could cover each match from the comfort of his rumble-seat in the Delte Valley and transmit full instructions to Enor Perro in realtime for complete remote coaching coverage.

Obviously that depended on Enor taking any notice of him. "Is he even plugged in?" wondered coach Clentin during the Brenecia match, after unstoically yelling at the screen to "press, press, pressgoddammit! Pressssssssss!"
Last edited by Delte on Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
HOW GREEN IS THE VALLEY
AND ALSO THE RIVER

Cabo Azure
Envoy

Founded: Jun 05, 2021
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Cabo Azure » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:29 am

World Cup 93 Qualifying: How did we get here?
A year ago as qualifying commenced, Cabo Azure was still grieving the much-beloved Paulinho and watching grimly as the FAF rearranged itself to fill the gap left by the man who brought Azurean football out of the dark ages. Replacing Paulinho as manager seemed an impossible task by itself; replacing the administrative acumen and legitimacy he brought to the program was another question altogether. Yet here we are, a year later, about to watch the Macaricas take the field in their first-ever World Cup finals, by far the greatest sporting achievement in our small nation’s history, so the question remains: how?

The first answer is a healthy degree of interest from the royal family. Perhaps Queen Cassie or Queen Christine has more pressing matters to attend to than staffing their respective national football teams, but in a nation of half a million people, the royal family has significantly more latitude to get involved in matters close to the people. King Manuel’s level of involvement in the search for Paulinho’s replacement and the administrative reshuffling of the FAF greatly increased the transparency and accountability of the process, increasing the faith of the nation in its football team even as it suffered its greatest blow to date.

The second answer is the coming of age of a sort of golden generation of Azurean footballers. Names like Vasco Gouveia, Amilcar Branco, and Cleto Silveira have been household names in Cabo Azure for years, but those players have begun to make waves in their international leagues this cycle. Especially on the attacking side of the ball, in-form Azureans have made all the difference in the Macaricas’ qualifying efforts.
he/him/his
Population: ~500K
Capital: Sao Simone
Demonym: Azurean
Sports played: Football
A note on chronology
Arquivos de Esportes (Domestic Newswire)
BOF 76 Runner-Up
CR 44 Champions

Tumbra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:00 am

MATCHDAY! Magazine — World Cup Box Scores

Tumbra 3-0 Farfadillis

TMB (4-2-3-1): 1 - Nick Barker; 18 - Annie Renton (2 - Chris Finney, 45'), 4 - Stephen Kerr, 20 - Wendy Pritchett, 19 - James Green (3 - Tracey Mercurio, 45'); 6 - Trudy Harrison (15 - Mark Finnemore, 86'), 8 - Vincent Hicks, 10 - Phil Cole (16 - Andrew Fisher, 79'); 7 - Valerie Wells, 9 - Lynne Crossley (21 - Robin Vaughn, 75'); 11 - Nick Riordan

TMB scorers: Valerie Wells (12'), Nick Riordan (23', 37')

Player of the Match: Nick Riordan (TMB)

EMPHATIC was the word of choice the Couno Herald employed when covering the match the next day; the Serrapince Post used "decisive", while the Bencoolen Globe, in a rare show of pride, used the term "whitewash". The tabloids, of course, were far less subtle about Tumbra's 3-0 victory over Farfadillis to kick off their World Cup campaign; some of the more lurid ones ended up making less tasteful comparisons to the ongoing ethnic violence on the island. Regardless, at the final whistle, most pundits agreed. Tumbra's counterattacking strategy successfully held the line, and the Black Eagles' offensive numbers were able to wreak enough havoc behind Farfadillis' high line to complete the footballing equivalent of a hit-and-run in the first half, before spending the second half of the game soaking up pressure to deny la Vherderoja too many chances on goal.

That wasn't to say it was a cakewalk for the Black Eagles, however; despite what the scoreline or the timing of the goals suggested; none of the Black Eagles' three first-half goals were easily scored. Twelve minutes in, Valerie Wells received the ball on the right flank from Phil Cole; with acres of space in front of her, many thought she was home free. Yet not many expected Rôbé Wîjkár to catch up to Wells that quickly; the sprightly Farf wingback launched a near-murderous tackle that Wells expertly leapt over, before practicing her old trick of cutting in on her right foot and sending the ball past the somewhat inexperienced goalkeeper Tusales de Lovandá.

The visiting Farf crowd were shocked, though not into silence; the newly-adopted Farf footballing anthem of Muchachos reverberated seemingly even louder throughout the new cathedral of Tumbran football, willing their team on. But the defence held firm; a stray shot from Dénes Robineau that bounced off Nick Barker's right arm when he was clear on goal aside. The partnership of Kerr and Pritchett neutralised the Crisisbless striker for the most part, leaving Paulinthal target man Vâásk Çêwé isolated up top.

Some called it boring long-ball football, others called it smart counterattacking in the face of an enemy which only attacks; but the Farves never seemed to really catch on to Renton and Green's offensive runs up the wing and what those runs were achieving; they seemed more preoccupied with holding Wells and Crossley hostage on the flanks. Perhaps they were scared by Wells' first goal, perhaps it was a tactical error by Farf manager Lele Manguele, but Wells and Crossley were largely neutered for most of the first half. But this meant that the centre, the crucial centre where Phil Cole and Nick Riordan lived and worked, was left unguarded for the most part. This would prove to be deadly; Phil's office was now wide open and Nick, ever deft and willing to add to his tally, smelled an opportunity.

And they hit. Twice. Phil and Nick combined for two on the break, within ten minutes of each other, and the hit-and-run was done. The first saw Nick dart past Tôsgo Türrângel, with the poor boy too flabbergasted to respond; there was no stopping the cannonshot that followed. The second? A header, off a corner that saw three minutes of arguing between half the Farf team and half the Eagles over whether it was a goal kick or not after Türrângel practically slammed into the Sabrefell Moths' talisman; the poor beleaguered referee eventually awarded the corner. Nick would rise above the rest, his head meeting the ball, sending it past de Lovandá.

No sooner had the first-half whistle blown would the national team effectively put up a sign saying that Tumbra would be closing up shop; when the national team re-emerged fifteen minutes later from the tunnel, the offensive runs of Renton and Green would be replaced with the hard-tackling Finney and Mercurio. La Vherderoja smelled blood, but it was to no avail. What followed was forty-five minutes of bum-squeaking from the Black Eagles fans, keeping up the chants amidst the impending sense of doom and nerves that was beginning to stir amongst Black Eagles supporters that sometime, at some point, the nigh-impenetrable Tumbran defence would crack.

But it didn't. Masterfully depriving the Farves of their momentum when things got hot, Yuan deployed his substitutes exactly when it felt like the game was getting too dangerous for the Black Eagles; Robin Vaughn, veteran, came on for Lynne Crossley with fifteen to go; Andrew Fisher, Casari army knife, with eleven; and Mark Finnemore, builder, with five. All these substitutions had the desired effect of resetting play; Vaughn even managed to string together one last attack in the dying seconds of the game.

A first World Cup win in four years was the Black Eagles' reward for playing their strategy to perfection; a clean sheet against one of the most feared offensive outlets in the world was the cherry on top. The Black Eagles' next match sees them face new faces Delte in Serrapince; before a return for Straton for the all-important Esportivan derby against Brenecia.

MATCHDAY! Magazine World Cup Previews — Delte

ImageDelte
Previous Appearances: None First/Latest Appearance: 93/- Best Result: None (Debut)
Manager: Enor Perro Key Player: Enor Perro
vs Tumbra: Matchday 2 @ Serrapince

CURIOUSLY reticent to send their home team to play in the world's largest sporting tournament, the stoic Delteans made it to the World Cup seemingly by sheer force of will. On their third time of asking, a playoff victory against Xanneria was enough to send them to Tumbra, where they last played in their first Cup of Harmony outing. The small community — numbering only about fifty thousand people in total — seems to be inundated with a strange condition that rapidly slows their chronological, biological growth and aging process while within the confines of their community. It's a bit like a human and their dog growing old, and we're the dogs and the Deltics (from within the river valley) are looking on at us, scared shitless at how fast we're growing old. Except they can also transform into dogs and age just as fast as us when they need to play us, then transform back into humans as needed. Anyway, this pseudo-scientific explanation slash metaphor slash weird body horror story got old fast. Nobody really knows what's causing it. Maybe it's the fresh air in Delte.

The prevalence of what they call Hyper-Gerontological Syndrome (or Hypo-Gerontological Syndrome, to us — we're aging just fine, thank you) has meant that most of the footballers in this squad have been journeying around from nation to nation, without ever touching home soil. This is also why they brought their red kits to Tumbra — the green kits, fetching as they are, are reserved for matches within the valley only. Leading their line-up — and also seemingly receiving instructions from home — is the community's one and only professional footballer Enor Perro, who plies his trade in Farfadillis, and is also simultaneously twenty-two and twenty-seven. This means he simultaneously gets to live through the best years of his life and experience the existential crises one tends to experience when they realise they're turning thirty in a few years. The rest of the team are amateur footballers, all holding second jobs; not unlike a certain Cup of Harmony-winning nation, who've seen fit to never let anyone forget that they did indeed win that particular edition of the Cup of Harmony since their triumph way back when. Either way, Tumbran manager Yuan Zilai may be tempted to rest a few key players for the match; but they are, after all, a World Cup side. They're good at football.

With the lack of a proper manager — Perro will apparently be playing and simultaneously receiving instructions all the way from back home — the Representatives look likely to stick to the 4-4-2 diamond formation that served them well for much of the qualifiers. That being said, Delte did deviate slightly from their counter-attacking play, instead sitting back against Brenecia; so this will be a real tactical enigma for Yuan to unlock if he is to try and secure qualification to the second round as early as Matchday Two.

TUMBRA LINEUP FOR WORLD CUP 93, MATCH 2: VS DELTE
TMB (4-2-3-1): 1 - Nick Barker; 2 - Chris Finney, 4 - Stephen Kerr, 5 - Ian Ashburn, 3 - Tracey Mercurio; 6 - Trudy Harrison, 16 - Andrew Fisher, 23 - Susan Monaghan; 7 - Valerie Wells, 26 - Julie Hardaker; 11 - Nick Riordan
Last edited by Tumbra on Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TUMBRA
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic Database | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)
U-18 World Cup 13, 21 Champions/Di Bradini Cup 51, 57 Champions

Vilita
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:08 am

Umbar Ultima, Umbar, Chromatika :: The Vilitan National Team had a solid World Cup 93 Qualifying campaign enabling them to automatically transfer as Goroup winners on to the World Cup 93 finals in Chromatika and Tumbra. In a group that for much of the qualifying campaign was looked at as one of the shocks of the cycle with unranked nation Pratapgadh topping the table through the halfway point in qualifying, the bookies would ultimately end up on the right side of the table with Pratapgadh being shuffled down to 5th and Vilita rising above the rest to claim their spot atop the table as Top seed in the Group.

It was not without its ups and downs for the Jungle Rebels, an opening draw to Bears armed followed by an early campaign defeat to Hopal were the factors that opened the door for Pratapgadh to take their early lead in teh table. A run of solid results including victories over Brenecia and Acastanha really turned the table for Rotropii's Rebels as they slowly chipped away at the top and eventually passed the leaders and rode away from the pack. It was not until the Rebels had already clinched their spot in the World Cup Finals that they would lose again, a mixed squad of starters and fringe players falling 3-4 at the end of the campaign to a Delte side that needed the victory in order to secure their own spot in the World Cup 93 Qualifying Playoffs. It was a successful campaign from Group 11 as each of the Top 3 finishers in the Group would ultimately book their tickets to Chromatika and Tumbra.

However, as luck would have it, despite being ranked 7th in the multiverse, the Vilitan National Team would not be able to claim a spot in the top pot of the World Cup Draw, instead settling in as the highest ranked nation in Pot 2. Of course there was a non trivial difference between being in Pot 1 and Pot 2. Being in Pot 1 as a non host ensured that you were the highest ranked team in your group, the favorite to advance and only playing lower ranked opposition. In Vilita's case that would have meant that all World Cup 93 Finals opponents they playhed would be ranked 8th or Lower. Instead, however, as a Pot 2 Nation it would open up the possibility of having to play against a highly ranked team. The difference between the best team in a pot and the lowest ranked team in a Pot is often very little. Generally you have 8 teams roughly well matched without perhaps a slight straggler in Pot 4. Generally, that doesn't apply to Pot 1. The difference in skill from the highest seed in Pot 1 to the lowest can be massive, and can often grow exponentially as you near the top of the Rankings.

So naturally, Margaret as delivered the Vilitan National Team the singular most difficult draw then with any other team, granting Vilita a group stage pairing along with the #1 seed in the multiverse, Valanora. The difference between Valanora and Vilita, the two highest ranked nations starting with a V in the World Cup Committee Rankings, is 16 points. 16 Points separating #1 and #7 in the rankings. The nation 16 points behind Vilita is 44th ranked Cabo Azure, the second lowest ranked team in the World Cup 93 Finals. That is the difference between Pot 1 and Pot 2 for Vilita.

Of course, there is one reason for fans of the Vilitan National Team to remain optimistic despite getting the singular most difficult draw in the bucket. #1 Seeded nations have not been fairing well at the World Cup in recent times including colonial neighbors Turori who went the entire World Cup 91 unbeaten until being upended in a lopsided World Cup Finals defeat to a team ranked outside the TOp 20. Laborious Hawk, the teams star and ever-present experience on the pitch has had the distraction of a recent transfer on the domestic club side - having been transferred to a club in Chromatika where they will be contesting the World Cup 93 Finals - a move almost certain to increase the Media interest in Hawk ten-fold posing another potential distraction to the team.

While many may look at the match as a rivalry on paper, it will actually be just the 4th time the two teams have ever faced each other at the World Cup Finals and just the second time they have been drawn into the same World Cup Finals group. The first occasion was back in World Cup 81, a tournament which the Football Associations of Vilita and Valanora had proposed to host the tournament together in a bid called "V is for Victory" - a play on the fact that the two nations are the most famed in Wordl Cup History to start with the Letter V, a Letter which also is utilized as the Numeral 5 - the number of World Cup Titles that the two nations have each accrued individually.

The most recent meeting between the sides, during the World Cup 81 Group Stage, is the only that Vilita has ever managed to win at the World Cup Finals. Both meetings prior to World Cup 81 were knockout round matches and each of those were won by the Vanorians - the first coming in World Cup 36 before Valanora's triumphant rise to the top of the World Cup record books, the second coming during World Cup 67 after Valanora had already amassed each of its 5 World Cup Titles and become the most decorated team in the Multiverse. Either Way, the Jungle Cats lost both of those matches as Valanora would eliminate them from the World Cup. Since then, the two nations fate have become intertwined even without playing each other in meaningful competition, with the Vilitan National Team tying the Vanorians all time World Cup titles record, a mark with the Southwestern Atlantian Oceania side is anxious to reclaim for their own, and they see World Cup 93 as a fantastic opportunity to do so as a result of their advantage in the overall rankings.

While the opening matchday fixture against Valanora will certainly be difficult for Endur Rotropii and the Jungle Rebels, they would have some peace of mind knowing that after they face the most difficult opponent in the Multiverse, they will still have an opportunity to face a team of Condors and the lowest ranked nation that advanced to the World Cup 93 Final: Ochre Island. For the Ochre's, it would not be their first trip to the Finals as that was earned during World Cup 90 in Baker Park and Vilita. However that was done with extremely lucky conditions including a playoff victory. That was also a very notable cycle as it would see the only meeting between Vilita and Huyaramarca at the World Cup Finals. In what many consider to be one of the worst defeats in Vilita National Team history, the Jungle Cats were defeated on home soil by Huayaramarca to send them crashing out of the World Cup Finals in Vilita at the group stage without winning a game. It directly led to the sacking of the National Team Manager, the sacking of the National Team player pool and the establishment of a brand new National Team triaining academy in the Old Tivali Forest. In what would be the most extensive shake up in Vilita National Team history.

To put it frankly, despite having worked their way back to their highest ranking since failing to qualify for the World Cup 87 Finals, the Vilitan National Team seemed to have drawn all the wrong teams in their quest for a berth in the Knockout Rounds. While the opposition may be about as difficult as it could get for Rotropii's Rebels, there will be one thing working in the Jungle Rebels favor once the World Cup 93 finals get kicked off. The Vilitan National Team will be the only team in Group G that does not need to travel between matches, with all three of Vilita's World Cup 93 Group Stage matches set to be played in Umbar, the Lumberjack capital of Chromatika. Vilitan fans will be able to travel in and stay put with three matches of World Cup Final action within walking distance of just a single hotel. They will just need to ensure they bring a comfortable pair of shoes as the 80,000+ capacity Umbar Ultima has just 27,500 seats meaning the majority of the attendees will need to stand or walk around during the matches. They will be relieved however knowing that the Stadium has a retractable roof to ensure, at the very least, the fans aren't standing in a rain cloud the entire time.

Win lose or draw on the opening matchday against #1 seed Valanora, being able to keep their minds loose by doing things like visit the nearby Logging Museum or going to the Axe Throwing range will be a unique comfort for the Rebels while their opponents are busy being shuffled around the country by rail or bus from venue to venue.
Image Image

Vilitan natives travelling to Umbar will be right at home with the Lumber Culture of the region. The Vilitan Mountain Games and Tiones Lumberjack Challenge are among some of the most popular events in the Cove and Tiones Lumbar is the nations largest supplier.

Of course, the scenery in Umbar will prove very familiar for Rotropii's Rebels - many of whom are reported to have performed Logging duties in the Old Tivali Forest to help clear space for the newly established training academy under the guidance of the Tiones Lumber corporation, the Yeaddin, Vilita based organization famous for sponsoring the Tiones Lumberjack competition and Centur Tiones #2 car on the NSSCRA Multiversal Cup Series circuit. Tiones Lumber is reported itself to be sending hundreds of employees to Umbar on its own dime to experience and learn about Logging in another culture - while also getting the chance to see the Vilita National Team contest the World Cup 93 Finals.

Heading into the World Cup 93 Finals it is evident that head coach Endur Rotropii will be looking at a primary goalkeeping tandem consistent of Zelkki Milake Jr. of Eastal Lunar and Ukamai Talingri, based out of the Commonwatlh of Baker Park. Both goalkeepers recorded two shutout victories during the Qualifying Campaign. Talingrii did carry the bulk of the appearance work with 14 games played during Qualifiers with notably fewer for Milake, who appeared 8 times. Young Rebel Academy trainee Altirii Touiniki is the likely third option in goal after making 4 appearances during Qualifying though Rotropii will have one other option to consider, particularly considering the group draw: Reino Kononen. The 28 year old made their debut for the National Team during World Cup 91 Qualifying and has spent their whole career playing in Valanora for Soldarian FC. Kononen is one of a handful of Vilitan palyers based in Valanora who could provide some direct insight on how to best play against some of the head to head matchups on the field against the highest ranked side in the multiverse.
Vilita National Team - Top Goalscorers - WC93Q

1. [12] - Treasvo Tlikara :: Endur Forest Rebels
2. [9] - Kunaro Tlikara :: Endur Forest Rebels
3. [5] - Letirpsi Vulitn :: Rebel Academy
- [5] - Jakku’u Naboyavi :: Endur Forest Rebels
- [5] - Antiviv Davaflei :: Rebel Academy
6. [4] - Nii'arala Milaaso :: Eastal Lunar
7. [3] - Tukaara Milanzi :: Yeaddin Owls
- [3] - Riku Kasslin :: Club ESF (VAL)
- [3] - Fyin Miateal :: Marine Coast United

There were no players who appeared in all 22 Qualifying Games for the Vilita Nationa lTeam with veteran Yeaddin Owls midfielder Trezisi Rokopolis coming closest appearing in every game except the Matchday 6 defeat to Hopal. Marine Coast United's pacey midfielder Fyin Miateal was the only other player to eclipse 20 appearances for the National Team during Qualifying, particularly as once the Jungle Rebels had secured a spot in the World Cup 93 Finals, head coach Endur Rotropii dug deeper into the pool for a final look at some of the fringe players, including a handful of players from other Academy's after building the core of this National Team around players at the Rebel Academy, leaving some mainland and foreign based players temporarily out of the National Team Player pool following the World Cup 90 Debacle.

Of course no where near the fringe will be the Tlikara siblings, Treasvo and Kunaro who have firmly established themselves as the top choice attacking partnership for the Vilita National Team under Endur Rotropii, delivering a fantastic record of scoring goals in the World Cup Qualifiers. Treasvo would lead the team scoring 12 times in their 16 appearances with Kunaro not far behind with 9 goals in 15 appearances during World Cup Qualifying. The impact of head coach Endur Rotropii on the Vilita National Team was coming fully into fruition particularly on the attacking front as each of the Top 5 goalscorers from Vilita's World Cup 93 Qualifying campaign were graduates of Rortropii's Rebel Academy. Aging veteran Nii'arala Milaaso, one of the Vilita National Team's all time top goalscorers, was best of the rest of the pack scoring 4 goals in 10 appearances during Qualifying.

Altogether, 32 players made appearances for the Vilita National Team during World Cup 93 Qualifying including 5 Goalkeepers. Of them, four players scored the first ever goal for the National Team: Tukaara Milanzi who scored not just their first career goal for the National Team, but their first three - with two of them coming in the same game with the opening goal and the game winner against Acastanha; Awukchu L'bakka who scored the important opening goal of the 2-1 victory over Brenecia early in the campaign; Kunala Jyvaiij who scored the game winner at home against Novaros early in the second half of the campaign; and finally Minjiakuj Sklinai the Alikki-Corra Academy graduate who got the opportunity to debut for the National Team as a substitute against Pratapgadh and rewarded that loyalty with a goal on their debut.

A Full table of players who appeared for the Vilitan National Team duriong World Cup 93 Qualifying (Sorted by Appearances) is attached:
Playerss (Goals) - Includes Substitute Appearances
21 [2] - Trezisi Rokopolis :: Yeaddin Owls
20 [3] - Fyin Miateal :: Marine Coast United
18 [3] - Riku Kasslin :: Club ESF (VAL)
17 [5] - Jakku’u Naboyavi :: Endur Forest Rebels
17 [5] - Antiviv Davaflei :: Rebel Academy
17 [2] - Sami Samii’i :: Olympia Arkintoofle (SRS)
17 [1] - Injyua Klizlo :: Riailia Village
16 [12]- Treasvo Tlikara :: Endur Forest Rebels
16 [5] - Letirpsi Vulitn :: Rebel Academy
16 [1] - Awukchu L’bakka :: Endur Forest Rebels
15 [9] - Kunaro Tlikara :: Endur Forest Rebels
14 [2] - Diamoa Waviino :: Turoki Tide
14 [1] - Rojara Tiones :: Yeaddin Owls AFC
12 [3] - Tukaara Milanzi :: Yeaddin Owls
12 [0] - Narri Sebapilo :: Mliona-Lpaka Turori AFC
11 [0] - Mikele Alasita :: Marine Coast United
10 [4] - Nii'arala Milaaso :: Eastal Lunar
10 [2] - Lentali Purama :: Marine Coast United
10 [1] - Kunala Jyvaiij :: Surf Jettica
9 [0] - Hothat Iciiplak :: Rebel Academy
8 [1] - Khrusan Mlianko :: Bastion (EUR)
6 [0] - Clarana Refiami :: Spartangrad (EUR)
5 [0] - Imauka Lkomorak :: KT Moreazerua (AUD)
4 [0] - Limu Katarakhna :: Eastal Lunar
4 [0] - Tero Alatalo :: Ibini FC (VAL)
3 [1] - Minjiakuj Sklinai :: Alikki-Corra FC
2 [0] - Enzoril Alabonni :: Marine Coast United

Goalkeepers (Shutouts) - Includes Substitute Appearances
8 [2] - Zelkki Milake Jr. :: Eastal Lunar
14 [2] - Ukamai Talingri :: Monmouth Park (CBP)
4 [0] - Altirii Touiniki :: Endur Forest Rebels
1 [0] - Reino Kononen :: Soldarian FC (VAL)
1 [0] - Hanauma Ranbomahi :: Tropicorp FC

Note: The Lumberjack art above was made amazingly by The Sherpa Empire and is not an original submission for Vilita. Other graphics created or adapted originally
Last edited by Vilita on Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 20 Champions¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤World Cup 68 Champions¤-¤-¤-
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 77 Champions¤-¤-¤-

Region: Atlantian Oceania - The Home of Sport

Tumbra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:09 am

Cutoff for the Chromatik half.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TUMBRA
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic Database | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)
U-18 World Cup 13, 21 Champions/Di Bradini Cup 51, 57 Champions

Juvencus
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 29, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Juvencus » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:21 am

Commonwealth of Baker Park 4–4 Juvencus

GLI ATTACCANTI'S WORLD CUP RETURN STARTS WITH ENORMOUS GOALSFEST AGAINST THE BEES

Squad depth, composure and clinical finishing managed to keep la squadra alive against a dangerous opponent in an all-time classic

To say that the first matchday of the World Cup 93 proper was a banger is an understatement. Fans of Juven, Parker, Tumbran and other neutral descent at Fontwell might as well have watched a factory explosion of goals from both sides in an exciting matchday with no clear victor and a result that showcases the offensive prowess and talent of either side. Literally, the teams played inside a former-factory-turned-stadium called the Stokers' Park and an explosion of goals was no joke. Of particular note from the Juven team is the return of form of Campana at just the right time, managing to net two really important goals in his brace.

It was clear from early on that both teams were looking to mark the first matchday of the world cup with a big win, pressure was of the essence but neither side played as if they had felt it. The chants only got louder and louder as the game itched on and both teams managed to pressure each other very early on with la squadra taking the initiative as a on-form Simon Oliveira managed to quickly dribble through a seasoned Christa Vuckovic before crossing the ball inside the box for a Campana header that was only saved by the top post. This did not stop the Bees from counter-attacking and in fact breaking the ice as a Lucie Shanahan through-ball found an empty Mack one-on-one with Juan Carlos Ungaro chipping it over his head and while his fingers slightly touched the ball it was not enough to change its trajectory. With the Bees now holding the helm, the scales seemed to be on their hands but were they really?

Moving on to the game the Bees managed to get close to scoring twice, both times with a dangerous Mack shot that Ungaro would barely manage to save. A few screams and a wake-up call later, la squadra was back on its feet. It would be the 24th minute and Oliveira would be dangerous yet again, this time managing a cheeky(and also lucky) nutmeg to Victor Onikambe before chipping the ball to Campana to score on the volley and quickly equalise, sending the Juven fans to cloud 9. It seemed as if gli attaccanti would get back to controlling the game, but if there is anything to learn from football and take from this match is that lessons were not learnt fast enough.

It was not too long after the equaliser that the Parker team got on its feet and started being a general nuisance for the Juven backline. While Mack slowly got more pocketed by Puig, Quinton Harris started getting more and more free on his feet with Callejon being nowhere to be found for the first time in a long while. A Vuckovic pass with a subsequent turn-and-shot by Harris left Ungaro with no choice but to stand still as the scales turned to the Commonwealth's favor once more. La squadra would would attempt to pressure the Bees' side for one last time with a Garcia shot being saved by Johnston. Thus, the first half would end in a 2-1 scoreline in favor of the Commonwealth.

Whatever happened inside that locker room was for the greater good of the team, whether it was Madeiros' speech, Jesus Christ showing up to bless all of gli attaccanti with better feet and better awareness of the game or even just wanting to make sure Martell gets to hang his shoes as late as possible. All factors that really changed the team's approach to the game during the second half or at least improved on whatever defensive or especially attacking mishandlings they had.

It quickly became apparent that la squadra wanted to win a world cup proper game for the first time ever and a couple of missed chances followed, firstly with a long range shot by Sissoko, that was saved by Johnston and then on the following corner a header by Campana would once more be saved by the Parker goalkeeper before being cleared out by the defense. The team's engines had turned on for good and there would be no slowing down. Oliveira and Pereyra would reign terror on the right side of the pitch, playing balls with each other until the latter would find empty space to shoot and score a magnificent goal from a tight angle to make the scores level once again. And as if that was not enough, a beautiful Santini through-ball would find Garcia one-on-one with Johnston doing the same bad manner chip goal that Mack scored in the first half followed by a frontflip celebration towards the Juven supporters. With the score now at 2-3 in favor of gli attaccanti, victory seemed to be close but it was not meant to be.

Garcia was immediately subbed off for Martell after scoring, which in hindsight was a good move seeing as the Parker players were becoming a little too agitated after his goal but also since he did not possess his usual danger despite the goal scored. Martell would slow down the tempo of the game however, which was not all sunshine and rainbows for the team. The Bees would equalise quickly with a gorgeous Eichorn long-range rocket that Ungaro's dive would not manage to stop and then... another reverse-sweet would follow soon after when Vuckovic would be dangerous yet again and deliver a cross in the box that Mack would take advantadge of to make it 4-3 in favor of the Bees. This seriously swept la squadra off of its feet and nearly broke its momentum but by miraculous circumstances they managed to get up quick.

Approaching the last minutes of the game, the Bees' backline had become more compact, way tighter and harder to get past. Things looked dire for the Juven team, as a few chances had been wasted or outright stopped by the Parker defence. Luckily any of the Commonwealth's counter-attacks would be stopped swiftly and the game would essentially turn into an one-sided affair towards the end. By serendipitous circumstances the ball would end at Martell's feet at minute 90+2, a swift turn of his would see him get past Brooks before passing to a now-free Campana due to the pressure he was receiving instead, Campana would nail the ball to the back of Johnston's net for the final goal of the matchday, making it 4-4 and finishing an all-time classic.

While not the result la squadra needed, it was definitely better than allowing defeat in the grandest stage of them all. With their heads up, gli attacanti are heading to Kingsbury's Fletcher Park to face off against Kandorith, who just held world number 2 side Turori to a goalless draw. Madeiros and the team are optimistic about the team's chances against this opponent, however many of them stated that it would be good to remain humble and prove their worth on the pitch.
Last edited by Juvencus on Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Holy Empire of Juvencus
Diverse yet united
Demonym: Juven Trigram: JUE Capital: Pomena
Sonnel is my home<3

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:24 am

Flashing through the key moments of Banija v. Yuezhou through the radio announcer

Banija Radio Commentator wrote:Liu Huiying has passed the ball backwards to the Yue midfielder Wan Sheping, and we're off here at the World Cup Finals! We're here in Group C- there's only been one winner in the opening four matches of the Finals so far, as Tumbra cruised off to an emphatic 3-0 win over Farfadillis here on home soil to kick off Group A of the World Cup. This match will be highly anticipated for both teams- both looking to get off to strong starts here at the Finals.

Banija Radio Commentator wrote:Here in the 7th minute, and the Banijans have been putting on some early pressure. We've kept early possesion as we've tried to really get after Yuezhou early, and do what we can to try and equalize in this match. Tijan Sowe's got the ball, and look, we've got Tairu Conateh creeping up- overload on the right side? Tijan Sowe makes the flat pass to Hongo, who quickly turns around and whips to a now sprinting Conateh, who's flying down the right sideline. The Banijans have numbers as the 34 year old superstar receives the ball. He cuts inside, and whips a cross over... And there is Wesoloski-Okafor on the back post! The Tanrısal #9 has headed the ball straight into the back of the net! What a start to this World Cup for the Kadongo Kamu! It's One-nil! It's One-nil!

Banija Radio Commentator wrote:Here in the 24th minute, a penalty has been given! Oh, it's disastrous for team Banija- Demba Kouyaté came clanging in on the challenge, just a step behind. We had been probably the better team in the run of play since our goal- more likely to score our second than the Yue were to score their first. But Luo Nanwei is right at home(quite literally) in Tumbra, and after beating Opio Ssambwa on the dribble, Demba Kouyaté had no choice but to go in for a late challenge- no ball, clear penalty. A yellow card is shown as well to the veteran CB. Liu Huiying will be the penalty taker for Yuezhou.

There's certainly gamesmanship here- you can see Sarafina Ikpeazu talking to her, trying to get into her head. Those two are rivals at the club level- Liu Huiying has played for the Sabrefell Moths for a number of years, although she's currently leaving the club. Ikpeazu, of course, is playing for Sabrefell Athletic, so we don't imagine there's too much love lost between them. After a few more words are spoken between them, the referee is finally able to separate the players, the former club rivals. She places the ball, and that's the whistle being blown. She runs up for the penalty... AND SHE MISSES! It's high! It's high! Oh no, a disaster moment for Liu- she's skied it! She's burying her face in her palms- it's a nightmare moment for Yuezhou, in their first World Cup match since World Cup 88! Great for us though- it's still 1-0!

Banija Radio Commentator wrote:Since that skied penalty, Yuezhou's attack has been quite muted- Banija's attackers, in particular, are getting the ball in space, and causing all sorts of problems for Yuezhou's back line. Still, another goal would be useful here... And is that the opportunity? The quick passing game seems to have opened up Yuezhou! Kama, back to Hongo, to Ikpeazu, and a short through ball to the Banijan #10, who is suddenly through on goal! Oh, look at that unselfishness- despite being in on goal, he picks out Sarafina Ikpeazu running with him, and she's able to basically tap the ball into the back of the empty net! It's 2-0 to the Banijans, 38 minutes into the half- and although it's Ikpeazu's goal, it's a true team effort. All smiles for the Kadongo Kamu here.

Banija Radio Commentator wrote:We've come out of the break, and the Banijans seem to be in control. Although.. Look at Yuezhou bringing up pressure! It's from Huang Han here- a halftime substitution for the opposing manager, trying to stem the tide in this match. And Huang is making an immediate impact. Look- he's flying past Tairu Conateh, who was caught out of position, and he's going in on goal. Is he gonna take it himself?? He's crossed it on the ground.. And that's Jiang Jieren finishing at the back post! Yuezhou's right back in this game- 47th minute goal. Liu Huyling is fishing the ball out of the back of the net and racing it back to the center line for the restart- just what the doctor ordered for Yuezhou. The lead for Banija is now just 2-1. Nerves building for fans of team Banija, eh?

Banija Radio Commentator wrote:Pam Scott, Banija's manager, made some changes to stabilize the side after Yuezhou's goal- a key moment. Momodou Jassey came on for Tijan Sowe, while Lolong Bokate came into the game for Dembo Savaneh. One midfield change, one attacking- enough to really stabilize things for Banija. But yes- we're looking for that third goal here. We've had our chances, but so have they- Hu Jiewen hitting the post with a header, off of a 55th minute corner for Yuezhou, was probably the best chance for a goal. But here, 64 minutes in, it's still 2-1. And yet- oh my, look at that pressing from Bokate off the bench! He's stolen a pass out of the back from Yue CB Hu Jiewen, and is suddenly in on goal! No need for a pass- the substitute has taken it himself, and has scored! Picture perfect placement, buried it into the upper corner! It's 3-1 to Banija, and Yuezhou have to be kicking themselves for conceding that 64th minute goal. They'll really have to chase the game now.

Banija Radio Commentator wrote:The Banijans are full on in counter-attack mode now- as Yuezhou push to try and get something out of this one. A battering tackle from Momodou Jassey allowed Gereh Kama to pick up the ball in the center of the pitch, and take it on the run for team Banija. It's suddenly a 4 on 2- as Yuezhou have overcommitted and now see themselves liable to conceding on the counter. Kama plays it forward to Sarafina Ikpeazu, who is in with the keeper. And- oh, look at that cheeky finish! She simply chips the ball beautifully over the goalkeeper, a beautiful finish, worthy of the occasion! She's slowly jogging to the corner- it's 4-1 to Banija, now in the 71st minute. This one's over.

Banija Radio Commentator wrote:The Banijans are going to get a free kick here. 82nd minute, Wesoloski-Okafor was fouled in a dangerous area- frustrated Yue defenders, of course, bringing down the #9. Dong Xiaowang picked up the yellow card there, on the foul. In a 4-1 game, it's usually Ikpeazu who takes the free kicks- but at this point, are we going to ask somebody else to take the free kick? Conateh, Ikpeazu, and Kama are all lined up over it. The whistle is blown, and it's Conateh who is going to take the kick- and a wonderful finish! Up and over the wall, perfectly placed into the upper corner. It's 5-1, as nothing can ruin this day for the Kadongo Kamu.

Banija Radio Commentator wrote:That's the final whistle, after 7 minutes of stoppage time- final score is Banija 5, Yuezhou 1. While Yuezhou had their moments(and took one), ultimately, they could not take advantage of their biggest moment. They will rue the missed first half penalty- it could have brought them level early on. But the Banijans were simply too good today- everything seemed to go the Banijans way. We created a ton of opportunities, had lots of positive possession, and obviously, took quite a few of them. Things won't be like this again at this tournament- but there's nothing quite like a 5-1 win to open the World Cup Finals. It'll be on the players to stay calm, but the hype train among the fans will be through the roof after this. Three points in emphatic fashion are a fantastic result. Next up- The Squornshelan Remnant States!

Preview- after both AO sides score wins to open the tournament, Banija meet with the Squornshelan Remnant States on Matchday 2 of World Cup 93

MILLSBURGH, TUMBRA- The Squornshelan Remnant States earned a 2-0 win over fierce defensive side, Ko-oren. The Banijans, on the other hand, cruised to a 5-1 win over Yuezhou to open the tournament. Both teams doing what favorites do, with them being in the top 2 pots- getting three points to open the cycle. But that makes this game on Matchday 2 loom quite large. The Banijans v. the Squornshelan Remnant States. They've got four all-time meetings, all wins for Banija- a friendly(10 cycles ago in WC 83!), as well as a pair of qualifying wins in World Cup 91 Qualifying, and a shootout win over SRS at World Cup 90. Pam Scott told reporters that those games bear 'very little' on this meeting.

"While history does matter, those games were too long ago to have much bearing on this match upcoming." She told reporters. "There are some that say your biggest match is always your next one. While that's not quite true, for the Kadongo Kamu, our biggest match, indeed, is actually our next one coming. This is going to mean a whole lot- the winner will have the inside track to not only getting out of this group, but finishing top of this group and reaching the Round of 16 with quite a bit of momentum. We've got to approach it with a certain intensity."

The Black and Reds have a very talented roster- starting with the strength in their midfield(where there are generally questions for Banija). Mithya Hashemi led their NT in caps during Qualifying, and that looks to be a challenging place for Banija. "We're going to make some changes so that we can really be strong in the midfield area, which is where their strength lies. Players like Hashemi and Zazagan really do a ton of damage in the center of the park. The way they are able to control a game, especially playing off of one another, is impressive." Said Banijan central midfielder Aquila Hongo. "We've watched plenty of film, and we've got a plan to have a lot of energy out there, to deal with those issues."

To deal with that, she will make 2 changes from the Yuezhou squad. Sergius Atieno will start for Gereh Kama, while Oguta Achuka will start for Tijan Sowe. Both players are younger- so should play with a little bit more energy for those they are going in for, although neither are expected to go 90- it'd be shocking if Gereh Kama, especially, did not make at least a cameo in this World Cup appearance. Expect the Banijans to be more tactically adventurous, as well- particularly with their Testículo winner, Tairu Conateh. Take advantage of his versatility- he's a serious weapon both going forward and backwards.

World Cup 93 Finals

Starters: 4-2-1-3.
Players who are based in a foreign league are bolded.
Players who have never participated in World Cup Qualifying before are italicized.
BSL = Banijan Soccer League, Banija's second tier. National league. S-FPL is the joint first tier soccer league for Farfadillis, Banija, and the Busoga Islands.
GK #23 Hebron Rao. Age 30. Plays for Jinja City FC in the S-FPL. Female.
LB #44 Opio Ssambwa. Age 20. Plays for Kitara AA in the S-FPL.
LCB #4 Demba Kouyaté. 33 years old. Plays for Istria City FC in the S-FPL. Called up for first time at midway point of World Cup 89 Qualifying.
RCB #3 Adin Wasawo. Age 26. Plays for Spartangrad in Eura.
RB #2 Tairu Conateh. Age 34. Plays for Raynor City United in the Elven Premiership in Valanora. Became a starter for the first time at the midway point of WCQ89.
CM #8 Aquila Hongo. Age 24. Plays for Busukuma AC in the S-FPL.
CM #25 Oguta Achuka. Age 27. Plays for Istria City FC in the S-FPL.
CAM #15 Sergius Atieno. Age 26. Plays for Kitara AA in the S-FPL.
LW #21 Dembo Savaneh. Age 26. Plays for Istria City FC in the S-FPL.
ST #9 Abel Wesoloski-Okafor. Age 26. Male. Plays for Tanrısal in Pasarga.
RW #7 Sarafina Ikpeazu. Age 32. Plays for Sabrefell Athletic in the Nepharim Premiership. Female. Captain.
Bench:
GK #35 Hebron Yiena. Age 28. Plays for Busukuma AC in the S-FPL. Female.
GK #39 Burama Kinteh. Age 30. Plays for Kitara AA in the S-FPL.
LB #20 Sohna Kolley. Age 28. Female. Plays for Istria City FC in the S-FPL.
CB #30 Bbale Luboobi. Age 23. Plays for Istria City FC in the S-FPL.
CB #5 Opio Bikya. Age 22. Plays for Jinja City FC in the S-FPL. Has never before played for the NT in any capacity.
RB #15 Festus Hera. Age 27. Plays for Herzegovina City FC in the S-FPL.
CM #6 Momodou Jassey. Age 33. Plays for the Hoima Warriors in the S-FPL. Briefly retired after the following WC, but changed his mind and now is back.
CM #14 Tijan Sowe. Age 30. Plays for Herzegovina City FC in the S-FPL.
CAM #10 Gereh Kama. 32 years old. Plays for Herzegovina City FC in the S-FPL.
RM/RW #11 Lolong Bokate. Age 27. Plays for Dí Maozöxê(Farfadillis) in the S-FPL. Can play on both wings.
LW/LM #22 Odongo Kagenda. Age 19. Plays for Herzegovina City FC in the S-FPL. Made his international debut at the Mihaly Invitational.
ST #12 Eli Aero. 25 years old. Plays for Mynda Electra in the S-FPL. Not really as good as Banijan strikers of the past, but with the severe lack of depth at the #9 in Banija behind Wesoloski-Okafor(although some young teenagers impressing throughout the pyramid), Aero is the 'last man standing' to get this role.

Final Goal Count for World Cup Qualifying
MD17 Goals against Magnecia(H)
Oguta Achuka(56')
Demba Kouyaté(71')

MD18 Goals against LionsRoar(A)
Eli Aero(25', 38')
Sergius Atieno(55')
Odongo Kagenda(88')

MD19 Goals against Poafmersia(H)
Lolong Bokate(11')
Abel Wesoloski-Okafor(74')

MD20 Goals against West Barack and East Obama(A)
Dembo Savaneh(31')

MD21 Goals against Mytanija(H)
Abel Wesoloski-Okafor(55')
Sarafina Ikpeazu(72')

MD22 Goals against Ascvalion(A)
Abel Wesoloski-Okafor(15', 31')
Gereh Kama(42')

Total Goal Count Tracker
Abel Wesoloski-Okafor - 14
Sarafina Ikpeazu - 6
Odongo Kagenda - 5
Dembo Savaneh - 5
Lolong Bokate - 5
Sergius Atieno - 4
Oguta Achuka - 4
Gereh Kama - 4
Eli Aero - 4
Demba Kouyaté - 2
Tairu Conateh - 1
Aquila Hongo - 1
Momodou Jassey - 1

World Cup 93 Finals Goal Tracker
Group Stage MD1 Goals against Yuezhou
Abel Wesoloski-Okafor(7')
Sarafina Ikpeazu(38', 71')
Lolong Bokate(64')
Tairu Conateh(82')

Total Goal Count Tracker
Sarafina Ikpeazu - 2
Abel Wesoloski-Okafor - 1
Lolong Bokate - 1
Tairu Conateh - 1
Last edited by Banija on Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Nyowani Kitara
Envoy

Founded: Aug 31, 2020
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nyowani Kitara » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:01 am

NYK striker, Odede Angonga, in the 54th minute

Odede Angonga was walking around, with the ball down, deep in the Nyowani Kitara end. The striker could see how this game was going- it was 0-0 in the second half, and it was clear there wasn't going to be a ton of scoring opportunities for either side. He looked at Zachary Orengo, Pasarga's NT manager, barking out instructions from the sideline, while Liang Wei did the same for Nyowani Kitara. It was a tough match, a brutal match- both teams trying to do whatever they could, to turn the one point that they were careening towards, into three.

Suddenly, it was Arvid Handsdotter who would intercept a pass from a Pasargan midfielder. Angonga then ran forward, to show for the ball. "ARVID! ARVID!" He yelled, as Handsdotter played him the ball directly. Suddenly, things were moving for Nyowani Kitara. He saw Wang Jiahui sprinting past him, to his right- and Angonga played a beautiful overhead ball, first time, to Wang Jiahui, as he turned and hauled it. Suddenly, the Kitarans were flashing forward on the counter-attack, while the Pasargans were chasing. Angonga was trying to get into the play, but it was Wang Jiahui and Olaf Svante who were furthest forward- Angonga was trailing, although he was running basically unmarked, as Pasarga's defenders had lost sight of him.

Wang Jiahui played a ball across to Olaf Svante, and Angonga sprinted forward. "Olaf! Olaf! Play the ball!" Svante was well aware, and headed the ball towards Angonga. A perfect headed pass, Angonga took one touch, and blasted it with his left foot. Far post, with his weak foot- the keeper did not stand a chance. "YES!!!" Odede Angonga yelled, as he sprinted into the corner, where the Nyowani Kitara fans were, exploding here in Chromatika. Pounding his chest, he had just scored the go-ahead goal in a World Cup Finals match. Leaping into the stand, as the bench met him right there. There was no better moment than this.

Nyowani Kitara earn tight 1-0 victory over Pasarga as they take three points to open World Cup 93

Nyowani Kitara players finish up celebrating Odede Angonga's 54th minute winner against Pasarga

PRIA, COASTAL DISTRICT, CHROMATIKA- Nyowani Kitara arrived to the Coastal District with a mixture of expectations. We got here, of course- always an impressive feat to qualify for the World Cup, particularly since we are not a 'major WCC nation' at this point. But the process to get here was very up and down. In Pot 1 for World Cup Qualifying, Juvencus absolutely dominated our group, and we had to go through the playoffs. And even there, we struggled- a 4-4 away draw against Baggieland in the first leg left everything to play for in a tight second leg, and, only through a very hastily given penalty in the second leg, were we able to reach this stage.

But nobody cares how you got here, once you got here. All that matters is what you do once you are here. "Look- the World Cup is the greatest stage in the sport. Of course Qualifying is not going to be a straightforward path every time you do it." Said Liang Wei, the NT manager. "Not everything was rosy in Qualifying- so we put that behind us. We were good enough to get to the Finals, and we're in Pot 2 as well- an excellent spot to be in. We've simply got to take advantage of the opportunity in front of us at this point, reset things, and try to do some damage at this World Cup- win some games and then go from there."

The group was always going to be a challenging one. They would open with Pasarga, who are former champions of this tournament. They also qualified through the playoffs, beating Quebec in their aggregate tie to reach this stage. It would be an interesting matchup. Opening game of the tournament- Pot 2 v. Pot 3. A Pot 2 v. Pot 3 matchup is usually the most highly anticipated out of any group- Pot 2, favorites by seed but maybe not by history, and a Pot 3 squad, favored by history but not maybe by seed. Will there be chaos? Shenanigans? NYK barely snuck into Pot 3 last time, remember, and we went all the way to a World Cup semifinal.

So it was about as even of a matchup as you could draw- Pasarga might even be said to be slight favorites in this matchup. But think about our high-octane style of attacking football. Always getting forward. Yet, what distinguished us at the last World Cup? Surprisingly, our ability to defend. Think about the games we won. 2-0 over Zwangzug in the group stages. Tight draws, where the defense was able to actually stand out and distinguish itself. The Finals are a different beast than Qualifying- we aren't necessarily quite as able to impose our will on teams in tournament football, like we so often can in World Cup Qualifying.

This doesn't mean that we don't try to implement that style, of course. But Arvid Handsdotter doesn't really have a partner in crime in the midfield, generally, to do that. What we showed that we were pretty damn good at, in the last World Cup, was our ability to adapt our playing styles. So in this game against Pasarga, we were more controlled, tried to pace the game more. We're not known for producing crazy quality defenders, for example. But Malmquist was elite in the back, leading the charge as we snuffed out Pasargan attacks. AC Izotz Zubia star, Elek Salai, was basically silenced- Malmquist and the rest of the defenders took away their focal point of attack.

We'd try to hit them more on the counter- and we were fairly successful in moving quickly- despite only having 43% possession, we ended up with 7 shots on target, a showing of how well we were able to adapt to a more counter-attacking style of football for this contest. The goal came via a brilliant counter-attack as well. An Handsdotter interception allowed him to play Angonga, who's ability to play one touch football released Wang Jiahui down the sideline, and really put pressure on the Pasaragan back line. A cross to Olaf Svante saw the North Sabrefell winger head the ball back across goal towards Odede Angonga, who was able to bring the ball down and finish powerfully with his left foot in the 54th minute. It was the game's only goal, as we won the contest, 1-0.

"This was an extremely even contest, probably down the middle in terms of the run of play." Said the manager, Liang Wei. "But at tournaments like these- what's essential to progressing in such a short group stage, is having the ability to turn games where you should only earn one point, into earning all three. And that's exactly what we did. Finishing is important, obviously, and we've got one of the world's most underrated strikers in Odede Angonga. We got him the ball in an excellent position, and he took the opportunity- with a high degree of difficulty, no less, with his left foot. Beyond that, we stayed consistent. No wide open shots for Pasarga. Bodies between the man and the goal. Never let them get in behind. Our defense and midfield ensured that Bigombe would not need to do the spectacular to keep the clean sheet, and that's exactly what we've done."

Between Matchday 12 of World Cup Qualifying, and the first leg of the playoffs, we kept exactly one clean sheet over that 11 game stretch. And yet- suddenly, we haven't conceded in our last two games, both 1-0 wins- one to send us to the World Cup, and the second to open the World Cup. Funny how that works, right? Next up, we're going to take on Tikariot. They lost 5-1 to Zwangzug in the opener- a pasting, but that means they'll be pissed off for this Pavolan derby. "There's no team more dangerous in the World Cup than one that just was on the wrong end of a skewering." Liang Wei told reporters. "They're simply too good to allow something like that to happen again- I expect a high-octane, energetic, and focused Tikariot side, who will have their opportunities to try and take three points in this matchup."

World Cup Finals Goal Tracker
Group Stage Matchday 1 against Pasarga
Odede Angonga(54')

Overall Goal Count
Odede Angonga - 1

Players are italicized if their first callup is World Cup 93 Qualifying.
The KWFL is the country's domestic professional football league. Players are bolded if they are based abroad.
Starters: 4-4-2.
GK #1 Oduor Bigombe. 34 years old. Kitara ethnic group. Plays for 1896 Ebor in Mytanija.
RB #33 Jekuche Jokonya. 28 years old. Kitara ethnic group. Plays for Red Star Dewayo in the KWFL.
CB #19 Catarina Malmquist. 26 years old. Nordland ethnic group. Female. Only woman on the team. Plays for FTC United in Zwangzug.
CB #5 Örjan Qvist. 30 years old. Osterlander ethnic group. Plays for East Dewayo in the KWFL.
LB #4 Armoni Okombo. 35 years old. Kitara ethnic group. Captain.
RM #7 Wang Jiahui. 32 years old. Plays for Litala '93 in Mytanija. Former Yue national who has been naturalized.
RCM #6 Arvid Handsdotter. 24 years old. Osterland ethnic group. Plays for Montreal Koreana in Quebec.
LCM #8 Kamzuni Chinwemwe. 29 years old. Kitara ethnic group. Plays for the Busukuma Force in the S-FPL.
LM #20 Olaf Svante. 31 years old. Nordland ethnic group. Plays for North Sabrefell in Nephara.
RS #9 Odede Angonga. 31 years old. Kitara ethnic group. Plays for Jinja City FC in the S-FPL.
LS #11 Owino Odede. 31 years old. Kitara ethnic group. Plays for East Dewayo in the KWFL.
Bench
GK #35 Lukusa Balela. 20 years old. Kitara ethnic group. Plays for Gugola United in the KWFL.
GK #23 Bakaji Mambuyi. 18 years old. Kitara ethnic group. Plays for CSKA Dewayo in the KWFL.
RB #2 Omollo Ayange. 25 years old. Kitara ethnic group. Defected during the civil war halfway through World Cup 90 Qualifying, and banished from the NT since then until now.
CB #18 Obasea Somayina. 26 years old. Kitaran ethnic group. Plays for the Viljan Vultures in the KWFL.
CB #3 Tendenka Mutsekwa. 28 years old. Kitara ethnic group. Plays for Red Star Karora in the KWFL.
LB #14 Zhou Mushonga. 30 years old. Kitara ethnic group. Plays for Keppal Cosmos in Zwangzug.
RM #39 Christian Pichard. 21 years old. Nordland ethnic group. Plays for Red Star Dewayo in the KWFL.
CM #10 Mhara Vera. 25 years old. Kitara ethnic group. Plays for the Dewayo Mustangs in the KWFL.
CM #13 Mbũgua Kanj. 22 years old. Kitara ethnic group. Plays for Red Star Karora in the KWFL.
LM #22 Rudolph von Katzenstig. 25 years old. Osterland ethnic group. Plays for Ibarnet City FC in the KWFL.
ST/CAM #23 Josef Sparv. 24 years old. Nordland ethnic group. Plays for the Bujukamba Stallions in the KWFL.
ST #12 Kuma Negasu. 18 years old. Kitara ethnic group. Plays for Mubeza United in the KWFL.
Last edited by Nyowani Kitara on Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
English pronunciation- "New Chee-tar-ah"

Flavovespia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Flavovespia » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:03 pm

There’s always a hype around the World Cup, and for Flavovespia, the hype is still there as their 3rd appearance dawned. After all of the hype of qualifiers, 2nd only on goal difference to top ranked Valanora, and then a comeback aggregate victory over Ceni, Flavovespia found themselves here in Tumbra, as 32 teams prepared for a shot at eternal glory.

Hesham was the host venue for Flavovespia’s opener. Thousands of fans in yellow shirts visited the many pubs surrounding George Bowen Stadium, before making their way into the ground. Back at home, millions of Flavovespians were getting drinks of their own, in pubs, bars, public viewing areas, or just in their homes. You could barely find a street in Flavovespia where you wouldn’t know the World Cup was about to begin.

The game nearly started in calamity for Flavovespia. Just 3 minutes in, and Millie Kouriea played the ball towards the far post. Colm Interlasskoti was clear of David Lyons, but could only slide in and put his shot straight at Aarif Muhammad, who batted it away for a corner. The corner fell to nothing, not clearing the first man, David Lyons himself making amends for his error.

The opening 15 or 20 minutes was certainly the way of Milchama, and Flavovespia were struggling to get into the game. Aside from the early defensive error, they were at least making sure Aarif Muhammad had limited work to do, but at the same time, the Flavovespian attack were going nowhere quickly. It was certainly a tough watch early on, although Jonathan Bagshaw at least tested Morc Entersher from just outside the box in the 21st minute.

A game with a first half that was petering out, but with Milchama on top, suddenly sprung into life in the 41st minute. A free kick 26 metres out, to the goalkeeper Entersher’s right looked within shooting range, but fairly optimistically so. Kieron Player however, took on the challenge. He hit it on the right foot, got it up and over the wall and curling into the net, not far inside the post. Entersher was simply beaten for skill, and Flavovespia got their opening goal in the game and in the World Cup.

At the break, it was 1-0 to Flavovespia. Few could kid themselves that Flavovespia were clearly the stronger side, or that this was a stellar performance so far, but importantly, they had the lead. It was up to Milchama to find a way to breakthrough, against a Flavovespian defence who’d recovered from an early scare to look relatively calm and composed.

Flavovespia came out looking for a second to try and shore up their lead. However the attack were having struggles of their own. Robert Cooper, in his first World Cup game, was struggling a bit with the pace of the game, and Michael Cole found himself outmuscled by Dervan Kelliers on a fair few occasions. Cole would be switched to the left wing, and Adrian Jones sent on in place in the 62nd minute. Jones however fired his first shot, a half-volley, way over the bar. Admittedly a tough chance, and he’d improve, but not the finest first impression.

The game seemed to be bookended, with Milchama improving as the second half wore on. And so it was, Milchama used their good ending to find the equaliser. In the 83rd minute, sustained pressure with no less than 7 players in Flavovespia’s final third paid dividends. Several attempts to clear simply saw the ball fired back into danger. In the end, Daniel Lansdell’s attempted clearance was closed down by Elliot Flok. Marc K. Floren was best placed for the rebound, and put his laces through it to beat Aarif Muhammad. Milchama had equalised. They’d hope for momentum to get a second and snatch the win, but Flavovespia kept firm to keep a point, even if the ball didn’t get much beyond the halfway line for most of the final minutes.

1-1 was the final result in the end, a fair score in the eyes of most, given the balance of the game, and the good periods both sides enjoyed. Flavovespia can be happy they’ll at least avoid finishing without points at this World Cup, however they’ve left themselves a tough task if they are to win at least one game. Up next is Nephara and then Græntfjall. The two favourites to go through in the group played out an entertaining 3-3 draw, leaving Group B very finely poised after a game.

Across Tumbra and Chromatika, there were some interesting results and some surprises across the 8 groups. Group A saw Delte take a 3-3 draw in their debut in the World Cup, against Brenecia. Banija, runners-up last time, laid down an early warning sign, with a 1-5 win over Yuezhou in Group C. Group D saw a contrast in goals. Commonwealth of Baker Park and Juvencus shared 8 goals evenly, Turori meanwhile, were held to a goalless draw by Kandorith. In Group E, considered a fairly open group, Jeruselem’s 3-2 win over TJUN-ia gives them an early advantage, with hosts Chromatika and Savigliane drawing. The result of the Matchday however probably comes in Group F, as Cabo Azure, in their first ever World Cup game, took a 1-2 win against The Holy Empire, a result that will go down in Cabo Azure history for all the right reasons. Huayramarca have the early advantage in Group G with a win against fellow Anaia nation Ochre Islands, with the heavyweights of Vilita and Valanora playing out a goalless draw. Zwangzug got their defence off to the right start in Group H, winning 5-1 over Tikariot.
Formerly the Republic of Greater Waldster, internationally known as Greater Watford. IC It's a long story (OOC I didn't like using real place names)

Savigliane
Spokesperson

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Savigliane » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:55 pm

OOC Note: Some background information might be useful to read this - short summaries of each RP in the previous line can be found here, and short summaries of each RP in the current line can be found here, which should help.

ESCAPE
6. j'ai pris mon temps, mais je vis vite

Adrian and Thea sat on Adrian’s hotel bed, watching the news coverage of the Bonmaison Centre’s destruction together in silence.

“Told you she was going to do it,” Thea offered, to which she got no reply. On the screen, the flames licked higher and higher at the Grande Cucinan building upon which so many of their hopes and dreams had rested. Adrian sighed.

“So, de Rossi is gone, right?” Thea turned to ask. Seeing a nod in response, she continued. “Bonmaison is still on our side, but he’s probably pretty cash-strapped with this. The official story is that de Rossi was arrested by the Grande Cucinan authorities and deported, and the fire was accidental and caused by malfunctioning electric infrastructure. Fucking Grande Cucina and their corruption.”

On screen, the news coverage turned to a fight that had broken out between MPs over what Populistas were calling the “extrajudicial arrest of a law-abiding citizen, and the complete violation of Grande Cucinan sovereignty and the international rules-based order.”

“Guess Piano di Dios didn’t take too kindly to that,” Thea mused. “Their goons have probably taken over the capital by now. How the fuck did we give them another coalition?”

“That wasn’t us,” Adrian said.

“Oh, now you talk. We announced a portal a week before the election, and now the biggest anti-portal party has a majority. You don’t think it’s related?”

“Maybe she’s not even in control. She told us she wasn’t going to do anything. You think it was Rizzuto?”

“Nah, she’s pushed Rizzuto out by now. Face it, Adrian, your friend turned into a shithead right-wing politician and is going to take our country apart, piece by piece. Starting with us, probably, as soon as this World Cup ends and we’re fair game again. We are well past Bianca lying to us.”

The ensuing awkward silence was pierced by Thea’s phone. She picked it up idly. “Huh. Joël Bonmaison. Wonder what he’s got lined up now that we’re fucked.” Adrian, again, said nothing.

“Joël,” Thea started.

“Are you alone right now?” The Ligurian businessman replied.

“I’ve got Adrian, but otherwise, yeah.”

“We’ve got something big here. Uh, what’s your name, you…Lorenzo de Rossi’s second-in-command, Jason Jegou, told me that the portal tech in the basement still worked. We might be able to cobble something together in Ritorno.”

Thea briefly dropped the phone before turning. “Where’d Umberto go?”

“Off the grid after Populistas lost, I think,” Adrian replied.

“Oh, shit, we’re online?”

“You’d better believe it, Thea! You focus on winning the World Cup, and then we’ll get you home to Ritorno - I’ve got a guy who can bring you home from Chromatika without those bastards in government jumping you like they did us - and launch the portal.”

Thea opened her mouth to tell Adrian, but realized he’d already heard it. The two just stared at each other for a few moments in jubilation.

“We’ve won, Thea. I’ve gotta go talk to these scientists again. Good luck with the football,” he added hastily before hanging up.

While Joël celebrated, Jason Jegou had left the command room and walked to the basement, where the slightly-melted visage of the Third Savigliano Interdimensional Portal stared back at home. As if on cue, his phone rang.

“Jason,” he said.

“Did Bonmaison call them?” the voice on the other end said.

“Yep. All according to plan.”

“And you checked the fire damage?”

“Localized on the northwest and southeast corners of the storage room, but they mostly missed it. Just like you, uh, predicted.”

“And the machine itself? Where is the damage?”

“Twenty-seventh and forty-first panels, but it’s mostly cosmetic. We’ll test it again.”

“Good. We’ll be in touch,” the voice said, and hung up. Jason couldn’t have known it, but he had just spoken to a man who had returned to the Oldworld.

Bianca had just returned to her office from lunch when there was a pounding at the door. She barely had any time to react before it was thrown open.

“I’m so sorry, Prime Minister,” her assistant said, “but he just butted in. I tried to-”

“Shove it, you worm,” a furious Evangelista Rizzuto said, pushing the unlucky assistant back through the door and slamming them closed behind him. “You’re fucking calling for my impeachment?”

“I approved of the idea to shut down the Bonmaison Centre. What I didn’t approve of was the flagrant violation of Savigliano law, which nobody should hold themselves above. It was gross misuse of the powers of the Presidency. But if the courts don’t convict, then-”

“You damn well know the courts will convict me, Bianca!” He shouted. “Because they fucking hate what you made this party. I won’t have you scapegoating me for what was clearly your idea! I’ll tell them what you did, Bianca. I’ve got receipts!

“You and me both, Evangelista. Your party hates you. They’ve only backed you because they found you useful. But you’re not useful anymore. Not to me. Not to them.”

The future former President of Savigliane opened and shut his mouth in fury. “How?”

“I have connections. It’s my party, after all. But don’t worry. I took the liberty of getting you a…going-away gift. Open your hand?” Against his better judgement, Evangelista did so. Bianca took something off her desk and dropped it in.

“A…cross? Is this the one I gave you-”

“Something to remember your time in the Party by,” Bianca said with a smile. “Now, I imagine Pietro will have rang for security, and they should be here in a minute. I’d advise you not be threatening me when they come in.”

“I’ll remember this. I will destroy you if it takes everything I have.”

“Goodbye, Evangelista,” she said, and then he was gone.

WC93 MD1: Chromatika 1 - 1 Savigliane
Starting Lineup (3-4-3): D'Ambrosio; Tibère (Garcia 65), Dutto, Blanco (C); DuBois (Palomer 59), Chastain (Toscani 81), Arnaudo, Esposito; Roux (Bernard 81), Squarciafichi, Gastaldo (Castagne 65)
Goals: Squarciafichi (SVG) 49', Xuen-Zhukov (CMT) 74'
Last edited by Savigliane on Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Savigliane • La Repubblica Savigliana • done wandering
Leader: Prime Minister-in-Exile Bianca Fiore • Capitals: Acqui Bollente, Villenueve • Population: ~8,000,000
WC87 Video • WC88 Video • WCQ93 Video
The Story of Anaian Savigliane (RP Archive)
Property of Yue Zhou

Jeruselem
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jeruselem » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:12 pm

Princess Mila dressed as Princess Peach with Jeruselem manager Faye Swift in Chromatika

Mila: Hello! This is Princess Mila for Naked News Jeruselem covering the World Cup 93 finals in Chromatika. Once again, I'm with Faye Swift, our fabulous manager who's got us here.
Faye: Oh hi everyone. Why you dressed like Princess Peach.
Mila: Someone told me to look like a Princess so ... I'm dressed like this.
Faye: Sounds like a literal troll to me
Mila: Anyway, we're here in Chromatika for our first group stage game in Chromatika. We were up against TJUN-ia, who based on recent results have the offensive scoring power to smash us.
Faye: We don't rely on our offense, it's our defense which saves us in big games.

Mila: Well, to everyone's surprise ... we beat TJUN-ia 3-2! Actually us scoring more than two goals is one thing.
Faye: We may have a boring 4-4-2 setup by some standards, which doesn't produce a lot of goals. But that's not the why I do it, it's ensure we don't leak goals regularly.
Mila: Well, TJUN-ia did come out and try to smack us around and put us out of shape early.
Faye: I think that's how they operate, and conceding only 2 goals is a pretty effort against a team who clearly doesn't sit around and defend.
Mila: So who was your player of the match?
Faye: If I had to pick anyone because in the end, it's team effort and no one operates in isolation. It was Diana Princess ... yes, that's her actual surname, our goalkeeper. And yes, she does have the same first name as Wonder Woman.

Mila: She was a busy girl, she's one of reasons why we're here in the finals.
Faye: She's not afraid to get hurt saving a goal, when some goalkeepers may back off.
Mila: The poor girl sometimes gets a few unwanted kicks to herself but she's committed to the cause for sure.
Faye: Well, we'll need more heroics when we play Chromatika next.
Mila: Yes, another team who really like attack. TJUN-ia ran a 4-1-2-1-2 or what we call 4-3-3 formation and clearly aren't geared to defend all day. Chromatika step that up a lot and they really put a lot into their offense. So more of the same against Chromatika?
Faye: Pretty much, we can't play like Chromatika. We'd lose badly if we tried that. The basics with us is to attack when they are weak. With teams who commit forward a lot, that's an opportunity which happens a lot when they lose possession.

Mila: In the other game in Group E, Chromatika held Savigliane to a draw 1-1. A good result for Jeruselem, and actually a good result for TJUN-ia as well.
Faye: Yeah draws in the group stage are better than losing but ... it's not substitute for winning.
Mila: We do have a difficult road ahead regardless as we face the the host and 18th seed and then the top seed in the group ranked 14th. One win in the group stage is handy but not enough.
Faye: Yes well, the group stage ... the minimum you need to progress is 4 points. If we get 2 wins from 3 games, I'd be happy with that. I don't expect to win all three games.
Mila: There's no easy games in the group stage
Faye: As you see now, as the worst seed ... we won. No easy games for any team.

Mila: Similarly ranked team Yuezhou to us, lost 5-1 to Banija. Which just proves, you have to be at your best at this stage.
Faye: I'd be pretty upset with a loss like that. Pretty painful.
Mila: Cabo Azure ranked 44th, upset 13th seed the Holy Empire 2-1. Well, highlights the quality of the teams in the cup.
Faye: Just says being ranked around 40 doesn't mean you're rubbish at all.
Mila: Well, that's it from me and Faye, we'll be back when we face Chromatika
Faye: See you all later ...

Group E
Chromatika 1–1 Savigliane
Jeruselem 3–2 TJUN-ia

(Fixed error in initial version)
Last edited by Jeruselem on Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeruselem's sports achievements
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=J ... hievements

Land of the Tiger Princesses

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:45 pm

KSK 3-2 PCU / Incisive Kelssek stuns Pemecutan to win World Cup opener

For a stunning few minutes about a quarter of the way through Kelssek’s opening match of the World Cup finals, it seemed like they might run away with a resounding win against the world’s number 6 side, a team that had decisively beaten them twice during qualifying, which fate had drawn them against once again. When Issac Lafrenière curled a cut-back from Bryan Hartpoach across the top of the penalty area into the net, Kelssek were leading 3-0 and the travelling fans euphoric.

Then for a stunning few minutes they looked about to lose everything as Pemecutan stormed back and scored twice in 16 minutes to bring them to within one goal. Kelssek’s early dominance melted away and they found themselves desperately pinned back in their own third, probably saved by the half-time whistle from conceding a third. As Kelssek's pressing efforts took on water, Satya Putra Laksamana was pushing up into midfield and directing devastating broadsides that could quickly have sunk Kelssek's armada.

The second half started tentatively, each team seemingly yet to recover from the sugar rush of a first half. François St-Louis made the first set of substitutions, shoring up the midfield and sacrificing the offensive outlet of Loïc Maçon-Petrault to stop Pemecutan getting through the middle of the park. It was a bold call and had it backfired, “you’re saying I shouldn’t bring on Gabriel Lapierre to win a match?” would not have appeased the critics.

Experience and a knack for the big occasion were his next rolls of the dice, and Thor Ibrahim Ahmad should have scored on 80 minutes when Lapierre played him into a one-on-one situation, though Wira Putra must also take credit for playing the situation to perfection and making the save. Ryan Terlock also had to get across spectacularly to tip Agus Setiahadi’s 30-yard howitzer over the bar to preserve Kelssek’s lead in stoppage time.

Captain Colm Ó Tuathail was vocal in encouraging his teammates from the touchline after coming off in the 72nd minute and said after the match, “It’s a huge win but right now the team are just a bit... It took a lot of focus. More than any other match we’ve played in a while. But we should really look back at this and think, we did really well. It feels like we got away with one, but really, we can be proud of this.”

Kelssek emerged bruised and battered in mind and body, but with a precious three points that gives them a marvellous foothold in this tournament, as they aim to reach the knockout rounds for the first time in six cycles.

Manager François St-Louis spoke of the need to recharge and focus on the next match. “This is something to enjoy and to give us confidence. We need to get into the right frame of mind because there’s another big match coming up in a few days. It’s a challenge to find that right zone but now we have this platform, we can make the most of it.”

KELSSEK 3 – Maçon-Petrault (7’), Ó Tuathail (10’), Lafrenière (22’)
Terlock, Buené, Lambert, Lozic, Holman, dí Völará, Lafrenière (Camserhe 86’), Ó Tuathail (Taleb 72’), Hartpoach (Mann 56’), Maçon-Petrault (Lapierre 56’), Maradrogba (Ahmad 72’)
PEMECUTAN 2 – Mahayana (25’), Pramana (41’)
The Tidal Wave, Tihon (attn. 87,641)
Last edited by Kelssek on Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chromatika
Minister

Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:00 pm

Part I

World Cup 93 Group Stage Matchday 1: Chromatika 1-1 Savigliane @ @Chromatik City Field, Chromia, Capital District (Cap. 100,000, 32,200 Seats)
Goal: Xuen-Zhukov 74'
Starting XI (3-4-1-2): Fillar, J. (C); Ansov - de Aea - Anbient; Fillar, G. - Larriet-Cortes - Hauser - Fillar, E.; Kuznetsov; Xuen-Zhukov - Delaya.
Substitutes: Coulibaly -> Ansov (48'), Fillar, B. -> Kuznetsov (57'), Park -> Delaya (57'), Aimée -> Anbient (67'), Régine -> de Aea (67')
World Cup 93 Group Stage Matchday 2: Chromatika vs. Jeruselem @ @Chromatik City Field, Chromia, Capital District (Cap. 100,000, 32,200 Seats)
Substitutes: GK Kathie Begley, GK Lorée Bautista, DCR Ami Coulibaly, DC Klavida Régine, DCL Ipati Aimée, DC Cylie Nodis, WBR Emlie Kruetzberg, WBL Ha'nei Ighv, BWM Kateryna Zuniga, BWM Mare Si, AP Baillaire Fillar, AM Alissar Phoen, SS Kara Oveni, P Sandara Park, AF Hank Killian.

HOMECOMING
PART II

Chromatik City Field
Chromia, Capital District, Chromatika
One hour before Chromatika vs. Savigliane

It was a pleasantly cool afternoon in the early summer of Chromatika. Chromatik City Field, the home of both the Chromia Central College University Comets and the Crossroads Crusaders, was one of the newest stadiums in the nation, and absolutely capable of hosting the first match in World Cup 93 for the Anomalies. A sold out crowd of 32,200 watched with rapt attention, already seated an hour from kickoff. They all knew what they were here to watch - not only a match against their Anaian neighbors in Savigliane, but also, the enshrinement of the very first Chromatik National Team from World Cup 73 - all eleven starters and their Manager - into the Chromatik Ring of Honor.

Instead of Nikolai Thorben, the first keeper of Chromatika that had eighty-four caps in five cycles, Molly Thorben, his sister, received the honor in his name. Nikolai went to join the Northern Sunrise Islands in their journey off of this plane of existence, and by the time that they switched to the Hinodejin Empire, he was just a part of memory. Molly, to her credit, had eighty-one caps to her name as well - but this time, she was here to honor Nikolai, Chromatika's first goalkeeper back in the days where Chromatika had five defensive backs.

Severin Ilya accepted the award flanked by his nephew, Valence Ilya. Severin only amassed seventy-six caps before giving way to one Erika Morningstar, who is one of the best right backs to play for Chromatika. Severin, though short in structure, wrote the manual on how to be a dogged defender that annoys the opposition - and earned this spot. Nowadays, he runs a footballing academy in the Rainbow District, where Valence comes by on a regular basis to serve as an instructor.

Vitor Raoul was a name that most of the crowd had forgotten. With a career only spanning forty-four international appearances, Raoul's best work was done off the field, being a voice in the locker room of unity, cohesion, and teamwork. He was never too brilliant on the pitch, but made up for it with his smarts, wits, and charming personality. Serving as the Dean of Myana Northwestern High School, Raoul still made it his daily mission to positively impact others, and for that, he was honored.

Luuk Aart needed no introduction. The first Captain of the Anomalies, the instigating agent of the Rainbow Revolution, and the First Husband for ten years with Keri Wyse Aart, Luuk had one hundred and sixty-four caps for the Anomalies while plying his craft at Lonngeylin Coast. A cerebral player who knows knew to handle pressure, stress, and expectations, his size, remarkable drive, and football knowledge had made him the ideal Captain. Now, he, Kerri, and their children enjoyed their life past-public service; they were all very happy to be present to see Luuk honored.

Wildred Worensten was the inaugural XI member with the least amount of caps, only getting fifteen in a short career. Plagued by knee injuries, he had to quit playing rather early. Clad in business attire - he ran a rather successful marquee clothing bazaar in Lhor - Worensten managed to not look out of place surrounded by footballing loyalty of the country.

The other player to only appear fifteen times for the Anomalies, Valeri Witek was large and in charge - something that Left Backs continued to do for many a season, with those like Zlastica Ellen, and the aforementioned Valence Ilya coming after Valeri. Clad in a simple magenta dress accompanied by two massive dogs, Witek looked glamorous. A philanthropist working with animals now, this was a perfect showing for what Witek stands for.

Meagan Kelly. The original small diminutive winger who could run all day long - like Edith Fillar of today. One hundred and forty-three caps and twenty goals to her name, and Kelly was often times the one running the most on the pitch. She arrived with her Turorian family, and got one of the loudest cheers from the crowd. So many smaller players dreamed dreams about playing football because of her, and she remained a role model to many to this day.

Rachel Hellion got a mixed, yet polite, reaction. Too many still remembered her tenure as Assistant Manager along with Alyss Montague during the two cycles that the Anomalies had faltered. However, she got one hundred and sixty-two caps and twenty-four goals as she established herself as the de facto set piece master for the squad. Amicable, reliable, and ever-present, Hellion was one of the most relevant previous Anomalies to date.

Daniel Lucas - in between teams, but still, very very relevant. Fifty-nine caps while being a crossing master, an assist merchant, and a generically positive presence. He hasn't done as well as a Manager - he was in his third team nowadays - but before Carol Liam came to be, there was one Daniel Lucas.

With seventy-four appearances was one Nioli Quren - the unsung hero of many a match for the Anomalies. Soft-spoken and gentle, Quren was like a hunter, waiting for the perfect moment of spacing and timing to happen, and then pouncing on it on a moment’s notice. After his retirement, Nioli pursued his original interest in the culinary arts, becoming a successful chef in Pria. Now the owner of a small chain there, he still remembers his playing days with the Anomalies with pleasure.

Two names remained to be announced - and the first of them was the most surprising of them all. Standing on the podium, flanked by her husband, with her twin daughters Claudia and Jayla in front of her - Claudia waving at everyone, Jayla looking a bit sheepish - was one Gabriella Antonio - who had one hundred and twenty-five caps and forty-three goals before calling it a career at age thirty To Gabriella, to be there with her daughters - the reason that she had called it a career so early and taken all that criticism - was a moment to remember. Nobody could deny her family, her happiness, and her daughters - and, to those that knew - Chromatika's future in football.

With the crowd at a fever pitch, many fans honoring the history of the squad...

Silence fell upon the stadium as Juan Pablo Cortes took to the stage, accompanied by Martin Larriet-Cortes and Jillian Larriet-Cortes, his two children who had been four and two years old respectively when their Mother and the first Manager of Chromatika, Franscesca Larriet-Cortes, had been martyred. Both students at Chromia Central College University, Martin was a Biochemistry Major and Jillian a Journalism Major. They were dressed in all white while their Father was in all black - and the contrast was stunning. A moment of silence was had to honor the memory of the Rainbow Revolution.

A tremendous applause followed. Eleven players enshrined in the Chromatik Ring of Honor. Many more would follow, based on merit and influence, but it made sense to enshrine the original eleven. Their names would remain throughout Chromatik history for all time.

The celebration began in earnest as the stadium grew in fervor. As she got off of the stage, she was instantly snagged by one Keira Andisori, Chromatik Legend and the current District Commissioner of the Capital District.

"Great job," Keira stated, "I know that was difficult for you."

Gabriella leaned into the hug.

"It's done," she answered, "There's no going back now."

The crowd, in full celebration mode, was good to go when the match happened half an hour later. Savigliane pounced early, but Chromatik fitness took over in the second half, and Lavrentiy Xuen-Zhukov's counterattack goal tied things up at one.

For one day in Chromia, however, the game was not the talk of the people. No, everyone remembered the enshrinement, the return of Gabriella Antonio, and the remembrance of one former Manager.
Last edited by Chromatika on Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Boot It!: Oh Cock.

Postby TJUN-ia » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:47 am

By Peter Davis

And so, here we are. 3rd World Cup in 4 Cycles and 2nd on the bounce...and welcome, one and all, to lovely Chromatika! Or more specifically, welcome to Wirr Tsi as all 3 of our group games will be held in the hometown of the Chromatik Air Force and so, for the next few weeks, Wirr Tsi shall be our home too. We certainly worked hard to make it back here but now the talking must stop and these 3 Games of Destiny must be played. Both David Seems and Li Xiu Ying was happy to be back together in time for another WC but they also knew that things were about to get very serious and nothing had to be taken for granted when you are at this level. Two years ago, we shocked the world and made the knockouts. Now...we aim to do the same.

Game 1 at The Shock would be up against one of the more interesting nations in this whole tournament in the form of the Princesses of Jeruselem, the Pot 4 in this group and a team that was always going to be a spectacle no matter what happened on the pitch. Everyone knew that getting points as quickly as possible would be critical for any World Cup ambition and so, we pelted the Princesses with everything we had in the first half. Certainly, we tested GK Diana Princess across this entire game and we would break through twice in that first half, with Malhrani al-Kalhrani and Jackson Smith-Scott striking through in that first half, but once the Princesses reorganised themselves in the 2nd half they were just a fighting force and their substitute game ended up killing us off slowly as Uruha Russia score a brace and Don Desantis would score the eventual winner in the 78th minute to bring hell upon us all. We felt so good being back in the WC...and now, our smiles are gone.

At least the other game ended in a draw, so all hope is not yet lost totally. At least we have that to try and work with as we prepare to face #14 Savigliane and their +4.3 in a 3-4-3 that can act as a chainsaw when required. Ichi Tuzzio will be demanding our blood when his Swans face us in a pivotal MD2 clash and while this will absolutely be fucking tough no matter how you shape it, we cannot just sit back and accept our fate with open arms.
We HAVE to FIGHT! WE ARE FUCKING TJUN-ia, WE CAN'T GIVE UP THAT EASILY.
It took a lot of effort to get here...we can't just allow it all to slip away.
This game may decide our fate...and we shall fight with honour no matter what.
GO JAGS!

WC93 Schedule (Group E, All games at The Shock, Wirr Tsi, Chromatika)
MD1: vs Jeruselem (40) L 2-3 (4th)
MD2: vs Savigliane (14)
MD3: vs Chromatika (18)
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports